PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com Poll: ARod or Ryan Howard

NY Greenman
10-20-2009, 10:56 PM
The non Homers will decide this one but oh well, both have been on fire this postseason, and have been RBI producing Machines.

pf289
10-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I might actually say Arod on this one. I think he still commands more respect from the pitcher than Howard and intimidates the pitcher just a little more because of being one of the best players ever and a long time best player in the league. Still a tough call cause Howard is extremely intimidating and until this year has certainly been more clutch than Arod.

iggypop123
10-20-2009, 11:09 PM
arod not only has been clutch but with HR too. twice in the 9th to tie games. no way should howard the nod over him

Havoc Wreaker
10-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Give me A-rod, his bat + Defense at third base.

theLgndKllr35
10-20-2009, 11:24 PM
I'll probably take A-Rod on this one, just because he's done it a little later in games. However, Howard pushed the Phils into the NLDS with his Game 4 heroics.

It's gonna be fun to see who outdoes the other if they both end up in the World Series.

NY Greenman
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I'll probably take A-Rod on this one, just because he's done it a little later in games. However, Howard pushed the Phils into the NLDS with his Game 4 heroics.

It's gonna be fun to see who outdoes the other if they both end up in the World Series.

i agree, if it ends up being the matchup i think it may, it will be another great series.

Brosiff
10-20-2009, 11:36 PM
My "homerism" and the fact that i hate Arod and his flaming "diva" mentality, i would love to say Howard, but considering the fact that Arod is one of the greatest players in the history of the game, and that he imo is much more feared because he doesnt strike out like Howie, i have to go Arod. :(

CityofTreez
10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Ryan "The Punisher" Howard

Brosiff
10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh also just for the record, i would never want Arod on the phils. Sure he is an amazing player, but that little girl "diva" mentality would never mix well with the phils ways of playing.

BroSweets
10-20-2009, 11:42 PM
I might actually say Arod on this one. I think he still commands more respect from the pitcher than Howard and intimidates the pitcher just a little more because of being one of the best players ever and a long time best player in the league. Still a tough call cause Howard is extremely intimidating and until this year has certainly been more clutch than Arod.

Hahaha your sig quote is hilarious.

But I'm not sure, that's a tough choice. I feel like Alex would be able to produce in just about any lineup more so than howard. Having said that and looking at A-Rod's numbers before this season, there's not much evidence to back my claim but I'm just going to assume that was an extreme slump.

Howard is an awesome player overall and a force at the plate, but when the chips are on the table I think Alex Rodriguez is the one you got to go with.

Havoc Wreaker
10-20-2009, 11:50 PM
How about having them Both?

Jimmy
Shane
Utley
Howard
A-Rod
Werth
Ibanez
Chooch

or

Jeter
Damon
Teix
A-Rod
Howard
Posada
Cano
Swisher
Melky

Yankee Lifer
10-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Its a tuff one but I gotta go with Arod. He has the offense on his back, hes winning these games for them.

nymetsrule
10-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Isn't Alex like 10 for his last 400 post season atbats?

Ralf Jones
10-21-2009, 12:10 AM
How about having them Both?

Jimmy
Shane
Utley
Howard
A-Rod
Werth
Ibanez
Chooch

or

Jeter
Damon
Teix
A-Rod
Howard
Posada
Cano
Swisher
Melky

both lineups make pitchers crap their pants.only the yankees a little more because of the dh

theLgndKllr35
10-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh also just for the record, i would never want Arod on the phils. Sure he is an amazing player, but that little girl "diva" mentality would never mix well with the phils ways of playing.

I don't know about that, anyone that goes to the Phils instantly develops some chemistry with the rest of the team, barring Cole Hamels. Then again who would want to spend time with those guys when you're married to a Playboy model.

Stamina
10-21-2009, 12:26 AM
A-Rod all day

10-21-2009, 12:34 AM
A-Rod, he's getting some kind of magic from banging Kate Hudson.

nickster16301
10-21-2009, 12:47 AM
ill take howard...why?...because he is a legit home run hitter and doesnt need to juice to hit the ball out of the park

ccspence8
10-21-2009, 01:22 AM
ARod is not clutch...I think its 2012, there is no way he is producing in October. Even SNL made fun of him b4 the playoffs started, maybe that's all he needed.

But now its annoying to hear all the Yankee fans praising him, when throughout his entire time in NY he's been looked at as a bum. Its just weird to think if ARod was on the Red Sox & Bud Selig had accepted the trade, I guess its official that baseball will be better without Bud...I mean seriously how can u **** up the all star game & the steroids scandal?

CityofTreez
10-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Isn't Alex like 10 for his last 400 post season atbats?

That's what I was thinking about when I voted for Rhyno! Until this year, A-Rod was just a laughing joke (looking at himself in the mirror, sleeping w/ Canadian prostitutes, boning Madonna is kinda legit. Banging her singing Like A Virgin would be a huge achievement in my life though.)

Tribe
10-21-2009, 03:53 AM
Arod unfortunately

The_Mac22
10-21-2009, 04:29 AM
howard

todu82
10-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Alex Rodriguez definitely.

Dark Donnie
10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
I voted Howard

Twitchy
10-21-2009, 09:30 AM
How quickly people forget about Howard's struggles in the playoffs. He was absolutely useless for the first couple playoff series. But I guess it's cool to forget about that and keep pointing out that Rodriguez is the only player in the history of the playoffs to struggle.

As for this post season, I'd take A-Rod.

Skippy15
10-21-2009, 09:48 AM
A-rod. not a big fan or either but A-rods the better player so i'll take my chances

CQSox305
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Gotta go A-Rod he has been off the charts the last 7 games.

donnie23
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Can't go wrong with either right now they are both en fuego. Why people still throw inside to Howard boggles my mind. He turns on that pitch so fast. If you're gonne pitch him in, it better be up!

DieHardColtsfan
10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Simply A-rod, not taking any thing away from Ryho tho..

DJYankee
10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
I voted for A-Rod because I have seen all his playoffs game and I am surprise every time he steps into the box.

YankeeFan28
10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
ARod is not clutch...I think its 2012, there is no way he is producing in October. Even SNL made fun of him b4 the playoffs started, maybe that's all he needed.

But now its annoying to hear all the Yankee fans praising him, when throughout his entire time in NY he's been looked at as a bum. Its just weird to think if ARod was on the Red Sox & Bud Selig had accepted the trade, I guess its official that baseball will be better without Bud...I mean seriously how can u **** up the all star game & the steroids scandal?

You're blaming the wrong person in regards to the Arod trade.

ShockerArt
10-21-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm going to ingore all the "clutchiness" and "most fearedness" garbage and pick the better player, Alex Rodriguez.

misterd
10-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Can I have ARod batting behind Howard?

misterd
10-21-2009, 11:55 AM
That's what I was thinking about when I voted for Rhyno! Until this year, A-Rod was just a laughing joke (looking at himself in the mirror, sleeping w/ Canadian prostitutes, boning Madonna is kinda legit. Banging her singing Like A Virgin would be a huge achievement in my life though.)

Prior to 2009, ARod Post season at bats were nearly identical to Reggie Jackson's over the same number of games.

It so happens the next game for Jackson was his 3 homer game and was christened Mr. October. Likewise, ARod took off with the 2009 playoff series and is now considered redeemed, with a primate-free back.

Always beware the small sample size.

tbone2171
10-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Gayrod took steroids

CityofTreez
10-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Prior to 2009, ARod Post season at bats were nearly identical to Reggie Jackson's over the same number of games.

It so happens the next game for Jackson was his 3 homer game and was christened Mr. October. Likewise, ARod took off with the 2009 playoff series and is now considered redeemed, with a primate-free back.

Always beware the small sample size.

I'm sorry, but any argument relating A-Fraud to Reggie Jackson is invalid, your talking to the wrong guy. Reggie Jackson was 3x the player A-Rod will ever be!

1). A-Rod started off at SS ----now plays 3rd
2). he played for the rangers and earned an MVP, he was a beast, but he also loved juice
3). Last year, A-Rod was similar to Brett Favre in the media!
4). Even if he hits 3 homers in a game, he'll still be a viewed upon by me as a guy who found a way to cheat, and got caught doing it! Sorry, A-Rod's a *******, and I'm sticking to it!

BTW, he is a ****ing great player, no denying that!

johnnylee722
10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
There are going to be so many runs scored in this World Series...

But Alex is better than Ryan-O

mser58
10-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Ryan Howard, the completely unbias answered:)

Mr. October
10-21-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry, but any argument relating A-Fraud to Reggie Jackson is invalid, your talking to the wrong guy. Reggie Jackson was 3x the player A-Rod will ever be!

1). A-Rod started off at SS ----now plays 3rd
2). he played for the rangers and earned an MVP, he was a beast, but he also loved juice
3). Last year, A-Rod was similar to Brett Favre in the media!
4). Even if he hits 3 homers in a game, he'll still be a viewed upon by me as a guy who found a way to cheat, and got caught doing it! Sorry, A-Rod's a *******, and I'm sticking to it!

BTW, he is a ****ing great player, no denying that!

I think you have it backwards. Arod is 3x the player Reggie was. I love Reggie, obviously, but he was a one dimensional player. Arod is a 5 tool player that is dominant in all facets.

1. And so what? He moved because the Yankees needed a 3B. I think that shows how great an athlete he is. To switch positions and succeed at both.

2. Ok. He has 2 MVPs on the Yankees...

3. What's wrong with being compared to Favre in the media? The media is a bunch of morons that will let idiots like you eat up the crap they put out.

Both players are amazing at what they do and get ridiculed for meaningless off field issues.

4. I'm sure Arod really cares about what you have to say about him. The majority of people will think he has arrived as a complete star player, which is unfair because he's always been great, but right now he's becoming one of the best player to ever play the game.

Mr. October
10-21-2009, 01:48 PM

Selig had nothing to do with the trade. If you want to blame anyone you can blame the player's association and Red Sox management for failing to get the deal done.

Good try with conspiracy theory though. Maybe a cliche, but still a good try.

CityofTreez
10-22-2009, 02:11 PM
3. What's wrong with being compared to Favre in the media? The media is a bunch of morons that will let idiots like you eat up the crap they put out.

Edit. A-Rod is similar to Roger Clemens in the media. He gets caught cheating and all they worry about is who's boning Alex Rodriguez, the greatest ball player of all-time. Your going to eat your words for that one

bringbackfredex
10-22-2009, 02:43 PM
I prefer my stars to be steriod and nude mirror photo free.

Howard.

MDfootball36
10-22-2009, 02:47 PM
i never thought id see the day that i can say this

arod has been clutch...in the postseason

LAFord
10-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Steriods for the Win!

Gorgon2k
10-22-2009, 03:47 PM
By comparing Arod to Reggie your only proving that Reggie wasn't all that great in the post season, sans a few years. he's a career 278 in 11 seasons(77 games) with a 358 OBP and a decent 885 ops. Ryan Howard has a career 26 games and has a 295 Ba, 409 OBP and great 988 OPS. He also only grounded into a DP one time and has 24 Rbis. Arod has a career 299 ba in 46 games. 388 OBP and a 951 OPS, all of which are very similar to Howard and are impressive numbers. Howard does have 4 less RBIs in 20 less games, 12 less runs, 3 less walks. Statistically it's very close, and Ignoring sample size, Ryan Howard gets the nod. All of that aside, Arod is def. the better player.

Hustla23
10-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I prefer my stars to be steriod and nude mirror photo free.

Howard.
LMAO I had no idea I was in a sig.

Cool. I still stand by my words :D

Also, how about we just pick the better player ?

As in, A-Rod.