PDA

View Full Version : Shawne Merriman?

Kakaroach
10-20-2009, 09:52 PM
San Diego, where linebacker Shawne Merriman is in the final year of his contract, and where the Chargers, by all accounts and appearances, have no desire to keep him for the long term.

The problem will be finding a team that thinks Merriman still has some gas in the tank, and that has extra players at a position where the Chargers have a specific need.

Their most glaring weakness for San Diego is at nose tackle, given the season-ending injury Jamal Williams suffered in Week 1. But any team that has a good one is using him, and if they give him up, even the presence of Merriman won't help them become contenders. http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33313758/ns/sports-nfl/

We need more help after Odom went out and the new fella won't be enough to replace him. Do you guy thinks we should go after Shawne Merriman? And if so, how much would you be willing to give up in order to get "Lights Out"?

Theanswer76
10-20-2009, 11:08 PM
i deff believe we should get this man ASAPP. I wonder if we are even going to pursue him, i would love mauluga, rivers, and merriman..? that is a nasty core there. But we also need Safties/ O Line.

Fury
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
if merriman changed teams that wud be the only way hell get back to form....if we took him and had him rivers and maualuga then we have the defense of the future and all of a sudden we wud be alot more scary...than we wud just need plamer to be more consistant and start playing like a veteran instead of a guy coming off an injury plagued season

carella211
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
i haven't seen him play lately. is he still the same player before his injury?

plus, we're pretty deep on the d-line, i don't see any trade happening. especially if it means giving up an o-lineman. and like the dude above me said, our biggest concern on defense right now is safety.

Kakaroach
10-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I think our line-backing core is already pretty good, but I just thought maybe we need him without Odom cuz he's a good pass rusher. He's been pretty bad this year though, only 8 tackles so far this season.