PDA

View Full Version : Bengals sign DT Orien Harris

Kakaroach
10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Defensive tackle Orien Harris has signed with the Cincinnati Bengals, who had an open roster spot after defensive end Antwan Odom tore his right Achilles’ tendon.

Harris played in 16 games for the Bengals last season. He was traded to St. Louis on May 7 for halfback Brian Leonard, then was traded to Detroit on July 22. He made the Lions’ roster, was inactive for the first game, then was waived.

Odom, who is tied for the NFL lead with eight sacks, got hurt during a 28-17 loss to Houston on Sunday. He had surgery and is out for the season. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-harris&prov=ap&type=lgns

Kakaroach
10-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Looks like this guy is going to replace Odom. I've never even heard of him, but I hope he is at least competent. :pray: We need someone to replace that giant void.

jlohm1
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
ive never heard of him either. lets hope it works out for the best though.

carella211
10-21-2009, 06:46 PM
come on guys!! he's the dude we traded to st. louis to get leonard!! duh! and what a trade that's become. leonard has been huge for us on offense, now we get this guy back. we originally got him off waivers from the saints. his brother plays o-line for the raiders. orien has alot of potential, but is very raw. and i'm not sure he'll ever realize his potential tbh. i don't expect to see him starting or even getting very many snaps. he's here for depth only.

Kakaroach
10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Ohhh really? Haha I barely remember that trade but yeah your right. He won't get any snaps, unless its garbage minutes or an injury happens. I hope for the best though, we need someone to help cope.

jlohm1
10-21-2009, 09:25 PM
i would like to see him start if he earns it

Kinsm
10-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Can't believe you guys didn't remember who he was. Great trade for the Bengals by the way. Orien shouldn't get any playing time, he isn't nfl quality (yet).

MystkLp
10-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Hope he helps the team tremendously