PDA

View Full Version : Do most want to play the team that eliminated them the prior season in the playoffs?

JordansBulls
10-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Do most want to play the team that eliminated them the prior season in the playoffs?

Example: In 2005 the Pistons eliminated the top seeded Heat in the ECF.

In 2006 the Heat wanted Detroit all year long. When they met in the playoffs the Heat beat the top seeded Pistons.

To me I say it only matters when both teams are pretty much the same level. So like if you lost to a team in the finals, I am sure you would want them again or if you lost to a team that had a worse record than you did I am sure you would want them again.

For instance,

I don't think a team like the 2008 or 2009 Jazz would want the Lakers as the Lakers were clearly better having the better record, etc.

But a team like the Blazers in 2009 would want a team like the Rockets the following year as the Blazers lost to the Rockets with the better record.
Or a team like the Spurs in 2009 would want a team like the Mavericks next year as the Spurs lost to the Mavs with the better record.

Raptor-54
10-20-2009, 05:46 PM
raptors vs orlando

R cool J
10-20-2009, 05:49 PM
yes...i want boston!!!

Raps18-19 Champ
10-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Depends on the team.

Like for the Wizards, I would be mad if I had to face Cleveland again.

IRUAM #21
10-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Yes !!! bring on the Hawks !

bal_ravens
10-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Depends on the team.

Like for the Wizards, I would be mad if I had to face Cleveland again.

If fully healthy, i'd guarentee the Wizards would love to play Cleveland. They were one of our only wins last season.

fairandbalanced
10-20-2009, 05:55 PM
HELL YES...naw where r the Hawks? can't wait.

Spurred1
10-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Depends-that team may always have the other's number so they might not want to face them again.

sofargone
10-20-2009, 06:16 PM
if the raptors face orlando id be happy cause the raptors would win this time

blazerman
10-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Hell ya we want Houston again but I doubt they make the playoffs this yr so we'll just have to bust out the brooms on them in the regular season. :rolleyes:

Wilson
10-20-2009, 07:14 PM
I think so. I think the team that eliminates you becomes the team you measure yourself by this season, so you definately want them again, to measure how far you've come.

It's just part of the process of growing and improving as a team I think.

TannerOwnsDevin
10-20-2009, 07:18 PM
i want the celtics to beat the lakers. so yes.

Wilson
10-20-2009, 07:20 PM
i want the celtics to beat the lakers. so yes.

The Lakers weren't the last team to eliminate the Celtics though...:confused:

JWO35
10-20-2009, 08:55 PM
If the Pistons make the playoffs, I want to face the Chicago Bulls in the 1st round...So Ben Gordon can lay the Smackdown on them!

TannerOwnsDevin
10-20-2009, 09:01 PM
The Lakers weren't the last team to eliminate the Celtics though...:confused:

you're right.

me=:facepalm:

MiamiHeat
10-20-2009, 09:08 PM
yes
I want the Heat to face the Hawks in the playoffs

:mad:
JOSH SMITH!!!
the radio guy announcer!!

_KB24_
10-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Hell yeah, I would like to play Boston and give them a big can of whoop ***!

These are the teams that would like revenge and have a shot:

Lakers vs Boston
Wizards vs Cavs
Boston vs Magic
Spurs vs Mavs
Blazers vs Rockets

nstachowski
10-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah, but only if I believed that my team was better than that team

Raph12
10-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Pretty sure Magic fans would rather play any other team in the Finals, LA's frontcourt is just WAY too dominating.

Artest+Odom+Gasol+Bynum=TROUBLE!

Then you add the best player in the league in Kobe Bryant to the list, seems sort of unfair doesn't it lol.

JordansBulls
10-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Hell yeah, I would like to play Boston and give them a big can of whoop ***!

These are the teams that would like revenge and have a shot:

Lakers vs Boston
Wizards vs Cavs
Boston vs Magic
Spurs vs Mavs
Blazers vs Rockets

Good list.

I am still mad about 2005 between Bulls and Wizards when we lost with HCA. However Deng and Curry didn't even play that series.

BoltLakerPadre
10-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Well no one eliminated the Lakers last year, so...uh I do want to watch the Lakers beat the Celtics, so that would be fun. But more than that I want to beat the Cavs in the finals. So this is a tough one. Either way I want the Lakers to win it all, again.

Rocktober2009
10-21-2009, 03:22 AM
Well of course, most Denver fans would love to play against the Lakers again. To be the best ya gotta beat the best.

at least thats what I think

thephoenixson28
10-21-2009, 04:07 AM
Hell yeah I would but the only problem is we didn't make the playoffs. But this year is a new year

JordansBulls
10-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Hell yeah I would but the only problem is we didn't make the playoffs. But this year is a new year

So you want the Spurs?

jimbobjarree
10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
yeah but not in the first ****ing round again

JordansBulls
10-21-2009, 02:42 PM
yeah but not in the first ****ing round again

Who the Spurs or Lakers?

Chronz
10-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Do most want to play the team that eliminated them the prior season in the playoffs?

Example: In 2005 the Pistons eliminated the top seeded Heat in the ECF.

In 2006 the Heat wanted Detroit all year long. When they met in the playoffs the Heat beat the top seeded Pistons.

To me I say it only matters when both teams are pretty much the same level. So like if you lost to a team in the finals, I am sure you would want them again or if you lost to a team that had a worse record than you did I am sure you would want them again.

For instance,

I don't think a team like the 2008 or 2009 Jazz would want the Lakers as the Lakers were clearly better having the better record, etc.

But a team like the Blazers in 2009 would want a team like the Rockets the following year as the Blazers lost to the Rockets with the better record.
Or a team like the Spurs in 2009 would want a team like the Mavericks next year as the Spurs lost to the Mavs with the better record.

Werent the Heat seeded lower than the on-fire Pistons squad that year, isnt that a major no-no in your criteria of greatness? HCA and all?

I dont see what your getting at but Ill give my take anyways.

The Heat knew they were better than the Pistons, they just werent healthy. So yes on their part, just dont see what it has to do with their record? I just always saw them as the better team at full capacity, and that Heat team that lost was in many ways superior to the one that actually won the damn title. Wade didnt need to be superman for them to win.

Blazers would want no part of the Rockets of 09, much less if Tmac was healthy. That series wasnt even close, and Roy was beastly good.

Chronz
10-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Pretty sure Magic fans would rather play any other team in the Finals, LA's frontcourt is just WAY too dominating.

Artest+Odom+Gasol+Bynum=TROUBLE!

Then you add the best player in the league in Kobe Bryant to the list, seems sort of unfair doesn't it lol.
When Kobe stans try to degrade the Lakers talent and overall depth to help Kobes image they trash the backcourt players(Even though the man, accounts for most of their needs there). They have a putrid PG weakness, THATS IT. And even then, some teams would be so lucky if their weaknesses were such great floor spacers. But the scary part is that Bynum wasnt healthy, and Farmar will definitely improve this year. Their potential for improvement is an underrated key to their success next year.

what54!?
10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
hell yeah I wanna play the hawks again

JordansBulls
10-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Werent the Heat seeded lower than the on-fire Pistons squad that year, isnt that a major no-no in your criteria of greatness? HCA and all?

I dont see what your getting at but Ill give my take anyways.

The Heat knew they were better than the Pistons, they just werent healthy. So yes on their part, just dont see what it has to do with their record? I just always saw them as the better team at full capacity, and that Heat team that lost was in many ways superior to the one that actually won the damn title. Wade didnt need to be superman for them to win.

Blazers would want no part of the Rockets of 09, much less if Tmac was healthy. That series wasnt even close, and Roy was beastly good.

Heat were 59-23 in 2005 and the Pistons 54-28 and the Pistons knocked off the Heat

The next year in 2006 the Pistons were 64-18 and the Heat 52-30 and the Heat knocked off the Pistons.