PDA

View Full Version : East: After top 3, Rank these teams.

Cool007
10-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Okay we all know Cavs/Magic/Celtics are the top 3 teams in the East and there is no debate (other than who is better amongst them).

But after those 3 teams, looking at preseason (so we have some idea), which teams look better and who should be ranker higher or will have a better record than others.

Rank these teams:

Atlanta
Chicago
Toronto
Washington
Miami
Philadelphia

These are the teams (arguably) favorite to make the playoffs. Which team gets left out of the playoffs???

Which other team might sneak in???

op12
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
wash (assuming healthy)
atl
miami
toronto
detroit

philly
bulls (not sold on their inside game)
cats

could obviously switch depending on situations, injuries, what not. but this is how i see it right now and im giving philly the benefit of the doubt. think the bulls and cats could be better.

ChiSox219
10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Atlanta
Chicago
Miami
Washington
Philadelphia
Toronto

Chronz
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Anyone who doesnt have Atlanta #4 isnt smart enough to make any sort of prediction. They are easily the most logical choice here.

Now that Ive finished updating my 2k, I looked at the team ratings and heres what I got

Hawks
Philly
Bulls
Wizards
Heat
Raps

Litchris12
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Miami....jermaine o'neal aint ****

Raph12
10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Okay we all know Cavs/Magic/Celtics are the top 3 teams in the East and there is no debate (other than who is better amongst them).

But after those 3 teams, looking at preseason (so we have some idea), which teams look better and who should be ranker higher or will have a better record than others.

Rank these teams:

Atlanta
Chicago
Toronto
Washington
Miami
Philadelphia

These are the teams (arguably) favorite to make the playoffs. Which team gets left out of the playoffs???

1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta
5. Washington
6. Chicago
7. Miami
8. Toronto

clutchski
10-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Detroit and Charlotte will be fighting for playoff spots too..it's tough to rank those teams. ATL likely is a sure fire thing for a solid playoff seed. That's pretty much it to me. Philly will make the playoffs too.

After that there's Toronto, Miami, Washington (a lot depends on Arenas and how he returns), Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago..all of which could be potentially fighting for an 8th seed or be easily into 5th.

HiphopRelated
10-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Hawks
Wizards
Heat
Raptors(possibly top 5 offense, definitely lottery defense)
Philly
Chicago

PhillyForLife90
10-20-2009, 01:36 PM
This is tough, but for me I can see something like this:

4th: Hawks
5th: Philly (assuming everyone stays healthy for the most part)
6th: Miami
7th: Chicago
8th: Its a toss up beween Washington and Toronto. It depends on how well Turk fits in with the Raps, or is Bosh is traded, you never know. Washington has had a hard time staying healthy, but when they are, they could be easily in 5th or 4th place as long as Arenas stays healthy, Jamison, etc.

Other teams such as Detroit, Charlotte will be fighting for the 8th spot as well. The East is going to be very tough this year.

JordansBulls
10-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I believe Chicago can beat out Atlanta for the 4th seed. We won 49 games in 2007 with a weaker cast and our team now is stronger. In fact Atlanta last year won 47 games to get the 4th seed.

Cool007
10-20-2009, 01:50 PM
wash (assuming healthy)
atl
miami
toronto
detroit

philly
bulls (not sold on their inside game)
cats

Look at your reasoning for Bulls. If Bulls don't have Inside game, then how does Detroit???

Bulls are definitely better than that Pistons team.

HiphopRelated
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I believe Chicago can beat out Atlanta for the 4th seed. We won 49 games in 2007 with a weaker cast and our team now is stronger. In fact Atlanta last year won 47 games to get the 4th seed.
This isn't 2007's East

heatbb
10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
So are everybody else stronger. Chicago isn't ready for a home court. Atlanta on the other hand is the 'best of the rest' on paper and in actuality.

IversonIsKrazy
10-20-2009, 06:39 PM
4. ATL
5. Toronto
6. Washington
7. Chicago
8. Miami
9. Philly
10. Detroit
11. Charlotte
12. Indiana

SA5195
10-20-2009, 06:46 PM
ATl

Washington

Raptors

Miami

Chicago

Philly

Charlotte

Detroit

mikantsass
10-20-2009, 06:53 PM
4 Atlanta- Clearly the best team in this bunch. I think they should be unanimous here

5 Philly- Good team as long as Brand stays healthy. They got AI too

6 Toronto- Some new faces, but they have some talent with Bosh and Hedo

7 Miami- Dwade. Period.

8 Washington- On paper this team looks great, but they need time to develop chemistry so they lose some games early

Sorry Bulls fans/Rose worshipers, you lose

MackSnackWrap
10-20-2009, 06:53 PM
4) Raps
5)Atlanta
6)Washington
7)Miami
8)Philadelphia

RapsGuy23
10-20-2009, 07:17 PM
1.Boston
2.Cleveland
3.Orlando
4.Atlanta
5.Chicago
6.Toronto
7.Washington
8.Philadelphia or Miami

smith&wesson
10-20-2009, 07:23 PM
this is funny shiet. ALL the hombers are picking theyre teams to finish after ATL

the trueth is after the 4th its spread wide open theres no way you can tell how the new look raps are gonna finish, or how good washington will be with a healthy gilbert, how well chigaco will do with out gordon, if wade can carry miami to a high seed...

its any ones guess, i supose thats why its soo tempting to want to predict your home team to finish high in the seeding. . to me only atl is a lock at the 4th spot.

Matchstckman
10-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure how much of a lock it is that the Celts, Magic, and Cavs all land in the top 3, but assuming that's the case.

4. Atl
5. Chi
6. Miami
7. Was
8. Charlotte (just a guess...maybe Indy)

Shady66
10-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Atlanta
Miami
Washington
Toronto
Bulls

fairandbalanced
10-20-2009, 09:19 PM
No matter what the Bulls fans say....You're not making the post-season in my opinion. That team is as good as the Thunder, and they're not thinking post-season......

Challenging Jordanbulls to a sig bet....:pray:

4. ATL
5. Miami
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. New Jersey.

mjt20mik
10-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Seriously guys..

4) Atlanta
5) Philli
6) Toronto
7) Chicago
8) Washington

Teams that just don't cut it:

Miami (with JO being his injury prone self, it's all going to be on Dwade. He has some help for Anthony and Chalmers, but those guys can not take this team into the post season).

HouRealCoach
10-20-2009, 09:37 PM

2007 Wasnt that good.... Detroit was the only solid team and they choked, Why do you think Cleveland had that easy road that year. Miami and Washington was injured like hell, NJ was slow, Magic were beginners

ChiSox219
10-20-2009, 09:39 PM
The Bulls are a better team now than they were after the all star break last season. They should not have a problem making the playoffs unless they suffer serious injuries.

If the Bulls miss the playoffs and the Raptors make it I will puke, you can sig bet that.

gocubs2118
10-20-2009, 09:41 PM
No matter what the Bulls fans say....You're not making the post-season in my opinion. That team is as good as the Thunder, and they're not thinking post-season......

4. ATL
5. Miami
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. New Jersey.

Good thing your opinion doesn't mean jack ****. The Bulls are easily the 7th best team in the Eastern Conference.

MiamiHeat
10-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Seriously guys..

4) Atlanta
5) Philli
6) Toronto
7) Chicago
8) Washington

Teams that just don't cut it:

Miami (with JO being his injury prone self, it's all going to be on Dwade. He has some help for Anthony and Chalmers, but those guys can not take this team into the post season).
:shrug:
they made it last year
chalmers and beasley getting better
I don't see why we won't make the playoffs

Mikeleafs
10-20-2009, 09:53 PM
The Bulls are a better team now than they were after the all star break last season. They should not have a problem making the playoffs unless they suffer serious injuries.

If the Bulls miss the playoffs and the Raptors make it I will puke, you can sig bet that.

Make sure you dont get any on yourself. lol

Mikeleafs
10-20-2009, 10:00 PM
My picks are:

Cle
Bos
Orl
Atl
Tor
Philly
Was
Chi

Unec
10-20-2009, 10:02 PM
hawks
76ers
heat
raps
wizards

IRUAM #21
10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Can't believe people think the Heat won't make it :pity:

nitric
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM

4. ATL
5. Miami
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. New Jersey.:facepalm:

Edit: You have the Nets at 8th? LMAO! Joke post confirmed.

IRUAM #21
10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
4.Hawks
5.Raptors
6.Wizards
7.Heat
8.Bulls

marlinsfan24
10-20-2009, 10:33 PM
The Hawks aren't a lock for 4th. Jamal Crawford could be a cancer to a young team as he is a guy who likes to chuck up shots. The Heat are gonna need Beasley and Chalmers to step up big time and JO to stay healthy. The Wizards, we need to see if they can mesh well. I say beyond the big 3, nothing is a lock.

ManRam
10-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Easily...

4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Miami

zambo4president
10-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Atlanta
Chicago
Washington
Toronto
Charlotte

Gators123
10-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Atlanta
Washington
Toronto
Detroit
Chicago

IRUAM #21
10-20-2009, 10:50 PM
**** you !!!!!!!!!!

zambo4president
10-20-2009, 10:50 PM

4. ATL
5. Miami
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. New Jersey.

Im a Bulls fan too, make me a sig bet.

Gators123
10-20-2009, 10:55 PM
**** you !!!!!!!!!!

lol I'm a heat fan also (i live in Broward) but we need to make another move before we make playoffs. We didn't really do anything this summer.

ManRam
10-20-2009, 11:01 PM
There is zero doubt in my mind that the Bulls are better than the team that took Boston to 7 games last year. They'll easily be a playoff team. Losing BG is addition by subtraction. Deng, Miller and especially Salmons for an entire season will be MONEY for them. Not to mention Derrick Rose, TT, Joey etc. getting better as they get more experience.

IRUAM #21
10-20-2009, 11:02 PM
lol I'm a heat fan also (i live in Broward) but we need to make another move before we make playoffs. We didn't really do anything this summer.

Yeah i was kidding bro. I just don't see how we can't make it. We were the 5th seed last year and we didn't make any moves but we didn't lose anybody other than Moon and Blount.

Gators123
10-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah i was kidding bro. I just don't see how we can't make it. We were the 5th seed last year and we didn't make any moves but we didn't lose anybody other than Moon and Blount.

I wouldn't be surprised if wade stepped it up even more this year and took miami to the playoffs again :clap:. Nothing i would like more then to watch the bulls miss the playoffs :D

bbcmillionaire
10-20-2009, 11:19 PM
well so far(even though its pre-season) the bulls bench and chemistry are way better then last years. Im sorry, ben gordon was instant offense, but a liability on defense. Deng takes his place, and we play more team ball. Hell, i say we can challange atl for 4th or not make the playoffs

op12
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Look at your reasoning for Bulls. If Bulls don't have Inside game, then how does Detroit???

true but i would take charlie v, maxiell, wilcox and kwame over tyrus, noah and miller. charlie can score, wilcox is underrated and a beast and maxiell will match noahs toughness and fight. kwame is even playing decent with the pistons. i like miller but he only does so much.

not to mention stuckey, gordon, rip, prince and bynum. austin daye could even provide some depth and numbers to the front court.

rose, salmons, and hinrich are solid but not sure thats enough. i dont know i just like the pistons team over the bulls.

cr00zi3
10-20-2009, 11:24 PM
It is easily...

4.Hawks
5.Bulls
6.Wizards
7.Heat
8.Raptors

sofargone
10-20-2009, 11:51 PM
4. Atlanta
5.Rap-attack
6.Washington
7. Miami
8. Philly

sorry chicago....only team that didnt improve in the off-season, just lost your top scorer, im still not sold on Deng either

bbcmillionaire
10-21-2009, 12:00 AM
true but i would take charlie v, maxiell, wilcox and kwame over tyrus, noah and miller. charlie can score, wilcox is underrated and a beast and maxiell will match noahs toughness and fight. kwame is even playing decent with the pistons. i like miller but he only does so much.

not to mention stuckey, gordon, rip, prince and bynum. austin daye could even provide some depth and numbers to the front court.

rose, salmons, and hinrich are solid but not sure thats enough. i dont know i just like the pistons team over the bulls.

bwhahahahaha:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh 2:
wow seriously?
charlie can score but lacks defense and has reached his ceiling -tyrus plays defense and scores and havent reached his ceiling yet

wilcox a beast? underrated? if you max out his stats in 2k10. wilcox is a role player-miller is a solid player who could score, comes off the bench and plays suspect defense.

maxiel is like brandon bass, he's good, but not starter caliber-noah is young, defensive minded long center, like a young marcus camby minus the jumper.

kwame :speechless: I'd take Aaron Gray over him

prince=deng(but prince shoots a wicked 3)
rose>stucky
hinrich=gordon(what one lacks the other is good at ex. gordon instant offense, hinrich not so much. Hinrich is a helluva defensive player, gordon NOT)
hamilton MAYBE AND I REPEAT MAYBE>salmons.

not to mention our rookies are looking great(james johnson, taj gibson and maybe byers) will help our bench a great deal, with pargo

I'd easily pick the bulls over the pistons

gocubs2118
10-21-2009, 12:07 AM
4. Atlanta
5.Rap-attack
6.Washington
7. Miami
8. Philly

sorry chicago....only team that didnt improve in the off-season, just lost your top scorer, im still not sold on Deng either

Ya your right, its not like Rose is going to get any better. We have a full season of Salmons and Miller. Deng is healthy and the rookies are producing. The Bulls will be a playoff team.

sofargone
10-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Ya your right, its not like Rose is going to get any better. We have a full season of Salmons and Miller. Deng is healthy and the rookies are producing. The Bulls will be a playoff team.
k from the teams i chose to make the playoffs who do you think they could beat? i guess it would be a toss up between them and philly. how do you know the rookies are producing? have they played an NBA regular season game yet?

gocubs2118
10-21-2009, 12:14 AM
k from the teams i chose to make the playoffs who do you think they could beat? i guess it would be a toss up between them and philly. how do you know the rookies are producing? have they played an NBA regular season game yet?

They could beat the Raptors, Wizards, Heat or Sixers. I see them anywhere from the 5th seed to the 7th seed.

sofargone
10-21-2009, 12:20 AM
They could beat the Raptors, Wizards, Heat or Sixers. I see them anywhere from the 5th seed to the 7th seed.
you overrate them tremendously. i see them 7th seed AT BEST. then again you are a chicago fan and i wouldnt expect you to think theyd do bad

Eagles4Lyfe
10-21-2009, 12:23 AM
LMAO i cant wait for reality to strike and to start laughing at the bulls and sixers fans at the end of the year...Chitcago isnt going anywhere you guys are NOT more talented and dont have as much depth as the Raptors or Wizards i dont get how your ranking yourselves so high:S.....Ill bet any of you people that seriously think chicago or phillies going to be anywhere in the top 5 in the east..God how dillusional and homerable can people be:confused:..Why dont you guys be like the pacer and knicks fans and just not bother answering at all because your all going to eat your words..

sofargone
10-21-2009, 12:27 AM
LMAO i cant wait for reality to strike and to start laughing at the bulls and sixers fans at the end of the year...Chitcago isnt going anywhere you guys are NOT more talented and dont have as much depth as the Raptors or Wizards i dont get how your ranking yourselves so high:S.....Ill bet any of you people that seriously think chicago or phillies going to be anywhere in the top 5 in the east..God how dillusional and homerable can people be:confused:..Why dont you guys be like the pacer and knicks fans and just not bother answering at all because your all going to eat your words..

youre 100% right. if this were facebook i would press like. the raptors have one of the best benches, washington has a good 5

mjt20mik
10-21-2009, 12:34 AM
they made it last year

Yeah I should clarify my reasoning. Well first and foremost, of the teams that I mentioned have made significant changes to their roster and got people back from injuries (i.e Washington getting Haywood and Arenas back, Toronto making some pretty big moves, Atlanta getting Crawford, Phili getting Brand, Chicago getting back a healthy Deng).

I guess you can make a point with those teams (specifically Chicago and Toronto) as they haven't really proved themselves this year with the upgrades and loss of key players (Ben Gordon).

But I just think, speaking specifically about the Miami Heat, that Dwade can not do it all this year. Chalmers is getting better and so is Beasley, but they are severely going to be under matched against bigger front courts in the NBA.

ChiSox219
10-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Toronto is weak there are plenty of people who see that but there's a lot of others that overrate them and think they could be a 5 seed.

Toronto has one All-Star, limited depth, a couple of obvious strengths and a couple of equally clear weaknesses. That spells mediocre to me, so I'm projecting them to land in the lower middle of the Eastern Conference's huddled mass of contenders.

Chronz
10-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Can't believe people think the Heat won't make it :pity:

Why do you think they are such a lock?

Chronz
10-21-2009, 12:42 AM
The Hawks aren't a lock for 4th. Jamal Crawford could be a cancer to a young team as he is a guy who likes to chuck up shots. The Heat are gonna need Beasley and Chalmers to step up big time and JO to stay healthy. The Wizards, we need to see if they can mesh well. I say beyond the big 3, nothing is a lock.

That would be a great point if the guy he was replacing wasnt a poorer version of himself. JC is overrated as they come but he was worth the pick up, hes a classic off the bench scorer, and can be utilized at either G spots alongside JJ.

IRUAM #21
10-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Why do you think they are such a lock?

I already mentioned that they didn't make any moves but they didn't lose anybody too important. Only way i don't see them making it is if Wade gets hurt. Unless you're gonna use that argument that the East got better.

effen5
10-21-2009, 12:57 AM
you overrate them tremendously. i see them 7th seed AT BEST. then again you are a chicago fan and i wouldnt expect you to think theyd do bad

And you underrated them tremendously why?

Ben Gordon was a cancer in the starting line up....the ball movement and team chemistry will be a lot better with Ben Gordon gone.

Our Rookies especially Taj Gibson looks fantastic in the preseason and yes I mean when hes going against the starters of the other team.

Pargo, Hinrich, Miller, Taj, JJ ... we have tremendous depth in our bench.

No more rookies meaning DeNegro is no longer a rookie coach, and Derrick Rose is no longer a rookie in the league.

This team finally gets to play a full season with Salmons and Miller...one of the main reasons why we had such a solid record after the trade.

The development of Joakim Noah....he is looking very sharp in the preseason, definetly doing a lot more then he did the beginning of last year.

Then again you aren't a Bulls fan so I would expect you to think the Bulls and Derrick Rose is overrated.

1) Magic
2) Cleveland
3) Boston
4) Hawks
5) Raptors
6) Bulls
7) Philly
8) Miami

Chronz
10-21-2009, 01:07 AM
I already mentioned that they didn't make any moves but they didn't lose anybody too important. Only way i don't see them making it is if Wade gets hurt. Unless you're gonna use that argument that the East got better.

Teams that stand still tend to get left in the dust IMO, and you did lose Moon, I dont know what Jamario did wrong to you guys but at the end of the season he got zero time and come playoff time he got zilch. Getting a handle on where the Heat are as a team is tricky because they were basically 2 different squads last year, and with Jermaine not rebounding like he used to, the lack of depth, and the glaring weakness at the 3, its going to take the Wade of the 2nd half of the season for them to make the playoffs if they dont shore up some of these shortcomings. I really doubt Wade (anyone really) could continue such a torrid pace. Granted some of your guys should improve and make it somewhat easier, but I really think Jermaine is key for you guys, without him you have nothing to compensate for what Marion provided. Beasley will also play a factor but its still going to take an awful lot of Wade to win consistently.

It has an eerily similar feel to when Tmac had to carry scrubs on his back till it got to ridiculous levels that no one ever reached and consequently crashed back down to earth the following year and proceeded to get injured, that year to get the Magic into the playoffs the 2nd half of 02-03, (34.5, 6.5, 6.3 ,40.3PT%). Wade wont suffer as much as Mac did (I hope) but if he doesnt get help they wont win next year.

And of course the East improved, the teams that missed the playoffs added players and the teams that made them last year dropped a few. So its not unreasonable to suspect they wont make it.

Ethix11
10-21-2009, 01:11 AM
1st PG-Bulls 1st SG-Heat 1st SF-Wiz 1st PF-Raps 1st C-Raps = 5 points
2nd PG-Wiz 2nd SG-76ers 2nd SF-Raps 2nd PF-Wiz 2nd C-Heat = 4 points
3rd PG-Raps 3rd SG-Pist 3rd SF-Heat 3rd PF-76ers 3rd C-Wiz = 3 points
4th PG-Pist 4th SG-Bulls 4th SF-Bulls 4th PF-Pist 4th C-76ers = 2 points
5th PG-Heat 5th SG-Wiz 5th SF-76ers 5th PF-Heat 5th C-Bulls = 1 point

I ranked 6 teams in order from best position based on paper. Judging by that formula, this is the order they should play out assuming that they all stay healthy because those are things we cannot assume for we know not for sure.

4th)Hawks (win with this formula anyway)
5th)Raptors or Wizards
6th)Raptors or Wizards
7th)Heat
8th)Bulls or 76ers
9th)Bulls or 76ers

Anyone can get injured during the season but the most notable injury prone players are:
Gilbert Arenas, Jermaine OŽNeal, & Elton Brand.

ChiSox219
10-21-2009, 01:22 AM

I ranked 6 teams in order from best position based on paper. Judging by that formula, this is the order they should play out assuming that they all stay healthy because those are things we cannot assume for we know not for sure.

5th)Raptors or Wizards
6th)Raptors or Wizards
7th)Heat
8th)Bulls or 76ers
9th)Bulls or 76ers

Anyone can get injured during the season but the most notable injury prone players are:

Boatload of fail.

Mavrix
10-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Detroit > Philly

mjt20mik
10-21-2009, 01:33 AM
In all honesty, I think the Hawks are going to have 4th place on lockdown. The 5-8 is what's going to be interesting. Really, it's anyone's game.

mjt20mik
10-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Toronto is weak there are plenty of people who see that but there's a lot of others that overrate them and think they could be a 5 seed.

I guess each team has it's pros and cons. Hollinger made some points about that, but I really don't think depth is going to be an issue with this years Raptors. There roster for example...

Bargnani - Rasho
Bosh - Evans
Turkoglu - DeRozan
Wright - Belinelli
Calderon - Jack

Defense can be seen as an issue with the starting line up, but if you look at the overall 10 man rotation that I just wrote out, it doesn't look to shallow to me.

abe_froman
10-21-2009, 03:12 AM
they made it last year

more competition for 2 spots.wiz and raps were non factors last year and look to be back this year.thus uping the probability that a couple playoff teams last year might not be ones this.
why not,didnt make any moves to look better on paper

i'm not saying they wont,in fact i think they have a good shot.just giving you the rational

anyways:
4.hawks
5.wiz

6,7 and 8 is going to be very tight and its way to murky(though philly will land one of them,either 6 or 7.yes i'm coming around on them).and will be decided by trade before deadline

Tribe
10-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Chicago
Atlanta
Toronto
Miami
Philadelphia
Detroit

whitesox1991
10-21-2009, 03:50 AM
Top 3? The Bulls are better than the Celtics. Here's how it will go down.

Bulls and Celtics meet up in the playoffs. Last game of the series. Celtics up 100-99, 2 seconds left. Derrick Rose will have the ball with Rondo guarding him. Rose will drive in and go up for the dunk, and Rondo will maliciously close line Rose with intent to end his career. Rose will overpower him, dunk the ball, and shatter the backboard. Game over. Bulls win.

mjt20mik
10-21-2009, 04:18 AM
Top 3? The Bulls are better than the Celtics. Here's how it will go down.

Bulls and Celtics meet up in the playoffs. Last game of the series. Celtics up 100-99, 2 seconds left. Derrick Rose will have the ball with Rondo guarding him. Rose will drive in and go up for the dunk, and Rondo will maliciously close line Rose with intent to end his career. Rose will overpower him, dunk the ball, and shatter the backboard. Game over. Bulls win.

Someone has a very vivid imagination. lol

todu82
10-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Miami
Atlanta
Toronto
Chicago
Washington
Philadelphia

odiz
10-21-2009, 06:00 AM

5th)Raptors or Wizards
6th)Raptors or Wizards
7th)Heat
8th)Bulls or 76ers
9th)Bulls or 76ers

That's the worst formula i've ever seen. To start, it doesn't even take into account benches which will probably be the key factor in distinguishing 4-8 in the East.

jwn0303
10-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Just replying to the guy that said Crawford could be a cancer. Not flaming you or anything, I know it was in a hypothetical sense. I think he'll be the complete opposite of a cancer for this team. He finally gets to play for a winner in Atlanta. He'll play the majority of his minutes at the point presumably. Which could lead to more shots, sure, or it could lead to what his first preseason game showed. Sure, it was the preseason. Sure, it was against the weakened Wizards. He did have more assists than shots taken in 29 minutes of action though. As a Hawks fan it was a pleasant sight. Yes, I'm a homer, and I have to say this.. blah, blah, blah. I am cautiously optimistic however.

As for my list.

4. Hawks
5. Bulls
6. Wizards
7. Pistons
8. Raptors

HiphopRelated
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Teams that stand still tend to get left in the dust IMO, and you did lose Moon, I dont know what Jamario did wrong to you guys but at the end of the season he got zero time and come playoff time he got zilch. Getting a handle on where the Heat are as a team is tricky because they were basically 2 different squads last year, and with Jermaine not rebounding like he used to, the lack of depth, and the glaring weakness at the 3, its going to take the Wade of the 2nd half of the season for them to make the playoffs if they dont shore up some of these shortcomings. I really doubt Wade (anyone really) could continue such a torrid pace. Granted some of your guys should improve and make it somewhat easier, but I really think Jermaine is key for you guys, without him you have nothing to compensate for what Marion provided. Beasley will also play a factor but its still going to take an awful lot of Wade to win consistently.

It has an eerily similar feel to when Tmac had to carry scrubs on his back till it got to ridiculous levels that no one ever reached and consequently crashed back down to earth the following year and proceeded to get injured, that year to get the Magic into the playoffs the 2nd half of 02-03, (34.5, 6.5, 6.3 ,40.3PT%). Wade wont suffer as much as Mac did (I hope) but if he doesnt get help they wont win next year.

And of course the East improved, the teams that missed the playoffs added players and the teams that made them last year dropped a few. So its not unreasonable to suspect they wont make it.
QRich being in shape is better than Moon and James Jones is healthy this year

Heat now has 4 rotation guys that can hit near 40% or above from downtown, that's a huge weapon next to Wade when only Cook was available last year and Chalmers was hit or miss.

Chalmers
QRich
Jones
Cook

Gators123
10-21-2009, 09:25 AM
bwhahahahaha:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh 2:
wow seriously?
charlie can score but lacks defense and has reached his ceiling -tyrus plays defense and scores and havent reached his ceiling yet

wilcox a beast? underrated? if you max out his stats in 2k10. wilcox is a role player-miller is a solid player who could score, comes off the bench and plays suspect defense.

maxiel is like brandon bass, he's good, but not starter caliber-noah is young, defensive minded long center, like a young marcus camby minus the jumper.

kwame :speechless: I'd take Aaron Gray over him

prince=deng(but prince shoots a wicked 3)
rose>stucky
hinrich=gordon(what one lacks the other is good at ex. gordon instant offense, hinrich not so much. Hinrich is a helluva defensive player, gordon NOT)
hamilton MAYBE AND I REPEAT MAYBE>salmons.

not to mention our rookies are looking great(james johnson, taj gibson and maybe byers) will help our bench a great deal, with pargo

I'd easily pick the bulls over the pistons

Charlie V. has hit his ceiling? Not a chance, Hes 25 hes 6'11 and a good 3 point shooter, and last year he was a 16 and 7 guy. He hast even hit his prime yet

Wilcox is underrated.

Kwame>>>>>arron gray. When kwame gets starter minutes hes a 9 and 9 guy. Whats wrong with that? Pistons don't need him to score. They only need him to play defense and Kwame is one of the best post defenders in the league.

Salmons and Deng do not even deserve to be in the same sentence as Hamilton and prince .

Our rookies are looking GREAT also.

Pistons bench>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bulls bench

Bulls don't have the depth that Detroit does

Detroit is a better team, Get over it

CQSox305
10-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Miami
Chicago
Atlanta
Washington
Toronto

hovyboo
10-21-2009, 10:02 AM
1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Atlanta
5. Washington (a lot of points)
6. Miami
7. Toronto
8. Bobcats (nitty- gritty team with good veteran presence)

Mikeleafs
10-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Miami wont make the playoffs, I just don't see Wade doing it all on his own again.... He has no help, J.O. is injury prone, and Beasley is a pothead... If Wade misses any games with an injury this team will sink very fast....

As for Chicago, they are 8th seed at best... I cant believe all the delusional Chicago fans who believe they're better than Boston!! HAHAHA

Ace33Bone
10-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Washington
Atlanta
Toronto
Miami
Chicago
Detroit
Philadelphia ( i am not that impressed what I have seen out of them and having Lou at the point is going to hurt them because I still think that his decision making with the ball is not what you would be looking for out of you PG)

MiamiHeat
10-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Atlanta
Washington
Toronto
Detroit
Chicago

because you live in Florida doesn't mean you have to be a Heat fan...

Yeah I should clarify my reasoning. Well first and foremost, of the teams that I mentioned have made significant changes to their roster and got people back from injuries (i.e Washington getting Haywood and Arenas back, Toronto making some pretty big moves, Atlanta getting Crawford, Phili getting Brand, Chicago getting back a healthy Deng).

I guess you can make a point with those teams (specifically Chicago and Toronto) as they haven't really proved themselves this year with the upgrades and loss of key players (Ben Gordon).

But I just think, speaking specifically about the Miami Heat, that Dwade can not do it all this year. Chalmers is getting better and so is Beasley, but they are severely going to be under matched against bigger front courts in the NBA.
that didn't stop them last year from making the playoffs...

Miami wont make the playoffs, I just don't see Wade doing it all on his own again.... He has no help, J.O. is injury prone, and Beasley is a pothead... If Wade misses any games with an injury this team will sink very fast....

As for Chicago, they are 8th seed at best... I cant believe all the delusional Chicago fans who believe they're better than Boston!! HAHAHA
well that's nice
enjoy Bosh since is his last year in Toronto
:p

Eagles4Lyfe
10-21-2009, 01:09 PM
because you live in Florida doesn't mean you have to be a Heat fan...

well that's nice
enjoy Bosh since is his last year in Toronto
:p

Ya and you enjoy wades last year in miami:p

MiamiHeat
10-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Ya and you enjoy wades last year in miami:p

whatever makes you feel better
:cool:

op12
10-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Charlie V. has hit his ceiling? Not a chance, Hes 25 hes 6'11 and a good 3 point shooter, and last year he was a 16 and 7 guy. He hast even hit his prime yet

Wilcox is underrated.

Kwame>>>>>arron gray. When kwame gets starter minutes hes a 9 and 9 guy. Whats wrong with that? Pistons don't need him to score. They only need him to play defense and Kwame is one of the best post defenders in the league.

Salmons and Deng do not even deserve to be in the same sentence as Hamilton and prince .

Our rookies are looking GREAT also.

Pistons bench>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bulls bench

Bulls don't have the depth that Detroit does

Detroit is a better team, Get over it

exactly what i was saying. obviously the bulls fans will disagree. i think the pistons might suprise some people this year flying under the radar.

j-mart
10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Orlando (overrated moves - Lewis out for first 10 games)
4. Atlanta
5. Toronto
6. Washington (if Arenas stays healthy)
7. Miami
8. Chicago

mrblisterdundee
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
1. Orlando
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta
5. Washington
6. Toronto
7. Philadelphia
8. Chicago

mjt20mik
10-21-2009, 02:17 PM

Did you even read what I wrote? Or did you just bold the section that was most appealing to you?

I said that this year, the East got better. Most of the teams that were at the top added pieces, and the teams that didn't make it last year, also did some revamping. The Heat might have been able to make it last year, because for the most part, the East wasn't that great last year after the first 3 / 4 teams.

John Hollinger
Wade is a monster, but an already awful supporting cast arguably got worse this offseason as the Heat save up for next summer. Beasley could break out if his head's on straight, but otherwise it's the same one-man show.

Chad Ford
Wade alone can get the Heat into the playoffs when he's healthy. With Beasley developing and O'Neal claiming he's finally healthy they have the juice to be a tough team. But they're weak at virtually every other position -- one big injury and they slide out of the playoffs.

Just so you don't think I'm just pulling stuff out of my rear. ESPN analysts have the same perspective as me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2009/news/story?page=Predictions0910-Heat

MiamiHeat
10-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Did you even read what I wrote? Or did you just bold the section that was most appealing to you?

I said that this year, the East got better. Most of the teams that were at the top added pieces, and the teams that didn't make it last year, also did some revamping. The Heat might have been able to make it last year, because for the most part, the East wasn't that great last year after the first 3 / 4 teams.

Just so you don't think I'm just pulling stuff out of my rear. ESPN analysts have the same perspective as me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2009/news/story?page=Predictions0910-Heat

ohhhhh I'm sorry since you got it from ESPN analysts
it must be true since they never get stuff wrong

:rolleyes:

JordansBulls
10-21-2009, 02:33 PM
So are everybody else stronger. Chicago isn't ready for a home court. Atlanta on the other hand is the 'best of the rest' on paper and in actuality.

Bulls have many more guys improving than Atlanta, not to mention we have a healthy team this year.

mjt20mik
10-21-2009, 02:37 PM

Again not reading what I wrote. The same perspective as me doesn't mean I got it from them. It means that we share the same opinion on the same topic.

:facepalm:

VCaintdead17
10-21-2009, 02:38 PM
I think the Nets will sneak in there for the 8th seed

Chronz
10-21-2009, 03:34 PM

5th)Raptors or Wizards
6th)Raptors or Wizards
7th)Heat
8th)Bulls or 76ers
9th)Bulls or 76ers

How are you estimating the positional rankings? What gives the Bulls the best PG slot?

Chronz
10-21-2009, 03:39 PM

I think your missing the point, you probably get more of your predictions wrong than they do, that is if youve got the fortitude to put your stuff out there in the first place. It adds credence to his statements, and unless you can counter with some facts, simply sidestepping the situation isnt going to convince anyone, your obviously hiding.

MiamiHeat
10-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I think your missing the point, you probably get more of your predictions wrong than they do, that is if youve got the fortitude to put your stuff out there in the first place. It adds credence to his statements, and unless you can counter with some facts, simply sidestepping the situation isnt going to convince anyone, your obviously hiding.
lol
I'm not trying to convince anybody
everybody has their own opinion, I'm not going to cry because some poster in a forum said the Heat aren't going to make the playoffs

Chronz
10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
QRich being in shape is better than Moon and James Jones is healthy this year
Thats a bold statement, I havent seen QRich healthy in quite some time, meanwhile Moon has displayed a knack for finishing whenever created for him on the inside, an underrated shooter from all the trash Ive seen said of him, and a very capable defender when surrounded by better defenders.

QRich at his best provides spacing, and tough aggressive defense (Atleast on certain star scorers) but hes usually too slow or to short to defend the position off the ball.

James Jones was disappointing last year, but if hes ready to go he could be a very usefull addition. I think he should be starting actually so Ill give you that one, even then though, you gotta figure your defense is going to suffer without him. I know you got Wright but any minutes you give him will be a dropoff offensively compared to Moon, in the net battle at the end of the year, Im willing to bet your defense at the 3 suffers this year, though mostly due to Marions departure.

Heat now has 4 rotation guys that can hit near 40% or above from downtown, that's a huge weapon next to Wade when only Cook was available last year and Chalmers was hit or miss.
Chalmers
QRich
Jones
Cook

From a spacing standpoint it should benefit Wades game, but last year he had decent support, when you factor in the minutes Beasley got at the 4. I see what your saying though, we'll find out soon enough.

Chronz
10-21-2009, 03:58 PM
lol
I'm not trying to convince anybody
everybody has their own opinion, I'm not going to cry because some poster in a forum said the Heat aren't going to make the playoffs

Dont worry that was apparent from the beginning, I know what your not trying to do, Im just representing on my behalf, because believe it or not, when you opine your stuff freely, people will bounce back ideas to you. What you take from it is up to you, but nobody is telling you what do to, just what we think about what your saying.

And what I think is that you have no idea how to defend your stance, so you just laugh at his attempt. Even though it was well represented.

bbcmillionaire
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
man the psd forum should smoke what these piston fans are smoking, lol derrick rose>whole pistons roster

Gators123
10-21-2009, 06:39 PM
derrick rose>whole pistons roster

That made me laugh

sofargone
10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
That made me laugh
i know, cause its true

Stunner
10-21-2009, 06:53 PM
That made me laugh

i told u it was true.

JWO35
10-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Are we going to take this thread over too :rolleyes:

Stunner
10-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Are we going to take this thread over too :rolleyes:

lol

mjt20mik
10-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Dont worry that was apparent from the beginning, I know what your not trying to do, Im just representing on my behalf, because believe it or not, when you opine your stuff freely, people will bounce back ideas to you. What you take from it is up to you, but nobody is telling you what do to, just what we think about what your saying.

And what I think is that you have no idea how to defend your stance, so you just laugh at his attempt. Even though it was well represented.

Thank you. At least someone that realizes this place is just a a place to add your own opinion. I'm totally game for a good argument or two, but it's sad when people just talk stupidly, and don't understand the points you are trying to convey, when its so blatant.

It's frustrating really.

FlakeyFool
10-21-2009, 08:17 PM
If the raps learn what "defense" means, then they will be higher than 8th

J_M_B
10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
4. Atlanta - probably the only team in the east that can actually compete with the big three on a consistent basis.
5. Miami - Dwyane Wade...full season of Jermaine O'Neal as well as improvement in their young core(Beasley, Chalmers, Cook)
6. Washington - return of Gilbert...healthy squad...added a couple of more weapons in Miller and Foye
7. Toronto - signed Turk and some key role players to go along with Jose Calderon and Chris Bosh
8. Philadelphia - healthy Elton Brand....young guys should continue to develop. We should see another great season out Iggy
9. Chicago - Derrick Rose and their young core should continue to get better...added a couple of forwards in the draft...lost Ben Gordon... a lot of potential, but fall short

Toenail Clipper
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM

No, compare and contrast their players. Even though the Bulls made it to the playoffs last year doesn't mean the Pistons are not better than them. I don't know what the hell happened to the Pistons. Besides, Pistons GAINED Ben Gordon while you guys LOST him. I'm a fan of Chicago, but they need to sign a bigger player than Derrick Rose.

Toenail Clipper
10-21-2009, 09:08 PM
4. Hawks
5. Raptors
6. Wizards
7. Chicago/Pistons/Heat
8. Chicago/Pistons/Heat

Pauleboman
10-21-2009, 11:41 PM

Who`s a pothead???I cant see your philosophy at all..The Bulls took Boston to the brink or were you the only one to miss it??If you ask me the Bulls improved because they got double JJ,in the draft and big Brad &John Salmons will kick *** at sg his defense smokes BG..Dont forget Deng who is going to break out along with TT..Dont say I am Bias I almost won the lotto I see these things!!
4-Chicago Bulls-Obama will back them too!
5-Atlanta Hawks
6-Miami Heat
7-Washington(if healthy)
8-Toronto

effen5
10-22-2009, 02:48 AM
It blows my mind how much people overrated Ben Gordon....People watch him during the Boston series and think hes hot **** when in fact....when he became selfish like in Game 2, Game 3, and Game 5, WE LOST.

Also, people have to realize that Luol Deng was gone half the season, Hinrich was gone for 35 games, Salmons and Miller didn't join the team until the all star break and those two were the main reasons why we made the playoffs along with Rose....Not Gordon.

If I am Detroit fan, I am really hoping BG doesnt get in the mind to where hes thinking to himself "I finally got paid" and starts to shoot poorly...As for me, I am extremely excited for this upcoming season. I feel that we have a more complete roster and definetly an upgrade compared to last year.

Rose
Tyrus
Noah
Gordon
Thomas
Sefelosha
Nocioni
Hinrich
Hughes
Gooden
Simmons
Ruffin

Rose
Salmons
Deng
Noah
Deng
Hinrich
Miller
Pargo
Taj Gibson
JJ
Hunter
Gray

I feel Miller, Hinrich, JJ, Gibson, and Pargo will be HUGE for this team. Now if theres a way we can trade Tyrus to the Pistons for Prince....

abe_froman
10-22-2009, 03:07 AM
No, compare and contrast their players. Even though the Bulls made it to the playoffs last year doesn't mean the Pistons are not better than them. I don't know what the hell happened to the Pistons. Besides, Pistons GAINED Ben Gordon while you guys LOST him. I'm a fan of Chicago, but they need to sign a bigger player than Derrick Rose.

no.he's saying you gave the reason for bulls missing the playoffs as having no inside game but said det will.det who similarly has no inside game

whitesox1991
10-22-2009, 04:00 AM
Detroit? Are we even talking about them in the same sentence as the Bulls? The Detroit players should be carrying Derrick Rose onto the court with a throne. He is going single handedly sweep the series against the Detroit Pistons, averaging 90 points per game.

We should be talking about the Celtics. They are a worthy opponent for the Bulls. It will be a close series, but it will be won by the bulls. The many technical that Rondo maliciously commit due to rage and malice will help the Bulls win. The big reason they will win is because of Rose. He will average about 40 points per game next year. Because he is so clutch, he will average about 50 points per game against the Celtics. He will end the series against them by jamming it over Rondo and breaking the backboard.

HiphopRelated
10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
man that was the Celtics without KG, c'mon now. It was a nice series but they still lost to a team without it's centerpiece.

HiphopRelated
10-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Thats a bold statement, I havent seen QRich healthy in quite some time, meanwhile Moon has displayed a knack for finishing whenever created for him on the inside, an underrated shooter from all the trash Ive seen said of him, and a very capable defender when surrounded by better defenders.

QRich at his best provides spacing, and tough aggressive defense (Atleast on certain star scorers) but hes usually too slow or to short to defend the position off the ball.

James Jones was disappointing last year, but if hes ready to go he could be a very usefull addition. I think he should be starting actually so Ill give you that one, even then though, you gotta figure your defense is going to suffer without him. I know you got Wright but any minutes you give him will be a dropoff offensively compared to Moon, in the net battle at the end of the year, Im willing to bet your defense at the 3 suffers this year, though mostly due to Marions departure.

From a spacing standpoint it should benefit Wades game, but last year he had decent support, when you factor in the minutes Beasley got at the 4. I see what your saying though, we'll find out soon enough.
oh and Arroyo instead of Chris Quinn @ backup pg

that's a couple wins on it's own....and I brought it up 'cause some Bulls fans tout Pargo as a great addition.

Miami's a wild card, but missing the playoffs isn't in the cards(general coment)

Mikeleafs
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Who`s a pothead???I cant see your philosophy at all..The Bulls took Boston to the brink or were you the only one to miss it??If you ask me the Bulls improved because they got double JJ,in the draft and big Brad &John Salmons will kick *** at sg his defense smokes BG..Dont forget Deng who is going to break out along with TT..Dont say I am Bias I almost won the lotto I see these things!!
5-Atlanta Hawks
6-Miami Heat
7-Washington(if healthy)
8-Toronto

Who's a pothead? Read this article... http://www.nba.com/2009/news/08/24/heat.beasley.ap/index.html

And as for the Bulls, the only reason they took the Celtics to Game 7 was because KG was injured... It wont happen a second time because they now got Rasheed to back KG... Chicago is a good team with an amazing PG but they will NEVER repeat what they did last year...

HiphopRelated
10-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Who's a pothead? Read this article... http://www.nba.com/2009/news/08/24/heat.beasley.ap/index.html

And as for the Bulls, the only reason they took the Celtics to Game 7 was because KG was injured... It wont happen a second time because they now got Rasheed to back KG... Chicago is a good team with an amazing PG but they will NEVER repeat what they did last year...
he went to rehab for a year old violation of being in a room where weed was being smoked. If that's a "pothead", that's up to you

effen5
10-22-2009, 05:37 PM

Again this is a ****in ******** statement...How do you know Chi couldn't repeat it...If I remember correctly EVERYONE WAS CALLING SWEEP WITHOUT KG....****in hilarious once it went to 7 games with like 15 overtimes people bring up KG....HILARIOUS. Everyone ****in forgets Luol Deng was out in the playoffs too but we dont bring that up.

HiphopRelated
10-23-2009, 12:56 PM
KG is the center of Boston's defense and a facilitator on offense.

Luol Deng may or may not show up from day to day.

Hardly comparable players

Chronz
10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
5-Atlanta Hawks
6-Miami Heat
7-Washington(if healthy)
8-Toronto
What does taking them to the brink have anything to do with how well they will play next season? Why would you focus on a 7 game sample, over what history has told us about these players throughout the marathon of a regular season?

I suggest expanding your mind beyond simple homerish responses, in fact Id recommend you take up marijuana, Im sure your right about your team, but not for the initial reason you gave. That will have very little with how much their team improves. Plenty of teams have taken elite teams to the brink, and go on to miss the playoffs entirely the following year. And what the other guy said about Wade is true, if the Heat lose him for extended stretches it could get ugly. They were barely an average offensive team with him dominating.

VCaintdead17
10-23-2009, 08:59 PM
netsnetsnetsnetsnetssssssssssssss

goose15
10-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Atlanta
Toronto
Miami
Wizards
Pistions
Knicks

bbcmillionaire
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
the nets are gonna be power houses in like 2-3 years if everyone develop like they are supposed too

effen5
10-24-2009, 12:24 PM
KG is the center of Boston's defense and a facilitator on offense.

Luol Deng may or may not show up from day to day.

Hardly comparable players

Again, its a dumb excuse imo.

Yes KG is one of their main guys but so is Deng for the Bulls, he could have been a big offensive threat in which we could have definetly used.

You play the players you have Bulls made no excuses in the playoffs. Boston fans called sweep before the series even started WITHOUT KG.

MrFastBreak
10-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Chicago
Washington
Miami
Toronto

Super.
10-25-2009, 01:26 PM

How did you get better from last year? Gordon >>>>>> Deng

and after that you did NOTHING.

the Bulls definitely did not improve this offseason

swagga81
10-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I believe Chicago can beat out Atlanta for the 4th seed. We won 49 games in 2007 with a weaker cast and our team now is stronger. In fact Atlanta last year won 47 games to get the 4th seed.:facepalm:

swagga81
10-25-2009, 01:39 PM
my updated list
1. boston
2. cleveland
3. orlando
4. Hawks
5. wizards
6. heat
7. raptors
8. Pistons

thats my top

oops sorry bulls fans!

Super.
10-25-2009, 01:40 PM

im completely agree. Bulls fans think that Rose is the second coming of Jesus.

Chicago did not improve at all during the off-season. Gordon is better than Deng by FAR

swagga81
10-25-2009, 01:47 PM
im completely agree. Bulls fans think that Rose is the second coming of Jesus.

Chicago did not improve at all during the off-season. Gordon is better than Deng by FAR

i agree with you to man! im a celtics and wizards fan and guys like jordansbulls are so hommers it not funny! news flash the bulls are not better! 7 teams made better moves then the bulls! and they lost gordon which makes detroit better than chicago!

swagga81
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Again, its a dumb excuse imo.

Yes KG is one of their main guys but so is Deng for the Bulls, he could have been a big offensive threat in which we could have definetly used.

You play the players you have Bulls made no excuses in the playoffs. Boston fans called sweep before the series even started WITHOUT KG.
:facepalm: my wizards could beat you guys

Gators123
10-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Detroit>>>>bulls
Rondo>>>rose
Wizards>>>>bulls
Raptors>>>>bulls
D wade>>>>bulls
Hawks>>>bulls

swagga81
10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Detroit>>>>bulls
Rondo>>>rose
Wizards>>>>bulls
Raptors>>>>bulls
D wade>>>>bulls
Hawks>>>bulls

heat>>>>>>>>bulls
bobcats>>>>>bulls
76ers>>>>>>>buls
knicks>>>>>>>bulls

Gators123
10-25-2009, 01:58 PM
heat>>>>>>>>bulls
bobcats>>>>>bulls
76ers>>>>>>>buls
knicks>>>>>>>bulls

I forgot them :speechless: Thanks!

swagga81
10-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I forgot them :speechless: Thanks!

no prob

Cubs Win
10-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Detroit>>>>bulls
Rondo>>>rose
Wizards>>>>bulls
Raptors>>>>bulls
D wade>>>>bulls
Hawks>>>bulls

Dude we get it. You're a hater. All you do is troll and bait in the Bulls forum. The fact is, your delusional because your Pistons squad is on the way down. Get over it.

Gators123
10-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Dude we get it. You're a hater. All you do is troll and bait in the Bulls forum. The fact is, your delusional because your Pistons squad is on the way down. Get over it.

Mad? lol on the way down? we are rebuilding so it only goes up from here. :facepalm: And BTW what is Chicago doing? Waiting for wade to leave miami? not gonna happen, Sorry!

Cubs Win
10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Mad? lol on the way down? we are rebuilding so it only goes up from here. :facepalm: And BTW what is Chicago doing? Waiting for wade to leave miami? not gonna happen, Sorry!

Signing Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva is rebuilding? Haha you guys are going for it, but your half-assing it.

Cash
10-25-2009, 03:05 PM
From a Boston Celtics fan

4. ATL-Clear lock here

5. Chicago- Have looked great in the pre-season. Rookies are looking really solid, One of the better defensive teams so far. Team with the best chance toimprove dramatically via trade.

6.Toronto- Could easily change, but they should be a lock for the playoffs. A million times better than last years team.

7. Washington- Could be a top 5 team, but also could be out of the top 8. Hard to see this team stay healthy, just depends on how many and for how long.

8. Philadelphia- Heat,Philly,and maybe Detroit will be battling for this last spot, but i love the signing of Eddie Jordon, which will allow Philly to play freely on offense. This of course depends on the health of Elton Brand

gee1
10-25-2009, 03:18 PM
4 Atlanta- Clearly the best team in this bunch. I think they should be unanimous here

5 Philly- Good team as long as Brand stays healthy. They got AI too

6 Toronto- Some new faces, but they have some talent with Bosh and Hedo

7 Miami- Dwade. Period.

8 Washington- On paper this team looks great, but they need time to develop chemistry so they lose some games early

Sorry Bulls fans/Rose worshipers, you lose

The bulls can beat philly , toronto, miami and washinton any day. They beat washington 93 to 70 the otha day. The bulls are goin to be in the playoffs next year. Mark my words

eugene
10-25-2009, 03:36 PM
1. Boston
2. Orland
3. Cleveland
4. Chicago
5. Atlanta
6. Toronto
7. Detroit
8. Miami/Washington
- Philly
- Indiana
- Charlotte
- New Jersey
- Milwaukee

Super.
10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Signing Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva is rebuilding? Haha you guys are going for it, but your half-assing it.

They did more than Chicago did in the off-season.

and its not like they signed your best player last season or anything.

VCaintdead17
10-25-2009, 06:17 PM
I've been convinced...

1.Chicago Bulls
2.Chicago Bulls
3.Chicago Bulls
4.Chicago Bulls
5.Luol Deng+Tyrus Thomas=Lebron James
6.Chicago Bulls
7.Chicago Bulls
8.Chicago Bulls

j-mart
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
The bulls can beat philly , toronto, miami and washinton any day. They beat washington 93 to 70 the otha day. The bulls are goin to be in the playoffs next year. Mark my words

You're talking like pre-season games mean something.

swagga81
10-25-2009, 09:31 PM

You're talking like pre-season games mean something.

Powned!

abe_froman
10-26-2009, 01:03 AM
They did more than Chicago did in the off-season.

and its not like they signed your best player last season or anything.
yes they did something doesnt automatically make them better(as they lost people to,and havent really upgraded critical areas enough for the money they spent)

best offensive player? yes,best overall player? no

they will be in the hunt,but i dont think you can say they are really better than chicago at this point

charlsdq7
10-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Miami
Philly
Wahington
Atl
Chicago
Detroit

koreancabbage
10-26-2009, 01:26 AM
the only way Chicago makes the playoffs is...

1) Tyrus Thomas can actually play up to his potential- hasn't happened yet. he's good one night, horrible the next.
2) Deng friggin get his act together
3) Rose has an all-star year

they need scoring to replace Gordon- which they didn't solve in the off-season. Rose has no jumpshot deadly enough to make him a serious threat on the perimeter yet.

anyways back to the standings:

4) ATL
5) PHI
6) TOR
7) WSH
8+9) CHI/ IND/ DET

TheKing23
10-26-2009, 01:52 AM
4th - Hawks
5th - Heat
6th - Wizards
7th - Raptors
8th - 76ers/Bulls

Not sure about 8th seed... Both lost key parts to their team (Sixers lost Miller, Bulls lost Gordon). If Elton Brand steps up and actually plays well in Philly (which I hope he does) and Lou Williams can develop as a starter, 76ers will get it. If Rose picks up some of the scoring slack left by Gordon, Deng plays well after injury and their frontcourt (Tyrus and Joakim) develop their games more, Bulls will get it.

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 02:21 AM

1) Tyrus Thomas can actually play up to his potential- hasn't happened yet. he's good one night, horrible the next.

they need scoring to replace Gordon- which they didn't solve in the off-season. Rose has no jumpshot deadly enough to make him a serious threat on the perimeter yet.

4) ATL
5) PHI
6) TOR
7) WSH
8+9) CHI/ IND/ DET

Toronto will never make the playoff...sad to say Mr. Stern should move the franchise somewhere in US teritory. Seatle deserves it badly, not toronto. No star players want to stay there, that's how they suck every year. It makes me surprise, people put the raptors as a playoff team.

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 02:22 AM
And Miami Heat is the clear cut #5 seed in the east. You guys need to figure out 6-8.

rsweene
10-26-2009, 11:07 AM

Rank these teams:

Atlanta
Chicago
Toronto
Washington
Miami
Philadelphia

1 Orlando
2 Celtics
3 Cavs
4 Chicago
5 Philly
6 Atlanta
7 Toronto
8 Washington
9 Miami
10 Charlotte (homer)
11 Detroit

Gators123
10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
1 Orlando
2 Celtics
3 Cavs
4 Chicago
5 Philly
6 Atlanta
7 Toronto
8 Washington
9 Miami
10 Charlotte (homer)
11 Detroit

This is officially the worst one I have seen.

Chicagofaithful
10-26-2009, 11:31 AM
1. Atlanta (come on they are stacked, they just need to put it together)
2. Toronto (they had a terrible year but they are way better than their record last year)
3. Chicago (an improved Derrick Rose, with John salmons and brad miller for a full year, add that to their bigs supposedly gaining weight and skill over the summer)
4. Philadelphia all around good players just watch out for their inability to play together
5. Miami d wade
6. Wizards im not sold on them at all, they need to actually play well for a full season

alexanderkeiths
10-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Toronto will never make the playoff...sad to say Mr. Stern should move the franchise somewhere in US teritory. Seatle deserves it badly, not toronto. No star players want to stay there, that's how they suck every year. It makes me surprise, people put the raptors as a playoff team.

tell us oh wise one what makes Toronto not deserve a team... if Seattle wants ateam that sucks why not move the Knicks there??(sorry Knicks fans...just making a point).

it just annoys me so much that people look at toronto as a dead end place to play...its likely in the top 5 in market size...its no colder than most northern cities in the US....marketing?? well every now and then we do take off our snow shoes and wear Nikes....

no star players want to stay??? who Vince??? was he ever the star he was here after he left....?? other than that you are assuming Bosh is leaving and he just might yet...but he hasnt
oh and Tmac...who left because he didnt want to play behind his cousin vince and be second fiddle...Tmac would have been amazing but injuries are taking their toll...

j-mart
10-26-2009, 12:04 PM

Pretty ignorant comments. I will bet you that Toronto makes the playoffs before Seattle...oh wait, that's right Seattle doesn't have a team because their arena is a dump, they won 20 games their last season there and their attendance was brutal (#28 in the league).

Cool007
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Detroit>>>>bulls
Rondo>>>rose
Wizards>>>>bulls
Raptors>>>>bulls
D wade>>>>bulls
Hawks>>>bulls

heat>>>>>>>>bulls
bobcats>>>>>bulls
76ers>>>>>>>buls
knicks>>>>>>>bulls

Definitely sig worthy but I won't waste my time.

Now, let me tell you guys this, it's not always when some team loses their 1 importatnt peice, donesn't mean that team will regress (See Hawks last year after losing Childress, they still were the 4th best team in the East).

Yes, Bulls lost Gordon but here is what they gained:

1 - They have a much better - balanced lineup now.
2 - They won't have Hughes and Gooden and Gray playing big minutes for atleast half a year.
3 - Rose has 1 year under his belt and like Most star-in-the-making players do, he will also make a big leap in his 2nd year.
4 - Noah and Tyrus are Improved and has added Bulk and look much better.
5 - Salmons and Miller for the entire year
6 - Vinny is not a Rookie coach anymore and he has improved night and day from a year ago this time.
7 - Bulls are a MUCH BETTER defensive team this year (see the new Power rankings by NBA.com and see the Bulls defensive ratings)
8 - Hinrich and Deng are healthy (they both missed close to half the season last year).
9 - Bulls have Taj Gibson and James Johnson this year - very good rooks (surprisingly).

I know preseason games don't mean much as far as wins/losses go but you can definitely tell how team's defense is, who looks good and who looks bad. We had enough sample size to know that both Tyrus and Noah are ready to bust out and Bulls defense is so much improved compared to last year.

VCaintdead17
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Nets>Bulls

bbcmillionaire
10-26-2009, 04:06 PM
what happens if the bulls go 6-0?(look at our schedule)

IRUAM #21
10-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Bulls > Bulls

swagga81
10-26-2009, 04:37 PM

Now, let me tell you guys this, it's not always when some team loses their 1 importatnt peice, donesn't mean that team will regress (See Hawks last year after losing Childress, they still were the 4th best team in the East).

2 - They won't have Hughes and Gooden and Gray playing big minutes for atleast half a year.
3 - Rose has 1 year under his belt and like Most star-in-the-making players do, he will also make a big leap in his 2nd year.
5 - Salmons and Miller for the entire year:facepalm:

6 - Vinny is not a Rookie coach anymore and he has improved night and day from a year ago this time.
7 - Bulls are a MUCH BETTER defensive team this year (see the new Power rankings by NBA.com and see the Bulls defensive ratings)
8 - Hinrich and Deng are healthy (they both missed close to half the season last year).
9 - Bulls have Taj Gibson and James Johnson this year - very good rooks (surprisingly).

I know preseason games don't mean much as far as wins/losses go but you can definitely tell how team's defense is, who looks good and who looks bad. We had enough sample size to know that both Tyrus and Noah are ready to bust out and Bulls defense is so much improved compared to last year.

Super.
10-26-2009, 08:13 PM

5 - Salmons and Miller for the entire year

This year's Bulls team is virtually the same team that ended the season, Save that Deng now replaces Gordon who, was your best player in the playoffs. Deng has been very inconsistent.

We all know Rose will get better, without Gordon, i just cant see you guys above the 5 seed. Hawks pretty much have a wrap on the same spot they had last year, and now they have Jamaal Crawford

VCaintdead17
10-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Bulls > Bulls

You better watch out man, those bulls fans will get pissed if they see you making predictions like that

effen5
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM

effen5
10-26-2009, 08:22 PM

4) ATL
5) PHI
6) TOR
7) WSH
8+9) CHI/ IND/ DET

You're right Rose couldnt knock down jumpshots in the playoffs consistently...:facepalm:

effen5
10-26-2009, 08:24 PM
And Miami Heat is the clear cut #5 seed in the east. You guys need to figure out 6-8.

Only way the Heat is going to be #5 is if Dwade has to have a better season then last year which is going to be hard as ****....

I see the heat as what the Lakers was a couple years back...Kobe with zero help....Dwade with zero help.

swagga81
10-26-2009, 08:30 PM

swagga81
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
You're right Rose couldnt knock down jumpshots in the playoffs consistently...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Only way the Heat is going to be #5 is if Dwade has to have a better season then last year which is going to be hard as ****....

I see the heat as what the Lakers was a couple years back...Kobe with zero help....Dwade with zero help.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mavwar53
10-26-2009, 08:33 PM
ATl

Washington

Raptors

Miami

Chicago

Philly

Charlotte

Detroit

thats how I have it

BoratSagdiyev
12-04-2009, 05:02 PM

4) ATL
5) PHI
6) TOR
7) WSH
8+9) CHI/ IND/ DET

He was good one night?!?!?!?!?! WHEN?? WHERE???