PDA

View Full Version : Who will have a better 09-10 season? Boston or Orlando

sofargone
10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
ok yeah i saw the other thread and most people chose boston. Ive noticed on PSD though that most people have the Cavs third anyways and have either Orlando or Boston in the top two spots. I was just curious as to who you think will have a better season (including playoffs) out of these two teams?

personally i feel that orlando will have a better regular season but come playoff time, all the experience on boston can get them past the magic.

THOUGHTS?

TannerOwnsDevin
10-19-2009, 05:21 PM
boston bro.

Cool007
10-19-2009, 05:23 PM
If Healthy, Boston all the way.

Boston bringing in Sheed will help them defend Dwight. Sheed does play very good defense on Dwight.

If KG was healthy last year, and if Boston didn't get too tired with ton of OT games against Bulls last year, that series last year would have been over in 6 (against Orlando).

TannerOwnsDevin
10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
i think sheed's impact is overrated. he'll be a good 10-15 minute player for them that can hit some big shots (ala robert horry) but defensively sheeds legs are done and gone.

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
boston 100%

sofargone
10-19-2009, 05:26 PM
i think sheed's impact is overrated. he'll be a good 10-15 minute player for them that can hit some big shots (ala robert horry) but defensively sheeds legs are done and gone.

i think that they only brought sheed in to give garnett a rest so he doesnt break down come playoff time. having sheed and garnett healthy also helps them when they have to face either shaq or dwight in the playoffs

Wilson
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Boston. I think they're going to the Finals.

srfr4life
10-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Everyone underestimated Orlando last year. Looks like it's happening again. Might be good for Orlando.

tugboat424
10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Everyone underestimated Orlando last year. Looks like it's happening again. Might be good for Orlando.

Totally agree...hard to understand why with all of their acquisitions. I think last year was Boston's best year to win their last championship with the big 3. Now, if they can make it healthy, and rested to the playoffs, I guess they would be the team to beat.

However, I think that's too big an IF. I think Dwight Howard steps his game up (although they do have, arguably, the two best post defenders of Dwight in Perkins and Sheed). I also think that there are just too many pieces on Orlando, too much depth.

Plus, I'm gonna go out and say this, beyond Rasheed and at times Big Baby, Boston's bench is poop. :speechless:

SA5195
10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Whatever team that has the best record.

tugboat424
10-19-2009, 05:55 PM

Ohhhhh that's how it's done now? Thank God we won't have to watch Toronto in the finals then.

sofargone
10-19-2009, 05:55 PM

who will have a better season not who had a better season genius

sofargone
10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Ohhhhh that's how it's done now? Thank God we won't have to watch Toronto in the finals then.

lol and im a toronto fan

MackSnackWrap
10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
close call but Orlando

TannerOwnsDevin
10-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Plus, I'm gonna go out and say this, beyond Rasheed and at times Big Baby, Boston's bench is poop. :speechless:
i think marquis daniels is a good player though and eddie house as much i hate him is a good clutch shooter for them.

i think that they only brought sheed in to give garnett a rest so he doesnt break down come playoff time. having sheed and garnett healthy also helps them when they have to face either shaq or dwight in the playoffs

thats true too. we'd see how it all plays out.

bigsams50
10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
If Boston can stay healthy them

tugboat424
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=TannerOwnsDevin;11134355]i think marquis daniels is a good player though and eddie house as much i hate him is a good clutch shooter for them.

Eddie House reminds me of those short fat guys you see at open gym runs in basketball...(not syaing house is fat)...but those guys who just stand at the three point line and chuck. About once every 3 games, they'll be just unbelievable and not miss a shot. And it pisses you off because you know they're terrible and shouldn't be good....but they just can't miss.

Young and Stupid
10-19-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm a Nets fan so I hate the Celtics, but...do you watch basketball?

Marquis Daniels a legit starter that could avg 18ppg.
Sheed (who is overrated, but still provides a better 4 or 5 option than most teams have coming off the bench)
House is a clutch shooter who can take all types of hits from Alston
"The Blob" is developing and has the ability to push kids out of Boston's way
Brian Scalabrine...nuff said

Also, can you imagine what KG, Sheed and Perkins are gonna do to the replacement refs, I'm getting league pass this year just to watch KG **** up a ref while Perkins mean mugs the **** outta the others.

sofargone
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm a Nets fan so I hate the Celtics, but...do you watch basketball?

Marquis Daniels a legit starter that could avg 18ppg.
Sheed (who is overrated, but still provides a better 4 or 5 option than most teams have coming off the bench)
House is a clutch shooter who can take all types of hits from Alston
"The Blob" is developing and has the ability to push kids out of Boston's way
Brian Scalabrine...nuff said

Also, can you imagine what KG, Sheed and Perkins are gonna do to the replacement refs, I'm getting league pass this year just to watch KG **** up a ref while Perkins mean mugs the **** outta the others.

lol i forgot about the refs KGs gonna go off

Toxeryll
10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Boston is the team to beat in the East.

TheKing23
10-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Wow, I love how everyone is really underrating the Cavs...

They were a 66 win team last year and have only improved their roster and now "most people have them as third"... completely baffles me.

Shaquille O'Neal > Ben Wallace
Anthony Parker > Sasha Pavlovic
Jamario Moon > Wally Sczcerbiak
Leon Powe > Joe Smith (Joe Smith only played for a small amount of the reg. season last year anyway)
Danny Green > Tarence Kinsey

Now unless the Cavs implode or Boston or Orlando win 65+, I think the real question is who will come second in the East behind the Cavs?? I personally think it'll be Orlando... Boston's big three are all in the twilight of their careers and one injury to any of them will spell disaster.

Has KG fully recovered from his injury?? If he plays 75+ games the Celtics will finish above Orlando and it will be close between them and the Cavs for the top seed in the East. The injury prone big three will have to stay fully fit to have a chance of coming ahead of Orlando or Cavs in the East.

zo#33
10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
A healthy Boston team is better than the magic

SaimoNETS
10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
the Magic.
they have VC & DWIGHTTTTT!
nuff' said.

ThuglifeJ
10-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Dwight+Vince is really scary.+Shard n Jameer= too much. And Pietrus is an amazing bench player.

But I still think Boston will end up winning. Cleveland will have the best "season" but not overall success. THeyll get a better record, but I dont see them or want them to beat Boston or Orlando.

I really hope Orlando beats out Boston and Cleveland, thatd be one of the best moments in sports for me.

Toxeryll
10-19-2009, 06:58 PM

They were a 66 win team last year and have only improved their roster and now "most people have them as third"... completely baffles me.

Leon Powe > Joe Smith (Joe Smith only played for a small amount of the reg. season last year anyway)

Now unless the Cavs implode or Boston or Orlando win 65+, I think the real question is who will come second in the East behind the Cavs?? I personally think it'll be Orlando... Boston's big three are all in the twilight of their careers and one injury to any of them will spell disaster.

Has KG fully recovered from his injury?? If he plays 75+ games the Celtics will finish above Orlando and it will be close between them and the Cavs for the top seed in the East. The injury prone big three will have to stay fully fit to have a chance of coming ahead of Orlando or Cavs in the East.

ahaha, no one can deny cavaliers got better, but orlando and boston got better as well. last year, if garnett wasn't injured, they would have gotten the top seed in the east. shaq is in the twilight of his career also, in case u havent noticed, and an injury to shaq or lebron will give them no chance on the top seed. what i see is a cavaliers fan overrating his team.

TannerOwnsDevin
10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Eddie House reminds me of those short fat guys you see at open gym runs in basketball...(not syaing house is fat)...but those guys who just stand at the three point line and chuck. About once every 3 games, they'll be just unbelievable and not miss a shot. And it pisses you off because you know they're terrible and shouldn't be good....but they just can't miss.

eddie house has a fat ego thats for sure

BeantownBill
10-19-2009, 07:06 PM

Not trying to tear down your post, but I ask only because I haven't heard .. is Powe back from his injury? Last I'd heard that knee was going to keep him off the court for an extended period of time. I've seen KG running the court and looking pretty good in this preseason. Haven't heard about Powe at all. I just don't think the Cavs match up to either the Celts or Magic when those two teams are healthy.

TheKing23
10-19-2009, 07:14 PM
ahaha, no one can deny cavaliers got better, but orlando and boston got better as well. last year, if garnett wasn't injured, they would have gotten the top seed in the east. shaq is in the twilight of his career also, in case u havent noticed, and an injury to shaq or lebron will give them no chance on the top seed. what i see is a cavaliers fan overrating his team.

No man, i'm not overrating my team. You obviously didn't read my first post correctly... I know Shaq is in the twilight of his career but, as I previously said without Shaq the Cavs still won 66. If he went down with an injury we would have Big Z straight back in the starting line up and we wouldn't miss a beat. He improves the team greatly (especially against Orlando) but he isn't the key to our success.

If LeBron got injured and missed a substantial amount of games (god forbid) the Cavs wouldn't make the playoffs... He is the heart of the team, but he is nowhere near as injury prone as a 34 year old Kevin Garnett. He is the big question mark along with the fitness of their other ageing stars.

Yes, Orlando improved, but they lost an instrumental piece in Hedo. He helped create the mismatch problems that made them such a dangerous team... A 6'10 guy who can run the point and shot the three. They replaced him with a much more conventional wingman in Carter, who on paper is the better player but may not fit as well as Hedo did. They also lost Courtney Lee (a future star in the league) and Rafer Alston (a great backup PG).

As I said before there are many variables contributing to the success and failures of some of these teams and you can look at them in different ways. But as I see it, it comes down to KG's health. A fully fit and healthy KG can lead Boston to the top seed in the East... But if his tired legs pick up another injury they'll fall to third.

tonyd3b54
10-19-2009, 07:42 PM
No man, i'm not overrating my team. You obviously didn't read my first post correctly... I know Shaq is in the twilight of his career but, as I previously said without Shaq the Cavs still won 66. If he went down with an injury we would have Big Z straight back in the starting line up and we wouldn't miss a beat. He improves the team greatly (especially against Orlando) but he isn't the key to our success.

If LeBron got injured and missed a substantial amount of games (god forbid) the Cavs wouldn't make the playoffs... He is the heart of the team, but he is nowhere near as injury prone as a 34 year old Kevin Garnett. He is the big question mark along with the fitness of their other ageing stars.

Yes, Orlando improved, but they lost an instrumental piece in Hedo. He helped create the mismatch problems that made them such a dangerous team... A 6'10 guy who can run the point and shot the three. They replaced him with a much more conventional wingman in Carter, who on paper is the better player but may not fit as well as Hedo did. They also lost Courtney Lee (a future star in the league) and Rafer Alston (a great backup PG).

As I said before there are many variables contributing to the success and failures of some of these teams and you can look at them in different ways. But as I see it, it comes down to KG's health. A fully fit and healthy KG can lead Boston to the top seed in the East... But if his tired legs pick up another injury they'll fall to third.

why does everyone think the celtics are injury proned? pierce has only been injured once in his career, garnett only once last year, and i dont think ray has ever missed significant playing time...(not sure)

anyway boston has the best matchups with wen it comes to the 3 teams. they have perkins and sheed to cover shaq and dwight. garnett can gaurd lewis and the cavs dont really have a pf that needs to be covered and they dont have any1 who can stop lewis who killed them last year... pierce can slow down(not stop) lebron and vc and no1 in this league can stay infront of rondo plus rondos great defense will slow down jameer and mo...

TheKing23
10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
why does everyone think the celtics are injury proned? pierce has only been injured once in his career, garnett only once last year, and i dont think ray has ever missed significant playing time...(not sure)

anyway boston has the best matchups with wen it comes to the 3 teams. they have perkins and sheed to cover shaq and dwight. garnett can gaurd lewis and the cavs dont really have a pf that needs to be covered and they dont have any1 who can stop lewis who killed them last year... pierce can slow down(not stop) lebron and vc and no1 in this league can stay infront of rondo plus rondos great defense will slow down jameer and mo...

Because Garnett is coming off a serious knee injury... This will be his 15th season in the NBA. All the wear and tear of those long seasons are now taking there toll on him. Yes it may only be once, but it has come at the worst time in his career. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are going into their 12th and 14th years respectively, and they are two players who have played with a tremendous amount of energy throughout their career's. It is all taking it's toll on their bodies now, and although those two may not be coming off injuries recently, they are much more likely to pick up those niggling injuries that can sideline you for 5/10/15 games.

Your arguments about match ups can be made for all the teams because they are all strong in similar positions. As you said Rashard Lewis killed the Cavs last year but that's were the acquisition of Jamario Moon comes into play. He is a solid SF who can fill in LeBron's position when LeBron moves to the 4 to guard Rashard (when he plays there, I assume he'll be spending more time at the 3 now Hedo has gone and they got Bass). They key thing is no-one can guard LeBron. Pietrus, who is recognised for being one of the best one on one perimeter defenders in the league limited LeBron to 38/8/8... Pierce will get torched.

Lakersfan2483
10-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Orlando is going to surprise some folks this year.

Ray_R
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
better season(records) i gotto go with the celtics but playoff im going with magic just becuase they were so close last year

MrFastBreak
10-19-2009, 10:51 PM
ok yeah i saw the other thread and most people chose boston. Ive noticed on PSD though that most people have the Cavs third anyways and have either Orlando or Boston in the top two spots. I was just curious as to who you think will have a better season (including playoffs) out of these two teams?

personally i feel that orlando will have a better regular season but come playoff time, all the experience on boston can get them past the magic.

THOUGHTS?

It's all on KG