PDA

View Full Version : Portland or Denver, who is better?

JordansBulls
10-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Portland
PG Miller
SG Roy
SF Batum/Outlaw
PF Aldridge
C Oden

Denver
PG Billups
SG JR Smith
SF Melo
PF Kmart
C Nene

69centers
10-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Denver's more experienced.

bal_ravens
10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow, we need the season to start. :(

Denver

Giants-49ers-Ws
10-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Denver

Shady66
10-18-2009, 10:11 PM
JordansBulls, how come you never say your opinion?

ManRam
10-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I said Denver, but I'm really not sure. Portland has great depth, and a lot guys who are just going to keep on getting better.

NBAfan4life
10-18-2009, 10:21 PM
I think portland will be better this year. Denver is going to miss those piees they lost, even though they were not major they played an important role.

TheKing23
10-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Chauncey Billups > Andre Miller
J.R Smith < Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony > Nicolas Batum/Travis Outlaw
Kenyon Martin < Lamarcus Aldridge
Nene > Greg Oden

I'd say Denver. They have a much better starting 5 but Portland have a better bench. The experience of Denver's team helps a lot though.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Nuggets.

dwadefan03
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
id say portland becuase they have a btter superstar brandan roy> Carmelo Anthony and a better second option Lamarcus Aldridge> Chauncy Billups. And a better third option Andre Miller > JR smith. Plus they have a way better bench. I think denver isnt going to be the same with out dahntay jones, linas kleiza and whoever else they lost. And Greg Oden has lookd good over the summer and has a possibility to breakout or at keast become better than nene

Hawkeye15
10-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Blazers

SirCalvin81
10-18-2009, 11:04 PM
denver if steve blake still plays 4 portland

Raph12
10-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Comparison thread JB, comparison thread.

blazerman
10-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Both teams are really good but Portland is just beginning to realize what lies ahead for them. Denver is more experienced and has a great PG in Billups and a star in Melo.

Blazers will win the division though, but in the playoffs is what counts and has an edge there.

If Oden continues to develop it will be all Blazers though.

Blazers!

bbcmillionaire
10-19-2009, 01:35 AM
sorry portland fans, but i gotta say the nuggets now, maybe in a couple of years, but hey you guys have a respectable, upcoming organization so be happy

blazerman
10-19-2009, 01:50 AM
sorry portland fans, but i gotta say the nuggets now, maybe in a couple of years, but hey you guys have a respectable, upcoming organization so be happy

No problem with that at all, Denver is a good team and deserves some respect for that.

I remember last season at this time everybody had pegged them to implode but their FO went out and solidified the Nuggets with the Billups trade a few weeks later. What a great trade for the Nuggets.

iggypop123
10-19-2009, 01:51 AM
doesnt matter. both get whopped by the lakers and spurs

i.got.the.nutz
10-19-2009, 02:04 AM
I think Denver is a better overall team, but as a Laker fan, I'd rather face Denver in the playoffs instead of Portland.

ChiSox219
10-19-2009, 03:40 AM
Portland, easily

rockets2
10-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Portland has more depth, but denver has more offensive fire power and vet leadership

Tribe
10-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Portland is better on paper but Denver is the better team still...

Oden is the classic BUST / SCRUB...he was horrible at Ohio State never able to single handedly take over a game

Oden is Portlands Darko ... if they would of picked Durant they would be knocking on the door for a championship already

Tblaze
10-19-2009, 06:22 AM

Oden is the classic BUST / SCRUB...he was horrible at Ohio State never able to single handedly take over a game

Oden is Portlands Darko ... if they would of picked Durant they would be knocking on the door for a championship already

you have now idea how far off the truth you are. On both Oden AND Durant. Seeing portland had the most efficient offence last year, and basicly scoring is all durant does.. I'm pretty sure we'd have ended up with a worse record last year if we had Durant instead of Oden.

PennyMy#1
10-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Denver. Portland still has very young guys and a lot of work to do ...

blazerman
10-19-2009, 06:31 AM

What was Ohio State's record in Oden's 1 yr, 30 wins 1 loss and a number 1 or 2 ranking all season. Didnt they take on a Florida team in the National championship that had 3 guys go in the top 10 in the draft an 2 more guys early in the second rd (Green and Richards). Oh ya I think Oden had 34 points or so 15 rebounds and 3 or 4 blks in that title game and played with his left hand all season too. Yeah he was horrible at Ohio State.

As for Durant yeah he's a good scorer, the Blazers already have plenty of those guys. By the way when was the last time Durant plyed defense too.

On paper and in reality. I think the Blazers would have made it to the west finals if they had seeded differently last season and they crushed the Nuggets the last couple of times they played and happened to win tonight's game with no Aldridge or Rudy, and by the way it had alot to do with Oden tearing them up in the 4 quarter. Wouldve probably had a 20 point 10 reb 4 quarter if he hadnt fouled out!!

The Nuggets and the Spurs both won their final game of the season on a buzzer beater 3 pt (Melo and Mason Jr) or Portland would have been the 2 seed last season. But last season is in the past so we'll see what happens this yr, Denver is a really good team but Portland is better and they will win the division this yr outright.

Rocktober2009
10-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Untill I see otherwise Denver is still the best team in the Northwest, Portland will be tough though no doubt about that.

And when someone calls Oden a bust in the NBA its not a stab at his college career. The best college player i've ever seen isnt a factor in the NBA (Reddick) And yeah Oden played GREAT at Ohio State. But untill he puts together a season worthy of a player picked Number 1 overall, he is going to be labled as a bust.

No matter how good he was in college

Tribe
10-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Time will tell...so far Oden is a bust plain and simple

In the championship game against Florida he had 25 and 12 and never did he once score more than 29pts in a college game averaging 15.5 ppg...yes those are decent numbers ofcourse and obviously ohio state wouldnt of been where they were without him but i was simply saying he never took over a game and he didnt...

Surely hasnt lived up to #1 pick status...and your crazy to rather have oden over durant

Wilson
10-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Denver. People say they lost a lot, but I don't see it. Arron Afflalo should be a great SG for them. He's a very good defender, if he can hit the long jump-shot consistently for them, he's the perfect SG for them.

All they're lacking is a consistent scoring threat inside in my opinion. Even without that though, they went to the Western Conference Finals, they've shown they have what it takes to play with the best.

JordansBulls
10-19-2009, 08:50 AM
I asked this because it appears both teams are equal on paper. They both had the same record last year as well.

Hellcrooner
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Jb did you forget to mention the bench on purpose?

because porltand proyected bench = A Miller (dont ask me why mcmillan will do this buteh will), Rudy Fernandez, Batum,Outow, Pryzbylaa and Mills, and Bayless

That bench would win 30 games by themselves .

BUT

Denver is a better TEAM not because of the players

but because

George Karl = GREAT COACH who knows how to use his players

Mc Millan = Mc burguer, wouldnt recognise talent if it hit him in the face and has absolutley NO CLUE about his players, his sistem is, slow down kids and givethe ball to roy and let him do what he pleases.

Wilson
10-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Jb did you forget to mention the bench on purpose?

because porltand proyected bench = A Miller (dont ask me why mcmillan will do this buteh will), Rudy Fernandez, Batum,Outow, Pryzbylaa and Mills, and Bayless

That bench would win 30 games by themselves .

BUT

Denver is a better TEAM not because of the players

but because

George Karl = GREAT COACH who knows how to use his players

Mc Millan = Mc burguer, wouldnt recognise talent if it hit him in the face and has absolutley NO CLUE about his players, his sistem is, slow down kids and givethe ball to roy and let him do what he pleases.

I don't know about that. He had several gaffes in the Western Conference Finals.

If I was to argue your point on McMillan, we'd all just be repeating ourselves, so I'll leave it :p

ragee
10-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I picked Portland but it is really too early to tell... I think the Blazers has more depth but the Nuggets has the experience... I think Oden will be the x-factor... If he will continue to get injured and get into foul trouble almost every game, then the Nuggets will be the better team... If he can stay on the floor and just play good defense and grab rebounds, I think the Blazers has a chance to get the division...

sofargone
10-19-2009, 02:25 PM
denver

blazerman
10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Time will tell...so far Oden is a bust plain and simple

In the championship game against Florida he had 25 and 12 and never did he once score more than 29pts in a college game averaging 15.5 ppg...yes those are decent numbers ofcourse and obviously ohio state wouldnt of been where they were without him but i was simply saying he never took over a game and he didnt...

Surely hasnt lived up to #1 pick status...and your crazy to rather have oden over durant

I just checked 25 points 12 rebounds and 4 blk shots in that title game against Florida (still not bad at all)

I know if your from Ohio then you follow the Buckeyes so I surely will take into consideration everything you say. Oden will be a really good NBA player though but he had a rough start, but he's healthy now

da wood
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Untill I see otherwise Denver is still the best team in the Northwest, Portland will be tough though no doubt about that.

And when someone calls Oden a bust in the NBA its not a stab at his college career. The best college player i've ever seen isnt a factor in the NBA (Reddick) And yeah Oden played GREAT at Ohio State. But untill he puts together a season worthy of a player picked Number 1 overall, he is going to be labled as a bust.

No matter how good he was in college

jj reddick the best college player please. i isn't even top three alltime at his own school much less bet all time. who is this guy. but i think that portland will be the better team this year because the same way billips came in a ran the team last year for denver is the same thing portland did by bringing adrea miller in. only time will tell though

Rocktober2009
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Exactly its just too early to REALLY tell, Portland is gonna be tough.

And I said Reddick was the best IVE seen, not of all time. He was crazy good and that didnt translate to the NBA. Thats all I was saying

IBleedPurple
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
id say portland becuase they have a btter superstar brandan roy> Carmelo Anthony and a better second option Lamarcus Aldridge> Chauncy Billups. And a better third option Andre Miller > JR smith. Plus they have a way better bench. I think denver isnt going to be the same with out dahntay jones, linas kleiza and whoever else they lost. And Greg Oden has lookd good over the summer and has a possibility to breakout or at keast become better than nene

As soon as you said Aldridge>Billups, all validity was lost.

Everyone mentions the players Denver lost, but never mentions the players they got. Don't forget Kleiza was terrible last year, and Afflalo is an upgrade to Dahntay Jones. Role players like Mason will help also, and Denver does still have a big TPE to use by November.

GeneWaldron#5
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens but it will be very close. We know what Denver are all about but Portland have a few question marks. We won 54 games, added a starting PG and SF to that team and will have a fitter Greg Oden in the line-up. That should push the team up to the 58-60 win mark but it doesn't always work like that. We still have to see how Miller will be intergrated in to the team and how well he will work with Roy. Personally I think he will fit in just fine but only time will tell. The other main deciding factor is Mr Oden. He seems to be having a really strong pre-season but it is only pre-season. Having said that it's not just the way he is playing but his fitness levels. By all accounts he is back into shape, is moving a lot better, and touch wood has had no problems with his knee. Hopefully that will help him to cut out some of those silly fouls. He also shouldn't get the rough end of the rookie calls like he did at times last season. If he can stay healthy and out of foul trouble it would be huge for the Blazers. Being a Portland fan I'm hoping that all of that turns out all right and that we will top the division but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if Denver beat us to it.

td0tsfinest
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Oden is the key in this debate.

If he can prove he's that #1 overall guy that people said he would be, than Portland is favoured but if he's hit his ceiling already than its easily Denver.

JordansBulls
10-19-2009, 05:44 PM

And I said Reddick was the best IVE seen, not of all time. He was crazy good and that didnt translate to the NBA. Thats all I was saying

You just base things off on how the teams played last year and how they have improved. To me Portland should be better as all of there guys are young and getting into their prime, whereas Denver's only player that is in his prime or going to get better is Melo while everyone else will be the same or slightly worse.

Wilson
10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
You just base things off on how the teams played last year and how they have improved. To me Portland should be better as all of there guys are young and getting into their prime, whereas Denver's only player that is in his prime or going to get better is Melo while everyone else will be the same or slightly worse.

I disagree. Nene is 27 and could improve, whilst JR Smith and Arron Afflalo are each 24.

You also have to factor in the experience the whole team gained in the deep play-off run. They all know what it takes to win now, or are much closer to truely understanding how to, which will definately help them this season.

Lastly, Chauncey Billups has a full training camp with the team, which really helps chemistry. It allows Billups to be more thorough in teaching his team-mates, and also gives more time for the rest of the team to communicate more with Chauncey regarding what they like to do on the court.

Denver could (and should) be a great team this year. I wouldn't be entirely suprised to see them win a championship.

MackSnackWrap
10-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Nugeets but in terms of in the next 5 years Portland will be a force in the league

UnWantedTheory
10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
The Nuggs until Portland proves they are better.

UnWantedTheory
10-19-2009, 06:11 PM
For now.

smith&wesson
10-19-2009, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=JordansBulls;11126720]Portland

PG Miller < billups
SG Roy > jr smith
SF Batum/Outlaw < melo
PF Aldridge < kmart/birdman
C Oden < nene

billups is a better pg then miller is, hands down.

roy way over jr smith obviously

melo way over batum?outlaw

since you put batum and out law together, i decided to put kmart and birdman together. aldridge is probably better then kmart or birdman individually, but ill take the combination of those to players over aldridge right now.

and nene way way over oden.

While portland has a good yonge core and are talented, i think denver is a better team right now.

GeneWaldron#5
10-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I think he meant Batum or Outlaw, depending on who starts. Although I would have thought Martell Webster has more chance of starting than Outlaw

JordansBulls
10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
I think he meant Batum or Outlaw, depending on who starts. Although I would have thought Martell Webster has more chance of starting than Outlaw

Yeah I still not sure who will start on the Blazers.

GeneWaldron#5
10-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I dont think the Blazers are sure at the minute either.

J_M_B
10-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Denver Nuggets

blazerman
10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=JordansBulls;11126720]Portland

PG Miller < billups
SG Roy > jr smith
SF Batum/Outlaw < melo
PF Aldridge < kmart/birdman
C Oden < nene

billups is a better pg then miller is, hands down.

roy way over jr smith obviously

melo way over batum?outlaw

since you put batum and out law together, i decided to put kmart and birdman together. aldridge is probably better then kmart or birdman individually, but ill take the combination of those to players over aldridge right now.

and nene way way over oden.

While portland has a good yonge core and are talented, i think denver is a better team right now.

Aldridge is far better than those two combined, I'd take Oden any day over Nene (Nene is good but Oden is only starting out and will be the better player after he figures a few things out). You should have seen what Oden did to your team in about 4 minutes in the 4 quarter 12 points, 6 rebs, and a nice blk. Nene,Birdman and Martin all were helpless trying to guard him, he scored at will and if he didnt have 5 fouls from earlier in the game coulda had a 20 10 4th quarter!

Why your at it why not go down the line on every player on both teams, the Blazers will get every check mark down the line 6 thru 12!!

I do really like the Nuggets and what they've acomplished in such a short period of time and if Portland gets ousted in the playoffs, I'll definitely cheer for the Nuggets to go to the finals, out of sheer respect for the great turn around that they've done, plus they're alot of fun to watch.

Shahrose
10-19-2009, 07:43 PM
its clearly Denver
the only person that the blazers have thats better than the nuggets is Roy>J.R Smith
otherwise id take Denver over the Portland

VCaintdead17
10-19-2009, 07:45 PM
It's alot closer than people think. I think, it all depends on 2 players, JR Smith, and Greg Oden. The development of these two players decides who is better IMO

GeneWaldron#5
10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
its clearly Denver
the only person that the blazers have thats better than the nuggets is Roy>J.R Smith
otherwise id take Denver over the Portland

I don't think there are many GM's that would rather have Kenyon Martin than LaMarcus Aldridge and the Blazers bench is much much stronger than the Nuggets. It's not all about the staring 5's.

JordansBulls
10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I dont think the Blazers are sure at the minute either.

:confused:

i.got.the.nutz
10-19-2009, 09:59 PM

Middle?

SA5195
10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I would say Portland, but not right now, cause Portland is just stacked with raw talent, only experienced is Miller, and probably Roy.

smith&wesson
10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=blazerman;11135427][QUOTE=smith&wesson;11134777]

Aldridge is far better than those two combined, I'd take Oden any day over Nene (Nene is good but Oden is only starting out and will be the better player after he figures a few things out). You should have seen what Oden did to your team in about 4 minutes in the 4 quarter 12 points, 6 rebs, and a nice blk. Nene,Birdman and Martin all were helpless trying to guard him, he scored at will and if he didnt have 5 fouls from earlier in the game coulda had a 20 10 4th quarter!

first of all aldrige is better then bird man and kmart offensively. defensivley let me remind you that the bird man finished 2nd in blocks in the entire league after dwight howard and he did that in 20 mins of playing time. so no defensively he is not better then them.

2ndly you said " oden is only staring out and will be the better player after he figures a few things out" were not talking about who will be better, we are talking about who is better. and straight up i take nene over oden right now for the season in a heart beat. your right about one thing Oden definatly needs to figure some things out. one quarter doesnt tell me any thing. this guy is a number one pick who hasnt lived up to his potential YET. perhaps he will but for the time being nene is the better player.

it is pretty tight all the way through but i give the edge to denver for THIS season because they are more battle ready then the blazers are. the blazers though are only climbing to be one of the elite teams in the league. no doubt. and also denver isnt my team. just clearifying. both denver and portland would sweep my team in a 7 game. so im not even going there.

Mendozer17
10-19-2009, 10:48 PM
the blazers have all the potential to be better and i think the nuggets losing jones on defense will hurt them.......i like the andre miller pickup by portland too thats going to help their offense greatly and will probably pull the younger players together

Kakaroach
10-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Denver has the slight edge as of now. They lost Jones who was a good defender, and Portland got Miller (Who I love seeing as how he took the Utes to the NCAA championship game). I still think Billups and Melo are too good together, throw in Nene as well. But it depends on Oden and Smith, just like VC said. Those two could be the difference makers for their respective teams.

dwadefan03
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
As soon as you said Aldridge>Billups, all validity was lost.

Everyone mentions the players Denver lost, but never mentions the players they got. Don't forget Kleiza was terrible last year, and Afflalo is an upgrade to Dahntay Jones. Role players like Mason will help also, and Denver does still have a big TPE to use by November.

i meant as a second scoring option. lamarcus has more of a threat to expolde for 25 30 a night while chancy will get you about 18-22. i didnt mean as an overall better player.

JordansBulls
10-19-2009, 11:44 PM
i meant as a second scoring option. lamarcus has more of a threat to expolde for 25 30 a night while chancy will get you about 18-22. i didnt mean as an overall better player.

Nuggets big 3 are Melo, Billups and whom?

Blazers big 3 are Roy, Aldridge and probably now Oden

Rocktober2009
10-20-2009, 01:36 AM

JR Smith. will get you a solid 15-20 a night and have games where he will explode and light it up for 30+

Oefarmy2005
10-20-2009, 01:52 AM

Nene is better than Oden at this point, so if you list Oden - then Nene can be it. Denver has more depth overall, but I think that this is the last year they will be better, next year it'll be Portland.

PrettyBoyJ
10-20-2009, 02:02 AM
On Paper Blazers Look Better... But They Way Nuggets Play You could Argue The Nuggets Are.. But Its Up For Grabs TO ME

Mavrix
10-20-2009, 02:06 AM
1. Lal
2. Sas
3. Dal
4. Den
5. Por

ChiSox219
10-20-2009, 10:18 AM
1. Lal
2. Sas
3. Dal
4. Den
5. Por

1. Lal
2. Por
3. Sas
4. Den
5. Uta

Go_NUGGETS
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
1. DEN
2. LAL
3. SAS
4. DAL
5. POR

:cool:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM

Lol a better superstar then Melo?? Wats Roy done that Melo hasnt?

Better second option???Aldrige over Billups??

Dre over JR???????????:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ragee
10-20-2009, 02:40 PM

Reddick was great in college because all of the plays were set for him... All he had to do was get the ball and shoot... I like the guy but even he knows that he will just be a role player in the NBA...

mrblisterdundee
10-20-2009, 03:03 PM
PG - Denver wins by a landslide, but Andre Miller is one of the best free agent pick-ups the Blazers could have made to guard Chauncey Billups. They're both large point guard with a lack of speed, compared to their younger and/or small counterparts throughout the league. Miller won't get pushed around mentally of physically by Billups in the playoffs, although I doubt Portland will reach that match-up.

SG - I think the answer is obvious. Brandon Roy is better than all the shooting guards on Denver combined. In addition, he makes up for the Nuggets' advantage at the point with his ball-distributing abilities. Nobody in the west except Kobe Bryant can even challenge Roy at his position.

SF - Here's another obvious answer. Carmello Anthony is one of the biggest reasons I wanted Portland to sign Shaun Marion. Right now, the Blazers sport a bunch of toothpicks at the three. Meanwhile, Anthony continues to dominate in the paint and throughout the half court.

PF - It's a matter of defense and offense on this comparison. Kenyon Martin can stop any Blazer forward in his tracks, but LaMarcus Aldridge will evade and knock down the jumper. Aldridge barely edges out Martin because of his offense, and the fact that he has an exponentially higher chance of not being injured come playoffs time.

C - You'd have to be a psychic to guess who's better at this position. Nene Hilario is probably the best center in the west, since Shaq ran east and Yao's not running anywhere. Despite the current reality, both Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum have the physicality to eventually dwarf Hilario in the paint. It remains to be seen, though, whether either of them will develop a consistent jump shot or bill of health.

My Conclusion: Denver (and this is from a Portland fan)

BoltLakerPadre
10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
It's still the Nuggets. Bababa-Billups and Melo are just too much, and Nene is much more of a finished product than Oden. Blazers have youth, but they better be careful how they treat those players, there seem to be some early rumblings of unhappy players.

masalex1205
10-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Seriously? Denver

maybe Portland in 2 yrs

eagles808
10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Portland

Ace33Bone
10-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Denver is better... just like erik snow and brent barry put it

blazerman
10-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Denver is better... just like erik snow and brent barry put it

Yeah, I believe everything a couple of 12th man have to say

Tblaze
10-20-2009, 06:17 PM
It's alot closer than people think. I think, it all depends on 2 players, JR Smith, and Greg Oden. The development of these two players decides who is better IMO

I think this is the best answer to the question...

R cool J
10-20-2009, 06:36 PM

I don't think Oden can be classified as part of the Portland big 3...i mean he really hasn't done anything...at all...i mean at all at all.

blazerman
10-20-2009, 06:42 PM
I think this is the best answer to the question...

For the most part yeah but the Blazers have a lot of guys that could have a breakout yr and if any of those guys step up it could give the Blazers the nod.

Regardless their both good teams and either one could be have alot to say in how the west turns out!

mikantsass
10-20-2009, 06:46 PM
IMO Denver

GeneWaldron#5
10-20-2009, 06:53 PM
For the most part yeah but the Blazers have a lot of guys that could have a breakout yr and if any of those guys step up it could give the Blazers the nod.

Regardless their both good teams and either one could be have alot to say in how the west turns out!

Yeah that was one of the things I was thinking of. If any of Greg, Rudy, Nic or Jerryd make a big jump from last season, or if Martell can come back well, it will make a difference for the Blazers. Alright they're not all going to have huge seasons but there is a good chance one or two of them will step up.

Tblaze
10-20-2009, 07:06 PM

I agree with you on that part, however I'm thinking playoffs here.. and last year those guys you mention didn't show up by any means yet.

I do think we got quite a bit better, and Denver is actually a decent matchup for us.

On the other hand Denver has another year experience playing together.

So yeah, it basicly depends on the guys who can be the X-factor.

Wilson
10-20-2009, 07:11 PM

It's not really just about the big three though. Denver's supporting cast is great (and all have defined roles), and then there's the experience factor which ways in Denver's favour.

RapsGuy23
10-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Nuggets

Spurred1
10-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Hmmm...rather see how they play this season with their changes before making any declarations.

Paulliwali
10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I think it all depends on the performace of greg oden then it is portland if he plays well and vice versa

oldfishermen
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Portland home boy here.

If Portland uses the same starters as last year, then Denver has better starters. Most teams had better starters than the Blazers last year. The reason Portland tied Denver for the same record was their deeper bench, which is even deeper this year.

Got to go with Portland here because their bench just plan wears out the other teams players so Roy can come in at the end of the game and clean up...

Mavrix
10-21-2009, 01:08 AM
1. Lal
2. Por
3. Sas
4. Den
5. Uta

Wrong.

Kurple
10-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Blazers will have the better regular season record, while Nuggets would beat Blazers if they met in the playoffs.. = Nuggets is the best team IMO

jimbobjarree
10-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Wrong.

yeah put the Blazers to 5th

JayW_1023
10-21-2009, 10:38 AM
The Nuggets are better chemistry wise but lack depth. Portland on the other hand is deep as heck and is still working out their chemistry issues.

I expect Portland to be the better team this season mainly because McMillan is a better coach than Karl.

JordansBulls
10-26-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't think Oden can be classified as part of the Portland big 3...i mean he really hasn't done anything...at all...i mean at all at all.

Considering he is part of the future I believe he should be counted as part of the Big 3.

NiTEFuRY
10-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Denver hands down... maybe in 5 years portland will...

Rhino
10-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Well considering the Blazers tied for 2nd in the West last year when they were projected to barely make the playoffs. The Blazers were the only team in the league to win the season series against the NBA champions. The Blazers biggest weakness was at the point and they add a very experienced pg in Miller. Oden is just now healthy enough to show what he has given he stays out of foul trouble. I would give the edge to the Blazers.

JordansBulls
10-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Denver hands down... maybe in 5 years portland will...

They had the same record last year and this with Oden basically doing nothing. Nuggets have lost a few guys and the Blazers actually gained another starter player in Miller.

JordansBulls
10-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Denver Nuggets

PG - Chauncey Billups | Ty Lawson
SG - JR Smith | Arron Afflalo
SF - Carmelo Anthony | Linas Kleiza*
PF - Kenyon Martin | Renaldo Balkman | Malik Allen*
C - Nene | Chris Andersen | Steven Hunter*

Portland TrailBlazers

PG - Andre Miller/Steve Blake/Jerryd Bayless
SG - Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez
SF - Martell Webster/Travis Outlaw/Nicolas Batum
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge/Dante Cunningham
C - Greg Oden/Joel Pryzbilla

Just a note. These teams meet tonight as well in Portland. I can see this being a 1st round matchup as well.