http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=413

check it out...

Raps08-09 Champ
10-18-2009, 05:00 PM
You spelled Raptors wrong.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Other than that, agree with most.

I'd change the rankings a little but most are where I envisioned.

whitesox1991
10-18-2009, 05:06 PM
I think you are overrating Ben Gordon a little bit. He is a streaky jump shooter who plays weak defense.

ManRam
10-18-2009, 05:07 PM
A few things.

Shaq didn't trade himself. Cleveland wanted him more than Shaq wanted Cleveland. So it's his fault...and he's now a championship chaser?? Ok...

Hedo and efficient are not synonymous. While I love Hedo, and wont deny his importance, our biggest offensive problem (besides Dwight at times) was our streakiness. Vince is the go-to scorer we didn't have last year. He's gonna be the guy that stops those long scoring droughts from really killing us, like they did at times. I wont deny it was risky, but it wasn't risky because of the reasons you alluded to.

Losing Rafer doesn't hurt one bit. He was terrible last year. A shoot first PG who can't shoot well is always a great thing...right?

I think Chicago wont really miss Ben Gordon much at all. I also think Deng will have a great bounce back year. He can easily make up for the loss of BG, especially because of his defense. The rest of the team is young and will just get better. I see them in the playoffs.

John Salmons is their perimeter scorer. Incredibly underrated player. A much more efficient scorer than Gordon. They'll be fine offensively.

All in all, pretty safe predictions. The East certainly is a lot deeper than it's been in a while.

whitesox1991
10-18-2009, 05:12 PM
A few things.

Shaq didn't trade himself. Cleveland wanted him more than Shaq wanted Cleveland. So it's his fault...and he's now a championship chaser?? Ok...

Hedo and efficient are not synonymous. While I love Hedo, and wont deny his importance, our biggest offensive problem (besides Dwight at times) was our streakiness. Vince is the go-to scorer we didn't have last year. He's gonna be the guy that stops those long scoring droughts from really killing us, like they did at times. I wont deny it was risky, but it wasn't risky because of the reasons you alluded to.

Losing Rafer doesn't hurt one bit. He was terrible last year. A shoot first PG who can't shoot well is always a great thing...right?

I think Chicago wont really miss Ben Gordon much at all. I also think Deng will have a great bounce back year. He can easily make up for the loss of BG, especially because of his defense. The rest of the team is young and will just get better. I see them in the playoffs.

John Salmons is their perimeter scorer. Incredibly underrated player. A much more efficient scorer than Gordon. They'll be fine offensively.

All in all, pretty safe predictions. The East certainly is a lot deeper than it's been in a while.

I think Hinrich can replace Ben Gordon too. He is a decent shooter, can run the point well, and can guard a 1-3 very well on defense. I would rather have that than a streaky jump shooter who isn't that great defensively. Our bench is looking to be pretty solid too.

NiTEFuRY
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Not sure about the 6/7/8 on the east... we'll see...
76ers and Raptors should be interesting.

daleja424
10-18-2009, 06:02 PM
You spelled Raptors wrong.

whoops...fixed

daleja424
10-18-2009, 06:09 PM
i am aware that shaq didnt trade himself, but he road wade's coat tails to a title, demanded a trade to a contender and went to phoenix to win. He didnt and now he will try to ride lebrons coat tails to a title. At this point in shaqs career he is a side piece, not a #1, or even #2 option.

also, I think that you severly underestimate Alston seeing as he lead the Magic through to the finals....

ManRam
10-18-2009, 06:14 PM
also, I think that you severly underestimate Alston seeing as he lead the Magic through to the finals....

Yeah. He really "lead" the Magic to the Finals. He definitely was the reason we made it there...

I mean, he shot 38%...which is phenomenal. He averaged 4 assists, and 2 TOs, which is great for a PG in the playoffs. :eyebrow:

We were better with Anthony Johnson on the court than we were with Rafer. Him leaving is a good thing. Such a terrible player. And ask any Magic fan, I've been a Rafer-hater since day one.

daleja424
10-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah. He really "lead" the Magic to the Finals. He definitely was the reason we made it there...

I mean, he shot 38%...which is phenomenal. He averaged 4 assists, and 2 TOs, which is great for a PG in the playoffs. :eyebrow:

We were better with Anthony Johnson on the court than we were with Rafer. Him leaving is a good thing. Such a terrible player. And ask any Magic fan, I've been a Rafer-hater since day one.

All I know is that he was the starting pg on a team that went to the finals and came up huge in some of those games. Is Nelson better? no doubt. But Alston was a NICE security blanket IMO

JordansBulls
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=413

check it out...

Bulls will be the 4th seed.

TheKing23
10-18-2009, 09:46 PM

No way do the Bulls finish with a better record than the Hawks, Wizards and Heat... They have an outside chance of grabbing 7th or 8th because it's a toss up between them, 76ers and Raptors for those spots, but they will not get the 4th seed.

As mentioned in the blog they don't have a go to scorer and unless Derrick Rose continues to improve his game and steps up in a big way this season, they may miss the playoffs altogether.

ManRam
10-18-2009, 10:13 PM
John Salmons will be a 20 point scorer. That's a promise. He'll be their go-to scorer.

JordansBulls
10-18-2009, 10:19 PM
No way do the Bulls finish with a better record than the Hawks, Wizards and Heat... They have an outside chance of grabbing 7th or 8th because it's a toss up between them, 76ers and Raptors for those spots, but they will not get the 4th seed.

As mentioned in the blog they don't have a go to scorer and unless Derrick Rose continues to improve his game and steps up in a big way this season, they may miss the playoffs altogether.

Please, we are much better than we were last year. We got a .500 record despite all the injuries we had. Gordon held the team back with his selfish play. We will be much more cohesive. Bulls in 2007 won 49 games and this team IMO is better than that team.

ManRam
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Please, we are much better than we were last year. We got a .500 record despite all the injuries we had. Gordon held the team back with his selfish play. We will be much more cohesive. Bulls in 2007 won 49 games and this team IMO is better than that team.

A healthy Deng, along with Miller and Salmons for an entire season and the young guys getting better does lead me to believe that they'll be better...but I don't think they are 4th seed good yet. Losing BG is not an issue at all. I just read a great insider article by Hollinger and Bucher on how Salmons and Deng will much more than make up for BG's loss...and I believe it 100%.

But again, I don't think they are 4th seed good.

daleja424
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM

I hope your right. I would love to somehow see miami and chicago playing in the playoffs. It would be like winner takes Wade or something... :D

Ovratd1up
10-18-2009, 10:48 PM
A healthy Deng, along with Miller and Salmons for an entire season and the young guys getting better does lead me to believe that they'll be better...but I don't think they are 4th seed good yet. Losing BG is not an issue at all. I just read a great insider article by Hollinger and Bucher on how Salmons and Deng will much more than make up for BG's loss...and I believe it 100%.

But again, I don't think they are 4th seed good.

Agree completely, as a Bulls fan. I am annoyed at the homerish statements (JB, posting 'The Bulls will be forth seed' in forty different threads will only contribute to everyone thinkig Bulls fans are homers) and don't tell me having MIA at fifth seed had nothing to do with being a HEAT fan.

I see the Bulls as 6th or 7th seed with Miami or Phili behind them. If the Heat do well and Bulls don't improve, I could see them winding up 8th or missing the playoffs entirely, and if they really develop chemistry and everyone improves they could even get fifth or if Atlanta underachieves, even fourth.

HiphopRelated
10-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Boston 65
Orlando 60
Cavs 58
Atlanta 50
Washington 47
Miami 45
Philly 45
Toronto 42

---------------
Bulls
Pistons
Cats
Indy
Knicks
Bucks
Nets

nitric
10-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Everyone made moves and got better and Heat will still be #5? Bulls miss the playoffs? :\

abe_froman
10-19-2009, 01:52 AM
in this scenario do you have the hawks and wizards starting 5 dying in a plane crash?

not the hawks or healthy wiz.but think they can fight it out with the heat

but i have no problem with the ranking,the team is full of question marks,and its possible that they do finish 9th