PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the biggest bust in this years draft??

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:00 PM
which player chosen in the lottery this year do you think will be the biggest bust and why??

my pick is jordan hill. sorry knick fans. i just dont see it

1-800-STFU
10-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Harden, I never really saw much explosiveness out of him at Arizona St. I think he will be a decent player, but really nothing special.

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:15 PM
jordan hill just looks like a *****. i rewally really really dont think hes going to do anything in this league. i think either DeMar DeRozan or Brandon Jennings would have been the perfect fit for newyork. both great in the up tempo. dang derozan would have been a monster in newyork.

yeah but to be honest, i think the best jordan hill will ever be is the next Mikki Moore. no.not becasue of the hair. because of the game

aNYer
10-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Hill is a project, you won't see anything but flashes for a few season.
Thabeet could be the next Sene or any of those long line of players that are big and nothing more.

lakerboy
10-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Jordan Hill
Hasheem Thabeet (too raw / bad environment / will be productive in 2, 3 years)

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Hill is a project, you won't see anything but flashes for a few season.
Thabeet could be the next Sene or any of those long line of players that are big and nothing more.

yeah i agree that thabeet will be a bust as well, but at least hell have one significant skill which will be shot blocking. i really dont see any game changing skills in jordan hill

KnicksR4Real
10-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Hate to admit it but we all know it's Jordan Hill

I am a die hard Knicks Fan, the guy really does just suck.

We needed a PG

PurpleJesus
10-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Rubio isnt on this list?

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Rubio isnt on this list?

last time i checked, you have to actually play in the nba to tell whether or not your a bust. talk to me in two years

ManRam
10-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Curry, Hasheem or Hill. I voted Curry though. I don't think he's gonna be anything more than a decent shooter in this league. A bench player at best.

rhymeratic
10-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Voted for Hill, it's obvious this dude is Melvin Ely in the making!

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:44 PM
i honestly think Darco Milicic is a better player and will contribute more to the knicks then jordan hill. my reasoning is a combination of jordan hill being terrible and darco milicic becoming a servicable player in the mike dantoni system

TheKing23
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I think Hasheem Thabeet will be the biggest bust.

Maybe a little too early to call but I can see any offensive side to his game at all, we'll have to wait and see though.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Hasheem Thabeet-kandiman 2.0

BkOriginalOne
10-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Thabeet and Hill I would argue.
Hill is more likely the bust. All that Thabeet has to become, is a guy who can get 10ppg, 12rpg, 3bpg, maybe some D team nods and his career can't be considered a bust.
Hill, really doesn't have much. He doesn't look that confident, and won't get much PT when there are other 6'9 plus guys (Lee, Milicic, Harrington, Gallinari, Curry) that will be fighting for the same minutes.
I wouldn't be suprised if he were traded.

GoatMilk
10-18-2009, 04:05 PM
damn look at all this Thabeet hate.

look i dont like him either, but defensively he's legit. even now.
offensively. yikes.

i was on the he's a bust bandwagon too, but not really anymore.
i guess i got to see him a little more

SaimoNETS
10-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Hill.

ManRam
10-18-2009, 04:20 PM
damn look at all this Thabeet hate.

look i dont like him either, but defensively he's legit. even now.
offensively. yikes.

i was on the he's a bust bandwagon too, but not really anymore.
i guess i got to see him a little more

I agree. He's never going to be an offensive force, but I don't think anyone expects that from him. He'll be an amazing defender and rebounder. I see some first or second team all defense teams from him. I think that's what Memphis expects out of him...and I think Memphis will get that out of him.

JWO35
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
What's up with Jordan Hill? Before the draft people were comparing him to Chris Bosh...Did he actually play "Melvin Ely" Horrible or are Knick Fans overreacting?

abe_froman
10-18-2009, 04:26 PM
What's up with Jordan Hill? Before the draft people were comparing him to Chris Bosh...Did he actually play "Melvin Ely" Horrible or are Knick Fans overreacting?

little of both i think..

though i think some of it is still being disappointed because they were so hyped about curry(or ricky) that anyone but him was going to get a fair amount of dislike just for being not steph

SaimoNETS
10-18-2009, 04:27 PM

From what i've seen during preseason, he is HORRIBLE.

nyanks79
10-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Everything I hear from Hill about being a bust is because of this year. Yea Darko might be more servicable this year, and Hill might not get that much time this year, but that dosent mean he is a bust. Hes very raw, but is also really strong and athletic. To say hes gonna be a bust beacuse he wont get time this year is just dumb.

what54!?
10-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Its between hill or thabeet. All I think thabeet will be is a glorifed back-up C

SirCalvin81
10-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Its between hill or thabeet. All I think thabeet will be is a glorifed back-up C

agreed

MDfootball36
10-18-2009, 04:56 PM
im gonna say harden or hill

nyanks79
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
From what i've seen during preseason, he is HORRIBLE.

So did CDR last year. And he looked like he developed and can be valuable in the league.

bkmikeyy
10-18-2009, 05:06 PM
too earlyyy, yes hill looks lost and very raw but give the guy a break hes only played basketball for like 4 years. He has all the physical tools to become a very good player you just wont see that for the next few years. however 2-3 years down the road a lot of you might take his vote back.
Most realistically though i see about 8-9 busts in the lottery this year easily

theuuord
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Hill and DeRozan. Thabeet's a wild card.

Vinny642
10-18-2009, 05:12 PM
I went Thabeet, too weak

sofargone
10-18-2009, 06:38 PM
curry is nothing but a shooter, i dont see how he can have a place in the NBA. He'll be like a bad version of JJ Reddik. He's so skinny too, that definetly affects his physicality.

jim51990
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
steph curry will be jj reddick 2.0 but maybe even worse

Mavrix
10-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Thabeet = Desagana Diop
Hill = Reggie Evans

zambo4president
10-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Earl Clark.

sofargone
10-18-2009, 07:11 PM
steph curry will be jj reddick 2.0 but maybe even worse

my thoughts exactly. specialty shooters are a dying breed in the NBA. when was the last time you heard anything from guys like kapono? if all you can do is shoot, you have no place in the NBA. If curry gained like 80 LBS cause right now i think hes around a 130, he would be a better player. mans needs to hit the gym. GSW is not a good team to start with either, no offence to their fans but that team is a mess and Nelson's off his rocker

WillisLovechild
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
I voted Hansborough, but the obvious choice isn't even up there. Ricky Rubio wins this one very easily in my mind.

Gideon
10-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Please Jordan Hill prove all these haters wrong! I know he won't do much this year, but as was mentioned he has only been playing organized ball for 4 years, but he WILL become a very good player in this league!

sofargone
10-18-2009, 07:47 PM
I voted Hansborough, but the obvious choice isn't even up there. Ricky Rubio wins this one very easily in my mind.

Rubio isnt in the NBA next year. if he were he might be a bust, but he obviously isnt ready yet. Why he went into the draft this year? I dont know but hes not playing next year so i dont see how he is a bust.

Wiz kids
10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Blake Griffin.

mikantsass
10-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Rubioo if he ever plays

SA5195
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Probably Jordan Hill, and Curry especially cause I never saw him going to the basket, he just shoots, I don't follow him, but i'll bet you he's not really a good defender.

And for everyone saying Rubio, I don't think he'll be a bust, but when he comes to the NBA, he might be the most hated.

ElMarroAfamado
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
blake griffin has alot of haters

theuuord
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
where did all these people come from who never saw Curry go to the hole?

he shoots a lot of 3's, yeah, but that's because he was the best outside shooter in the NCAA. you go to your strengths.

You don't get over 7 attempts at the line per game by staying on the perimeter.

Raph12
10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
My money is on Thabeet or Hill, only time will tell though.

Wilson
10-18-2009, 09:01 PM
last time i checked, you have to actually play in the nba to tell whether or not your a bust. talk to me in two years

I don't know. The T-Wolves used a high first round draft pick on this guy. If he never plays for the Wolves (or in the NBA at all), that's a wasted draft pick, which makes Rubio a bust.

bigsams50
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Hill or Curry, although i voted CUrry

Unec
10-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I think curry will prove alot of people wrong seriously, i voted for hill though and it may not even be him as a player. I just dont think he will be able to be dominant in the offense the knicks run. But we never know!!

sleepers are:

wayne ellington
jrue holiday
eric maynor
ty lawson
darren collison

Mark my words

FlakeyFool
10-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Tyler Hansbrough shouldn't even be on the list, nobody's expecting anything great out of him

WSU Tony
10-18-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know. The T-Wolves used a high first round draft pick on this guy. If he never plays for the Wolves (or in the NBA at all), that's a wasted draft pick, which makes Rubio a bust.

If Rubio ever plays in the NBA or the Wolves trade him for value he's a bust? I think the only part you got right in that post is the part which I bolded. :p

VCaintdead17
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
I'll go with Curry. I just don't see him being a stand out player.

Wilson
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
If Rubio ever plays in the NBA or the Wolves trade him for value he's a bust? I think the only part you got right in that post is the part which I bolded. :p

Haha, thanks...

If the Wolves do manage to trade him then obviously he wouldn't be a bust for them. But, since he's not going to play with the Wolves, it could be difficult to get any value for him (teams might be reluctant to give up too much for a guy who might not play for them), which would make him a wasted draft pick.

NBAfan4life
10-18-2009, 10:23 PM
write in vote

Ricky rubio I'm from Minnesota and we cant afford to give away or wait on first round picks

daleja424
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
thabeet... :puke:

Hawkeye15
10-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Curry or Thabeet. Curry is just lost in position, and Thabeet is so far from ready, it isn't even funny

Hawkeye15
10-18-2009, 10:53 PM
why is Rubio brought up? many teams waited on their international picks. he is a non issue for a couple years

jim51990
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM
jennings will also be a bust and his personality will lead to it being even worse then curry bust i stated before

pete_one
10-19-2009, 02:27 AM
hasheem the dream. Going to end up like Sene from the Sonics/Thunder. All he has going for him is his size and length that naturally allows him to play the D he is able to now.

blazerman
10-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Harden, I never really saw much explosiveness out of him at Arizona St. I think he will be a decent player, but really nothing special.

Im not sure he's gonna be a bust, but he'd be my choice or Earl Clark to fail.

Thabeet is just very raw and could eventually be a good defender so I wouldnt discredit him just yet.

abe_froman
10-19-2009, 02:43 AM
begs the question.can late lotto picks bust??

montazingmvp
10-19-2009, 02:54 AM
Curry or Thabeet. Curry is just lost in position, and Thabeet is so far from ready, it isn't even funny

i've watched curry in 5 preseason games so far and he looks anything but loss. he's been running the offense with ease. his shooting has been off thus far but give him time to adapt...he's a very smart player and on that alone i can see him being a solid starting pg in the future...

mully
10-19-2009, 03:13 AM

i agree about rubio. they didnt get a chance to sign him. to much a puss to play in the nba. 5th over all and not in the nba is pretty bad but for the actual board. hill cause i am a knick fan and is the only one i relly got a look at. i definitely wasnt impressed. but i think curry is pretty bad to. i didnt think he deserved to get drafted in the first.

AI4MVP
10-19-2009, 05:00 AM
ok so after some thought, i guess the definetion of bust is a player tht doesnt fulfill his best case scenario, and i guess that means that thabeet wont be a bust.

i think everyones best case prediction and expectation of thabeet is that he becoems a great shot blocker, and to be honest i see no reason why he cant be just that.

but if you think the definition of bust is a player who doesnt justify where he was picked, then thabeet will be a huge bust, because i dont think hes a second pick in the draft

nolin
10-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Before the draft i said Jordan Hill, and now after the draft i say Jordan hill. Hes tall but thats about all hes got going for him. He will be out the league in 3 to 4 years.

blazerman
10-19-2009, 06:46 AM
why is Rubio brought up? many teams waited on their international picks. he is a non issue for a couple years

The Blazers do it all the time, again this yr with Rubio's buddy Victor Claver. Pau Gasol and Rudy Fernandez say Claver will be a great NBA player but he's cool in Europe right now and the Blazers dont need him right now anyway.

When Rubio does come over then the Wolves with have at least one nice point guard to trade (Flynn or Sessions) and will get either a really high pick back or another solid player at a different position. I doubt Flynn is going anywhere either. Lots to look forward if your a Wolves fan, especially in 2 yrs, they''ll be back in the playoffs then with a deep young team.

Tribe
10-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Jennings...doesnt seem ready to compete at highest level...didnt show anything overseas

arkanian215
10-19-2009, 04:03 PM
are you kidding? this guy has more explosiveness than demar derozan in just about every category according to draftexpress. the numbers dont lie.

AirJordanXVIII
10-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Hansbrough, although that wouldnt exactly fill the bill as a "bust". His max potential IMO is like 15 and 8, but I think he's gonna be more around 10 and 5 which is definetely not worth a 13th pick or whatever he was drafted.

The highest bust potential imo would probably be Thabeet. Without a offensive game, he's just gonna be another Sammy Dalembert.

JWO35
10-19-2009, 04:24 PM
I think DeMar DeRozan will either be a Superstar or a Straight Bust!
Most Athletic Players are like that...its always 50/50.

MiamiHeat
10-19-2009, 04:25 PM

he's playing style is not explosiveness or flashy
he's a guy that gets it done without all that.

my pick is DeMar DeRozan

JOSKOMANG4
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM
- I love the T'Wolves drafted a player that doesnt even want to play for that team..

So yes.. Ricky Rubio BIGGEST bust of 2009 NBA Draft. IMO

Unec
10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
he's playing style is not explosiveness or flashy
he's a guy that gets it done without all that.

my pick is DeMar DeRozan

exactly he plays like a more of a scoring jalen rose. That close game and very basic but HARDEN will be good

rrude
10-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Relative to the team's needs, I think Jordan Hill will be the biggest bust. The Knicks need is so great (no pick next year, no top-tier NBA players on the roster, desperately need something to excite the fans and keep the other players interested), even if Hill is just a serviceable role player (no chance he's more than that) it's still a waste of a pick. Knicks needed to hit it big with this one. And didn't.

todu82
10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm going with Blake Griffin. Something about him screams bust to me.

dtmagnet
10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't think any of these guys will be total busts, but Thabeet will take the longest to actually contribute.

sofargone
10-19-2009, 05:32 PM
im not a knicks fan so i wouldnt know, but why do you all feel hill will be such a bust?