PDA

View Full Version : Will Danny Granger become a superstar in the NBA

JordansBulls
10-18-2009, 08:59 AM
He is 26 years old and last year he averaged 26 ppg and 5 rpg. Will that be his max ceiling or will he get even better?

Tribe
10-18-2009, 09:06 AM
He definately has the abilities to get better but he doesnt seem the type to take a team deep into the playoffs on his own

Sox Appeal
10-18-2009, 11:16 AM
It was a career year for him last season. So, he has nowhere to go but down.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Maybe he might do a little better next year but after that, he will probably just another star who averages 20 PPG.

roshan3ai
10-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I see a lot of TMac in him. Great jump shot, and can score in many different ways. But i hope he doesn't get injured like TMac

BTownTeamsRKing
10-18-2009, 11:49 AM
I see a lot of TMac in him. Great jump shot, and can score in many different ways. But i hope he doesn't get injured like TMac

Paul Pierce.

BkOriginalOne
10-18-2009, 12:44 PM
I think he is playing at his ceiling right now.
He needs to have stars on the team he can play with.
The Pacers future doesn't look too bad.

JordansBulls
10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
It was a career year for him last season. So, he has nowhere to go but down.

Why do you say it was a career year for him last year?

Bruno
10-18-2009, 06:21 PM
His stats may go up; I already consider the guy a superstar. He'll get that league wide recognition if the Pacers play well and make the playoffs. He is already an absolute monster statistically, he's going infront of Kobe and Dirk and a lot of fantasy basketball circles.

sofargone
10-18-2009, 06:27 PM
He'd be a great second option on any championship team. Put him with a dominating centre or PF and he would go off

Tyreke
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Idk, will he?

Raph12
10-18-2009, 08:43 PM
He is 26 years old and last year he averaged 26 ppg and 5 rpg. Will that be his max ceiling or will he get even better?

Max

VCaintdead17
10-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I think he will. I mean, he really has nothing stopping him. He is already one of the most versatile scorers in the league, and has the potential to be a top defender as well. That plus, his solid rebounding and athleticism, I don't see why he can't.

JordansBulls
10-18-2009, 09:38 PM
He'd be a great second option on any championship team. Put him with a dominating centre or PF and he would go off

So he would be great playing with someone like Dirk then.

FlakeyFool
10-18-2009, 09:44 PM
I think hes hit his ceiling.

VCaintdead17
10-18-2009, 09:56 PM

Idk how you can think he should be a second option. He was top 5 in the league in scoring last season, he's shown that he can carry most of the scoring load. With that said, i think Granger needs a legitimate second scoring option behind him. Someone like Jason Richardson, Rip Hamilton or Micahael Redd would be good.

Sportfan
10-18-2009, 09:59 PM
He already is one in my book

nipo10847
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
He will do better imo. He hasn't hit the peak yet. He will have a monster year this year if stays healthy. I would put him up there with Wade, James, Durant for the scoring title race.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2009, 10:55 PM
he is about as good as he will ever be, which is 2nd tier superstar

kswissdaf
10-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I think he is really good player but I think people overrate him because when you look at his stats he looks like a superstar but he is the only scoring option on his team so he takes a lot of shots

BTownTeamsRKing
10-18-2009, 11:07 PM
he looks like hes on the same path as a young Paul Pierce. both very similar players when u look at there stats and situations.

wonder how long Grainger will carry a bad team until they bring him some real help.

26 ppg is no joke.

dwadefan03
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Danny Granger is a great scorer u cant take away from that. that argument people are making about him carrynig the team because he has no other scoring options is invalid. he had 3 other people on his team last year that avgd in the teens in ppg (TJ ford, Troy Murphy, and Marquis daniels)

However until he creates more of a complete game and gets his teamates involved more (he barely had 3apg last year. if hes gonna be a superstar he needs more than that) hes going to say a 2nd tier star.

Raph12
10-19-2009, 12:49 AM
He is already the second best SF imo, yes even over Melo and Durant. Melo doesn't play good defense consistently and Durant doesn't play it at all. Granger slashes, shoots, gets to the line, plays hard-nosed defense, everything you'd want from a star SF. His passing may improve slightly and his points may increase slightly, other than that, he's at his max.

Replace Pierce with Granger and the Celtics win it all again.

blazerman
10-19-2009, 01:42 AM
It sounds pretty dumb to say a 26 yr old is maxed out and will only go down, not likely. I dont get to see the Pacers much but I follow them and ppg are not everything. Granger could easily get better in other area's and even raise his average too.
Ya know if the pacers get healthy, they may surprise some people and have a breakout yr in a sense and nab the 7th or 8th seed. They would definitely need Murphy Dunleavy and Ford healthy and some continued improvement from Rush and Hibbert along with Granger getting his numbers, ya it's very possible.
I think Hansborough is one of the better rookies this season too.

OA SLAY
10-19-2009, 03:29 AM
Did You Say hes 26!!! Hate the Pacers but DG is the man. too bad they want the recognition as Whitess team in the "L" and he doesnt fit that bill. Hello NY!

Kakaroach
10-19-2009, 10:55 PM
He has the potential to be a superstar for sure. 26 PPG at 26 but of course there's always the argument that he's one a bad team. He's good defensively too, gets blocks and was known to be a defender before he became such a scoring threat. I really Granger, he has a chance to be really good.

sofargone
10-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Idk how you can think he should be a second option. He was top 5 in the league in scoring last season, he's shown that he can carry most of the scoring load. With that said, i think Granger needs a legitimate second scoring option behind him. Someone like Jason Richardson, Rip Hamilton or Micahael Redd would be good.
hed be a good second option cause hes not a dominating player yet. dont even look at last year cause obviously hed carry the scoring load on the pacers last year. if any of the guys you named played for the pacers last year instead of granger then they would probably have had an individual season similar to his (idk about rip but JR and redd probably would have)

ZebraCity916
10-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Why do you say it was a career year for him last year?

Last season was the best season of his career so far.

smith&wesson
10-19-2009, 11:16 PM
granger is a star, maybe not an all star but never the less a star... the kids a stud it just soo happends that he is a small forward and theyre are players like lebron who take his spot,,, dont be suprised if he gets voted in by coaches this year to be an all star behind lebron at the 3.

TannerOwnsDevin
10-19-2009, 11:26 PM
he's a 2nd tier superstar (melo, joe johnson,iguodala,paul pierce etc)

JordansBulls
10-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Did You Say hes 26!!! Hate the Pacers but DG is the man. too bad they want the recognition as Whitess team in the "L" and he doesnt fit that bill. Hello NY!

Yeah, believe he is 26 now.

Raph12
10-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Last season was the best season of his career so far.

LMAO :laugh: makes sense to me...

Oefarmy2005
10-20-2009, 02:02 AM
I think that Durant will be better in the long run. I think that Melo has the "IT" factor over Granger. The only thing keeping Granger from being a superstar is a bad team and lack of leadership. IMO, off course.