PDA

View Full Version : Do you think David Stern is ruining basketball?

D Roses Bulls
10-17-2009, 08:12 PM
A couple years ago it was the swtching of the basketballs which was pointless because when players were starting to become use to them they switched them back up. the suppose fixes which i dont know if its true or not, but everyones blaming stern if there are any. the treatment players such as lebron james, kobe bryant, wade and a couple of other players receive. now the ridiculous replacement refs. not so much the refs themselves even though they are even worse then the regular refs, but the way stern just is throwing out fines if you open your mouth about the replacement refs that he picked to replace the regular refs. its like hes saying if you criticize stern you get fined which is more and more making the nba seem like nazi germany. oh and by the way the fines stern has thrown out to three coaches and teams have totaled 245,000 dollars already and its only preseason. also the new rule chance on how many steps you can take. is stern trying to make sure he can get his golden boy lebron in the finals or something? i dont know, i just think he is ruining the NBA. i use to like him a lot and thought he was the best commish in sports, but now i dont think not so much anymore.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2009, 08:37 PM
The NBA is a business, not a game.

ManRam
10-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't think he's ruining it at all. I think he's done a lot more good than bad actually...

None of those things you said really bother me that much. Why not promote/treat the stars better? They make the league what it is. Who cares about the basketballs? That's certainly not "ruining" basketball. I don't mind the fines either. Gotta have rules, and you have to enforce them or they mean nothing. If you don't fine, then people start saying whatever they want. That's not good. I can keep going...but you get it.

LeonFSU
10-17-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't think he's ruining it at all. I think he's done a lot more good than bad actually...

None of those things you said really bother me that much. Why not promote/treat the stars better? They make the league what it is. Who cares about the basketballs? That's certainly not "ruining" basketball. I don't mind the fines either. Gotta have rules, and you have to enforce them or they mean nothing. If you don't fine, then people start saying whatever they want. That's not good. I can keep going...but you get it.

Of course you do, because you are a Top Original Omniscient Linguist

Punkindrublic03
10-17-2009, 10:42 PM
David Stern should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell

SirCalvin81
10-17-2009, 11:07 PM

damn

asandhu23
10-17-2009, 11:10 PM
of course you do, because you are a top original omniscient linguist

lol tool

Raph12
10-17-2009, 11:13 PM

Woah that's intense dude... maybe you should check-in to some anger mgmt classes... don't kill me lol.

Jacob K.
10-17-2009, 11:14 PM

word it all comes back to $

Twinsfan24
10-17-2009, 11:36 PM

True which is why the game is ruined......It should all be about the competiton not about the money around it. Thats part of what is wrong with America Also. Its all about money not about the Love of the Game anymore......and to me its sad. Once players leave college they could care less what they win(except for a select few) its just about the pay check. If it werent players wouldnt hold out for bigger contracts. The NBA is no where as close as the NFL but both have everything backwards. Rules are meant to control the game not meant to keep so called "superstars in the game." they know the risks when they chose to play. If the rules keep changing to benefit certain teams/players, people will get tired of it and stop watching.

Tyreke
10-18-2009, 02:29 AM
**** Stern!

abe_froman
10-18-2009, 02:37 AM
i dont agree with everythings he's done.but he has done more good than bad and dont really get the amount of hate he gets

Jake & Elwood
10-18-2009, 03:03 AM
Not a big fan of him.

Punkindrublic03
10-18-2009, 05:35 AM
please go to

http://www.sonicsgate.org

Then you will know why I hope david stern should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

Zefflin
10-18-2009, 06:11 AM

Nah, it's both.

#1Mavericksfan
10-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Yes...Stern refuses to let other teams shine it's always Lakers, Celtics, Bull, Spurs that win the titles, I know I will be happy when Stern leaves.

arkanian215
10-18-2009, 11:53 AM
x2. they only care about the money the nba makes. for the most part they couldn't care less what you think.

Hellcrooner
10-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes...Stern refuses to let other teams shine it's always Lakers, Celtics, Bull, Spurs that win the titles, I know I will be happy when Stern leaves.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

celtics and lakers had 70% of thet titles played BEFORE stern came to the league.

The only team Stern hyped yup and helped was the BUlls because he sold they league fate to sonny vacarros and nike product MJ

soundjunkies2
10-18-2009, 12:57 PM

really? The celtics have only won 3 tittle since stern has been commissioner and the bulls haven't won anything in over 10 years. Maybe you should look somewhere else as to why you're team hasn't been winning.

mrblisterdundee
10-18-2009, 01:13 PM
He is a businessman, so of course he's ruining the NBA. I think one of his biggest dick moves was to outlaw players from standing up on the sidelines to cheer their team and jeer the other. If those wealthy people buy tickets right next to a bunch of 6- to 7-foot basketball players, they should expect to have their view blocked every once in a while.

loveofthegame87
10-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Before people start hating david stern you need to look up and see all the things that he has done for the league. I believe he was one of the lawyers that help marge the nba and aba. He also had a hand in drug testing and team salary cap which in that case wouldn't any team win except the lakers and celtics. He also made basketball big around the world through serveral media outlets. His hands has been on the nba since magic and bird til now.

Jakeem
10-18-2009, 01:26 PM
There's a case for Stern as the best commissioner ever in any sport. I disagree with that because Pete Rozelle was the greatest commissioner, in my humble opinion. But Stern is a strong second. He's cleaned up the game more often than not.

daleja424
10-18-2009, 01:47 PM
as both a game and a business he has done more good then bad...

Ironman5219
10-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Stern has done a lot of good things for the NBA, I think he's a great commissioner. He has to make a stand on rules and hand out punishments for those who break the rules. I believe he's done so fairly.
He's cleaned up the image of the NBA from rag tag ganster appeal to professional suits
The ref's hold out for greedy money, he gets replacement ref's.
Someone is out of line, they get fined... players and coaches alike.
The problem with you guys knock'n on him is that your favorite people are getting in troulbe and you don't like the punishments being handed down. How about you hold your dear idol players responsible for their actions before you burn Stern.