PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo for MVP??

AI4MVP
10-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Yes, i do think Rajon Rondo is overrated right now. I think he gets too much credit for what he did in ONE SERIES. BUT....

i will in no way think hes overrated if he picks up where he left off for an entire season. obiously not triple double for the whole year, but floating around those numbers.

ok..whether or not rondo continues what hes been doing, i pick the Celtics to wn the championship this year and be the best team in the NBA.

if my prediction is right, and Rondo averages around 15,10,6, 2 steals , i think he can be in serious consideration for the MVP award.

your thoughts?

abe_froman
10-17-2009, 04:56 PM
joking?

NBAfan4life
10-17-2009, 04:59 PM
I think he has zero chance to be mvp. I guess maybe if dwight LB Dwade Kobe Cp3 carmello and durant all get injured he has a shot

GatorKid117
joking?

^

lakerboy
IMO, he isn't even the MVP of his own team.

SA5195
No.

LakersOrNothing
10-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Rondo is a great player, don't get me wrong... but dood... MVP goes to the best player on the best team in the NBA.. and on the Celtics, KG is the man

Try to get into the All-Stars, get some first-team selections, lead a team as the leader and then we'll put you into consideration

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Yes, i do think Rajon Rondo is overrated right now. I think he gets too much credit for what he did in ONE SERIES. BUT....

i will in no way think hes overrated if he picks up where he left off for an entire season. obiously not triple double for the whole year, but floating around those numbers.

ok..whether or not rondo continues what hes been doing, i pick the Celtics to wn the championship this year and be the best team in the NBA.

if my prediction is right, and Rondo averages around 15,10,6, 2 steals , i think he can be in serious consideration for the MVP award.

your thoughts?

i hate when you people write dum threads and saying rondo is overrated and yet you guys think rose is god! my to cents are both Rondo and Rose are overrated!!!!! and if your a bulls fan who disagrees with me the your an idiots! right now Chris Paul are better than Rondo and rose and like i said before if you disagree then your an idiot!!!

jim51990
10-17-2009, 05:10 PM
williams and parker are also alot better

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:11 PM
joking?

are you jokeing when you think D rose is the greatest thing since slice bread

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:12 PM

true

nikefreek220
10-17-2009, 05:13 PM
i think he has a great shot at MVP.

but thats only if he gets sent down to the D-League, he can be MVP there.

Chicagofaithful
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
rondo < every other pg in the game... MVP of my ***

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
i think he has a great shot at MVP.

but thats only if he gets sent down to the D-League, he can be MVP there.

HAHA:facepalm:

nickster16301
10-17-2009, 05:19 PM
I think you might need to check yourself into a drug rehabilitation center

abe_froman
10-17-2009, 05:20 PM

wtf??

just *****ing to *****?? i mean where is this **** about rose come from,i mean i would get it if i mentioned him in this thread,your rant might approach something even somewhat close to rational..but i didnt

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:21 PM
so wait your one of the few bulls fans thinks D rose is not a mvp player in his career?

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:22 PM
wtf??

just *****ing to *****?? i mean where is this **** about rose come from,i mean i would get it if someone mentioned him in this thread(other than you),your rant might approach something even close to rational..but they didnt

well you think its a joke that rondo could win the mvp

yuns554
10-17-2009, 05:23 PM
so wait your one of the few bulls fans thinks D rose is not a mvp player in his career?

wat are you talking about? no one other than you has even mentioned rose.

Trouble87
10-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Rondo for MVP in 2013 maybe... as for this upcoming season your dreaming

abe_froman
10-17-2009, 05:25 PM
well you think its a joke that rondo could win the mvp

it is,but wtf does that have to do with rose

dude,the leaps of logic your making are just amazing

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:25 PM
it is,but wtf does that have to do with rose

dude,the leaps of logic your making are just amazing

wat are you talking about? no one other than you has even mentioned rose.
ok i admit might of went to far bringing up rose but i gotta defend my player

NYY NYJ NYK
10-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Is this a joke?

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Is this a joke?

it could be? but like i said i gotta defend my player

abe_froman
10-17-2009, 05:33 PM
ok i admit might of went to far bringing up rose but i gotta defend my player

but that has to do with rose how?

and its not really an attack to not think he's gonna win mvp.he's a good player but not an mvp caliber one

NYY NYJ NYK
10-17-2009, 05:37 PM
it could be? but like i said i gotta defend my player

Thats fine but honestly he is not even the MVP of his own team let alone the NBA.

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:42 PM
but that has to do with rose how?

and its not really an attack to not think he's gonna win mvp.he's a good player but not an mvp caliber one

but Rondo can do the stuff and yes hes a little overrated but i think this year he could turn to one of the leagues PG but i agree hes 25% chance of winning the mvp.

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Thats fine but honestly he is not even the MVP of his own team let alone the NBA.
yeah true

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-17-2009, 05:52 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

AntiG
10-17-2009, 05:55 PM
IMO, he isn't even the MVP of his own team.

he was last year throughout the regular and postseason.

RaptorizedKevin
10-17-2009, 05:57 PM
I think you might need to check yourself into a drug rehabilitation center

AGREED / rondo never gonna be mvp. wow. he cant shoot for his life and people think he could be an mvp .. hes not even been an allstar yet. and hes already in the minds of people who think hes going to be an mvp? Wow

The_Mac22
10-17-2009, 06:03 PM
lol

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 06:18 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm: stop stealing my gimmick

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 06:20 PM
AGREED / rondo never gonna be mvp. wow. he cant shoot for his life and people think he could be an mvp .. hes not even been an allstar yet. and hes already in the minds of people who think hes going to be an mvp? Wow

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :pity:

Cubs Win
10-17-2009, 06:22 PM
i hate when you people write dum threads and saying rondo is overrated and yet you guys think rose is god! my to cents are both Rondo and Rose are overrated!!!!! and if your a bulls fan who disagrees with me the your an idiots! right now Chris Paul are better than Rondo and rose and like i said before if you disagree then your an idiot!!!

Yeah! Get pissed about it!

Sportfan
10-17-2009, 06:22 PM
:facepalm:

*Superman*
10-17-2009, 06:25 PM

I will quit watching the NBA if he ever becomes MVP.

toovey107
10-17-2009, 06:27 PM
:laugh2: You actually could comprehend that ?

willthethrill22
10-17-2009, 06:33 PM

same here

toovey107

When you learn how to construct a somewhat grammatically, logical post maybe somebody will take you serious.

Edit: I should probably just highlight the whole post.

Cubs Win

I did my best. :D

ericjrosenberg
10-17-2009, 06:38 PM

1. If Rondo could shoot a lick it is possible. If a selfish prick like Iverson can win it then anyone can.

2. Second if a dork like this guy (ChicagoFaithful, the dork at the Garden wearing a Bulls shirt) can get a hot piece of *** like the chick in the picture with him. THEN ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!

thrilla11
10-17-2009, 06:39 PM
uhmmmmmmmm no :[

fairandbalanced
10-17-2009, 06:41 PM

:box:

SirCalvin81
10-17-2009, 06:50 PM
admit defeat my friend

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 06:51 PM

i will quit watching the NBA if the magic wins the finals:D

Nocioni5
10-17-2009, 06:55 PM

This guy is a joke if anything you just made a *** out of your self by ASSuming that b/c your a bulls fan your automatically a DRose homer and all Bulls fans think DRose is god or the GOAT. And you go talking trash about Bulls fans and Cavs fans being homers, your the biggest homer out there. :facepalm:

Boston-Born
10-17-2009, 06:55 PM
but Rondo can do the stuff and yes hes a little overrated but i think this year he could turn to one of the leagues PG but i agree hes 25% chance of winning the mvp.

Hahaha I'd love to see how you divvy up the other 75% of the voting. Andrea Bargnani - 25%, Roy Hibbert - 25%, and Zach Randolph - 25%

I'm a huge Celts fan, but you're being rediculous

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 06:58 PM

When you learn how to construct a somewhat grammatically, logical post maybe somebody will take you serious.

Edit: I should probably just highlight the whole post.

listen you wannabe boston fans! im just telling the truth ik rondo is a little overrated but rose is to but you guys treat Rose like he is god

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Hahaha I'd love to see how you divvy up the other 75% of the voting. Andrea Bargnani - 25%, Roy Hibbert - 25%, and Zach Randolph - 25%

I'm a huge Celts fan, but you're being rediculous
i agree man the other 75% is Lebrona and Kobe you :eyebrow:

Nocioni5
10-17-2009, 07:03 PM
listen you wannabe boston fans! im just telling the truth ik rondo is a little overrated but rose is to but you guys treat Rose like he is god

The only person talking about or bringing Rose in the conversation is you.:confused: You must have some sort of love hate fascination/obsession with him?

iggypop123
10-17-2009, 07:05 PM
rondo mvp :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

rapswin98
10-17-2009, 07:14 PM

Nocioni5
10-17-2009, 07:15 PM
i agree man the other 75% is Lebrona and Kobe you :eyebrow:

Are you really the real Rajon Rondo and can't get over the block/rejection Derrick Rose gave you last year in the playoffs? SO you decided to make a PSD account hate bulls fans and Cavs fans regardless of there opinion.

Jamiecballer
10-17-2009, 07:38 PM
hey if Steve Nash can win MVP anything is possible.......

dtmagnet
10-17-2009, 07:57 PM
He won't put those numbers up.

bigsams50
10-17-2009, 08:04 PM
First you say he's overrated, now MVP?

Jamiecballer
10-17-2009, 08:10 PM
^ Are you daft sir? Steve Nash deserved at least his first MVP. But, seriously the MVP will come down to Michael Sweetney, Jerome James, Jannero Pargo, Eddie House, and Brian Scalbrine.

so he went from a solid point guard to god on the flight from Dallas to Phoenix? give me a break. and i suppose Chris Duhon would have had 22 assists in a game last year had he stayed in Chicago.

greg_ory_2005
10-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Sean Mayne hasn't retired yet, so Rondo has NO shot. :pity:

bal_ravens
10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Maybe this should just be moved to the Celtics section. Highly unlikely this will happen.

magichatnumber9
10-17-2009, 08:49 PM
When will Chicago just let it ****ing go. It was a good series but you lost, and that was last season.

ManRam
10-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Not really in the mood to join in on the ridiculous banter...

But I will say this. There is no "big three". Rondo is far more important to Boston than Allen is, and perhaps even Pierce. I think he could very well end up being the #1 MVP candidate on the Celtics...but no Celtic will sniff winning the MVP award this year.

He's so hated, that he has gone from being overrated by some, to underrated by most everyone. I think he's the best PG in the East, and I'm dead serious.

J_M_B
10-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Rajon Rondo isn't even the best player on his team. What makes you think he can be the MVP?

*Superman*
10-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Not really in the mood to join in on the ridiculous banter...

But I will say this. There is no "big three". Rondo is far more important to Boston than Allen is, and perhaps even Pierce. I think he could very well end up being the #1 MVP candidate on the Celtics...but no Celtic will sniff winning the MVP award this year.

He's so hated, that he has gone from being overrated by some, to underrated by most everyone. I think he's the best PG in the East, and I'm dead serious.

Im sorry ManRam, but that deserves a :facepalm: Really, i want to hear how he is better then Harris, Rose, Nelson, Mo Williams etc.

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Then get ready to quit buddy.:cool:
ah no that wont happen:rolleyes:

chicago lulz
10-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Wait...but Rose is God...GOAT...Future HOF...best player in the league...

/sarcasm

sofargone
10-17-2009, 10:18 PM
i dont understand how Rondo can be an MVP when there are so many better players in the league. Kobe, Lebron, Paul, Howard, and Duncan are better and have a better chance to win it. DP&Youks about to get banned by the looks of it.

blazerman
10-17-2009, 10:22 PM
That would be amazing if he did but it's not gonna happen. Im sure he has a good season though.

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 10:34 PM
i dont understand how Rondo can be an MVP when there are so many better players in the league. Kobe, Lebron, Paul, Howard, and Duncan are better and have a better chance to win it. DP&Youks about to get banned by the looks of it.
im just defending my player

sofargone
10-17-2009, 10:38 PM
im just defending my player

do you think he will win MVP next year? If not, then what are you defending?

ManRam
10-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Im sorry ManRam, but that deserves a :facepalm: Really, i want to hear how he is better then Harris, Rose, Nelson, Mo Williams etc.

Jameer is my boy...and if healthy, he gives him a run for his money.

Harris is good, but a terribly inefficient scorer. Rondo is a 50% shooter...and for a PG, that's amazing. Rose is a rookie, and someday might be the best, but not right now. Mo Williams...really?

Rondo is a phenomenal defender...easily the best in the East. He knows his weaknesses, three point shooting, and doesn't do it...unlike Harris and Rose who jack up bad shots left and right. He is an amazing passer. He's an amazing rebounder...easily the best rebounding PG. His all around game is better than any other PG in the East. I stand by that.

DP&Youk1520
10-17-2009, 10:40 PM
do you think he will win MVP next year? If not, then what are you defending? oh come on

Bulls_fan90
10-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Smush Parker > Rondo

SA5195
10-17-2009, 11:09 PM
On a team with KG, Allen, Pierce, and Sheed, I doubt it.

But on positive side, I think if he does then Stern will get fired. :D

bigsams50
10-17-2009, 11:18 PM
do you think he will win MVP next year? If not, then what are you defending?

He's just defending his teams PG, its not fair when someone makes a thread like this because its only going to lead to bashing. Someone has to defend him. You cant blame a celtics fan for that

Raph12
10-17-2009, 11:21 PM
He's the 4th and I'd like to argue 5th, best player on that very loaded Celtics roster he wouldn't win MVP even if the Celts do win the league's best record.

Skillwise: KG>Pierce>Allen>Sheed>Rondo

15-10-6-2 would be impossible for him to avg throughout a season. Playing time will be a big difference; he won't get 15 points because there will not be enough shots to go around; 10 rebounds is way out of the question with KG's return and Sheed coming to town; 6 assists, well it's doable, but playing time will be a factor; 2 steals, who cares, gambling on defense isn't the greatest feat to be proud of, unless he can do it efficiently. I predict more of a 10-4-4-1 season for Rondo, in which case MVP is not happening.

theimortalone
10-17-2009, 11:29 PM
What is with your threads AI? :facepalm:

Rondo will not win MVP in Boston with the Big 3 there.

But good try! :rolleyes:

Nocioni5
10-18-2009, 12:04 AM

The PSD:pray: will be answered!

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 12:14 AM
The PSD:pray: will be answered! :pity:

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 12:14 AM
He's just defending his teams PG, its not fair when someone makes a thread like this because its only going to lead to bashing. Someone has to defend him. You cant blame a celtics fan for that:clap:

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 12:18 AM
He's the 4th and I'd like to argue 5th, best player on that very loaded Celtics roster he wouldn't win MVP even if the Celts do win the league's best record.

Skillwise: KG>Pierce>Allen>Sheed>Rondo

15-10-6-2 would be impossible for him to avg throughout a season. Playing time will be a big difference; he won't get 15 points because there will not be enough shots to go around; 10 rebounds is way out of the question with KG's return and Sheed coming to town; 6 assists, well it's doable, but playing time will be a factor; 2 steals, who cares, gambling on defense isn't the greatest feat to be proud of, unless he can do it efficiently. I predict more of a 10-4-4-1 season for Rondo, in which case MVP is not happening.
Ralph12 has a good point

Ray_R
10-18-2009, 12:20 AM

1. Derrick rose isnt god he just the bulls savior.

2. Slice Bread is overratted

3. P.s b4 you go out calling people idiots you might want to check your grammar.

Rondo is a good player but he isnt MVPmaterial when ur team consist of Pierce,Allen,KG he has asmuch chances of winning MVP then me wining Mcdonalds Monopoly.

Zefflin
10-18-2009, 12:22 AM
RR will never, ever, ever, ever become an MVP of any sort.

sofargone
10-18-2009, 12:25 AM

3. P.s b4 you go out calling people idiots you might want to check your grammar.

Rondo is a good player but he isnt MVPmaterial when ur team consist of Pierce,Allen,KG he has asmuch chances of winning MVP then me wining Mcdonalds Monopoly.
nochos de PASION!!!!!

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 12:25 AM
RR will never, ever, ever, ever become an MVP of any sort.
celtics mvp

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 12:40 AM

nochos de PASION!!!!!

:facepalm: both of you

sofargone
10-18-2009, 12:42 AM
:facepalm: both of you

lol why would you facepalm me when im just commenting on the guys sig? its a sketch from conan obrien and i was happy to see someone else who like it...youre a weird kid. stop patrolling this thread.

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 12:58 AM
lol why would you facepalm me when im just commenting on the guys sig? its a sketch from conan obrien and i was happy to see someone else who like it...youre a weird kid. stop patrolling this thread.
Like i said im defending my player thats why in on this thread! i guess wont like my sig

sofargone
10-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Like i said im defending my player thats why in on this thread! i guess wont like my sig

dude the guy you quoted never bashed rondo he said he was a good player not MVP quality though considering his team... do you even read the posts you quote? nice sig by the way im a raptors fan though so it doesnt really make sense.

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 01:09 AM
:surrender:

whitesox1991
10-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Rondo for MVP? Not sure about that. He is no Derrick Rose.

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Rondo for MVP? Not sure about that. He is no Derrick Rose.

whitesox1991
10-18-2009, 01:30 AM

What?

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 01:33 AM
What?
never mind

EternalLakeShow
10-18-2009, 01:49 AM
rondo just isnt mvp calibur and i doubt he ever shale be

bears88
10-18-2009, 02:07 AM
hell ****ing no overrated dirty *** scrub Hell ****ing no

1-800-STFU
10-18-2009, 02:16 AM
hell ****ing no overrated dirty *** scrub Hell ****ing no

Tell us how you really feel

JJ_JKidd
10-18-2009, 02:30 AM

your thoughts?

The owners of PSD should not allow kids to post here. Thats my thought. :clap:

Tyreke
10-18-2009, 02:30 AM

zambo4president
10-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Rondo isn't ****.

oballers
10-18-2009, 02:49 AM
I think its possible. But a couple of stars have to line up properly for it to happen. For example:

1. We'd have to be talking about a game that he is playing in his driveway with friends and/or relatives. (Even then it would depend on who his friends are.)

2. MVP would have to stand for something completely different than "Most Valuable Player."

3. The 50 or so players that are currently ahead of him in the MVP race would need to die.

4. A rule would need to be instituted that the MVP must go to a player not named Garnett, Allen or Pierce on the Celtics... even then Rashweed would give him a run for his money.

I am sure there are other things that could make it happen. But my feeling is that if 1 or more of these were to occur, then he'd have a real honest shot at it.

Toenail Clipper
10-18-2009, 03:06 AM

LMAO
high five

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 04:16 AM
wait wait wait wait. i expected to get hate from posting this thread, but not THIS MUCH.

i understand how many people think Rondo is overrated, and at this point right now ill admit im one of them..

but are you guys seriously telling me that if the celtics finish with the best record in the NBA, and Rondo averages a near triple double or Jason-Kidd-in-his-prime like numbers, that he wont be in the MVP discussion???!?! seriously guys? listen to yourselves. how can a guy that averages a near triple double for an entire season and is onn the best team in the league NOT be in the MVP race.

i really hope everyone that replied with a "facepalm" facepalmed themselves extremey hard because u deserved to be slapped

abe_froman
10-18-2009, 04:27 AM
wait wait wait wait. i expected to get hate from posting this thread, but not THIS MUCH.

i understand how many people think Rondo is overrated, and at this point right now ill admit im one of them..

but are you guys seriously telling me that if the celtics finish with the best record in the NBA, and Rondo averages a near triple double or Jason-Kidd-in-his-prime like numbers, that he wont be in the MVP discussion???!?! seriously guys? listen to yourselves. how can a guy that averages a near triple double for an entire season and is onn the best team in the league NOT be in the MVP race.

i really hope everyone that replied with a "facepalm" facepalmed themselves extremey hard because u deserved to be slapped
well to be fair jason kidd in his prime didnt win mvp either so(who btw only finished in the top 5 voting once in his career.so yeah,putting up kidd like numbers doesnt make you a serious mvp candidate,just ask jason kidd)...

but guys more likely to win mvp: parker,cp3,deron,billups...and that's just pg.i havent even gotten to lebron,kobe,wade,howard,ect.,ect.ect.

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 04:49 AM
well jason kidd in his prime didnt win mvp either so...(is really is it that crazy to say its not enough to get it?)

u people dont read carefully at what the thread says. u just read the title and assume im saying rajon rondo will win mvp and its not debateable and blah blah blah.

i said if he does what he did in the playoffs for an entire season, he will be up for CONSIDERATION.

im not saying "from what weve seen in rondo in the regulr season hes MVP"

i said if he does what he does in the playoffs(average a near triple freaking double), for an entire season,(remember..NEAR triple double), will he be up for MVP consideration. and the no-brainer answer is YES!

go to anyone in the world that knows about basketball. dont mention the players name, just ask the simple question.."if there was a player that averaged a near triple double and his team had the best record in the NBA, do you think that player is an MVP candidate". i guarantee you anybody would say yes.

maybe theres just a bias about rondo that everyone thinks hes overrated. i do think hes overrated at this point because he hasnt proved it to me enough, but like im repeating to you guys for the millionth time because obvioulsy all u do is read the title and facepalm, im saying if he does what he did in the playoffs for an entire regualr season, is he an MVP candidate, and the undebateable answer is yes.

the only reason i should get any hate for this thread is because its so obvious that the answer is yes that is stupid for the question to even be asked.

in the playoffs the dude averaged 16.9 ppg 9.8 apg 9.7 rpg...thats 17ppg 10 apg 10rpg

trust me if you guys dont know, that gets you automatic MVP candidacy if you hover around that for a whole regular season.

so you guys can facepalm all u want, but if you guys really think that if someone who averages 17 10 10 throughout a whole regular season isnt an MVP candidate, i facepalm you right back..

Ray_R
10-18-2009, 11:21 AM
LMAO
high five

x3:cheers:

Ray_R
10-18-2009, 11:23 AM
oh come on

thats a great way to defend your player

*Superman*
10-18-2009, 11:26 AM
ah no that wont happen:rolleyes:

Dude your pathetic, get off Rondo's nuts, people can say whatever they want about the C's and you can't change that.

Its so sad that half of your posts are facepalm cause you got nothing to say.

loveofthegame87
10-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Let's be serious for a second if rondo does avg numbers like that for a whole season he will be consider but he won't. The only reason that he avg. that during the bull series was because no one else to back him up and he had to play a lot of minutes. The players that they have and the additions of wallace and daniels it just won't happen. Plus there are too many other players that I believe are ahead of him in mvp considerations.

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 12:29 PM
LMAO
high five :facepalm:

magichatnumber9
10-18-2009, 12:33 PM

i really hope everyone that replied with a "facepalm" facepalmed themselves extremey hard because u deserved to be slappedBoston Bashing is the new trend on the streets.

Super.
10-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Depends on the numbers he puts up.

but i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt it.

about .01% he wins it

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Dude your pathetic, get off Rondo's nuts, people can say whatever they want about the C's and you can't change that.

Its so sad that half of your posts are facepalm cause you got nothing to say. Superman12
im just defending my player! also and you say its sad that half of mine posts are facepalm cause i got nothing to say? well what about your posts? Half of them about your man crush on Vince Carter and the magic. i sad to much did i:D

*Superman*
10-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Superman12
im just defending my player! also and you say its sad that half of mine posts are facepalm cause i got nothing to say? well what about your posts? Half of them about your man crush on Vince Carter and the magic. i sad to much did i:D

Well your not doing a good job of it if all you can to is facepalm everyone's comment's. And your pissing everyone off not just me. Ok i know i am a Magic fan, whats your point, i can't talk about the Magic or VC anymore?

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Well your not doing a good job of it if all you can to is facepalm everyone's comment's. And your pissing everyone off not just me. Ok i know i am a Magic fan, whats your point, i can't talk about the Magic or VC anymore? no you can still say that its just im sick of all this celtics bashing we won title since 86 and yet we still get trashed. why do you hate the celtics is ti because the celtics fans cant get happy or is it the city of boston?

ko8e24
10-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Rondo>God

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Rondo>God

um... i got nothing

*Superman*
10-18-2009, 01:28 PM
no you can still say that its just im sick of all this celtics bashing we won title since 86 and yet we still get trashed. why do you hate the celtics is ti because the celtics fans cant get happy or is it the city of boston?

Your posts are kinda hard to understand so I think you are asking me why I hate Boston?? I don't hate Boston, you probably think i am lying but i don't. I have never been to Boston so I can't say i hate the city. The only person that pissed me off that was a Boston fan was Craigthesox fan which got me labeled as a "Boston hater".

All i am saying is that it is kinda ridiculous that you keep facepalming everyone's comments. I think their is way better talent out their then Rondo being MVP.

mjt20mik
10-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Rondo>God

lawl.

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 02:20 PM
yeah thats right everyone shut up

whitesox1991
10-18-2009, 03:06 PM

It's funny how a forum can make you hate a player. I never had a problem with Rondo, but DP&Youk's annoying homer posts made me dislike him. If he never posted in this thread, there would be a lot less "hating" on Rondo.

"ya bro rondo is good but rose is overrated"
"Uh, this thread isn't even about Rose. Why did you even bring him up?"
"man im just defending my player!! why is everybody hating so hard on the celtics and rondo!!"

yuns554
10-18-2009, 03:11 PM
It's funny how a forum can make you hate a player. I never had a problem with Rondo, but DP&Youk's annoying homer posts made me dislike him. If he never posted in this thread, there would be a lot less "hating" on Rondo.

"man im just defending my player!! why is everybody hating so hard on the celtics and rondo!!"

amen to that

bigsams50
10-18-2009, 03:15 PM

? Rondo gets bashed here no matter what he does. Every celtic thread ends up with them getting bashed.

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
u guys serioulsy have no good argument. if u honestly think that a person that averages 17 10 and 10 throught a whole season and is on the team with the best record isnt an MVP candidate then u know nothing about basketball

pedrofan45
10-18-2009, 03:25 PM
rondo has potential to be an mvp, anyone who says he doesn't have a chance of an mvp ever is just a hater, he could end up being like steve nash (mvp) he lead the celtics when kg was down, he showed some great leadership skills in the playoffs and i think he could end up an all-star this coming year... however, i don't think that he's ready to be crowned mvp yet, in a few years maybe... anyone who says he has a zero chance, clearly didn't watch him in the playoffs last year

whitesox1991
10-18-2009, 03:30 PM
u guys serioulsy have no good argument. if u honestly think that a person that averages 17 10 and 10 throught a whole season and is on the team with the best record isnt an MVP candidate then u know nothing about basketball

Wow, what are you talking about? You Celtics fans wonder why people hate on you, but you bring it upon yourself when you say stupid things like this. I feel bad for the intelligent celtics fans that are on this forum. You select few give them a bad name.

NOBODY said that they don't think he would be considered for MVP if he averaged 17 10 and 10 for a whole season. You just pulled that out of your ***. If any player averaged a triple double for the season, of course they would be an MVP candidate. I'm pretty sure nobody disagreed with that during this thread though.

yuns554
10-18-2009, 03:38 PM

Ur argument sucks too.. ur just statin hypothetical things, he hasnt averaged 17 10 and 10 in the season so I dont know what your talking about. Stop being a homer..

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Wow, what are you talking about? You Celtics fans wonder why people hate on you, but you bring it upon yourself when you say stupid things like this. I feel bad for the intelligent celtics fans that are on this forum. You select few give them a bad name.

NOBODY said that they don't think he would be considered for MVP if he averaged 17 10 and 10 for a whole season. You just pulled that out of your ***. If any player averaged a triple double for the season, of course they would be an MVP candidate. I'm pretty sure nobody disagreed with that during this thread though.

um yeah im pretty sure they did. the original thread said that if he did wat he did in the playoffs then would he be considered an mvp candidate, and everyone facepamled and called me an idiot, so maybe you shud read the whole thing bfore commenting

btw im not a celtics fan. not everyone in the world has to be a homer.

yuns554
10-18-2009, 03:40 PM
If Kwame Brown averages 30 points and 13 rebounds with 3 blocks he could be the MVP..

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Ur argument sucks too.. ur just statin hypothetical things, he hasnt averaged 17 10 and 10 in the season so I dont know what your talking about. Stop being a homer..

well he did do it in the playoffs, so since noone actually read the original post, im saying if he hovers around what he did in the playoffs, will he be an candidate

and im not a celts fan

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:41 PM
If Kwame Brown averages 30 points and 13 rebounds with 3 blocks he could be the MVP..

good one. plese tell me when youve seen kwame brown do anything near that for an extended period of time??

rajon rondo avgered 17 10 10 throught the whole playoffs.

whitesox1991
10-18-2009, 03:42 PM
um yeah im pretty sure they did. the original thread said that if he did wat he did in the playoffs then would he be considered an mvp candidate, and everyone facepamled and called me an idiot, so maybe you shud read the whole thing bfore commenting

btw im not a celtics fan. not everyone in the world has to be a homer.

your thoughts?

Hmm, okay. I guess that means 17, 10, and 10 though.

abe_froman
10-18-2009, 03:45 PM
well he did do it in the playoffs, so since noone actually read the original post, im saying if he hovers around what he did in the playoffs, will he be an candidate

and im not a celts fan

and we keep telling you.no,he wouldnt be

...but you for whatever reason seem to not accept that

AI4MVP
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
i said floating around those numbers. and 15 points, ten assits, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals is good enough to be mvp if u have the best team in the league. steve nash did it(and very desirvingly) with those numbers.

and we keep te3lling you.no,he wouldnt be

and i keep telling u that he, yes. if he put up those numbers he will be

yuns554
10-18-2009, 03:51 PM
i said floating around those numbers. and 15 points, ten assits, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals is good enough to be mvp if u have the best team in the league. steve nash did it(and very desirvingly) with those numbers.

and i keep telling u that he, yes. if he put up those numbers he will be

Yes obviously if he put up a triple-double he would be a candidate but its still a hypothetical situation.

DP&Youk1520
10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
well im done with this thread

Nocioni5
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
? Rondo gets bashed here no matter what he does. Every celtic thread ends up with them getting bashed.

Maybe b/c DP&Youk1520 post on all the celtic or Rondo threads.

bigsams50
10-18-2009, 06:21 PM
^ I was talkin about the celtics gettin bashed

ElMarroAfamado
10-18-2009, 08:26 PM
this is the worst thread in the history of this website

mikantsass
10-18-2009, 08:51 PM
The NBA is too marketing savy/money hungry to give an MVP to anyone not named Lebron, Kobe or Dwayne. Sorry Celtics fans but there is ZERO chance of Rondo winning an MVP. There is also ZERO chance of Rondo averageing a Triple Double

magichatnumber9
10-18-2009, 09:11 PM
If Dirk, and Nash can get an MVP anyone has a chance.

magichatnumber9
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
That last post was a joke by the way, I am a huge fan of Dirk and Nash. Sorry Rondo you will never win an MVP

theuuord
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm late, but I'll do this anyway.

Harris is good, but a terribly inefficient scorer.

wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Rondo is a 50% shooter...and for a PG, that's amazing.

lol it's not amazing when you can't make threes or free throws.
Harris's true shooting percentage is 56.3%. Rondo's is 54.3%. Harris has one of the biggest offensive loads in the NBA. Rondo is the fourth option on a great team and has never even held an average usage rate.
Harris is a better scorer, plain and simple.

Rondo is a phenomenal defender...easily the best in the East.

Probably true as far as PG's go.

He knows his weaknesses, three point shooting, and doesn't do it...unlike Harris and Rose who jack up bad shots left and right.

Harris doesn't jack up bad shots. His job is the dribble drive offense.
Having a limitation doesn't make you a better player if other players are more efficient when they extend beyond your limitations.

He is an amazing passer.

He is a good passer. Harris is also a good passer. Rondo only had a 5% higher assist rate while playing with three proficient scorers around him. The difference is insignificant.

He's an amazing rebounder...easily the best rebounding PG.

Jason Kidd has a higher rebound rate. Rondo is 3rd in defensive rebound rate and 4th in offensive rebound rate.
He's one of the best but not "easily" the best rebounder.

His all around game is better than any other PG in the East. I stand by that.

And what you stand by is incorrect.

MackSnackWrap
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Hell Naw MVP?:facepalm:

69centers
10-18-2009, 09:55 PM

One word, one answer:

J E A L O U S Y

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

ElMarroAfamado
10-18-2009, 10:02 PM
not really....its funny no one seems to bring up the fact that in the playoffs
teams would leave rondo WIDE OPEN ...because they know he cant shoot and he still didnt shoot the ball...and just tried to over pass or he would force up a layup and miss horribly....
the shots he did make were usually with 1 second on the shot clock and he had no other choice....

mvp?
maybe of the nbdl
and thats MAYBE

theimortalone
10-18-2009, 10:10 PM
If Dirk, and Nash can get an MVP anyone has a chance.

:pity:

theimortalone
10-18-2009, 10:14 PM
AI4MVP, Rondo will not average a triple double. He would pretty much have to have the greatest season ever to manage that. The only guy I could see averaging a triple double is Lebron James. Rondo won't.

Chronz
10-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Rondo is underrated defensively IMO

sofargone
10-19-2009, 12:22 AM
:pity:

did you not read the post he made directly below that one?

Raph12
10-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Rondo is one of, if not, the best defensive PG in the league IMO, but as far as his offense goes, he is limited; sort of like the Dwight Howard of PGs (has a poor offensive game and a great defensive game, not in the domination sense).

East's Top 3 PGs Currently: Harris>Rondo>Rose
Leaguewide: Paul>Williams>Billups>Parker>Harris>Kidd>Rondo>Rose

Who knows what this season will have in store?

bostncelts34
10-19-2009, 12:50 AM
God im a huge rajon rondo fan, i think he will put up stellar numbers. But he has a 0.0000000000001% chance of being MVP. Man, hes the 3rd best player on our own team, nevermind the league. Its people like who you make Rajon seem so over rated. He is a very good, and young pg with loads of potential playing in a good system.

Halladay
10-19-2009, 12:50 AM

The bias is strong in this one...

AI4MVP
10-19-2009, 02:04 AM
the statement was hypothetical anyways. it doesnt matter. we all know in theback of our minds that brandon jennings is going to win mvp

yes its a joke calm down

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 02:42 AM
i see since i was gone theres been some bias going on

Lizard King
10-19-2009, 02:45 AM

Who brought up Rose?

Uhh...nobody besides you. When you have haters like this *****, you know you're doing something right.

Rose > your life and your spelling/grammar

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Who brought up Rose?

Uhh...nobody besides you. When you have haters like this *****, you know you're doing something right.

Rose > your life and your spelling/grammar

1st off he did start this rose vs rondo thing which is stupid!

2nd off! Haters? if you say hes a hater then you must be a hater to he hates rose and you hate rondo so basically your the same as DP&Youk! so both of you are haters!

now how about that for my return

Lizard King
10-19-2009, 03:02 AM

2nd off! Haters? if you say hes a hater then you must be a hater to he hates rose and you hate rondo so basically your the same as DP&Youk! so both of you are haters!

Wait wait wait...this should be good...how am I a Rondo hater?

Nocioni5
10-19-2009, 03:04 AM

Well for beginners, he never mentioned rondo anywhere in his post so it is unfair to assume that he hates rondo or is a rondo hater. Just because you support rose or are a Bulls fan doesn't mean you automatically have to hate rondo or have the inability to acknowledge his skills and abilities. Please try to return again just make sure your fully awake from hibernation. :yawn:

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Well for beginners, he never mentioned rondo anywhere in his post so it is unfair to assume that he hates rondo or is a rondo hater. Just because you support rose or are a Bulls fan doesn't mean you automatically have to hate rondo or have the inability to acknowledge his skills and abilities. Please try to return again just make sure your fully awake from hibernation. :yawn:
OH REALLY! :pity: your just backing one of your conrads as for me i back no one! and your little logic means nothing so nice try!

Lizard King
10-19-2009, 03:10 AM
OH REALLY! :pity: your just backing one of your conrads as for me i back no one! and you little logic means nothing so nice try!

He makes sense and can back his **** up, unlike you. You just assumed I was a Rondo hater lol. :facepalm:

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 03:15 AM
He makes sense and can back his **** up, unlike you. You just assumed I was a Rondo hater lol. :facepalm:

lets just stay on topic! this is will rondo be mvp? not whos the hater and whos not! and your facepalm is pathetic and this facepalm thing is getting old :yawn:

Lizard King
10-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Just admit you made an assumption and that you're wrong and I'm right. We already know it's the truth, but I want you to admit it.

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 07:53 AM
i admit to nothing

jmastert
10-19-2009, 08:41 AM
zero.... rondo is a *****

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 08:56 AM
zero.... rondo is a ***** interesting :pity:

sofargone
10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
interesting :pity:

oh god hes back

miller74
10-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Hes not even the most valuable to his team, maybe 3rd most valuable to his team

Lizard King
10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
i admit to nothing

Enjoy being a ***** for the rest of your life then.

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Enjoy being a ***** for the rest of your life then.

just quit your not going to win!

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 05:07 PM
oh god hes back thats right

sofargone
10-19-2009, 05:09 PM
just quit your not going to win!

and rondo wont win MVP hes the 4th option on his team

CraigtheSoxFan
10-19-2009, 05:23 PM
rondo will win MVP when craigthesoxfan learns better grammar.

sofargone ik im bad but man you like to start trouble

bigsams50
10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
How is this thread still open

Ray_R
10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
God im a huge rajon rondo fan, i think he will put up stellar numbers. But he has a 0.0000000000001% chance of being MVP. Man, hes the 3rd best player on our own team, nevermind the league. Its people like who you make Rajon seem so over rated. He is a very good, and young pg with loads of potential playing in a good system.

Thank you u shouldof said this long time ago:clap:

smith&wesson
10-19-2009, 10:06 PM
obviously alot of people disagree that he can't be mvp this year, but im giving you some reasoning as to why i think he wont be considered.

cp3, d will are point guards that you can qualify being in the mvp race because they are the best players on theyre teams and are truelly the first options on theyre respective teams.

rondo is the fourth option on his team. rondo has blossomed in to a fine player and point guard but alot of that credit goes to the super star vets on his team that made him alot better. For that reason even if boston has the best record in the league ( which is possible ) mvp will be credited to one of the big three, rondo is simply not the leader of his team.

daleja424
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
he might be the most over rated player I have ever seen. A guy who has never scored more then 12 ppg in his career is gunna win an MVP... GTFO!

Mendozer17
10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
even if he got 15 ppg 10 assists and 6 reb he wouldnt win....dont you need to be the best player on your own team first? lol

NYY NYJ NYK
10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
ROFL he is not going to win MVP.

effen5
10-21-2009, 01:17 AM
In before lock

CraigtheSoxFan
10-21-2009, 01:37 AM
why is this stupid thread still open

nstachowski
10-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Not a chance :eyebrow:

GiantMetKnick
10-21-2009, 02:07 AM
You have to look at the context of those numbers, not just the numbers. When playing alongside guys like Allen, Pierce, and KG, its easier to get assists (better scoring options to pass to), points (defenses on focusing on stopping the other players), and overall, you can have more energy for defense when the other guys are carrying the load. An MVP is the team's most valuable player, not the guy who puts up the best stats (which he still probably won't do).

No way, not with Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Chauncey Billups in this league.

BoltLakerPadre
10-21-2009, 02:32 AM

A. D Rose is awesome.
B. Why bring that up? He did have a historic rookie showing in the playoffs, so I understand the attention, but this isn't about him.
and
C. How can you be MVP of the league when you aren't even likely to be the MVP of your team?

ElMarroAfamado
10-21-2009, 03:22 AM
why bring up Rose?
but since someone did
Rose is a way better PG than Rondo....
Rose has what it takes to lead a team....and be the main guy of the franchise

Rondo.......well
he lays the ball up? dunks oh and he dishes out cool passes!

Tribe
10-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Maybe a team MVP not even close to league MVP

GeneWaldron#5
10-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Rondo seems to split opinion on here more than most. Some think he's under-rated, some think he's over-rated, personally I sit somewhere in the middle. For starters he's not got a chance of winning the league MVP in the next few years. That doesn't, though, make him a bad player. No matter who you've got on your team, to be the starting point guard on a championship team in your second season you must be able to play. Also, any player who more or less averages a triple double through the play-offs can play. Going back to the original question, if he were to put up that 17 10 and 10 across 82 games he would be in the discussion for MVP without a doubt. He won't though. I think he will have a great year and may even sneak an All NBA 2nd team place but that is at best. If he can add that elusive jumpshot to his game he will elevate to the next level. Whether he can do that or not remains to be seen. Whatever he acheives in the next couple of years, though, will be put down because of who he is playing with. I guess we will just have to wait and see whether he can be the top player on a top team, because at the minute KG is still the man in Boston, and there are still a number of PG's ahead of him at this present moment.

SchyGuy11
10-21-2009, 09:40 AM
may be the stupidest thing i've ever heard. If he messes with hinrich again he is gonna get his *** beat!

Ace33Bone
10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I think that Rondo is improving year by year but I doubt that he will ever be in any serious MVP talk... it is kind of hard to be in MVP talk when you have 3 future HOFers playing with you and then another guy who was a perenial All Star in Rasheed

Double_R
10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA at this thread

Gibby23
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM

If you mean Mo Williams, he is not better than Rondo.

Gibby23
10-21-2009, 11:52 AM
He could win DPOY.

Raph12
10-21-2009, 11:53 AM
If you mean Mo Williams, he is not better than Rondo.

I'm sure he means Deron Williams dude, not Mo, Mo isn't even a Top 15 PG imo.

bagwell368
10-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Well, he isn't going to win, that's for sure, but could he get votes, yes...

#1. He's playing for a contract.
#2. He does collect a lot of raw stats - points, rebounds, assists. He may lead the league in triple doubles. Given that most of them will be 11/10/10 and that its not that key a stats, it doesn't mean that much, but some voters could be impressed.
#3. He has worked very hard in the off season to correct his biggest flaw - shooting. I expect his shooting to go from poor to below average.
#4. He plays D a lot different and a lot better with good bigs behind him. With his rebounds, steals, etc. he could end up being in the top 15 in defensive stats - like win shares and defensive rating. He may have the best bigs behind him this year he is ever going to have.
#5. The big 3 are slowing down, I expect all of them to log less minutes this year, so he will in fact shine brighter.
#6. If the Celts stay healthy, they should win north of 62 games, so the TV and media spotlight will remain on them all year unlike some other teams that nobody pays attention to.

I expect him to finish between 7-13 in the voting if he stays healthy a big if as he got crushed twice last night against the Knicks.

The[chi][town]
10-21-2009, 12:29 PM
how are you going to tell me someone averaging 12ppg 8 ast and 5 reb is going to be mvp

j-mart
10-21-2009, 01:52 PM
MVP of what?