PDA

View Full Version : Waiver Wire Drops & Pickups of 2009-2010

Sports Illustrator
10-17-2009, 02:18 PM
The 2009-2010 NBA season will be starting very soon. In here we can discuss which players may be in the waiver wire pool throughout the season, players who will begin in the waiver wire pool and then become solid players and etc. We can also use this thread in case if anyone needs help or advice on which players they should pick-up or which players should be dropped and etc. This is a very important part of fantasy basketball and can tremendously help you if you are using it the right way.

meiklwhite
10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
these players are intriguing waiver wire options at the moment IMO...

channing frye
jason thompson
anthony morrow
brandan haywood
kendrick perkins
shane battier
kenyon martin
andres nocioni

Sports Illustrator
10-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Jason Thompson is already a set starting PF and one of the biggest sleepers in fantasy basketball. I do not view him as a waiver wire player.

The same thing could be said about Anthony Morrow although is is uncertain what his role will be in GS. His value also depends on Stephen Jackson. I would say pick him up if he is available.

KingsOfQueens
11-01-2009, 10:59 AM
I would say Courtney Lee.

Anyway, I need some advice...

I have Chris Kaman, Shawn Marion, and Mike Miller on my team and they're all doing great so far. But should I trade all of them before Blake Griffin, Josh Howard, and Antawn Jamison return from injuries?

Stunner
11-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Frye for Morrow?

kEviN21
11-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Frye is solid I would keep him

Sports Illustrator
11-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Frye for Morrow?

It depends on your team needs. However, the better or higher ranked fantasy player numbers wise is Anthony Morrow.

_Supreme_
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I have Morrow on a few teams, and so far he hasn't quite been what I hoped he would be. One game he hits four 3's and scores 18 points, and the next he scores 6 points and no 3's.

With Jackson (and Azubuike) gone I would expect him to get better numbers, but Magette and apparently Radmanovic are currently still keeping him from performing like last season.

pelmen84
11-25-2009, 05:32 PM
H2H League

Starters
Deron Williams

Kobe Bryant

Jason Richardson

Emeka Okafor

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Thompson

Tim Duncan

Brook Lopez

Baron Davis

Rajon Rondo

Bench:

JR Smith

Eric Gordon

Louis Williams

I was thinking of dropping JR Smith for Michael Redd or TMAC?

What do u guys think?

P.S. messed up the title it should be JR Smith :)

Sports Illustrator
11-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Stephen Jackson got traded not long ago. He is trying to adjust to the team as well. Most of his teammates look to try and score, rather than playing together as a team. So its not that easy for him. I actually think he's playing very well considering under the circumstances he's playing. He definitely shouldn't be on the pool under a 10 team league.

kEviN21
11-25-2009, 06:44 PM
I would give Redd one more game to see how he does first. Tmac I wouldnt for another few weeks until he is seriously going to play.

thedfactor
02-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Darren Collison with Chris Paul out has been sweet surprise.

heathonater
02-07-2010, 07:10 PM
carl landry has been a nice pickup for my team as well as kevin love.