PDA

View Full Version : Did we miss a classic series in 2007?

JordansBulls
10-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Did we miss a classic series in 2007?

No doubt the Warriors upsetting the Mavs was good to see from an underdog perspective, but in reality it appears we missed a series that could have been the best of the decade and that would have been the Mavs vs Spurs in the Western Conference Finals (or even Mavs vs Suns (without the suspensions)

To me personally I enjoy seeing upsets, more so in later rounds of the playoffs though. I just dislike seeing upsets where the team that won really has no shot to advance past the next round.

I also feel in 2003 we missed a classic series in the WCF where the Webber injury knocked the Kings out. Spurs vs Kings that year would have been classic.

ChiSox219
10-16-2009, 02:22 PM
The Warriors-Mavs series is one of my favorite in the Post-Jordan era.

Gibby23
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Did we miss a classic series in 2007?

No doubt the Warriors upsetting the Mavs was good to see from an underdog perspective, but in reality it appears we missed a series that could have been the best of the decade and that would have been the Mavs vs Spurs in the Western Conference Finals (or even Mavs vs Suns (without the suspensions)

To me personally I enjoy seeing upsets, more so in later rounds of the playoffs though. I just dislike seeing upsets where the team that won really has no shot to advance past the next round.

I also feel in 2003 we missed a classic series in the WCF where the Webber injury knocked the Kings out. Spurs vs Kings that year would have been classic.

No, because we seen those teams play eachother in years past. The Jazz were also a very good team in 2007.

Aapox
10-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Stop living in the past JB! Hehe

thephoenixson28
10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
It would've been nice. Just cuz the simple fact I'm being biased :(

MTone8788
10-16-2009, 02:44 PM

That makes no sense at all. If a team knocked out THE NUMBER ONE SEED, what makes you think they have no chance at beating a lesser seed the next round? :confused:

In my opinion you could make endless threads like these naming good teams you wanted to see play eachother... in the past.

Lone Maverick
10-16-2009, 04:31 PM
That makes no sense at all. If a team knocked out THE NUMBER ONE SEED, what makes you think they have no chance at beating a lesser seed the next round? :confused:

In my opinion you could make endless threads like these naming good teams you wanted to see play eachother... in the past.

It makes sense because of matchups. The Warriors had the most favorable match up they could have asked for in Dallas. Something they didn't have against any other team that made it to playoffs.

I think it would have been a classic series but it was on Dallas to make it that far and they didn't so we'll never know.

Talick
10-16-2009, 04:40 PM

I think he meant to say that it's kinda dissapointing when David knocks out Goliath, only to lose horribly in the next round...like the Colorado Rockies a few years back - everybody was rooting for them but they were a no show in th WS.

FlakeyFool
10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
That bulls-celtics series last season was a classic

JordansBulls
10-16-2009, 05:36 PM
I think he meant to say that it's kinda dissapointing when David knocks out Goliath, only to lose horribly in the next round...like the Colorado Rockies a few years back - everybody was rooting for them but they were a no show in th WS.

:clap:

rabueed
10-16-2009, 05:47 PM
That bulls-celtics series last season was a classic

definitely.

that's easily my fave series post-jordan era for sure. And i'm a Lakers fan, so i've got a lot of series for it to compete with. Lakers/Kings series are always up there.

koberulesall
10-16-2009, 06:23 PM
to bad we didnt get to see the lakers vs clippers the year the clips made it that would have been cool they both play in the same building!

DeadMemories
10-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Screw the clippers, they could make the lottery every single season as they should.