PDA

View Full Version : the sour taste of irony..

the unknown
10-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Last year D'an told everyone to come to camp and ready to run. Marbury came to camp in amazing shape and did everything the coach asked. Though Marbs in a headcase D'an didnt give him a fair chance to play in the beginning of the season, Exiling Marbury and giving Duhon to run the team. Duhon started off doing very well in my opinion but it is blatantly obvious he is better suited for the reserve role. In my opinion Marbury would be extremely dangerous in a Mike D'antoni run and gun fast pace game. He is built for speed, he can break down a defense, and he can shoot, he is also a better passer than Duhon. I THINK HE MAKES US 10 WINS BETTER THAN DUHON.

Marbury is the only knick to make it to an olympic team in the last 10 years, he is also a 2 time all star, and an all N.B.A. 3rd team twice.

Marbury and Oscar Robinson are the only people to average 22 points and 8 assist for their career, Until Marbury came home.

at any rate i think he is an amazing upgrade over Duhon and the best player that we have had in the last decade.. good job Mike D'antoni for giving the team to an underachiever and ruining Marbury career(though Marbury contributed a lot to his demise).

I MISS YOU MARBURY COME HOME!!!!

KnicksFan4Years
10-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Please close this thread mods. Marbury is not a Knick anymore. If enough people request it can we never have threads about Marbury in a Knicks forum.

Giaps
10-16-2009, 10:37 AM
I second the lock.

knickjames23
10-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Although he says he's not ready to announce his retirement, Stephon Marbury said yesterday he has "shut everything down," taking the season off to work on his businesses and claims he will return to the NBA next season. Marbury also could not keep himself from ripping his hometown team and coach Mike D'Antoni for their poor preseason play, calling them "a mess." Marbury went unsigned as a free agent this summer after turning down Boston's veteran minimum offer ($1.3 million) in July. Marbury said he plans to attend the Knicks' home opener Oct. 31 vs. the Sixers with his kids. Nevertheless, Marbury said he is surprised others want to watch the Knicks. "I'm just talking as a fan and New Yorker who grew up loving the Knicks: why would I give you my money to watch them?" Marbury told The Post. "This is atrocious. Guys coming down court, just raising up 3-pointers from anywhere. The coaching is horrible. What kind of coaching is this?" Marbury vows he will play again. "I'm resting, doing what Michael Jordan did, enjoy life, do things I haven't done in 16 years, keep building my empire," Marbury said. "I wasn't going to Boston for that money. It was a prudent business decision to take off this year." He didn't have many options. Some believe he rattled the NBA establishment for hosting a 24-hour Ustream show in July during which he swallowed Vaseline because he lost his voice. Marbury played 24 games for the Celtics and 14 playoff contests. Another year away from basketball surely hurts his market value. "People can say what they want and act like God," Marbury said. "A year from now, you don't know what I'm going to be like. I got to 197 pounds last camp. I'm from the gutter. I can go anywhere."

http://www.hoopsworld.com:80/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20091016#STORY_21985

marbury is a joke

SLY WILLIAMS
10-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Link to article about the shots taken at Paul Pierce this week as well (http://www.examiner.com/x-10630-Boston-Celtics-Examiner~y2009m10d13-Marbury-calls-out-Pierce-on-Twitter-and-were-left-to-wonder-why)

BTownTeamsRKing
10-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Although he says he's not ready to announce his retirement, Stephon Marbury said yesterday he has "shut everything down," taking the season off to work on his businesses and claims he will return to the NBA next season. Marbury also could not keep himself from ripping his hometown team and coach Mike D'Antoni for their poor preseason play, calling them "a mess." Marbury went unsigned as a free agent this summer after turning down Boston's veteran minimum offer ($1.3 million) in July. Marbury said he plans to attend the Knicks' home opener Oct. 31 vs. the Sixers with his kids. Nevertheless, Marbury said he is surprised others want to watch the Knicks. "I'm just talking as a fan and New Yorker who grew up loving the Knicks: why would I give you my money to watch them?" Marbury told The Post. "This is atrocious. Guys coming down court, just raising up 3-pointers from anywhere. The coaching is horrible. What kind of coaching is this?" Marbury vows he will play again. "I'm resting, doing what Michael Jordan did, enjoy life, do things I haven't done in 16 years, keep building my empire," Marbury said. "I wasn't going to Boston for that money. It was a prudent business decision to take off this year." He didn't have many options. Some believe he rattled the NBA establishment for hosting a 24-hour Ustream show in July during which he swallowed Vaseline because he lost his voice. Marbury played 24 games for the Celtics and 14 playoff contests. Another year away from basketball surely hurts his market value. "People can say what they want and act like God," Marbury said. "A year from now, you don't know what I'm going to be like. I got to 197 pounds last camp. I'm from the gutter. I can go anywhere."

http://www.hoopsworld.com:80/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20091016#STORY_21985

marbury is a joke

so the Celtics money wasn't good enough huh? Wtf do u expect when u tape yourself eating vasoline?

he wants to take another year off? let me tell u, this guy had half a season to get his act together and could barely run. he couldnt shoot anymore. his legs looked spent. he front rimmed almost every shot.

i believe with full training camp and preseason and a NEW ATTITUDE, he could have given the Celtics 10 pts off the bench per game this year. but if he takes more time off, his basketball skills will deteriate worse than already have.

Link to article about the shots taken at Paul Pierce this week as well (http://www.examiner.com/x-10630-Boston-Celtics-Examiner~y2009m10d13-Marbury-calls-out-Pierce-on-Twitter-and-were-left-to-wonder-why)

for real, starbury needs shut his mouth. hes a damn fool. he will never be 30% the player Paul Pierce is.

bigsams50
10-16-2009, 11:29 AM
**** Marbury, if you cant make an nba team, than you cant talk smack about any player in the league

GAWDtv
10-16-2009, 11:38 AM
I know they had problems in PHX with Steph and he has turned into a Class 1 head case however, I believe that DÁntoni's decision to exile him lead to Starbery's emotional demise, the demise of the Knicks when we thought they couldn't get any worse and will lead to the Demise of the DAntoni era in the L, he will head to Europe after this horrible season.

How can the players trust him? He made his expectations known, Starbury exceeded all expectations that pre-season. He was playing like a Champ when DÁntoni pulled the rug from under him and threw away his credibility with it. Heard of throwing away the baby with the bathwater? The players saw how Steph was treated after all that was said by DAntoni when he came in about giving Steph a fair chance. If he can do that to their BEST player (at that time) for not reason but a grudge, the remaining players will not trust him.

With a coach that lost the respect of his players before the 1st reg. season game has no shot. Mike D.Antoni wanted Duhon over Steph and he is a good judge of talent? He should be called MDA because the coach is HIGH and it isn’t Kush. NO pg, Curry was a good center and Steph and Curry where balling that preseason. Steph running that system ala Steve Nash would have worked and seems like MDA sabotaged the Knicks with a personal emotional response.

The only way for the Knicks to recover is to fire MDA. Wait till the end of this losing season if they choose but the players will not jell as a team to win in the 2nd season if the leader makes such destructive decisions. These two decisions alone can be used as a microcosm to his stint here. Sure he had success in PHX but his teams where stacked. Even Phil Jackson would take those teams!! With the roster they have they underachieved and that has to be on the coach, Isaiah the HATED Thomas did better.

Hindsight is 20/20 and that one decision could have changed all in NYC. Steph has not recovered from that career deathblow and lost his mind, live streamed no less!! He will never play in the L again and, when the Knicks have the WORST record this season MDA may never coach in the NBA again.
:facepalm:

mrblisterdundee
10-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Why are you talking about this? Marbury doesn't play for the Knicks anymore, so get over it. He still sucks, and New York's basketball team still sucks.

Ace33Bone
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I actually agree with this post... but the fact that he does not play for the Knicks anymore kind of makes this irrelevant... but i would have loved to see that same team ran by Marbury over the "overrated" duhon

29$JerZ
10-16-2009, 12:55 PM
The reason why your name is the unknown is because you can't be considered human if you think Marbury will change anything :facepalm:

Lakers4ItAll
10-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I remm when Duhon played for the Bulls I would see him out all the times at Clubs

smith&wesson
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
he was given a bit of a chance in boston and did nothing. so i agree that yonger marbury was the shiet ... but now ?? nah man.

DrDEADalready
10-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Hehe can't wait to have new yorks pick this year. it should be a good one. :D

MAC10TIZZY
10-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Last year D'an told everyone to come to camp and ready to run. Marbury came to camp in amazing shape and did everything the coach asked. Though Marbs in a headcase D'an didnt give him a fair chance to play in the beginning of the season, Exiling Marbury and giving Duhon to run the team. Duhon started off doing very well in my opinion but it is blatantly obvious he is better suited for the reserve role. In my opinion Marbury would be extremely dangerous in a Mike D'antoni run and gun fast pace game. He is built for speed, he can break down a defense, and he can shoot, he is also a better passer than Duhon. I THINK HE MAKES US 10 WINS BETTER THAN DUHON.

Marbury is the only knick to make it to an olympic team in the last 10 years, he is also a 2 time all star, and an all N.B.A. 3rd team twice.

Marbury and Oscar Robinson are the only people to average 22 points and 8 assist for their career, Until Marbury came home.

at any rate i think he is an amazing upgrade over Duhon and the best player that we have had in the last decade.. good job Mike D'antoni for giving the team to an underachiever and ruining Marbury career(though Marbury contributed a lot to his demise).

I MISS YOU MARBURY COME HOME!!!!

i just cant find to make any since out of this at all...marbury is the laughing stock of the nba, duhon is 2nd string pg, why not start nate, and sigh him t o a real contract, that guy is explosive

the unknown
10-16-2009, 02:13 PM
The reason why your name is the unknown is because you can't be considered human if you think Marbury will change anything :facepalm:

lol .. your silly