PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson: "I Think I'm As Good As Kobe"

JordansBulls
10-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Source: Oakland Tribune (http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2009/10/14/jax-v-teammates-jax-v-kobe-baron-v-randolph-and-other-warriors-stuff/)

Jackson took his beef with Kobe to a public level. I donít think heís ever been a fan of Kobe. Especially to an official street dude like Jax, Bryant isnít going to get the benefit of the doubt. So if he really called Jax young fella (though theyíre the same age), better believe Jax really didnít like that. In essence, Jax got dissed by a suburbanite. On top of what he thought was some dirty play.

JACKSON: ďIím not going to bow down. Iím not a fan of Kobe. Iím not somebody who looks up to him. Iím a grown man myself. So when I go out there and play the game, I play the game. I feel like Iím just as good as him. I might not get the publicity or notoriety he gets, but I feel like I can play with anybody in the NBA any given night.Ē

Yes, you read that right. Jax said heís as good as Kobe. See, that is machismo taking over. But he did qualify it. By the end of the quote, he was clearly saying that he feel like he can match-up with Kobe and even give him the business.

vikings4lifebro
10-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Source: Oakland Tribune (http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2009/10/14/jax-v-teammates-jax-v-kobe-baron-v-randolph-and-other-warriors-stuff/)
How much did he have to drink when he said this?

TheKing23
10-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Haha, looks like S-Jax has been taking self-destruction tips from Starbury.

:facepalm:

eso
10-15-2009, 08:56 AM
haha, this is funny..
Jax get a team that wants you b4 you trash the posibley best player in the league.. is this guy for real????

Ace33Bone
10-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Gotta love the confidence of this man and I am a JAX supporter and I am not a Kobe fan either... but someone should have woke Jax outta whatever state of REM sleep he was in and told him "dude... you were dreaming"

pebloemer
10-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Been a strange summer for Golden State. Their Captain looks to be self-destructing. Probably their second best player (Ellis) has publicly criticized the teams strategy and direction.

Then again: They got a nice prospect in Curry from the draft and Anthony Randolph looks to be developing very well.

Although it seems that more recently it has been all negative, there is still some reason for optimism in Golden State at least (although I see this season going very badly).

asandhu23
10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Been a strange summer for Golden State. Their Captain looks to be self-destructing. Probably their second best player (Ellis) has publicly criticized the teams strategy and direction.

Then again: They got a nice prospect in Curry from the draft and Anthony Randolph looks to be developing very well.

Although it seems that more recently it has been all negative, there is still some reason for optimism in Golden State at least (although I see this season going very badly).

he's not our "captain" anymore. he is just jackson

FachoinaNYY
10-15-2009, 09:38 AM
hooch is crazy...

cubulls
10-15-2009, 09:41 AM
He should play for the Grizzlies. They could use another egomaniacal piece of trash.

Giaps
10-15-2009, 09:56 AM
He's one of the most overrated players in the league. I don't understand all the publicity this guy gets.

asandhu23
10-15-2009, 10:04 AM
mods, move this to warriors forum.

GSRaider
10-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Lol

Jackson has lost his mind

lakerboy
10-15-2009, 10:14 AM
There should be another NBDL type of league for washed up players. He can be the MVP, along with Stephon Marbury./

B2B
10-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Jackson took his beef with Kobe to a public level. I don’t think he’s ever been a fan of Kobe. Especially to an official street dude like Jax, Bryant isn’t going to get the benefit of the doubt. So if he really called Jax young fella (though they’re the same age), better believe Jax really didn’t like that. In essence, Jax got dissed by a suburbanite. On top of what he thought was some dirty play.

JACKSON: “I’m not going to bow down. I’m not a fan of Kobe. I’m not somebody who looks up to him. I’m a grown man myself. So when I go out there and play the game, I play the game. I feel like I’m just as good as him. I might not get the publicity or notoriety he gets, but I feel like I can play with anybody in the NBA any given night.”

Yes, you read that right. Jax said he’s as good as Kobe.[/B] See, that is machismo taking over. But he did qualify it. By the end of the quote, he was clearly saying that he feel like he can match-up with Kobe and even give him the business

"I'm not going to bow down" - people will completely dissregard that he said this & focus on the later. Basically he's saying any time he plays Kobe, he has to prove that he's the better player, nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

U have to believe in yourself to play above your abilities & to compete. Now I agree he shouldn't have said it but every player needs to have an attitude & to believe that they r better or can play better than the next, otherwise why compete?

U have to believe in yourself first before u can achieve. I don't see anything wrong with what he said other than the fact that he said it. It's the mentality I think every player should have (I'm better than my opponent) otherwise stay home. It speaks more to me about how competitive he is, than anything else.

PatrickM
10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
...and I think Megan Fox is in love with me.

BkOriginalOne
10-15-2009, 10:22 AM
What do you want him to say? "Kobe is far superior than me, anytime we face his team is going to prevail because of his intrinsic awesomeness."

B2B
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
dp

pebloemer
10-15-2009, 10:32 AM
he's not our "captain" anymore. he is just jackson

I'm aware.

It just seems to me that the self-destruction began prior to giving in his badge. Not sure the timing of it all, but either way, Jackson and Ellis have both caused troubles for the organization publicly. Ellis wasn't much help last year either with his accident.

I am just saying that in spite of this, there is optimism to be seen in their youth. Is the glass half empty or half full in Golden State? To me it depends if they can shed Jackson's contract with reasonable return and resolve with Ellis (which hopefully has already happened), or get a reasonable return for him as well.

ManRam
10-15-2009, 10:54 AM
He's a better rebounder and passer (last year at least)...but that's it. He's gotta be kidding though. Actually...I'm not sure. Stephen is very, very, very slow.

But in his defense, what do you expect him to say? Kobe's my daddy, I suck? Every player has to have the mentality that they are the best. That's what keeps them going, and keeps them in the league.

Ray_R
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
...and I think Megan Fox is in love with me.

she told u that to

:puke:(Me)
(JaX) :cry:

SLY WILLIAMS
10-15-2009, 11:04 AM
I dont think S Jax is nearly as good as Kobe but I remember as a Spur S Jax made Kobe look silly with a crazy crossover.

TheGreenMonster
10-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Child Please...

G-Funk
10-15-2009, 11:14 AM

SchyGuy11
10-15-2009, 11:15 AM
what an idiot :facepalm:

Lakerfan In NY
10-15-2009, 11:20 AM

Hey..i am better than Kobe Bryant too & I will always be better than Kobe especially since i don't EVER have to play against him in real life & I made myself in Live....:p::laugh::box:

Zefflin
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
I can't wait till they play each other. See that's why I love Kobe, he takes **** personally and will remember this silly little comment Jax made and make him eat his words.

Thatruth32
10-15-2009, 11:22 AM
yea i heard that lmao..

spacemandave
10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
hes obv wrong but hes not gonna go and say well, i try hard but kobes just way better than me.

Kdirt
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
my boy StackJack

Litchris12
10-15-2009, 11:33 AM
steph jack sucks

LionBryan
10-15-2009, 11:35 AM
But how many teenage girls has Jackson raped?

Hawkeye15
10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Jackson is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. He is overpaid, and a loudmouth. I would guess Kobe was better at age 17 than Jax is right now.
STFU Jackson.

Zefflin
10-15-2009, 11:41 AM
^^ Stupid.

I can't stand it when people say, "I'm a grown man." I hate to stereotype but it's usually a black dude.

LionBryan
10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
^Didn't answer the question

Zefflin
10-15-2009, 11:43 AM
My stupid comment was towards Bryon Hawkeye. And I've had just about enough of your forced niceness towards Kobe.

LionBryan
10-15-2009, 11:46 AM
PLease explain the correlation between niceness towards Kobe and how many teenage girls Jackson has raped.

LionBryan
10-15-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm just trying to figure out if Kobe leads Jackson in this career stat too.

MTone8788
10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
^ you are playing out your own joke... once or twice is enough.. but four times?

LionBryan
10-15-2009, 11:55 AM
There's nothing funny about rape, MTone.

DieHardColtsfan
10-15-2009, 12:05 PM
:laugh:

ko8e24
10-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Mike James >>>>> Stephen Jackson

macc
10-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I think people are blowing this waaaaay out of proportion. He's confident in his game. What did you want him to say "I suck, Kobe is much better then me" I mean seriously? I bet if you ask 95% of the players in the NBA they'll tell you they can hang with anybody. Why wouldn't you say that?

500 Level
10-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I would take Stephen Jackson on the Raptors 1,00,000 times over.

Especially because Kobe kills us.

JordansBulls
10-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Jackson should just go to Boston or Cleveland. Could you imagine how intense the Lakers/Celtics or Lakers/Cavs would be then?

First just the history of the Lakers/Celtics and the rematch of the 2008 finals along with Rasheed being on there who was also on the 2004 Pistons team that upset LA. Also with Pierce calling himself the best in the league.

or

If he went to Cleveland than you would have him and Shaq on that team along with Lebron and that would be intense as well.

3RDASYSTEM
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Man wat the hell is he supposed to say, and plus i went to school wit dude in the league and he was callin KOBE a wanna be JORDAN from day one since 99/00 and i bet its discussed among his peers but they just too fake to tell him to his face, listen yall KOBE rapped and in the words of a die hard LAKER fan once told me he ''mastered'' JORDANZ game from the fade away to the walk so to me i've never seen a guy steal a whole another persons blueprint and get praised for it, i've always said KOBE can play ball, but to me he doesnt have his own identity like a AI/LEBRON/WADE/KG/SHAQ and so on, and dont get it twisted LEBRON/AI/WADE all idolize JORDAN its just they take a small piece of his game, we all have influences, but to steal everything from the greatest to do it and have people comparin you to him after you look similar cuz you stole it all is very amusing to me...its like if JACKIE CHAN/JET LI mastered BRUCE LEE style..how could they ever be compared when they stole from the greatest, how could i ever compare those dudes to him, i would luv for anybody to reply,especially from LAKERLAND, hey just to show you im not hatin on KOBE i tell everybody his 3pt shot is way more butter than JORDANS ever was but thats bout it.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
My stupid comment was towards Bryon Hawkeye. And I've had just about enough of your forced niceness towards Kobe.

forced niceness? haha. I have made it clear numerous times what I think of Kobe's basketball ability. I have always said he was a great player. But I think there are better. Jax certainly isn't one of them.
And frankly, I could care less what you have had enough of as far as I am concerned.

loki34
10-15-2009, 01:32 PM
I think he's better then kobe

Yankee Lifer
10-15-2009, 01:32 PM
And hes probably the only one who thinks that.

refuse2lose86
10-15-2009, 01:42 PM
I would take Stephen Jackson on the Raptors 1,00,000 times over.

Especially because Kobe kills us.

Kobe might drop 50 next time he sees Stephen Jackson so I would stay away from Jax at least until then.

Trouble87
10-15-2009, 01:52 PM
love Cappin Jacks confidence but he's delusional

EricU812
10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
I think I'm as good as Steven Jackson

nikefreek220
10-15-2009, 02:04 PM
everyone is allowed to dream right??

fresh prince
10-15-2009, 02:13 PM
He's a better rebounder and passer (last year at least)...but that's it. He's gotta be kidding though. Actually...I'm not sure. Stephen is very, very, very slow.

But in his defense, what do you expect him to say? Kobe's my daddy, I suck? Every player has to have the mentality that they are the best. That's what keeps them going, and keeps them in the league.

Agreed its ok to have this mentality.. But Jack isn't a better passer than Kobe Bryant. He averaged more assist yes. But that's a bi product of the offense running through him (He was essentially the PG last year) and the style of offense the Warriors play...

That said I love Steven Jackson's game as a #2 option..He's one of the better wing players in the game..attitude aside

DirtyThirty
10-15-2009, 02:18 PM
atta boy Stephen Jackson!!!!! Tell em!!!

ChiSox219
10-15-2009, 02:23 PM
I think I'm better than Kobe, you don't see me blabbing to reports about it.

HouRealCoach
10-15-2009, 02:29 PM
The only reason he gets those start player stats is because he is in an up-tempo offense but he knows he's not better he says that in a competitive way saying that he only feels that he is as good as him just like everyone else would

Ray_R
10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
I think he's better then kobe

:confused:

BoratSagdiyev
10-15-2009, 02:56 PM
I have his back here.

He isn't exactly saying I think I'm as good as Kobe on a consistent basis. He is saying on any given night I feel I can perform as well as anyone I play. As a professional athlete everyone should believe they are as good as their opponent no matter who they are playing. You can not go into a game saying this player is better than me. That means you have no confidence or competitive spirit. Every player in the NBA should believe they can outplay Kobe or Lebron. It probably isn't wise to be verbal about it though, to avoid comments like these.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-15-2009, 03:07 PM
how do we go from bball to rape? smh. jackson is dumb. he doesnt even deserve to talk about a plyer of kobes caliber. he might as well have sed he was the best player in the league if that was the case bc kobe is on top

what54!?
10-15-2009, 03:13 PM
he really needs to shut up now. He's not helping himself

BoltLakerPadre
10-15-2009, 03:25 PM
He has no support left, so he was just having a temper tantrum. And once you get rolling, it's hard to stop.

AI4MVP
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
see i live in the bay area and see stephen jackson play alot. hes a very good player. hes actually underrated even tho most call him opverrated. hes a good shooter, passer, rebouder, and at time defender. but honeslty, "im think im as good as ron artest" would have been a much wiser statement.

i think stephen jackson is a good player, but NOWHERE near where kobe is at a.. i relly think he should be scared next time he faces kobe because hes guna get lit up SO hard

kvrnm
10-15-2009, 03:45 PM
i have no problem with what he sed

Raph12
10-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Move over Jax, Anthony Morrow is putting your arrogant *** on the bench.

With Jackson's departure and Morrow, Randolph and Curry's development, GS has some things to look forward to this season.

kvrnm
10-15-2009, 03:47 PM
see i live in the bay area and see stephen jackson play alot. hes a very good player. hes actually underrated even tho most call him opverrated. hes a good shooter, passer, rebouder, and at time defender. but honeslty, "im think im as good as ron artest" would have been a much wiser statement.

i think stephen jackson is a good player, but NOWHERE near where kobe is at a.. i relly think he should be scared next time he faces kobe because hes guna get lit up SO hard

he wont be scared , i bet he plays good. kobe will end up outscoring him, but that will be because his notoriety, and he gets more calls and free throws.

staubach12
10-15-2009, 03:50 PM
i am a magic fan and i HATE kobe bryant but wtf is stephen jackson smoking????? must have gotten some of that ricky williams

Kevj77
10-15-2009, 04:13 PM
As a Lakers fan it really doesn't bother me if he takes shots at Kobe. Kobe will torch him for those comments next time they meet. Some players and fans just don't like Kobe. It coulds their judgement. They knock Bryants skill because they don't like Kobe the person.

DrDEADalready
10-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm as good as Michael jordan but i don't wanna show that cause then I would ruin his legacy. And I don't wanna do that to poor MJ it's all he gots.

DCB/LAL
10-15-2009, 04:32 PM
There's nothing funny about rape, MTone.

Well if your weren't so stupid you'd know that according to their CRININAL RECORD neither have raped a teen girl Kobe was never found GUILTY and as far as I know your inocent till proven GUILTY ........oh and "there's nothing funny" about accusing someone of RAPE especially if they were never found GUILTY.

And S jax is a good player I like him but he is no where near KOBE good confidence though! :clap:

The_Mac22
10-15-2009, 04:34 PM
What a joke.

Zefflin
10-15-2009, 04:46 PM
he wont be scared , i bet he plays good. kobe will end up outscoring him, but that will be because his notoriety, and he gets more calls and free throws.

Yea he'll score more because of his notoriety, not because he's better. :rolleyes:

Nighthawk
10-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Is this surprising? Everyone got on Pierce when he said it. Im sure many players will say it in the future. Every single player thinks there the best. Its just the way it is. These people got to where they our thinking their the best. It wont change. I like Jax. Celtics should trade T. Allen, Scal, Sweetney an Walker for em. lol

Lost Art
10-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Anyone want this guy on their team? He might as well retire now because everything that he has done this offseason has pretty much destroyed his career.

MackSnackWrap
10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Wow what a ****** lool not even 1 percent of Kobe lmfao

R cool J
10-15-2009, 05:37 PM
captain jack!!! pass that **** man...i wanna be better than Kobe too!!!! *puff* *puff* i got next on that Bryon Russell/ Jordan game...i want Jordan, i think im just as good as he is.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RaiderLakersA's
10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Child Please...

This!

Strumpy
10-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Can we remember this man wants out of Golden State ASAP? He's doing everything in his power to get traded!

G-Funk
10-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I ain't mad at him Im better then Kobe too, as a matter of fact I'm better then MJ as well. Im the greatest player to never play. "f"ing idiot, who's next Smush Parker?

coolmo
10-15-2009, 06:29 PM
it would be funny if he gets traded to LAL.

MrFastBreak
10-15-2009, 07:20 PM
His confidence is through the roof like my swag.

Everybody knows Kobe is a way better player than he is, so why does it have to be said over and over?

zambo4president
10-15-2009, 07:30 PM
I like Jax alot. He may be a top 20 guy but Kobe is number 1 without a doubt.

caseyv415
10-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Im a Warrior fan and all I have to say about Jax is..
YEAH RIGHT MF'R
Not even close Jack

Raph12
10-16-2009, 01:51 AM
it would be funny if he gets traded to LAL.

For who, Artest? trading one ball stopper who plays defense for another who doesn't, wouldn't qualify as a good trade in my book.

ink
10-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Only three letters needed.

S-A-D.

loveofthegame87
10-16-2009, 02:10 AM
"Please leave it alone - don't throw rocks at the throne
Do not bark up that tree, that tree will fall on you
I don't know why your advisors ain't forewarn you", Jay-z. There are always gonna be players that says crazy thing about the top player in the game; that's why we call them haters.

Tribe
10-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Nope not even close

caseyv415
10-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Move over Jax, Anthony Morrow is putting your arrogant *** on the bench.

With Jackson's departure and Morrow, Randolph and Curry's development, GS has some things to look forward to this season.

Thank You!! :clap:
Even our own fans claim the seasons a wash b4 it even starts.. Whereas I cant wait to see our youth in action and think we'll have at least a 10 seed season.

JayW_1023
10-16-2009, 11:40 AM
What seperates a Stephen Jackson from a Kobe is that one can't elevate the play of his teammates, while the other can.

JordansBulls
10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I can understand Chauncey Billups or Paul Pierce saying this especially after winning the title over him in 2004 and 2008 and getting Finals mvp, but Stephen Jackson saying it is kinda crazy. Unless he is thinking he was the reason the Spurs won in 2003.

USMCLaker
10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
i have no problem with what he sed

I'm with you, I don't understand why everyones is on SJ if anything I respect him for mouthing off and not being a politically correct clone.

Everyone's judging SJ but no one knows the truth behind the scenes it's not like Don Nelson has the reputation of being a Championship coach didn't he bench Baron Davis in the playoffs the last year that he was on the team.

None of you have ever wanted to tell your employer to eff off and screw them over if you had the chance? At least he has the balls to do it and as far as his comments towards Kobe it's nice to see someone stand up to him and not kiss his *** all the time and yes I'm a Laker fan but more than that I like to see men be men and not cowardly little douches.

KJG2ndComing
10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Way to go Jackson. Made yourself impossible to trade with your antics and your ignorance. Get arrested so the team can be better off without you. Overrated as a defender and averages more turnovers than anyone in the league.

OA SLAY
10-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I hate hate this guy mo and mo everyday...i pray he doesnt go to the knicks
:mad:

viictoor
10-17-2009, 03:44 PM
hahahahahahaha

im better than lebron

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Im better than Jackson, so that means Im better than Kobe too. Yay for me!!!

USMCLaker
10-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Im better than Jackson, so that means Im better than Kobe too. Yay for me!!!

*Superman*
10-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Well of course he is better then Kobe. Who else can do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_q-fpx_VHc

Raph12
10-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Maybe they just spelled the name wrong, Jackson probably meant to say he's better than COBY, as in Coby Karl.

*Superman*
10-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Maybe they just spelled the name wrong, Jackson probably meant to say he's better than COBY, as in Coby Karl.

:clap:

ko8e24
10-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Coby Karl >>>>>>>>> Stephen Jackson :smoking:

SA5195
10-17-2009, 04:47 PM
lol

Raidaz4Life
10-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm with you, I don't understand why everyones is on SJ if anything I respect him for mouthing off and not being a politically correct clone.

Everyone's judging SJ but no one knows the truth behind the scenes it's not like Don Nelson has the reputation of being a Championship coach didn't he bench Baron Davis in the playoffs the last year that he was on the team.

None of you have ever wanted to tell your employer to eff off and screw them over if you had the chance? At least he has the balls to do it and as far as his comments towards Kobe it's nice to see someone stand up to him and not kiss his *** all the time and yes I'm a Laker fan but more than that I like to see men be men and not cowardly little douches.

There is a difference between someone like D-Wade saying that and SJ saying it. SJ has no balls at all if he had balls he would let his play do the talking for him which it obviously never could. There is a difference between being a "cowardly little douche" and being "respectful". Kobe doesn't go around saying he is better than MJ so that must make him a cowardly little douche right? Trash talking doesn't make you any less of a cowardly little douche.... it makes you more of one.

LakersOrNothing
10-17-2009, 05:13 PM
SJax pass that good **** over here

giantspwn
10-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Amazing how many people on this site don't know how to read the article correctly. Everyone is taking this out of context.

That being said, I don't like Jackson. He seems to do more harm than good on whatever teem he's on. I think he's overrated enough as it is.

RaptorizedKevin
10-17-2009, 06:01 PM
hes not as good as kobe. if he wants to think that, than let him

USMCLaker
10-17-2009, 07:01 PM
There is a difference between someone like D-Wade saying that and SJ saying it. SJ has no balls at all if he had balls he would let his play do the talking for him which it obviously never could. There is a difference between being a "cowardly little douche" and being "respectful". Kobe doesn't go around saying he is better than MJ so that must make him a cowardly little douche right? Trash talking doesn't make you any less of a cowardly little douche.... it makes you more of one.

What are you talking about? SJ never said he was better than Kobe so this has nothing to do with letting your game speak for itself:

JACKSON: ďIím not going to bow down. Iím not a fan of Kobe. Iím not somebody who looks up to him. Iím a grown man myself. So when I go out there and play the game, I play the game. I feel like Iím just as good as him. I might not get the publicity or notoriety he gets, but I feel like I can play with anybody in the NBA any given night.Ē

So I don't know what you were reading into my post. I'll say it again, I am glad that he spoke his mind and didn't just kiss Kobe *** like so many people do, he said that he is not a fan of Kobe and that he was not going to bow down to him how is SJ talking trash. And yes talking trash does make you a douche but that's not what he did the key phrase was: "I feel like I can play with anybody in the NBA any given night.Ē.

SA5195
10-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm the best basketball player in the world!

Zefflin
10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
No you're not, I am.

bears88
10-17-2009, 07:47 PM
lol none of you are am da best in the world lol jp lol I took my team to the championship lol jp hell no lol just going with the flow lol

bears88
10-17-2009, 07:48 PM
lol am better the micheal jordan and majic Johnson combined together lol

Ebbs
10-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Lol guy needs to learn when TO SHUT THE **** UP. Before no one wants him anymore.

bigsams50
10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
When Jackson retires, no one will remember his name.

J_M_B
10-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Stephen Jackson really needs to stop talking and just shut up.

LeonFSU
10-17-2009, 10:01 PM
he is

sofargone
10-17-2009, 10:19 PM
the jokes in this thread are really lame but jackson probably isnt better than kobe

xxxplicit69
10-17-2009, 10:20 PM

steven jackson is a very good player that can match up with any SG, SF in the league and get his 20+. but of course he's not as good as kobe, but as an NBA player you cant go out and respect and bow down to your opponent.

you have to tell yourself you are the best player when you go out on the court. as fans we cant understand this statement, but as a player you have to respect that. when has the beef kick off like this? its just preseason, i guess GS is just a bad place for him and is getting him frustrated.:cool:

vito don tito
10-17-2009, 10:30 PM
mods, move this to warriors forum.

I love your tag...mustve watched it for 2 minutes

alexander_37
10-18-2009, 12:18 AM
I would have a problem if he said he can't match up with Kobe. He never said he is straight up better he said he feels he can play with him and he thinks he can win.

No pro. athlete will ever admit another player is better, if you do you wont be a pro. much longer.

I have 0 problem with this article.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
10-18-2009, 12:55 AM

Unruly Fan
10-18-2009, 01:20 AM
I would have a problem if he said he can't match up with Kobe. He never said he is straight up better he said he feels he can play with him and he thinks he can win.

No pro. athlete will ever admit another player is better, if you do you wont be a pro. much longer.

I have 0 problem with this article.Bingo. Stupid bias article.

theimortalone
10-18-2009, 01:21 AM
Apparently Jackson was on crack when he said that! :facepalm:

J-Relo
10-18-2009, 09:58 AM
it's ok...

Hollywood Butt
10-18-2009, 10:29 AM
i feel jackson is incredibly underated as a player but there is no way in hell he is even in consideration with kobe.

dodie53
10-19-2009, 03:13 AM
sure Jax, sure.

OA SLAY
10-19-2009, 03:23 AM
AHHH.. hes better. Have you guys even seen a warriors game? pure stupidity on you all.

rapswin98
10-19-2009, 06:18 PM
AHHH.. hes better. Have you guys even seen a warriors game? pure stupidity on you all.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouCeJaxw9eg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7WrsUqlW2I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BLa4hfR1oc&feature=related