PDA

View Full Version : ESPN BREAKING NEWS: Lebron James misses preseason game due to the flu

ko8e24
10-15-2009, 12:24 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4560077

CLEVELAND -- The flu bug has bitten LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James missed the club's final home exhibition game against the Washington Wizards on Wednesday night because of flu-like symptoms that have been bothering him for several days. Forward Darnell Jackson and guard Coby Karl were also out with the flu.

James and his two teammates were told to stay home so they don't spread the flu.

As a standard precaution, all of the players will be tested for the H1N1 virus, team officials said.

The NBA's reigning MVP, James has been under the weather for the past few days. He was sent home from practice on Tuesday and was not at the Wednesday morning shootaround.

In addition, the Cavaliers will be without guards Mo Williams (groin), Delonte West (personal reasons) and forward Danny Green (leg bruise).

West returned to practice this week with the Cavs, who allowed him to leave the team to attend to medical and personal issues. West has been treated for bipolar disorder, and last month he was arrested near his home in Maryland on misdemeanor weapons possession charges.

During media day, West indicated he had stopped taking his medications this summer.

The Cavaliers gave West the option of working out at Quicken Loans Arena or staying at the team's training facility in Independence. He chose to stay at Cleveland Clinic Courts.

Coach Mike Brown said there is no timetable for West to make his preseason debut.

"I'm literally taking it one day at a time," Brown said. "I haven't thought much about it except to make sure he is OK."

:speechless:

_KB24_
10-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Omg everybody!?????????

Stop drop n roll!

;)

DieHardColtsfan
10-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Hope this flu isn't of the swine variety..

FachoinaNYY
10-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Swine flu?

DaaBoTownSox
10-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Omg everybody!?????????

Stop drop n roll!

;)

Haha, for real!

1-800-STFU
10-15-2009, 12:38 AM
What a scumbag, missing the game because of the flu....pffffffft

IRUAM #21
10-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Nooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkize31
10-15-2009, 12:47 AM
See? Kobe's better. It aint about stats, its about intangibles, like the flu.

SirCarlton
10-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Omgggggzzzzzzzzzzzzzz world is ending

LA_Raiders
10-15-2009, 12:53 AM
lol, Crybron on flu???? Who cares??? people get flu all the time...

Jonathan2323
10-15-2009, 12:56 AM
The king has the flu :faint:

:laugh:

GREATNESS ONE
10-15-2009, 01:01 AM
I hope he feels better soon

fredo832
10-15-2009, 01:07 AM

James missed the club's final home exhibition game against the Washington Wizards on Wednesday night because of flu-like symptoms that have been bothering him for several days. Forward Darnell Jackson and guard Coby Karl were also out with the flu.

James and his two teammates were told to stay home so they don't spread the flu.

As a standard precaution, all of the players will be tested for the H1N1 virus, team officials said.

The NBA's reigning MVP, James has been under the weather for the past few days. He was sent home from practice on Tuesday and was not at the Wednesday morning shootaround.

In addition, the Cavaliers will be without guards Mo Williams (groin), Delonte West (personal reasons) and forward Danny Green (leg bruise).

West returned to practice this week with the Cavs, who allowed him to leave the team to attend to medical and personal issues. West has been treated for bipolar disorder, and last month he was arrested near his home in Maryland on misdemeanor weapons possession charges.

During media day, West indicated he had stopped taking his medications this summer.

The Cavaliers gave West the option of working out at Quicken Loans Arena or staying at the team's training facility in Independence. He chose to stay at Cleveland Clinic Courts.

Coach Mike Brown said there is no timetable for West to make his preseason debut.

"I'm literally taking it one day at a time," Brown said. "I haven't thought much about it except to make sure he is OK."

:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::s peechless:

really when is the next breaking new on either Lebron or Kobe going to be? Oh I can only imagine "breaking new Lebron gets dunked on by nate robinson" or "breaking new Kobe rapes another girl in colorado" This is getting pretty ridiculous. Like I understand they both are the face of the NBA and all but really. Lebron has the flu wow so does a million other people. I mean Lebron is human.... Right? Espn must be really bored

GunFactor187
10-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........does someone need grandmama's chicken soup?

BREAKING NEWS: Kobe Bryant just got a haircut!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!!

Man I swear, news today is like Twitter...:pity: :facepalm:

whitesox1991
10-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Missing a game due to the flu? I remember a certain number 23 who played through that....

I guess Bron Bron doesn't have what it takes to be the best.

kingbrentg
10-15-2009, 01:14 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

KH12
10-15-2009, 01:16 AM
I hope he makes it through the night.

kriviant
10-15-2009, 01:30 AM
OH MY GOD!

Not the flu!

STOP THE PRESSES. INFORM THE PRESIDENT. Set the terror alert to orange.

Hustla23
10-15-2009, 01:34 AM
LMAOOO :laugh:

This made me die.

You are a very caring person ! :)

DP&Youk1520
10-15-2009, 02:14 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........does someone need grandmama's chicken soup?

i agree man

BREAKING NEWS: Paul Pierce just ate a sandwich!!!!!!!

DP&Youk1520
10-15-2009, 02:17 AM

its just the normal flu he will be fine

ko8e24
10-15-2009, 02:22 AM
its just the normal flu he will be fine

ur kidding rite? actually replied to the guys post like that? lol, ever heard of sarcasm?

zambo4president
10-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Heart of a warrior LeBron's got.

asandhu23
10-15-2009, 02:46 AM
Breaking News: Monta Ellis trades in his MOPED for a skateboard!!!!!!

WatWoudJordanDo
10-15-2009, 02:46 AM
i think he just didnt want to get called for the crab dribble **** vs the wizards again

Trouble87
10-15-2009, 02:54 AM
only person who cares about LeBron getting sick is Braylon Edwards

ZebraCity916
10-15-2009, 04:41 AM
Breaking News: Monta Ellis trades in his MOPED for a skateboard!!!!!!

That's wassup!!!!

Why are people hating on LeBron for sitting out a preseason game??

What would be the point of playing with the flu?? Yeah, let's take the chance of getting even sicker by playing in a game that's not even going to effect our record. It's a preseason game!!!!

:facepalm:

stawka
10-15-2009, 04:41 AM
One time when I was younger, I got to see Jordan break his arm during a pickup game in the street. He got up, limped and kept playing - he even dunked it from the 3 point line, jumping off his broken arm.

LeBron or Wade could never do that, that is the reason NBA players are so weak these days

WatWoudJordanDo
10-15-2009, 05:13 AM
That's wassup!!!!

Why are people hating on LeBron for sitting out a preseason game??

What would be the point of playing with the flu?? Yeah, let's take the chance of getting even sicker by playing in a game that's not even going to effect our record. It's a preseason game!!!!

no one's hating him for him sitting...as u said its preseason...its not even practice.

its more to do with ESPN putting this up with BREAKING NEWS attached to it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-15-2009, 05:16 AM
OMG, the world is coming to an end!!!

ZebraCity916
10-15-2009, 06:24 AM
no one's hating him for him sitting...as u said its preseason...its not even practice.

Yeah, I know but there was one guys hating. I didn't know if he was being sarcastic or not though. Thought I would cover my bases I guess. :laugh2:

Wilson
10-15-2009, 07:30 AM
This thread: :laugh: :laugh:

MaHaRaJaH
10-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Missing a game due to the flu? I remember a certain number 23 who played through that....

The flu is far more serious than people, and media make it out to be. Especially since how it attacks your lungs.

PennyMy#1
10-15-2009, 08:05 AM

x2

Raps08-09 Champ
10-15-2009, 08:12 AM
The title was obviously exaggerated.

But it would be big news if he had the Swine Flu.

And if you clearly read the article, they didn't play him because they didn't want him to spread it to other players.

Ace33Bone
10-15-2009, 09:47 AM

yeah thats becsause that was a pivotal game of the Championship... this is a preseason game that we are talking about even the GOAT would not have played through that... But I just hope LBJ gets better

NJ#1FAN
10-15-2009, 10:13 AM
:ohno::ohno:

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant shaved this morning and forgot to rinse the sink when he was done.

:ohno:

WHO CARES?

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Jordan would have dropped 38

ManRam
10-15-2009, 10:47 AM

It never said "Breaking News" on ESPN; on the site or the channel. It wasn't even on the front page until early this morning, where I think it was 4th or 5th on the headlines (next to Wade not playing), now it's listed 8th on the headlines.

B-Ray
10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
I just had the flu
Lebron has the flu ....

Me = Lebron

Who wants to sign me to an endorsement deal?

cwilson21
10-15-2009, 11:03 AM
While I'd love to engage in this little LeBron roast as well, H1N1 is much more serious than just the normal flu (if that's what he has). It's already claimed several lives across the US so this could possibly turn out worse than expected.

prodigy
10-15-2009, 11:07 AM
A Laker fan posts this just so people can take jabs at lebron. wow. What losers. Guess thats laker's fans for you.

BTW, Jordan had a cold, and it was not preseason. If you have the flu you are not ALOUD in the arena. more so now with the H1N1 thing going around.

KnicksorBust
10-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Do you think this means he's going to the Knicks?

JayAllDay
10-15-2009, 11:57 AM
a basketball player gets the flu and misses practice... during preseason...

Damn you ESPN! If Lebron's name wasn't up there this would have meant nothing

ko8e24
10-15-2009, 12:04 PM
A Laker fan posts this just so people can take jabs at lebron. wow. What losers. Guess thats laker's fans for you.

BTW, Jordan had a cold, and it was not preseason. If you have the flu you are not ALOUD in the arena. more so now with the H1N1 thing going around.

its about bashing BSPN, not Lebron........IDIOT!

Try to understand what's going on before u post

prodigy
10-15-2009, 01:20 PM
its about bashing ESPN, not Lebron........IDIOT!

WOW MORON, go back threw and see how many people are bashing lebron. IDIOT!!!

ko8e24
10-15-2009, 01:42 PM
WOW MORON, go back threw and see how many people are bashing lebron. IDIOT!!!

and thats my problem? :confused:

Oh, and I don't want the MODS to be gettin on us for "insulting" or any of that crap, so I apologize for the "Idiot" comment

king4day
10-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Who cares. It wasn't even breaking news on ESPN. Everytime espn posts something about Lebron, it's always a Laker fan to make a post about it and it's always "breaking news".
I understand it's sacrasm, but god does it get old quick.

miller74
10-15-2009, 01:59 PM

Preseason isnt the NBA finals big difference

nikefreek220
10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
BREAKING NEWS: LeBron James CHOKES on a chicken wing.

Fool
10-15-2009, 02:23 PM
oh no!! NOT THE FLU!!

MiamiHeat
10-15-2009, 02:36 PM
LeFlu?

LA_cabals
10-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Rip

fairandbalanced
10-15-2009, 06:30 PM
LeBron James has tested positive for Influenza A and is being treated as if he has the swine flu.

James has yet to receive the results of a test for the H1N1 virus, which is a strain of Influenza A.

Despite the illness, James returned to practice on Thursday and will travel to Texas with the team.

Six Cavaliers are currently experiencing flu-like symptoms.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgcORLgxT7k0XbSrB4DphoS8vLYF?slug=ap-cavaliers-flu&prov=ap&type=lgns

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Corey
10-15-2009, 06:32 PM
It says they DONT have the results of the H1N1 test

What are you talking about

mark1125
10-15-2009, 06:34 PM
An it's swine flu. It is in almost all case just a BAD case of the flu. It isn't as if the man has incurable cancer.

MiamiHeat
10-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Lebron LeGot LeFlu?

CountSackula
10-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Damn. I never thought he would be detroned.

Strumpy
10-15-2009, 06:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgcORLgxT7k0XbSrB4DphoS8vLYF?slug=ap-cavaliers-flu&prov=ap&type=lgns

We'll keep you in our prayers.

prayers? It's the ****in flu! He'll be over it in a week tops.

Shady66
10-15-2009, 07:06 PM
The swine flu really isnt as bad as people make it out to be lmao. I had it last week, just stay home drink fluids like the regular flu and u get better lmao.

Ur not even suppost to go to the doctor to see if u have it

Mavrix
10-15-2009, 07:06 PM
If he got it a couple of days ago (Tuesday) then he should already be recovering.

Tamaflu does the trick.

Cool007
10-15-2009, 07:08 PM
That's not right.

If he has the flu, he SHOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE TEAM.

Either it's nothing or he is recovered or they are just stupid.

GunFactor187
10-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Lebron LeGot LeFlu?

LeYeah LeHe LeDid LeApparently.

Bucks24226
10-15-2009, 07:13 PM
The only way you can die from H1N1 is if you are in weak health, so only if you are elderly or an infant are you going to be seriously affected by Swine Flu.

How did the pig get on the roof?

Swine Flu :p

Pau for Geico
10-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I have Swine Flu right now & its no big deal. Doctor told me to stay in bed, and drink hella fluids.

LeBum will be okay :P

_KB24_
10-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Aside from all the hate on here, I heard he has Influenza A.....which can lead to the H1N1 virus........

This can get serious guys...

D Roses Bulls
10-15-2009, 07:31 PM

OMG!!!! HE MISSED A PRESEASON GAME! NOOOOO!!!!!

anyways dont take that H1N1 shot. stuff i heard is making people sick and even killed some i heard

D Roses Bulls
10-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Who cares. It wasn't even breaking news on ESPN. Everytime espn posts something about Lebron, it's always a Laker fan to make a post about it and it's always "breaking news".
I understand it's sacrasm, but god does it get old quick.

i dont think it gets old. i think its ridiculous how much attention lebron gets for doing nothing. i :clap: lakers fans for calling this out. honestly, im so sick of hearing about lebron id rather them talk about the clippers or something. yeah its getting that bad.

AllTheWay
10-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Um, okay?

agoody117
10-15-2009, 09:24 PM
lol breaking news.

Cavs_Fan24
10-15-2009, 09:31 PM
prayers? It's the ****in flu! He'll be over it in a week tops.

what if it is the swine flu? It's gonna be more then a week that for sure. We don't know exactly how serious this is yet. It's not about getting back on the court for them right now it's about their lives (if it is the swine flu).

ManRam
10-15-2009, 11:45 PM
a basketball player gets the flu and misses practice... during preseason...

Damn you ESPN! If Lebron's name wasn't up there this would have meant nothing

The headline under LeBron missing the game because of the flu was "Wade misses game". Do you want them to tell us this when Mark Blount misses a game? No. He's the biggest star in the game. People care. You can't blame ESPN for reporting this...they wouldn't be where they are now if they didn't focus more on the stars.

its about bashing BSPN, not Lebron........IDIOT!

No. You posted it to bash both. That's fine. You only post pro-Laker articles, articles that slight your Lakers, or anti-LeBron threads. I'd say 95% of all the threads you've made fall under those categories. It's fine...but don't get so defensive, that actually makes you less believable.

_KB24_
10-16-2009, 12:34 AM
that's pretty funny you would say that because if kobe had the flu, u would start drooling and wondering when the God of your world and fantasies is going to get better. U failed. Kobe fans have no right to talk about the hype of lebron because kobe fans slobber over KB as much as lebron fans

Who the **** are you to tell me what I can say? It was all in good fun. Read my post above this you little wanker and see what I said. God damn noobs......

GTFO!