PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Paul Pierce could opt out after this year and become a free agent?

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
i was on the fox sports and came across this article

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1204248&format=text

do you think if boston doesnt compete like they are suppose to and with paul saying he wont guarantee his option year yet that there is a chance he could opt out and become a free agent and sign with another team thats a competitor?

BTownTeamsRKing
10-13-2009, 09:59 PM
actually before the game tonight he said,

"I'm not really thinking about that right now, but I'll do what I gotta do to keep some guys around. I want to retire in Boston."

paraphrased, but thats basically it.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
actually before the game tonight he said,

"I'm not really thinking about that right now, but I'll do what I gotta do to keep some guys around. I want to retire in Boston."

paraphrased, but thats basically it.

if thats the case then thats good. some stars wont do that. i would like to see what happens though if boston doesnt make the ECF. what he would. cause lets face it, boston isnt getting any younger

*Superman*
10-13-2009, 10:23 PM
If KG's knees give out and Ray turns into a bum then yeah.

Super.
10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
I can see him doing it, then resigning for a hometown discount. Personally i dont see Pierce in another uniform. But anything is possible

Hellcrooner
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
its fairly possible that he optsout but only to take a paycut that allows the team to go for a big Fa.

Its possile Ray Allen takes a hughediscount too

ZebraCity916
10-13-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't see him leaving. He's been in Boston his whole career. He got a ring and now the Celtics are about to go after another one. I don't know why he would.

JordansBulls
10-13-2009, 11:51 PM

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1204248&format=text

do you think if boston doesnt compete like they are suppose to and with paul saying he wont guarantee his option year yet that there is a chance he could opt out and become a free agent and sign with another team thats a competitor?

I highly doubt it.

DP&Youk1520
10-13-2009, 11:55 PM
though what if he helps the c's win there 18th title and becomes nba finals MVP then theres a good chance that he opts out! he would say hey i won 2 titles and been the finals MVP twice its time for me to get the big pay check!

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2009, 01:34 AM
though what if he helps the c's win there 18th title and becomes nba finals MVP then theres a good chance that he opts out! he would say hey i won 2 titles and been the finals MVP twice its time for me to get the big pay check!

well actually pierce is set to makel ike 20 million if he doesnt opt out. i say thats a pretty big pay day

DP&Youk1520
10-14-2009, 01:39 AM
well actually pierce is set to makel ike 20 million if he doesnt opt out. i say thats a pretty big pay day
good point

DaaBoTownSox
10-14-2009, 01:51 AM

To me, As long as KG & Ray are on the team they will be competitive, and as long as they are on the team he won't be opting out. Crazier things have happened though.