PDA

View Full Version : "Team" Problem

BomberFan
10-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Here's the deal, I've been a pretty big Cavs fan since 2003, when Lebron arrived. And I've had no problem with being a loyal fan since then, but have fun into a problem. I live in the NJ/NY area, and obviously can't go to many games every year. And within the past year I've stopped following them so religiously, and am sick of following this team halfway across the country. I'm not convinced on what I should do, and need some advice. Should I just be a fan of the NBA, and not be a fan of any team? Should I stay with the Cavs, and just not be a big fan. Or should I make a switch to a close team, and follow them? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

PBG
10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
get the nba season package thingy.... lol

BomberFan
10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
I get it every year lol.

b_rad23
10-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Hop on the NJ or NYK bandwagon before they get their superstar.

I like NJ more, probably because I hate the Knicks somewhat.

You were just a Lebron fan anyway, which you can still be regardless of your team.

Gotta love Lopez-Harris-T-Will-Lee etc.

topdog
10-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah NJ would be my choice over the Knicks, but take it from a T-wolves fans - even if your team sucks it can still be fun watch them and you can always find bright spots and hope for the future.

That said, it's always nice to catch a game with your favorite player every once in awhile and some games are fun to watch regardless of who's playing - go local but be an NBA fan too.

Toenail Clipper
10-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Start cheering for the Clippers.
Everyone knows they suck, but once they get good, they will still consider them as sucky

BomberFan
10-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I really appreciate it. Though it might seem like a stupid situation, it's actually bothering me, lol.

ZebraCity916
10-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Just follow what ever team is from or closest to your hometown.

clutchski
10-14-2009, 12:05 AM
I would stay a Cavs fan at heart, but get really involved in another team in terms of stats and so on. Then over time your preference will naturally show haha. I'm a big raps fan, but have been following the Hawks for a long time and know all about them.

spacemandave
10-14-2009, 12:05 AM
well ive been a huge hornets fan since i was the shortest kid in elementary school and idolized muggsy...i root for the knicks(nyer) and will prob actually start to care a little if they get a stud and get any good but, still love hornets over them. altho i do say if they do something crazy like dump cp3(wouldnt put past shinn), then i just cant be taken advantage of like that just bc i loved muggsy in elementary school and would become a knicks fan.

rabueed
10-14-2009, 06:20 AM
I would stay a Cavs fan at heart, but get really involved in another team in terms of stats and so on. Then over time your preference will naturally show haha. I'm a big raps fan, but have been following the Hawks for a long time and know all about them.

yeah, true.

I'm a huge Lakers fan, obviously, but my next three favorite teams are easily the Blazers, Nuggets, and Bulls. I love those teams, I keep tabs on them all the time, but I only have a passion about wins/losses for the Lakers.

Nothing gets my night dreary and teary
like a Laker loss does sincerely. :D << (haha, I just made that up!)

JayW_1023
10-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Just follow the team that suits your likings best. If Stephen Jackson would just shut up about touches and trades and help the team win, I'm sure a team like Golden State with lots of young talent would be more fun to root for too.

I just don't root for knuckleheads like Jackson who think everything revolves around them. I would root for teams that collectively want to win basketball games like the Spurs, Lakers and Celtics.

blackjack_119
10-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Start cheering for the Clippers.
Everyone knows they suck, but once they get good, they will still consider them as sucky

Isn't "the Clippers becoming good" one of the signs of the apocalypse?

MTone8788
10-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I never heard a real fan of any team asking who to be a fan of. So maybe you should quit watching sports.

BomberFan
10-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I never heard a real fan of any team asking who to be a fan of. So maybe you should quit watching sports.

Hey *******, why don't you focus on your own **** and get out of my business. I am a true fan of the Yankees, which I'm sure are better than your MLB team, and will always stay true to them. I asked for advice from fellow knowledgeable sports fans, which obviously isn't you. So my advice to you is get a life, and don't respond to my posts unless you say something that's above a third-grade level. Thanks.

MTone8788
10-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Hey *******, why don't you focus on your own **** and get out of my business. I am a true fan of the Yankees, which I'm sure are better than your MLB team, and will always stay true to them. I asked for advice from fellow knowledgeable sports fans, which obviously isn't you. So my advice to you is get a life, and don't respond to my posts unless you say something that's above a third-grade level. Thanks.

Coming from the guy who called Cleveland halfway across the country from NJ/NY hahaha, right....

Congrats on your yankees, hopefully my favorite team gets to play them in the World Series...

And yeah, my post really displayed my lack of knowledge of sports.. how's that? haha

And I was right, if you are a fan of a team, or really want to be a fan of a team, why are you asking other people?

FAKE.. FAN...

Sorry, public forum, you can't keep me out.

Kyle N.
10-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Well if you don't like the Cavs anymore then you don't like the Cavs. I guess I would say root for the local team them. Can't go too wrong there.

AK-50
10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
its no problem just follow them as much as you can but imo to be a fan of any team you gotta be a fan of the league first. when i follow NCAA my team is the Texas Longhorns basketball and football dont watch too many games because Texas is far from where i live but when they do show i dont miss them and still support them and i have no problem watching other NCAA teams when they're not showing the horns on tv

BomberFan
10-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Coming from the guy who called Cleveland halfway across the country from NJ/NY hahaha, right....

Congrats on your yankees, hopefully my favorite team gets to play them in the World Series...

And yeah, my post really displayed my lack of knowledge of sports.. how's that? haha

And I was right, if you are a fan of a team, or really want to be a fan of a team, why are you asking other people?

FAKE.. FAN...

Sorry, public forum, you can't keep me out.

A fake fan is someone who thinks they know a lot about the team they like, but actually don't. I know a lot about every team I become a fan of. Go trash someone else's thread. And you have not impressed me with anything you say, therefore I don't know if you are even a high school graduate. Say something intelligent, and I'll take back my statement about your third grade intelligence level.

abe_froman
10-15-2009, 03:14 PM
A fake fan is someone who thinks they know a lot about the team they like, but actually don't. I know a lot about every team I become a fan of. Go trash someone else's thread.

no your confusing that with a casual fan.even if you dont follow a team religiously doesnt make you fake.fake is one is a bandwagoner,someone who doesnt really care and jumps from fav team to fav team

for you does see why you have to abandon the cav's even if they are far away.now,you can do what i did for awhile.i followed the local team(when in rome...) but i never stopped being a fan of my own

so even far away you dont have to abandon your team

MTone8788
10-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Okay fine, I'll say something more relevant to your thread.

Apparently it seems like you like the Cavs, so even though you are not close to them, continue being a fan. You say you are in the NJ/NY area, so maybe you'll be close enough to catch them in person when they play the Knicks or the Nets.

But, I think you can also be a fan of multiple teams if you appreciate the sport entirely, or particular players from a team.

I'm a hardcore Sixers fan, but I like a few different teams for their certains players (spurs for TD and tony parker, Suns for Amare, etc.) but I'm truly a Sixers fan at heart.

Truce?

BomberFan
10-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Okay fine, I'll say something more relevant to your thread.

Apparently it seems like you like the Cavs, so even though you are not close to them, continue being a fan. You say you are in the NJ/NY area, so maybe you'll be close enough to catch them in person when they play the Knicks or the Nets.

But, I think you can also be a fan of multiple teams if you appreciate the sport entirely, or particular players from a team.

I'm a hardcore Sixers fan, but I like a few different teams for their certains players (spurs for TD and tony parker, Suns for Amare, etc.) but I'm truly a Sixers fan at heart.

Truce?

Thank you. I appreciate it. I'm the first one to call someone a "fake fan", but it's been bugging me lately that I'm really not follwing the Cavs as much as I used to, and being a fan of a team hours and hours away kind of got old after the "I'M A WITNESS" phase kind of wore off. I wanted to be a part of a fanbase near myself, and not one of the Cavs fans who just liked the team because of Lebron(even though they all grew on me and I eventually followed the team religiously from 05-09). Take it for what it's worth..And hopefully we get along better after this lol. Truce accepted.

ThuglifeJ
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Fake fan.

ThuglifeJ
10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
actually I take that back.

one of the worst fans I've ever heard of. Mabye you just shouldnt consider urself a fan is my advice.

Kinda a typical Cavs fan. I started liking the Cavs when LeBron joined. (not disrespecting the Cavs, but honestly you have to admit most their fan base is unNBAeducated or little kids). Not all but I'd say half..

rsweene
10-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Jesus, just do what you want to do. Watch basketball and root for whoever you want to win. Follow who you want to. Gs, you sound like a chick

Bulls_fan90
10-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Stay a fan of the Cavs. I mean look at this forum, u get people posting from around the world, some will never get the chance to go to an NBA game in their lives. For me it dosent matter how far away the team i support is.

jimbobjarree
10-15-2009, 08:56 PM
get some weed in, and a few hookers and you'll forget all about your problem

_KB24_
10-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Where are you from? NJ or NY? You have to support your own team no matter how bad they are. It is a unwritten rule bro...

smith&wesson
10-15-2009, 09:03 PM
eh man your from the east coast, why not cheer jersey, they just got a billionare owner, and they have alot of cap space to pick up stars, also they are already working with a good yonge core that can only get better.

cheers homie.

Ray_R
10-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Isn't "the Clippers becoming good" one of the signs of the apocalypse?

:hide:

MrFastBreak
10-16-2009, 02:16 AM
Im not trying to sound funny or nothing but... You shouldn't have just hopped on a team that you didnt even like before in the first place, just because LeBron came. That is called bandwagoning, my friend. You know, the 2002-03 Nets werent bad anyways. They had a waaay better season than the Cavs that year despite losing in the finals. Not to mention, they got VC that next year.

Raph12
10-16-2009, 02:27 AM
The Nets are moving to Brooklyn, should be near where you live, plus with a possible big FA signing, Harris, Lopez, Lee, Yi, etc... the future looks bright for that ball club.

KBfrom8to24
10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Here's the deal, I've been a pretty big Cavs fan since 2003, when Lebron arrived. And I've had no problem with being a loyal fan since then, but have fun into a problem. I live in the NJ/NY area, and obviously can't go to many games every year. And within the past year I've stopped following them so religiously, and am sick of following this team halfway across the country. I'm not convinced on what I should do, and need some advice. Should I just be a fan of the NBA, and not be a fan of any team? Should I stay with the Cavs, and just not be a big fan. Or should I make a switch to a close team, and follow them? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Forget Lebroom he's a loser. Be a fan of Kobe 4ever, a true winner...

BomberFan
10-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Im not trying to sound funny or nothing but... You shouldn't have just hopped on a team that you didnt even like before in the first place, just because LeBron came. That is called bandwagoning, my friend. You know, the 2002-03 Nets werent bad anyways. They had a waaay better season than the Cavs that year despite losing in the finals. Not to mention, they got VC that next year.

I've been a true fan of them since 2003, watching game after game not only because of Lebron, but because of the entire team. It's just that I'm not nearly as interested as I once was.

BomberFan
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM
actually I take that back.

one of the worst fans I've ever heard of. Mabye you just shouldnt consider urself a fan is my advice.

Kinda a typical Cavs fan. I started liking the Cavs when LeBron joined. (not disrespecting the Cavs, but honestly you have to admit most their fan base is unNBAeducated or little kids). Not all but I'd say half..

You are funny. I'm a huge fan of the game, regardless of the team I like. You have no reason to call me a fake fan, because I was a die-hard fan and went to numerous games from around 2005 to 2008. Last year I lost interest, and I'm having trouble watching a team miles and miles away.

Your name is ThugLife on a basketball forum, who do you think you are? You're a wannabe if I've ever seen one. Get a life, homie.

Go get crunk with ya boys, and stop answering to my posts, Mr. Thug.

S.J.Basketball
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Should you switch teams? Follow a closer team or just not watch the NBA at all?

********. God help you when you actually have to make a tough life decision and can't post it on a forum. Geezus....

BomberFan
10-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Should you switch teams? Follow a closer team or just not watch the NBA at all?

********. God help you when you actually have to make a tough life decision and can't post it on a forum. Geezus....

I've actually had open-heart surgery you dumb ****. Why post in this thread if you have nothing encouraging to say?

Young and Stupid
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM
You are funny. I'm a huge fan of the game, regardless of the team I like. You have no reason to call me a fake fan, because I was a die-hard fan and went to numerous games from around 2005 to 2008. Last year I lost interest, and I'm having trouble watching a team miles and miles away.

Your name is ThugLife on a basketball forum, who do you think you are? You're a wannabe if I've ever seen one. Get a life, homie.

Go get crunk with ya boys, and stop answering to my posts, Mr. Thug.

Couple things:
1. You sound like a chick, if we have to tell you who to root for then....whats the point. I mean come on you're better than that.
2. That right there man Ima take that as racism so relax with all that.
3. If you like LeBron become a Nets fan because he'll be there next year.
4. Don't call other people immature when you are asking people who you should root for.
5. Chill out...

sofargone
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
bomberfan, just like whatever team you like. if we tell you anything would you actually care to listen to us? if you like lebron just like whatever team hes on.

BomberFan
10-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Couple things:
1. You sound like a chick, if we have to tell you who to root for then....whats the point. I mean come on you're better than that.
2. That right there man Ima take that as racism so relax with all that.
3. If you like LeBron become a Nets fan because he'll be there next year.
4. Don't call other people immature when you are asking people who you should root for.
5. Chill out...

Sorry if I offended you with that comment. I'm not at all a racist and have many friends from all different cultures.