PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Writer lists his: NBA All Overrated Team (lot of stars mentioned)

JordansBulls
10-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Source: Detroitbadboys (http://www.detroitbadboys.com/archives/2009-10-10/nba-all-overrated-team/)

F – Hedo Turkoglu
Serious people think that Vince Carter is a downgrade for Orlando. Even John Hollinger, who is normally pretty level headed, doesn’t mind the fact that the Raptors just bankrupted themselves to sign a decidedly average player entering his thirties, possibly at the expense of Chris Bosh. It seems like people have loved this guy forever. I don’t get it. Also, shouldn’t his fans be called Hedonists? Why don’t people make that joke? Just because it’s hacky?

F – Carmelo Anthony
If it weren’t for the fact that he was drafted in the same draft as LeBron James, would anyone regard this guy as a superstar? Anthony’s talented, but consistently phones in the first half of the season. There’s a reason he’s only played in two all-star games (once as an alternate). He was 33rd in Player Efficiency Rating last year, and really the third best performer on his own team.

C – Rasheed Wallace
Honestly, I think he makes Boston worse. They are already an elite defensive squad, and his mediocre three point shooting will take opportunities from more effective shooters. Oh, and Boston relies on chemistry more than any other team. Also, anyone else as glad as I am that we don’t have to hear “Rasheed would be the best big man in the league if he’d stick to the post” 80 games a year? Nonsense. Sour grapes? Perhaps, but ‘Sheed certainly hastened the fermentation process.

G- Derrick Rose
Rose moves up to the first team this year, after a decent rookie campaign has everyone talking superstar. He could make the leap, but it’s equally possible he simply turns into an above average combo-guard, and it’s not out of the question that he turns into Larry Hughes. Minus the defense, of course.

G- Ricky “The Princess” Rubio
Of course, he’s not in the NBA, having shunned the opportunity to shoot 18% from the floor for the Minnesota Timberwolves (it’s a blessing in disguise… Trust me.). His assist to turnover ratio isn’t that impressive, meaning this pass-only guard is an average passer. And this guy was upset that he didn’t get to go to New York? Yeah, that would’ve gone well. But, again, Steve Nash can shoot, whereas Rubio cannot. Have fun dropping 6 ppg in Euroball. The NBA will still be here when you decide to come back and become the white Jamaal Tinsley.

F – Lamar Odom
Remember the Lamar Odom “saga”? Since when is the question of whether the fourth best player on a team re-signs to that team elevated to saga status? What is it with fourth best players on championship caliber teams (see: Hedo Turkoglu)? Maybe he’s just more overexposed than overrated. Between being hyped out of Rhode Island, the constant trade rumors, and Kim Kardashian, no player has been the topic of more off the court press than Odom. Well, except Ron Artest and Kobe Bryant… You know what? I’m just not gonna tune in to ESPN this year.

F – Paul Pierce
What has he done without Kevin Garnett? For a guy who’s considered a Hall of Fame lock, isn’t it reasonable to ask? Perhaps it’s only fair that Pierce is earning kudos now. For years, he was underrated, laboring for some poorly stocked squads. But his production has slipped below all-star caliber, and he’s actually one reason why I don’t think the Celtics belong in the same discussion as Orlando and Cleveland.

C - Andris Biedrins
Truth be told, the vast majority of centers in this league are underrated. Shaq is considered washed up, even though he just registered an all-star season. Nene may have been the best player on the Nuggets last year. I’m gonna go with a guy who is overrated by stat geeks. Why? Cuz I gotta pet theory:

Players who grab a lot of rebounds for poor rebounding teams posting high FG% in limited attempts do not add nearly so many wins to their teams as objective analyses would expect. Simply put, if you’re the only big man on your team who gives a damn, you’re going to get a high percentage of rebounds. Chris Kaman, Troy Murphy, Kurt Thomas… Remember Danny Fortson? Rebounding is important, in principle, but it’s the stat I trust the least when assessing a player’s value.

G – Mo Williams
Make no mistake, the addition of Williams made the Cavs a much better team, but that has quite a bit to do with the slop he was replacing at his position. His BJ Armstrong-esque all-star selection gets him on this list, though his disastrous playoff run cooled the Williams fire a bit, and I have a sneaking suspicion it might be a harbinger of performances to come.

G – Kobe Bryant
There is no way in the world I’d rather have him than LeBron, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Tim Duncan or a healthy Dwyane Wade (which, I think Dwyane Wade’s new nickname should be “A Healthy Dwyane Wade”… AHDW for short? Who’s with me?) In other words, he only makes the NBA Top 5 as an injured reserve. The fact that Kobe vs. LeBron articles are even written is absurd.

:mad::mad::facepalm::crazy::bang::laugh::censored: :drunk::bs:

JordansBulls
10-13-2009, 01:49 PM
This was his list in 2008

2008 List - DetroitBadboys (http://www.detroitbadboys.com/archives/2008-10-10/all-overrated-first-and-second-teams-2/)

FIRST TEAM
James Posey – F

This year’s winner of the Robert Horry memorial over-hyped role player award. James Posey has all the characteristics. He’s a solid defender, hits threes, and is kinda funny looking. He has rings. Oh, and he meets the most important qualification. He isn’t very good. Have fun paying this guy until he can draw Social Security, New Orleans.

Josh Smith – F

How do you jump from my underrated list to my overrated list in one year? Here’s how. Smith’s popularity skyrocketed this year while his production remained the same. The Hawks improbable playoff run didn’t help matters any. He has shown glimpses of greatness, but has also shown more glimpses of not having his head on straight. With the Hawks piddling away Josh Childress in the offseason… well, there’s nothing like a 30 win season to cool your jets.

Marcus Camby – C

Welcome back, Marcus. Of course, being traded to the Clippers is a surefire way to ensure that you are not on this list next year. Camby’s not a bad player, but his reputation (as well as his undeserved DPOY award) are based upon inflated rebounding and blocking numbers. When not playing for the league’s fastest team, as well as its only rebounding and shot-blocking presence, expect his number to more accurately reflect his talents.

Brandon Roy – G

There are folks who think that Portland will compete for a championship this year. That’s how overvalued Roy has become. He had a very solid campaign, and will be a borderline all-star for years to come, but a 13-game win streak last season elevated his reputation to a level unmatched by his output. Portland could be good, or even great, but that has more to do with the big guy who missed all of last season than Roy.

Tracy McGrady – G

Lost in the shuffle of the Rockets’ weird win streak and miracle playoff birth was the utter banality of Tracy McGrady’s season. Writers attributed his reduced scoring average to his team play (you know you are overrated when sportswriters cite your negatives as positives) but it had more to do with his missing lots of shots. McGrady hit a putrid 29% from three-point range last year, with high volume.

SECOND TEAM

Carmelo Anthony – F

Well, he’s certainly better than Darko. That said, after five straight years of good but not great play, it’s time to re-adjust the ceiling. As Denver learned the hard way, Melo simply isn’t the centerpiece of a championship ball-club. Let me put it this way, could you imagine what LeBron would do with that supporting cast? Win rings, that’s what.

Hedo Turkoglu – F

Last season was an absolute fluke from the guy who looks like the extra from every Eastern European mob scene. Actually, the first 55 games or so of the season were a fluke, and the rest of the season (including the playoffs) had Turkoglu returning to his career norms. He’s a decent player, and his long-range output makes him a nice compliment to Dwight Howard’s post play. But anyone expecting Orlando to make the leap had better hope Mickael Pietrus is the truth.

Dasagana Diop – C

To be fair, he might only be overrated in Mark Cuban’s eyes. On the championship contending Mavs, Diop was a nice piece. The Shaqs, Duncans and Garnetts of the world needed someone who could foul six times without giving up a three-point play. For the new look (non-contending) Mavs, he’ll be a liability. The Mavericks needed to new blood on offense, and instead threw the MLE at the guy who was a throw-in for the disastrous Kidd trade last year. What’s weird is that it probably took that just to secure his services. Ah, to be seven feet tall.

Derrick Rose – G

No love for the first pick. I think Chicago biffed this draft, passing on a nearly sure-fire big man when they have a competent backcourt already. In college, Rose averaged just under 15, 5 and 5, and shot 33% from three-point range. Top competition or no, does that scream first overall pick to you? As a combo-guard, he’ll need to either rebound or hit the long ball to be very effective. I’m not optimistic.

Stephen Jackson - GFC

What is his position? I’m not going to call him a center, Nellie Ball or no Nellie Ball. Jackson is overrated for a couple of reasons. First, he plays a lot of minutes on a team that plays at a very fast pace, which amplifies his scoring numbers. Second, there was a time when everyone though he’d be dead or in prison by age 30, so the bar was pretty low. But I about spit up on my keyboard when one sportswriter said he is now arguably the best player on the Warriors. He is 4th (behind Ellis, Bidrins and Maggette) at best.

Toenail Clipper
10-13-2009, 01:51 PM
And LeBron is not overrated? HAHAHAHA

Hellcrooner
10-13-2009, 01:52 PM
if this dude stil has a job writing so much ******** i will send him a mail in two years when rubio is kikinc ***.

Or shoudl i just send him one when hedo si doing perfectly fina and taking the raptors back to playoffsl?

He obvciusly has an anti euro bias.

and is a laker hater of course.

Gators123
10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
I dont think think the guy is a "real" writer. It's not hard to make your own site and write whatever you want to.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Rubio hasn't even played yet, there is nothing to rate
And Kobe isn't overrated.
the rest are all possible.

Jays Claw
10-13-2009, 02:07 PM
The guy makes some very good points. I for one agree that Hedo Turkoglu shouldn't have received the money he just got this summer. The only thing that irritates me is that he called Hedo Turkoglu the fourth best player on the Orlando Magic last year. I know Hedo Turkoglu isn't a consistent scorer and isn't a good rebounder for his size, but he did things that people still overlook. Hedo Turkoglu handled the ball for most of the playoffs because Jameer Nelson wasn't healthy and Rafer Alston turned the ball over frequently. He created mismatches that favored the Orlando Magic and was clutch in late game situations. This writer also mentions that the Toronto Raptors have handcuffed themselves financially because of acquiring Hedo Turkoglu. That statement seems to be true at the moment but in the future it won't.

asandhu23
10-13-2009, 02:10 PM
he's an idiot. :pity:

NiTEFuRY
10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
This is just one guy and his opinion. Not that I want to distance myself as I have not really read the article - but he is not a contributing writer to any credible news source.

ShockerArt
10-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I dont think think the guy is a "real" writer. It's not hard to make your own site and write whatever you want to.

... and write exactly like Bill Simmons.

Anyways,

Rose is legit.

He would only take Howard and Paul over Kobe b/c of the age difference, unless he's an idiot. Kobe is a stud.

Pierce is a Hall of Famer and a great player. He may be in the latter stages of his career, but a lot of teams would take a killer like him any day.

Why attack Rubio? Let's wait until he comes to the NBA.

The rest are ok.

JordansBulls
10-13-2009, 02:16 PM
It's interesting that he doesn't list one Pistons player that was actually playing on the team at the time in either 2007, 2008, or 2009.

abe_froman
10-13-2009, 02:17 PM

:nod: yeah jb,calling him writer like he's a member of the det media or something is giving him way more legitimacy than he deserves.so its kinda silly to get upset over this

rrude
10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
it's pretty funny stuff even if you don't agree with all of it (Kobe). and he's right on some of it (Rubio).

Bob_at_york
10-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Has this guy done anything to earn our respect? If he has, then I am glad he didn't put Bosh on his list. :)

Reddd
10-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Wow he's acting like Kobe is somekind of an 2 time fluke all-star

Wilson
10-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I actually agree with him on Lamar Odom. I love Lamar, but his importance to the Lakers and his relationship with Khloe Whatever (I can't remember the last name :o) were in the news way too often.

I'm happy to have him stay with the Lakers, and it's cool that he got married, but we really didn't need to be beaten over the head with this information so much...

jim51990
10-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I actully think this list is very good
The two gripes pierce and kobe are explained so that I get what he is saying

Teeboy1487
10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
What a moron. Who is paying him to write articles? I stop reading after Carmelo's name. He obviously don't watch no one, but Detroit.

MTone8788
10-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Lamar is with Khloe, not Kim.

Wilson
10-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Lamar is with Khloe, not Kim.

Thanks for the correction :hi5: :p

BoognishMN
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
I actualy like the list minus the Kobe selection. Although I liked Ricky Rubio better when he was named Carlos Aryo

JIDsanity
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
For the most part last years predictions are accurate. Scary

MTone8788
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the correction :hi5: :p

I had to, because that was so disrespectful :-p

Lakerfan In NY
10-13-2009, 03:00 PM
It's interesting that he doesn't list one Pistons player that was actually playing on the team at the time in either 2007, 2008, or 2009.

If u consider P Pierce & Kobe Bryant overrated...what are Rip & Prince b/c since Billups left, they are like ghosts...

Lakerfan In NY
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I actually agree with him on Lamar Odom. I love Lamar, but his importance to the Lakers and his relationship with Khloe Whatever (I can't remember the last name :o) were in the news way too often.

I'm happy to have him stay with the Lakers, and it's cool that he got married, but we really didn't need to be beaten over the head with this information so much...

You can blame LO for what newspaper & TMZ want to write about... It's not like they were running around, in the spotlight about there relationship...Beside the fact that this guys call LO the 4th best on the team tells you alot about him...He must not have watch the finals...Or noticed LO +/- when he on the floor...

nitric
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
How exactly is Rose overrated? He put Rose in 2nd overrated team before even WATCHING him play in the NBA. After Rose wins Roy, takes his team to playoffs AND makes playoff history he puts him in the 1st overrated team? Lmao

rsweene
10-13-2009, 03:26 PM
He must have a thing for the lakers

balla4life22
10-13-2009, 03:31 PM
If u consider P Pierce & Kobe Bryant overrated...what are Rip & Prince b/c since Billups left, they are like ghosts...

very good point. You can't win without at least 1 or 2 other stars on the team

Gators123
10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
very good point. You can't win without at least 1 or 2 other stars on the team

When the pistons won the title in 2004 did you consider any of them stars? All of them were players NOBODY else wanted. You don't need 3 stars to win.

Rocktober2009
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
This moron makes me wonder if going to school to be a sports writer is really worth my time anymore. He is a ****ing ******.

How does he even have a ****ing job?

Wilson
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
You can blame LO for what newspaper & TMZ want to write about... It's not like they were running around, in the spotlight about there relationship...Beside the fact that this guys call LO the 4th best on the team tells you alot about him...He must not have watch the finals...Or noticed LO +/- when he on the floor...

I'm not saying it was Lamar's fault, I'm just saying it all got pretty over-hyped.

Ebbs
10-13-2009, 04:06 PM
he's an idiot. :pity:

Your sig dog **** :clap::speechless:

mikantsass
10-13-2009, 04:08 PM
F – Hedo Turkoglu
I agree Hedo is a very average player that is seen to be a super-star.

F – Carmelo Anthony
He is wrong about Melo. He is a stud and not over-rated

C – Rasheed Wallace
Definately over-rated at this point in his career.

G- Derrick Rose
Definately over-rated at this point in his career. Has the potential to be a superstar, but until he actually proves it, he is over-rated.

G- Ricky “The Princess” Rubio
Agree 100%. Most over-rated princess of the decade.

F – Lamar Odom
Solid bench player that disappears a ton. Agree he is over-rated.

F – Paul Pierce
PP went from being extremely under-rated to extremely over-rated. Solid player but too over-rated.

C - Andris Biedrins
Dont get to see him play too much but from what I have seen he is solid. Compare his play to the level of attention he gets= not over-rated

G – Mo Williams
Agree Williams is wayyyyyy over-rated

G – Kobe Bryant
Completely disagree. Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Period end of story. Not over-rated

Hellcrooner
10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
funny how people talk bout a plauer they never seen play.

JordansBulls
10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
How exactly is Rose overrated? He put Rose in 2nd overrated team before even WATCHING him play in the NBA. After Rose wins Roy, takes his team to playoffs AND makes playoff history he puts him in the 1st overrated team? Lmao

Especially when he mentioned that we had a sure fire thing in a big man.

JWO35
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
This isn't a Detroit Writer, this is some dudes blog...this isn't the Free Press or Detroit News.

btw his 2008 Overrated list is pretty good (most of them)

SteveNash
10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
His comments are pretty stupid, but:
Hedo Turkoglu
Carmelo Anthony
Derrick Rose
Ricky Rubio
Lamar Odom
Paul Pierce
Andris Biedrins
Mo Williams

Are all overrated.

B.JenningsMVP
10-13-2009, 04:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHHA wow fail..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2009, 04:32 PM
WTF???
Kobe overrated:mad::mad:

JasonJohnHorn
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Pierce got to the conference finals without Garnett, just like Garnett got there without Pierce, and just like Ray Allen got there without either of them, so all three of them can compete without the other, and all three of them are better with each other. Pierce is not overrated at all.

Rose is awesome. Unlike most rookies, he has great field-goald percentage, low turnovers and low personal fouls. Rookies almost always improve those catagories in their sophomore year, and he was already playing like a pro in those statistical catagories and even showed some clutch play as a rookie which I haven't seen or heard of since Magic's rookie year (not saying he's as good as Magic, just saying that playing above your season averages as a rookie in the playoffs is impressive).

Lamar Odom is a huge piece to the Lakers, and I dare anybody to name three players on that squad that are better than Odom, as I can only think of two.

Turkaglu: we will see how overrated he is when Orlando plays a season without him. What Orlando does without Turkaglue will speak volumes to what he brings to the court, even if his field-goal percentage is a little low.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
His comments are pretty stupid, but:
Hedo Turkoglu
Carmelo Anthony
Derrick Rose
Ricky Rubio
Lamar Odom
Paul Pierce
Andris Biedrins
Mo Williams

Are all overrated.

How the hell are these guys overrated???

Lakersfan2483
Source: Detroitbadboys (http://www.detroitbadboys.com/archives/2009-10-10/nba-all-overrated-team/)

Melo, Pierce and Kobe are definitely not overrated. This guy had an agenda when he wrote the article and just wanted attention.

Lakersfan2483
10-13-2009, 04:38 PM
The list is garbage.

MackSnackWrap
10-13-2009, 04:38 PM
i agree with some of them like Melo and pierce but theres some that are just whack like Kobe really?

PBG
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
theyre just opinions fellas, dont get them panties in a bunch now.....

miller74
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Man this guy really hates Turkoglu, he thinks Vince Carter is an upgrade? I guess he didnt factor in heart, determination, durability and being a team player. Carter is an uprgade in the dunk contest and thats about it.
And to call Kobe Bryant overrated is just silly come on now

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
He was proven wrong by Rose, Roy, Turkoglu, Smith and Anthony last year.

SteveNash
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM
How the hell are these guys overrated???

Carmelo, the writer was right in that being in the same draft class as LeBron helped his stock. Same with Bosh. There's also the scoring with little else. The inconsistent play due. The injury issues.

Rose, well his team sucked with him leading it. Then the Bulls get Hinrich back and trade for Miller/Salmons. Suddenly Rose "led" the Bulls into the playoffs. Then he plays a great game 1 against the Celtics, however the Celtics played like garbage defensively and Rose sucks the rest of the series, while getting constantly murdered by Rondo. Plus there's the whole choking in overtime issue.

Odom, plays for the Lakers. Is the jack of all trades master of none type player that always gets overrated. Has the mental issues that can make him very inconsistent game to game. Has been pretty consistent throughout the season during his career but now he's being treated as if he's some great player.

JVene
10-13-2009, 05:01 PM
The most over rated player in basketball is Rajon Rondo. Any one can play on that boston team and put up numbers like that guy. How could you not when your playing with 3 hall of famers on the court with you at all times. Put him on an average team and hes nothing but a decent role player good for 6 points 5 assists and a 1 steal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Carmelo, the writer was right in that being in the same draft class as LeBron helped his stock. Same with Bosh. There's also the scoring with little else. The inconsistent play due. The injury issues.

Rose, well his team sucked with him leading it. Then the Bulls get Hinrich back and trade for Miller/Salmons. Suddenly Rose "led" the Bulls into the playoffs. Then he plays a great game 1 against the Celtics, however the Celtics played like garbage defensively and Rose sucks the rest of the series, while getting constantly murdered by Rondo. Plus there's the whole choking in overtime issue.

Odom, plays for the Lakers. Is the jack of all trades master of none type player that always gets overrated. Has the mental issues that can make him very inconsistent game to game. Has been pretty consistent throughout the season during his career but now he's being treated as if he's some great player.

You are saying that he aint a good player!
He's a TOP 15 PF in the league and the best point forward in the league

SteveNash
10-13-2009, 05:06 PM

So lets see...

There's 30 teams in the league....

Half of 30 is 15.....

Odom is a TOP 15 so lets just say he's the 15th best PF in the league...

Meaning Odom is an average starting PF in the league...

Edit: actually, I wouldn't even put him in the top 15, meaning he's a below average starting PF.

lavell12
10-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Vince Carter is the second most overrated player in the NBA (T-Mac number 1). Hedo is clutch while Carter is far from the guy you want takiing the shot at the end of the game. All Vince Carter is good for is a few dunks.

Kobe is better than LeBron.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
So lets see...

Half of 30 is 15.....

Edit: actually, I wouldn't even put him in the top 15, meaning he's a below average starting PF.

That is, my friend, a total EPIC FAIL!!!

SteveNash
10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
That is, my friend, a total EPIC FAIL!!!

No, epic fail is saying Odom is a better point forward than LeBron.

Starting PFs clearly better than Odom:
LaMarcus Aldridge
Elton Brand
Carlos Boozer
Chris Bosh
Kevin Garnett
Pau Gasol
Antawn Jamison
Rashard Lewis
Paul Millsap
Dirk Nowitzki
Luis Scola
Josh Smith
Amar'e Stoudemire
Rasheed Wallace
David West

Wilson
10-13-2009, 05:27 PM
So lets see...

Half of 30 is 15.....

Lamar is a good power forward. The problem he's always had in LA is that he can't be relied on to be a second scoring option, which the Lakers always needed him to be before the '07-'08 season. As soon as Lamar became the third option though, he started playing the best basketball he'd ever played in LA.

As long as he doesn't have to score a ton of points, he's fine. He can rebound with the best in the league, pass very well, and works hard on defense despite not being particularly talented there. He's also a great locker room presence.

He's not a great PF, but he's certainly not a below average one.

Vince Carter is the second most overrated player in the NBA (T-Mac number 1). Hedo is clutch while Carter is far from the guy you want takiing the shot at the end of the game. All Vince Carter is good for is a few dunks.

I'm not really a fan of Vince Carter, but he's more than just a dunker. He's actually gotten better during his career, and has developed into a very good all-around perimeter scoring threat.

Chronz
10-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Alot of dead on stuff but of course some fan boys are gonna get riled up and call him a moron.... typical

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2009, 05:29 PM

I should T-BAG you for saying that.

Lebron>>>>>>>Odom

Ray_R
10-13-2009, 05:34 PM
he probally predicted the lions going 16-0 last season

MiamiHeat
10-13-2009, 05:41 PM

before the Bulls traded for Miller/Salmons the Bulls weren't headed to the playoffs so I don't know if he took the Bulls to the playoffs, help them...yes but he didn't lead the Bulls to the playoffs

yes he made playoffs history but they lost the series...

PBG
10-13-2009, 05:43 PM

Lebron>>>>>>>Odom

:laugh2: clutch!

LAcowBOMBER
10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Lamar Odom was the third best player on the team that won the championship and caused matchup problems for the entire playoffs. I don't know how he can be overrated.

The Kobe part is just laughable

Most of his list is ridiculous except for Rasheed and Turkoglou

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2009, 05:51 PM

Lebron>>>>>>>Odom

:facepalm:

Lebron aint a point forward!

lakers4sho
10-13-2009, 05:52 PM
theyre just opinions fellas, dont get them panties in a bunch now.....

Yeah but obviously the guy had an agenda before writing these "opinions"

I mean I just don't go on some newspaper blog one day and write LeBron James sucks or anything like that :shrug:

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2009, 05:54 PM
:facepalm:

Lebron aint a point forward!

OMG!

Are you stupid?

Pippen was considered a point forward and Lebron did the same things as Pippen. How is he not a Point Forward.

You don't even know what that term means.

ThuglifeJ
10-13-2009, 08:12 PM

haha this is just evidence that you dont watch basketball.. Why dont you look some stuff up before you run your uneducated mouth. Idk mabye check out 82 games.com or something and realize how mother ****ing clutch Vince Carter is. I'll just pretend I dont see multiple game winners from Vince every single year. Doesnt he also shoot 38% from 3 pt land? hmm...
Even if you dont like their attitudes Tmac and Vince are top players when healthy. Tmac isnt even rated "high" anymore so how can he be overated. I dont like Tmac, but hes a great scorer and good defender. Vince is one of the best offensive players in the league.

Stoppp being soo biaasedd...

btw I actually agree with this list a lot. Minus the Kobe part, that was just dumb. Same with the Derek Rose part, hes got skill.

DaPrimeTime21
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
This list is complete ****ing garbage and whoever wrote it is an idiot!:facepalm:

_KB24_
10-13-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm not going to lie, I was in utter shock when reading the list. I HONESTLY didn't even know Kobe's name was on this list until I scrolled back up to read it once more. The only response I can think of is........ :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

what54!?
10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
:facepalm: kobe and melo.....come on....

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2009, 09:12 PM
This was his list in 2008

2008 List - DetroitBadboys (http://www.detroitbadboys.com/archives/2008-10-10/all-overrated-first-and-second-teams-2/)

i dont agree with this guy on rose. i think he has a stick up his butt for putting him on this list last year and beasley made him look bad as well as did rose by winning rookie of the year and going off on boston. i dont think rose will turn into larry hughes, cause rose has a great work ethic and wants to be good. i mean its only his second year, give the kid a break.

i do agree with hedo. i think everyone is over hyping him. i mean hes good, liked him on the magic, but he isnt in that systdem no more. doesnt have howard setting picks for him and doesnt have the other great shooters the magic had to help him out. i think carter was a much bigger upgrade and will help the magic out more. hedo was over paid and they signed him too damn long because he is getting up there and he will always have a shot, but will lose his sleep and that step in a year or two.

i also agree with kobe in the sense those 5 players he picked i kind of would of picked them over kobe as well. i think wade is the best sg in the NBA and i think if kobe switched places with wade in miami that kobe wouldnt of been able to do what wade was doing in miami or what he did for miami. when kobe lost shaq, his points went up but his defensive numbers went down a lot, but when wade is the main option both his offensive numbers and defensive numbers go up. what im saying is, it took the lakers to have gasol, odom, bynum, ariza who be come a monster this year to win a ring without shaq. i mean no respect to kobe, i think hes real good and all, but in a sense that guy did make sense in what he was saying cause you could of put any of those 5 guys on the lakers this year and they would of still won the championship, but i do think people should be writing articles about wade vs. lebron, not kobe vs. lebron.

zambo4president
10-13-2009, 09:40 PM
:laugh2:

Patsfreak1776
10-13-2009, 09:42 PM
This guy is an idiot! Pierce overrated?!? The guy is a HOFer and CARRIED the Celtics for 10 years before getting an actual team around him.

Bulls_fan90
10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Why no Detriot players. Their team is full of overrated/overpayed players.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-13-2009, 10:03 PM
garbage list. that is some BS.

3RDASYSTEM
10-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Dude has really lost his mind, this may have been said cuz i didnt read all the pages, but last time i checked, everytime team was well loaded and it takes that to win it all(STAR and above talent)...i dont care what people say about that DET 04 title team cuz they had 3 lottery picks(RIP/BILLUPS/R.WALLACE and they got picked 3-7 in draft...those PISTONS teams were also loaded when they won back to back in 80's,all those players make they team better,cuz last time i checked depth mixed with it being talented is what coaches/gm's are always looking for

Ray_R
10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Why no Detriot players. Their team is full of overrated/overpayed players.

:cheers:

_KB24_
10-13-2009, 10:15 PM
and i think if kobe switched places with wade in miami that kobe wouldnt of been able to do what wade was doing in miami or what he did for miami.

Do I really have to bring up Smush Parker and Kwame's name?? Kobe can still do what he did back in those seasons so I don't want to hear the argument that "was 2-3 years ago". Nevertheless, I really do appreciate what Wade was able to do last year, trust me.

when kobe lost shaq, his points went up but his defensive numbers went down a lot, but when wade is the main option both his offensive numbers and defensive numbers go up.

Kobe's defensive numbers have been fairly consistent throughout his career. He is always near the .5-.7 block range and has a career average of 1.5 steals, which is also relatively consistent throughout his career, pre and post Shaq.
Wade has been the main option on both sides for most of his career while Kobe had to play for pretty much all of his "high-flying" years with one of the most dominant players on both offense and defense. I still think that it is remarkable the amount of blocks Kobe got when playing with Shaq.

what im saying is, it took the lakers to have gasol, odom, bynum, ariza who be come a monster this year to win a ring .

It only took Wade Shaq, Payton, Posey, Jones.......
Duncan Robinson, Parker, Ginobli, Bowen
Garnett Pierce, Allen, Rondo, Cassell
You need multiple stars/role players to win a ring. I'd rather take Duncans supporting cast anyday back then.

i think hes real good and all, but in a sense that guy did make sense in what he was saying cause you could of put any of those 5 guys on the lakers this year and they would of still won the championship

That is your opinion and it is completely hypothetical. I can run down a list of MILLION different combinations and "plugging a player onto this team" and you would get a championship caliber team.

WTBBALL21
Most of the list is good expect for Kobe

Turkoglu and Wallace are clearly overated
Odom is a good player, but not what some ppl make him out to be
Pierce is a great player but once again he isnt a top ten player like ppl make him out to be
I like Carmelo, but alot of ppl think he is a top five player which he is not
As for Rose I love his game and think he will become a great player, so I dont agree with him being overated

knickerbockerny
He is out of his mind with Carmelo and Kobe for sure!

ko8e24
10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
the guy is a tool and he can go ___ ___ ___ ___ himself!

goku
10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
kobe paul pierce and melo ,rasheed come on

did he not watch the 2008 finals the truth was reckin threw out the playoffs

kobe is kobe

melo probably the best pure scorer in the league 2 time allstar appearance in that case deron williams should be overrated since he hasnt made the allstar team ...d-will my fav pg

this list is bullshittt

Super.
10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
This guy is a joke. Kobe Bryant is in no way shape or form, overrated.

I love the fact that no player from the 07-09 Pistons are overrated. Sheed is now, but he wasn't a year ago?

The only reason you could call Pierce overrated is when you put him as a top 5 player. He's not. id say he was at his best, the top 3, but now? top 20.

it doesnt take a blind monkey to see that Rose is overrated, at the moment. Sure the kid has the skills to be good, but he cant play defense.

_KB24_
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Goku, props for bringing up the D-will comment :D

nuggetsyankees
10-13-2009, 10:42 PM
what does he have against melo? he put him on the list 2 years in a row

Vee-Rex
10-13-2009, 10:42 PM
My opinion is that it's all relative.

If you ask the Carmelo fans, then they'll overrate him. If you ask the Rasheed Wallace fans, they'll overrate him. Same with Pierce, same with Turkoglu.

I'm not sure if anyone can overrate Kobe, though. He's simply the most skilled in the NBA. Arguably the best to ever play (I don't agree, I think it's MJ). But it can be argued.

I don't think Lebron can be labeled overrated unless someone claims he's the greatest ever. Someone saying he is the best in the NBA today is very arguable.

He was definitely wrong about Brandon Roy that other year that's for sure.

I like you
10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Melo is the third best player on his team LOL
Beidrins is docked because he gets rebounds LOL
Kobe overrated LMAO

JAZZNC
10-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Some are spot on and some are questionable. However, anybody on the planet that says Kobe Bryant is overrated has no credibility whatsoever. Anybody who would take Chris Paul over Kobe Bryant has a very skewed view on the game of basketball.

JordansBulls
10-14-2009, 12:01 AM
I just want to know who are the 2 players better than Melo on Denver?

Bruno
10-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Who knew an absurd list from a writer in Detroit would unite PSD? I guess thats what happens when you insult everyone outside of The Motor City.

He knocks Melo for having two all-star game appearances? Honestly, all-star game nominations is probably the least legitimate award given in the NBA- because it's decided by homer fans. If Denver were a bigger market he'd be in every time.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Who knew an absurd list from a writer in Detroit would unite PSD? I guess thats what happens when you insult everyone outside of Detroit.

haha, touche dude. You are one of the few Laker fans I love talking to. And your statement is right on.

nitric
10-14-2009, 12:39 AM
before the Bulls traded for Miller/Salmons the Bulls weren't headed to the playoffs so I don't know if he took the Bulls to the playoffs, help them...yes but he didn't lead the Bulls to the playoffs

yes he made playoffs history but they lost the series...

SO how exactly is a rookie overrated? That just doesn't make any sense. I mean he compared Rose to Hughes minus the defense, lmao:facepalm:

LA_Raiders
10-14-2009, 01:01 AM
lol what a clown...

Evolution23
10-14-2009, 01:17 AM
yeah and Michael Jordan is overated, along with Lebron James, Bird, Magic, Ewing, Malone, get the f outa here with this article.

robdizzle3
10-14-2009, 02:21 AM
I really dont see how Melo is overrated though. I really hate the Nuggets, but Melo was a monster towards the end of the season and into the playoffs where he was a straight man. This guy could average a double-double if he wanted to. Im sorry but that guy's skill set is to good. Also I really dont see how Rose is overrated, because he single handedly tookk the Bulls to the playoffs and pushed the Celtics to seven games, as a rookie, so if that overrated, I want to be called that.

PBG
10-14-2009, 02:24 AM
yeah and Michael Jordan is overated, along with Lebron James, Bird, Magic, Ewing, Malone, get the f outa here with this article.

why the **** are you even putting lebrons name with any of those guys?

you all need to stop being so butt hurt and look at **** from an outside point of view. just dont think of it as your boyfriend getting pick on, and you all should be fine

yoloboy87
10-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Wow...unbelievable his list of overated....kobe?wtf? Stop smokin crack mr.columnist...im a die hard kings fan and really dislike the lakers but kobe is hands down the best player since jordan in my opinion...any thoughts fellow readers? Out......

Gnac76
10-14-2009, 04:47 AM
balls....this Detroit writer has them

lakersfan211
10-14-2009, 06:05 AM
this ****in idiot is callen kobe overrated , i think the dumb *** is smoking crack and hole lots of it .

lakersfan211
10-14-2009, 06:05 AM
this ****in idiot is callen kobe overrated , i think the dumb *** is smoking crack and hole lots of it .

PennyMy#1
10-14-2009, 06:07 AM
:laugh: I love it ! So harsh and sarcastic, great found ... had some good laughs.

DON'T take that article too serious ... ;)

mrblisterdundee
10-14-2009, 02:51 PM
NBA All-Overrated Team:

PG - Jason Kidd (he's just too old and slow)
SG - Joe Johnson (sick of some people saying he's better than Roy)
SF - Michael Beasley (exemplifies difference between college and NBA)
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge (he's not tough enough for 6'11" and 265 pounds)
C - Andrew Bynum (we all saw what happened during the playoffs)

bringinwood
10-14-2009, 03:13 PM
NBA All-Overrated Team:

Joe Johnson ????

You're crazy man...

Dude just lifts his undermanned team every year in the playoffs....

He is better than Roy... When was the last time Roy challenged anyone in a seven game series the way Johnson did not only once but twice...
He carries teams...

MrPaulD
10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
NBA All-Overrated Team:

JJ is a top 5 SG is the league, nonsense. :facepalm:

jimbobjarree
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
haha genius bit about Rubio, its so true. And that bit about Rose could turn out like Larry Hughes minus the defense lol, haha. I'm glad he put Hedo in there, man is that guy overated.

jimbobjarree
10-14-2009, 10:12 PM
haha I'm also loving everyones posts taking this guy so seriously, wow, this whole thread...its just brilliant

I also want to add the bit about Odom, so true, really, I find it sad that people cared that much about him in the offseason, it was just boring

Hellcrooner
10-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Jimbob this pece of **** is more or less like someone writing Atletico is going to win 0-5 at chelseas place,

JJ_JKidd
10-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Define "crap?" Answer: This guy :clap:

R cool J
Hahahahahaha the link is a freaking blog, why is everyone taking this seriously.

Here is my all time overrated team:

PG- Magic Johnson: 5 rings/most career triple doubles...he's no good, overated
SG- Michael Jordan: 6 rings/ 6 finals MVPs...he's no good, overated
SF- Larry Bird: 3 rings/ 3 time NBA MVP...he's no good, overated
PF- Tim Duncan: 4 rings/ 3 finals MVPs...he's no good, overated
C - Kareem Abdul Jabbar: 6 rings/ All time leading scorer...he's no good, overated

Hahahahaha that's what i think about this list...it's a joke.

D-Will4Prez
Sounds like a good list to me, aside from Melo maybe. CP3 should also be on this list, he wouldn't be anywhere near this hyped up if he wasn't the only good player on his team. I agree that Kobe is overrated but only because he probably gets more attention than even Michael Jordan did :speechless:. Rose has good potential but for his skills right now, he is overrated.

:hide:

smith&wesson
10-14-2009, 10:54 PM
if this dude stil has a job writing so much ******** i will send him a mail in two years when rubio is kikinc ***.

Or shoudl i just send him one when hedo si doing perfectly fina and taking the raptors back to playoffsl?

He obvciusly has an anti euro bias.

and is a laker hater of course.

x 2 this guys smoking on some good shiet, or he drank too much haterade...

R cool J
10-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a good list to me, aside from Melo maybe. CP3 should also be on this list, he wouldn't be anywhere near this hyped up if he wasn't the only good player on his team. I agree that Kobe is overrated but only because he probably gets more attention than even Michael Jordan did :speechless:. Rose has good potential but for his skills right now, he is overrated.

hahahahahaha CP3 overrated!!!??...judging by your avatar you must be a DWill fan...you're right CP3 is the only good player on the team other than David West, yet for the past two seasons he has taken his team further than DWill has...and Deron has star players on his team. Does that make Deron overrated as well???

Young and Stupid
10-14-2009, 11:41 PM
To be honest...I agree with everything on this list except for the fact that he said he wouldn't take Kobe over CP3 or Howard (hopefully he means because of age), but the debate bewteen Kobe and LeBron isn't even close.

SteveNash
10-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Hahahahahaha the link is a freaking blog, why is everyone taking this seriously.

Here is my all time overrated team:

PG- Magic Johnson: 5 rings/most career triple doubles...he's no good, overated
SG- Michael Jordan: 6 rings/ 6 finals MVPs...he's no good, overated
SF- Larry Bird: 3 rings/ 3 time NBA MVP...he's no good, overated
PF- Tim Duncan: 4 rings/ 3 finals MVPs...he's no good, overated
C - Kareem Abdul Jabbar: 6 rings/ All time leading scorer...he's no good, overated

Hahahahaha that's what i think about this list...it's a joke.

Well you got 4 right.

Lakersfan2483
10-15-2009, 12:28 AM
To be honest...I agree with everything on this list except for the fact that he said he wouldn't take Kobe over CP3 or Howard (hopefully he means because of age), but the debate bewteen Kobe and LeBron isn't even close.

:rolleyes::eyebrow: So Kobe's nowhere near James in terms of being the top player in the game? Come on now, I could understand you saying James is better, although he is not, but to say Bryant is not even in the conversation is wrong.

astrotown
10-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Biedrins isnt overrated if anything he is extremely underrated.

JeffG20
10-15-2009, 01:43 AM

I find it funny that almost everyone that says CP3 is overrated is a Jazz fan. not only that but to say D-will is better when Paul has him beat in pretty much every category is funny. i like D-will but i fail to see how he is better then Paul

Hustla23
10-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Haha I loved the article.

100% truth

Wiz kids
10-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Agree with Hedo, no one else though.

ink
10-15-2009, 03:35 AM

It's - a - blog.

jimbobjarree
10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Jimbob this pece of **** is more or less like someone writing Atletico is going to win 0-5 at chelseas place,

exactly, its unrealistic so you cant take him seriously so you may as well laugh

and the dudes talking about CP3, I think he's overated slightly, I mean he's been propelled on such a pedestal so fast without even getting to the conference finals. I agree that he is a phenominal player, but you cant say that he hasnt been rammed down our throats by people like ESPN.

JordansBulls
10-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Well you got 4 right.

What do you mean?

Gators123
10-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Congrats JB, You gave this guy thousands of more views on his blog. Exactly what he wants! :clap:

SteveNash
10-15-2009, 02:12 PM
What do you mean?

4 of the 5 players he listed are overrated.

king4day
10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Sounds more like he's hating.
He ripped Wallace pretty hard. And Rose being close to Detroit also doesn't belong there.
Kobe certainly belongs no where near that list.
But once a again, just more opinions from unknown writers.

LionBryan
10-15-2009, 02:51 PM
It's called a blog. Even you can make one.

Vinny642
10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
That writer is kinda ignorant, at least he didnt put any Hornets.

sp1derm00
10-15-2009, 06:39 PM
I kinda agree on Hedo.

Melo, not really. Melo played solid defense through the whole year, and produced more of what the team needed (boards, assists, defense) and scored less last year. Did anyone see his defense in the playoffs? Scary, he gave Kobe a hard time.

Pierce is not overrated unless we're talking about where he ranks himself. He's definitely top 2-3 SF in the league and you cannot question that. How is that overrated? No one ranks him above Lebron, and he and Melo are the next choices. Durants not there yet.

Derrick Rose is a little bit overrated right now. People are ranking him up there with the elite PG's in the league. CP3, Deron Williams, TP, Nash. He's not at that level, yet.

Rasheed Wallace is not overrated. No one really ranks him high up there on their list of top PF's. He's not at TD, KG, Pau, Al Jefferson, or Amare level and no one is putting him there. He's a solid player and adding him to the Celtics makes them that much more dangerous. Sheed and KG could do some serious damage.