PDA

View Full Version : Why is Dunleavy still coaching?

HouRealCoach
10-13-2009, 04:48 AM
The Clippers are in great position for now and the future this season with Baron leading the PG Role and young players like Griffin, Gordon, Thornton, & Kaman. They have great role players and this should be a fun team to watch that runs n guns.... He doesn't know how to use the talent so why is he not fired after all the coaches that lost their job last season?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2009, 04:52 AM
Isn't he a good friends with clippers owner!

But yeah he's mentally ********!

JasonJohnHorn
10-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Dunleavy is an excellent coach, and if you look at his track record you will see that he has helped several teams to get better. He helped to lead the Lakers back into the finals in the post-Jabbar era when everybody thought they were done, he was a huge part of the resurgence of the Portland Trailerblazers in the post-Drexler era and the Clippers have done better with him than they have ever done since they've been called "The Clippers". That said, last year's Clippers were gross underachievers. With the line-up they have they should have been in the playoffs for sure, but there were a lot of new faces, a lot of injuries, and the centerpiece of their offense signed away to the 76ers, so growing pains could be expected (though they still should have won more games). The thing that team needs the most now is a shooting gaurd, and with Griffen on the squad they had Randolph to trade away for a solid guard and they still don't have one (they even picked up Quinten Richardson, which would have been great, but traded him right after they got him). My guess is they are giving him a second chance with this squad to see what he can do, but if he isn't competing 20 games into the season he will likely get the ax. I think loyalty is a big part of the reason he is still around, it bought him a get-out-of-jail free card last season, but he's got to start producing with this squad now!

D-Leethal
10-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Eric Gordon is a possible future all star SG. They are set at nearly every position, but they are a team that is built to run and gun, Griffin is an Amare 2.0, Baron has played his best ball in run and gun system, Thornton is a monster on the break and EG is a lights out scorer, they have no business walking the ball up the court and that is what Dunleavy has had them do, they are playing like they still have a back to the basket 20-10 PF in Elton Brand. The problem is, Dunleavy is GM and coach and he can't/won't fire himself........the owner needs to step in and hire a new GM who will in turn hire a new coaching staff and they are a legit team

Trouble87
10-13-2009, 07:47 AM
because Donald Sterling doesn't care about the teams performance just the profits they bring in

Sterling makes me sick

#1Mavericksfan
10-13-2009, 08:39 AM
I feel bad for Baron because there's no way Dunleavy is gonna let Baron run a team like he did in Golden State because Dunleavy calls all the shot's.

wallerstud06
10-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Dunleavy is a good coach, but not great run and gun style coach...If i was the owner i would have gave the job to Kurt Rambis. He is a better run and gun coach and also stresses defense....Clippers would be a sleeper team if he was coaching them

Hellcrooner
10-13-2009, 01:20 PM
He is a very good coach and has proven it in every other team he has been.

his talent as a Gm is what is suspicious.

He has the tools now to at least make playoffs.

Storch
10-13-2009, 01:32 PM
JVG as clippers coach ftw

Toenail Clipper
10-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I think he lead coached the 1990's Lakers team where they won 60 games. I'm not sure if he was the one who made the team better, but whatever. I think he should fire himself for D'Antoni