PDA

View Full Version : Divisional Predictions.

Hellcrooner
10-12-2009, 10:19 PM
How do you think teams will finish?

IMO pending deadline trades that may vary it.

Pacific

Lakers 1

Clippers 8

Suns

Kings

Warriors

Midwest

Mavericks 2

Spurs 3

Hornets 6

Grizzlies

Rockets

NorthWest

Jazz 4

Blazers 5

Nuggets 7

Thunder

Wolves

Atlantic

Celtics 1

Raptors 5

Sixers

Knicks

Nets

Central

Cavaliers 2

Bulls 7

Pistons

Pacers

Bucks

SouthEast

Hawks 3

Magic 4

Wizards 6

Bobcats 8

Heat

shas
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
thanks for giving the raps some respect. :clap::clap:

ko8e24
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Wow Hellcrooner, that is EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY how I envisioned the West to play out in terms of seedings. My guess, Lakers vs Mavs 2010 WCF, the #1 seed vs #2 seed.

and I guess thats pretty solid for the East.

ko8e24
10-12-2009, 10:44 PM
1st rd

Lakers (1) def. Clippers (8)
Trailblazers (5) def. Jazz (4)
Spurs (3) def. Hornets (6)
Mavericks (2) def. Nuggets (7)

Semis

Lakers (1) def. Trailblazers (5)
Mavericks (2) def. Spurs (3)

WCF

Lakers (1) def. Mavericks (2) in 7 games

astrosmaniac
10-12-2009, 11:33 PM
clippers 2nd in their division and the rockets last in theirs? wow

Hellcrooner
10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
ming is injured and you cant really count on Tmac not injuring again.

Unles anersen can dominate in nba like he did in europe, wich i doubt or ariza becomes suddanly a 25 ppg dude.

Htats what will happen.

BUt cheer up that will probably give you this line up for next year

WALL, Battier, Ariza,BOSH, Ming.

scary isnt it? ;)

Hawkeye15
10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
hawks too high dude

fairandbalanced
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Pacific

Lakers 1

Clippers 8

Suns

Kings

Warriors

Midwest

Mavericks 2

Spurs 3

Hornets 6

Grizzlies

Rockets

NorthWest

Jazz 4

Blazers 5

Nuggets 7

Thunder

Wolves

Atlantic

Celtics 1

Raptors 5

Sixers

Knicks

Nets

Central

Cavaliers 2

Bulls 7

Pistons

Pacers

Bucks

SouthEast

Hawks 3

Magic 4

Wizards 6

Bobcats 8

Heat

Your basketball IQ is low.

Gators123
10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
I cant believe you have the raptors at 5 and the bobcats at 8. and the Pistons not making the playoffs. Pretty laughable.

clutchski
10-13-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm starting to think people are overrating the Wizards and to a certain extent the Hawks in the East; and underrating the 76'ers and Pistons. Oh and as a raptors fan I have no comment about them haha.

K5G
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Whats wrong with the cats at 8? theyve been improving steadily every year

Hellcrooner
10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
instead of insulting you should post up YOUR predicitons and see who is more acureate when season its over.

Gators123
10-13-2009, 01:22 PM
instead of insulting you should post up YOUR predicitons and see who is more acureate when season its over.

Your not far off about the west. But I think spurs are 2nd seed and mavs are 3rd.

The east will look something like this.

Celtics
Cavs
Magic
Hawks
wizards
pistons
bulls
raptors/heat

5th-8th seed will be close though.

DrDEADalready
10-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I think you got the Northwest right on.

Toenail Clipper
10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
You should put the Warriors, the Thunder or the Suns in instead of the Jazz and the Hornets. LOL I just can't stand them! They'll never gonna win crap so let the other teams shine! Moreover, in the east, Bobcats should not make it to 8. Instead, Pistons or the Heat will be 8. I like the Pistons team, all they need is a legit center. Also, the Heat will only make it through the efforts of Dwyane Wade.

JordansBulls
10-13-2009, 01:58 PM

Pacific

Lakers 1

Clippers 8

Suns

Kings

Warriors

Midwest

Mavericks 2

Spurs 3

Hornets 6

Grizzlies

Rockets

NorthWest

Jazz 4

Blazers 5

Nuggets 7

Thunder

Wolves

Atlantic

Celtics 1

Raptors 5

Sixers

Knicks

Nets

Central

Cavaliers 2

Bulls 7

Pistons

Pacers

Bucks

SouthEast

Hawks 3

Magic 4

Wizards 6

Bobcats 8

Heat

There is no way in hell the Hawks are ahead of Orlando

TheKing23
10-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Denver 7th in the west??
Orlando behind Atlanta??

I think it'll pan out like this:

West
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Blazers
5. Mavericks
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Suns

East
1. Cavaliers
2. Magic
3. Celtics
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. Raptors
8. Bulls

d-baller23
10-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Uhh Atlanta is not going to beat Orlando out of the Third seed, because Boston is the Third seed this year.

East
1.Orlando
2.Cleveland
3.Boston
4.Atlanta
5.Chicago
6.Miami
7.Toronto
8.Chartlotte

You are obviously a hater if you think Orlando is behind Hawks. We beat them out of the Southeast for the past 3 years

Hellcrooner
10-13-2009, 03:11 PM
im just ountng on the effet of keeping the same roster of youngsters developing with one of them on contract year vs teh team with many changes including a KEY team player being replaced by a player that needs to be the first option and will ahve to adjust to howard being it.

MrFastBreak
10-13-2009, 03:19 PM
IMO The standings gonna go down like this;

West;
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Blazers
5. Jazz
6. Mavericks
7. Hornets
8. Suns

East;
1. Cavaliers
2. Magic
3. Celtics
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. Bulls
8. 76ers

mjt20mik
10-13-2009, 03:25 PM
East:

Cleveland
Magic
Boston
Hawks
Sixers
Bulls
Raptors
Wizards / Bobcats

I still don't get how you guys have the heat so high? IMO I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year, because of all the teams listed above, have improved their roster is some way, shape or form. Miami only really has Wade.

Mavrix
10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
West;
1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Suns

East;
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavaliers
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. Bulls
8. Pistons

TheKing23
10-13-2009, 03:31 PM
West;
1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Suns

East;
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavaliers
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. Bulls
8. Pistons

I really can't see the Mavs finishing with a better record than the Spurs, Nuggets and Blazers... I see them getting 5th at best.

esper579
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Pacific

Lakers 1

Suns 8

Clippers

Warriors

Kings

Midwest

Hornets 3

Spurs 4

Grizzlies 7

Mavericks

Rockets

NorthWest

Nuggets 2

Jazz 5

Thunder 6

Blazers

Wolves

Atlantic

Celtics 3

Raptors 5

Sixers 8

Knicks

Nets

Central

Cavaliers 1

Bulls 4

Pistons 7

Bucks

Pacers

SouthEast

Magic 2

Hawks 4

Heat 6

Bobcats

Wizards

Mavrix
10-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I really can't see the Mavs finishing with a better record than the Spurs, Nuggets and Blazers... I see them getting 5th at best.

This years Mavs are more talented then the finals squad from 06. Howard didn't play in 30 games last season. If Dallas stays healthy they can easily be the 2 seed and have a better record than San Antonio. I believe they're the better team when healthy. Didn't they just beat them in 5 games with an injured Howard granted Ginoblili didn't play?

MrFastBreak
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
West;
1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Suns

East;
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavaliers
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. Bulls
8. Pistons

Homer to the max.

Mavrix
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Pacific

Lakers 1

Suns 8

Clippers

Warriors

Kings

Midwest

Hornets 3

Spurs 4

Grizzlies 7

Mavericks

Rockets

NorthWest

Nuggets 2

Jazz 5

Thunder 6

Blazers

Wolves

Atlantic

Celtics 3

Raptors 5

Sixers 8

Knicks

Nets

Central

Cavaliers 1

Bulls 4

Pistons 7

Bucks

Pacers

SouthEast

Magic 2

Hawks 4

Heat 6

Bobcats

Wizardslmao...how does a team with Nowitzki, Howard, Marion, Terry, and Jason Kidd not make the playoffs and get outed out by the Grizzlies and Suns? You're hilarious

Mavrix
10-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Homer to the max.:facepalm:

Dallas > Denver

LOL @ Afflalo is Denvers saivor

MrFastBreak
10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
:facepalm:

Dallas > Denver

Kidd < Billups
Howard > Afflalo
Marion < Melo
Dirk > KMart
Dampier < Nene

pebloemer
10-13-2009, 04:00 PM
ming is injured and you cant really count on Tmac not injuring again.

Unles anersen can dominate in nba like he did in europe, wich i doubt or ariza becomes suddanly a 25 ppg dude.

Htats what will happen.

BUt cheer up that will probably give you this line up for next year

WALL, Battier, Ariza,BOSH, Ming.

scary isnt it? ;)

I wouldn't underestimate Houston. Their players have played through their best players injuries very frequently over the past few years and they always maintain defensive intensity and have players like Brooks, Scola, Landry and Battier that come up big. I don't expect them to make the playoffs, but to say they will "probably give you this lineup" which includes Wall, a player considered by many to be the #1 pick in next years draft is a huge stretch. Even if they got last in the league they would only have a 25% chance of getting the first overall pick and I certainly don't think Houston is worse than other Western teams (Minnesota, Sacramento). Plus to a) think that Bosh is probably going to opt out, b) Bosh is probably going to sign with another team other than the Raptors, c) Bosh is not going to agree to do a sign and trade (if he did, I'd imagine that at least one of those pieces in the starting lineup wouldn't be there), and d) that Bosh will go to Houston are all huge stretches at this point.

So, how does Houston "probably have [Wall and Bosh] next year" if they get last in their division?

Mavrix
10-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Kidd < Billups
Howard > Afflalo
Marion < Melo
Dirk > KMart
Dampier < Nene

You can't just compare players that's ********. Dirk is better than every player on Denver's roster, you can't just compare him to K-Mart. You're also forgetting reining 6th man Jason Terry. Also Dampier won't be starting, Gooden will.

Dallas has gotten a lot better then Denver in the off season.

TheKing23
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM

Dallas > Denver

LOL @ Marion is Dallas' saviour.

Denver are better than Dallas at every position apart from PF...

Chauncey Billups > Jason Kidd
J.R Smith > Jason Terry
Carmelo Anthony > Josh Howard or Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki > Kenyon Martin
Nene > Erick Dampier

The one thing that Denver also has is chemistry... They didn't need to add another big piece to be a contender this year. Afflalo is a solid pick up, as is Ty Lawson. Shawn Marion has always hated not being the first option on teams (Phoenix is the perfect example) and he's gonna be the 4th option for the Mavs behind Nowitzki, Howard and Terry. Him and Howard on the same team is trouble waiting to happen...

There is no way Dallas finish with a better record than the Spurs and Nuggets.

MackSnackWrap
10-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Hawks better than magic????????

Mavrix
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM

LOL @ Marion is Dallas' saviour.

Denver are better than Dallas at every position apart from PF...

Chauncey Billups > Jason Kidd
J.R Smith > Jason Terry
Carmelo Anthony > Josh Howard or Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki > Kenyon Martin
Nene > Erick Dampier

The one thing that Denver also has is chemistry... They didn't need to add another big piece to be a contender this year. Afflalo is a solid pick up, as is Ty Lawson. Shawn Marion has always hated not being the first option on teams (Phoenix is the perfect example) and he's gonna be the 4th option for the Mavs behind Nowitzki, Howard and Terry. Him and Howard on the same team is trouble waiting to happen...

There is no way Dallas finish with a better record than the Spurs and Nuggets.J.R Smith is NOT better than Josh Howard, Dallas's starting 2 OR Jason Terry. If he was better than JET then why didn't he win 6th man of the year? Don't be ridiculous. And again, why are you comparing players when Nowitzki is better than every player on Denvers roster?

Marion > Aflalo by a loooooong shot.

Mavrix
10-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Drew Gooden > K-Mart

Gooden averaged 12 and 7 last year

K-Mart averaged 11.7 and 6

So we can say

Kidd < Billups
Terry > JR Smith
Howard AND Marion production > Melo
Gooden > K Mart
Dampier < Nene

but oh wait we also have super star Dirk Nowitzki

JVene
10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
As a Knicks fan with no draft pick i can only hope we dont finish in the bottom 5. I had hope but since the preseason started it has not looked good.

TheKing23
10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Drew Gooden > K-Mart

Gooden averaged 12 and 7 last year

K-Mart averaged 11.7 and 6

So we can say

Kidd < Billups
Terry > JR Smith
Howard AND Marion production > Melo
Gooden > K Mart
Dampier < Nene

but oh wait we also have super star Dirk Nowitzki

You are such a homer it's ridiculous...

Drew Gooden doesn't play a lick of defense and K-Mart is one of the best post defenders in the league, I don't care if he averages 0.3 pts and 1 reb more, he can't defend. K-Mart is the better player.

J.R Smith and Jason Terry is the closest comparison but Terry was the 2nd option on offense (accounting for more points scored) and we all know awards like 6th man comes down to how many points you score. J.R Smith is a lot younger and less injury prone and for that reason I think he's a better overall player than Terry.

As I said before, Marion and Howard will struggle to co-exist and even then i'd take Melo over those two combined, he is the Nuggets superstar.

Dampier?? Haha, does he even play in the league anymore...

Nene > Dampier by a loooooonnngg shot

Stop trying to convince yourself that Dallas are better than Denver, San Antonio and Portland. They won't finish 2nd in the West I can gurantee.

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 12:46 AM
You are such a homer it's ridiculous...

Drew Gooden doesn't play a lick of defense and K-Mart is one of the best post defenders in the league, I don't care if he averages 0.3 pts and 1 reb more, he can't defend. K-Mart is the better player.

J.R Smith and Jason Terry is the closest comparison but Terry was the 2nd option on offense (accounting for more points scored) and we all know awards like 6th man comes down to how many points you score. J.R Smith is a lot younger and less injury prone and for that reason I think he's a better overall player than Terry.

As I said before, Marion and Howard will struggle to co-exist and even then i'd take Melo over those two combined, he is the Nuggets superstar.

Dampier?? Haha, does he even play in the league anymore...

Nene > Dampier by a loooooonnngg shot

Stop trying to convince yourself that Dallas are better than Denver, San Antonio and Portland. They won't finish 2nd in the West I can gurantee.
Melo a superstar?? Hahahaha. You're the homer. Let's make a sig bet.

ko8e24
10-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Mavs will have a better record than the Spurs...book it!

TheKing23
10-14-2009, 01:16 AM

A homer?? :facepalm: I don't even support the Nuggets, i'm a Cavs fan.

Melo is a top 10 player in the NBA and has one of the most complete offensive games in the league... He's a superstar. But i'm a fan of the NBA as well, so I can appreciate other players abilities other than just my own teams players, unlike some...

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:19 AM
The Spurs can't stay healthy especially with all the injuries they've had plus age

Richard Jefferson's stats in 3 pre-season games thus far?

4.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg in 15.3 minutes

McDyess?

4 ppg, 3 rpg in 15 minutes

Shawn Marion's?

20.5 and 4.5 in 23.5 minutes

Drew Gooden's = 11.3 and 5.3 in 20 mpg

blazerman
10-14-2009, 01:23 AM
You can't just compare players that's ********. Dirk is better than every player on Denver's roster, you can't just compare him to K-Mart. You're also forgetting reining 6th man Jason Terry. Also Dampier won't be starting, Gooden will.

I dont know why you keep trying to pass off Gooden as a good player, he's a decent role player at the very best.
Id take Jr Smith over Jason Terry 7 days out of the week, also the combination of Billups,Melo and Nene will out do any big three you can put together for the Mavs.

The Mavs getting the #2 seed is a pipedream

Dont forget our sig bet (Blazers or Mavs best regular season record, the loser puts the winners sig up the first day after the regular season. for 1 solid yr and before the playoffs) Maybe you'll become a Blazer fan after seeing Roy,Oden and Aldridge on every post you do for the next yr,haha

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Dallas is going to be good, bud Denver is going to be better.
Im sorry but the moves Dallas made doesnt just make them better than Denver, we havent seen Dallas play with their new roster and there is no doubt they will be good, but this is the west. Good doenst equal top 4 in the playoffs, great does.

Denver will be a top 4 seed, Dallas will be a 5 or 6

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:26 AM
A homer?? :facepalm: I don't even support the Nuggets, i'm a Cavs fan.

Melo is a top 10 player in the NBA and has one of the most complete offensive games in the league... He's a superstar. But i'm a fan of the NBA as well, so I can appreciate other players abilities other than just my own teams players, unlike some...

Melo isn't even top 15. He isn't even the best Nuggets player.

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Dallas is going to be good, bud Denver is going to be better.
Im sorry but the moves Dallas made doesnt just make them better than Denver, we havent seen Dallas play with their new roster and there is no doubt they will be good, but this is the west. Good doenst equal top 4 in the playoffs, great does.

Denver will be a top 4 seed, Dallas will be a 5 or 6Denver got worse in a west that got better, how does that make them better than Dallas?

blazerman
10-14-2009, 01:32 AM

What are you scabbin out on our sig bet? Our sig bet takes effect the last day of the regular season for 1 yr.

Mavrix
I dont know why you keep trying to pass off Gooden as a good player, he's a decent role player at the very best.
Id take Jr Smith over Jason Terry 7 days out of the week, also the combination of Billups,Melo and Nene will out do any big three you can put together for the Mavs.

The Mavs getting the #2 seed is a pipedream

Dont forget our sig bet (Blazers or Mavs best regular season record, the loser puts the winners sig up the first day after the regular season. for 1 solid yr and before the playoffs) Maybe you'll become a Blazer fan after seeing Roy,Oden and Aldridge on every post you do for the next yr,haha
Pipedream? LOL

This is so ridiculous. Dallas gained 2 quality players in Marion and Gooden. Denver lost 2 quality players in Jones and Kleiza and didn't gain ****.

Rocktober2009
How do you figure they got worse? And untill the season starts no one can really say who got better or worse. And If you dont think Melo isnt a top 10 player, you shouldnt be allowed an opinion. Sounds like your just bitter Carmelo dominated the Mavs in the playoffs last year, he is Top 10. And the best player on our team.

Im not sure how much better Dallas got but I can safely say Denver will have a better record than the Mavs this season.

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:33 AM
What are you scabbin out on our sig bet? Our sig bet takes effect the last day of the regular season for 1 yr.

You can always add on, plus I'm pretty confident I'll win the bet

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Kleiza? He wanst quality last year, he was garbage off the bench all season. Jones? He wasnt the reason we were great last year, he was a role player. He started but as soon as JR was ready to come in, you didnt see Jones a whole lot during a game.

TheKing23

Melo isn't even top 15. He isn't even the best Nuggets player.

Hahaha, are you trying to sound like an idiot?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

blazerman
You can always add on, plus I'm pretty confident I'll win the bet

You wont win but go ahead and add on to it if you feel te need.

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 01:41 AM
I honestly think Dallas is a good team, I just really really really really really do not see a way in hell that they are as good as the Denver Nuggets. Sorry. And untill you beat us im going to remain thinking the same. Dallas didnt win a single game in the regular season and only 1 in the post season against Denver and if you think Marion and Gooden (LOL) are going to make you that much better than im very sorry for you and your entire state of well being, San Antonio is better than Denver right now, I'll admit that. The Lakers are the best team in basketball i'll admit that. And the Blazers are going to be awesome this year and will be with Denver all the way in he Northwest but to think Dallas is better than Denver is just plain stupid. Sorry. Dirk is great, but sorry. We got his number

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:41 AM
How do you figure they got worse? And untill the season starts no one can really say who got better or worse. And If you dont think Melo isnt a top 10 player, you shouldnt be allowed an opinion. Sounds like your just bitter Carmelo dominated the Mavs in the playoffs last year, he is Top 10. And the best player on our team.

Im not sure how much better Dallas got but I can safely say Denver will have a better record than the Mavs this season.

He "dominated" because Josh Howard, the guy defending him the whole series, was playing on 2 bad ankles. He had surgery shortly after the series ended.

I can name ten players better then Melo off the top of my head

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Paul
Howard
Duncan
Nowitzki
KG
Roy
Bosh

Raph12
10-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Sorry dude, you lost me when you said Hawks over Magic, too much talent in Orlando to finish behind Atlanta.

My List looks a bit more like this:

Pacific

Lakers 1

Suns 8

Clippers

Warriors

Kings

Midwest

Spurs 2

Mavericks 3

Hornets 7

Grizzlies

Rockets

NorthWest

Blazers 4

Jazz 6

Nuggets 5

Thunder

Wolves

Atlantic

Celtics 1

Raptors 8

Sixers

Knicks

Nets

Central

Cavaliers 3

Bulls 6

Pistons

Pacers

Bucks

SouthEast

Magic 2

Hawks 4

Wizards 5

Heat 7

Bobcats

blazerman
10-14-2009, 01:43 AM
West

LA-1
SA-2
Por-3
Den-4
Mavs-5
Jazz-6
Clips-7
NO-8

East

Orl-1
Cavs-2
Bost-3
Atl-4
Wiz-5
Raps-6
Bulls-7
Heat-8

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Hahaha, are you trying to sound like an idiot?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Billups > Melo

No Melo and Denver still makes the playoffs with Billups

No Billups and Denver misses the playoffs. Do you remember the Nuggets before Billups? How about the Pistons before and after Billups?

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Kleiza? He wanst quality last year, he was garbage off the bench all season. Jones? He wasnt the reason we were great last year, he was a role player. He started but as soon as JR was ready to come in, you didnt see Jones a whole lot during a game.

Jones was one of Denver's best defenders and athletes. Kleiza averaged over 20 mpg, I wouldn't call that "garbage time".

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 01:47 AM
I can name ten players better then Melo off the top of my head

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Paul
Howard
Duncan
Nowitzki
KG
Roy
Bosh

You can pencil Carmelo Anthony right there after Duncan sorry

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Jones was one of Denver's best defenders and athletes. Kleiza averaged over 20 mpg, I wouldn't call that "garbage time".

Jones was a good defender but we got Afflalo who will be just as active, and I never said "garbage time" I said GARBAGE. He shot the ball terribly last year, Karl played him way too much but had no alternative

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:49 AM
You can pencil Carmelo Anthony right there after Duncan sorry

Hahahaha :laugh:

TheKing23
10-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Pipedream? LOL

This is so ridiculous. Dallas gained 2 quality players in Marion and Gooden. Denver lost 2 quality players in Jones and Kleiza and didn't gain ****.

"Drew Gooden" and "quality player" should never be in the same sentence together... I'm a Cavs fan and when that guy was on our team he would give me nightmares. Always settling for contested mid-range jumpshots, decides when he wants to play defense (never), and is the most inconsistent player in the league. I hope you enjoyed getting annoyed, because that's what your gonna be feeling for most of the season with Gooden.

Marion is a team cancer, he was part of one of the most talented teams of the decade (Phoenix 05-07) and they got nowhere because of his inabililty to accept a lesser role on the team... he is nothing more than a athletic, high energy role player.

Dallas will not finish above Denver or San Antonio, but you seem to be the only person who can't see that.

_KB24_
10-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Billups > Melo

No Melo and Denver still makes the playoffs with Billups

No Billups and Denver misses the playoffs. Do you remember the Nuggets before Billups? How about the Pistons before and after Billups?

The Nuggets were still a playoff team before Billups? Your point....

Billups is a good leader but he isn't half the player that Melo is today.

BTW: Melo > Dirk

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Jones was a good defender but we got Afflalo who will be just as active, and I never said "garbage time" I said GARBAGE. He shot the ball terribly last year, Karl played him way too much but had no alternative

So Denver is better with no alternative? LOL

And Afflalo is a big downgrade from Jones. Wtf do you see in him? He is no where near better defensively then Jones

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Glad you're taking it so well.

Come talk to me after the Mavs beat Denver at least once, but dont get your hopes up, I dont want you to have a panic attack once you realize you're playing your team way too much.

Good luck this season, should be fun

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 01:55 AM
"Drew Gooden" and "quality player" should never be in the same sentence together... I'm a Cavs fan and when that guy was on our team he would give me nightmares. Always settling for contested mid-range jumpshots, decides when he wants to play defense (never), and is the most inconsistent player in the league. I hope you enjoyed getting annoyed, because that's what your gonna be feeling for most of the season with Gooden.

Marion is a team cancer, he was part of one of the most talented teams of the decade (Phoenix 05-07) and they got nowhere because of his inabililty to accept a lesser role on the team... he is nothing more than a athletic, high energy role player.

Dallas will not finish above Denver or San Antonio, but you seem to be the only person who can't see that.
Really? Maybe you should go back to the beginning of this thread and read :facepalm:

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 01:56 AM

Thank you for being a voice of reason :clap:

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 01:57 AM

A lot of actual reasoning is made here, somthing someone cant understand. bravo :clap:

TheKing23

Completely agree.

Billups is certainly instrumental to Denver's success but Carmelo is the main guy there no questions.

Mavrix
Thank you for being a voice of reason :clap:

We can test that voice of reason with the thread I just posted. Give it 24 hours so all posters can see it and vote

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Scoring and rebounding more makes you a worse player...LOL

TheKing23
10-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Scoring and rebounding more makes you a worse player...LOL

Who are you talking about?

Rocktober2009
10-14-2009, 02:05 AM
If Carmelo was 7 foot tall he would rebound more, and if Carmelo didnt have as many shooters and playmakers around him he would score more.

the thing with Carmelo Anthony of this past year and the years before that is that he doesnt have to do it himself anymore. With the exception of the Iverson years, Carmelo HAD to shoot the ball and score a ton to get the Nuggets to the playoffs, 2 years ago Carmelo averaged somewhere around 29 points a game. Last year he could rely more on his team to do score.

Dirk is asked to score more than Carmelo is, and Carmelo isnt seven feet tall so he wont rebound as much. So your reasoning isnt really reasoning, its looking at numbers and not understanding the teams

skratcher
10-14-2009, 02:23 AM
This isn't NBA Live, Mavrix, that when you add familiar names the team gets "better".

You need team chemistry. Look at the Clippers last year for reference.

Thank you.

_KB24_
10-14-2009, 02:24 AM
^^ Agreed Rocktober.

I like you
10-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Its way to early, but as of now:

Pacific

Lakers 1

Suns 8

Warriors

Clippers

Kings

Midwest

Spurs 3

Mavericks 5

Hornets 6

Rockets

Grizzlies

NorthWest

Blazers 2

Nuggets 4

Jazz 7

Thunder

Wolves

Atlantic

Celtics 3

Raptors 5

Nets

Sixers

Knicks

Central

Cavaliers 1

Bulls 7

Pacers 8

Pistons

Bucks

SouthEast

Magic 2

Heat 4

Hawks 6

Bobcats

Wizards

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 02:40 AM
This isn't NBA Live, Mavrix, that when you add familiar names the team gets "better".

You need team chemistry. Look at the Clippers last year for reference.

Thank you.
The Clippers of last year were the most injured team in the NBA.

skratcher
10-14-2009, 09:23 AM
and somehow the Mavericks are immuned to injuries this year? Or there will be no issues with Team Chemistry?

The point everyone has been making is this: just because you added Marion and Gooden doesn't necessarily mean that automatically they will be good. This is the thing that you and your boy Cuban doesn't seem to get. Marion and Howard may get along, but there is bigger chance that they won't, because they almost play the same way. As for Gooden, well, you have a Cavs fan here who has seen him.

Of course we won't know until the season starts, but as things stand right now, the Mavericks have not beaten the Nuggets in the regular season last year and the Mavs were eliminated by them in the Playoffs.

In conclusion, until the Mavs can prove that they can beat the Nuggets, it's a bit, and I stress a bit, ridiculous to assume that they are better than the Nugs.

Toenail Clipper
10-14-2009, 11:25 AM
The Clippers of last year were the most injured team in the NBA.

I was actually gonna bash on you, but now I love you<3
HAHA.
BTW, here's my order:
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Mavericks
4. Nuggets
5. Blazers
6-8. Clippers, Warriors, Suns

This order only matters if everyone is healthy (except for the Rockets, they are doomed)
And no, I don't believe Chris Paul by himself will carry the team into number 3 seed, they are NOT special. The Jazz is the most boring team to watch, besides Spurs.

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Welp, Nowitzki won the poll

Mavrix
10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
HAHA.
BTW, here's my order:
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Mavericks
4. Nuggets
5. Blazers

This order only matters if everyone is healthy (except for the Rockets, they are doomed)
And no, I don't believe Chris Paul by himself will carry the team into number 3 seed, they are NOT special. The Jazz is the most boring team to watch, besides Spurs.
Seriously if healthy the Clippers could be a 5th or 6th seed

_KB24_
10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
HAHA.
BTW, here's my order:
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Mavericks
4. Nuggets
5. Blazers

LMFAO!!!!! AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ARE YOU FOR REAL!????????

SO TWO OF THE BEST PGs IN THE NBA WILL NOT LEAD THEIR TEAMS INTO THE PLAYOFFS BUT THE CLIPPERS ARE?????????

LOL!

PrettyBoyJ
10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
I think nuggets get first place in the Northwest.. Blazers might come 2nd..

JasonJohnHorn
10-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Great list! I don't agree with it all the way through. I think the Blazers will take their division, but its takes balls to call the clippers at number two in their division, and I got your back on that. And the Hawks are going to tear it up this year. I think the Jazz may implode though, evne though they have a talented squad and the Thunder may actually be able to sneak into third in that division while I'm not so sure the Raptors will finish as high as second and the Pacers may be able to make the playoffs of their draft pick turns out.

I'd like to read you reasons for the picks though?

Cheers!

smith&wesson
10-14-2009, 08:46 PM

Pacific

Lakers 1

Clippers 8

Suns

Kings

Warriors

Midwest

Mavericks 2

Spurs 3

Hornets 6

Grizzlies

Rockets

NorthWest

Jazz 4

Blazers 5

Nuggets 7

Thunder

Wolves

Atlantic

Celtics 1

Raptors 5

Sixers

Knicks

Nets

Central

Cavaliers 2

Bulls 7

Pistons

Pacers

Bucks

SouthEast

Hawks 3

Magic 4

Wizards 6

Bobcats 8

Heat

I think the heat will make the playoffs, i agree with every thing else.. looks pretty acurate to me.

MrFastBreak
10-14-2009, 10:31 PM

You compared teams. Denver was always a better team whether Dallas had the best offseason or not. You are just being a homer, cuz.

Vinny642
10-15-2009, 06:34 PM
You should put the Warriors, the Thunder or the Suns in instead of the Jazz and the Hornets. LOL I just can't stand them! They'll never gonna win crap so let the other teams shine! Moreover, in the east, Bobcats should not make it to 8. Instead, Pistons or the Heat will be 8. I like the Pistons team, all they need is a legit center. Also, the Heat will only make it through the efforts of Dwyane Wade.

I dont see how you can hate the Hornets? or the Jazz?