PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Most Ridiculous/Weird Moments of the 2008-09 NBA Season

ko8e24
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
What are your top 10 most ridiculous/weird moments of the 2008-09 season

1) The invention of the Crab Dribble via LeBron James, going against the basketball rules and regulations of the great Dr. James Naismith.

2) Shaq-Kobe Valentine's Day Weekend Love Fest at the All-Star Game, the media day meet-up orchestrated by Craig Sager/TNT, and the ASG co-MVP Awards, and how everything revolved around them.

3) Iverson goes back to the rookie yr look at the all-star game by cutting his hair, and then has a disastrous season with the Pistons. Then, one of the greatest players in NBA History is commanded to sit out for the rest of the season and playoffs.

4) Major injuries to title contenders like Kevin Garnett/Leon Powe of the Boston Celtics, Jameer Nelson of the Orlando Magic, Tracy McGrady/Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets and Andrew Bynum of the Los Angeles Lakers.

5) The Knicks hell week and how the NBA made the schedule for the Knicks that week at MSG. 1st, it was the Lakers with Kobe's 61. Then, it was the Cavs with Lebron's 52 pts (1 rebound shy of a triple double after nba reviewed and just took away a rebound in the stat sheet, which was not cool by the nba IMO), and then the knicks having to host and getting beat by the "then" defending champion Celtics. The Knicks go 0-3 for the week, but thats not the worst part of their season.

The whole Stephon Marbury saga overshadowed & defined the 08-09 season for the Knicks.

6) Ron Artest's feuds with Kobe during regular season meetings and the playoffs, and after all that hoopla, they are now teammates.

7) Lamar Odom's candy-addiction and the hype behind it by mentioning that "a doctor told Lamar not to eat so much candy" and stuff like that.

8) The Shaqtus experiment in Phoenix shows its true nature as it fails and the Suns don't make it to the playoffs for the first time since 2003.

9) Chauncey Billups becomes the un-sung hero in the Billups-AI trade and nobody woud have guessed that the Denver Nuggets would make it to the WCF over other teams who were projected to be there before the season like the Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Mavs.

10) The 2009 Slam Dunk Contest fails to live up to the hype....again! (however, we do have Lebron to look forward to in the 2010 Contest in the Dallas stadium, if he keeps his word).

MackSnackWrap
10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
ko8e24 ur the next Jordans Bulls posting so many threads LMFAO, i was surprised By Allen iversons haircut

ChiSox219
10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Ben Gordon grabbing his junk after hitting the game tying trey during overtime of game 4 versus the Celtics.

Shahrose
10-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Ben Gordon grabbing his junk after hitting the game tying trey during overtime of game 4 versus the Celtics.

lmao i was at that game
amazing

Wilson
10-12-2009, 06:15 PM
9) Chauncey Billups becomes the un-sung hero in the Billups-AI trade and nobody woud have guessed that the Denver Nuggets would make it to the WCF over other teams who were projected to be there before the season like the Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Mavs.

The second I heard about that thread I fell in love with the Nuggets. I thought Billups would be a great fit for them...:shrug:

I hated Iverson on the Pistons as well. It was obvious he wasn't going to be a good fit there.

Gators123
10-12-2009, 06:25 PM

"Where Ben Gordon Happens to be grabbing his balls" :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhHPrIJdMnM

Gators123
10-12-2009, 06:33 PM
When Rafer Alston Slaps Eddie House. Its pretty classic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3OuzKpQ3jM

JWO35
10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
3) Iverson goes back to the rookie yr look at the all-star game by cutting his hair, and then has a disastrous season with the Pistons. Then, one of the greatest players in NBA History fakes a back injury and sits out for the rest of the season and playoffs.

Fixed

IRUAM #21
10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
11.Mark Blount getting traded for Quentin Richardson

12. Gilbert Arenas winning the starting job over Mike James.

_KB24_
10-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Shaq picking up Nate in mid-air was so ****ing funny and wierd at the same time.

Robbw241
10-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Devin Harris's crazy game winner vs philly 1 game before I had tickets :mad:

ko8e24
10-12-2009, 07:56 PM
ko8e24 ur the next Jordans Bulls posting so many threads LMFAO, i was surprised By Allen iversons haircut

:p

:D

see, any poster can up with a random thread. he's no special just cause he's a mod

NYtilIdie
10-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Z-Bo punching Amudson in the face because he thought he was going to kiss him
:laugh:

Ace33Bone
10-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Big Baby living up to his name as KG chews a new hole into him on the bench lls

MTone8788
10-13-2009, 10:47 AM
1) The invention of the Crab Dribble via LeBron James, going against the basketball rules and regulations of the great Dr. James Naismith.

What are you talking about? The original game of basketball created by Naismith didn't involve any kind of dribbling.

Know your history before you try to knock on a somebody.

Evolution23
10-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Whos Marbury? Out here we refer to him as, that guy...

KnicksorBust
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
What are your top 10 most ridiculous/weird moments of the 2008-09 season

2) Shaq-Kobe Valentine's Day Weekend Love Fest at the All-Star Game, the media day meet-up orchestrated by Craig Sager/TNT, and the ASG co-MVP Awards, and how everything revolved around them.

3) Iverson goes back to the rookie yr look at the all-star game by cutting his hair, and then has a disastrous season with the Pistons. Then, one of the greatest players in NBA History is commanded to sit out for the rest of the season and playoffs.

4) Major injuries to title contenders like Kevin Garnett/Leon Powe of the Boston Celtics, Jameer Nelson of the Orlando Magic, Tracy McGrady/Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets and Andrew Bynum of the Los Angeles Lakers.

5) The Knicks hell week and how the NBA made the schedule for the Knicks that week at MSG. 1st, it was the Lakers with Kobe's 61. Then, it was the Cavs with Lebron's 52 pts (1 rebound shy of a triple double after nba reviewed and just took away a rebound in the stat sheet, which was not cool by the nba IMO), and then the knicks having to host and getting beat by the "then" defending champion Celtics. The Knicks go 0-3 for the week, but thats not the worst part of their season.

The whole Stephon Marbury saga overshadowed & defined the 08-09 season for the Knicks.

6) Ron Artest's feuds with Kobe during regular season meetings and the playoffs, and after all that hoopla, they are now teammates.

7) Lamar Odom's candy-addiction and the hype behind it by mentioning that "a doctor told Lamar not to eat so much candy" and stuff like that.

8) The Shaqtus experiment in Phoenix shows its true nature as it fails and the Suns don't make it to the playoffs for the first time since 2003.

10) The 2009 Slam Dunk Contest fails to live up to the hype....again! (however, we do have Lebron to look forward to in the 2010 Contest in the Dallas stadium, if he keeps his word).

If you made that whole list up on your own then great job. The most ridiculous moment of the whole season to me was that Boston/Chicago series. I hate both teams with a passion and still drove all the way to Boston for Game 7 just because of how amazing the games were. Each game was a ridiculous shot topping a ridiculous shot. I loved every minute of it... even though either was I came out the loser.

Wilson
10-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Z-Bo punching Amudson in the face because he thought he was going to kiss him
:laugh:

I must have missed that, wish I'd seen it....:laugh:

Toenail Clipper
10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Fixed

I like your SIG.
It's like a wrestling match
HAHA

ko8e24
10-13-2009, 03:24 PM
If you made that whole list up on your own then great job. The most ridiculous moment of the whole season to me was that Boston/Chicago series. I hate both teams with a passion and still drove all the way to Boston for Game 7 just because of how amazing the games were. Each game was a ridiculous shot topping a ridiculous shot. I loved every minute of it... even though either was I came out the loser.

ya, i made that list on my own, thanx yo. i agree, 7 OTs in a 7 games series of EC 1st rd between celts and bulls was phenomenal.

JWO35
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
I like your SIG.
It's like a wrestling match
HAHA

lol Thanks

Hopefully he can be a great player for you guys

BoratSagdiyev
10-13-2009, 04:02 PM
ya, i made that list on my own, thanx yo. i agree, 7 OTs in a 7 games series of EC 1st rd between celts and bulls was phenomenal.

Bulls fan here. The only part I missed was the first half of game 3.......and I couldn't have picked a better part to miss....

Bashna
10-13-2009, 07:51 PM

Sigh more laker fans taking stabs are Lebron...I hate this garbage.

ko8e24
10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Sigh more laker fans taking stabs are Lebron...I hate this garbage.

c'mon bro....the crab dribble. r u kidding me?

look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jvcfouEiSw