PDA

View Full Version : Well said Paul, well said.

Boston-Born
10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
“I think it’s going to be a very different kind of year, man,” Pierce said. “You obviously have your teams at the top, your teams in the middle. But the difference this year is that the teams at the top got better, and the teams at the bottom didn’t get any better.

“I think that will be a concern -- that things get lopsided for teams at the top -- especially going into a new collective bargaining agreement. They’re going to have to try to see how they can balance out this league, especially with the small-(market) teams that can’t get the big time players in free agency.”

According to Pierce, this climate will ultimately hurt the players -- especially those in the rank and file.

“It’s changed a lot, man,” he said. “You have to factor in the economy, factor in rule changes, changes as far as players going to different places, players not getting guaranteed deals - it’s changing with the times, man.

“There are guys right now who you think, ’Man, they should be on someone’s roster with a guaranteed deal,’ but teams are cutting their rosters down to 13 guys, saving their money for a big free agent prize that’s coming up.

“It’s all moving with the times."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20091011paul_pierce_has_uneasy_feeling/

The man has a good point.

DLeeicious
10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
How is pointing out the obvious well said or a good point?

BkOriginalOne
10-12-2009, 12:47 PM
How is pointing out the obvious well said or a good point?

Because, Paul Pierce wears number 34, when he plays for the Boston Celtics, whose arena is in Massachusetts. Now thats well said.

SchyGuy11
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Shut up pierce

JordansBulls
10-12-2009, 12:52 PM
When it said Paul I was thinking of CP3 because only a few guys in the league are known by there first name. Kobe, Lebron, Dwyane, Dirk and maybe Derrick.

lakerboy
10-12-2009, 12:53 PM
What is happening in Los Angeles is not exactly very unusual. Sure we got Gasol for cheap, but we had the talent because our players took paycuts to be with our team.

Ron Artest would make somewhat around $8M-$10M, and Lamar Odom will have a solid argument to run for that amount of money too, since he came from a championship year. Derrick Fisher who was overpaid by Utah was bought out, and opted to go to LA for lesser money.

In Boston, I think they got a steal with Marquis Daniels. The guy deserves a lot more than what he is making. That is another player choosing to go to a championship team for lesser money.

Orlando and San Antonio have stacked teams, and it's a small market. Both are living proofs that small market teams can be as competitive as big market teams.

In summary, I think there should be a salary cap to help protect small market teams. But there shouldn't be luxury taxes, because only big market teams can afford it.

Also, some big market teams (New York, Toronto, Miami) aren't overpaying because of the 2010 free agency frenzy LeBron James made. He'll take some blame for this if the CBA drastically changes to the players' disadvantage.

DLeeicious
10-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Because, Paul Pierce wears number 34, when he plays for the Boston Celtics, whose arena is in Massachusetts. Now thats well said.

Good points.

Ni55anpat
10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
i'll i have to say is.........man

DLeeicious
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
When it said Paul I was thinking of CP3 because only a few guys in the league are known by there first name. Kobe, Lebron, Dwyane, Dirk and maybe Derrick.

Shaq and Yao too.

Chronz
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
What is happening in Los Angeles is not exactly very unusual. Sure we got Gasol for cheap, but we had the talent because our players took paycuts to be with our team.
Not even close to being true, well just the part about Lakers taking paycuts, but your right its not unusual or unheard of, its happened for decades. Just want to poke fun at you

Ron Artest would make somewhat around $8M-$10M
The only team that could have given him that kind of money were the Rockets, and they only gave him a 1 year deal. So no

, and Lamar Odom will have a solid argument to run for that amount of money too, since he came from a championship year.
Odom stuck with LA, they were the ones who offered the MOST money.

Derrick Fisher who was overpaid by Utah was bought out, and opted to go to LA for lesser money.

Lesser money? How much

In Boston, I think they got a steal with Marquis Daniels. The guy deserves a lot more than what he is making. That is another player choosing to go to a championship team for lesser money.

Maybe but hes another guy teams have overpaid for and now nobody will again.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-12-2009, 01:08 PM
no crap, drama queen

Trouble87
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM
he stated the obvious....

only a Celtic fan would hop on Pierce's **** for stating the obvious