10-10-2009, 10:13 PM
i like it... but i'm from europe :D

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Well we will see in the future.

May i suggest that if it ever happens the name has to be changed to I.B.A

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 10:27 PM
and i may say that is a MUST for nba if they want to survive being the "best" league in the world.
Since in europe there are conversaations among top teams to leave their countrys leagues and euroleague and build a nea SUPER european league.

with NO draft

NO salary cap

and NO MAX SALARY

and NO TRADE RULEs.

Such a league could e profitable enough for teams to offer contracts about TWICE teh amunt than current nba rules allow.

so add up 2+2 ;)

Trouble87
10-10-2009, 10:29 PM
I dont see how he could make it work

All about the money with Stern...... stop trying to whore out the game

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 10:32 PM
i guess they would have to make longer streaks of game out of home.

and mostprobaby not mixing the leagues until the final game.

Someting like west coast winner faces east coast winner and euro winner faces chinese winner

then american winner faces foreing winner.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 10:32 PM
mmm does nfl not work that way? afc teams dont play the other conference teams unless in teh sperbiwl?

PhillyLuver
10-10-2009, 10:36 PM
mmm does nfl not work that way? afc teams dont play the other conference teams unless in teh sperbiwl?

No, AFC teams play the NFC teams in the regular season

montazingmvp
10-10-2009, 10:38 PM
well this isn't going to happen..not anytime soon anyhow....

and if this was to happen stern would have to reschedule the season to a different time of year because in the rest of the world, basketball cannot compete with soccer

static_inferno
10-10-2009, 10:38 PM
in that article it says "NBA-affiliated leagues." so hopefully that means there is no cross-country matches, but rather separate NBA leagues. there will be NBAUS, NBAEUROPE, and NBAASIA.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
that wont happen ^

we dont need the big brother to award us a separate farm league.

we have eurleague.

And we will develop our OWN superleague.

montazingmvp
10-10-2009, 10:47 PM
its not what you need its what stern wants...and that is to make money...

if he can get an nba euro league he will do it..

GivenGrace
10-10-2009, 10:50 PM
A few years ago I read Stern eventually wanted a Euro Division made up of a half dozen teams. It will probably happen sooner or later.

Cubs Win
10-10-2009, 11:14 PM
in that article it says "NBA-affiliated leagues." so hopefully that means there is no cross-country matches, but rather separate NBA leagues. there will be NBAUS, NBAEUROPE, and NBAASIA.

I hope it's something like that and not European and Asian teams trying to compete, because they can't. It would be unfair when current NBA teams played them for probably around a decade at least until they could get up to speed. Please, no NBA teams in Europe and Asia! :pray: (unless its developmental or a farm system)

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 11:17 PM
I hope it's something like that and not European and Asian teams trying to compete, because they can't. It would be unfair when current NBA teams played them for probably around a decade at least until they could get up to speed. Please, no NBA teams in Europe and Asia! :pray: (unless its developmental or a farm system)

do you understand if the league expand those teams would get in the draft and draft american plyers ? ( since they woudl suck in the beggining they woudl get high picks the first couple years) and they would enter Fa too and get american players too.

Not to say that Stern would basically FORCE ming into a chines franchise, Dirk into a german one, Pau , calderon, rudy, etc in an spanish one etc.

xBLAMEITON24x
10-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Won't happen any time soon.. I hope it doesn't maybe one team ineutope would be nice

GodsSon
10-10-2009, 11:23 PM
american born players have a hard enough time wanting to play in Toronto which is just across the border and shares the same underlying culture as in the US, so i highly doubt the mega-stars are going to want to play somewhere in Asia or some European markets.

DubiousCustomer
10-10-2009, 11:46 PM
american born players have a hard enough time wanting to play in Toronto which is just across the border and shares the same underlying culture as in the US, so i highly doubt the mega-stars are going to want to play somewhere in Asia or some European markets.

The "mega-stars" are going to play for whoever offers them the biggest contracts and most publicity, just like it is in the US already.

GodsSon
10-10-2009, 11:59 PM
The "mega-stars" are going to play for whoever offers them the biggest contracts and most publicity, just like it is in the US already.

if thats the case they would all be playing in Europe post 2010, which i guarantee will not happen...although money is a big factor into the decision to sign with a team, there's many others that seem to limit many teams from attracting big names; and i really cant see Lebron/Kobe/Wade playing outside of the US in their prime, despite whatever they may say to the media

Go_NUGGETS
10-11-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm against this...

But I must say...Watching the Nuggets in Asia the past two games....Chinese fans rreally show the most passion and support for the sport....They cheer for everything and really make it exciting.

abe_froman
10-11-2009, 01:02 AM
how incredibly shortsighted/narrow viewed of you guys.globalization is how sports survive(see:english globalizing soccer v. the sports that were popular in different counties before they did it),you really want to become bobsled or some other niche sport that only a handful care about, that were popular in some counties but decided not to globalize it??

maybe its because we're here.but that where growth and solidifying the sport lays.thats the future

Go_NUGGETS
10-11-2009, 01:04 AM
how incredibly shortsighted/narrow viewed of you guys.globalization is how sports survive(see:english globalizing soccer v. the sports that were popular in different counties before they did it),you really want to become bobsled or some other niche sport that only a handful care about but were popular in some counties but decided not to globalize it??

maybe its because we're here.but that where growth and solidifying the sport lays.thats the future

Theres MLS in the united states....There can be Asian Leagues and Euro leagues and etc etc....The NBA doesn't need to branch off...Sorry.

Strumpy
10-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Stern's plot for world domination.

Kings Faithful
10-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Stern = Anti-Christ

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-11-2009, 02:30 AM
Stern is ********

RaptorsB-Ball90
10-11-2009, 08:34 AM
:facepalm:

MackSnackWrap
10-11-2009, 09:20 AM
in the next 20 years maybe

SA5195
10-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Stop wasting your time Stern.

bahama0811
10-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Stern is going to ruin the NBA

deuces
10-11-2009, 01:00 PM
The only way i see this happening is like having teams in places like asia, europe or any other place, like their own leagues then the champions of those leagues come together to play each other to see who's is the best