PDA

View Full Version : Will Prokhorov Improve the Nets' Fortunes in the Long Term?

mrblisterdundee
10-10-2009, 03:49 PM
It's a very exciting time for the New Jersey (Brooklyn) Nets, with a minutely shady Russian businessman purchasing a controlling stake in the team, and partially financing their new (Barclays (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclay%27s)) arena. Mikhail Prokhorov (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_D._Prokhorov#Controversy) is a 6'7" basketball fanatic who spends a lot on a very lavish lifestyle, just like Chelsea F.C. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.) owner Roman Abramovich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Abramovich).
When Abramovich bought Chelsea, it sucked. Then he pumped a bunch of his semi-illicitly earned money into it, and the team improved all the way to being a powerhouse in the Premier League.
Prokhorov is obviously more financially stable than most American businessman, since Russia has a more stable economic future than the United States. This gets me thinking that the Nets are going to be some huge spenders in the near future. How do you feel about the Nets' future? Will Prokhorov's huge wad of cash and love of basketball mean a bigger free agent in 2010 for the team? Will he be willing to regularly go over the cap to make his team one of the best, like Abramovich's in Chelsea?

randomness
10-10-2009, 03:51 PM
probably so.. the nets will obviously go after a big name in 2010 like.. James, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire etc..

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 03:52 PM
since there ar rules like cap rules or trading rules etc he cant do waht abramovich did for chelsea, basicaly buy anyone they like.

for the oment ill think lebron, wade, bosh wont sign with them

so people will start joking bout the nj NYETS

abe_froman
10-10-2009, 03:58 PM
just look at what he did to moscow.it's a pretty safe bet to say, of course he will

DaPrimeTime21
10-10-2009, 04:15 PM
since there ar rules like cap rules or trading rules etc he cant do waht abramovich did for chelsea, basicaly buy anyone they like.

for the oment ill think lebron, wade, bosh wont sign with them

so people will start joking bout the nj NYETS

LBJ will be a brooklyn net. No doubt.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 04:21 PM
leborn will

stay 50%

knicks 30%

clippers 19%

that leaves a 1% for other teams

sofargone
10-10-2009, 04:45 PM
does jay z have a share in the team still or wut?

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 05:01 PM
dont think so.

Also i expect a move for kirienko to make the product marketable in russia

JIDsanity
10-10-2009, 05:18 PM
does jay z have a share in the team still or wut?

Yea, he does still own a Small part of the team as he did before. The Russian own 80% of the team, and is the majority owner. Jay only has stock in it.

...And there will be no move for AK-47. I hate it when people start rumors, and have no Idea what they talking about. NJ going after AK, dumbest thing I've read today :facepalm:

sofargone
10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Yea, he does still own a Small part of the team as he did before. The Russian own 80% of the team, and is the majority owner. Jay only has stock in it.

...And there will be no move for AK-47. I hate it when people start rumors, and have no Idea what they talking about. NJ going after AK, dumbest thing I've read today :facepalm:

ive read dumber

PBG
10-10-2009, 05:41 PM
leborn will

stay 50%

knicks 30%

clippers 19%

that leaves a 1% for other teams

where you get these numbers from?

nymets57
10-10-2009, 05:45 PM
where you get these numbers from?

his ***

sofargone
10-10-2009, 05:48 PM
his ***
no more like his dick

PBG
10-10-2009, 05:58 PM
lol

Ovratd1up
10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I think New Jersey is the PERFECT fit for Lebron.

Two potential stars already in place at PG and C, one who is dynamic, a great playmaker, and the other who is potentially top 5 at his position who can provide post game, power, and some pick and pop.
Both are young, tough, and good defensively, as is Courtney Lee, who as a SG who defends and hits the three but can also slash, is also a perfect fit next to Lebron.
If Yi develops, he is a spread the floor three point shooter which is what Cleveland is lacking right now. They would have a big, tall frontcourt with Lebron and two seven footers.
I think they should try to pry away Beasley from the Heat, namely for Alston and Terrence Wiliams, who is another you prospect with tons of talent. I think it's a win-win for both teams.
Then this year the Heat could start Alston/Wade/Williams/Haslem/O'Neal, and the Nets could start Harris/Lee/Beasley/Yi/Lopez. That is a great improvement for both teams.
Then if Lebron came, Beasley could slide over to the 4 (or to the bench) and this team is a much better fit for him than in Miami, and I'm not going to start with how much Beasley could Bring to Lebron's table.
That is a team with tons of talent and multiple stars already in place, yet none who could come close to eclipsing Lebron's stardom, as Wade in Miami or Rose in Chicago may.
This is without mentioning the move to Brooklyn and the fact that he is great friends with part owner Jay-Z.
If I were Lebron I would think twice before going to New Jersey/ Brooklyn. Then I would go.

MackSnackWrap
10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
ye IMO

vash9
10-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Lebron to Brooklyn.