PDA

View Full Version : Diana Taurasi

AI4MVP
10-10-2009, 03:44 PM
first of all, id liek to congratulate my Phoenix Mercury on winning there 2nd WNBA title! if my suns cant get it done, then thank god our Lady Suns are.

K, i think itd be a really cool idea to have women be able to play in the NBA, and i think the first person to break that barrier should be Diana Taurasi. If anyone saw her play in the WNBA, she has amazing feel for the game, amazing ball handling skills, great passer, great shooter with range faaaar behind NBA three.

How great would that be for the NBA?How great would that be for TV ratings? Every basketball fan in the world would tune in to see the first women play in the NBA against men.

how would u guys feel about this, and do u think theres oing to be a possiblity that it can ever happen?

randomness
10-10-2009, 03:47 PM
I think a woman has already played in the NBA in the 70s.. saw it on TV once.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 03:55 PM
all i can say is when i was younger i was in a very bad team, we finished last in the competition.

the club had also a feminine team, wich won the league that season.

We played a friendly game against them

we won with a 40+ difference.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 03:56 PM
this of course is on a local scene.

but i can guarantee you WOlves would kill mercury by more than 60 points.

abe_froman
10-10-2009, 04:00 PM
parker would be a better choice

nolin
10-10-2009, 04:01 PM
first of all, id liek to congratulate my Phoenix Mercury on winning there 2nd WNBA title! if my suns cant get it done, then thank god our Lady Suns are.

K, i think itd be a really cool idea to have women be able to play in the NBA, and i think the first person to break that barrier should be Diana Taurasi. If anyone saw her play in the WNBA, she has amazing feel for the game, amazing ball handling skills, great passer, great shooter with range faaaar behind NBA three.

How great would that be for the NBA?How great would that be for TV ratings? Every basketball fan in the world would tune in to see the first women play in the NBA against men.

how would u guys feel about this, and do u think theres oing to be a possiblity that it can ever happen?

Nice thought but no chance. Why not let Lauren Pringle play in the Nfl then?

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 04:02 PM
only sports where girls shoudl compete with boys are those where machines are involved like racing or motorbikes

and those where there is not contact like bow or shooting etc.

magichatnumber9
10-10-2009, 04:05 PM
There are as many women on this earth as there are men, they have a league and don't bother to support it.

AI4MVP
10-10-2009, 04:06 PM
parker would be a better choice

not even close. she only has inside skills which she wouldnt be able to use against men

AI4MVP
10-10-2009, 04:08 PM
idk i just think itd be good for marketing to let a women play like in one game.

abe_froman
10-10-2009, 04:11 PM
not even close. she only has inside skills which she wouldnt be able to use against men

you said you wanted ratings.out of every female player she would brig the biggest ratings

sofargone
10-10-2009, 04:11 PM
its a proven by science that women are less superior than men, therefore women cant play sports.

Toxeryll
10-10-2009, 04:14 PM
its a proven by science that women are less superior than men, therefore women cant play sports.

this is logically incorrect

SirCarlton
10-10-2009, 04:15 PM
anyone can shoot way outside the nba 3 line with a womens ball

SA5195
10-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Why not something like the.....WNBA?

BRoy23
10-10-2009, 04:20 PM
not being sexist or anything but how can any women stop people like dwight howard in the nba

sofargone
10-10-2009, 04:32 PM
this is logically incorrect

are you a woman?

Strumpy
10-10-2009, 04:33 PM

This is correct.

topdog
10-10-2009, 04:40 PM
There are anatomical differences between men and women which at the highest level favor men to women physically.

Before we all get off on a superiority complex or whatever, I think it's an interesting concept and it would be cool to see players like Tirasi and Parker match up against some of the fellas. They are immensely skilled and talented unlike many NBA players.

That said, I think mixing men and women after puberty is a bad idea. I can only imagine that horrible things that could happen (unintentionally and not) when guys get competitive and/or act the fool.

Lakers4ItAll
10-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I would hate it if women were in the NBA, the WNBA sucks ***

sofargone
10-10-2009, 04:44 PM
we all know kobe would just try to rape any female nba players anyways...LOL WHAT IS THIS 2003?????????????????????????

knickerbockerny
10-10-2009, 04:47 PM
She would not fair well in the league. She is not as athlethic as the guards in the league nor is she as strong.

Fireworld
10-10-2009, 04:48 PM
It's not proper.

GoatMilk
10-10-2009, 04:51 PM
an AAU team would kill any WNBA team

B.JenningsMVP
10-10-2009, 05:01 PM
She'd get raped.. literally

thephoenixson28
10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
not being sexist or anything but how can any women stop people like dwight howard in the nba Nobody can't guard dwight howard man or woman. Diana taurasi would be like a jj reddick.DT is a beast.

jetsfan28
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
OK, the ridiculous 12th man PG I used to bring up in situations like this was Rick Brunson, but he retired... Mike ****ing James would dominate Diana Taurasi

Hellcrooner
Nobody can't guard dwight howard man or woman. Diana taurasi would be like a jj reddick.DT is a beast.

did you see the finals? mua ha ha ha

sofargone
Nobody can't guard dwight howard man or woman. Diana taurasi would be like a jj reddick.DT is a beast.

she could attempt to distract Dwight with a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookies. Then she could clean for him.

GREATNESS ONE
10-10-2009, 05:20 PM

:laugh::laugh: That was hillarious

I heard there menstrual cramps attract Bears.

are u Trying to put the NBA in Danger!!!!:D

_KB24_
10-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Women should continue competing with women. They are naturally smaller and weaker than the average man in most cases. This would be a stupid idea IMO. The Clippers would have as many rings as the Celtics if they were in the WNBA and Taurausi would not even start in the D-League, which is not a knock on her ability as a player, but in which the league she plays in.

thephoenixson28
10-10-2009, 05:30 PM
did you see the finals? mua ha ha haYeah is there a problem with that.

jetsfan28
10-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I remember, when I was little, my parents got season tickets to the first couple of Liberty seasons (anything to watch more basketball, how bad can it be?). Once, we went to a practice, and they had 2 random guys practicing with them so they had enough people for their scrimmage. Those 2 random dudes dominated the game.

And that's when the Liberty were the best team in the East.

primetimekings
10-10-2009, 05:48 PM
no way in hell she could be successful let alone any girl be successful in the nba.greg anthony and tim leglar said when candace parker was dominating college and dominated her 1st year in the wnba that she could maybe maybe play d3 college basketball the worst player in the nba would be wilt chamberlain times 10 in the wnba

rabzouz 96
10-10-2009, 05:54 PM
since when do they play basketballin the kitchen?

shep33
10-10-2009, 06:00 PM
It'll be tough for a woman to play in the NBA... i don't see it happening for a couple of reasons:

1) Let's say Taurasi made it, what happens when Shaq clobbers her while going for a layup. I mean not a flagrant but a hard foul. Could you imagine the reaction of the media. A man hurting a woman in a professional sport is something that's gonna cause havoc in the the eyes of the media.

2) Let's face it, if you put a WNBA team up against a decent high school team, i'm sure they'd get destroyed. The athleticism between the two genders when it comes to basketball is a huge difference. Plus are the guys gonna take it easy on the girls, reducing the competition of the game?

3) This actually happend in Canada once: Two girls (i think in highschool) wanted to play for a Jr. Men's hockey team. They were good enough, however... some guys decided that they should be able to play on the girls team (i don't know why you'd do this). Nonetheless, this starts to get into issues of gender equality.

greg_ory_2005
10-10-2009, 06:03 PM
She'd get raped.. literally

^:nod:

thedfactor
10-10-2009, 06:27 PM
As skilled at Taurasi is I still don't think it would translate into being better than the 12th man on any NBA roster.

Men play at a far more competitive level with athletic ability not seen in women's basketball. NBA players are faster, stronger, bigger, and more aggressive than what we think.

Point is no DT3 won't be making it to the NBA. It would cause rifts amongst women and men, because any guy she "would play ahead" would be pissed. Just not going to happen for various reasons, but most importantly because the talent level is above DT3.

MackSnackWrap
10-10-2009, 08:02 PM
no women shouuld have there own league and Men should have their own

ARMIN12NBA
10-10-2009, 08:22 PM
She would be the absolute worst player even in the NBA D-League. This would be a huge fail and they shouldn't even think of trying it. It would be way too embarrassing.

PennyMy#1
10-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Nah! Wouldn't do that. It's gonna be difficult.

VCaintdead17
10-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Women should be in the league. If they want equal rights so bad, let them play in the NBA and get dunked on by Shaq

dee279
10-10-2009, 09:01 PM
strength and size i think would be too much of a big diff

Wisdom Listens
10-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Is the best player in the WNBA better than the worst player in the NBA?

ChiSox219
10-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Is the best player in the WNBA better than the worst player in the NBA?

Yeah, better at doing laundry

magichatnumber9
10-10-2009, 09:38 PM
its a proven by science that women are less superior than men, therefore women cant play sports.This guy is the wild card.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 10:15 PM
some of the coments here are embarassing.

To think americans have the bollocks to dub spanish people male-chauvinists and then they write all this ****.

Dudes you should check your heads.

KnicksPain
10-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Candace Parker can post me up anytime, just saying.

jetsfan28
10-10-2009, 10:23 PM
some of the coments here are embarassing.

To think americans have the bollocks to dub spanish people male-chauvinists and then they write all this ****.

Dudes you should check your heads.

A) It is true that women are physically at a disadvantage to men in athletic competition
B) Most of the other comments are clearly jokes
C) Way to make all generalizations, that all Americans think of Spanish people that way, or that all Americans degrade women, you should check your head.

Bulls_fan90
10-10-2009, 10:32 PM
You cant be serious, this may be the most pathetic thread i have read in my life.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 10:53 PM
A) It is true that women are physically at a disadvantage to men in athletic competition
B) Most of the other comments are clearly jokes
C) Way to make all generalizations, that all Americans think of Spanish people that way, or that all Americans degrade women, you should check your head.

There are things that shouldnt be made fun of.

If cared i would search for the posts last season of people criticising spanish team for the slantd eyes foto fiasco and check how many of the offened people there is doing male chauvinist jokes here.

Wisdom Listens
10-10-2009, 10:58 PM

Who are you to say what should and shouldn't be made fun of? If a MOD sees a comment as inappropriate, they will delete it.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 11:00 PM
im sure dbroncos nor cubsgirl have read this thread or some people woudl be already punished,

Wisdom Listens
10-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Punished? LOL. Well if you aren't a morality enforcement officer in training then I don't know what is. I'm sure CubsGirl knows how to take a joke, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Nah im in favour of free speech as log as is respectfull.

jetsfan28
10-10-2009, 11:10 PM

If cared i would search for the posts last season of people criticising spanish team for the slantd eyes foto fiasco and check how many of the offened people there is doing male chauvinist jokes here.

So, you're generalizing all of us based on a few people joking (and yes, they clearly are joking about a topic often joked about by people of all nationalities). How are you any better? Try looking at yourself before complaining about others.

Trouble87
10-10-2009, 11:15 PM
the difference in strength & hieght would be too much

Trouble87
10-10-2009, 11:16 PM

x2 word KP

Wisdom Listens
10-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Nah im in favour of free speech as log as is respectfull.

I agree, but the intention is what's important, not the words itself.

I like you
10-11-2009, 06:17 AM
Zydrunas ilguaskas will look like an athletic beast next to DT

FOBolous
10-11-2009, 08:41 AM
im sure dbroncos nor cubsgirl have read this thread or some people woudl be already punished,

no offense but cubsgirl isn't a good mod...she lets her personal opinion get in the way too often and have trouble staying objective/neutral

but yeea...a woman in the NBA wouldn't work. i mean...they can't even dunk. Being able to dunk is like a big deal in the WNBA and only TWO dunks have ever been done in the history of the league. that tells you something.

ko8e24
10-11-2009, 10:59 PM

:drool:

Spurred1
10-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Don't think it would work due to vast size difference. Don't see how even a fit woman could withstand a collision with Shaq/Dwight/Duncan, etc. Too much potential for injuries to the woman.
Oops-have to go, since the cookies are burning and I have laundry to fold, and other womanly duties to perform...

Hustla23
10-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Man, screw that.

She'd get impregnated in the locker room before the third week of the season.

Then you'd have to DNP her for the rest of the season and then it just becomes a huge waste.

Maybe she could be the road cook or laundry maid.

Zefflin
10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Haha wow at this thread. I love playing sports with girls, letting em rubbing up all on me and let them think they'll win.

LA_Raiders
10-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Agree, She can play with the Suns and maybe you can make the POffs this year...

LA_Raiders
10-12-2009, 01:30 AM
x2 word KP

x3

clutchski
10-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Personally I think Taurasi would be as good as Marco Bellinelli in he NBA, and visa versa for Marco in the WNBA. Give or take a little of course.

CountSackula
10-12-2009, 01:50 AM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I actually laughed.

GREATNESS ONE
10-12-2009, 03:01 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I actually laughed.

lmao me2

Lil Rhody
10-12-2009, 08:44 AM
future HOF but not nba player

Ace33Bone
10-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Phoenix is my favorite WNBA team as well... and I think Taurasi is absolutely stunning she is one of the only female players that I can sit down and watch her play with a sense of awe because she is truly that good... And I think that Capi Poindexter, Penny Taylor and Taurasi are the best trio in the WNBA since Swoopes, Thompson & Cooper (who i feel was the best WNBA player ever) as a dude that played college basketball I went out to purchase her jersey lol... but I am still skeptical about a female playing in the NBA... I jujst think that the game would be too fast and physical for them... but if there is any girl that can possibly break that barrier in the game today it would be Taurasi

fresh prince
10-12-2009, 05:09 PM
only sports where girls shoudl compete with boys are those where machines are involved like racing or motorbikes

and those where there is not contact like bow or shooting etc.

That's some funny **** right there..

Not sure if you were even trying to be funny..but good job either way

ko8e24
10-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Personally I think Taurasi would be as good as Marco Bellinelli in he NBA, and visa versa for Marco in the WNBA. Give or take a little of course.

:laugh:

Miami_Megatron
10-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I Love DT....and i think she could do it but i think she would be a backup...the NBA game is too fast for most chicks.......but yeah DT could do it!!

JLynn943
10-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I could see a mixed game during all-star week or something (other than the celebrity game), but nothing beyond that. The NBA is just too physical.