PDA

View Full Version : My 1st NBA auction fantasy draft

fredo832
10-09-2009, 09:43 AM
So yeah I did my 1st auction fantasy draft and well I would like to know what yall think of it. I really didnt know how it worked so after i pretty much spent just about all my money on CP3 and Dwade i couldnt really get much going afterwards which sucks. So what are yalls opinion on my draft? Im dropping Eddy Curry by the way for Zyndrunas Ilgauskas so ignore that..

PG Chris Paul, Nor PG
SG Dwyane Wade, Mia SG
SF Andrei Kirilenko, Uta SF, PF
PF Lamar Odom, LAL SF, PF
C Eddy Curry, NY C
G Aaron Brooks, Hou PG
F Trevor Ariza, Hou SF
UTIL Rodney Stuckey, Det PG
UTIL Richard Jefferson, SA SF
UTIL Stephen Curry, GS PG, SG
Bench Luol Deng, Chi SF
Bench Corey Maggette, GS SF
Bench Al Thornton, LAC SF

DQL
10-09-2009, 09:23 PM
what is an auction draft? I would like to join one

fredo832
10-09-2009, 11:36 PM
If you go to espn fantasy basketball go to auction type draft when you look for a lobby. And its pretty wierd really. People nominate a player like I can nominate Lebron James and I start the bid with 40 dollars and then everyone else is can bet on him to get him and the person with the highest bid gets him. then so and so picks the next player and the samething again. But whats sucks is that you only start off with 200 dollars. For example I spent 101 on dwade and then 80 on cp3 that left me with 19 dollars which made my draft diffcult not being able to be as much as others. its really entertaining but you have to be smart about it.

kEviN21
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Auction style sounds fun lol. If anything you're missing guys who would be around the 40 dollars range but it might be interesting because Wade and Paul get nearly triple doubles. Lamar's production will do down because of Artest I think, and Eddy Curry will be behind David Lee in production. The other guys are solid backups and will produce fine. If you do struggle in the beginning look to trade Paul/filler for 2-3 mid guys like Rashard Lewis/Ray Allen/VC/Al Jefferson/Josh Smith/Joe Johnson.........shop around lol...good luck I draft this week I'll post my team up.

fredo832
10-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Alright cool I wish you luck on your draft bro,