PDA

View Full Version : Could the magics second team win 20 games ?

BkNets13088
10-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Looking at the magics second team

PG- White Chocolate
SG- Michael Pietrus
SF-Matt Barnes
PF- Ryan Anderson
C- Marcin Gortat

Looking at this lineup I would say they could win 20 as a starting team. I think they are the best 2nd team out of any in the league

BkNets13088
10-09-2009, 12:13 AM
I thought of this because Doc Rivers was talking about his second unit

Chronz
10-09-2009, 12:14 AM
They are not a better team than whatever the lowest amount of wins last years worst team had. Your clearly underestimating exactly what kind of production it takes to win even 10 games.

I mean hypothetically, if thats the starting unit, then how bad would the backups to the original backups be.

BkNets13088
10-09-2009, 12:18 AM
I just think that they are a solid backup squad... I never really thought about their backups just looked at the magic's second unit in comparison to other teams

abe_froman
10-09-2009, 12:22 AM
portland's have a good shot at beating them

Chronz
10-09-2009, 12:35 AM
OK lets say we eliminate all the starters in the league, what other 2nd units do you rank up there with em?

willthethrill22
10-09-2009, 12:45 AM
warriors 2nd unit could win some games

Watson
Morrow
Azabukie
Maggette
Turiaf

BkNets13088
10-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Portland- miller fernandez outlaw howard przybilla
Boston-house daniels walker sheed big baby
hawks- teague crawford evans joe smith pachulia
mavs- barea terry williams gooden tim thomas?
gs- curry morrow maggette moore turiaf
jazz- price korver miles milsap koufos

I like GS and the Magic the best

Rocco007
10-09-2009, 01:26 AM
In the East...

ChiSox219
10-09-2009, 01:29 AM
5 of the 6 worst teams were in the West last season.

If the Magic backups could win 20 in the East, they could do it in the West.

24goingfor2
10-09-2009, 01:45 AM
if you care so much about bad basketball watch the D-Leauge. Oh and ChiSox219 the West won the Finals last year. Its only one team that wins and it was the Lakers, who cares if the east has 5 stacked teams only one is gonna win and i bet the East doesnt even win another finals for 5 years

TheHeat3
10-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Gotta mention the Wizards and Pistons 2nd unit

Wizards: Foye, Young, DeShawn, Blatche and McGee

Pistons: Bynum, Hamilton/Gordon, Austin Daye, Villanueva /Maxiell, Chris Wilcox/Big Ben

Those are some pretty nice looking 2nd Units.

IRUAM #21
10-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Portland

Blake/Milller
Fernandez
Outlaw/Webster
Howard ????
Oden/Pryzbylia

zambo4president
10-09-2009, 02:51 AM
Nahh, I mean its a great 2nd squad. But going against the 1st units and some of the other good 2nds, It would be very difficult.

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 05:01 AM
What about phoenix

Dragic
Barbosa
Dudley/Clark
Amundson
Lopez

BkNets13088
10-09-2009, 05:26 AM
I will be a homer if everyone else is....oh wait the nets backup roster is so ********. Two solid backup pgs...a bunch of guys who don't have an exact position (Swat, Boone, CDR, Twill, Simmons)

GREATNESS ONE
10-09-2009, 06:40 AM
They are not a better team than whatever the lowest amount of wins last years worst team had. Your clearly underestimating exactly what kind of production it takes to win even 10 games.

I mean hypothetically, if thats the starting unit, then how bad would the backups to the original backups be.

Exactly, It's like some people don't even watch the Game.....

But I guess if they all Magically played every minute of every game. Without getting tired then yes they would probably come close to winning 20.

Ovratd1up
10-09-2009, 08:08 AM
The Bulls backups aren't too shabby,

Kirk Hinrich
Jannero Pargo
James Johnson
Taj Gibson
Brad Miller

I imagine that team would compete with the other top benches

Ace33Bone
10-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I say that the Wizards second unit would definitely beat this team... I also do not think that this team would win 20 games... maybe 10 or so but that would be against some of the teams that are worse off this year like the: Bucks, Kings and T-Wolves and I still believe that all of these teams are better than the team you just named

GAWDtv
10-09-2009, 09:56 AM
if you care so much about bad basketball watch the D-Leauge. Oh and ChiSox219 the West won the Finals last year. Its only one team that wins and it was the Lakers, who cares if the east has 5 stacked teams only one is gonna win and i bet the East doesnt even win another finals for 5 years

I WILL TAKE THAT BET. Get off Kobe's didick for a minute and make a wager?

How about, once the East wins (Like Clev. this season) you post my Logo/banner on your posts...:D

Jamiecballer
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
this definitely one of those 2 in the morning sorta threads..... it's a nice second team but it wouldn't win 20 games i don't think. maybe 13-14.... how many times can you play the Knicks and Bucks?

Pierzynski4Prez
10-09-2009, 10:46 AM
The Bulls backups aren't too shabby,

Kirk Hinrich
Jannero Pargo
James Johnson
Taj Gibson
Brad Miller

I imagine that team would compete with the other top benches

x2, got 2 quality starters there, and 2 solid rooks.

KnicksorBust
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Knicks are dangerous... when it comes to bench players! :laugh: This was their first preseason bench:

Toney Douglas
Nate
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Darko

JasonJohnHorn
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
No disrespect meant, but the Magic's second team couldn't win 10 games let alone twenty. White Chocoalte is a season out of practice and have never been a good shooter and has traditionally given up on defence and cuased a lot of turnover. I'm not even sure why they signed him. Matt Barnes is a decnet back-up, but he's only had once good year and that was playing on a non-playoff team, getting starting minutes and played next to Nash (everybody looks good next to Nash). Pietrus didn't even shoot 42% from the floor last year and has only borken a double digit average once in his career and Gortat (though he does have potential) will likely end up starting a lot of games this year (either at power forward or so Howard can play power forward), so he isn't really going to be on the second unit, and even if he was he still have never strung together a regular season where he has put up more than 3.8 points a game. As for Ryan Anderson, they guy couldn't even get a starting job on the Nets (though I do think he's a decent player and may be the answer for the Magic's power forward issues- Lewis needs to move to small forward, that is his natural position).

As for second units, the Mavs have a great one. If they are going with the same starting line-up as last season, they will have Shawn Marion, Drew Gooden and Jason Terry all coming off the bench. The Spurs (if they are staring Duncan, Jefferson, Parker, Ginobili and Bonner) will have Theo Ratliff, Roger Mason, Antonio McDysee, and Michael Finley coming off the bench. As far as the Magic go, I actually see their bench as a week spot. The Hawks, Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Cavs and Nuggets all have better benches. But you can take comfort in knowing that the Magic have one of the best starting line-ups in the league.

Tblaze
10-09-2009, 12:26 PM
For now blazers bench looks like:

Andre Miller
Rudy Fernandez
Martell Webster
Travis Outlaw (Yes he did play alot of backup pf last year)
Greg Oden

add to that a "bench" of Ime Udoka, Jerryd Bayless, Juwan Howard and Dante Cunningham...

Of course this might change during the season as Miller and Oden are likely to shift into the starting spots. But for now, I think there's no bench unit that comes even remotely close to that.

DP&Youk1520
10-09-2009, 12:32 PM

PG- White Chocolate
SG- Michael Pietrus
SF-Matt Barnes
PF- Ryan Anderson
C- Marcin Gortat

Looking at this lineup I would say they could win 20 as a starting team. I think they are the best 2nd team out of any in the league
:facepalm: i take my chances on bostons 2nd team

DP&Youk1520
10-09-2009, 12:53 PM
heres why celtics bench is better than orlandos

C Rasheed Wallace: was a real good starter but still can be
PF Glen Davis: he dose well when he stats for KG plus hes nasty in the bench
SF Marquis Daniels: was the Pacers 2nd or 3rd best player on thier team plus hes a scorer.
SG Eddie House: a good bench guy and a great Shooter
PG Tony Alen: if he has time it could be a break out for him in the bench

no doubt the magic bench has gotten better but boston added some good pieces

ny212
10-09-2009, 01:25 PM
ya i agree the knicks got the best bench lol we are fulllll of bench players except lee lol

floridian321
10-09-2009, 02:23 PM

WoW! Fact of the matter is the Lakers had no competition all year. And if Jameer was healthy all year we would of beat you guys in the finals. Beacause last time I checked we swept you guys and other top western conference teams in the west in the regular season when Jameer was at his best. IMO, I dont think we should of played Jameer in the finals anyways.

Toenail Clipper
10-09-2009, 07:53 PM
OK lets say we eliminate all the starters in the league, what other 2nd units do you rank up there with em?

Homer
Clippers - DeAndre Jordan, Chris Kaman, Rasual Butler, Ricky Davis/Steve Novak, Sebastian Telfair

WITZ
10-09-2009, 08:15 PM
The cavs bench is pretty good ,couple starters from other teams last year .
Pg-Gibson
Sg-A. Parker
Sf. J.Moon
Pf. Leon Powe
C- big Z

*Superman*
10-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I think they could win at least 15. Only thing is that none of those guys can create their own offense. They are made to be sparks on offense(or defense) not full time scorers. That is the main thing i see wrong with them.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Raptors?

C-Nesterovic
PF-Evans/ Johnson
SF-Wright
SG-Belinelli
PG-Jack

Raps18-19 Champ
10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
The cavs bench is pretty good ,couple starters from other teams last year .
Pg-Gibson
Sg-A. Parker
Sf. J.Moon
Pf. Leon Powe
C- big Z

That is actually a pretty sick bench.

Top 4 IMO.

*Superman*
10-09-2009, 08:33 PM

PG- White Chocolate
SG- Michael Pietrus
SF-Matt Barnes
PF- Ryan Anderson
C- Marcin Gortat

And I think you could even switch Bass for Anderson, even though Anderson has been balling it up in the preseason.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-09-2009, 08:38 PM
And I think you could even switch Bass for Anderson, even though Anderson has been balling it up in the preseason.

I think he is saying that Bass is the starting PF.

MackSnackWrap
10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
no they wouldnt win 20 IMO

MackSnackWrap
10-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Raps have one of the top 5 benches

1-800-STFU
10-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Quick everyone name your home team and say their bench is better!!

Chronz
10-10-2009, 12:41 AM
I dont think Bass will be starting

clutchski
10-10-2009, 12:58 AM
I think pretty much any team with the exception of mayyybe teams like Sac and NJ would destroy the Magic's second team.

Raph12
10-10-2009, 02:21 AM

The backups would look like this lol:
PG - Anthony Johnson
SG - JJ Redick
SF - Morris Almond
PF - Linton Johnson II
C - Adonal Foyle

So pretty bad to say the least lol.

LA_Raiders
10-10-2009, 12:05 PM
No way, no teams 2nd unit can win 20gms vs 1st units...

TheKing23
10-10-2009, 12:46 PM
I think the Cavs second unit is definitely among the best in the league...

PG: Daniel Gibson
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Jamario Moon
PF: Leon Powe
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Three of those five guys have started for the majority of their career's and Powe and Gibson have been solid players off the bench.

MrFastBreak
10-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I could name plenty other second units that can win 20 or or more games before Orlando's second unit. The Blazers, Celtics, Hawks, Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Cavs and Nuggets. They all have better benches and backups.