PDA

View Full Version : You are the cavs or heat and its february....

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Lebron/Wade are giving ALL THE SIGNALS they will go in FA leaving you with Nothing but capspace wich you wont be able to use cause no one woudl want to join a lebronless cavs or wadeles heat.

THen Portland goes and offers you Bayless, Rudy Fernandez, Outlow and some picks.

What do you do?.

I have a feeling about Portland making a move like that it does not make sense to have to many taleneted young prospects rotting in the bench.

b_rad23
10-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd laugh in their face. Three young bench talents for the best player in the game?

That trade would start with Oden, Rudy, Bayless, Outlaw and pick. At least then it would be enough to put out a competitive young roster, in stead of just a stacked bench.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
buddy cavs and heat are on the weak side of the deal if februrary comes and they have not resigend them players its take the best you are offered or lose them for NOTHING.

i guarantee that is one otf the best offfers they could probably collect from any team in the league.

Ace33Bone
10-08-2009, 11:53 AM
I'd laugh in their face. Three young bench talents for the best player in the game?

That trade would start with Oden, Rudy, Bayless, Outlaw and pick. At least then it would be enough to put out a competitive young roster, in stead of just a stacked bench.

x2 Both of these players are two of the top 3 players in the league without question I wouldn't be able to laugh in their face because I would not look them in the face and IMO it has to start with Oden and Roy + some more players before we even begin considering the offer other than that your speaking in sign language over the phone

Raph12
10-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Lebron/Wade are giving ALL THE SIGNALS they will go in FA leaving you with Nothing but capspace wich you wont be able to use cause no one woudl want to join a lebronless cavs or wadeles heat.

THen Portland goes and offers you Bayless, Rudy Fernandez, Outlow and some picks.

What do you do?.

I have a feeling about Portland making a move like that it does not make sense to have to many taleneted young prospects rotting in the bench.

No a few bench players and some picks do not equal Lebron/Wade, the Cavs/Heat would probably just hold onto them unless they get an offer they can't refuse.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 12:07 PM
buddy cavs and heat are on the weak side of the deal if februrary comes and they have not resigend them players its take the best you are offered or lose them for NOTHING.

i guarantee that is one otf the best offfers they could probably collect from any team in the league.

That is still a terrible offer for Lebron and Wade. In order to take it, I would ask for at least their next 3-5 1st round picks. We're talking about the best 2 players in the game, and you are offering 3 guys who will never make an all star game. That would just be handing portland the next few titles.

I don't think they would ask for Oden back since his future is really 50-50 as far as being high caliber, but Roy would definitely have to be involved.

greg_ory_2005
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Giving up possibly the best players in the game for bench guys? No thanks.

kriviant
10-08-2009, 12:31 PM

What do you do?.

I would tell them to go kill themselves.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I would tell them to go kill themselves.

Not go **** themselves, but Kill themselves??? I like it.

thephoenixson28
10-08-2009, 12:41 PM

i guarantee that is one otf the best offfers they could probably collect from any team in the league. Or just see if you can keep them. I'm pretty sure wade or lebron sign with there original team.Everyone can speculate, I just hate it when people say you might lose them for nothing. I'm going to tell you like this nobodys safe on a team, but that doesn't mean trade for role players. I can't wait until 2010 passes cuz I'm tired of seeing threads like were is wade,lebron and the rest of the 2010 free agent class going to go.

JordansBulls
10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Portland could just trade Roy for Lebron straight up.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Portland could just trade Roy for Lebron straight up.

along with a few #1 picks.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Or just see if you can keep them. I'm pretty sure wade or lebron sign with there original team.Everyone can speculate, I just hate it when people say you might lose them for nothing. I'm going to tell you like this nobodys safe on a team, but that doesn't mean trade for role players. I can't wait until 2010 passes cuz I'm tired of seeing threads like were is wade,lebron and the rest of the 2010 free agent class going to go.

That's not the point of this thread though. Hellcrooner is saying if it comes down to February, and Wade or Lebron have already stated they are NOT re-signing. In that case, they would lose them for nothing if they don't trade them.

kyubi256
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Rudy Fernandez is a nice pick to have but the others are not worth it...

In this case you would just put them out on the block, that way you have competition and you have much better deals than Fernandez, Outlaw, Bayless, and picks...

And even in this case, most likely you still don't deal them and just keep them... You will lose the respect of all of Cleveland/Miami if you deal them

IRUAM #21
10-08-2009, 01:06 PM
lol

thephoenixson28
10-08-2009, 01:09 PM
That's not the point of this thread though. Hellcrooner is saying if it comes down to February, and Wade or Lebron have already stated they are NOT re-signing. In that case, they would lose them for nothing if they don't trade them. Oh I was just looking at the second post were he was saying if they don't sign them in feb. that they are just going to leave anyways but I get it now.

prodigy
10-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I just can't see lebron leaving. Just won't make since.

But if it happened. oden would have to be included in any trade with portland. Thats just a must.

sofargone
10-08-2009, 01:33 PM
i would never trade lebron or wade at this point of their careers...even if there is a 99% chance they wouldnt resign...

TheKing23
10-08-2009, 02:47 PM

One of the best offers from any team in the league... Hahaha.

A prospect in Bayless, and two solid role players (nothing more) in Fernandez and Outlaw... For the best player in the game who's gonna be at that level for the majority of the next decade. I would GUARANTEE if LeBron wasn't gonna re-sign, teams would be offering a lot better than that. He automatically turns any team into a contender, as is worth a lot more than that.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
dudes you dont really have an idea of how lopsided trades are when the player is an expiring contract that says that wont resing.

You should check what lakers got for Shaquille or Sixers got for Barkley.

Bob_at_york
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
but they don't lose them for nothing, don't they get cap space?

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
yes they get cap space, wich GOOD fa would sign with them if they lose lebron or wade? specially in ohio with a bad market.

MiamiHeat
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM
dudes you dont really have an idea of how lopsided trades are when the player is an expiring contract that says that wont resing.

You should check what lakers got for Shaquille or Sixers got for Barkley.
so you would trade brandon roy when he has an expiring contract and he is most likely not coming back for Chris Quinn and Joel Anthony?
:cool:

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:10 PM
roy has already signed his new contract

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
not to mention anthony and quinn wouldnt start anywhee in the league while Bayless, Rudy and outlow would start in 50% of the teams more or less.

nipo10847
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM

What do you do?.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!....can u plz stop making weired threads??????...u always make thread like gasol is better than kobe/jordan, milkan is better than shaq... etc etc....now u started dreaming about Lebron/Wade....wtf!!!!!!....GTFO!!!!....Any offer from portland for these two superstar has to start with Brandoy Roy+Oden+Aldrige. Only then, Heat and cavs will consider trading lebron and wade.

abe_froman
10-08-2009, 04:22 PM
you could get more/better,and you better get a kings ransom if your trading him or else you'll have legions of fans looking to kill you

BkOriginalOne
10-08-2009, 04:25 PM
First of all, for Wade or Lebron - I better be getting either 3 starters. OR 1 2nd team All star, a 6th man and their head coach.

nipo10847
10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
not to mention anthony and quinn wouldnt start anywhee in the league while Bayless, Rudy and outlow would start in 50% of the teams more or less.

Get ur *** off psd...please! u r getting annoying,,,****ing ******** ideas!!

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:28 PM
check what has happened before when a suprstar haws either demmanded a trade or was traded un the year they woud expire.
check :

Shaq lakers to heat

Carter raps to nets

Barkley sixers to suns

kareem bucks to lakers

wilt warriors to lakers

go check what they got and then come back and bark stupid nosenses please.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Get ur *** off psd...please! u r getting annoying,,,fukin ******** ideas!!

come back to me when you gorw up a bit and are mmm 12? years old

kyubi256
10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
100% it would NOT involve Brandon Roy because that would make no sense. Portland does not even know if they can keep Lebron James so why would they give away Brandon Roy?

But it will be a deal with Oden IMO...

It'd be Greg Oden, Jerryd Bayless, Rudy Fernandez, Outlaw, 2010 1st round pick, 2011 can swap pick, 2012 can swap pick

something like that for Lebron James and fillers (if contracts need to be adjusted)

You bring up the fact that the trades for superstars in their free agent years have been lopsided, but I just feelt hat your deal is too lopsided. I just feel that Oden will have to be included with a 1st round pick and an option to swap picks for 2 years. Even right here it is a little lopsided because Oden, Bayless, and Fernandez are not proven... and with Lebron the picks probably won't be good. But this is what it would take IMO

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
the will only give up oden if they are SURE he would bust

abe_froman
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM

i dont think you quite get just how big and important lebron is to cleveland.its not like barkley,but it would be more like when wayne gretzky was traded

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:40 PM
problem is they WOULD BE on a WEAK situation is either get some good youngsters to start the rebuilding and be competite in 2 or 3 seasons.

or let him walk for nothig,DONT HAVE ANY youngsters and NO ONE wanting to sign with you unless you OVERPAY fro a veteran like AI or a second tier player like BOOZER and begn a playoff drought of 5+ years-

for gofs sake Ariza didnt sign for cavs because he wqsnt assured lebron woudl stay.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
and lebron is about the same status wilt had when traded to lakers or kareem had when traded to lakers best player in the league

kyubi256
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM

what if he is the deal breaker to Lebron or no Lebron?

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Not to mention, when every NBA team hears that Lebron is on the block, I would 100% guarantee that there would be a much, much better offer out there than Bayless, Fernandez, and Outlaw.

The_Mac22
10-08-2009, 04:47 PM
lol.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM
listen there are 4 types of teams in the nba now

COntenders: that dont need lebron and woudlnt gut their teams to add lebron, because if lakers traded odom , pau and bynum for example with only lebron and kobe they WOLD NOT WIN this can be aplied to spurs or magic mmm maybe celtics woudl offer allen and pierce worn out.

****: they woudlnt resign with **** so no grizz, clips etc no matter what they woudl ofer they wont deal for a paleyra that woudl walk after the seasons.

TEAMS WITH CAP: like knicks or rockets or bulls those teams DONT NEED to offer anything because they have the CAP to offer for him without losing key pieces so their offers wodl be idiculous like aL HARRINGTON AND EDDY CURRY FOR LEBRON OR WAD :P

MiDDEL of the pack, like portland, denver or dallas:

tey WONT offer their best Two players because then they woudl NOT BE COMPETITIVE.

and they know heat or cavs are PRESSURZED to ake a trade or lose them for nothing so all they would offer would be low balls around wither youngetsrs expirings and picks or solid veterans on reaseonable contrcas.

like Terry and dampier and picks or Marion dampier and picks or Terry and Marion etc etc.

Believe me the best offers they coudl get woudl be from portlands youngsters in any kind of combination.

MackSnackWrap
10-08-2009, 04:49 PM
i wouldnt trade them for bench players, i would want an all start a high pick or another solid player

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:50 PM
bayless and rudy in the proper team with the proper minutes and touches CAN BECOME all stars

BALLER71
10-08-2009, 04:55 PM

No. You don't offer 3 young bench players for the 3rd best player in the NBA. Sorry, I know you're Spanish but Rudy Fernandez and Outlaw? LOL.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:56 PM
odom butler(who was more or less as muck known ans bayess, or rudy ) and worn out brian grant for shaq.

think bout it.

Bob_at_york
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
bayless and rudy in the proper team with the proper minutes and touches CAN BECOME all stars

I think this is where your logic is flawed and I think this is why people are disagreeing with you in here, they don't agree with this assertion. If they did then your Lebron trade could look fair but nobody agrees with you about those two players therefore they will not agree about the trade.

Bob_at_york
10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
odom butler(who was more or less as muck known ans bayess, or rudy ) and worn out brian grant for shaq.

think bout it.

Didn't Butler win rookie of the year or he was the runner-up or something?

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
nope

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 05:01 PM
listen there are 4 types of teams in the nba now

COntenders: that dont need lebron and woudlnt gut their teams to add lebron, because if lakers traded odom , pau and bynum for example with only lebron and kobe they WOLD NOT WIN this can be aplied to spurs or magic mmm maybe celtics woudl offer allen and pierce worn out.

****: they woudlnt resign with **** so no grizz, clips etc no matter what they woudl ofer they wont deal for a paleyra that woudl walk after the seasons.

TEAMS WITH CAP: like knicks or rockets or bulls those teams DONT NEED to offer anything because they have the CAP to offer for him without losing key pieces so their offers wodl be idiculous like aL HARRINGTON AND EDDY CURRY FOR LEBRON OR WAD :P

MiDDEL of the pack, like portland, denver or dallas:

tey WONT offer their best Two players because then they woudl NOT BE COMPETITIVE.

and they know heat or cavs are PRESSURZED to ake a trade or lose them for nothing so all they would offer would be low balls around wither youngetsrs expirings and picks or solid veterans on reaseonable contrcas.

like Terry and dampier and picks or Marion dampier and picks or Terry and Marion etc etc.

Believe me the best offers they coudl get woudl be from portlands youngsters in any kind of combination.

1st off man, spell check. Secondly, I think teams would be willing to offer more than you think, cap, not cap, **** teams, or contenders. THIS IS LEBRON you are talking about. If Portland came to Cleveland with that offer, I can guarantee you they would say 2 words back: **** OFF!!

They don't care what Wilt, Kareem, Barkley were traded for, Lebron is the NBA. He is the face of it, he will turn any team into money making machines.

And the teams with cap I bet you would still trade a lot to get him, because there is no guarantee he will sign with them. At least this way, he is on their roster, and you can have some time to work out an extension, and even possibly have the money to resign another player 1st, then re-sign lebron. No way does he go for 3 unproven guys who don't even average 30 minutes a game. Not to mention, those 3 guys stats, if you combine them probably equal Lebrons.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 05:01 PM
and rudy was in the rookie squad last season 2nd squad i think.

but thats not the thing.

the thing is historically whe you are in this situations , your top 5 players demmands a trade or is an expiring and wont resing you never get good offers.

they just offer you soe veteran expirings , or some solid role players or some youngstars and some picks or mixes of them but NEVER allstars.

Bob_at_york
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM
nope

No he wasn't, he was 3rd behind Amare and Yao. I think we can understand why he didn't win. Still he had some recognition right there.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM
1st off man, spell check. Secondly, I think teams would be willing to offer more than you think, cap, not cap, **** teams, or contenders. THIS IS LEBRON you are talking about. If Portland came to Cleveland with that offer, I can guarantee you they would say 2 words back: **** OFF!!

They don't care what Wilt, Kareem, Barkley were traded for, Lebron is the NBA. He is the face of it, he will turn any team into money making machines.

And the teams with cap I bet you would still trade a lot to get him, because there is no guarantee he will sign with them. At least this way, he is on their roster, and you can have some time to work out an extension, and even possibly have the money to resign another player 1st, then re-sign lebron. No way does he go for 3 unproven guys who don't even average 30 minutes a game. Not to mention, those 3 guys stats, if you combine them probably equal Lebrons.

lebron nis as much the NBAS face as wilt was in the 60s o kareem in the 70s.

and no people wont offer more.

When lakers had to trade sha q they had to take miamis offer with the youngsters because DALLAs WOULD NOT INCLUDE by any means Dirk and Sacramento WOULD NOT INCLUDE by any means Webber.

why? because they KNEW they didnt have to the pressure to trade was on LAKERS front not in theirs.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 05:05 PM
No he wasn't, he was 3rd behind Amare and Yao. I think we can understand why he didn't win. Still he had some recognition right there.

Plus i would take Caron Butler and Lamar Odom, at the age they were, any day Outlaw, Fernandez, and Bayless. Plus, Shaq was how old when that trade happened? And Lebron is how old now??

Bob_at_york
10-08-2009, 05:06 PM

When lakers had to trade sha q they had to take miamis offer with the youngsters because DALLAs WOULD NOT INCLUDE by any means Dirk and Sacramento WOULD NOT INCLUDE by any means Webber.

why? because they KNEW they didnt have to the pressure to trade was on LAKERS front not in theirs.

that didn't work out so well for Dallas or Sacramento did it?

Comparing to Wilt and Kareem is silly, it is a completely different economic world out there today.

Pierzynski4Prez

In the 60s, teams financial status's weren't quite up in the air like they are now. Plus there wasn't a cap to work with. I'm sure there are some owners who would take Lebron coming to their team due to all the revenue it will bring in over a championship, sad, but true.

Jonathan2323
i would rather take my chances and chances are Wade and LBJ stay with their teams next year.

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-08-2009, 05:09 PM
If we trade Wade, we have to get a star in return, same goes for LeBron. There's no way you trade your centerpiece of your franchise for young bench players.

So if they offer me that, ill spit in their face.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 05:10 PM
i extend my prediction, blazers will very probably make a move for one of this players in febryary:

leborn, wade, bosh, stoudamire, dirk.

and if they dont they will make a move next year for Paul or Dwight (inlcuiding oden in the pack)

with a similar ofer maybe add blake, or batum or webster or prizbilly (or oden if its a big)

thats a lock.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 05:14 PM
i extend my prediction, blazers will very probably make a move for one of this players in febryary:

leborn, wade, bosh, stoudamire, dirk.

and if they dont they will make a move next year for Paul or Dwight (inlcuiding oden in the pack)

with a similar ofer maybe add blake, or batum or webster or prizbilly (or oden if its a big)

thats a lock.

I agree that the Blazers definately have the pieces, and won't be able to afford giving them all extensions. But if they want to obtain any one of the players you mentioned, you better believe that Roy, Oden, or Aldridge are leaving town (It would take a lot still around Oden). These new guys you mention would only be involved as throw-ins for salary reasons.

Ethix11
10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I would hold off all my marbles until free agency in 2010. Stick to the plan. There is always the possibility that they resign. Of course trading them this season, getting a high lottery pick and having them sign back would be the perfect scenario. But we believe Wade is staying. Just because they dont extend by February means nothing. This is their first FA experience.

nbafan63
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!....can u plz stop making weired threads??????...u always make thread like gasol is better than kobe/jordan, milkan is better than shaq... etc etc....now u started dreaming about Lebron/Wade....wtf!!!!!!....GTFO!!!!....Any offer from portland for these two superstar has to start with Brandoy Roy+Oden+Aldrige. Only then, Heat and cavs will consider trading lebron and wade.

Are you ****ing that dumb?? Why would Portland trade 3 of their starters for a Wade or Lebron that has said they will go into Free Agency? I can see maybe Aldridge + Andre miller or something like that. You are insanely stupid.

D Roses Bulls
10-08-2009, 05:28 PM

no they really arnt. james is staying in his home town. why would you leave a place when you pretty much own the city. wade doesnt leave miami and im a bulls fan, but i know we wont get him. i say its a 80 percent chance he stays in miami. the heat will get someone to pair along side with wade and i dont know what the cavs will do but lebron isnt going anywhere.

nbafan63
10-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I think this is where your logic is flawed and I think this is why people are disagreeing with you in here, they don't agree with this assertion. If they did then your Lebron trade could look fair but nobody agrees with you about those two players therefore they will not agree about the trade.

>>> Um I agree with him. You are the idiot who thinks Miami and Cleveland is going to get another ALL Star play in Brandon Roy+ 2 starters for Lebron or Wade. Why would Portland do that? IF Wade or Lebron publicly states they are leaving. You can bet Miami and Cleveland will get low balled.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 05:41 PM
>>> Um I agree with him. You are the idiot who thinks Miami and Cleveland is going to get another ALL Star play in Brandon Roy+ 2 starters for Lebron or Wade. Why would Portland do that? IF Wade or Lebron publicly states they are leaving. You can bet Miami and Cleveland will get low balled.

Getting low balled doesn't mean they'd agree.

what54!?
10-08-2009, 05:49 PM
so miami or cleveland give up top 3 players for three bench players? Not even up and coming players. That package better include 3 or 4 first too, even then I wouldn't do it

kyubi256
10-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Again it would take a deal like the one I proposed...

Oden, Fernandez, 2010 1st rounder, 2011 first round swap, 2012 first round swap, and Bayless in order for the Cavs/Heats to answer the phone.

That way they have some pieces for the future and draft choices that they can use/benefit from

Becks2307
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
why yall hatin on hellcrooner this is a good thread.

Heres what you do, of course you trade lebron/wade if you know for sure they arent coming back.

If you are the Cavs/Heat you take this

You get 2 first round picks
1 very good player
2 role players/ young talent
1 exp contract

and you give the team your crappiest contract along with Lebron/Wade

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
dudes do youknow that there is a difference between Benh player and player that is on the bench?

Ill explain it in another way.

1979, Lakers pick magic johnson wich leads Norm Nixon to the bench.

well nixon was an allstar kind of player but yet sicne they got magic he had to go to the bench.

Doe sit make him a bench player? no it make shim a poayer that was on the bench,

Example Jermaine oneal was picked from high school and was not still ready so he was in teh bech for portland.

Does it make him a bench player? no he was a player that was in te bench

NO HE later matured into an all star.

Rudy fernandez is on the bench because well he plays the same position than this guy uuuu i dont remember his name....uhhhhh BRANDON ****ING ROY!!!!!!!!!

Bayless is on the bench because he still is TOO RAW.

Wich does not make them bench players, they are players that are on the bench.

If bayles had benn drafted by a difernet team with no aspiratios lastyear he woudl be a starter and be flashy like westbrook.

If rudy had benn taken on a diferent team h woudl be starting.

Both of them have a good chance to become all star..... if they scape portland

ManRam
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
There is absolutely NO CHANCE LeBron gets traded this deadline. The Cavs will be in legit championship contention. They'll have one of, if not the best record in the East. One championship is better than none. If LeBron does leave, they'll have the worst record in the league the next season, and then hello Harrison Barnes/John Henson. That trade wont ever bring a championship to Cleveland anyways.

I don't see Wade being traded either.

In fact, I'd put a lot of money on both staying with their teams after next season.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I'd offer Bosh, and Calderon for Lebron or Wade.

This is the STUPIDEST THREAD I've seen in a while.

b_rad23
10-08-2009, 09:19 PM

think bout it.

No, you think about it.

Butler was a top 2 or 3 rookie and a sure star. Odom was still prime or younger 20 ppg player. Brian Grant was a cap filler. Plus picks.

Show me where you're offering a 20 ppg scorer and a top 2 or 3 rookie sure thing/star.

I see you offering 2 guys who scored in the low teens and another project who hasn't proven ****.

b_rad23
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
why yall hatin on hellcrooner this is a good thread.

Heres what you do, of course you trade lebron/wade if you know for sure they arent coming back.

If you are the Cavs/Heat you take this

You get 2 first round picks
1 very good player
2 role players/ young talent
1 exp contract

and you give the team your crappiest contract along with Lebron/Wade

A couple problems here. The Heat have no crappy contracts, they've got team options on every single player.

The first rounders will be essentially 2nd rounders since you'll be getting them from a team with 2 top 10 players, a top 50 player and a ton of solid role players.

So you'd get basically 5 bench players, at least 2 of which will pretty much assuredly bust for the best player in the game.

You NEED to have a surefire star coming back if you trade your franchise guy in his prime. Absolutely NEED to.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
those who value players by stats dont deser ve even the effort to answer them blind stupdity

Pierzynski4Prez
10-08-2009, 10:08 PM
those who value players by stats dont deser ve even the effort to answer them blind stupdity

Dude, you are the ones putting Fernandez and Bayless on a pedestal thinking they are the next Kobe and Magic Johnson or something. Every team has young talent that they think will blossom into the next best thing. Doesn't mean you trade the best player in the game in his prime for that. Hell, I think Joakim Noah is the **** and is going to turn into a stud center. Same with James Johnson, the bulls rookie. Does that mean they are going to become studs? Because they could maybe start on a few other teams?

You talk about blind stupidity, but your homerism is creating your blind stupidity. Once again, you are saying the Cavs would give up Lebron, for Rudy Fernandez, Bayless, and Outlaw. Ridiculous. Why is it that you are 1 vs. every single poster in this thread that you started. I don't think 1 person has agreed with you, and most have laughed and insulted your idea.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 10:15 PM
1 im a laker fan so i cant be homer for balzers players and i dislike bayless wich you can discover if you visit balzers forum.

no they are nto magic and jordan but can perfectly be the next Arenas and Manu Ginobili

Becks2307
10-08-2009, 10:30 PM
A couple problems here. The Heat have no crappy contracts, they've got team options on every single player.

The first rounders will be essentially 2nd rounders since you'll be getting them from a team with 2 top 10 players, a top 50 player and a ton of solid role players.

So you'd get basically 5 bench players, at least 2 of which will pretty much assuredly bust for the best player in the game.

You NEED to have a surefire star coming back if you trade your franchise guy in his prime. Absolutely NEED to.

damn you are right the heat have NO bad contracts at all. Everything is expiring next year...

how much cap space are yall supposed to have ?
you guys look way better than the knicks

kswissdaf
10-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Where did you get that idea that they are leaving. So let me get this straight you would trade a top 3 player in the nba for an unproven PG.. outlaw who is a bench player and i think u said rudy another bench player. Neither has said there not singing so i dont know where you got that idea from. in fact at least to d wade all signs point toward him signing back. So all in all ur just a dumb portland fan trying to justify a ******** trade

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 10:35 PM
do you know how to read

i said what IF februrary comes and they ........

do you know the difference beteen IF and WHEN?

for gods sake english is not my first language and i can understand that

kswissdaf
10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
do you know how to read

i said what IF februrary comes and they ........

do you know the difference beteen IF and WHEN?

for gods sake english is not my first language and i can understand that

Stop coming up with new points to save yourself from looking like an idiot cause you already do and plz this ***** elementary saying i dont know english cause im college . Whats the point of this thread is its an 'IF" thread. No players going to come and say flat out im leaving next year just like no player will say he is staying. BTW dont try and make fun of me for a point you never brought up until now. Theres a reason NOBODY agrees with you cause ur wrong

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
time will tell.

but dont be surprised if one of the big names (lebron, wade, stoudamire, bosh, dirk) gets traded for a bag of peanuts in february.

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 10:53 PM
and i mean a real bag of peanuts one that would make kwame, crittenton and mar gasol look like a superb trade for pau.

GodsSon
10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
If we trade Wade, we have to get a star in return, same goes for LeBron. There's no way you trade your centerpiece of your franchise for young bench players.

So if they offer me that, ill spit in their face.

Really? so why do Heat fans come on here and constantly want to acquire Bosh for ****** contracts and an unproven Beasley (who came off the bench)?...with that said, this is a very good thread despite what many of you are saying, and if its certain Lebron or Wade are leaving in FA you have to trade them; look at it this way, would you rather get something for them or nothing? Portland has the pieces to make a big trade like that, but it would cost them one of Aldridge or Oden

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
i think they only woudl deal one of them in a trade for Bosh or Stoudamire.

But since pryzbila is decent i can see them including Oden in a lebron or wade trade.

but then they would not give both rudy and bayless they would only give up one of them and changethe other for Blake or webster

b_rad23
10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Really? so why do Heat fans come on here and constantly want to acquire Bosh for ****** contracts and an unproven Beasley (who came off the bench)?...with that said, this is a very good thread despite what many of you are saying, and if its certain Lebron or Wade are leaving in FA you have to trade them; look at it this way, would you rather get something for them or nothing? Portland has the pieces to make a big trade like that, but it would cost them one of Aldridge or Oden

Bosh is no wade and Beasley is much better than any of the players mentioned.

And to make another point on the subject, you're not going to get them without overpaying. If you think they're going to give up the rights to the best player in the league for a couple of bench players just because they may not be able to re-sign him, then you're just not very smart.

You can say "they're not going to give so and so up", it doesn't matter. They can be as stubborn as they want, but you're not getting a top 3 player without giving up a main piece of your team and more. It just doesn't work like that. You probably won't even get a top 30 piece for that mediocre package.

JNA17
10-08-2009, 11:25 PM
if that was the offer i would spit, shoot, and run over their faces

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
^as i said before, learn some history and read bout Kareems, wilts or Barkleys trades.

You know what is funny?

83 posts and NO ONE has brought up the REAL FLAW in my logic wich im 100% aware of.

GodsSon
10-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Bosh is no wade and Beasley is much better than any of the players mentioned.

And to make another point on the subject, you're not going to get them without overpaying. If you think they're going to give up the rights to the best player in the league for a couple of bench players just because they may not be able to re-sign him, then you're just not very smart.

You can say "they're not going to give so and so up", it doesn't matter. They can be as stubborn as they want, but you're not getting a top 3 player without giving up a main piece of your team and more. It just doesn't work like that. You probably won't even get a top 30 piece for that mediocre package.

Bosh can net a package worth way more then Beasley, yet Heat and Bulls fans think they can get him for trash...anyway, how stupid would Riley and the Heat look if Wade told them he was leaving next summer and they decided to not ship him out for a pretty good package, only to have him walk out the door? the main thing you're forgetting here is that the team they would get traded to would still have to re-sign them anyway in the off-season, which isnt guaranteed they would stay...so im pretty sure you'd be seeing a lot of offers you wouldnt like across the board...i'll suggest one now, which looks pretty good to me; Calderon, Bargs and a 1st for Wade

Hellcrooner
10-08-2009, 11:32 PM
when a player is traded ou are alowed to resing him inmediately.

NO ONE would give up anything for lebon or wade ( or bosh, or dirk, or whoever) unless the player accepts first to resign with the trade).

GodsSon
10-08-2009, 11:33 PM
^ well thats the risk factor involved in making a deal of that magnitude...which is exactly why teams would never get fair value for either of those players

heyman321
10-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I read the first post and I LAUGHED. LOL.

PORTLAND'S TRASH FOR LEBRON OR WADE? this is the funniest thing I've read all week.

kyubi256
10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
It's funny because I am making a logical statement but it is constantly overlooked... Rudy Fernandez is not garbage... and Jerry Bayless has a lot of talent, I know that.

But even with that you are not giving enough for Lebron or Wade.

Since they are in their contract years, it is impossible to get equal talent for them... But this is still too little. You must add an Aldridge/Oden in the deal with Bayless and Fernandez. That is just a necessity...

I say this because it is so easy to top a deal that includes Bayless + Fernandez. Heck if the Knicks were to give Wilson Chandler + David Lee + Nate Robinson + 1st rounder... that in itself would already top Bayless + Fernandez. You are just not giving up enough...

See Godssen deal is a legit deal for Wade... Calderon + Bargs + 1st is a legit offer for Dwane Wade. In this deal you get a more more potent PG and a much more potent forward than Bayless and Fernandez.

Calderon >>> Bayless right now... and his stats show that. He looks like a rising player, Bayless has not gotten to that point yet

Bargs >> Fernandez = He has shown that he can actually succeed as a starter. You don't need to speculate here, you know it as a fact

Hustla23
10-08-2009, 11:55 PM
when a player is traded ou are alowed to resing him inmediately.

NO ONE would give up anything for lebon or wade ( or bosh, or dirk, or whoever) unless the player accepts first to resign with the trade).
Right.

Wade or Lebron or whoever would have to want to go to Portland in the first place in order for Portland to make an offer like that.

Blake, Outlaw, Bayless, and Fernandez seems like an alright offer to me if I was a team who knew for a fact that my star player was not resigning.

If it ever comes down to losing a star player to free agency, a team that currently holds the star player should look to trade him for expirings, cheap young studs, and first round picks before the deadline.

Unfortunately, most players aren't stupid enough to tell the whole world who they'll sign with before they actually do.

So, in most cases you won't see superstar players being traded before free agency.

In the case of a sign and trade, a team signs the player, then trades him immediately to another team for whatever assets they can get

(i.e. Garnett for Jefferson + junk, etc )

Ethix11
10-09-2009, 12:14 AM
damn you are right the heat have NO bad contracts at all. Everything is expiring next year...

how much cap space are yall supposed to have ?
you guys look way better than the knicks

The HEAT have no contracts extending past this season. They have a team option on Mike Beasley for like 5 million which they´re surely going to pick up, and the only player option we have is Wade which we hope he would pick up. Even if he doesnt, the HEAT have soo much cap space available next offseason, that with Beasley at such a low price, they can build a championship contender like Boston did only that this is the best Free Agency in NBA history. Im sure Wade likes the sound of that. So we have virtually all the maximum amount of cap space to play around with next summer to build a team. Our owner being the 2nd richest, has no problem going over if necessary. Afterall, this is what we have sacrificed for. A potential dynasty.

Kevj77
10-09-2009, 12:15 AM
This happens in baseball all the time. Stars on losing teams are traded because they know they won't resign instead becoming free agents. So they are traded for salary relief and prospects, but I can't see it happening in the NBA. The Cavs are legit contenders even if Lebron tells them he will walk for nothing they will keep him and go for a ring. The Heat are a different story I doubt they will contend in the east. Still the odds of Wade leaving seem small to me. He won't leave Miami to go to another team unless it gives him a better shot at another ring. The teams that have enough cap space probably won't be in a situation to be better than the Cavs or Heat.

Maybe the Knicks could get Lebron or Wade if the cap space works out so that they can sign Bosh as well. That was their original plan to clear enough cap space for two max contracts in 2010, but they might get screwed by the economy. They were counting on the salary cap going up by a few million per year like it had been, but now its going down so they probably can't extend two max level contracts. However if they make enough space to get Bosh and Lebron or Wade one of these players will be on the move to the Garden and his team won't get jack in return.

kyubi256
10-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Blake, Outlaw, Bayless, and Fernandez seems like an alright offer to me if I was a team who knew for a fact that my star player was not resigning.

Still... it is a decent offer that can easily be topped...

And the KG deal wasn't really junk added

Boston gets:
Kevin Garnett

T-Wolves get:
Al Jefferson
Ryan Gomes
Sebastian Telfair
Gerald Green
Theo Ratliff
cash considerations
Boston's 2009 first-round draft pick (top 3 protected)
Minnesota's 2009 first-round pick (Traded to Boston in Wally-Davis deal in 2006)

So at the time the T-Wolves got in return:
1. Al Jefferson: 16 PPG 11 Rebounds per game player, Young and very potent
2. Ryan Gomes: 12 PPG, 6 RPG, 2 APG, he showed improvement + promise
3. Sebastian Telfair: 13th overall pick, lost favor but "loads" of talent [throw in]
4. Gerald Green: 18th overall pick, very young, showed promise, great talent (with dunks), and averaged 10.1 PPG
5. Theo Ratliff: Salary Relief for next year
6. 2 first round picks in 2009

They were given A LOT at the time for KG, it was not Jefferson + Scrubs.

Gomes, Telfair, and Green all were promising players and they also got 2 draft picks for the 2009 draft.

Sure Telfair and Green did not work out and both have been dealt, but at this time it was a great deal for the T-Wolves.

{DIRECTED TOWARDS OP}

This was similar/equal value to KG but Boston was guaranteed to have him signed (because it was sign and trade)... Lebron James or Dwyane Wade definitely will not get this much talent in return in your possibility because it isn't a certainty that they would resign.

But as you see here... If they were to be dealt and were supposed to agree to signing an extension with the new team, it will take a package similar to this to get them...

In your package there is no Jefferson added and a lot of these other pieces are missing, and Bayless + Outlaw + picks does not make up for these missing pieces. That is what we keep telling you, Lamarcus Aldridge or Greg Oden must be added to the deal... or else it is too lopsided to do

Mavrix
10-09-2009, 02:49 AM
That's ridiculous. Dallas would offer them Josh Howard (11 mil expiring), Jason Terry, and JJ Barea for Lebron

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 03:42 AM
>>> Um I agree with him. You are the idiot who thinks Miami and Cleveland is going to get another ALL Star play in Brandon Roy+ 2 starters for Lebron or Wade. Why would Portland do that? IF Wade or Lebron publicly states they are leaving. You can bet Miami and Cleveland will get low balled. Its a bidding war no one is getting lebron for that cheap unless your the lakers(pau gasol) there is plenty other teams that can give more then aldridge and andre miller heck I would give up j-rich,barbosa,dudley and a pick for lebron james or wade. There is a lot more teams that would give up more than what portland would give up.

PHX2daDEATH
10-09-2009, 03:54 AM
I think I asked this question about a month ago..Whether or not you could get equal value for Lebron...and whether Cleveland would even think about trading him rather than losing him for nothing..The answer is this... The only player you get equal value for Lebron is Kobe..or even Wade for Lebron would be an ALMOST fair trade.

I'm a SUNS fan.. and I tell you right now I would trade Amare and Nash for Lebron.. No questions asked! but for wade.. Maybe not.. But that aint happening.. Cleveland will not trade James even if he's holding them at Gun-point come february..and what team is going to take a risk of giving up half their team...only to watch LeBron walk away and Sign with NY or NJ.. Portland is very high on Roy and Aldridge.. they wouldnt even trade L.A for Stoudemire..

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Bosh can net a package worth way more then Beasley, yet Heat and Bulls fans think they can get him for trash...anyway, how stupid would Riley and the Heat look if Wade told them he was leaving next summer and they decided to not ship him out for a pretty good package, only to have him walk out the door? the main thing you're forgetting here is that the team they would get traded to would still have to re-sign them anyway in the off-season, which isnt guaranteed they would stay...so im pretty sure you'd be seeing a lot of offers you wouldnt like across the board...i'll suggest one now, which looks pretty good to me; Calderon, Bargs and a 1st for Wade This is a what "IF" thread so its pointless mine as well trade lebron and wade now cuz they havnt signed a contract extension.

robdizzle3
10-09-2009, 03:57 AM
I really can see Wade not being a Heat, because I just dont see how Riley can make them a winner in time. If Wade is gonna lose, why not go to the team you always wanted to play for? I see Wade trying to go to Chicago. The Cavs are gonna ride it out with Lebron, because they have a legitimate shot at winning a title and they can offer Lebron the most money.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Its a bidding war no one is getting lebron for that cheap unless your the lakers(pau gasol) there is plenty other teams that can give more then aldridge and andre miller heck I would give up j-rich,barbosa,dudley and a pick for lebron james or wade. There is a lot more teams that would give up more than what portland would give up.

you talk about not being able to get Lebron cheap, then you go and mention up a even worse offer yourself.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-09-2009, 10:35 AM
you also have to factor in that whatever team Lebron is on at the end of the season can offer the most amount of money out of everybody, so that still keeps his value high, even though his contract is expiring.

Hellcrooner
10-09-2009, 10:46 AM
you are al forgettin that in the moment you get traded you can sign an extension.

SO basically a tema woul only trade for lebron on the condition tha the resigns when the trasde is made.

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 10:54 AM
you talk about not being able to get Lebron cheap, then you go and mention up a even worse offer yourself. j-rich,Barbosa,Dudley and a pick is better than fernandez,outlaw,and oden its even better than aldridge and miller.

Sox Appeal
10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
j-rich,Barbosa,Dudley and a pick is better than fernandez,outlaw,and oden its even better than aldridge and miller.

Since we're all throwing out these pathetic, one-sided trades for LeBron, I figured I'd join in.

Rose, Deng, Tyrus Thomas, #1 for LeBron. That's the best offer I've seen anyone come up with, and the Cavs would still laugh in the Bulls face.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
j-rich,Barbosa,Dudley and a pick is better than fernandez,outlaw,and oden its even better than aldridge and miller.

J-Rich is as good as he will ever get, Barbosa is decent, but likely not getting much better than what he currently is and will never be a top player, and Dudley is too early to say he will be anything more than a role player. He will improve with shaq gone, but how far? Still about half of what it would take to get Lebron.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-09-2009, 11:11 AM
you are al forgettin that in the moment you get traded you can sign an extension.

SO basically a tema woul only trade for lebron on the condition tha the resigns when the trasde is made.

So doesn't that kind of eliminate your theory of the Cavs getting nothing for him?

Sox Appeal
10-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Still about half of what it would take to get Lebron.

It's not even close to half. That offer couldn't fetch you Rajon Rondo, let alone LeBron James.

b_rad23
10-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Bosh can net a package worth way more then Beasley, yet Heat and Bulls fans think they can get him for trash...anyway, how stupid would Riley and the Heat look if Wade told them he was leaving next summer and they decided to not ship him out for a pretty good package, only to have him walk out the door? the main thing you're forgetting here is that the team they would get traded to would still have to re-sign them anyway in the off-season, which isnt guaranteed they would stay...so im pretty sure you'd be seeing a lot of offers you wouldnt like across the board...i'll suggest one now, which looks pretty good to me; Calderon, Bargs and a 1st for Wade

Why in the world would a team trade the best player in the world for a late first, an average PG and a below average PF?

Not a good offer.

Also, what kind of superstar, who wants his money and marketibility to stay up, would let it be known that he won't re-sign?? You can speculate all you want, but which of these players would be willing to play out a season in front of an alienated fan base and become hated?

So doesn't that kind of eliminate your theory of the Cavs getting nothing for him?

True.

It's not even close to half. That offer couldn't fetch you Rajon Rondo, let alone LeBron James.

Exactly.

KnicksorBust
10-09-2009, 11:23 AM
When has a top 3 seed ever traded their best player in February? :crazy:

GodsSon
10-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Why in the world would a team trade the best player in the world for a late first, an average PG and a below average PF?

Not a good offer.

Also, what kind of superstar, who wants his money and marketibility to stay up, would let it be known that he won't re-sign?? You can speculate all you want, but which of these players would be willing to play out a season in front of an alienated fan base and become hated?

Are you referring to Wade as the best player in the world? cause i can think of at least 2 guys better than him...anyway, how is that not a good offer when you get 2 starters that would instantly start on that Heat squad, 1 of which has 20 ppg potential (Bargs); my entire point is lowball offers would be across the board because trading for a guy who could leave in the summer is a potential risk you face; and its happened before...hence my main point, is it better to get a good package for the player or allow him to leave for nothing?

VRP723
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM

And you forget that the Cavs/Heat know that they are trading these stars to teams that are going to try to lock them up, which is why they won't take a lowball offer

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
J-Rich is as good as he will ever get, Barbosa is decent, but likely not getting much better than what he currently is and will never be a top player, and Dudley is too early to say he will be anything more than a role player. He will improve with shaq gone, but how far? Still about half of what it would take to get Lebron. I'm just saying if your going to low ball someone that deal I made is a lot better than the portland deal.

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Since we're all throwing out these pathetic, one-sided trades for LeBron, I figured I'd join in.

Rose, Deng, Tyrus Thomas, #1 for LeBron. That's the best offer I've seen anyone come up with, and the Cavs would still laugh in the Bulls face. It is the best trade if I was cleveland I would do it
Pg.Mo
Sg.Rose
Sf. Deng
Pf.Tyrus Thomas/Verajo
C. Shaq
That's if cleveland knows lebron is leaving

Ethix11
10-09-2009, 11:57 AM
...hence my main point, is it better to get a good package for the player or allow him to leave for nothing?

where´s the option where he signs a new contract with his current team? :rolleyes:
Look, nothing against the Bulls, i think they´re talented and they´re one of my favorite teams, but do you think Wade would leave Miami in 2010 for a Bulls squad as is, when if he chooses to stay with the fan base he has now, would be looking forward to THE team with the most salary cap space in the league!? One of the few that can sign 2 max contracts!!You could construct a better team than the Bulls next offseason so why would he leave that to go to his old home which he visits every offseason?
As for Lebron, same situation but just reversed. Hes on a team like the Bulls which is already his hometown, and hes the only great player on his team. Would he stay home and grind it out like he has every season, or would he go to a team that can build a contender from scratch? Yes, the Bulls have Rose, but the Heat have Beasley. Cleveland has no future because this is as good as theyre ever going to be...even if Lebron stays they´ll only make tweaks because they´re already over the cap. Looks like hes got alot of hustling to do in Cleveland if he wants to win a ring whereas San Antonio, Boston, Orlando, and LA all have excellent supporting casts and dont have to work as hard to be successful. But he has an obligation to the Cavs this season. ..Just think about that.

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
It's not even close to half. That offer couldn't fetch you Rajon Rondo, let alone LeBron James. I don't know if your overating rondo or underating barbosa,jrich, and dudley either way your wrong jrich is a 18 to 20 ppg, barbosa as a starter easily a 20+ppg player, and dudley is going to be really good so what's the problem.

Sox Appeal
10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
jrich is a 18 to 20 ppg

Given his age, contract, and overall abilities, he has little to no trade value.

barbosa as a starter easily a 20+ppg player

He wouldn't come anywhere close to 20 PPG, in the Cavs offensive system. I mean, if he can't crack 15 per game, on one of the more up-temp teams in the league, how is he going to pull it off, on the leagues slowest paced team?

dudley is going to be really good so what's the problem.

I guess this depends on your definition of "really good". My definition of really good, is someone who's an all-star caliber player, yours apparently is someone who's a below average player. We all see things in different ways, I guess.

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Given his age, contract, and overall abilities, he has little to no trade value.

He wouldn't come anywhere close to 20 PPG, in the Cavs offensive system. I mean, if he can't crack 15 per game, on one of the more up-temp teams in the league, how is he going to pull it off, on the leagues slowest paced team?

I guess this depends on your definition of "really good". My definition of really good, is someone who's an all-star caliber player, yours apparently is someone who's a below average player. We all see things in different ways, I guess. J-rich trade value went down cuz last year. He was the 4th option behind nash,stoudemire,shaq, and even hill and still put up 18 ppg. Barbosa as a starter would put up 20 ppg IMO whatever system he plays in. Dudley is going to be a 15 ppg player I would put him up with the shane battie type players maybe even better. We can agree to disagree.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-09-2009, 12:30 PM
where´s the option where he signs a new contract with his current team? :rolleyes:
Look, nothing against the Bulls, i think they´re talented and they´re one of my favorite teams, but do you think Wade would leave Miami in 2010 for a Bulls squad as is, when if he chooses to stay with the fan base he has now, would be looking forward to THE team with the most salary cap space in the league!? One of the few that can sign 2 max contracts!!You could construct a better team than the Bulls next offseason so why would he leave that to go to his old home which he visits every offseason?
As for Lebron, same situation but just reversed. Hes on a team like the Bulls which is already his hometown, and hes the only great player on his team. Would he stay home and grind it out like he has every season, or would he go to a team that can build a contender from scratch? Yes, the Bulls have Rose, but the Heat have Beasley. Cleveland has no future because this is as good as theyre ever going to be...even if Lebron stays they´ll only make tweaks because they´re already over the cap. Looks like hes got alot of hustling to do in Cleveland if he wants to win a ring whereas San Antonio, Boston, Orlando, and LA all have excellent supporting casts and dont have to work as hard to be successful. But he has an obligation to the Cavs this season. ..Just think about that.

Just a few things I don't agree with. So you're saying that the Heat could go to FA, and build a better team than Rose, Deng, Hinrich, T. Thomas, Salmons, Noah, Hinrich, B. Miller, James Johnson? Unless LBJ or Bosh sign with the heat, which is more of a no than a yes, you think what's left will be better? Adding Wade to the current Bulls team is a million times better than having him stay in Miami, and watching them overpay for aging players because all the stars re-signed.

Also, don't even compare Beasley with Rose. What did Beasley show last year besides being inconsistent, having a drug problem, and having serious mental problems?

kyubi256
10-09-2009, 12:32 PM

if the deals comes where he MUST sign an extension... then the whole game changes... The Cavs will get a lot more than what we all have been proposing because the other team knows that they will keep Lebron...

In that case it will probably take Roy in the deal with Oden to get Lebron.

Sox Appeal
10-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Barbosa as a starter would put up 20 ppg IMO whatever system he plays in.

Yeah, I don't think so. He's already played over 30 minutes per, two different times in his career, neither time did he average 20 per game. And that's when he was playing in D'Antoni's up-tempo system.

Dudley is going to be a 15 ppg player

Your or I could average 15 PPG if we got enough shots to do so. Unless Dudley was given 30+ attempts per game, he wouldn't come anywhere close to 15 per. He's already been in the league a few years, and he's done nothing to disprove, that he's a mediocre basketball player, and he'll be a career bench-warmer.

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I don't think so. He's already played over 30 minutes per, two different times in his career, neither time did he average 20 per game. And that's when he was playing in D'Antoni's up-tempo system.

Your or I could average 15 PPG if we got enough shots to do so. Unless Dudley was given 30+ attempts per game, he wouldn't come anywhere close to 15 per. He's already been in the league a few years, and he's done nothing to disprove, that he's a mediocre basketball player, and he'll be a career bench-warmer. Barbosa was never a starter though. Dudley was averaging 16 ppg under gentry

Sox Appeal
10-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Barbosa was never a starter though.

It doesn't matter if he was a starter or not. He stilled played starters minutes, in the most offensive friendly system in the league. And yet, he still never averaged 20 PPG or more in a season.

Dudley was averaging 16 ppg under gentry

Not even close. In fact, Dudley only scored 15 or more points TWICE last season. Don't believe me? Check out his game log. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=3201)

thephoenixson28
10-09-2009, 12:59 PM
It doesn't matter if he was a starter or not. He stilled played starters minutes, in the most offensive friendly system in the league. And yet, he still never averaged 20 PPG or more in a season.

Not even close. In fact, Dudley only scored 15 or more points TWICE last season. Don't believe me? Check out his game log. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=3201) Your right but all I said was my deal was better than portlands

GiantMetKnick
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
No way! If there is any chance at all of resigning them, you keep them.

Also, they would likely still be in contention to win the championship - no way I give up that chance... even if its only for a year.

HiphopRelated
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
no, you let them walk in FA.

You cannot defend a trade to the fanbase. It's not like the they're 34.

bal_ravens
10-09-2009, 02:02 PM
If I were Portland, id say no. Giving up first round picks and quality players for a few month-rental? Unless they signed a contract extension right after the trade, it would be pointless.

Becks2307
10-10-2009, 04:57 AM
no, you let them walk in FA.

You cannot defend a trade to the fanbase. It's not like the they're 34.

true. You have to save face..you cant do it...even though it makes complete sense. This must happen in NBA 2k10..i wonder what ppl do there ?

Tblaze
10-10-2009, 06:15 AM
It wouldn't happen, the one thing that cleveland could do to improve it's chances of re-signing lebron greatly.. is win a championship. Now if all goes to plan they'll be up there with the best in february and will for sure not spoil their (possibly) last opportunity at a championship for a while.

With Wade, I don't know. I don't think Miami would let go of him till the very end. But I do see him leaving in free agency..

Also lol @ the dumb comments in this topic, there's hardly any that bothered to really think about this situation and just throw comments like THAT"S NOT ENOUGH FOR LEBRONHWR(HR(#@YR#@HUWF out there. It's actually a decent thread, but I don't see it happen.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-10-2009, 06:32 AM
hahahahahahaha its funnny how people dont even give the season a chance to start they just jump straight to the offseason. smh.

Hustla23
10-10-2009, 03:08 PM

Yes, but there's no way you can fit in some kind of "guarantee that the player will resign" clause into a trade.

Lebron can just as easily just sign with someone else after the free agency signing period opens.

This is why superstars aren't traded before the deadline.

They are sign and traded away.

_KB24_
10-10-2009, 05:27 PM
The smart basketball move would be be to trade them unless you have some confidence of them returning.
Other than that, hell ****ING no would you trade 2 of the bets players in the world for bench crap. As a GM, would you honestly want to be known as the guy who traded a "Lebron James or Dwayne Wade"? I would do my best to re-sign them or at the very least do a sign-n-trade but to trade them would be ridiculous.

JayW_1023
10-11-2009, 01:12 AM
The Heat won't go anywhere this season...it's clear Riley is fed up rebuilding yet again. I feel sorry for Wade to have to put up with such an inept supporting cast three years in a row.

What's worse is that the Heat have insufficient pieces to get Wade some legitimate help...unless they somehow pull a Lakers and get a Gasol-caliber player for peanuts. Something tells me they won't.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to go after S-Jax...sure Jackson is a knucklehead...but he'll give Wade much needed scoring help. It's their best bet to make some noise.

RaptorsB-Ball90
10-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Would keep them... and try to sign and trade them in the off-season.

HouRealCoach
10-11-2009, 10:41 AM
That is not enough

Ironman5219
10-11-2009, 11:06 AM
make a trade with the jazz and take Boozer off our hands

RaptorizedKevin
10-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Idiot. the cavs arent trading Lebron. they are at least pushing for the championship and then from there try to retain lebron. they got shaq here to help lebron win a championship. they didnt bring shaq to come and deal lebron away. so re think that

mrblisterdundee
10-11-2009, 03:09 PM
If I were Portland's GM, I'd be willing to offer up Brandon Roy in that deal, but take out Rudy Fernandez. Cleveland would get some talented small forwards, the third best shooting and a secure future (Brandon Roy has a long contract just under his belt). Portland would be fine with LeBron at small forward and Rudy starting at shooting guard.