PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Think the Blazers Will be the #2 Seed?

ChiSox219
10-08-2009, 04:08 AM
John Hollinger believes so.

As do I.

They had a great second half last season, Oden is looking healthy and is moving very well. Andre Miller comes in as a veteran PG who has to be starting as some point. Brandon Roy is one of the best 2 guards in the league and should only get better. Having a big like LMA who can hit the jumper and spread the floor helps a lot when you have Oden who will live near the basket.

jimbobjarree
10-08-2009, 04:19 AM
no

ZebraCity916
10-08-2009, 04:24 AM
I don't know about that. The Spurs and the Nuggets are gonna have something to say about that one.

DenButsu
10-08-2009, 04:28 AM
They were damn close last time around. It's still my belief/hope that the Nuggets will win the NW again, which if true would pretty much negate the possibility of the Blazers being the 2 seed unless the Lakers somehow managed to really underperform.

The_Mac22
10-08-2009, 04:41 AM
They're good, but idk about the #2 seed.

jimbobjarree
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
If its like 2 years ago when it was really tight and the Hornets of all people got second seed its possible, I still think a fully healthy Jazz and Nuggets are better than them in their own division let alone conference.

SpeeMN
10-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Oden would have to play like a former number one pick....... and he won't be doing that any time soon.

kobebabe
10-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Ask the Nuggets and the spurs what they think about this thread.

Ace33Bone
10-08-2009, 09:41 AM
I think that the WC will play out like this as far as seeds

1. LAkers
2. Spurs
3. Mavs
4. Nuggets
5. Portland

JayW_1023
10-08-2009, 09:52 AM
They could go as high as third...the Lakers and Spurs probably have the best squads...but Portland will have the chemistry edge over Dallas...and Denver has lost some significant depth this season.

So I'd say The Blazers can get as high as the third seed if things click according to plan.

Ace33Bone
10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
They could go as high as third...the Lakers and Spurs probably have the best squads...but Portland will have the chemistry edge over Dallas...and Denver has lost some significant depth this season.

So I'd say The Blazers can get as high as the third seed if things click according to plan.

I dont really think that Dallas will have a hard time with chemistry this year... With jason kidd running the PG he is usually able to make sure that all of his players are on the same page and getting the touches they deserve... and portland has just got Andre Miller who has proven that he can run a team but he also has had some years where he looked for his own shot a bit too much... But i do agree with the Nuggets comment they may have lost a bit too much this off season

JayW_1023
10-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I dont really think that Dallas will have a hard time with chemistry this year... With jason kidd running the PG he is usually able to make sure that all of his players are on the same page and getting the touches they deserve... and portland has just got Andre Miller who has proven that he can run a team but he also has had some years where he looked for his own shot a bit too much... But i do agree with the Nuggets comment they may have lost a bit too much this off season

Dallas has alot of new guys to integrate...Marion has to shift to a forward spot, Howard to a guard spot. And Drew Gooden also needs minutes as a big alongside Dirk and Dampier. Marion is most effective as a four as well, so it'll be quite a challenge for Carlisle to find a consistent rotation.

And I haven't even bothered mention how Terry, Barea and Quiton Ross will get minutes at the guard spots. With so many new guys chemistry will take awhile regardless of the talent assembled.

Meanwhile, Portlands team stayed pretty much intact apart from the Miller signing. They won't have nearly as much problems finding minutes for their guys.

olrales
10-08-2009, 10:02 AM

1. LAkers
2. Spurs
3. Mavs
4. Nuggets
5. Portland

Are you serious man?!? Man you've got to explain me how the ******* Mavs can be 3rd seed...I'm a Portland fan and I'm not so sure about the 3rd seed caus' like you, I think LA and SA will be 1 and 2, but the 3rd seed will be between Portland and Denver...Portland will finish 3 or 4...last year, they finished 5th but they came really near to be 4...

I see the Mavs 5 or 6 at best...this team is not good enough and too oldy to compete with the top seeders...

Fins4Life
10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
We are winning the championship, you heard it here 1st.

BkOriginalOne
10-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Considering I would take LA, SA, DEN and even DAL over them in a 7 game series...
NO.

Super.
10-08-2009, 10:27 AM
2 Seed? No way! That belongs to ether the Spurs or Lakers (unless something happens, prolly the Spurs.) im thinking 4 at best. They'll still make the playoffs tho.

JordansBulls
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM

As do I.

They had a great second half last season, Oden is looking healthy and is moving very well. Andre Miller comes in as a veteran PG who has to be starting as some point. Brandon Roy is one of the best 2 guards in the league and should only get better. Having a big like LMA who can hit the jumper and spread the floor helps a lot when you have Oden who will live near the basket.

They certainly can be the #2 seed, they may even be able to get the top seed if Oden plays like many are expecting.

blazerman
10-08-2009, 11:21 AM
If its like 2 years ago when it was really tight and the Hornets of all people got second seed its possible, I still think a fully healthy Jazz and Nuggets are better than them in their own division let alone conference.

Keep dreaming, your Jazz wont be within 5 games at the end of the season, if not more. The Division is Portlands to lose and the only team that would have something to say about that is Denver.
The Thunder are closer to catching the Jazz than the Jazz are to catching Portland.

blazerman
10-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Ask the Nuggets and the spurs what they think about this thread.

Ok

Raidaz4Life
10-08-2009, 11:46 AM
They have the talent but they are not as experienced as the other WC powerhouses so I will say... no

Hustla23
10-08-2009, 11:47 AM
They are definitely not better than the Spurs.

Raph12
10-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Spurs are the favs for #2, Mavs and Nuggets would compete with the Blazers for #3, so no.

ShockerArt
10-08-2009, 12:05 PM

As do I.

Are they moving the Blazers' bench under the basket?

Vidball
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I've thought so all along...they tied for the #2 seed last season and will be better this year with Andre Miller and another year of experience (they're such a young team).

LAL
POR
SA
DAL
DEN
NO
UT
LAC

Lakersfan2483
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't see the Blazers being in front of San Antonio and or Denver in terms of best record.

ragee
10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
It is really hard to tell especially now that the season has yet to start... However, I do believe you can't just count them out... I think the 2nd place in the west is not a sure thing and the Spurs, the Nuggets and the Blazers will be fighting for it till the end of the season...

sofargone
10-08-2009, 01:41 PM
i think lakers are the consensus pick for #1 but 2 is a toss up between Denver, Spurs, portland and the Mavs IMO

JordansBulls
10-08-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398267

Official PSD voting and seeding for 2009-2010 - Link (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398253)

Mavrix
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM

1. LAkers
2. Spurs
3. Mavs
4. Nuggets
5. Portland
x2

Mavrix
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Are you serious man?!? Man you've got to explain me how the ******* Mavs can be 3rd seed...I'm a Portland fan and I'm not so sure about the 3rd seed caus' like you, I think LA and SA will be 1 and 2, but the 3rd seed will be between Portland and Denver...Portland will finish 3 or 4...last year, they finished 5th but they came really near to be 4...

I see the Mavs 5 or 6 at best...this team is not good enough and too oldy to compete with the top seeders...
Mavs are better then Portland

Didn't they sweep Portland last season 3-0? They played without Josh Howard for 30 games and now have a healthy core with the additions of Drew Gooden and Shawn Marion into their starting line up.

king4day
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4/5. Mavs/Blazers

Rhino
10-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Why couldn't the Blazers get the #2 seed they tied for #2 last year and are better and more experienced then last year. I think poeple haven't given this team enough credit for what they have accomplished in such a short time frame. Oden has worked very hard on his game this off season and he will dominate on the defensive side of the game as long as he stays out of foul trouble and he has developed an offensive game. Roy will be fresher with the addition of Miller really the whole team will benefit from having a true pg who isn't going to turn it over during crunch time. I see this team finishing in either the 2 or 3 spot barring injuries this team is way to deep for most NBA teams in the league to defend against just wait and see.

Rhino
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Not to mention we were the only team in the league last year to have a winning record against the champs.

mrblisterdundee
10-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Portland doesn't have enough front court toughness and defense to earn the second seed in the western conference. Their rebounding and defensive prowess will depend in large part on the progression of Oden, and he's still a very uncertain player to count on. Andre Miller doesn't really improve Portland's defense too much. I figure they'll be in a close battle for the third seed with San Antonio, and this is coming from a die hard Blazermaniac (albeit a realistic one).

olrales
10-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Didn't they sweep Portland last season 3-0? They played without Josh Howard for 30 games and now have a healthy core with the additions of Drew Gooden and Shawn Marion into their starting line up.

I knew that one Mavs fan would have said something like this... You can't ranked a team performance with the absence of one player...Man, we played without Oden and Webster all year long last season...Have you seen Oden numbers in this offseason so far?!? And you're talking of the addition of Gooden and Marion...they're not even the shades oh what they were in the past...And we add Miller and other vets only to lead in the locker room because we have a young team.

I'm not saying they will be #2...I have somme difficulties to believe with LA and SA good teams...but they are a way better team then Dallas for sure!

sofargone
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I knew that one Mavs fan would have said something like this... You can't ranked a team performance with the absence of one player...Man, we played without Oden and Webster all year long last season...Have you seen Oden numbers in this offseason so far?!? And you're talking of the addition of Gooden and Marion...they're not even the shades oh what they were in the past...And we add Miller and other vets only to lead in the locker room because we have a young team.

I'm not saying they will be #2...I have somme difficulties to believe with LA and SA good teams...but they are a way better team then Dallas for sure!

youre such a homer my mind is spinning

heattiltheend94
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
prob 3rd or 4 seat behind Spurs and mayb Dallas

bigsams50
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM

Dude ur sig is hilarious ahahhhaa

Wilson
10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
It's going to be either them, the Lakers or the Nuggets in my opinion.

The Spurs will be a very good team, but I expect them to take it easy in the regular season for the sake of being fresh and healthy in the play-offs.

blackjack_119
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Didn't they end up 4 games worse than the Blazers last season? Also, young teams tend to improve while older teams (like the Mavs whose weighted age will be around 32 years old) tend to regress.

Portland ended up 4 games better than the Mavericks without their starting SF for the entire season; playing 3 rookies in their playing rotation (4 when Blake was injured) and having the #1 overall pick still a year away from being fully recovered from micro-fracture surgery (and was out twice due to injuries.)

what54!?
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
if oden can stay healthy and consistent yeah

BluejaysFan08
10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Not in the West, sorry.

blackjack_119
10-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Not in the West, sorry.

You mean in the West where they tied for the second best record last season?

*Superman*
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Unless they reach their full potential right now, no.

Wilson
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
My one question about them is how Andre Miller and Brandon Roy will mesh. If Roy can excel off the ball, they'll be fine. If he finds that he needs the ball to be effective, then that leaves Miller pretty useless out there. Hope it pans out for them.

ko8e24
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
not this season, maybe next season

dwadefan03
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
portland is a beast team. i think aside from the lakers they may have the most talented-chemisrty based team in the league. theyre so deep at every position it would nt suprise me if they took the first seed. now all of you are proboly going to pick on me but its true. think about it.... you have ur superstar in broy, u have his side kick in Lamarcus(whos only going to get better), you have a great facilitator/3rd option in andre miller, you have a defnsive center who has the possibility of breaking out this year. and then you have scoreers off the bench like rudy fernendez, travis outlaw. and you have valuable depth at the other positions with steve blake and joel pryzbilla. mix all of that up with a great coach like nate mcmillan and they could suprise alot of people.

jimbobjarree
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Keep dreaming, your Jazz wont be within 5 games at the end of the season, if not more. The Division is Portlands to lose and the only team that would have something to say about that is Denver.
The Thunder are closer to catching the Jazz than the Jazz are to catching Portland.

the division was ours, everyone was predicting we would win, then we got terribly injured and Boozer and Deron didnt play together until March last season. This season nothing has changed except everyones had an extra year together, you have Miller but we still outclass you terribly in that position. I guess I dont see Portland in there new light till I see them actually beat a Jazz team that has their 2 stars playing the majority of the season, I mean even without we were what, 4/5 games off you. I think we have better stars than you, we are still young yet have tons more playoff experience than you and I think we are better coached than you. As long as we stay healthy I think we can take you, but then again that is your advantage, bar Greg Oden you were very lucky with injuries the last several years...and even then you still couldnt win at our place against our bench boys.

I respect you guys more, you had a solid season, I just feel the injuries are making everyone forget about us, which I guess is good, I mean, how many seasons can we have where everyone is suprised that we're good and take the division, deja vu aye. Finish above us this year with our main guys staying majoritally healthy and I will personally VM you admitting your a better team than us, cus then it wouldnt just be a hollow achievment over a shell of our actual team.

seasons gunna be fun

Wiz kids
10-08-2009, 03:45 PM
:facepalm:

dwadefan03
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
the jazz are also a very good team but id take broy,lamarcus,andre over dwill,boozer, millsap in a heartbeat

nipo10847
10-08-2009, 04:06 PM
I agree with u. The only team that can come in between them and lakers is spurs.

Ethix11
10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Not this year.
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Mavs
4.Nuggets or Blazers
Brandon Roy is too over rated right now.

Chronz
10-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Portland doesn't have enough front court toughness and defense to earn the second seed in the western conference. Their rebounding and defensive prowess will depend in large part on the progression of Oden, and he's still a very uncertain player to count on. Andre Miller doesn't really improve Portland's defense too much. I figure they'll be in a close battle for the third seed with San Antonio, and this is coming from a die hard Blazermaniac (albeit a realistic one).

THIS

Agreed on all counts, its their defense that needs the most work. If they get that to respectability they will be legit contenders and it seems that defensive responsibility falls squarely on Oden's broad shoulders.

Mavrix
10-08-2009, 07:01 PM

You're an idiot for even bringing up pre-season. Portland played against a Kings team TWICE in PRE SEASON with an injured Spencer Hawes...of course Oden is gonna have a good game. If he hadn't then I'd seriously question why the hell he went number 1 over all in his draft class. But since were on the topic of pre-season I'll go ahead and throw out the fact that Drew Gooden had 18 and 6 and a block against Dwight Howard. Does that mean he's gonna tear it up come the regular season especially since it was against D-Howard? Hell no. Portland is way too young and inexperienced to be anything special this year. I smell another first round knock out.

Marion will transform Dallas's defense and add a boost to the offense especially with Kidd running the show, a pass first PG he hasn't had since playing with Steve Nash in Phoenix. As far as defense goes, go ask Phoenix and Miami what happened to their defense after Marion got traded away. It fell apart.

Don't be an arrogant poster and say Portland is "way" better without taking everything into account. I never said Dallas was "way" better, but I do believe they're the better team, having the better off season.

Westbrook36
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Not this season when the Spurs brought in new blood with Richard Jefferson who will help everything they do. They lacked someone to take pressure off of Manu/Parker/Duncan and Jefferson can do that easily.

MrFastBreak
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Since I don't know how they'll play this season coming up, I'm still gonna classify them as the 4th seed for now.

MackSnackWrap
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
3rd maybe 2nd seems unlikely but anything is possible

olrales
10-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Men I must write under my name that I come from Canada...yea I'm a french canadian from the lil city of Quebec...so I'm not a homer, only a fan of this young team that is really fun to watch!:p

shep33
10-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I actually think its gonna be tight between 2-5, seperated by a couple of games. Denver, SA, Portland, and maybe Dallas are gonna compete for those spots. I'm going like this:

LA
Denver
SA
Portland

But in Denver, Spurs, and Portland is gonna go down to the wire in my opinion.
Gotta remember, maybe SA might rest Duncan a lot toward the end of the season. Andre Miller is gonna be big for Portland. Plus their young and they don't know anybetter... sick lineup: Miller, Roy, Outlaw, Aldridge, Pryzbo/Oden. Could you have imagined if this team picked Durant or signed Turkoglu this summer. Man with Durant this team would be contending for the next decade (if they could keep them together). Out of all the teams to beat the lakers, i think Denver still has the best chance, especially if they play D.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
If San Antonio doesn't stay healthy, then yes, I think they finish #2. I think they will win the NW division.

Chronz
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Spurs are too old to go full bore and win the West, Portland has a better chance IMO

Tblaze
10-08-2009, 10:37 PM
SA if healthy will rank higher, Dallas I've yet to see what they're capable of, and Denver may possibly come back stronger with a full season of Billups.

So I think Blazers are in the mix for the #2 seed, but so are a few other teams.

JNA17
10-08-2009, 11:12 PM

John Hollinger also believed that the jazz would beat the lakers in 2008 during the playoffs :rolleyes:

jimbobjarree
10-08-2009, 11:14 PM
the jazz are also a very good team but id take broy,lamarcus,andre over dwill,boozer, millsap in a heartbeat

I wouldnt...and then you add Memo, AK, Brewer and Korver to that while for the Blazers you add Oden, Rudy, Blake and Pryz....depthwise too, I swear we have their number everywhere but at the 2 guard position, starwise though BRoy v DWill, I'd take Deron's 20-10 over BRoys 22-5

jimbobjarree
10-08-2009, 11:16 PM
John Hollinger also believed that the jazz would beat the lakers in 2008 during the playoffs :rolleyes:

obviously, hollingers great and all, but you think preseason he can predict that the Lakers trade for Gasol using nothing but expirings and busts...thats a little too much on the guy bro...we would have easily without that trade, they were first round fodder and we were WCF finalists.

ChiSox219
10-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Spurs are too old to go full bore and win the West, Portland has a better chance IMO

Agreed. I think the Nuggets (having Billups for the full season) will be the ones to challenge Portland for the #2 seed.

True, and I actually picked the Blazers to beat the Lakers as well, but that was because they had one of the best point differentials in the second half.

More so, everyone was picking the Lakers vs Cavs so I wanted to make a different pick that could at least be backed up with some logic.

JNA17
10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
obviously, hollingers great and all, but you think preseason he can predict that the Lakers trade for Gasol using nothing but expirings and busts...thats a little too much on the guy bro...we would have easily without that trade, they were first round fodder and we were WCF finalists.

no john predicated the jazz to beat the lakers during the "post season", during when gasol was on the lakers.

jimbobjarree
10-08-2009, 11:25 PM
did he, well fair enough, its went to 6 games and should have been 7 (if you watched game 6 we missed a pretty routine buzzer beating 3 effort) All 6 games were pretty close, we kept starting slow in LA which hurt us, but we always came back to lose by a handful, so it wasnt like we were outclassed. Last year we were however, the one thing you need is length against the Lakers and we had Memo out a few games then he came back too soon, the whole series was just a nightmare.

JNA17
10-08-2009, 11:28 PM
did he, well fair enough, its went to 6 games and should have been 7 (if you watched game 6 we missed a pretty routine buzzer beating 3 effort) All 6 games were pretty close, we kept starting slow in LA which hurt us, but we always came back to lose by a handful, so it wasnt like we were outclassed. Last year we were however, the one thing you need is length against the Lakers and we had Memo out a few games then he came back too soon, the whole series was just a nightmare.

I'm not saying the prediction was totally wrong. I mean anything can happen but im just making a point on how much of a total tool John is. I could tell u many other statements or other ridicules predictions he made.

Chronz
10-08-2009, 11:35 PM

You can look back on any analysts predictions and find right or wrong answers, :rolleyes:

Only a moron would call someone a tool for not predicting the right outcome.

JNA17
10-08-2009, 11:45 PM
You can look back on any analysts predictions and find right or wrong answers, :rolleyes:

Only a moron would call someone a tool for not predicting the right outcome.

there's a difference between trying to pick the right outcome by researching each team and picking a team based on "stats". But like i said that's just one of the examples.

But i can also see ur quite fond of john *looking at ur sig*, so i can understand ur extreme bias for him.

ChiSox219
10-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm not saying the prediction was totally wrong. I mean anything can happen but im just making a point on how much of a total tool John is. I could tell u many other statements or other ridicules predictions he made.

I'm sure if you wrote about basketball for a living, you would be wrong on several predictions as well.

He can't be perfect, no one can when prediciting something as capricious as the NBA.

slickintern
10-08-2009, 11:54 PM
egh

Rocco007
10-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Unless they can get their big guys upfront to play good steady ball...Portland will struggle agaisnt the big boys...Lakers, Spurs and Nuggets...

PHX2daDEATH
10-09-2009, 04:35 AM
I'm a Suns fan..and since none of you are picking the Suns to be in the Top 5..out of the 5 teams you are picking ( SA, LA, Por, Den, Dal )..I'd love to play Portland in the first round just based off they playoff inexperience (would love to play SA too to settle some scores ) I think the Blazers need a few years and then they will eventually become the best team in the West.. its all on Greg Oden ..The blazers could get another MVP season from Roy..LA could make the All-star team and it wont matter if Greg Oden doesnt live up to being a #1 Pick... SO NO I dont think they get the number 2 seed.. They wont be better than Denver.. I Think Andre Miller's signing is a little questionable, The Blazers were in panic mode after Hedo dissed them....it stunts the growth of Bayless who I think will be traded along with Rudy at some point in the season because as good and as young as the Blazers are.. They need a Veteran who's been through the trenches

Keep sleeping on the Suns.. too :)

ChiSox219
10-09-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm a Suns fan..and since none of you are picking the Suns to be in the Top 5..out of the 5 teams you are picking ( SA, LA, Por, Den, Dal )..I'd love to play Portland in the first round just based off they playoff inexperience (would love to play SA too to settle some scores ) I think the Blazers need a few years and then they will eventually become the best team in the West.. its all on Greg Oden ..The blazers could get another MVP season from Roy..LA could make the All-star team and it wont matter if Greg Oden doesnt live up to being a #1 Pick... SO NO I dont think they get the number 2 seed.. They wont be better than Denver.. I Think Andre Miller's signing is a little questionable, The Blazers were in panic mode after Hedo dissed them....it stunts the growth of Bayless who I think will be traded along with Rudy at some point in the season because as good and as young as the Blazers are.. They need a Veteran who's been through the trenches

Keep sleeping on the Suns.. too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY
:)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-09-2009, 06:57 AM
NO, because oden is made of pure class!!!

jimbobjarree
10-09-2009, 08:46 AM
with the Suns I dont get how they are going to improve, I mean we were injured last season, Hornets now have Meka, Dallas and SAS made some good moves and Portland got a solid PG, Denver already were streets ahead of the Suns last year as were the Lakers....the Suns lost Shaq for nothing and your confident they will magically move up 4 positions in the rankings? I dunno, the Suns are still a solid team and always a good test to play against, but I cant see them finishing 5th unless everyone else has nightmare injuries like last year.

I'm interested in seeing Robin Lopez...he starts for you guys now right?

ragee
10-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I wouldnt...and then you add Memo, AK, Brewer and Korver to that while for the Blazers you add Oden, Rudy, Blake and Pryz....depthwise too, I swear we have their number everywhere but at the 2 guard position, starwise though BRoy v DWill, I'd take Deron's 20-10 over BRoys 22-5

Then you add Outlaw, Batum, Webster... When it comes to depth, I think Blazers are one of the deepest teams... I think the Jazz is better at the pg and the pf position... Blazers are better at the sg and sf positon... They are about even in the center position... Memo is a great offensively but a liability in the defensive end... Although he is better than Oden or Joel, Oden and Joel is better than Memo and the rest of your centers...

I have to agree with one thing though.... I'd pick Deron over Roy in a heartbeat...

It is so hard to argue with this topic because all the teams that arebeing mentioned are teams i like... I would love it if the Blazers cold land the 1st or second seed but it would be fine if the Jazz or the Mavs get it...

Chronz
10-09-2009, 04:50 PM
there's a difference between trying to pick the right outcome by researching each team and picking a team based on "stats". But like i said that's just one of the examples.Whats the difference, and he didnt just base it on stats because plenty of stat heads voted for the Lakers. You obviously have no comprehension of Hollingers work. And yes like you said, its just one example of several decades worth of projections. Can I cherry pick all the examples where he (and his methods) were DEAD ON? In fact if we were to analyze every prediction from every analyst in the league do you really think Hollinger would be any different than most?

But i can also see ur quite fond of john *looking at ur sig*, so i can understand ur extreme bias for him.

Nice try but there is no bias, I just love topics that spark debates. Keep trying to defame my character though, it reveals more about yourself than you know.

blazerman
10-09-2009, 05:00 PM
NO, because oden is made of pure class!!!

You're right Oden is pure class and a nice guy, Im glad you see Oden is a great guy.

Bynum I question, I think he's made of glass, haha

Tyreke
10-09-2009, 05:01 PM
4th seed