PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stephenson?

AI4MVP
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM
this is only going to make sense for people that follow all of basketball not just the NBA..

but what the hell happened to Lance Stephenson? like i know hes going to Cinncinati and everything, but hes kinda disappeared from any spotlight.

There was a time when he was without a doubt the most hyped high school basketball player in America. More hyped then Brandon Jennings when he was rating number 1 in America. More hyped then Derrick Rose, More hyped the John Wall. The only high school basketball player i rememeber getting more hype then Lance Stephenson is LeBron James.

but hes definetly disappeared.

Like on next years mock drafts pretty much everywhere hes a late 2nd rounder. late second rounder?! ive seen the kid play high school games. Hes the all time leading scorer in the same high school that produced stephon marbury and sebastian telfair(yeah he was a high school legend).

From what ive seen, whichever team gets him as a late second rounder has one of the greatest draft steals of all time.

what do u guys think? why is lance flying so under the radar?

Wake's Fastball
10-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I know there have been some questions about his maturity. His ranking within his class has also slipped a ton.. I'm not sure he's even in the consensus top 10 at this point. I assume actually getting some run in the Big East ought to help him out though if he can step up.

MGB
10-07-2009, 11:29 PM
aaah wake, how i miss the sim league and your never ending prospect knowledge droppings. :hi5:

arlubas
10-08-2009, 02:57 AM
There were questions about his understanding of the game while he was hyped up as well though. On one hand you had the "born ready" nickname and on the other you had people telling his teammates didn't want to play with him and that he only looked for his own shots in games. So I'm assuming that is the reason even though the same things were said for OJ Mayo as well and he kept any hype and momentum he had all the way through to the NBA draft so I don't know...

GoatMilk
10-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Bill Walker

DodgerBulls
10-08-2009, 03:19 AM
simply because he can't manage to grow up.

remember.. "growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional."

he never got the memo.

he's a very very egocentric person to say the least.

AI4MVP
10-08-2009, 03:23 AM
its just confusing for me. i know the kid has alot of off court issues. like..ALOT. but he has SERIOUS talent. like star talent. id think that some team would take a first with that in the first round. i know mock drafts dont mean ****, but they give u an idea of where the player is, and every single one has in late second round. the guy is 6'6" 200+ pounds with a killer crossover, good midrange game, three point range, prtty good passer, very strong. i just dont know how u can go from being the most talked about high school player in America, to where hes at right now.

i also really have a hard time believing that itll stay that way though. i think wants the college basketball season starts he'll show what hes made of at cincinnati and open some eyes that have recently been shut down.

Ace33Bone
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I think that one of Lance Stephenson's biggest problems is the people around him... His dad has ruined his reputation with a lot of schools by making Lance hold out on taking offers and so fourth... I also think that the people around him encourage him to play a more flashy streetball style of game rather than a game that will look good on the college/NBA level... IMO this is going to be a big year for him because I want to see how his game tanscends to the college level... Will he live up to the once acclaimed hype that was given to him or will he just become another street baller that did not pan out?

ramsizzle
10-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Bill Walker

he tore up his leg...TWICE....that man will still be a star in the league. watch :cool:

JayW_1023
10-08-2009, 10:15 AM
There are lotsa kids with great individual talent who think they can dominate a pro game like a pick-up game. Most of these kids don't have a clue that the pro game is much harder to dominate. So they run their mouths and quit working on their game.

Kids like Stephenson should use the spent times daydreaming about making sportscenter hightlight reels working on the fundamentals of the game in a gym. I hope that this is the reason things are quiet around the kid.

AI4MVP
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
i think he will have a good sotry of getting to the nba and proving the haters wrong. if he has a coach that can grab him my the nuts and tur his attitude around(someone like scott skiles), i think he can be a star in this league

Ace33Bone
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I still think that the jury is out on him... but if someone can get him with a late second round pick then I think that they have gotten away with murder as well... he is definitely a kid with lottery pick talent but i want to see what he does in college first before I stamp him

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Yea i know what you mean. That guy is nasty and was being recruited by prestigious schools, but he ended up going to Cincinnati for some odd reason. Whatever if he's good he can still be a first round draft pick, and if he's not then he's not.

J$mo0th_3o5
10-08-2009, 11:37 PM
I remember seeing him on Gunnin for the #1 Spot. He was pretty dirty.