PDA

View Full Version : Out of the San Antonio Spurs and LA Lakers, who needs HCA the most for the playoffs?

JordansBulls
10-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Out of the San Antonio Spurs and the LA Lakers, who needs HCA (Homecourt Advantage/Top seed) the most for the playoffs next season out west?

I'm just listing the top contenders in each Conference and the teams that are the odds on favorites.

GREATNESS ONE
10-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I voted Lakers only because for a second there I thought who will get it.... Hard to vote for this now because the season hasn't played out yet. If last year was any indication the Lakers are a good away team.

My Vote is San Antonio. Ask Phil Jackson why...

ko8e24
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
lakeshow was best road team last season, and not bad on the road during the playoffs, so spurs need it more

Shady66
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I say lakers, spurs always a great road team

Lakerfan In NY
10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Spurs...The Lakers prove they can win it on someone else home floor... While the Spurs are basically a new team...that has to prove it can.

shep33
10-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Spurs...The Lakers prove they can win it on someone else home floor... While the Spurs are basically a new team...that has to prove it can.

I totally agree with you. I think the Lakers actually play better on the road. They beat Cleveland at the Q, and the Celts in the Garden (with Garnett). I'm not convinced on the Spurs yet, i think blair and jefferson are gonna be great, but Manu is constantly injured now, and Tim Duncan admitted that he's lost a step. McDyess is great but he's getting old and has had a lot of previous injuries. I think the Lakers win the west by 8 games.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Lakers are defending so Spurs need it more.

RaiderLakersA's
10-07-2009, 06:55 PM
The Spurs need HCA more.

That said, this is basically the same Lakers team, albeit with Artest, that has won big games, must have games -- you name it -- on the opponents home court last year. This team not only thrives on adversity but has an incredible penchant for overcoming some of the adversity that it creates for itself. If that continues into the up-coming season, HCA won't matter for any team that faces the Lakers. After all, it only takes one win on their court to turn the tide. The Lakers are more than capable of getting that one win.

mikantsass
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
San Antonio I think needs it more. The Laker fans at the Laker home games don't realize that there is actually a game being played. Away games aren't much different than home games, there is just a little less yellow. San Antonio always shows up to support their team nice, they always have a HCA.

mikantsass
10-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I voted Lakers only because for a second there I thought who will get it.... Hard to vote for this now because the season hasn't played out yet. If last year was any indication the Lakers are a good away team.

My Vote is San Antonio. Ask Phil Jackson why...

Phil Jackson will just cry like the lil b**** he is until he gets his way

Ripper Gein
10-07-2009, 07:23 PM
The Spurs, Lakers can win anywhere ask the c's.

Hawkeye15
10-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Neither. Their key players have been thru it all.
Its whomever healthy, and playing the best basketball. These are both veteran teams who don't care about atmosphere. The Spurs have proved that numerous times, and LA proved it last year.

EternalLakeShow
10-07-2009, 08:31 PM

you mean he'll pull the old paul pierceroo? :cry::cry::mad::cry:

Hawkeye15
10-07-2009, 11:21 PM

huh?? Phil is actually pretty good to the refs. He lets Kobe or Fish do the talking. In a productive manner.

GREATNESS ONE
10-08-2009, 01:24 AM
San Antonio I think needs it more. The Laker fans at the Laker home games don't realize that there is actually a game being played. Away games aren't much different than home games, there is just a little less GOLD. San Antonio always shows up to support their team nice, they always have a HCA.

Fixed it :D

GREATNESS ONE
10-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Neither. Their key players have been thru it all.
Its whomever healthy, and playing the best basketball. These are both veteran teams who don't care about atmosphere. The Spurs have proved that numerous times, and LA proved it last year.

:clap:

JayW_1023
10-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Neither really...both teams are proven on the road. But with the roster the Lakers have...they should be a lock to finish first in the West. Anyone they'll play will be considered an underdog, even the Spurs :)