PDA

View Full Version : PG,SG.Sf,PF,C...which is better

Rocket_lover
10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
this mite b a stupid thread but i realy wanna kno...if there was a 12 man team of pgs,sgs,sfs,pfs,cs......which team would dominate?? who would be the better team

Rocket_lover
10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
to clarify...a team of all pgs,sgs ect.

Ace33Bone
10-07-2009, 09:40 AM
I would say either the SFs or the SGs because they are the most versatile... The Centers & PF wouldn't get the ball up the court the PGs would be tooo small

JermanJaysFan
10-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I'd probably say the SFs because they are the most versatile team.

Like- you aren't really going to get a PG that can be a force inside, nor are you going to get a PF or C that can execute the offense and run the floor on a regular basis. With the SFs, you get a wide range of talents. Guys like Lebron, Turkoglu and Stephen Jackson can handle the ball, guys like Marion and Lewis and Josh Smith can play as bigs to a certain extent....

zambo4president
10-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Well i think im going to have to go with the 3's. All those swingmen are pretty big and there versatile. Can score from outside or upclose and can rebound too.

EricU812
10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
I think I team of Dirks would be pretty tough to play. (Dwight Howard is better in my opinion), but a team of 7 footers who can dribble, and launch three's would be really tough.

A team of Lebrons would be mind blowing.

I'm not sure how, but a team of Tim Duncans would fundamentally be able to throw the ball up the court and somehow be dominant.

A team of Kobe's would be amazing.

A team of Chris Pauls would provide maybe 300 steals a game.

BkOriginalOne
10-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I would say SF, becuse they can range from 6-5-7'0 in some rotations.
They have the widest amount of skill range.
No team is going to be a lineup that looks like.
Lebron
Melo
Granger
KD
Pierce

asandhu23
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
A team full of Wilt Chamberlains would destroy a team full of Jordans or Kobes. Now a team full of LeBrons.... Wilt might have a bit of problem.

Carey
10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I'd go with the 3's, you have guys like Hedo or Lebron to run the point, a guy like Artest is physical enough to play the 4, Durant shoots it like a guard

Hellcrooner
10-07-2009, 10:35 AM
the fours

some of them can birng the ball up and handle fairly well like Odom, Pau or Dirk .

Most of them are 7 foters now .

Also some of them can shoot from the outside like Dirk or Randolph

SpeeMN
10-07-2009, 10:36 AM
I used to create teams of the best Pgs, Sgs, ect in NBA Live and PG's ended up winning with SF's after. I'm not saying that would be the case, but talent and basketball IQ would prevail in the end. And there are Big Pg's in the league.

Billups, Dwilliams, CP3, Andre Miller, and Nash would be hard to beat.

AK-50
10-07-2009, 10:46 AM
every position is just as important with a role which is just as crucial you cant really say one position is better than the other cause they're pretty much different if a team doesn't have at least 1 or 2 good players from either those positions that team is going nowhere

KnicksorBust
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm going to use http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/depth to create the teams so it's easier to imagine:

Team PG - Paul, Deron, Billups, Nash, Rondo
Team SG - Kobe, Wade, Roy, Joe Johnson, Vince Carter
Team SF - LeBron, Melo, Granger, Pierce, Durant
Team PF - Dirk, Garnett, Gasol, Amare, Bosh
Team C - Duncan, Howard, Yao, Shaq, Al Jefferson

Which 5 would win?

ManRam
10-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Easily SF.

Hedo at the "point"
Durant at the "two"
Granger/Melo at SF
LeBron at "PF"
Al Thornton at "C"

A team of all Centers would have no ball handlers. A team with all PGs would get bullied. SF is the obvious answer. They are the most versatile.

Hellcrooner
10-07-2009, 12:00 PM
i dont know man ram

Kg at Pg he HAS the handles

Dirk at Sg he HAS the SHOT

Bosh at Sf he HAS the speed

Pau at Pf

Duncna as C Has the D

and dont forget a bench with ODOm that can play PG too ro Randolph that can also shoot threes Stou etc

mikantsass
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
SF's would take it

LeBron
Melo
Pierce
Butler
R Lewis
G Wallace
Deng
Howard
Artest
Granger
Maggette
Kirilenko
Stephen Jackson
Battier
Tayshaun
Richard Jefferson
Al Thonton

One could argue that:
Durant
Josh Smith
Matrix Marion

are SF's too.

Im rollin wit the 3's

KnicksorBust
10-12-2009, 05:58 PM
SF's would take it

LeBron
Melo
Pierce
Butler
R Lewis
G Wallace
Deng
Howard
Artest
Granger
Maggette
Kirilenko
Stephen Jackson
Battier
Tayshaun
Richard Jefferson
Al Thonton

One could argue that:
Durant
Josh Smith
Matrix Marion

are SF's too.

Im rollin wit the 3's

Depth means nothing. Which of them is going to guard Tim Duncan and then which one is going to guard Al Jefferson?

Unruly Fan
10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Any squad with LeBron on it...

MackSnackWrap
10-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Sfs then sgs