PDA

View Full Version : Good news blazers

blazermania1983
10-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I was at the kings/blazers game and let me tell you Oden tore **** up.

has 18 points,9 rebounds,1 steal, 3 blocks, 2 assist and was player of the game.

He hit JUMP SHOTS AND HOOKS multiple times, stuff we havnt seen yet and he is so much thinner runnen up and down the court with the guards.

He gona be most improved this year for sure if this is any indication.

Andre miller did well to with 14-16 points bunch of assists.

GO BLAZERS:)

Ace33Bone
10-07-2009, 09:09 AM
I hope Oden is able to stay healthy this year because I really want to see what the Blazers will be able to do with a healthy Oden

ChiSox219
10-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Good performance but he had 4 fouls in something like 25 minutes. If he can stay healthy and avoid foul trouble the sky is the limit.

AK-50
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
last year was pretty understandable 1st overall pick injured for the season before it even begins then 2nd overall pick Kevin Durant lighting it up pressure was on Oden to preform and it was still his rookie year but this year he will be better im not talking dominating but a lot better than last year

Mavrix
10-07-2009, 01:31 PM
You DO know that the Blazers played the worst team in the NBA...right? :facepalm:

Tblaze
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
You DO know that the Blazers played the worst team in the NBA...right? :facepalm:

What does that have to do with the fact that Oden's offense looked so much smoother and overall he looks to be in alot better shape???

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Giaps
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Good for him. I hope he does well.

Shady66
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Hope he has a monster year

blazerman
10-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Oden had a rough start but has busted his butt all summer and has don everything needed to turn it around for himself. He was the #1 for a reason and it'll show through soon enough. He could have done way more last night but why it's preseason.
Like I said all the bust talk with Oden will end this yr. Sac has some good young players in Hawes and Thompson but they are no match for a healthy Oden with Aldridge next to him.

I expect McMillian to use Bayless,Batum and a few of the new guys more tonight (Dante and Juwan). I think Oden may still get the same minutes because McMillian will want to how he works a back to back.

Miller looked really comfortable as well.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
What does that have to do with the fact that Oden's offense looked so much smoother and overall he looks to be in alot better shape???

He's above there competition... and it's PRE SEASON PPL!!!!

lakerboy
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Is Andre Miller even going to start? I drafted him to my fantasy league and I can't believe Steve Blake is still starting.

D Roses Bulls
10-07-2009, 02:56 PM

for one its preseason, for two its the kings, for three its THE KINGS.

if you blazer fans think hes going to be a dominant force on offense then you might as well think again.

blazerman
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM
for one its preseason, for two its the kings, for three its THE KINGS.

if you blazer fans think hes going to be a dominant force on offense then you might as well think again.

I doubt he's a dominant force on offense either but he is improving and lots more to his game that what showed last yr, he has a solid team around him your Bulls know that from last yr.

Oden looked good on defense, transition and his endurance is so much better, that microfracture is behind him now and he looks good out there. No denying the fact he has lots to learn but he is very teachable and is picking it up. The smart thing for opposing fans to not do is to expect the same GO you saw last yr.
I dont expect to see the same Luel Deng as last season, Im wise enough to know the Bulls will be much improved with a healthy Deng as an option!!

I dont know if you saw Oden shooting FT's 10-12 and the 2 misses were by a c**t hair. Two bigs(Oden an Aldridge) that can shoot FT's isnt good for opposing teams late in games when you got a guy like BRoy on the wings!!

conditioning and being healthy goes along ways in Oden's case!

*Superman*
10-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Is Andre Miller even going to start? I drafted him to my fantasy league and I can't believe Steve Blake is still starting.

Lmao

fredv
10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Dejuan Blair > Greg Oden

b_rad23
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Vladimir Stephania>Greg Oden>Yao

OBredskin
10-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Just like Benjamin Button, Oden also gets younger as the years progress....haha...

on a real note, i'm excited to see the Blazers this year. Hopefully they can put all the 'healthy' pieces together (Webster, Oden) so we can do some damage in the West.

on a side note, I saw a funny T-shirt the other day, it said: "Portland - Come for the fishing, stay for the strippers"

blackjack_119
10-07-2009, 05:23 PM

The most impressive thing that Greg Oden did all night was block a shot that was above the square on the back board. The opposition doesn't factor into that. He is in shape again. His hops are back. He is showing what was so impressive in college. The ability to wait until after the shot is attempted before going for the block.

I agree that punking Spencer Hawes and Jonathan Brockman isn't that impressive of a feat, but showing the quickness and coordination is a whole different story.

Watch the highlights to see the difference in agility. Blazer Highlights (http://www.nba.com/blazers/video/2009/10/06/0010900012_sac_por_recap.nba/index.html)

blackjack_119
10-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Just like Benjamin Button, Oden also gets younger as the years progress....haha...

on a real note, i'm excited to see the Blazers this year. Hopefully they can put all the 'healthy' pieces together (Webster, Oden) so we can do some damage in the West.

on a side note, I saw a funny T-shirt the other day, it said: "Portland - Come for the fishing, stay for the strippers"

Thank you Judge Norblad for ruling that lap dancing "that goes to the extent of being misconstrued as prostitution" is actually classified as "freedom of expression" and protected by the Oregon Constitution. Las Vegas has nothing on Portland.

Kings Faithful
10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
I will let people remember that Oden put these numbers up on a team with 1 center... a center who is tall and lanky and was injured with a minor sprained ankle at that. Mark Blount could have put those numbers up on our depleted Kings team.

blazerman
10-07-2009, 05:43 PM

Aint that the truth, come for the fishing stay for the strippers, that's classic. good read,haha

xmoney328
10-07-2009, 06:14 PM
yeaa but he still have to stay away from them Dumm A%% fouls!!!!

blazermania1983
10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
look I am not saying Greg Oden is gona be dwight howard or tim duncan this season I am just sayen he has improved alot it seems and looks in shape.

lotta debbie downers around here :P

Raps18-19 Champ
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Bad News:
Kings suck
It's Preseason

blazerman
10-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Bad News:
Kings suck
It's Preseason

True, true

Verbal Christ
10-07-2009, 07:04 PM
is this really main board material? its the friggin' preseason dude get a grip. im sure MANY more people saw it in the blazers room, try it.

Hawkeye15
10-07-2009, 07:35 PM
its all about health for Greg, and I like the Blazers. I hope the best for him. I think he could be the best C in the west if he can stay on the floor.

blazerman
10-07-2009, 08:22 PM
its all about health for Greg, and I like the Blazers. I hope the best for him. I think he could be the best C in the west if he can stay on the floor.

he'll be fine but Im sure your boy Al Jefferson gets some allstar consideation this yr. By the way how is he coming along. Man that sucks when your main guy goes down, (Oden,Amare,Jefferson,Brand,Redd even Bynum) all good players that have had some bad breaks, no pun intended.

Hopefully it's behind all them and they get to play a full season.

sofargone
10-07-2009, 08:26 PM
big deal he outpreformed the worst team in the NBA in a preseason game...

Hawkeye15
10-07-2009, 11:42 PM
he'll be fine but Im sure your boy Al Jefferson gets some allstar consideation this yr. By the way how is he coming along. Man that sucks when your main guy goes down, (Oden,Amare,Jefferson,Brand,Redd even Bynum) all good players that have had some bad breaks, no pun intended.

Hopefully it's behind all them and they get to play a full season.

I mean down the road as far as Greg is concerned. I think the Wolves add a defensive C in the draft next season.
Jefferson is good. Lost a bunch of weight, and is apparently feeling no ill effects from the knee injury.
THanks for the shoutout bout my Wolves! haha
peace

Mavrix
10-07-2009, 11:49 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:He played against the ****ing Kings in PRE-Season :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ko8e24
10-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I hope Oden has a good, injury-free, healthy healthy healthy season.

Mavrix
10-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Drew Gooden posted 18 points 6 rebounds and 1 block playing center against Dwight Howard..who did Oden play against..Spencer ****ing Hawes?

Tblaze
10-08-2009, 04:27 AM
He played against the ****ing Kings in PRE-Season :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Dude what is your problem with oden? I know your just trying to get a reaction here. The only thing I mentioned is that his offense looked so much more fluid, and that he looks in so much better shape. I wasn't boosting about his numbers or anything. The only thing I said is that he LOOKS to have improved greatly. That has NOTHING to do with the opponent. He runs the floor alot better, and his footwork is alot more controlled. Now that would've showed the same against the Magic or w/e. I am by no meens saying he's a becoming dominant offensive force cause of course it's easy to score on the kings as a big. Do you get it now???

Geez get over it.

D-Leethal
10-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Dude what is your problem with oden? I know your just trying to get a reaction here. The only thing I mentioned is that his offense looked so much more fluid, and that he looks in so much better shape. I wasn't boosting about his numbers or anything. The only thing I said is that he LOOKS to have improved greatly. That has NOTHING to do with the opponent. He runs the floor alot better, and his footwork is alot more controlled. Now that would've showed the same against the Magic or w/e. I am by no meens saying he's a becoming dominant offensive force cause of course it's easy to score on the kings as a big. Do you get it now???

Geez get over it.

agreed, with all the crap threads in this forum the fact that a guy with unbelievable hype who has been labled a bust do to injuries had a sick game and could be an indicator for a breakout season is actually thread worthy.....Oden seems like a great guy, I hope he thrives this season....Im rooting for Portland out west