PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation Thread: Lebron James Appreciation Thread

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
That's it! I'm sick of all this Lebron hate. It was all fun in games when people were mocking all that stuff he did towards the end of the season and in the summer, but now, with the new NBA season dawning upon us, I feel it is time we appreciate the reigning League MVP and arguably a top 3 player in this league (don't worry, that just means in a heated arugment of NBA Fans, he can't go any lower than being the 3rd best player in the league).

So, let's appreciate this young, great player by the name of Lebron James.

What I like about LBJ23 is that he is ferocious when taking it to the whole; he is basically unstoppable and instills that fear in defenders that guys like Shaq (who still does to an extent) and Wilt used to down low in the paint.

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
damn, i guess yall truly do hate Lebron James. might as well close this mods, looks like even the Lebron praisers are nonexistent, at least for today.

JJ_JKidd
10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Hes a beast... The NBA should ban him, hes not human... Hes a genome basketball project. So unfair :clap:

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
dere we go, thatz wut im talkin bout

TannerOwnsDevin
10-05-2009, 10:02 PM

the best appreciation you can give lebron is by admitting that he's actually a better player than kobe.

:rolleyes:

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 10:09 PM
the best appreciation you can give lebron is by admitting that he's actually a better player than kobe.

:rolleyes:

lebron is a better player throught the course of the first 42 minutes of a game. He is "one of the top" guys when it comes down to the last 5-6 minutes of the game.

happy?

BoratSagdiyev
10-05-2009, 10:11 PM

2nd grade grammar

Raps08-09 Champ
10-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Did you people forget to check his stats today?

If you did, here is a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1966

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 10:13 PM
2nd grade grammar

really? we here to talk bout dat? GTFO loser!

ManRam
10-05-2009, 10:31 PM
I heard he sneezed, and didn't cover his mouth today!

What a terrible human being.

IRUAM #21
10-05-2009, 10:33 PM
2nd grade grammar

y r u making phun of hiz grammer ?

SaimoNETS
10-05-2009, 10:44 PM
y r u making phun of hiz grammer ?

:laugh2:

BoTiggle
10-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm honored to have graduated High School in the same year as LeBron James. Class of 2003, baby. Look at us now!

EDIT: Post 666!!!

1-800-STFU
10-05-2009, 10:53 PM
LeBrick James

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 10:55 PM
I heard he sneezed, and didn't cover his mouth today!

What a terrible human being.

wtf r u talkin bout? :pity:

TheKing23
10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I think when the NBA season starts people will stop the excessive hating on him...

People have been so bored whilst waiting for the season to start they have picked the most ridiculous reasons to dislike one of the greatest players of our generation (when it's all said and done probably THE greatest of this generation, maybe all time). What he wears, or what he does after a game... Come on guys! Wake up and smell the coffee... this guy is the most physically talented player to ever step on an NBA court, he deserves some respect. He shouldn't be judged for what he does off the court, he should be judged for what he gets paid millions of dollars to do... play basketball.

I personally feel honored to witness (see what I did there) such a great player and follow the development of his game throughout his career. Whatever he does though, on-court and off-court, haters will still hate, but players like him don't come around often, so appreciate his brilliance while we all can.

theimortalone
10-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Lebron James will be a household name for years to come.

ManRam
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM

It's called sarcasm.

The anti-LeBron sentiment on this site has converted me from a hard core hater, to a huge supporter. I think it's laughable how terrible of a person people make him out to be, for such asinine things like not shaking hands (no one does), dunk-gate (not his fault, if it was anyone else, no one would know about it), his terrible ego, blah blah blah. It's pathetic.

If I knew nothing about sports, and came to this site, I would think LeBron is a criminal, and a far worse human being than say; Jordan, Ron Artest, Damon Stoudamire, Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Barkely, Rodman, Battie, Cassell, Derrick Coleman, Dale Ellis, AI, Jayson Williams, JO, Pippen, Randolph, Glenn Robinson, Carmelo Anthony, Sprewell, Webber, Robert Traylor, Delonte West, the list goes on and on.

Hell, I bet OJ Simpson gets treated better here than LeBron. Why? I have no idea.

Imagine if LeBron did something half as bad as any of those guys?? I bet there would be riots on the streets, begging for him to be locked up. It's just not fare to him.

I think he is one of the 5-10 best role models in the game. Seriously. If he wasn't a star, and just a role player...there would be no debate about it. There wasn't one until this last half year (in which nothing happened really).

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
It's called sarcasm.

The anti-LeBron sentiment on this site has converted me from a hard core hater, to a huge supporter. I think it's laughable how terrible of a person people make him out to be, for such asinine things like not shaking hands (no one does), dunk-gate (not his fault, if it was anyone else, no one would know about it), his terrible ego, blah blah blah. It's pathetic.

If I knew nothing about sports, and came to this site, I would think LeBron is a criminal, and a far worse human being than say; Jordan, Ron Artest, Damon Stoudamire, Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Barkely, Rodman, Battie, Cassell, Derrick Coleman, Dale Ellis, AI, Jayson Williams, JO, Pippen, Randolph, Glenn Robinson, Carmelo Anthony, Sprewell, Webber, Robert Traylor, Delonte West, the list goes on and on.

Hell, I bet OJ Simpson gets treated better here than LeBron. Why? I have no idea.

Imagine if LeBron did something half as bad as any of those guys?? I bet there would be riots on the streets, begging for him to be locked up. It's just not fare to him.

I think he is one of the 5-10 best role models in the game. Seriously. If he wasn't a star, and just a role player...there would be no debate about it. There wasn't one until this last half year (in which nothing happened really).

and again I ask

This is an APPRECIATION THREAD. You're bringing up the negative ways people look at him (and the fact that they shouldnt do so). Thats all ur doing. The goal is to "Appreciate", not to say "Why people don't Appreciate" it".

ManRam
10-05-2009, 11:23 PM
and again I ask

This is an APPRECIATION THREAD. You're bringing up the negative ways people look at him (and the fact that they shouldnt do so). Thats all ur doing. The goal is to "Appreciate", not to say "Why people don't Appreciate" it".

I'm appreciating...by telling people who hate him why they are stupid.

He's the best player in the league. Give him an adequate second option, and it's game over for the league.

Happy?

LeBron hate just gets my heart pumping...I can't stand it, and I have no idea why.

Frankly...I don't think he needs this thread. If you don't appreciate him, you are crazy. That's my opinion.

Wilson
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
His jump-shot and defense aren't as bad as people make them out to be (in fact they're very respectable, especially his defense), and we all know about his athleticism.

He's a great player that is only going to get better as those skills, and his intelligence grows. It's going to be a joy to watch him progress through his career, as it's been a joy for us Laker fans to watch Kobe through his.

AlexTmz2
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
waste of a thread..

Tulanehockey
10-05-2009, 11:35 PM
So Lebron calls Braylon Edwards childish for punching someone? I guess it takes one to know one. We missed you for the handshakes James.

TheKing23
10-05-2009, 11:35 PM
waste of a thread..

Waste of a post...

TannerOwnsDevin
10-05-2009, 11:41 PM
lebron is a better player throught the course of the first 42 minutes of a game. He is "one of the top" guys when it comes down to the last 5-6 minutes of the game.

happy?

82games.com puts lebron in favor of kobe on almost every major category,

what you say now?

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 11:43 PM

what you say now?

lol, im not debating. I am simply appreciating Lebron James.

so anyways........

Lebron is perhaps the most powerful dunker in the nba today. I think he has more zest and power to his dunks than dwight howard.

_KB24_
10-06-2009, 12:02 AM
I appreciate him for helping Kobe find his "Championship rings"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtVO9cOq7Xo

" Well maybe you should check your CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS DISPLAY CASE!" ...... :D

JayW_1023
10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
I wonder what he is going to add to his game this year. Last time he improved his off the ball defense. Maybe this year he will be a better man to man defender.

Either way, this guy is so atheltically gifted it's pick and choose for him which aspect of the game he'll improve on next.

madiaz3
10-06-2009, 09:48 AM

what you say now?

yeeeah 82games stats end all be all! you're obsessed with proving lebron better and shoving it down peoples throats. stats never capture intangibles, just let people watch them both and decide for themselves.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2009, 10:27 AM
why was this thread started? If you don't appreciate LeBron, then your messed up anyways. This is simply turning into a Kobe is better forum, of which we have 1000 of.
I am so fkin sick of Kobe/LeBron.

_KB24_
10-06-2009, 08:55 PM
why was this thread started? If you don't appreciate LeBron, then your messed up anyways. This is simply turning into a Kobe is better forum, of which we have 1000 of.

Many people don't appreciate him. Are they all messed up? :rolleyes:

topdog
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Why an "appreciation thread?" I think Lebron already feels appreciated recieving a $90 million nike contract before he ever set foot on an NBA court. He has been blessed w/ great physical tools and uses them well, but how 'bout some appreciation for guys who don't always get recognized like Gerald Wallace or Ryan Gomes? Brandan Bass maybe?

Hawkeye15
10-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Many people don't appreciate him. Are they all messed up? :rolleyes:

yes. I don't like Kobe, but I appreciate him, and think he is unreal.
If you don't appreciate LeBron, you are a hater, or a blind fan of a certain team that can't get past the fact we are watching a prodigy

TannerOwnsDevin
10-06-2009, 09:55 PM
If you don't appreciate LeBron, you are a hater, or a blind fan of a certain team that can't get past the fact we are watching a prodigy

if you dig deep enought, you'll probably come out and say you do like kobe.

its those rabid homers that makes him look bad.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I think Kobe is a great, great player. But I don't care for him personally. But then again, the best are usually not well liked, they are dicks.

sofargone
10-06-2009, 10:17 PM
lebron needs to work on his game

_KB24_
10-06-2009, 10:23 PM

If I'm not mistaken prodigy means something along the likes of mastering a special field or talent at a young age? Lebron has not mastered the game of basketball yet. If you are talking about prodigies, I think that Kevin Durant is the closest thing that we will see in a year or 2.

I don't hate Lebron but I hate the excess bogus and hype that he comes along with. I am not ready to crown him the "best player in the league" and buy into everything ESPN is eluding to. I do appreciate him to a certain extent as he has proablly the most explosive one legged takeoff in the history of the NBA. Other than that, as of now, I don't see what he does that seperates him to such a another degree that he is the "hands down" best player in the league.

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the......

Forget it, in this case you can hate the player.

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-06-2009, 10:25 PM

That's right! Lets talk about D Wade!! :D

Hawkeye15
10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
If I'm not mistaken prodigy means something along the likes of mastering a special field or talent at a young age? Lebron has not mastered the game of basketball yet. If you are talking about prodigies, I think that Kevin Durant is the closest thing that we will see in a year or 2.

I don't hate Lebron but I hate the excess bogus and hype that he comes along with. I am not ready to crown him the "best player in the league" and buy into everything ESPN is eluding to. I do appreciate him to a certain extent as he has proablly the most explosive one legged takeoff in the history of the NBA. Other than that, as of now, I don't see what he does that seperates him to such a another degree that he is the "hands down" best player in the league.

fair enough. But mastering being a beast at 20 is enough for me. But I see where you are coming from

ko8e24
10-06-2009, 10:30 PM
It seems that whenever Lebron is around the rim, he finishes around the rim (non-dunk) but with a layup or floater 9 out of 10 times. He's just that good around the basket.