PDA

View Full Version : Another LeBron Thread

ManRam
10-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Kill him! Crucify him! He's Satanic!

BEREA, Ohio -- LeBron James called Cleveland Browns receiver Braylon Edwards "childish" for allegedly punching James' friend early Monday morning outside of a Cleveland night club.

James said Edwards punched Edward Givens, a friend of James' and a promoter with a Cleveland marketing firm who was working outside the club around 2:30 a.m. ET.

“I've never crossed paths with Braylon before, but it seems like there's a little jealousy going on with Braylon and me and my friends. I have no idea why. I've never said anything to Braylon at all. But for him to do that is very childish. My friend is 130 pounds. Seriously. It's like hitting one of my kids. It doesn't make sense.” -- LeBron James

"I've never crossed paths with Braylon before, but it seems like there's a little jealousy going on with Braylon and me and my friends. I have no idea why," the Cavaliers superstar said after practice. "I've never said anything to Braylon at all. But for him to do that is very childish. My friend is 130 pounds.

Seriously. It's like hitting one of my kids. It doesn't make sense."

James says he was home when the fight occurred, but got a call from Givens telling him about it at 7 a.m. Monday.

Edwards' manager issued a statement, hoping to soothe any perceived rivalry between two of Cleveland's biggest sports stars.

"Braylon has nothing but the highest respect for LeBron James as an athlete and person," Hayes Grooms said.

Browns coach Eric Mangini said he has spoken with Edwards about the alleged fight.

"I know there is an incident that has been reported with Braylon Edwards, it's something that I am aware of. It is something that I spoke with Braylon about and personal conduct is very important to me. I always want our players to put themselves in the most positive positions. This is something I will continue to gather information on."

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that a 28-year-old man accused Edwards of punching him in the face following an argument. The man said Edwards hit him with a closed fist. He said he suffered a black eye and cut and was treated at a hospital.

Edwards' name did not appear in a police report. He was not arrested and there are no charges pending against him.

Edwards was not in Cleveland's locker room during the portion open to the media.

Givens told Cleveland.com that he was outside greeting people when Edwards approached him.

"Braylon comes up and started saying things, degrading me," Givens said. "He said if it wasn't for LeBron [James] or the Four Horsemen [James' friends and business partners], I wouldn't have what I have, nor would I be able to get girls. Everyone knows Braylon has a problem with LeBron.

"So I had to speak up for myself. The conversation started to escalate. As some of his teammates started to pull him back, he punched me. As long as

I've known Braylon, I've allowed him and his friends to come into our events free of charge. Whatever jealousy he has with LeBron, he felt he needed to take it out on me."

Edwards did not catch a pass in Sunday's 23-20 overtime loss to Cincinnati. It was the first time in 62 career games Edwards did not have at least one reception.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4534215

Ok...enlighten me as to why he is a terrible person now. I'm sure people can come up with 100 reasons.

ProdigyI
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
He thinks he is Jay-Z and Stevenson is Soulja boy

He thinks Edwards did that because he is "jelous" of him even though he is a pro-bowl reciever and doing just fine.

He doesn't shake hands with the Magic.

Im sensing a BIG EGO problem here.

....but you did ask to name things wrong with him so i did

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Lebron smells....eeeeewwwww. yuckkkyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

wutever, this article is just another collaboration of Lebron and BSPN

ManRam
10-05-2009, 06:30 PM

He thinks Edwards did that because he is "jelous" of him even though he is a pro-bowl reciever and doing just fine.

Stevenson is easily the worst player in the league...LeBron is top 2.

Edwards is on the Browns, and 1/100th of the star LBJ is...and just punched out his friend.

Watch the playoffs...the majority of players don't. We only care b/c it's LeBron.

LeBron was the consummate role model his first 4-5 years...and all of a sudden a few VERY minor things happen, and he's a terrible person...when he's never done anything wrong. He is a better person than 95% of the league. Who cares if the media loves him? That's not his fault. It's amazing how when you get to the top, everyone tries to rip you down...as hard as possible.

I love LeBron bashing...it's just so funny to me. Compared to Russell, Jordan, Kobe, KG, Malone, Lambier, Stockton, Melo, Kidd, Iverson, Artest, Randolph, Damon Stodamire, Rodman...I can go on forever...LeBron is a saint.

If that's the worst you can come up with, that's laughable. Why does he get all the ****, and everyone gets off so easy?

ZebraCity916
10-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Stevenson is easily the worst player in the league...LeBron is top 2.

Edwards is on the Browns, and 1/100th of the star LBJ is...and just punched out his friend.

Watch the playoffs...the majority of players don't. We only care b/c it's LeBron.

LeBron was the consummate role model his first 4-5 years...and all of a sudden a few VERY minor things happen, and he's a terrible person...when he's never done anything wrong. He is a better person than 95% of the league. Who cares if the media loves him? That's not his fault. It's amazing how when you get to the top, everyone tries to rip you down...as hard as possible.

I love LeBron bashing...it's just so funny to me. Compared to Russell, Jordan, Kobe, KG, Malone, Lambier, Stockton, Melo, Kidd, Iverson, Artest, Randolph, Damon Stodamire, Rodman...I can go on forever...LeBron is a saint.

If that's the worst you can come up with, that's laughable. Why does he get all the ****, and everyone gets off so easy?

:clap:

ThuglifeJ
10-05-2009, 06:52 PM
ManRam couldnt be more annoying about riding LeBron's di*k. (btw he's going to respond to this saying, "OMG HOW am I riding his dick? For respecting a guy that deserves to be treated.....etc.."

btw LeBron would be egging on fights with lesser Cleveland athletes. He's trying to kill off any competition in his way to becoming a demi god.

LeBron is childish, he was dissing his friends weight of 130 pounds. "My friend is just a little 130 pound child to me. He's not big and powerful as I am. I hang out with him to make me look more like a god given gift."

ChiSox219
10-05-2009, 07:14 PM
People like to hate greatness, call it jealousy.

1-800-STFU
10-05-2009, 07:17 PM
LeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLe BronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBr onLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBron LeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLe BronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBr onLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBron LeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBron

NYtilIdie
10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
ManRam couldnt be more annoying about riding LeBron's di*k. (btw he's going to respond to this saying, "OMG HOW am I riding his dick? For respecting a guy that deserves to be treated.....etc.."

btw LeBron would be egging on fights with lesser Cleveland athletes. He's trying to kill off any competition in his way to becoming a demi god.

LeBron is childish, he was dissing his friends weight of 130 pounds. My friend is just a little 130 pound child to me. He's not big and powerful as I am. I hang out with him to make me look more like a god given gift."

I've never said anything to Braylon at all. But for him to do that is very childish. My friend is 130 pounds.

What the hell are you reading?

I think Braylon is jealous cause he realises that if Cleveland is ever going win a championship its going to be because of Lebron. Thats why Cleveland looks at Lebron like he's god. While the Browns are still looking for their 1st win and QB of the future.

ugafan
10-05-2009, 08:04 PM
LeBron would also **** on Braylon as a receiver.

JabberJaw
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Why does he get all the ****, and everyone gets off so easy?

Why does he get handed so much praise, before ever earning it? He is given stupid comparisons to Jordan and Kobe, and hasn't even hit 24 yet. Those guys have been doing it for a long time, not 5 years. If he can keep this up for another 5 then throw him in the discussion. Look at guys like McDyess, Kemp and Anfernee Hardaway who were BEASTS (Not as dominant as Lebron, but for comparison sake were toward the tops at their position). Once they suffered a serious injury they weren't in the discussion of the "greats" anymore. As much as it irritates me with all the premature praise, it is also pretty sad that he is being dealt so much pressure at such a young age. Let him earn his legacy without it being predetermined.

I have no problem with what Lebron said, besides the fact that he automatically thinks it's because "he's jealous" of him. Maybe he just doesn't like Lebron. Its like, get over yourself. Nothing in what was reported suggests anything about being jealous. Maybe Lebrons little friend was popping off at the mouth. Who really knows? But to assume it is jealousy shows how arrogant the dude really is. A great talent, but has real suspect character....which has recently started leaking out (no handshake, hiding the video, etc...)

theuuord
10-05-2009, 08:37 PM
i heard LeBron punched Jesus in the face.

MackSnackWrap
10-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Wow man why the *** does everybody hate on this guy

MiamiHeat
10-05-2009, 08:54 PM
oh great another Lebron James thread
just what we needed

:clap:

theuuord
10-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Why does he get handed so much praise, before ever earning it? He is given stupid comparisons to Jordan and Kobe, and hasn't even hit 24 yet. Those guys have been doing it for a long time, not 5 years. If he can keep this up for another 5 then throw him in the discussion. Look at guys like McDyess, Kemp and Anfernee Hardaway who were BEASTS (Not as dominant as Lebron, but for comparison sake were toward the tops at their position). Once they suffered a serious injury they weren't in the discussion of the "greats" anymore. As much as it irritates me with all the premature praise, it is also pretty sad that he is being dealt so much pressure at such a young age. Let him earn his legacy without it being predetermined.

I have no problem with what Lebron said, besides the fact that he automatically thinks it's because "he's jealous" of him. Maybe he just doesn't like Lebron. Its like, get over yourself. Nothing in what was reported suggests anything about being jealous. Maybe Lebrons little friend was popping off at the mouth. Who really knows? But to assume it is jealousy shows how arrogant the dude really is. A great talent, but has real suspect character....which has recently started leaking out (no handshake, hiding the video, etc...)

LeBron had nothing to do with hiding the video, and the handshake thing has been overblown soooooo much.

everyone talks about his suspect character, but how many people here have actually met LeBron?
Am I the only one?

ko8e24
10-05-2009, 09:16 PM
LeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLe BronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBr onLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBron LeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLe BronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBr onLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBron LeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBronLeBron

hahahahaa, is that you Lil Dez?

ManRam
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM

Ok. He isn't as good as Jordan, or Kobe. He's still better than 99.8% of everyone else who played the game, and better than everyone currently than Kobe. He's also extremely marketable. So why shouldn't he be in the limelight? Oh yeah, he's got an MVP (a younger age than Kobe and Jordan), carried a terrible team to the Finals at the age of 22, led a weak supporting cast to the best record in the league last year...So just because he's young, he shouldn't get any props?? His 30/7/7 season means nothing?

It's a team game. His best player has been Z...a slow, unathletic, low FG% big man who gets bullied like it's his job. Give him a solid #2, and it's game over for the league. Game. Over.

Quick question...what basketball player ever had the biggest ego in all of sports. Answer: Jordan. Sure, he backed it up...but at this age, LeBron and Jordan's careers are very, very similar.

It's just not fair (not to sound like a whiny 5 year old) that every thing he does gets blown way out of proportion. If anyone else was dunked on, and Nike didn't release the tapes, would anyone even know about it? NO! The 80% of players that don't shake hands ever are never ridiculed. OMG! LeBron makes a ton of money, and is on TV all the time, hosting events...blah blah blah. That doesn't make him a bad person.

Nothing he's done makes him a bad person, especially when you compare him to every other NBA athlete.

And for the record, I hated LeBron before I came to this site. The haters made me a lover.

MrFastBreak
10-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Obviously Edwards has a problem with LeBron for whatever reason and took it out in his friend.
But why didnt he go to LeBron? Is he scared of 250 pounded LeBron?

Raph12
10-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Lebron's immature, see these pics for proof:
http://ratemyfresh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lebron-wearin-mvp-shirt.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0621_lebron_57433ex_james_b-gr_01.jpg

It doesn't make him a bad guy, just an immensely gifted, immature kid. Give him some time, I'm sure he'll come around eventually.

TheKing23
10-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Lebron's immature, see these pics for proof:
http://ratemyfresh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lebron-wearin-mvp-shirt.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0621_lebron_57433ex_james_b-gr_01.jpg

It doesn't make him a bad guy, just an immensely gifted, immature kid. Give him some time, I'm sure he'll come around eventually.

Ok, so your judging someone's maturity on two t-shirts they wore in the summer...

Have you ever met the guy?? Have you spent enough time with him to forge a solid, unbiased opinion...? NO! So how can you make such solid judgements like "LeBron's immature" without even talking to him???

Oh yeah, it's because of the way he dresses...

JabberJaw
10-06-2009, 01:36 AM
LeBron had nothing to do with hiding the video, and the handshake thing has been overblown soooooo much.

everyone talks about his suspect character, but how many people here have actually met LeBron?
Am I the only one?

No. I actually saw him at the Beverly Hills Hilton, during his rookie season. He was there, with a ton of other nba players, for the Magic Johnson charity game. Anyways, I met Chris Bosh there and he was totally cool. He spoke to me for a minute. Then I saw Lebron and sat in the same lounge area as him, but behind him. And he got about about 5 minutes after I sat down, walked about 75-100 feet to the door to the valet....the whole time staring (mad dogging) at me the entire way. Gets to the door and shakes his head, like he's pissed or something. My friends were like "what the heck did you do to him?". I didn't do anything but look at him for like 10 seconds as i walked by him. Dude just seemed to have an attitude.
Anyways, the non-handshake is not overblown. Can you imagine if Kobe did that? You would hear about it FOREVER. It is a major character flaw. Do you think that guys enjoy congratulating someone that just beat you to your ultimate goal? It's a sign of good sportsmanship. Everyone knows youre upset, but you have seen superstars shake hands and speak to the media while they're crying. It happens. It's just a show of very poor sportsmanship. There has been a few instances where I have heard Lebron being a punk to fans and/or other players. Not taking anything from his game, but he seems to have some noticeable character flaws. And the Braylon Edwards situation seems to be another one. Not that he had to do anything with the fight, but the fact that he is so high on himself to suggest that it has to be "jealousy" when they have never even met. I dunno. Just an opinion

stawka
10-06-2009, 01:51 AM
People are fighting with LeBron's friends. Cleveland is such a bad place. This will DEFINITELY force LeBron to go to New York in 2010 :rolleyes: Go on New York fans - SING IT WITH ME!

JabberJaw
10-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Ok. He isn't as good as Jordan, or Kobe. He's still better than 99.8% of everyone else who played the game, and better than everyone currently than Kobe. He's also extremely marketable. So why shouldn't he be in the limelight? Oh yeah, he's got an MVP (a younger age than Kobe and Jordan), carried a terrible team to the Finals at the age of 22, led a weak supporting cast to the best record in the league last year...So just because he's young, he shouldn't get any props?? His 30/7/7 season means nothing?

It's a team game. His best player has been Z...a slow, unathletic, low FG% big man who gets bullied like it's his job. Give him a solid #2, and it's game over for the league. Game. Over.

Quick question...what basketball player ever had the biggest ego in all of sports. Answer: Jordan. Sure, he backed it up...but at this age, LeBron and Jordan's careers are very, very similar.

It's just not fair (not to sound like a whiny 5 year old) that every thing he does gets blown way out of proportion. If anyone else was dunked on, and Nike didn't release the tapes, would anyone even know about it? NO! The 80% of players that don't shake hands ever are never ridiculed. OMG! LeBron makes a ton of money, and is on TV all the time, hosting events...blah blah blah. That doesn't make him a bad person.

Nothing he's done makes him a bad person, especially when you compare him to every other NBA athlete.

And for the record, I hated LeBron before I came to this site. The haters made me a lover.

If you read my post entirely I said that if he can keep it up for another 5 years that he should be considered in the class with Jordan and Kobe. He is being called "the King", when he is not even the best in the league. You just admitted that he "isn't as good as Jordon or Kobe". With Kobe still playing, then he should take the crown from the current "king" right? I am not slamming Lebrons game at all. The guy is a mismatch for everyone in the league. He has just been given things so early. While he did earn the MVP, he was looked at as if he has been snubbed before or something. It took Kobe until 2008 to get his first MVP and he should have had a few already, EASY. It's like people are in such a rush to give this guy things, when he hasn't earned them yet.
Another point you made was that he took a team to the finals, while he did beat a good Pistons team, the East was horrible that year. It might have been the worst I have seen as far as difference between the East and the West. And it showed in the finals when they were clearly outclassed, and never even seemed to have a chance. Then he led a team with another all-star in Mo Williams to a 66 wins in the EC (still not as tough as the West) and aside from a buzzer beater, lost 4-1 to a team that lost handily in the finals. People say "he has nobody on his team" and Lebron did this and that...You put the Cavs in the West and they are a middle of the pack playoff team. Only the top 3 teams in the East are real teams. While Lebron is on his way to becoming the King of the league, he is not there yet.
The guy is phenominal and could someday end up being the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball....or he could get injured and end up being Penny Hardaway. The rest is yet to be determined. Let the dude earn his way. With good health, he should be a top 3 player of all time.

Raph12
10-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Ok, so your judging someone's maturity on two t-shirts they wore in the summer...

Have you ever met the guy?? Have you spent enough time with him to forge a solid, unbiased opinion...? NO! So how can you make such solid judgements like "LeBron's immature" without even talking to him???

Keep your panties dry babe, that was just an example. A lot of reasons why I think Lebron is immature, too late to get into it. I'll post it up tomorrow.

D-Leethal
10-06-2009, 02:08 AM
its quite simple.........99% of the hate comes from LA fans (who seem to be the most immature bunch on this site, sorry to the guys who are respectable when they post but the majority of LA/Kobe fans give you guys a bad name), and they get their panties in a bunch whenever someone thinks there is a player better than their god Kobe Jesus Bryant. They feel threatened by Lebrons greatness

OA SLAY
10-06-2009, 07:37 AM

HAHA you obviouslyhavent seen a BROWNS game this Year.:rolleyes:

Ace33Bone
10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
LeBron would also **** on Braylon as a receiver.

x2 :clap:

ryanXpress
10-06-2009, 08:31 AM

How bout walkin off the court after the loss to the magic in the playoffs..did he talk to the media? and these t-shirts that he wears shows his character, u think that if he didnt have an ego the size of Texas he would wear them?? and u make judgements based on wat the media shows, it shows him being full of himself and cant accept a loss or any call against him.. those are signs of immaturity

theuuord
10-06-2009, 08:45 AM
No. I actually saw him at the Beverly Hills Hilton, during his rookie season. He was there, with a ton of other nba players, for the Magic Johnson charity game. Anyways, I met Chris Bosh there and he was totally cool. He spoke to me for a minute. Then I saw Lebron and sat in the same lounge area as him, but behind him. And he got about about 5 minutes after I sat down, walked about 75-100 feet to the door to the valet....the whole time staring (mad dogging) at me the entire way. Gets to the door and shakes his head, like he's pissed or something. My friends were like "what the heck did you do to him?". I didn't do anything but look at him for like 10 seconds as i walked by him. Dude just seemed to have an attitude.
Anyways, the non-handshake is not overblown. Can you imagine if Kobe did that? You would hear about it FOREVER. It is a major character flaw. Do you think that guys enjoy congratulating someone that just beat you to your ultimate goal? It's a sign of good sportsmanship. Everyone knows youre upset, but you have seen superstars shake hands and speak to the media while they're crying. It happens. It's just a show of very poor sportsmanship. There has been a few instances where I have heard Lebron being a punk to fans and/or other players. Not taking anything from his game, but he seems to have some noticeable character flaws. And the Braylon Edwards situation seems to be another one. Not that he had to do anything with the fight, but the fact that he is so high on himself to suggest that it has to be "jealousy" when they have never even met. I dunno. Just an opinion

Funny, I met LeBron and had the opposite experience. He's obviously confident in himself (would YOU be fully humble if you were LeBron?) but he was funny, he controlled the crowd, signed autographs, took pictures, and spent time with the kids. Definitely didn't stare at anyone angrily.
One kid even chased him down for an autograph as he was leaving and LeBron smiled and gave one to him.

& the handshake thing IS overblown. It's pretty much 50% of what people talk about when they try to explain why they think LeBron is a dick, and it was one moment of his six-year career. And it wasn't even really a dick move.

theuuord
10-06-2009, 08:47 AM
How bout walkin off the court after the loss to the magic in the playoffs..did he talk to the media? and these t-shirts that he wears shows his character, u think that if he didnt have an ego the size of Texas he would wear them?? and u make judgements based on wat the media shows, it shows him being full of himself and cant accept a loss or any call against him.. those are signs of immaturity

No, a sign of immaturity is choking your coach. Being mad after a loss when you've been the most hyped player on one of the best teams in basketball is called "human nature."

I swear to God if Paul O'Neill had done something like this in baseball he would have been called a "proud warrior" or something. (Actually, I'm pretty sure he did, and was.)