PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty a next years draft...

AI4MVP
10-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Im just asking you guys to play GM for a second...

So we all know John Wall is the consensus number one pick next year

so what happens if a team like the bucks, kings, or twolves get the number one pick??

the bucks have said that Brandon Jennings is the future of the franchise, and there not going to want to draft a point guard with the first pick if Brandon Jennings has a Derrick-Rose like rookie year(which hes very capable of)

the kings just drafted Tyreke Evans and hes there point guard of the future

and the twoles, come on. they have the rights to 3 point guards of the future in Sessions, Flynn, and Rubio. There not going to draft Wall and have Sessions, Flynn, Rubio, AND Wall.

So what would you do if you were in those teams positions? trade the pick for an all star player? trade down maybe 1 or 2 spots?

If i was the Bucks, i would go ahead and draft Derrick Favors or Dontas Motiejunas

Kings, id draft Dontas Motiejunas

Twolvs, Derrick Favor

I really do believe that after John Wall that Dontas Motiejunas is the prize of the draft. Ive seen him play and i honestly see no bust potential in him. I really do beleve hes the next Dirk/Pau, and if any of u have seen him play youd prolly agree. kids a boss

anyways..what would u guys do?

abe_froman
10-05-2009, 04:04 PM
pick him and put him at the 2(which is better fit for him anyways),or trade the pg you already have for a star.but you pick him

give you two examples,why you dont pick need and you follow the red auerbach strategy(you dont draft need,you draft bpa.sort the rest out after) from my own team:there would be no mj and no rose

JermanJaysFan
10-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Wait a year until the draft comes, so I can

a) See if I am a lottery team
b) Size up my players better
c) Size up Wall and other options better

Hawkeye15
10-05-2009, 04:15 PM
If the Wolves are bad enough to get the #1 pick and John Wall is the consensus #1, they take him. I understand most of you don't grasp the actual term "value", from the constant criticism of the Wolves taking PG's this year.
Here it is for you: When you are a 22-60 team, you have a lot of needs. You don't take a SF because you need a SF, if there are players rated higher. You take BEST AVAILBLE and it figures itself out.

Faneik
10-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Draft the best player available and then balance the roster via trades/free agents.

JWO35
10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Draft him and then Trade him to another team in need of a PG
Just Draft him and put him a SG
Trade the Pick before the Draft
Draft for Need not best available

what54!?
10-05-2009, 05:17 PM
take him, he's the best player available. He's gonna have value.

PrettyBoyJ
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I Draft John Wall Anyway and trade his rights away for a player that can help my team

abe_froman
10-05-2009, 05:49 PM
I Draft John Wall Anyway and trade his rights away for a player that can help my team
i really think he'll be better thaqn jennings,flynn,evans.so why not keep him and trade them?

AI4MVP
10-05-2009, 09:29 PM
i really think he'll be better thaqn jennings,flynn,evans.so why not keep him and trade them?

because if they prove they can be the future point guard of the franchise, u dont want to trade them because you THINK someone else COULD be better. its high risk high reward

The_Pharouh
10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Trade down to get the guy i want with another player
or trade the rights for a star
if the GM wasn't able to get one of those done take him anyway

Hellcrooner
10-05-2009, 11:53 PM
if wovles get the pick they will draft him trade sessing for some future pick and sell rubios rights to New york who will proably overpay.

Then send fLynn to the bench wich anyway is where he will eventualy end when rubio gets in

Raph12
10-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Im just asking you guys to play GM for a second...

So we all know John Wall is the consensus number one pick next year

so what happens if a team like the bucks, kings, or twolves get the number one pick??

the bucks have said that Brandon Jennings is the future of the franchise, and there not going to want to draft a point guard with the first pick if Brandon Jennings has a Derrick-Rose like rookie year(which hes very capable of)

the kings just drafted Tyreke Evans and hes there point guard of the future

and the twoles, come on. they have the rights to 3 point guards of the future in Sessions, Flynn, and Rubio. There not going to draft Wall and have Sessions, Flynn, Rubio, AND Wall.

So what would you do if you were in those teams positions? trade the pick for an all star player? trade down maybe 1 or 2 spots?

If i was the Bucks, i would go ahead and draft Derrick Favors or Dontas Motiejunas

Kings, id draft Dontas Motiejunas

Twolvs, Derrick Favor

I really do believe that after John Wall that Dontas Motiejunas is the prize of the draft. Ive seen him play and i honestly see no bust potential in him. I really do beleve hes the next Dirk/Pau, and if any of u have seen him play youd prolly agree. kids a boss

anyways..what would u guys do?

Easy, draft John Wall and then trade him for a solid player.

AI4MVP
10-06-2009, 05:12 AM
yeah like i said id prolly just trade down and get either favors or donatas..

the thing is, how many teams need a good young point nowa days? its seems most teams are pretty well at the position. the only team that really jumps at me is the New York Knicks. Especially in that system where a good point guard makes u that much better. but the knicks just dont have the assests to trade for Wall..but not having the assests to make a trade for wall could also mean they dont have the assests to win alot of games. who knows. maybe New York ends up with the first pick and drafts Wall. thatd be the perfect sitution for both ny and wall

TheDiggler
10-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Draft the best player available and then balance the roster via trades/free agents.

x2 :)

Wake's Fastball
10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I think Ed Davis deserves a run as a featured player for UNC before writing in Wall as the clear #1.

abe_froman
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
because if they prove they can be the future point guard of the franchise, u dont want to trade them because you THINK someone else COULD be better. its high risk high reward

better than wall?:eyebrow:

AI4MVP
10-06-2009, 03:40 PM
better than wall?

dude. it makes sense. if u have rubio, or jennings,or flynn and they do great for u and u know there the future at point guard and ur perfectly fine with that then u dont want to ruin that because john wall MIGHT be better.

abe_froman
10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
dude. it makes sense. if u have rubio, or jennings,or flynn and they do great for u and u know there the future at point guard and ur perfectly fine with that then u dont want to ruin that because john wall MIGHT be better.

dude,no it doesnt.by your logic in 08 the bulls shouldnt have drafted rose(who goes on to win roy),as they already had hinrich.

you take that chance because thats how you get better

AI4MVP
10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
dude,no it doesnt.by your logic in 08 the bulls shouldnt have drafted rose(who goes on to win roy),as they already had hinrich.

you take that chance because thats how you get better

i see what you mean, and you are right. but the bulls knew by all measures that rose is better then hinrich. hinrich wasnt a once in a life time player. im sayin IF either of the rookie point guards this year show that they are future all stars(which i dont think hinrich showed), then itd be a risk. but lets say if the kings really honestly thought noting good would come out of tyrke evans, then itd be an easy decision to pick wall

abe_froman
10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
i see what you mean, and you are right. but the bulls knew by all measures that rose is better then hinrich. hinrich wasnt a once in a life time player. im sayin IF either of the rookie point guards this year show that they are future all stars(which i dont think hinrich showed), then itd be a risk. but lets say if the kings really honestly thought noting good would come out of tyrke evans, then itd be an easy decision to pick wall
i'll give you another and the most famous example:blazer have all star clyde so lets pass on mj;bulls have all star in theus,and thus dont need a sg,but take mj...we know the rest of that story.we know that wall is a once player,going to be better than anything in the 09 class..so do you really wanna be the trailblazers

Hellcrooner
10-06-2009, 05:06 PM
mm how go is wall doing against some competition in ncaa now''?

HiphopRelated
10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Why would the Wolves draft Favors when they have Love and Al?

AI4MVP
10-06-2009, 06:06 PM
yeah but dont u agree it cud also backfire?? wat if brandon jennings has a great rookie season, but the bucks trade him because they want john wall who they arent sure will do as good as bj in the nba, and then he turns out to be a bust and brandon jennings could end up an all star.

it cud backfire either way. thats why its a hard decision.

blams
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Awesome Title. :laugh2:

AI4MVP
10-06-2009, 06:17 PM
ok it seems u guys dont understand what the heck i mean by this. especially u guys that are saying "trade blah blah blah and keep john wall"

perfect situation that came across my mind:

for those of you who dont know, and something i just remeber that popped into my head, is that the Utah Jazz own the new york knicks first round pick. lets say the knicks get the first pick, which really is the jazz getting the first pick.

so the jazz have the first pick, nd john wall is the best available player. but the jazz have deron williams!

now what?? exactly. that michael jordan situation comparison doesnt really work now.

Hellcrooner
10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
jazz? they pick the player, ahve him sub deron for a season and check he is the real deal.

If he isnt they showcase him a bit an trade him for other thing.

if he IS they swap Deron for an all star and some picks.

JNA17
10-06-2009, 07:18 PM
The only team that would be dumb enough to take another pg even though they have like 3 already and 4 in 2 years is the wolves.

But any other team should take john wall at number 1

JNA17
10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
ok it seems u guys dont understand what the heck i mean by this. especially u guys that are saying "trade blah blah blah and keep john wall"

perfect situation that came across my mind:

for those of you who dont know, and something i just remeber that popped into my head, is that the Utah Jazz own the new york knicks first round pick. lets say the knicks get the first pick, which really is the jazz getting the first pick.

so the jazz have the first pick, nd john wall is the best available player. but the jazz have deron williams!

now what?? exactly. that michael jordan situation comparison doesnt really work now.

i would either take the best guy in another position or trade the pick. U always fill ur future with not only the best talent but the best talent in ALL POSITIONS, NOT 1!!!!!!

AI4MVP
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
yeah im pretty confident that if the jazz end up with the number one pick that they will NOT take john wall

sofargone
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Wait a year until the draft comes, so I can

a) See if I am a lottery team
b) Size up my players better
c) Size up Wall and other options better

this

RaptorizedKevin
10-06-2009, 11:20 PM
well even if a team is stacked on the pg, they should move one of their current pgs and acuire this john wall guy. just like teh clippers did by moving randolph. Or trade the pic for a solid veteran. by the way im sure the knicks might get this or the nets, who are big contenders for free agents in 2010. and im sure if the knicks get the first pick they take him. sign lebron, sign bosh. and a veteran two and centre. and the bench, who gives a crap.

Ace33Bone
10-07-2009, 08:57 AM
I think that if you are the Bucks, Kings or Wolves you still take Walls and this is my reasons why

1) Bucks- Walls and Jennings can coexist.... Jennings can easily control the PG and Walls can run the SG... It is evident that the Bucks will probably lose Redd next year so what better way to start rebuilding than having 2 promising prospects in the backcourt together... This will #1 bring excitment back to Milwauke where it is vastly needed and I think that this is a good cornerstone to start with

2) Kings- This may not be the perfect fit for Walls especially after getting evans in the 09 draft... But I would still draft him and get a big for Udrich or whatever I can get for him at the time.... Then I would use a 3 guard rotation with Walls, Evans & Martin

3) T-Wolves- He's a PG... need I say more?