PDA

View Full Version : Bosh <3 NY

.Juice.
10-04-2009, 08:29 PM
In a short question and answer session, Chris Bosh revealed New York is his favorite road destination. "New York," Bosh said when asked what the best road city is in the NBA.
Toronto Star (http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/article/705090)

I predict Bosh and James both sign with the Nets or the Knicks next summer. This only adds to that likelihood.

Evolution23
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
maybe?

jrice9
10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Well Toronto couldnt count as a road city. So sure New York is his favourite city over Miamii, Chicago, Dallas and possibly even Toronto but favourite city isnt the only factor

D Roses Bulls
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM

I predict Bosh and James both sign with the Nets or the Knicks next summer. This only adds to that likelihood.

and i predict you will be wrong with both. bosh will sign with miami or chicago. james will stay with the cavs

JordansBulls
10-04-2009, 09:38 PM

That's fine as long as Chicago gets Wade and Amare.:D

D Roses Bulls
10-04-2009, 09:42 PM

i think the bulls have a better shot at bosh then amare, but who knows. if wade came, i swear i will buy season tickets

.Juice.
10-04-2009, 09:43 PM
and i predict you will be wrong with both. bosh will sign with miami or chicago. james will stay with the cavs
I could see Bosh in Miami, but there's no way LeBron sticks with Cleveland.

:pity:

mjt20mik
10-04-2009, 09:58 PM

LMAO. Why would Bosh leave the Raptors to play with the Bulls? I understand him leaving to play with Wade or Lebron.

DC Sports Fan
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
If I was Bosh I wouldn't want to play in Toronto either, no offense.

ChitownbullsBG7
10-04-2009, 10:06 PM
LMAO. Why would Bosh leave the Raptors to play with the Bulls? I understand him leaving to play with Wade or Lebron.

Ever heard of a kid named Derrick Rose?

MaHaRaJaH
10-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Just like when Lebron was in a NY Gas station

SA5195
10-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Ya but didn't you see the video of him laughing his *** off when a dude said "Bosh you should sign with NY"

Plus y'all got Jordan Hill.

Trouble87
10-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't blame Bosh for this move... he's using NY to milk more cash out of Toronto

Players should be banned from making comments about other cities to the press. This will do nothing but create more rumors & speculation

Nexus
10-04-2009, 10:54 PM

Why's that? Have you been to Toronto?

And what a stupid article.

sofargone
10-04-2009, 10:57 PM

yuuuh toronto is the 4th biggest city in between the us and canada and has lots of **** to do there. trust. i would know

DC Sports Fan
10-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Why's that? Have you been to Toronto?

And what a stupid article.

Yeah I've been to Toronto and liked it, I'm not trying to diss the city.

yuuuh toronto is the 4th biggest city in between the us and canada and has lots of **** to do there. trust. i would know

My point is if I'm a star basketball player Toronto isn't the place where my name could get out and its not exactly a basketball place.

Shady66
I don't blame Bosh for this move... he's using NY to milk more cash out of Toronto

Players should be banned from making comments about other cities to the press. This will do nothing but create more rumors & speculation

Maybe interviewers should be banned from asking those questions

Ty Fast

Its not the city, itís the system. They have NO defense and it doesnít matter how good your offense is, you have to be able to play defense. Look at Phoenix.

Ty Fast
my picture is bosh in a bulls jersey

unk88
10-04-2009, 11:05 PM
yeah, theres agood chance bosh stays in tornto, and if he does leave, i hope we rip off chi town or the heat

nipo10847
10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I could see Bosh in Miami, but there's no way LeBron sticks with Cleveland.

:pity:

what makes u think that LBJ will leave his HOMETOWN and one of the best teams in the league for a garbage team???????...What do u giyz have in NY for him?? A glamorous city and what???? .....Lebron doesn't need to go to NY for endorsements, rather the endorsements will follow him whereever he goes, even if it's a village..bcz hi s name is LEBRON "KING" JAMES.

sofargone
10-04-2009, 11:14 PM

My point is if I'm a star basketball player Toronto isn't the place where my name could get out and its not exactly a basketball place.

worked for VC and its working for bosh :shrug:

nba~GURU~
10-04-2009, 11:17 PM
LOL this is the dumbest article ever all he said was its his favorite road city.. obvoiusly new york is amazing what does that have to do with playing basketball there or add to any speculation at all :S.. all he said is he likes going there lol i like going to new york as well its a great city does that mean ima sign for the knicks next summer? LOL stupidest assumption ever

nipo10847
10-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Bosh to Miami bcz Pat Riley is a genious and we have D Wade.

nipo10847
10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
and lmao at some of NY fans (not all)...i think they will b shocked in 2010. Their best chance is Amare. No LBJ, and no Wade. Wade already said he doesn't like NY's weather when asked for his destination as NY. And I think Bosh is looking to pair up with wade or king james. He doesn't mind to b the second man behind both of them for championships. Amare could well be the man in NY since he alwayz wants to b the man.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-04-2009, 11:24 PM
I love NY too.

So what?

clutchski
10-04-2009, 11:26 PM

Do you non raptor fans know why this info comes from the Star? Because it means absolutely nothing, it's one quote out of a hundred that happened from Bosh in a day of training camp.

Seeming 95% of his comments are genuine about Toronto it's almost laughable how much people on PSD immediately assume he's leaving his life in Toronto.

Nexus
10-04-2009, 11:27 PM

After that first sentence I thought you were going to say how Toronto can't win during Bosh's prime with the pieces around him. Which is fair, everyone's entitled to their opinion (mine isn't necessrily different)

However, based purely on a sponsorship standpoint, Toronto is pretty god damn lucrative. Granted, his name might not be as known as it would be in New York because of the increased national and international coverage.

But yeah, Toronto is nice. Having said that, I want to move somewhere warmer haha.

B-Ray
10-04-2009, 11:27 PM

The Toronto Star, a local Toronto newspaper, has been running Raptor player spotlights this week. And every player was asked what their favourite road city was.

I wouldn't look to deep into these comments made by Bosh.

Halladay
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM

No offense? Honestly, so many Americans have so much air between their ears they have no idea. 99% of the Americans who say "who the hell wants to play in Toronto/Canada" don't have a clue as to what they're talking about and probably have never even left their own state meanwhile, left their country.

D-Leethal
10-04-2009, 11:51 PM
what makes u think that LBJ will leave his HOMETOWN and one of the best teams in the league for a garbage team???????...What do u giyz have in NY for him?? A glamorous city and what???? .....Lebron doesn't need to go to NY for endorsements, rather the endorsements will follow him whereever he goes, even if it's a village..bcz hi s name is LEBRON "KING" JAMES.

Cavs have a good team now but how many years do you honestly think they have before there window is shut hard, I'd say this year is their last shot. Shaq is on his last legs, big Z can't move anymore, you wasted a good deal of cap space on sideshow bob , Mo Williams is a good 3rd or 4th option, you have no young talent, your coach is garbage and you have a cheap owner.........NY has a much brighter future at this point

No offense? Honestly, so many Americans have so much air between their ears they have no idea. 99% of the Americans who say "who the hell wants to play in Toronto/Canada" don't have a clue as to what they're talking about and probably have never even left their own state meanwhile, left their country.

I've beenall over the world, currently studying in new zealand, and I wouldn't want to play in Toronto if I was a superstar. Theres a reason you don't see Bosh in commercials, ads, guest appearances on primetime talk shows etc. My girlfriend knows who Lebron, Kobe, Wade etc are, but you ask a normal American who Chris Bosh is and they would have no idea

Trouble87
10-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Maybe interviewers should be banned from asking those questions

either way

Gibby
10-04-2009, 11:55 PM
i dont why people assume Bosh would want to be a 2nd option to wade or james. if youve heard his interviews, he has said he wants to be the guy that a team will build around.

Gibby
10-04-2009, 11:59 PM

are you serious? so he cant mention anything about any other city than toronto? There was nothing here suggested that he was talking about were he would play in 2010. This was a simple question and people are reading too much into it.

DC Sports Fan
10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
worked for VC and its working for bosh :shrug:

How'd it work for VC he wanted out after a while.

BkOriginalOne
10-05-2009, 12:08 AM
While watching the Knicks/Nets game today, I was actually think that James and Bosh would sign with either the Knicks or Nets.

abe_froman
10-05-2009, 12:14 AM
i bet bet he does,he was asked a question and answered it.i get everyone is antsy and all.whats next rummaging through his trash,analyzing week old pizza crusts in hopes that it will tell you if he's going ny

the truth is;he himself probably hasnt made a decision yet(just like the others),opting to wait how the season pans out(not only for his team but the others)and who makes the best selling points in the offseason..but still having fun at playing with this and all of you

Gibby
10-05-2009, 12:16 AM
How'd it work for VC he wanted out after a while.

you've said toronto isn't the place to get your name out. VC did get his name out in toronto or else how could have been voted into so many all star games as a raptor.

DC Sports Fan
10-05-2009, 12:28 AM
you've said toronto isn't the place to get your name out. VC did get his name out in toronto or else how could have been voted into so many all star games as a raptor.

LOL he didn't get his name out by playing for Toronto he got his name out by the Dunk Contest.

ink
10-05-2009, 12:31 AM
My girlfriend knows who Lebron, Kobe, Wade etc are, but you ask a normal American who Chris Bosh is and they would have no idea

Maybe because Bosh is a tier two star. :shrug: Lebron, Kobe, and Wade are among the top stars in the NBA. Bosh isn't. That would probably explain why a non-basketball fan doesn't know who he is. Doesn't prove anything about Toronto, just about Bosh not being top calibre.

How many of these ridiculous threads are we going to have anyway? Anyone want to close it? I don't see the need. It just pisses people off and starts fights.

Gibby
10-05-2009, 12:42 AM
LOL he didn't get his name out by playing for Toronto he got his name out by the Dunk Contest.

he was the leading vote-getter for the 2000 ASG, before he won the slam dunk comptetition. so he got his name out before winning the slam dunk competition.

mjt20mik
10-05-2009, 12:43 AM

8-time NBA All-Star selection: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Carter

The same year he won the dunk off, he made it to the all-star team. And that was his sophomore year in the NBA. Please the next time you try to prove someone wrong, try to use sources. Don't just assume stuff.

Ergo, Toronto put Vince Carter on the map, not the dunk off. Cause he made it to the All-Star team prior to winning the dunk competition.

mjt20mik
10-05-2009, 12:43 AM
he was the leading vote-getter for the 2000 ASG, before he won the slam dunk comptetition. so he got his name out before winning the slam dunk competition.

aww you beat me too it :(

D Roses Bulls
10-05-2009, 01:07 AM

because its been said over and over again, his family says it and his best friends keep on saying that chicago is boshs first choice for free agency. they have been saying it for over a year now. dont know how you missed it

Gibby
10-05-2009, 01:37 AM
because its been said over and over again, his family says it and his best friends keep on saying that chicago is boshs first choice for free agency. they have been saying it for over a year now. dont know how you missed it

he himself said he wants to be guy that the team builds around. with Rose their in Chicago, i doubt that he will be the #1 guy.

marvILLous
10-05-2009, 02:30 AM
and lmao at some of NY fans (not all)...i think they will b shocked in 2010. Their best chance is Amare. No LBJ, and no Wade. Wade already said he doesn't like NY's weather when asked for his destination as NY. And I think Bosh is looking to pair up with wade or king james. He doesn't mind to b the second man behind both of them for championships. Amare could well be the man in NY since he alwayz wants to b the man.

and you're sure about this? cuz a couple of days ago bosh said himself that he wants to be the guy to lead a team to a championship.. and not just be a second option..

.Juice.
10-05-2009, 02:56 AM

:facepalm:
You can't just take their freedom of speech.

Well, first of all, Cleveland is not his hometown. Akron is his hometown. Both cities are in Ohio, but they're about sixty miles apart. The whole 'home state' argument doesn't do much for me. If you could get more money and recognition playing in another city, a city you loved, would staying in your home state really mean much?

Secondly, yes, the Knicks are terrible right now. That's because Walsh is still in the process of undoing the catastrophe Isiah put upon the team. With all the money they have off the books this summer, they'll attract marquee free agents. You can drastically improve teams over the summer, especially if you have money. Look at the Celtics.

Currently, the Cavaliers have the better team. Looking into the future though, it's likely the Knicks will be the better squad. Cleveland is filled with aging veterans and overpaid sideshows. If LeBron came to New York and attracted other big names, he could start a dynasty. We're talking about the basketball mecca. The city of dreams. He could get more money, more publicity, and probably more rings. That's a much better picture than staying in Cleveland.

Honestly though, I think it's likelier LeBron goes to the Nets. He loves MSG, but he has close ties with Jay-Z. They're moving to Brooklyn and we know they'd do anything to assure his success.

Why the hostility toward Americans? I <3 Canada. :)

Here's the thing. I'm assuming Bosh wants to win. None of the marquee free agents will want to play in Toronto if they could go to New York, Los Angeles, or Miami. I'm just saying... that's usually going to be the case since all the marketing and opportunity is in the states.

I know they got Hedo, but they had to overpay and Canada just happens to have a large Turkish community. I think both of those factored into his signing. Otherwise, he probably would have even chosen Portland over Toronto.

i dont why people assume Bosh would want to be a 2nd option to wade or james. if youve heard his interviews, he has said he wants to be the guy that a team will build around.
Rings.

While watching the Knicks/Nets game today, I was actually think that James and Bosh would sign with either the Knicks or Nets.
Agree.

I really think it's going to be one of those two places. I also think where Bosh goes, LeBron will follow. They're from the same draft class, they've been in All-Star games, Olympic games, have a so-called friendship, and would create one of the most dynamic duos ever. They could get together and start a dynasty. I'd love to see it happen.

MaHaRaJaH
10-05-2009, 05:11 AM

Oh I very much doubt that. As history has shown "money talks"