PDA

View Full Version : NBA2K10 Discussion

mrmike101
10-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Ok so i have obtained a copy of nba2k10 for xbox 360 (thank god for 360 mods) I am kind of dissapointed the game was stiff and well just kind of wierd. The game is alot more realistic in the aspect of player abilities (no dwight howard 10 ft jumpers or missed layup attemps by guys like rondo, tp etc) but the game is robotic and the basket is kind of wierd i cannot describe it ,I would rather pop in my 2k9. The demo is also out on 360 but i heard it is extremely limited. To every 1 who has played the demo or has a hong kong hookup what are your thoughts?

caseyv415
10-04-2009, 04:12 AM
Ok so i have obtained a copy of nba2k10 for xbox 360 (thank god for 360 mods) I am kind of dissapointed the game was stiff and well just kind of wierd. The game is alot more realistic in the aspect of player abilities (no dwight howard 10 ft jumpers or missed layup attemps by guys like rondo, tp etc) but the game is robotic and the basket is kind of wierd i cannot describe it ,I would rather pop in my 2k9. The demo is also out on 360 but i heard it is extremely limited. To every 1 who has played the demo or has a hong kong hookup what are your thoughts?

Get a PS3

OA SLAY
10-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Im making the switch to Live after 8 years.... 2ksports wont be able to compete with EA in the next couple years...They have lost their touch!

nuggetsyankees
10-04-2009, 10:43 AM
how is it for Wii?PSP?

vash9
10-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Uhm, i thought this was the sickest NBA 2K game to date. It's sooooo realistic.

You don't have to worry about someone stripping your dunk. You don't have to worry about Lebron or Kobe dunking 24/7 because now you can actually defend them.

Though, i do hate the crossover, dribble, and shot release systems. I also think the ratings are super ******** right now.

Other than that, 2K takes another year over Live in my opinion.

theuuord
10-04-2009, 03:31 PM
someone tell me about association.

rockbottom2010
10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
i already pre-ordered the anniversary edition...even though im not a kobe fan...cuz it happens once every 10 years....

Toenail Clipper
10-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Get a PS3

PS3 sucks

NYKnickFanatic
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM
PS3 sucks

:nod:

Litchris12
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
the demo didnt come out for ps3 though

Ldeazzy
10-04-2009, 05:23 PM
2k got good way to fast and now there stuck making lil changes to new game now live on the other hand went from great to trash so allmost any change was good but from going off the demo and a few vids its fun and i am the the type to play the game til the day the new on comes out and the live demo made me stop playing 2k9

breedlove2drug
10-05-2009, 01:08 AM
PS3 sucks

haha, how does a PS3 suck?

at least it's a reliable console and not a company that rips off their consumers

breedlove2drug
10-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Get a PS3

x2

breedlove2drug
10-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Im making the switch to Live after 8 years.... 2ksports wont be able to compete with EA in the next couple years...They have lost their touch!

That is very possible.. Live could take the competition next year or the year after that

OA SLAY
10-05-2009, 01:51 AM
2k players still move like Robots, i cant believe people still say the gameplay is sooo realilistic.

NPH
10-05-2009, 02:00 AM
I dont get it.

Live to me was just had an awkward feeling to it. And the player models are like trophies, they are super shiny.

kriviant
10-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Get a PS3

x3

sw20
10-05-2009, 02:12 AM
I like the improvements in 2k10 so far. But the new dribbling system is kinda difficult. I find myself dribbling in circles all the time.

Bulls_fan90
10-05-2009, 02:29 AM
haha, how does s PS3 suck?

at least it's a reliable console and not a company that rips off their consumers

:nod:

Corey
10-05-2009, 06:36 AM
I think this is the year that NBA Live will take over. 2K10 will be a better game THIS YEAR, but next season, Live will make the necessary updated to become the better game.

I'll be picking up 2K10, though.

Detroit[x]
10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
2k players still move like Robots, i cant believe people still say the gameplay is sooo realilistic.

As opposed to live? Where they look like they are ice-skating across the floor? 2K HANDS DOWN is 10X Better than Live. Yes, the dribbling is harder, and post moves are harder... But once you get used to the game, it comes a lot easier. A thing to look out in the future though, is Live paid a BUTT LOAD of money to get the lead designer from 2k... So im hoping live gets better in the future, since more than likely EA will buy the rights to all NBA games (Kinda like what they did with Madden) ... 2k10 is a lot of fun, people just need to get used to it. Live is still garbage but it definitely took steps towards being a better game.

P.S. - People who play basketball and love watching basketball normally like 2k better because its more of a simulation. If you want to dominate with Kobe/LeBron/DWade and not play real basketball.... Throw a quarter into your system and play the Arcade version of basketball "NbA Live 2010."

Ballah0liC1
10-05-2009, 08:43 AM
As opposed to live? Where they look like they are ice-skating across the floor? 2K HANDS DOWN is 10X Better than Live. Yes, the dribbling is harder, and post moves are harder... But once you get used to the game, it comes a lot easier. A thing to look out in the future though, is Live paid a BUTT LOAD of money to get the lead designer from 2k... So im hoping live gets better in the future, since more than likely EA will buy the rights to all NBA games (Kinda like what they did with Madden) ... 2k10 is a lot of fun, people just need to get used to it. Live is still garbage but it definitely took steps towards being a better game.

P.S. - People who play basketball and love watching basketball normally like 2k better because its more of a simulation. If you want to dominate with Kobe/LeBron/DWade and not play real basketball.... Throw a quarter into your system and play the Arcade version of basketball "NbA Live 2010."[/

this ***** right on point

Ace33Bone
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
;10996770']As opposed to live? Where they look like they are ice-skating across the floor? 2K HANDS DOWN is 10X Better than Live. Yes, the dribbling is harder, and post moves are harder... But once you get used to the game, it comes a lot easier. A thing to look out in the future though, is Live paid a BUTT LOAD of money to get the lead designer from 2k... So im hoping live gets better in the future, since more than likely EA will buy the rights to all NBA games (Kinda like what they did with Madden) ... 2k10 is a lot of fun, people just need to get used to it. Live is still garbage but it definitely took steps towards being a better game.

P.S. - People who play basketball and love watching basketball normally like 2k better because its more of a simulation. If you want to dominate with Kobe/LeBron/DWade and not play real basketball.... Throw a quarter into your system and play the Arcade version of basketball "NbA Live 2010."

my username is Ace33Bone and I support this message 100% :clap:

MTar786
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
;10996770']As opposed to live? Where they look like they are ice-skating across the floor? 2K HANDS DOWN is 10X Better than Live. Yes, the dribbling is harder, and post moves are harder... But once you get used to the game, it comes a lot easier. A thing to look out in the future though, is Live paid a BUTT LOAD of money to get the lead designer from 2k... So im hoping live gets better in the future, since more than likely EA will buy the rights to all NBA games (Kinda like what they did with Madden) ... 2k10 is a lot of fun, people just need to get used to it. Live is still garbage but it definitely took steps towards being a better game.

everything u just said is true.. especially ur last paragraph

mrmike101
10-05-2009, 02:15 PM

Yeah i always thought live was the next gen continuation of nba jam.

clutchski
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
haha, how does a PS3 suck?

My 360 broke for the second time and they wanted me to pay another 100 to get it fixed, got a ps3 now and it is so much more of a quality system. And you don't have to pay a huge yearly subscription to play online like xbox live..I was shocked when I found that one out. Essentially identical online experience except xbox charges you $60 a year..

Ray_R
10-05-2009, 03:10 PM
PS3 sucks

:bs:

Corey
10-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Don't make this a PS3 Vs. 360 thread, guys.

BALLER71
10-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Graphics for 2K PS3 where ****** as hell.
I haven't made up my mind if I'm getting 2k or Live. I like live gameplay better but I'm still not sure :shrug:

IRUAM #21
10-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Graphics for 2K PS3 where ****** as hell.
I haven't made up my mind if I'm getting 2k or Live. I like live gameplay better but I'm still not sure :shrug:

Same here, but according to the review i saw, Live doesn't have too many game modes.

solarsaur
10-05-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/8931

Chronz
10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Im editing the rosters as we speak, just not in the game. Anyone have any thoughts on specific ratings they may have ****ed up??

DerekRE_3
10-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Im editing the rosters as we speak, just not in the game. Anyone have any thoughts on specific ratings they may have ****ed up??

Rondo's rating is the same as Brandon Roy's, that one jumped out to me. I like Rondo, but he's not at that level yet.

breedlove2drug
10-05-2009, 05:52 PM
My 360 broke for the second time and they wanted me to pay another 100 to get it fixed, got a ps3 now and it is so much more of a quality system. And you don't have to pay a huge yearly subscription to play online like xbox live..I was shocked when I found that one out. Essentially identical online experience except xbox charges you $60 a year..

amen, preach it

wileyisTOFU
10-05-2009, 05:54 PM
PS3 sucks

werd

Chronz
10-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Rondo's rating is the same as Brandon Roy's, that one jumped out to me. I like Rondo, but he's not at that level yet.

I meant more as in grading scale of rebounding, defense, shooting and what have you.

Like Im definitely going to make Iggy better defensively like I do every year. Dont know whats so hard to figure out about the guy. But yea Rondo will get demoted by the time Im done, theres got to be a glitch in his ratings to rank that high. Somewhere along the line they overdid it, Im certain of it. Unless they completely changed the values of their attributes, in which case Ill have to adjust to their settings and editing an entire roster may take much longer than I thought.

god8son
10-05-2009, 06:06 PM
x2
Get that PS3....enjoy blu ray, better graphics, game developers who converse with consumers on a regular basis etc.

Plus.....we have had the PS3 360 and Wii......had NBa2k9 running on two tv's....samsung HD $600(ps3) and a Sony $4000 (360)......you'll never guess which game looked and ran better......add in the free online and the ability to watch any movie on ur PS3 off your PSP and xbox and its ring of death just seems like a waste of money....

LakeShowRaider
10-05-2009, 06:17 PM
NBA 2K series is so sick, it's like a Ferrari, you don't need to explain why it's so damn good. It just is.

theimortalone
10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I can't wait to buy it either tomorrow or Thursday! :D

DerekRE_3
10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I meant more as in grading scale of rebounding, defense, shooting and what have you.

Like Im definitely going to make Iggy better defensively like I do every year. Dont know whats so hard to figure out about the guy. But yea Rondo will get demoted by the time Im done, theres got to be a glitch in his ratings to rank that high. Somewhere along the line they overdid it, Im certain of it. Unless they completely changed the values of their attributes, in which case Ill have to adjust to their settings and editing an entire roster may take much longer than I thought.

Ah I didn't know you were talking that much in depth. I don't have the game yet so all I know is the overall ratings that were released. I'm already going to guess that they underrate the hell out of Boris Diaw.

randomness
10-05-2009, 06:38 PM
will 2k10 be worth it for psp?

Vinny642
10-05-2009, 06:45 PM
someone wanna buy me the game? LOL

aman_13
10-05-2009, 06:54 PM
NBA 2k9 had both an arcade and simulation feel to it. I don't know how 2K10 plays, but i didn't like last year's game that much. Live has stepped it up the last couple of years, but still doesn't feel right. I've been playing the Live demo and the players look too skinny and have way to much light shining on them. They look like they are glowing. There gameplay is better but still need some work. It's also way to hard to play defence in Live, i feel like i have no control over my player. I think in two years we can finally say that NBA Live is back, but until then, it's all about 2k.

Blackification
10-05-2009, 07:08 PM
will 2k10 be worth it for psp?

i got it on psp and i dont like it at all, if u cant play it on a console then maybe consider it but idk I guess im too used to it on the ps3 so my opinion is biased.

EaglesJackson10
10-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Live is better from the Demo's I played game play much more realistic players. In 2k the players move to fast and like robots. Also I agree with whoever made this thread the basket looks stupid. Its more of like an arcade i more into the realistic feel of the NBA that live. I also love the authentic player and team styles of live from the lakers and the Magic it felt great with those teams. Also players always shoot the ball the same and make moves the same in 2k.

Fayzon10
10-05-2009, 07:27 PM
My 360 broke for the second time and they wanted me to pay another 100 to get it fixed, got a ps3 now and it is so much more of a quality system. And you don't have to pay a huge yearly subscription to play online like xbox live..I was shocked when I found that one out. Essentially identical online experience except xbox charges you $60 a year.. I agree I've had two 360's cause I was an xbox guy I hated Playstation, but after having the so called red ring of death on two 360s I got my money back and paid for a ps3 and I have not had any issues what so ever and not to mention Blu-Ray won the battle for the next generation movie format, it's all gravy baby!!!!:clap:

breedlove2drug
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I agree I've had two 360's cause I was an xbox guy I hated Playstation, but after having the so called red ring of death on two 360s I got my money back and paid for a ps3 and I have not had any issues what so ever and not to mention Blu-Ray won the battle for the next generation movie format, it's all gravy baby!!!!:clap:

good choice my friend

aman_13
10-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't know what you guys are doing with your Xbox which makes it crash so much, just keep it isolated and it's fine. It doesn't matter to me though, i have both. :D

ElMarroAfamado
10-05-2009, 09:02 PM
is it true...ea is going to buy 2k sports in order to make their be only one nba game?
meaning no more 2k after this year?
(i heard and i know its been rumored before but...)

IRUAM #21
10-05-2009, 09:19 PM
is it true...ea is going to buy 2k sports in order to make their be only one nba game?
meaning no more 2k after this year?
(i heard and i know its been rumored before but...)

I heard that too, that will definitely suck if it's true.

ElMarroAfamado
10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I heard that too, that will definitely suck if it's true.

like really could you imagine just having NBA Live as an option for a basketball game?

:(

DerekRE_3
10-05-2009, 09:36 PM
like really could you imagine just having NBA Live as an option for a basketball game?

:(

Yeah it's easy. I just think about what it's like to have only Madden for an NFL game, and it sucks. EA Sports already has a monopoly on football...next is basketball.

Chronz
10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Ah I didn't know you were talking that much in depth. I don't have the game yet so all I know is the overall ratings that were released. I'm already going to guess that they underrate the hell out of Boris Diaw.

Ovr 72: Inside Out PerD PostD HNDL REB
Diaw A- B C C- C+ D+

What do you think?

Personally I think his post D should be a c+ minimum, give or take a grade depending whether they combine post D with block and strength ratings.

KG has a post D rating of a+, thats not quite right considering he never guards the best post player, his main value defensively isnt with his post defense, unless if by post they simply mean inside defense in general but I doubt it.

DerekRE_3
10-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Diaw A- B C C- C+ D+

What do you think?

Personally I think his post D should be a c+ minimum, give or take a grade depending whether they combine post D with block and strength ratings.

KG has a post D rating of a+, thats not quite right considering he never guards the best post player, his main value defensively isnt with his post defense, unless if by post they simply mean inside defense in general but I doubt it.

I'd give Diaw a better rebounding rating than that. D+ seems low. There is no way that Larry Brown would ever give a guy that bad defensively as much playing time as Diaw gets. Offensively they actually have him right, if anything his inside might be a bit high. I'd give his post D a C+ and the rebounding a C. I'd probably give him this:

Diaw B+ B C C+ B- C

BoTiggle
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Get a PS3

Then I wouldn't be able to play all my games for free.

I have over $1000 worth of 360 games ...for free.

Maybe I'll get a PS3 when someone figures out how to hack the thing to play game copies. For now, I'll stick with getting every game free of charge the moment it comes out(sometimes before).

BTW, here's a review of 2k10 which I'm downloading as we speak:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1031712p1.html

BoTiggle
10-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I agree I've had two 360's cause I was an xbox guy I hated Playstation, but after having the so called red ring of death on two 360s I got my money back and paid for a ps3 and I have not had any issues what so ever and not to mention Blu-Ray won the battle for the next generation movie format, it's all gravy baby!!!!:clap:

I buy broken 360's with RROD on craigslist and Ebay. $30-40.

Then I reflow them. Basically, the GPU and motherboard experience connection problems due to the way the two are soldered. By fully disassembling, modifying, reassembling, and reflowing the board, you can bring your dead 360 back to life about 90% of the time. The 10% that can't be brought back? Their parts are worth more than $40 any way, and can be used to repair or upgrade the 90% that do work.

I make a killing reselling these things, and so do a lot of other people.

Fayzon10
10-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Ok so i have obtained a copy of nba2k10 for xbox 360 (thank god for 360 mods) I am kind of dissapointed the game was stiff and well just kind of wierd. The game is alot more realistic in the aspect of player abilities (no dwight howard 10 ft jumpers or missed layup attemps by guys like rondo, tp etc) but the game is robotic and the basket is kind of wierd i cannot describe it ,I would rather pop in my 2k9. The demo is also out on 360 but i heard it is extremely limited. To every 1 who has played the demo or has a hong kong hookup what are your thoughts? I kinda know what u mean I'm a 2k guy I don't think I've ever bought a live game but the iisue with the players on 2k is their shoulders it looks weird how their jerseys fall on their shoulders and every player has the exact same upper body, but with live the guys look hella shiny so each has it's issues but I think I will still go with 2k unless live just does something to win me over but I know what you mean about the players on 2k it's the shoulders...

OA SLAY
10-06-2009, 07:04 AM
2k9 was the end of an ERA... TIME TO STEP INTO THE NEW WORLD.... EA is KING!:clap:

MiamiLoyal926
10-06-2009, 10:51 AM

:clap:

Gators123
10-06-2009, 10:58 AM
I am getting 2k10 tonight for ps3 :D

Raph12
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM

Do you have PS3 or 360? If you got PS3, let me know, I'll make sure to pick up your edition of the rosters and after a comparison to the Official 2k Roster, decide on which to go with.

petski
10-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Let me know cause I still havent decided on which one to get. I didnt want to start a poll cause I trust your opinions and what to hear from you all.

petski
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
All I have to say is Mike Wang is now with EA. Things are about to change

nitric
10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Live 10 is definitely more "arcadey" than 2K10. 2K10 looks more realistic than the glossy players in Live 10. 2K10 is getting better reviews than Live 10. The choice is pretty simple.

NYKnickFanatic
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
:sigh: for the 2138123438 time, 2K10.

Live sucks. :facepalm:

Gators123
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
2k10 is better

breedlove2drug
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I think 2k got it this year..

I don't know about next year though

Chronz
10-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Do you have PS3 or 360? If you got PS3, let me know, I'll make sure to pick up your edition of the rosters and after a comparison to the Official 2k Roster, decide on which to go with.

If the official rosters are done by the same inept guy they had doing it last year, you'll definitely like mine better. The mistakes they make are too blatant for them to simply be mistakes, my theory is that they purposely overrate some role players, just for the sake of them not having a seriously ugly rating.

Like they would give 90 offensive rebounding to a guy who barely played and didnt sport a high rebound rate. Some scrub whos name escapes me but hes damn ugly

nvm i only got 360 version this year

da wood
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I have been a live guy for years matter of fact i'm about to leave work right now to pick that live up

Pierzynski4Prez
10-06-2009, 01:09 PM
other than a handful of people who will say live, I think like 95% of us are in agreement that 2k is hands down better.

Thatruth32
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
^ yup yup 2k.. im waiting to get off work to go get my copy

MJ-BULLS
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
2k is gonna be better, but live made some steps forward

MJ-BULLS
10-06-2009, 01:13 PM
havent bought live or 2k yet but pretty soon will eventually get both of them

breedlove2drug
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I have been a live guy for years matter of fact i'm about to leave work right now to pick that live up

Ya, you're on live 09 a lot. We have never played an actual one-on-one since the day we got it

breedlove2drug
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
All I have to say is Mike Wang is now with EA. Things are about to change

True. The live series should change over the years dramatically.

breedlove2drug
10-06-2009, 01:29 PM
2k is gonna be better, but live made some steps forward

indeed

breedlove2drug
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I buy broken 360's with RROD on craigslist and Ebay. $30-40.

Then I reflow them. Basically, the GPU and motherboard experience connection problems due to the way the two are soldered. By fully disassembling, modifying, reassembling, and reflowing the board, you can bring your dead 360 back to life about 90% of the time. The 10% that can't be brought back? Their parts are worth more than $40 any way, and can be used to repair or upgrade the 90% that do work.

I make a killing reselling these things, and so do a lot of other people.

wow...sick. Nice business

asandhu23
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Definitely 2k10... hey people pay respect to wilt chamberlain in the thread below. Oct 12th is the 10th anniversary of his death and he deserves the respect.

td0tsfinest
10-06-2009, 01:35 PM
i used to be on the 2k bandwagon when i had PS2 and i switched to live on PS3 but I'm going back to 2k this year.
IMO, if you want a game that is the closest thing to nba street; with guys dunk from any part of the court and a handful of glitches go with live. I played the demo, while there are improvements it stil plays the same and its way to bright. Ridiculously bright.

If you want the closest thing to actually playing basketball, try 2k.

Ethix11
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I used to say that the only thing live was better at than 2k was the graphics. But now, 2k10 has better graphics than live so its hands down all around better. Especially the gameplay.

JordansBulls
10-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I asked the guy today at Gamestop who works there and he said NBA 2k10 is still much better than Live.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-06-2009, 01:49 PM

That's not necesarily true...

petski
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
thanks for the comments so far fellas, That makes my choice easy, sticking to 2k10. Has anyone bought both of them? Please I want your feedback too!

G-Funk
10-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Im going with 2k

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Let me know cause I still havent decided on which one to get. I didnt want to start a poll cause I trust your opinions and what to hear from you all.

If were really down for the hood, you would just copp both of them thangs!

Me, I'ma Live guy, I liked the 2K series back on Dreamcast... and that bum being on the cover of 2k10 doesn't make me wanna get it at all.

BEARS+BULLS=:)
10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
2k is 100x better than live IMO last live i had was with kidd on the cover but I had live since AI was on the cover i think 2000? Lives gameplay is way better n i dunno wat that 1 dude was saying but 2k has always had better graphics too.

petski
10-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Right, getting both of them would be the best move. If I dont like one, I can give it to one of my little cousins as a christmas gift.

DodgerLove
10-06-2009, 03:06 PM
2k10 has been on top for a few years now, and again this year. Players in 2k10 look better, there are more features (my player mode) and it has solid gameplay. With that said Live has improved a bit this year, they don't have as many features but they have improved the gameplay a lot. The players still look plastic in Live.

theimortalone
10-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Just bought 2K10, and it is amazing!!!

Raph12
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM
If were really down for the hood, you would just copp both of them thangs!

Me, I'ma Live guy, I liked the 2K series back on Dreamcast... and that bum being on the cover of 2k10 doesn't make me wanna get it at all.

That "bum" will be making 150+mil over the next 4 years, so the term "bum" hardly qualifies.

I know it's not what you meant, but I had fun pointing it out anyways :D

As for the thread question: I got 2K10 and Live10 and let me be the first with both games to say 2K>>>>>Live, I'm going to give my Live10 to my nephew.

petski
10-06-2009, 03:30 PM
That "bum" will be making 150+mil over the next 4 years, so the term "bum" hardly qualifies.

I know it's not what you meant, but I had fun pointing it out anyways :D

As for the thread question: I got 2K10 and Live10 and let me be the first with both games to say 2K>>>>>Live, I'm going to give my Live10 to my nephew.

I heard homie, my little cousin would get mine if I get both.

To all thanks for the input, I have made my decision. I will get NBA 2k10 after I get off work. Thanks for all the comments and for the new people checking this out, keep em comming. Peace!

Litchris12
10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
2k is better. ive been playing it for 7 hours already. i can't put it down

Litchris12
10-06-2009, 03:54 PM
game is amazing

Fayzon10
10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Let me know cause I still havent decided on which one to get. I didnt want to start a poll cause I trust your opinions and what to hear from you all. I downloaded the live demo on ps3 and I just went and rented 2K from Hollywood Video and I must say that I'm not that impressed with 2K I've always bought 2K over Live every year but 2K this year seems like the same game as last year once you start playin so I don't know and i really hate how the players look on both Live has the glossy plastic looking guys and the players in 2K have hella crazy lookin bodies their jerseys don't fit right they look like they have on shoulder pads or something so I don't know I might just toss a coin..

slaker619
10-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Nba 2k10 Pwns Nba Live Bitach Azz

DerekRE_3
10-06-2009, 04:47 PM
God I love what 2k has done this year....sooooo sick.

sw20
10-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I have both and I just got done playing Live 10. It's definitely better than last year but still too arcade for my taste. 2k10 is keeping the crown once again this year.

Gators123
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Why cant i Play online for 2k10 ps3?

Vinny642
10-06-2009, 06:47 PM
OMFG OMFG I need a job, I want to play 2k10 right now and kill everyone with CP3.

Shady66
10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
OMFG OMFG I need a job, I want to play 2k10 right now and kill everyone with CP3.

Atleest this year you can break ankles when going against a crappy perimeter defender.

Last years 2k was pretty hard to get to the hoop with a PG

Vinny642
10-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Atleest this year you can break ankles when going against a crappy perimeter defender.

Last years 2k was pretty hard to get to the hoop with a PG

Hell yea man CP was close to useless.

BEARS+BULLS=:)
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Hell yea man CP was close to useless.

i dunno wat ur talking about CP3 burns everyone especially cause so many ppl play full court D all u had to do is spin or side step dribble(tap L trigger for 360) n u would burn past every1. Plus they give him a good 3 as well.

MackSnackWrap
10-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Live 10 is real nice this year much better than last year

Raph12
10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Live 10 is real nice this year much better than last year

Still don't like the idea of being stripped by coms for driving towards them with Howard.

SchyGuy11
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
2k is always better

Ace33Bone
10-07-2009, 09:30 AM
The only thing that Live has better than 2K is the shoes and certain small features... but hands down since 2k2 I have converted to 2k and I feel that this is their best work yet... Live 2010 has made some vast improvements but they are still lightyears behind 2k... and I hope that 2k brings back College hoops this year as well even though its not looking too well

zambo4president
10-07-2009, 10:13 AM
2K is always better. And it looks better now.

G-Funk
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
I bought it(2k10) yesterday and here's my review.

The Player movements are great. A+

The Arenas are great, I like all the T-mobile, Sprite, Jordan Boards ect... it gives it a realistic feel the fans look good even though they can do better. A

I really don't like like the Jerseys, they need to improve the outfits. everything looks realistic but for some reason the Jerseys look like they need more work. C

Some role players look better then actual stars. B-

Music is pretty good they play 'Amazing' by Kanye, Commentators are good, A

Overall Im pretty pleased with it, It's worth buying.

AK-50
10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
i got Live 10 yesterday and ima get 2K10 later on in the year like i did with Live 09 and 2K9

theuuord
10-07-2009, 11:28 AM
right now, 2k10 is bug city.

rockbottom2010
10-07-2009, 11:39 AM
2k10 is sick with it....last time nba live was good when they had it on ps2....they never made much success in ps3

Mile High Champ
10-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Got 2K10 but after reading a bunch of reviews about the the game, its very clear that LIVE is starting to close the gap. There is even some hope that next year is the year live passes 2k10.. Live seems to be back on track.

petski
10-07-2009, 11:52 AM
My friend was telling me last night that there is a glitch with the frames per second in some arenas. I heard there was a patch out but is that true? That sucks and I hope that is fixed by friday. PAYDAY!

theuuord
10-07-2009, 12:03 PM
My friend was telling me last night that there is a glitch with the frames per second in some arenas. I heard there was a patch out but is that true? That sucks and I hope that is fixed by friday. PAYDAY!

there are like a dozen patently obvious glitches in 2k.

Either they don't do beta testing of the game or they just don't fix the problems people find.

framerate is screwing up in a lot of places.
the 2K servers have been down basically for the last 24 hours, so you can't upload your combine player into the "My Player" mode.
on top of that, there are glitches at every step of the upload process.
if you get cut in my player and then re-sign with another team, your player is listed on both teams - and your stats get halved for each player (IE - if you average 16 points per game, each dupe will be recorded as scoring 8 per game).
Development in association actually makes players WORSE, not better. And WAY worse. like six overall points worse.
Association is always on autosave, regardless.
If you custom-design sneakers, the home sneaker will still be the home team colors.

that's just a few of the many problems. just look at the 2k sports complaints forum - the place has been exploding for the last 24 hours. hardcore gamers are seriously threatening lawsuit.

i don't know what games you guys have been playing so far, but i'm pretty disappointed with 2K right now.

JayAllDay
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
The only time I can recommend buying nba live is if you have have really young kids and want them to get interested in basketball since you can just pick up the sticks and go.

Oh yeah and if you have a ps2 get Live, and if you have a only a psp get NBA 10. 2K makes inferior products for last gen. and handhelds.

In any other scenarios, get 2k.

NotAnotherYear
10-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I bought NBA Live 10 yesterday and to say the least it blows sack. I traded it in for 2k10 hopefully its better than that piece of ****.

BoratSagdiyev
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I bought it(2k10) yesterday and here's my review.

The Player movements are great. A+

The Arenas are great, I like all the T-mobile, Sprite, Jordan Boards ect... it gives it a realistic feel the fans look good even though they can do better. A

I really don't like like the Jerseys, they need to improve the outfits. everything looks realistic but for some reason the Jerseys look like they need more work. C

Some role players look better then actual stars. B-

Music is pretty good they play 'Amazing' by Kanye, Commentators are good, A

Overall Im pretty pleased with it, It's worth buying.

Like Gilbert?

NotAnotherYear
10-07-2009, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=BoratSagdiyev;11016791]Like Gilbert?[/QUOTE

No meat head like where the baskeball players play

god8son
10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Though I have only done a few hours in Association mode and played a few games, I think 2K is one of the greatest games (basketball or otherwise) ever. It is the deepest sports game i've ever played and attention to player detail is incredible. I run the triangle people. the triangle. and it actually works. good ball movement on offense and sound defense means you'll always get an opportunity to score. and the AI does a good job of not letting you make everything while still feeling absolutely fair. In passed years i've had to change a lot of the game sliders whether is it was to improve referees or diminish cpu bias. I don't feel the need to do that at all. great game. one night and i'm already addicted.

natelpete
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
2k fa sho

god8son
10-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Live is better from the Demo's I played game play much more realistic players. In 2k the players move to fast and like robots. Also I agree with whoever made this thread the basket looks stupid. Its more of like an arcade i more into the realistic feel of the NBA that live. I also love the authentic player and team styles of live from the lakers and the Magic it felt great with those teams. Also players always shoot the ball the same and make moves the same in 2k.

almost looked like a sane post till right there.....wow

BoratSagdiyev
10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=BoratSagdiyev;11016791]Like Gilbert?[/QUOTE

No meat head like where the baskeball players play

But it was capitalized? Maybe just more poor grammar..

1-800-STFU
10-07-2009, 05:08 PM
The online play is crap right now, I cant connect to any ranked matches. This better get fixed. Aside from that I like the gameplay so far.

Sox Appeal
10-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Both games are awful. I'm really kicking myself for not waiting, and renting 2k10, before I bought it. Waste of 60 bucks.

theuuord
10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Both games are awful. I'm really kicking myself for not waiting, and renting 2k10, before I bought it. Waste of 60 bucks.

until a patch comes out and 2k servers come back up, i'm inclined to agree with you. this is really disappointing.

randomness
10-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Should I get Live 10 or 2k10 for PSP?

theuuord
10-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Should I get Live 10 or 2k10 for PSP?

oh god, neither. i bet the problems are even worse on a PSP.

rent one first if you really want to try them.

Nighthawk
10-07-2009, 06:23 PM
NBA 2K10 is levels better yet again. I love this game. My only gripes are defense. Seems REALLY hard to stay in front of your man this year, but ive only played a handful of games so maybe i just gotta keep practicing til i master it.

Sick of all these gamer nerds complaining about bugs and frame rate. Its a damn game. Sit in your lonely rooms and Play basketball. Stop trying to be game techs. Its annoying. People on the 2ksite are talking law suits..lol..losers

Basically...if you want as close to the REAL NBA as you can get....you Buy 2K10. Live is once again...a joke.

randomness
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
oh god, neither. i bet the problems are even worse on a PSP.

rent one first if you really want to try them.

Heard there's some freezing in the first 2 hours but it is fine really.. saw the gameplay and 2k10 was like 2k5 on ps2.. live 10 looked exactly the same as live 09 but with smoother gameplay and be a pro mode with create a player. 2k10 has no allstar weekend but has more teams and better gameplay and association mode.. which one should I get?

Jamiecballer
10-07-2009, 06:35 PM
that's just a few of the many problems. just look at the 2k sports complaints forum - the place has been exploding for the last 24 hours. hardcore gamers are seriously threatening lawsuit.

gamers threatening lawsuits - they're so funny those gamers.

Vinny642
10-07-2009, 06:41 PM
[/B]

gamers threatening lawsuits - they're so funny those gamers.

lil *** whiners god jeez, just play the dam game, its a helluva better game then they can make

klvanzu
10-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Just bought 2k10 for the PS3 and I think it's pretty awesome and definitely worth buying. I haven't played Live 10 so I can't comment.

Ldeazzy
10-07-2009, 06:56 PM
If your going to get 2k10 you might as well just update your 2k9 rosters its the same game but if thats what you want buy it but if you want something fresh and new go with live you have to play real basketball ball in that game no ******** passing no going up for a dunk and get motion down to a steal no lefake james dunking on your whole team avery play and with live you handle all your moves jump shots you name it some people just wont let 2k take a L and i was one of them people but for once in a while live did not throw up a brick sorry for the long write up

FOBolous
10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
so the game is $60 now?!?!?!

:censored:

Tha Truth
10-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Is this a serious question?

2K10 Hands Down!

Go_NUGGETS
10-08-2009, 12:13 AM
....When you play on HALL OF FAME level...The announcers are turned off and so are all the rules...And at the end of the game you can't intentional foul??????? I just lost a freakin game because I kept getting hugged for an intentional foul by another player, but it wasn't called and I lost the ball....

Is this a dumb glitch????

ZebraCity916
10-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Sounds like a lame glitch to me.

boms-4
10-08-2009, 12:23 AM
i aint that good to play on hall of fame level so i dont got to worry bout it

Go_NUGGETS
10-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Man i'm pissed...I was gettin ready to win my first game on HALL OF FAME level, and I busted my *** to get that lead...And I lose because of a pathetic *** glitch....I was winnin by 1 point with 20 seconds to go, and I inbounded the ball and BOOM, it happened.....They got the ball and ran a fast break on me and scored with 0.7 to go.

Frustration fareals.

xBLAMEITON24x
10-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Refs dont call fouls in last seconds of 1 possesion game in real life maybe its 2k is trying to be the most realistic jk

1-800-STFU
10-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Its game is all bugged out right now, its nearly unplayable online. Im sure they'll patch everything up and it will be fine but for now its crap.

vash9
10-08-2009, 12:37 AM
there's still some glitches.

i dunked with Devin Harris. i watched the replay, and the ball clearly went through the hoop, yet the point didn't count and the other team didn't inbound. he just caught it, ran, and scored.

when the real NBA season starts, i'm pretty sure most glitches will be gone.

LakeShowRaider
10-08-2009, 12:47 AM
IS it on Arcade setting?

Raph12
10-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah I know; I blocked a ball, it clearly went under the rim and the points counted, glitches are evident, hopefully they'll be fixed.

OA SLAY
10-08-2009, 01:19 AM
I just Bought Live 10 and its Awsome!....You will all learn in the next couple of years!

Raph12
10-08-2009, 01:26 AM
I have Live 10 and 2K10, Live is alot better than it's 2009 version, but I'm still keeping my 2K. EA is catching up fast, maybe next year will be the year, who knows.

clutchski
10-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Sounds like a glitch to me, my biggest gripe with the game so far is the fact that it NEVER connects to the 2K servers..after every drill/game on the 'my pro' game mode I have to take a 2 minute time out while it fails to connect. Every damn time..

jmastert
10-08-2009, 02:03 AM
? NBA 2k10 is definitly better than live. The game is so realistic, idk wat the robot thing is. They players all run smoothly. the only problem is the low frame rate when you drive or post up in the pain. After they patch this up itll be amazing.

The game has way better defence than 2k9 considering in 2k9 i was able to score 100pts with lebron james. in 2k10 its difficult to score 50-60 pts with lebron.

the game is way more realistic. I promise after the patches itll be even better 8.9 rating. It already has an 8.5 live has an 8.2

jmastert
10-08-2009, 02:04 AM
NBA 2k10 is the game to play....Haters everywhere

zambo4president
10-08-2009, 02:05 AM
PS3 sucks

360 All day.

sfgs558
10-08-2009, 02:36 AM
is anybody having trouble with the stutter step? when i try to do it my player just starts his dribble and i cant ever jab step or anything.. i play on ps3 does anyone know what i may b doing wrong?

jimbobjarree
10-08-2009, 04:27 AM
not out here until tomorow :(

Corey
10-08-2009, 06:31 AM
The comparison to live and 2K is getting a lot closer, though. Especially after the disappointing debut of 2K10.

PennyMy#1
10-08-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm kind of disappointed with both games. Tested them ... and, if ... I'd rather play Live10.

Ace33Bone
10-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I have watched Live's gameplay and actually played 2K10 and IMO Live is still a ways back even though they are improving

JordansBulls
10-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I'll tell you what. The freaking Lakers and Magic are tough as hell to beat unless you got a good team. Boston is good to use for the Magic, but I have only played against the Lakers once thus far.

T-mac freaking blows in this game while Roy lights up the scoring board.

They made Artest too good. This cat hits 3's like he is Reggie Miller.

Ace33Bone
10-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I'll tell you what. The freaking Lakers and Magic are tough as hell to beat unless you got a good team. Boston is good to use for the Magic, but I have only played against the Lakers once thus far.

T-mac freaking blows in this game while Roy lights up the scoring board.

They made Artest too good. This cat hits 3's like he is Reggie Miller.

They always make Kobe's supporting cast spectacular on 2K... on 2K9 when I played against people for $ I used to always use the Lakers and every game Fisher would have 20+ because they would have to double all over the court and he would be wide open and he did not miss any 3s

JordansBulls
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
They always make Kobe's supporting cast spectacular on 2K... on 2K9 when I played against people for $ I used to always use the Lakers and every game Fisher would have 20+ because they would have to double all over the court and he would be wide open and he did not miss any 3s

Well when I usually play LA I usually play them at Staples. I played Orlando at the UC and these guys went on a 20-0 run on my arse.

Silent
10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Well when I usually play LA I usually play them at Staples. I played Orlando at the UC and these guys went on a 20-0 run on my arse.

guess u never heard of defence:p

anyways will be getting the game tomorrow cant wait

JordansBulls
10-08-2009, 01:56 PM
guess u never heard of defence:p

anyways will be getting the game tomorrow cant wait

I play it well, Orlando just has too many guys that can penetrate and kick out for the 3. In fact I had the Bulls but my lineup was:

PG Rose/Pargo
SG T-mac/Hinrich
SF Deng/Johnson
PF Boozer/Taj
C Noah/Gray

I traded Salmons and Miller for T-mac and Tyrus for Boozer

For me, I make trades of guys that are not on legit contenders. So I wouldn't trade for guys like Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Pierce etc because it would take away from their teams.

Silent
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I play it well, Orlando just has too many guys that can penetrate and kick out for the 3. In fact I had the Bulls but my lineup was:

PG Rose/Pargo
SG T-mac/Hinrich
SF Deng/Johnson
PF Boozer/Taj
C Noah/Gray

I traded Salmons and Miller for T-mac and Tyrus for Boozer

For me, I make trades of guys that are not on legit contenders. So I wouldn't trade for guys like Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Pierce etc because it would take away from their teams.

str8 up ? how the hell u pull that off

JordansBulls
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
str8 up ? how the hell u pull that off

Oh I gave them Jerome James as well.

ecorrea
10-08-2009, 03:25 PM
cant connect to the EA server.

also i only got the game to display in 1080p once. has anyone else had this problem?

nbafan63
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM
you guys know the cheat code that lets Kobe and Nash knock down every single trey from top of the key?

Chronz
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh I gave them Jerome James as well.
I dont think he was talking about salary structures

Silent
10-08-2009, 05:30 PM
i dont think he was talking about salary structures

@ chronz u right

@ jb u be a better gm then garpax jb u rapped the **** out of theme

did u have a pistol to there head to accept

theimortalone
10-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I love the My Player mode. I think that it is a kick *** mode! It reminds me of the NBA:The Life kind of with the objectives, and what not.

Vinny642
10-08-2009, 05:52 PM
How deep is the My Player mode?
Also how is creating players?

cmellofan15
10-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm completely pissed off. I bought the 2k10 Draft Combine and I can upload him because the 2k servers are ****ed

Vinny642
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Then wait until the servers are fixed

Chronz
10-08-2009, 06:01 PM

I have an easier time beating the Lakers at home than I do anywhere else, is that a coincidence?

BradHolt4CYoung
10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I have been an NBA live guy for years. ever since like 2003. I have never had nba 2k. I had NBA Live 09 for 360 and I actually liked it a lot.

I have a 360.

Is 2k9 so much better than live? b/c Ive always liked Live but I will change if needed to.

Chronz
10-08-2009, 06:10 PM
@ chronz u right

@ jb u be a better gm then garpax jb u rapped the **** out of theme

did u have a pistol to there head to accept

I do what JB does as well. Im pretty sure he had the force accept trade on, but atleast he never tinks with franchise altering players like Bron/Kobe. I like taking on the powerhouses and sometimes upgrading them.

randomness
10-08-2009, 06:22 PM
What's the difference between be a pro mode and my player mode?

BradHolt4CYoung
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
I have been an NBA live guy for years. ever since like 2003. I have never had nba 2k. I had NBA Live 09 for 360 and I actually liked it a lot.

I have a 360.

Is 2k9 so much better than live? b/c Ive always liked Live but I will change if needed to.

***** please, answer my question.

da wood
10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
hey to be honest that live10 is a beast

BradHolt4CYoung
10-08-2009, 07:12 PM
hey to be honest that live10 is a beast

datts al eye ax.

JordansBulls
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
One thing I noticed about the game though is that they wont allow guys to use #23, #33 with the Bulls as the numbers are retired. Thought that was pretty cool.

Go_NUGGETS
10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Lakers are the hardest team on the game...I played a computer simulation between them and the 90's west all stars, and they killed the west all stars 56 to 32...What NBA team you know can beat the 90's west team???? Thats ridiculous.

But I created my player and he has a 99 rating...I'm just waiting for the season to start, so I can follow it on HALL OF FAME level with my created player. My dude is gonna be unstoppable....He's a 6'6 monster.:clap:

MackSnackWrap
10-08-2009, 08:50 PM
live 10 is crazyy this year much better than last year honestly

Trouble87
10-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I bought both for PS3 and I think there are problems with both games but 2k is still the better overall game

Live made a lot of great improvements though... The player collisions are cool and the animations of the players diving for the ball is sick

The player models for both games are lacking IMO...

Live and 2k havent updated some guys player models in years. Live completely f'd the player models for some rookies and not so popular players (example- Dejaun Blair & Taylor Griffin)

Live went the extra step with the jersey selection this year... they have all the specialty jerseys from last season (St Pataricks jerseys and the Spanish Heritage jerseys)

theimortalone
10-09-2009, 12:36 AM
How deep is the My Player mode?
Also how is creating players?

Not sure, I just started it. Trying to make the summer league team lol.

It is pretty amazing. It goes into a lot of detail.

breedlove2drug
10-09-2009, 12:53 AM
360 All day.

red ring of death and microsoft being a money whore All Day

breedlove2drug
10-09-2009, 12:55 AM
I have Live 10 and 2K10, Live is alot better than it's 2009 version, but I'm still keeping my 2K. EA is catching up fast, maybe next year will be the year, who knows.

definitely agree with you

Oefarmy2005
10-09-2009, 02:11 AM
I decided to get live for xbox360 and 2k for PC, this way I get both, but I'll play the PC version alot more anyways. So far, I am pretty impressed with Live 10, not as polished as 2k10 but a whole lot better than Live 09. Most animations look better on Live, it plays smoother and there is actually defense this year. 2K is still king, as IGN said, but it's worth owning both if you can afford it. As far as ps3 vs 360 goes, ps3 is more dependable from what I hear so I can't argue with that, but both are great systems. It's funny actually, since the original xbox was way more dependable than the PS2 and I've tested both in the desert for a year.

LayZbone
10-09-2009, 02:20 AM
I can't turn autosave off in association mode.....wtf.

IRUAM #21
10-09-2009, 02:24 AM

Idk how to turn it off either :shrug:

ZebraCity916
10-09-2009, 02:30 AM
red ring of death and microsoft being a money whore All Day

:clap:

Chronz
10-09-2009, 03:15 AM
FACK they underrated every single bigman in the league and overrated all the PG's. What kind of **** is this, making my job that much harder.

JordansBulls
10-09-2009, 08:28 AM

Instead of pushing start when it asks you to save, just press the select button next to start and it passes to the next screen.

thechom80
10-16-2009, 03:50 AM
I haven't played a basketball game in atleast 5 or so years. I picked up 2k10 for ps3 and I love it!! I haven't won a game yet, but still enjoy it. I don't get it. lol The computer doesn't seem to miss a damn shot, no matter who it is. I played Cleveland and actually won that game by one with a buzzer beating floater over Shaq's big ***. But of course it ****ing glitched out and didnt' count the basket. The shot dropped with 1 second remaining. I'm going to party like I won the world championship once I finally win. lol

COBY KARL
10-16-2009, 04:30 AM
You cant miss with ray allen from 3
you just cant

dodie53
10-16-2009, 05:30 AM
2k > Live

IMO

Kidd>>>K-Mart
10-16-2009, 06:47 AM
You cant miss with ray allen from 3
you just cant

what level do you play on?

beau_boy04
10-17-2009, 01:31 AM
once i get my hands on the pc game i will trading whatever combination of players it takes except Rose in order to get Blake Griffin. That will be my 1-2 punch Derrick Rose and Blake Griffin. and maybe after a few years of mediocracy from the Thunders I can lure Kevin Durant to join the Bulls as well :)

Raph12
10-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Too easy to win in this game, I play on HOF, the com really sucks *** and the Magic are near unstoppable.

John408
10-17-2009, 04:42 PM
they should of kept it like last years but made the lil tweaks such as the accidental backcourt when you juke near the three point line...there are other lil glitches but I can't think of them...either way, i love this game...i work in the industry so I cannot wait to get my free copy mailed to me by my colleague at 2k san rafael....

goose15
10-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Im a Live guy first year I bought NBA2K - its great

but how do u alley-oop or can u??

ag93
10-17-2009, 05:18 PM
^If its xbox 360 its LT and A, im guessing L2 and X for for PS3, but a player needs to be heading to the basket.

Al_Jefferson25
10-17-2009, 05:45 PM
anyone looking to get beat by the timberwolves on 2k10 add twolves_25 i love 2k10 bring it everyone

Al_Jefferson25
10-17-2009, 05:46 PM
oh and im on ps3

theuuord
10-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Too easy to win in this game, I play on HOF, the com really sucks *** and the Magic are near unstoppable.

glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this. it's weird, because their ratings aren't off the charts as a team, but somehow during gameplay the whole team just seems dominant.

2K is okay this year, but I expected a lot more. I'm probably going to pick up Live in a few weeks once I have the money to burn, for the first time since 07.

Go_NUGGETS
10-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Everybody keeps saying Orlando..But is my 2K game the only game that has Houston as the hardest team to beat???? I'm talking about HOF level....Shane Battier and Ariza break me down each time I play them...And Yao grabs all the rebounds....And McGrady plays almost as good as Kobe.

I haven't been beat my Orlando yet on any level....I have a harder time against the Pacers then I did thE mAGIC.

SA5195
10-17-2009, 06:00 PM
My PS3 games will not load :( lol that sucks!

goose15
10-17-2009, 06:04 PM
How do u alley-oop for PS3??

J_M_B
10-17-2009, 09:12 PM
I love the career mode in 2K10, but I believe the game is way to easy. I started last week and I'm already level 64. I'm currently playing for the Lakers as Fisher's backup.
:)

I really enjoy the game

Zefflin
10-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I tried to convert, I really did. My buddy got 2K instead of Live for some reason and I played it for a whole night. Switched back to Live in the morning, way way better.

Hugbees
10-17-2009, 10:51 PM
To perform alley-oops on the ps3 hold down both triggers + pass

Ty Fast
10-17-2009, 10:56 PM
live is better

bigsams50
10-17-2009, 11:37 PM
I still havnt gotten it, ive been playing Madden all day

Raph12
10-17-2009, 11:38 PM
glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this. it's weird, because their ratings aren't off the charts as a team, but somehow during gameplay the whole team just seems dominant.

2K is okay this year, but I expected a lot more. I'm probably going to pick up Live in a few weeks once I have the money to burn, for the first time since 07.

Yeah Dwight cuts to the rim all the time so you can pass it to him and he jams it over everyone, Carter can break down any defender one-on-one and everyone else is as wet as they possibly could be. I dropped 51 points with Shard all from beyond the arc, 17-19 from 3pt land.

I had Live10, way better than Live09, not as good as 2K10 just yet, who knows maybe next year.

Everybody keeps saying Orlando..But is my 2K game the only game that has Houston as the hardest team to beat???? I'm talking about HOF level....Shane Battier and Ariza break me down each time I play them...And Yao grabs all the rebounds....And McGrady plays almost as good as Kobe.

I haven't been beat my Orlando yet on any level....I have a harder time against the Pacers then I did thE mAGIC.

I beat them on HOF already, I play inside with Howard and he blocks everyone lol, literally got 7 blks in the quarter on the Sixers, 21 total. I don't play against the Magic much so idk if they are hard to beat, but I'm undefeated with them sooo...

How do u alley-oop for PS3??

Hold L2 and press X when the dunker is cutting to the rim.

I love the career mode in 2K10, but I believe the game is way to easy. I started last week and I'm already level 64. I'm currently playing for the Lakers as Fisher's backup.
:)

I really enjoy the game

Yeah I'm starting SF for the Clipps, we have the 3rd best record in the West.

KH12
10-17-2009, 11:46 PM
We are looking for someone to take over the Grizzlies in the PSD 2K10 League (Xbox 360). PM me if you're interested.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410629

Bulls_fan90
10-18-2009, 12:02 AM
One thing I noticed about the game though is that they wont allow guys to use #23, #33 with the Bulls as the numbers are retired. Thought that was pretty cool.

That has always been the case. Everytime i sign Lebron (fantasy draft) he wears another number.

SportsManiacSJ
10-18-2009, 12:21 AM
has anybodys 2k10 froze yet? For example, durant was about to shoot free throws but instead of the refs giving him the ball, the players were moving around the ft line for like 10 mins.

IRUAM #21
10-18-2009, 12:38 AM
has anybodys 2k10 froze yet? For example, durant was about to shoot free throws but instead of the refs giving him the ball, the players were moving around the ft line for like 10 mins.

Yes, save the game and then come back. It will be back to normal.

Raph12
10-18-2009, 12:39 AM

No, but while I was playing career mode, Eric Gordon drained a 3, the pts weren't added, the ball bounced out-of-bounds and he got to shoot a freethrow... I guess there are still a few glitches, just don't happen that often. First and only glitch so far, one every 12 days isn't too bad in my book.

MheatDwade03
10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
I have had NBA2k10 for about three weeks. I love the MyPlayer feature which allows you to create your player and take him through the cut process and training camps with different teams. I also like the CPU challenge playing on hall of fame. the only problems I see is thereaction time in online playing and the shot release sytem. But hands down 2k blow away NBA live.

MheatDwade03
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM
I will beat you with the heat. I play on ps3 though

MheatDwade03
10-22-2009, 11:50 AM
oh yea I will beat ANYBODY in this game on ps3. with the heat. try me

Chronz
10-22-2009, 11:56 AM
People please download and rate my Realistic Rosters, they are on the top downloads and most rated section. if you got a problem with the rosters let me know PLZ no hating

DerekRE_3
10-22-2009, 12:07 PM
People please download and rate my Realistic Rosters, they are on the top downloads and most rated section. if you got a problem with the rosters let me know PLZ no hating

I was about to ask you if you were going to upload your rosters to the 2k server.

jimbobjarree
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I will cronz when I get internet.

my player: does anyone else have the guy after every game saying loads of teams are interested in you, make your decision carefully and then theres nowhere to actually make my decision so I stick with the same team.

and what happens at FA, can you sign a multi year contract, or is it the same **** going through camp again?

Chronz
10-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys, its the first draft so let me know of anything I mightve missed, but Im trying to make it as realistic as possible, and I know for damn sure 2K Insider doesnt know what hes doing.

DerekRE_3
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I will cronz when I get internet.

my player: does anyone else have the guy after every game saying loads of teams are interested in you, make your decision carefully and then theres nowhere to actually make my decision so I stick with the same team.

and what happens at FA, can you sign a multi year contract, or is it the same **** going through camp again?

Yes I have that problem after pretty much every game. Also on my stats it says I've played like 30 games when I've played half that.

I am up to 63 overall though. :cool:

jimbobjarree
10-22-2009, 12:36 PM
I be 60 woopwoop

and to the guy that said his has frozen, I have troubles with the stats, sometimes they bring up future schedules and they get stuck blocking my view for a play. Once the ref passed it to a player and they passed it back to the ref and that went on for a while. Still a few glitches out there for them to iron out, but I dont have internet for 2 weeks so I cant get an update will then even if ones avail.

ElMarroAfamado
10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
everyday i play this game something new impresses me

have you guys seen whne the opposing team tries to shoot in front of the home teams bench the guy get up and yell stuff out trying to distract him?
kicked ball call....
clear path to the basket foul.....

tony parkers patented running floater

little stuff like this i notice
i normally only play online so i hardly get to see that many new animations
cuz EVERYONE PICKS THE SAME TEAMS
(Lakers, Magic, Cavs)

but i pick the Clippers :)

ElMarroAfamado
10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
by the way the "NBA TODAY"
thing has to be the coolest feature ever

jimbobjarree
10-22-2009, 12:44 PM
^I get what your saying, they've added all the small things, like Deron pushing the ball up the floor at speed is pretty uncanny. And my player fell into the mop boy the other day, when the refs get in the way its annoying though

DerekRE_3
10-22-2009, 12:45 PM
I be 60 woopwoop

and to the guy that said his has frozen, I have troubles with the stats, sometimes they bring up future schedules and they get stuck blocking my view for a play. Once the ref passed it to a player and they passed it back to the ref and that went on for a while. Still a few glitches out there for them to iron out, but I dont have internet for 2 weeks so I cant get an update will then even if ones avail.

My big problem as far as actually playing the game goes is shooting. Even though my mid range is almost 90 I was missing too many mid range jumpers. Quick fix for that...just edited my player and made him "learn" Ray Allen's jumpshot. Oh baby do I look sexy when I shoot now.

jimbobjarree
10-22-2009, 12:47 PM
yeah you have to have a shooting style your comfortable with. My guy has the deron williams J and the KG free throw, though I've gone wayyy rusty at the KG free throw

DerekRE_3
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
yeah you have to have a shooting style your comfortable with. My guy has the deron williams J and the KG free throw, though I've gone wayyy rusty at the KG free throw

I still can't find a free throw stroke I'm comfortable with. I mean I could go with G Force but havin a Ray Allen jumper with a Gerald Wallace free throw just seems silly.