PDA

View Full Version : Gordon coming off Pistons bench?

OA SLAY
10-03-2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/121410?asid=61675011 $55 million is alot of $$$ for a Bench player...Didnt he leave Chi for this reason?

Toenail Clipper
10-03-2009, 10:56 PM
No.
I have a feeling they might be trading Rip Hamilton for a big before the deadline.

JordansBulls
10-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah you shouldn't pay more than 9-10 million for a bench player unless it is a team that is a legit title contender.

Tater Noggin
10-03-2009, 11:32 PM
But when you bench play has the availability to drop 40 a night.....

69centers
10-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Hey, they supposedly lied to AI, so why not lie to BG?

TheShock45
10-04-2009, 12:09 AM
PLEASEEEE RIP FOR SAMMY DALEMBERT

come onnn rip running the princeton O omg that would be SICKKKKKKK and this would open up a spot for jason smith EVEN THO he will have that spot by about week 3

zambo4president
10-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Ewww Ben Gordon!

Gators123
10-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey, they supposedly lied to AI, so why not lie to BG?

Do you know what you're talking about? AI was not lied to, He said he would do ANYTHING it took to win http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_Z-9QpOvg.

And BG Was told by Joe D. And Rip before he even signed the contract that he would be a bench player and Rip was the starter.

Bulls_fan90
10-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Do you know what you're talking about? AI was not lied to, He said he would do ANYTHING it took to win http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_Z-9QpOvg.

And BG Was told by Joe D. And Rip before he even signed the contract that he would be a bench player and Rip was the starter.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/iverson-pistons-lied-about-his-role-on-the-team-279823.html

Kyben36
10-04-2009, 12:59 AM
But when you bench play has the availability to drop 40 a night.....

But, when you have a player who comits 3+ turnovers a game. and also goes for under 10 points just as much as he goes for over 35. BG is overated, and as a bulls fan, I am not saying that out of spite, His Assist to TO ratio is probably one of the worst in the league for a guard.

Raph12
10-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Ben Gordon is WAY overrated, he's a scorer plain and simple, nothing more, nothing less. He is solid off the bench and effective that way, why would JD try to fix something that isn't broken?

zambo4president
10-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Ben Gordon is WAY overrated, he's a scorer plain and simple, nothing more, nothing less. He is solid off the bench and effective that way, why would JD try to fix something that isn't broken?

He's not a scorer at all. He's a streaky shooter.

iggypop123
10-04-2009, 01:04 AM
no takers for rip's contract

Gators123
10-04-2009, 01:05 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/iverson-pistons-lied-about-his-role-on-the-team-279823.html

Okay? AI lied about being lied to, just like he lied when he said he would do anything it took to win. :facepalm:

Gators123
10-04-2009, 01:13 AM
But, when you have a player who comits 3+ turnovers a game. and also goes for under 10 points just as much as he goes for over 35. BG is overated, and as a bulls fan, I am not saying that out of spite, His Assist to TO ratio is probably one of the worst in the league for a guard.

Hes overrated now that hes a Piston?, Its funny I don't remember hearing one Boo while he was on the floor last year in the playoffs.

Gators123
10-04-2009, 01:20 AM

Ben Gordon is not a scorer? I swear this site is filled with 11 year old little boys that know absolutely nothing about basketball.

KH12
10-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Gordon is an inconsistent scorer. He didn't like coming off the bench in Chicago, I doubt it will be long (if they keep Hamilton) until Gordon voices his displeasure with it in Detroit.

Gators123
10-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Gordon is an inconsistent scorer. He didn't like coming off the bench in Chicago, I doubt it will be long (if they keep Hamilton) until Gordon voices his displeasure with it in Detroit.

BG signed with the pistons knowing he would be the 6th man, If he wasn't okay with being a bench player he would not be in Detroit.

KH12
10-04-2009, 01:39 AM
It's not like Gordon had a whole bunch of options. The Bulls didn't want him back at that price, and I'm not sure the other teams with cap room did either. He jumped on that contract offer as soon as it was offered to him. It was all about the money for Ben on why he went to Detroit.

zambo4president
10-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Ben Gordon is not a scorer? I swear this site is filled with 11 year old little boys that know absolutely nothing about basketball.

You must be one of those 11 year olds then. Because i for damn sure know what im talking about. And especially as a Bulls fan, Ben Gordon is not a scorer. He is an inconsistent shooter. And now that i've really thought about it we are much better off with him gone.

Trouble87
10-04-2009, 01:46 AM
that is insane.... they must be trying to trade Rip

Gators123
10-04-2009, 01:52 AM
And now that i've really thought about it we are much better off with him gone.

Now that's funny, Just wait a couple months and I highly doubt you will be saying that.

Gators123
10-04-2009, 01:53 AM
that is insane.... they must be trying to trade Rip

:facepalm: No....

phoenix_bladen
10-04-2009, 03:12 AM
ben gordon just wanted money plain and simple

nobody would have offered him that contract he should be happy about that regardless of he comes off the bench or not

now he will be one untradable player.........

HiphopRelated
10-04-2009, 08:36 AM
and credibility that just went out the window.....

Gordon is the definition of a scorer

Bulls fans don't realise how much they'll miss him yet. Derrick Rose has not shown the ability to consistently create for others in the NBA(6 assists in 37mpg isn't impressive).....the only reason Bulls made a push late last year is because BG and Salmons can both get their own shots. That offense will stall out something horrible at times this year.

JWO35
10-04-2009, 09:30 AM
It's not like Gordon had a whole bunch of options. The Bulls didn't want him back at that price, and I'm not sure the other teams with cap room did either. He jumped on that contract offer as soon as it was offered to him. It was all about the money for Ben on why he went to Detroit.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't the Bulls offer him the same contract a couple of years ago, and he declined it :rolleyes:

Gordon declined a five-year, $50 million contract extension in September, 2007, and six years and $58 million last September.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bulls/ben_gordon/

Anyway...I think the Pistons end up trading Rip before the Deadline.

HouRealCoach
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Gordon is a bench player... that is when Chicago played better

PBG
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM
edit: jwo35 beat me to it....

MackSnackWrap
10-04-2009, 09:58 AM
naw i dont think theyd sign a guy to a huge contract like that and make him come of the bench

Gators123
10-04-2009, 10:02 AM
naw i dont think theyd sign a guy to a huge contract like that and make him come of the bench

Yes, They did.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/233177-john-kuester-has-spoken-rip-hamilton-will-be-the-starter

"John Kuester has spoken, and made his decision known to all.

Richard "Rip" Hamilton will be the starter in most cases, but he has to understand that there will be games where Ben and him will both get starter minutes. Ben may even start in some contests.

When asked how he feels about that, Rip said, "That is fine with me. I'll do whatever it takes to help the team, and Ben is a great player and person."

When asked the same question, Gordon said, "I figured it would be this way when I signed for now, and I respect the decision. Rip was here first, and he's a leader on this team. It will work for the best."

KnicksorBust
10-04-2009, 10:22 AM
It's surprising someone would get that contract and be a bench player but they really didn't have much choice when you think about it. You can't bench Rip or Tayshaun and they really want Stuckey to prove he's a big part of their future. You wouldn't start Gordon at PG but he can play there with Rip off the bench.

NastyRud
10-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Hes overrated now that hes a Piston?, Its funny I don't remember hearing one Boo while he was on the floor last year in the playoffs.

Actually yes there was. I would say it was 50 /50. Half of us wanted him gone and half wanted him to stay. And no doubt Detroit fans will feel the same way by the All-Star game.

Gators123
10-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Actually yes there was. I would say it was 50 /50. Half of us wanted him gone and half wanted him to stay. And no doubt Detroit fans will feel the same way by the All-Star game.

50/50? yeah right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-yyO_O81iY

BkOriginalOne
10-04-2009, 12:28 PM
BG is going to be their vinnie Johnson I don't think Dumars would have it any other way.

JWO35
10-04-2009, 12:32 PM
50/50? yeah right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-yyO_O81iY

Yep...that's 50/50 alright :cool:

Gators123
10-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Yep...that's 50/50 alright :cool:

thank you :clap:

mzee24
10-04-2009, 12:46 PM
ok lets get something straight... yes he is a bench player who is getting payed about 9 million and that may seem to be overpriced. But you are forgetting he will be getting starters minutes and will always be on the floor in the 4th quarter. second of all...many people recently have claimed Detroit will be a weak defense team well...when chauncey(typical nba journey man), rip(skinny guy who can only shoot), and tayshaun(skinny rookie) came to detroit who would have thought this team would have been so great defensively? Its all about the defensive system they play in! DO NOT write anything off yes gordon might be a sub-par defensive player but put him in a good defensive system and i guarantee you that you'll think differently.

69centers
10-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Yes, he said "anything" but he never said bench. You're talking about a guy who talks about "practice" and means "practice". If he doesn't say the word "bench" he doesn't mean it.

Just knowing AI, I believe him that he was told he would not come off the bench.

Gators123
10-04-2009, 12:54 PM
ok lets get something straight... yes he is a bench player who is getting payed about 9 million and that may seem to be overpriced. But you are forgetting he will be getting starters minutes and will always be on the floor in the 4th quarter. second of all...many people recently have claimed Detroit will be a weak defense team well...when chauncey(typical nba journey man), rip(skinny guy who can only shoot), and tayshaun(skinny rookie) came to detroit who would have thought this team would have been so great defensively? Its all about the defensive system they play in! DO NOT write anything off yes gordon might be a sub-par defensive player but put him in a good defensive system and i guarantee you that you'll think differently.

mzee speaks the truth! :D

Gators123
10-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes, he said "anything" but he never said bench. You're talking about a guy who talks about "practice" and means "practice". If he doesn't say the word "bench" he doesn't mean it.

Just knowing AI, I believe him that he was told he would not come off the bench.

"(Coming off the bench) is something I have to deal with," Iverson said. "That's not going to be a problem. And I wouldn't cheat the game, I wouldn't cheat myself, my family and friends ... I wouldn't cheat all them because of a situation. It's just another obstacle in my life that I have to overcome."

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2009/03/iverson_says_coming_off_bench.html

AI didn't even try to be a productive player coming off the bench, he quite on the pistons and he only hurt himself.

KH12
10-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't the Bulls offer him the same contract a couple of years ago, and he declined it :rolleyes:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bulls/ben_gordon/

Anyway...I think the Pistons end up trading Rip before the Deadline.

They didn't offer him a contract this season when it mattered. Gordon actually accepted a 5 year deal from the Bulls before last season, but it was past the deadline Bulls management put in place so the Bulls said no. I'm no GM, but it doesn't seem like they wanted him back all that much.

PBG
10-04-2009, 01:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I

zambo4president
10-04-2009, 02:49 PM
and credibility that just went out the window.....

Gordon is the definition of a scorer

Bulls fans don't realise how much they'll miss him yet. Derrick Rose has not shown the ability to consistently create for others in the NBA(6 assists in 37mpg isn't impressive).....the only reason Bulls made a push late last year is because BG and Salmons can both get their own shots. That offense will stall out something horrible at times this year.

Oh my god, this is so frustrating. I cannot wait until the season begins, when the Bulls won't miss Ben, the Pistons will regret signing him, and then im right and you can't deny it :D

PBG
10-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh my god, this is so frustrating. I cannot wait until the season begins, when the Bulls won't miss Ben, the Pistons will regret signing him, and then im right and you can't deny it :D

:down:

vash9
10-04-2009, 03:17 PM
What if Ben Gordon didn't mind being a bench player.

after all, his contract is a smacking $55 Million right?...

i wouldn't mind playing for that much especially if i can sit down half the game...