PDA

View Full Version : Bynum and Kareem breakup

Toenail Clipper
10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Bynum believes he doesn't need Kareem anymore despite the fact that he hasn't even played a full-season as an adult (non-rookie or sophomore). It's a shallow act.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-thebigbynumkareembre&prov=tsn&type=lgns

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 11:35 PM
i didnt go to the link u provided, cuz im lazy, lol

but i heard yesterday that drew will get some help, but will not need kareem that much as he wanted him in the past. their relationship has gone a bit sour, cuz bynum is an idiot and still immature.

69centers
10-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Kareem should ditch LA and go join the Bucks coaching staff or something. It also shouldn't be up to Bynum. The Lakers seem to be falling out with KAJ?

MackSnackWrap
10-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Idiot event hough he has potential to be big but stupid move

bahama0811
10-02-2009, 11:48 PM
That's too bad.

Teeboy1487
10-02-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm the one of biggest Lakers fan on this site, but I am a little angered by this. Bynum is acting like he is an all-star already. He is nothing right now. He still has a lot to prove and his game still needs refining. Most guys in the nba would be humbled to have Kareem at their side. Bynum is acting like an arrogant prick ( I still say we overpaid for him). I'm sorry my fellow laker fans, but I am pissed about this.

Raph12
10-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Maybe he will follow Kobe and ask Olajuwan for training... probably not, but just some wishful thinking.

_KB24_
10-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Ship Bynums *** out before we let go of the originial "Captain". This was a DUMBASS move and I can't believe that the Lakers are actually tyreating Kareem like this. Everyone knows that Kareem will like to get into coaching and the least they can do is OFFER him a proper assistant coach role. I have a feeling Kareem will leave and I will be extremely pissed with Jerry Buss and Bynum.

asandhu23
10-03-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm the one of biggest Lakers fan on this site, but I am a little angered by this. Bynum is acting like he is an all-star already. He is nothing right now. He still has a lot to prove and his game still needs refining. Most guys in the nba would be humbled to have Kareem at their side. Bynum is acting like an arrogant prick ( I still say we overpaid for him). I'm sorry my fellow laker fans, but I am pissed about this.

thats because you lakers fans treat him like one. its gotten to his head

asandhu23
10-03-2009, 03:00 AM
Ship Bynums *** out before we let go of the originial "Captain". This was a DUMBASS move and I can't believe that the Lakers are actually tyreating Kareem like this. Everyone knows that Kareem will like to get into coaching and the least they can do is OFFER him a proper assistant coach role. I have a feeling Kareem will leave and I will be extremely pissed with Jerry Buss and Bynum.

not the the original captain. Wilt Chamberlain and George Mikan were.

DerekRE_3
10-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Dumb move Bynum.

GoatMilk
10-03-2009, 03:04 AM

he is gonna be an all-star this season

Yao is out
Shaq is gone

who's gonna get the most votes?
yup, Bynum

sure everyone can say he doesnt deserve it(we got to see first), neither did AI last season

B.JenningsMVP
10-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Dumbass

Mavrix
10-03-2009, 03:35 AM
hahahahahaha

Bynums roof = 15 and 9

_KB24_
10-03-2009, 03:42 AM
^^ Bynum= champion on a championship team

Dirk= Declining star with no rings

You took the shot first.

Lone Maverick
10-03-2009, 04:02 AM

You took the shot first.

How is Dirk declining? Hes the same age as Kobe. Not trying to get into some big thing here.

Not a smart move by Bynum imo but hes still young and will probably learn from this mistake one day.

abe_froman
10-03-2009, 04:07 AM
How is Dirk declining? Hes the same age as Kobe. Not trying to get into some big thing here.

Not a smart move by Bynum imo but hes still young and will probably learn from this mistake one day.

he was offended by a fan saying bynum's roof will 15/9.taking it as diss against the lakers so he felt to respond in kind

...its all very stupid

breedlove2drug
10-03-2009, 04:10 AM

What in the world are you talking about. Bynum just thinks that he doesn't need a "special" coach anymore. Plus, Kareem isn't going to teach him defense. Bynum needs to be a defender not just a scorer. Andrew is still going to work with Kareem, just not as as much. Cool your jets, you shouldn't be pissed.

breedlove2drug
10-03-2009, 04:21 AM
I really don't understand why people here think Bynum is doing something stupid. The team objective for Bynum is for him to be a defender. Phil wants him to defend, rebound, ect. Kareem is only teaching him offense. So, I don't see how Bynum made a stupid move. Also, it's not like he isn't going to stop practicing with Kareem. He will still have his one on one practices with Kareem, just not as much.

rockets2
10-03-2009, 04:52 AM

You took the shot first.

So:facepalm:. DIRK>>>>>>>>> bynum

lakerboy
10-03-2009, 05:01 AM
Normally I'd be furious about this, but Kareem is such a douchebag. I met him once and I hate his ***. I was trying to get an autograph, but before I came near him I saw a kid who asked for an autograph on a baseball, he just brushed him off. I didn't even bother asking him anymore. I was so turned off, I just left.

blazerman
10-03-2009, 05:35 AM

You took the shot first.

Without Kobe and Gasol, Bynum would be ringless as well, he couldnt lead a pack of hungry wolves to meat!

Dirk is far better than Bynum but never had the team around him like Bynum has, big difference so that comeback was really lacking merit!

On the flipside Bynum is a champ and no one can ever take that away, but he was just a role player at best on a championship team that was lead by a great player Kobe.

On this topic though, Kareem's game was way different than what Bynum's is and it probably has run it's course for what he can gain, there comes a point when guys need to change direction to better their game and Kareem was great and all, but Kareems game was perfect for a totally different offense than the triangle and his teaching's can only benefit Bynum's game so much. I doubt he was trying to slight Jabbar and if he was then yeah, it was a bad move on his part.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-03-2009, 05:50 AM

true. we do treat him like hes sum god or sumthing. i mean the kids goood but in no way ever to turn down help from one of the g.o.a.t

IversonIsKrazy
10-03-2009, 02:08 PM
man, w/o KAreem i dont c Bynum progressing into an all-star. If Kareem wasnt there, i think Bynums best would be a 12/9 season, after training w/ Kareem he can get 16/10. He can be better w/ Kareem's training, but wow was this stupid from Bynum. I dont c Bynum becoming an all-star w/o the training of Kareem. Bottom Line: Stupid move by Bynum

ManRam
10-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Wouldn't be happy if I were a Laker/Bynum fan. Nothing good about this. Not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely not a good thing.

ManRam
10-03-2009, 02:14 PM

You took the shot first.

Bynum sat on the bench far more than he was on the court last playoffs. He was not an integral part of that championship team at all.

Teeboy1487
10-03-2009, 02:29 PM
:rolleyes: I never treated him like an all star. When he played well, I gave him credit, but I did not go overboard. So, don't throw around "you lakers' fans" before you know how all of them think.

Teeboy1487
10-03-2009, 02:37 PM
What in the world are you talking about. Bynum just thinks that he doesn't need a "special" coach anymore. Plus, Kareem isn't going to teach him defense. Bynum needs to be a defender not just a scorer. Andrew is still going to work with Kareem, just not as as much. Cool your jets, you shouldn't be pissed. Five good games don't make him an expert. Bynum is still young and he still needs help. I don't see Dwight saying He don't need Ewing anymore even though he is one of the best defending big men in the league if not the best. Also, Kareem teaches him more than offense, he teaches him how to play the game period. I just thought it was a slap in Kareem's face. I am rooting for Bynum more than anyone, but this did piss me off.

Hellcrooner
10-03-2009, 03:35 PM
this kid needs a tough lesson.

If im Phil i sit him in the bench the holse season and start Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Odom and Pau.

giv ehim like 10 mpg until he stops being an idiot.

For gos sake we need to traede this bum while he still has some value...

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I dont understand why everyone is so upset. Kareem is not a good coach! Which is why he couldn't even latch on to the Clippers for more than a year. Kareem has no personality. He is not personable. Everyone who has ever met him concurs. He has been lobbying for a coaching job for ever now. There is a reason why nobody has given him a shot.

Also, Kareem's game was entirely different from Bynums game. Bynum is not skilled like Kareem was. He has more of a power game. Kareem is trying to teach him skill moves and sometimes it does not translate to certain players. It would be like Kareem trying to turn Shaq or D Howard into finesse players. I cant imagine what Kareem could teach him this season that he did not teach him the first 4 years he was with him. If everyone thinks Kareem is such a great coach, go ahead and invite him to coach your big man.

asandhu23
10-03-2009, 04:52 PM
:rolleyes: I never treated him like an all star. When he played well, I gave him credit, but I did not go overboard. So, don't throw around "you lakers' fans" before you know how all of them think.

well. you can;t deny lakers people put him up there. you by yourself may not treat him so but there are lakers fans who put him as an all star.

breedlove2drug
10-03-2009, 05:08 PM
I dont understand why everyone is so upset. Kareem is not a good coach! Which is why he couldn't even latch on to the Clippers for more than a year. Kareem has no personality. He is not personable. Everyone who has ever met him concurs. He has been lobbying for a coaching job for ever now. There is a reason why nobody has given him a shot.

Also, Kareem's game was entirely different from Bynums game. Bynum is not skilled like Kareem was. He has more of a power game. Kareem is trying to teach him skill moves and sometimes it does not translate to certain players. It would be like Kareem trying to turn Shaq or D Howard into finesse players. I cant imagine what Kareem could teach him this season that he did not teach him the first 4 years he was with him. If everyone thinks Kareem is such a great coach, go ahead and invite him to coach your big man.

exactly

breedlove2drug
10-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Five good games don't make him an expert. Bynum is still young and he still needs help. I don't see Dwight saying He don't need Ewing anymore even though he is one of the best defending big men in the league if not the best. Also, Kareem teaches him more than offense, he teaches him how to play the game period. I just thought it was a slap in Kareem's face. I am rooting for Bynum more than anyone, but this did piss me off.

Bynum never said that he doesn't need Kareem. He is just moving on to what he needs to work on, which is being a defender. That is what Phil wants and Bynum is accepting that role. Read the article carefully. Kareem is not only taking a lesser role with Bynum, but with the Lakers as well.

Bynum has his own direction and he still wants Kareem to work with him.

_KB24_
10-03-2009, 06:57 PM
well. you can;t deny lakers people put him up there. you by yourself may not treat him so but there are lakers fans who put him as an all star.

Yeah there are but there are also warrior homers that rank Monta as an all star. They've both had some frustrating/freak injuries and I don't see anything wrong with discussing their all star capabilities.

bagwell368
10-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Bynum and Kareem breakup? I didn't know that they were going together.

Time will tell.

mrmike101
10-03-2009, 07:18 PM

You took the shot first.

Sean Marks is a greater champion than bynum will ever be.

op12
10-03-2009, 08:19 PM
lakers fans made him out to be a top 5 center in the league and even higher in mosts opinion. he has the idea in his head that he is already great and doesnt need the help. whether or not he has kareems skills he should let kareem teach him some offense. crazy to not want to learn from one of the best.

breedlove2drug
10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
lakers fans made him out to be a top 5 center in the league and even higher in mosts opinion. he has the idea in his head that he is already great and doesnt need the help. whether or not he has kareems skills he should let kareem teach him some offense. crazy to not want to learn from one of the best.

Who said he isn't going to let Kareem teach him offense.. Kareem is still going to teach him

Raps08-09 Champ
10-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Who wouldn't want to learn from an arguably top 5 player?

Bad move.

breedlove2drug
10-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Who wouldn't want to learn from an arguably top 5 player?

Bad move.

Bynum never said that.. read the article carefully

Raps08-09 Champ
10-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Bynum never said that.. read the article carefully

I never said that he said that.

But that thing is sort of implied.

If you had Jabbar training you and you say you don't want him anymore, wouldn't it be because you don't think you need him anymore.

breedlove2drug
10-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I never said that he said that.

But that thing is sort of implied.

If you had Jabbar training you and you say you don't want him anymore, wouldn't it be because you don't think you need him anymore.

That could be one point, but I think it's because he wants to focus on a more defensive role, like what Phil wants him to do. I mean, Kareem is still going to work with him.

Toenail Clipper
10-04-2009, 01:01 AM
That could be one point, but I think it's because he wants to focus on a more defensive role, like what Phil wants him to do. I mean, Kareem is still going to work with him.

So you're saying Kareem never had defense?

ARMIN12NBA
10-04-2009, 02:41 AM
The title of the thread is greatly misleading. Bynum and KAJ are still going to workout together, watch film together, and work on moves together.

Their contact will simply decrease, but not end.

Chronz
10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
hahahahahaha

Bynums roof = 15 and 9

Your lowballing the kid tenfolds, thats his ceiling because hes that good now

Chronz
10-04-2009, 11:30 AM
It was a move that had to be done eventually, now seems as good a time as any considering hes already provided a full seasons worth of All-Star caliber play in limited MPG. The next step is not letting fatigue and foul trouble get the best of you. There is little for Kareem left to teach him.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-04-2009, 11:39 AM
It was a move that had to be done eventually, now seems as good a time as any considering hes already provided a full seasons worth of All-Star caliber play in limited MPG. The next step is not letting fatigue and foul trouble get the best of you. There is little for Kareem left to teach him.

You can never learn too much. Kareem is arguably a top 5 player. I'm sure there is still a lot to teach. Bynum could still improve is already good defense and his offense(Hook shot, positioning, etc) could still use some help.

And saying something like that could give people the wrong impression. They might think you are saying that Bynum can be better than Kareem.

Chronz
10-04-2009, 11:47 AM
**** hes better than Kareem today isnt he, what more can you learn from a guy your better than?

jk

Seriously though I wouldnt want Kareem to teach Bynum defense, they have totally different body structures, Id rather have Shaq teach Bynum defense and hes not a very accomplished defender, though when his mind was right he was pretty good. Id hire Jason Collins to teach Bynum the art of boxing out and allowing your teammates to grab the rebound rather than whatever tactic Kareem has taught the kid because hes damn inconsistent on that end.

From what I gather hes still going to get help with his skill moves offensively, theres no reason for them not to, he just doesnt want Kareem to be his master anymore. Having dealt through a similar experience at work, its much easier to work with someone once your on equal footing.

Maybe thats all this is, its not like when Kandi man left Kareem because he thought he was outdated. This is a natural sequence of events, Bynums shown hes good and skilled, the only thing he hasnt proven is that he can avoid having his teammates injure him.

You guys will find out soon enough, this kid is an all-star NOW.

Bucks24226
10-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Kareem should ditch LA and go join the Bucks coaching staff or something. It also shouldn't be up to Bynum. The Lakers seem to be falling out with KAJ?

hell yeah he could help bogut and warrick

Tblaze
10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
The fact KAJ was that good of a player doesn't meen he's that good of a coach too... Playing, and trying teach the same to other people is a whole different story.. We're not there when they work out together, so maybe it's true that Bynum won't learn much from him anymore. I can imagine working with someone for 4 years after a while it will just become a routine and you don't feel like you're learning much anymore...

arlubas
10-04-2009, 02:34 PM

You took the shot first.
Bynum can only dream of becoming the kind of player Dirk is.

Lindsay Hunter has a ring as well, does that make him better than Dirk too? :rolleyes:

chicagocubsfan
10-04-2009, 02:40 PM

You took the shot first. So was sun yue, your point?

Hellcrooner
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
anyway i think kareem would be bettero of teaching pau, they are more similar in type of play finesse isntead of strenght

_KB24_
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Bynum can only dream of becoming the kind of player Dirk is.

Lindsay Hunter has a ring as well, does that make him better than Dirk too? :rolleyes:

So was sun yue, your point?

I was only taking a shot at a RIDUCLOUS post above me that said Bynums roof was at "15 and 9". I'm not comparing them both but I'm just saying that Bynum is on a championship team and on the rise, While Dirk has his best years behind him and his chances of getting a ring as the 1st option are very slim.

breedlove2drug
10-05-2009, 01:05 AM
So you're saying Kareem never had defense?

When did I say that?

G-Funk
10-05-2009, 11:15 AM
DAng, Non Lakers fans are more butt hurt then us Lakers fans. I personally always thought that Kareem was not the best coach for Bynum, because of Kareems style of play and body structure compared to Bynums is way different. Bynum looks to be more of a power player like Shaq. Also before everyone starts dissing Bynum we should all wait and see what he can do this year.