PDA

View Full Version : Which Players are a Lock to make it to the 2010 NBA All-Star Game?

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 09:59 PM
First question, if every NBA player who is currently healthy entering the start of the 09-10 season stays healthy, which of those players are a LOCK to make it to the All-Star Game in Dallas?

Second question, which players have a "chance" to make it to the All-Star Game?

LOCK

Western Conference

Kobe Bryant-Los Angeles Lakers
Tim Duncan-San Antonio Spurs (is now healthy aka no nagging injuries)
Chris Paul-New Orleans Hornets
Pau Gasol-Los Angeles Lakers
Dirk Nowitzki-Dallas Mavericks
Carmelo Anthony-Denver Nuggets
Brandon Roy-Portland Trailblazers
Allen Iverson-Memphis Grizzlies (is now healthy)

Eastern Conference

Dwyane Wade-Miami Heat
Lebron James-Cleveland Cavaliers
Kevin Garnett-Boston Celtics (is now healthy)
Dwight Howard-Orlando Magic
Paul Pierce-Boston Celtics
Chris Bosh-Toronto Raptors (is now healthy aka no nagging injuries)
Gilbert Arenas-Washington Wizards (is now healthy)
Shaquille O'Neal-Cleveland Cavaliers
Vince Carter-Orlando Magic

CHANCE

Western Conference

Amare Stoudamire-Phoenix Suns
Chauncey Billups-Denver Nuggets
Andrew Bynum-Los Angeles Lakers (is now healthy)
Al Jefferson-Minnesota Timberwolves (coming back from torn acl)
Tracy McGrady-Houston Rockets (still banged up but will return)
Ron Artest-Los Angeles Lakers
David West-New Orleans Hornets
Baron Davis-Los Angeles Clippers (is now healthy)
Steve Nash-Phoenix Suns (is now healthy aka no nagging injuries)
Tony Parker-San Antonio Spurs
Richard Jefferson-San Antonio Spurs
Deron Williams-Utah Jazz

Eastern Conference

Derrick Rose-Chicago Bulls
Ray Allen-Boston Celtics
Jameer Nelson-Orlando Magic (is now healthy)
Rashard Lewis-Orlando Magic
Hedo Turkoglu-Toronto Raptors
Caron Butler-Washington Wizards (is now healthy aka no nagging injuries)
Antawn Jamison-Washington Wizards
Joe Johnson-Atlanta Hawks
Danny Granger-Indiana Pacers
Michael Redd-Milwaukee Bucks (coming back from torn ACL)
Rajon Rondo-Boston Celtics

Who are your picks for LOCK in each conference, and CHANCE in each conference to make it to 2010 NBA ALL-STAR GAME?

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 10:29 PM
C'mon people, I'm really interested to know what yall think? I'm anticipating a very fun All-Star Game at Cowboy's Stadium in front of like an unprecendented 100,000+ fans!

SA5195
10-02-2009, 10:30 PM
If everything goes good, then I see Hedo going, he set his eyes to the all-star game when he came to the Raps.

Raph12
10-02-2009, 10:31 PM
First question, if every NBA player who is currently healthy entering the start of the 09-10 season stays healthy, which of those players are a LOCK to make it to the All-Star Game in Dallas?

LOCK

Western Conference

Eastern Conference

Dwyane Wade-Miami Heat

CHANCE

Western Conference

Eastern Conference

Ray Allen-Boston Celtics

Who are your picks for LOCK in each conference, and CHANCE in each conference to make it to 2010 NBA ALL-STAR GAME?

You're list is too generous IMO:

LOCK

Western Conference

Tim Duncan-San Antonio Spurs

Eastern Conference

Dwyane Wade-Miami Heat
Kevin Garnett-Boston Celtics
Chris Bosh-Toronto Raptors

CHANCE

Western Conference

Al Jefferson-Minnesota Timberwolves
Tracy McGrady-Houston Rockets
Steve Nash-Phoenix Suns

Eastern Conference

Ray Allen-Boston Celtics
Jameer Nelson-Orlando Magic

Toenail Clipper
10-02-2009, 10:31 PM
C'mon people, I'm really interested to know what yall think? I'm anticipating a very fun All-Star Game at Cowboy's Stadium in front of like an unprecendented 100,000+ fans!

You seem desperate.
Nobody reply to this, LOL

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 10:48 PM
You seem desperate.
Nobody reply to this, LOL

yes im desperate. im bored cuz nba season hasn't started yet. training camp is all good and dandy, but the real game is lakeshow vs clips on oct 27th. but since that still a few wks away, I'd go for preseason game on Oct 7th, but that too is another 5 days away :speechless:

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 10:52 PM
You're list is too generous IMO:

LOCK

Western Conference

Tim Duncan-San Antonio Spurs

Eastern Conference

Dwyane Wade-Miami Heat
Kevin Garnett-Boston Celtics
Chris Bosh-Toronto Raptors

CHANCE

Western Conference

Al Jefferson-Minnesota Timberwolves
Tracy McGrady-Houston Rockets
Steve Nash-Phoenix Suns

Eastern Conference

Ray Allen-Boston Celtics
Jameer Nelson-Orlando Magic

so our differences lie in that u think Pau Gasol will have a chance, but will not be a LOCk, and that Andrew Bynum has no chance at all?? Even with Shaq gone from the West, Yao out, and Al Jeff comin back for a "torn acl", which is much more different and much more severe than bynum's "torn mcl".

and ur saying paul pierce has a chance, but he too is not a LOCK like gasol. and that redd, butler, and rondo have no chance.

I guess other than those things, we agree for the most part.

Toenail Clipper
10-02-2009, 10:54 PM
yes im desperate. im bored cuz nba season hasn't started yet. training camp is all good and dandy, but the real game is lakeshow vs clips on oct 27th. but since that still a few wks away, I'd go for preseason game on Oct 7th, but that too is another 5 days away :speechless:

How can I watch preseason games?

what54!?
10-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I think durant makes it this year

Raph12
10-02-2009, 11:03 PM
so our differences lie in that u think Pau Gasol will have a chance, but will not be a LOCk, and that Andrew Bynum has no chance at all?? Even with Shaq gone from the West, Yao out, and Al Jeff comin back for a "torn acl", which is much more different and much more severe than bynum's "torn mcl".

and ur saying paul pierce has a chance, but he too is not a LOCK like gasol. and that redd, butler, and rondo have no chance.

I guess other than those things, we agree for the most part.

Pretty much yeah, Gasol will be competing with some pretty big names for the center or PF position so I won't lock him down just yet. Bynum hasn't stayed healthy enough for me to give him that type of respect yet.

Pierce will also be competing with some pretty strong company, so I'm not locking him down. Butler has alot more talent on his team this season and the ringleader (Arenas) comeback will mean a lesser role for everyone else; Redd is a year from retirement IMO; Rondo will be playing with a healthy and more talented Celtics roster so his stats will receive a hit so he's off my list.

MackSnackWrap
10-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Bosh is a lock

dwadefan03
10-02-2009, 11:08 PM

LOCK

Western Conference

Deron Williams-Jazz

Eastern Conference

Dwyane Wade-Miami Heat

CHANCE

Western Conference

Eastern Conference

Ray Allen-Boston Celtics
Michael Beasley-MIAMI HEAT

FIXED. o and vince carter is definatly not a LOCK.

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 11:20 PM
FIXED. o and vince carter is definatly not a LOCK.

my bad i forgot deron williams. he definitely is under the "chance" category. I think Vince is a LOCK in the fact that he could very well be voted a starter by the fans as he is pretty popular, just like how the fans could vote Iverson for the West cuz of his popularity. Plus, both players are now in different jerseys this season, and with jersey sales, their popularity rises, thus, better chance of them being voted by fans as starters for their respective conferences.

and no, michael beasley is nowhere near all-star level right now. first tell him to get off the crack, and then maybe we'll speak of the word "all-star" (no offense, u know its true, it is what it is). plus, with his crack problem and rehab this past summer, he won't have enuf of the other 29 nba teams' head coaches respect to make it as a reserve. so he's def out the window.

JNA17
10-02-2009, 11:22 PM
VC a lock? Hell no

what54!?
10-02-2009, 11:26 PM
my bad i forgot deron williams. he definitely is under the "chance" category. I think Vince is a LOCK in the fact that he could very well be voted a starter by the fans as he is pretty popular, just like how the fans could vote Iverson for the West cuz of his popularity. Plus, both players are now in different jerseys this season, and with jersey sales, their popularity rises, thus, better chance of them being voted by fans as starters for their respective conferences.

and no, michael beasley is nowhere near all-star level right now. first tell him to get off the crack, and then maybe we'll speak of the word "all-star" (no offense, u know its true, it is what it is). plus, with his crack problem and rehab this past summer, he won't have enuf of the other 29 nba teams' head coaches respect to make it as a reserve. so he's def out the window.uh first it was weed not crack plus the leauge made him go through rehab. Plus if beasley puts up great greats that help the heat win games coaches will give him consideration. But I doubt he gets him this year since pierce will get the starting spot and granger will be a scoring machine

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 11:31 PM
uh first it was weed not crack plus the leauge made him go through rehab. Plus if beasley puts up great greats that help the heat win games coaches will give him consideration. But I doubt he gets him this year since pierce will get the starting spot and granger will be a scoring machine

:rolleyes:

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 11:33 PM
How can I watch preseason games?

not sure about clipper preseason games, don't really know their schedule. lakeshow face the warriors on kcal 9 7 pm ish on Wed. Oct 7th and Fri. Oct 9th

Illuminati999
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
No-one. They haven't started voting yet.

dwadefan03
10-02-2009, 11:50 PM

and no, michael beasley is nowhere near all-star level right now. first tell him to get off the crack, and then maybe we'll speak of the word "all-star" (no offense, u know its true, it is what it is). plus, with his crack problem and rehab this past summer, he won't have enuf of the other 29 nba teams' head coaches respect to make it as a reserve. so he's def out the window.

ok lets please realize that michael beasley does not hve a drug PROBLEM. they dont even have proof that he actually used it. it was SUPPOSEDLY found in his room and then all the drama happened. even if he did i really wouldnt say he has a problem because do u really think he could survive an entire year of random testing. so he smokes some weed every now and then. i dont see how thats any different from smoking a cigarette. besides its estimated that 60 percent of the nba uses marijuana.

his so called "drug problem" is besides the point. if he does well for us this year i think he will make a strong case for the allstar game. maybe ur right about the coaches not liking him and stuff but ur way off on the "drug problem" madness.

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 11:51 PM
ok lets please realize that michael beasley does not hve a drug PROBLEM. they dont even have proof that he actually used it. it was SUPPOSEDLY found in his room and then all the drama happened. even if he did i really wouldnt say he has a problem because do u really think he could survive an entire year of random testing. so he smokes some weed every now and then. i dont see how thats any different from smoking a cigarette. besides its estimated that 60 percent of the nba uses marijuana.

his so called "drug problem" is besides the point. if he does well for us this year i think he will make a strong case for the allstar game. maybe ur right about the coaches not liking him and stuff but ur way off on the "drug problem" madness.

i was jokin, u took it seriously. my bad

point of the matter, beasley will not make it to ASG 2010

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 11:52 PM
No-one. They haven't started voting yet.

It's a bird...No, it's a plane......IT'S CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!!!!!

:eyebrow:

PrettyBoyJ
10-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Don't Feel Like Making a list but Kevin Durant is definitely gonna make an Allstar as well as Deron Williams

_KB24_
10-03-2009, 12:23 AM
The only locks I honestly see are:

Kobe
Paul
Duncan
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Dwight
Garnett

Their are some names that I left out (Dirk, Bosh, Pierce, Roy) that will most likely make it but I wouldn't consider them LOCKS.

ko8e24
10-03-2009, 12:34 AM
The only locks I honestly see are:

Kobe
Paul
Duncan
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Dwight
Garnett

Their are some names that I left out (Dirk, Bosh, Pierce, Roy) that will most likely make it but I wouldn't consider them LOCKS.

Allstar game is in Dallas, if the fans don't vote him in as a starter, the coaches fo sho will as a reserve. u can't have a all-star game in an unprecendented football stadium in front of 100,000 people in dallas if u don't have a player representing that city. u need at least one. the only exceptions i can think of recently were 00 in golden state (cuz they sucked), 03 in atlanta (cuz the hawks really sucked at that time), nuggets in 05 (anthony was not getting as much recognition as lebron and d-wade). mavs are not a bad team at all. they are wcf worthy, and dirk will get voted in. he is a LOCK

knickerbockerny
10-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Deron Williams is a lock if he does not get hurt, for the simple fact that he missed out last year and he is arguably the second best pg in the league. Derrick Rose has generated enough buzz to be voted into the line-up for the eastern conference, so he could be considered a lock. Durant is also going to make it.

ko8e24
10-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Deron Williams is a lock if he does not get hurt, for the simple fact that he missed out last year and he is arguably the second best pg in the league. Derrick Rose has generated enough buzz to be voted into the line-up for the eastern conference, so he could be considered a lock. Durant is also going to make it.

k-durant is not a lock, but i guez he has a chance

_KB24_
10-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Allstar game is in Dallas, if the fans don't vote him in as a starter, the coaches fo sho will as a reserve. u can't have a all-star game in an unprecendented football stadium in front of 100,000 people in dallas if u don't have a player representing that city. u need at least one. the only exceptions i can think of recently were 00 in golden state (cuz they sucked), 03 in atlanta (cuz the hawks really sucked at that time), nuggets in 05 (anthony was not getting as much recognition as lebron and d-wade). mavs are not a bad team at all. they are wcf worthy, and dirk will get voted in. he is a LOCK

Thanks totally forgot about the whole Dallas thing. He is definitely a lock then.

abe_froman
10-03-2009, 01:09 AM

i like deron alot but no way is he a lock,too many good/popular guards in the west make it so that only kobe and cp3 are the only real locks.

and as much buzz as rose has around him,i dont think its enough to make him considered a lock yet

Trouble87
10-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Lock

Kobe
Pau
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Billups
Superman II
CP3
Derron Williams
Rose
Bosh

Chance

Joe Johnson
Allen
Pierce
Nash
Amare
Areanas
Granger
Deng
KM23
Crash Wallace
AI

Basketballguy87
10-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Lock

Kobe
Pau
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Billups
Superman II
CP3
Derron Williams
Rose
Bosh

Chance

Joe Johnson
Allen
Pierce
Nash
Amare
Areanas
Granger
Deng
KM23
Crash Wallace
AI

You are Dumb! :facepalm: You don't have Duncan on lock or chance and you don't have Parker on chance?!

Illuminati999
10-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Fine... I'll play along...

West
These are really the only 4 that you can safely bet your wife and daughter's life on to be a lock, assuming they are healthy.

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki

Possible Players
Derron Williams
Tony Parker
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson
Jason Terry
Jason Richardson
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Carlos Boozer
David West
Amare Stoudemire
Al Jefferson
Yao Ming (Chinese people may still vote him in...)

Who really cares about the East? I'll just do the "locks."

Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Pretty much it as far as a sure thing, assuming health is maintained. I will be pretty disappointed if they screw Andre Iguodala and Jose Calderon out of it again.

ChiSox219
10-03-2009, 02:56 AM
Vince Carter is a lock.

bigsams50
10-03-2009, 06:03 AM
You could call bynum a lock because la fans will vote him in

JWO35
10-03-2009, 08:39 AM
You could call bynum a lock because la fans will vote him in

You can also lock in Yao and Yi

jkiddvc20
10-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Devin Harris has a very, very good chance.

jetsfan28
10-03-2009, 09:06 AM
West Locks - Duncan, Bynum, Dirk, CP3, Kobe, Roy, Melo, Deron
Other spots are probably some combination of Gasol, Aldridge, Durant, Billups, Parker, Nash, and West, and Amare
LOL at putting Iverson at a lock, he'd need to be a starter over CP3 and Kobe, or make it to the bench over Roy, Deron, he's a longshot at best

East is pretty much a crapshoot outside of Wade, LeBron, Howard, Bosh, and Pierce. A ton of talent, not a ton of superstars.

loki34
10-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Durant over melo

Young and Stupid
10-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Damn no love for Devin Harris.

NYYankeesWin#27
10-03-2009, 11:41 AM
i dont have AI as a lock

Hawkeye15
10-03-2009, 11:47 AM
forgive me being unexcited about the all star game after Al Jefferson was left off, and Love didn't make the rookie team.
Both total snubs, I was out
For this year, If Jefferson is getting 22/11 or whatever by that point, if he doesn't go in, I am again not watching. Love will make the sophomore team, since he will be playing 35 mpg and average a double/double. But we will seeeeeee

BoltLakerPadre
10-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Iverson a lock, really?

ko8e24
10-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Iverson a lock, really?

popularity contest decided by the fans says that the starting guards will be Kobe and AI. Chris Paul will make it as a reserve voted on by the coaches.

jimbobjarree
10-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Iverson best not make it unless he deserves it, there are too many all star quality guards for people to just vote him in for the name

Bulls_fan90
10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Derrick Rose.

sofargone
10-03-2009, 09:23 PM
this thread sucks