PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce mentions key games against Lakers and Cavs but not Orlando ....

JordansBulls
10-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Celtics-091001)

Rivers has already come out and said the Lakers are a better team, and were a better team last season, and Paul Pierce has already acknowledged that he will circle four games -- the two against the Lakers (Jan. 31 at home and Feb. 18 on the road) and the two on the road against Cleveland (opening night, Oct. 27, and Sunday, March 14) as measuring stick nights by which the Celtics will learn whether they really are as good as they believe they are.

Why wouldn't he respect a team that knocked his team out the playoffs in game 7 on his home floor?

Litchris12
10-02-2009, 10:12 AM
i think its cause magic loss hedo turkgolu via free agency. I also think he is sleeping on vince carter and dwight howard

Double_R
10-02-2009, 10:30 AM
The Magic don't care about what games he is circling

The cavs are the most overrated team ever, they are not better than the celts, magic, lakers, spurs, and maybe even the nugs

BkOriginalOne
10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
They took the Magic to seven games without, Powe and Garnett, that's why.
Sure, the magic, didn't have Nelson, but who would you put your money on.

Magic: Add Nelson, Bass, Jason Williams, Matt Barnes.
Celtics: Add Garnett, Sheed, Daniels

bostncelts34
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
He didn't say he doesn't respect the magic, he just simply said he is using Cleveland and LA as measuring sticks. Cant be putting words into a guys mouth. Does this mean his doesn't respect SA?DEN? so on.

jojoe1188
10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Celtics-091001)

Why wouldn't he respect a team that knocked his team out the playoffs in game 7 on his home floor?

a. kg wasnt playing
b. they lost turkoglu
c. the cavs got better while orlando got worse (see b)

idc wat u say about vince carters scoring if u watched the magic in the playoffs their ENTIRE offense ran through/depended on turkoglu.....say wat u want about him as a defender but vince carter isnt exactly the bill russell of our generation either

Super.
10-02-2009, 11:31 AM
They took the Magic to seven games without, Powe and Garnett, that's why.
Sure, the magic, didn't have Nelson, but who would you put your money on.

Magic: Add Nelson, Bass, Jason Williams, Matt Barnes.
Celtics: Add Garnett, Sheed, Daniels

you forgot a few

Magic - Lost Hedo. Got VC - Lost Lee + Alston

Pierzynski4Prez
10-02-2009, 11:49 AM
sorry, but man, if you don't like JB's threads, stay out. There are a lot of them, if you don't like it, make your statement and move on. Pretty simple. No need to stick around here bashing him or the thread. How many engaging threads has he made? Tons. So what if he makes one that you don't approve of, move on. Its guys like him that keep it interesting around here.

JordansBulls
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
pointless thread IMO. He didn't say he doesn't respect the magic, he just simply said he is using Cleveland and LA as measuring sticks. Cant be putting words into a guys mouth. Does this mean his doesn't respect SA?DEN? so on. C'mon now.

The point is why would he say those teams are the measuring stick when it was the Magic that actually eliminated them? Last time I checked Boston beat Cleveland and LA in the playoffs and lost to Orlando.

SA and Denver really have nothing to do with Boston as they have never played them in the playoffs.

magichatnumber9
10-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Thank you Jordan's Bulls now the Celtics forum will be infected with more trollers. Your awesome

knickfan4life
10-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Honestly Paul Pierce thinks hes better than everyone on the planet, which he is not... cause Kobe and Lebron are EASILY better than he was or ever will be, because he IS a quitter and he did quit on his team when they were not good, unlike Kobe when in bad years, he took over and made the playoffs and almost won, but Pierce is very cocky, he will get hit in the head one day when his team is just not good anymore and he should not have a swagger anymore since he no longer is the defending champ and I hope he never wins again because he is too cocky.

colinskik
10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Seems like Pierce is playing the passive aggressive role here. By not mentioning the Magic he is in essence downplaying their loss to them in the playoffs. I think the Magic will be better this year, so Pierce should probably get his sharpie out and practice drawing them circles.

Kakaroach
10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Does it really matter? Didn't he call them like poodles or something when they were in the finals? Must be a slow news day...

bigsams50
10-02-2009, 01:02 PM
The point is why would he say those teams are the measuring stick when it was the Magic that actually eliminated them? Last time I checked Boston beat Cleveland and LA in the playoffs and lost to Orlando.

SA and Denver really have nothing to do with Boston as they have never played them in the playoffs.

But he never mentions anything that would disrespect them. Do you want him to go down the list and just name the best teams in the league?

Corey
10-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Belongs in the C's forum, but:

Why does it matter what games Pierce circles? The C's are going to play hard every game, it doesn't really matter which games Pierce said he's looking forward to in some interview.

How does that translate to him having a lack of respect? This is a bit of a force.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Does it really matter? Didn't he call them like poodles or something when they were in the finals? Must be a slow news day...

last time i checked the Lakers killed them 4-1. doesnt matter 2 games were close when you lose 4 of 5.

Celtics have one thing on their mind, Beat LA in June 2010. and this year's Celtics team is one heck of a team.

besides the Big 3...Rondo keeps improving and will be an all star....Perkins has developed into a solid defensive player

kriviant
10-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Man I really wish I didn't have to read so much about lame *** Paul Pierce this off-season.

If I were him, I would definitely add the Magic games to the circled ones. How would you not list the team that most recently gave you a whooping in the playoffs? Not to mention, the Magic have gotten ridiculous with the money they've spent this off-season. It would be very dumb on his part to ignore the fact that the magic will be contenders again in the East.

iggypop123
10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
maybe his marker rand out of ink and couldn't circle anymore games

op12
10-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Honestly Paul Pierce thinks hes better than everyone on the planet, which he is not... cause Kobe and Lebron are EASILY better than he was or ever will be, because he IS a quitter and he did quit on his team when they were not good, unlike Kobe when in bad years, he took over and made the playoffs and almost won, but Pierce is very cocky, he will get hit in the head one day when his team is just not good anymore and he should not have a swagger anymore since he no longer is the defending champ and I hope he never wins again because he is too cocky.

wrong. pp lead some very mediocore celtics teams out of the 1st rd a few times and even to the ECFs once. since when is winning in the playoffs not better than "almost" winning as you say.

anyway, on subject, i think the magic will be a huge threat, more so than the cavs. but pp prolly does think they can beat them because it was a close series with many injuries. not saying i agree with that mindset, but that is what hes thinking id say.

NickyNick
10-02-2009, 02:24 PM
you guys are complaining about what someone circled on the schedule? seriously c'mon

PP must own you all....all he has to do is write something on his own calendar and 50 bloggers run to their computer and cry about it.

Get a life.

sofargone
10-02-2009, 02:25 PM
doesnt matter cavs and lakers are picked by many to be in the finals...why should he care about orlando

Storch
10-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Who cares if Pierce doesnt care about Orlando. He's entitled to his own opinion.

mikantsass
10-02-2009, 02:26 PM
This is two forums now with Jordansbulls putting words in Pierce's mouth. First it was the 3-4 year window, now this. No where does he say he does not respect the Magic. Just like no where did it say "our window is 3-4 more years". The Spurs an elite team as well. He didnt mention the Spurs. Does he disrespect their team too?

The clear cut media favorites are Cavs and Lakers. There is no argument there. The media has dubbed Lebron and Kobe the two best players in the league with the 2 best teams. Every team in the league should use those two teams as measuring sticks.

mikantsass
10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
maybe his marker rand out of ink and couldn't circle anymore games

Haha good response

RaiderLakersA's
10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Typically, you would circle the Eastern Conference Champion. But Pierce is probably leaning as much on past accomplishments and consistency as anything else.

Both the Lakers and the Cavs have been highly competitive teams consistently these last 2 or 3 years. They have either been in the Finals or knocking at the door. In some respects, the 2009 versions of both teams appear to be marked improvements over last year's squads.

Naturally, Pierce in his mind has established a pecking order, with Cavs, Lakers at the top of the hierarchy and the Celtics competitive equals. That's not to say that he considers San Antonio, Denver, Orlando or even Dallas as lesser teams per se. It's just that a Celtics-Cavs or Celtics-Lakers show is ALWAYS a big game and a win or loss is a more accurate baseline for your success as a team as a whole.

That said, any minute now someone will cry out that the regular season doesn't matter. Save your breath. Obviously it matters to Pierce and I would suspect to other players as well.

NickyNick
10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
jordanbulls is obviously still butthurt about losing to the celtics....so all he does is try to diminish their rep.

ragee
10-02-2009, 02:57 PM

:nod::nod::nod:

24goingfor2
10-02-2009, 03:27 PM

Really cuz last time i checked we won the whole thing. Kinda odd huh? But i guess youre right cuz youre a mod. ****** the Haters

Bob_at_york
10-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Really cuz last time i checked we won the whole thing. Kinda odd huh? But i guess youre right cuz youre a mod. ****** the Haters

So what you are saying is that last time the Celtics faced the Lakers in the playoffs, the Lakers won? I don't remember it like that, I think JB is right, I think the last time those two teams faced each other in the playoffs the Celtics won. Correct me if I am wrong.

AI4MVP
10-02-2009, 03:57 PM
maybe because paul pierce knows tha the celts are better then the magic.

if the magic had dwight howard and marcin gortat injured and out of that series(which would be the equivilent of the celts having powe and garnett out), then we can compare the two head to head

iggypop123
10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
how can celtics bring up injuries for their excuse when they beat the lakers without bynum and ariza and say it wasnt valid as the excuse:facepalm: .

knickfan4life
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
wrong. pp lead some very mediocore celtics teams out of the 1st rd a few times and even to the ECFs once. since when is winning in the playoffs not better than "almost" winning as you say.

anyway, on subject, i think the magic will be a huge threat, more so than the cavs. but pp prolly does think they can beat them because it was a close series with many injuries. not saying i agree with that mindset, but that is what hes thinking id say.

he had a good team that season i noe antoine was there i cant remember who else, but a good team... and please dont compare PP to kobe or Lebron, its not even a competition

and the cavs will be a threat this year, i feel you guys downplay the presence of Shaq a lot. He is still a very dominant player, not as he was in his prime, but he will cause problems for a lot of the guys ESPECIALLY on the celtics because their front court has NOONE who can handle a player of shaqs capabilities nor do they have someone to stop lebron. If the celtics would have beat the magic, they still would have lost to the cavs, so same thing, but with the magic, they got weaker, because they lost the size and matchup problem hedo brought, carter is not hedo, they fell as a team in general IMO.

8kobe24
10-02-2009, 04:38 PM
IMO, he doesn't to respect no one. To be a champ, you've got to be ruthless.

MackSnackWrap
10-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I respect magic and i dont respect pierce

azkarraga
10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
he didn't circle the Kings? Boy, that's disappointing

D Roses Bulls
10-02-2009, 05:17 PM

cause paul pierce is an idiot. this is the same guy who said he was best player in the world just a little bit over a year ago, this is also the same guy who got beat on his home floor in game 7 by the very same team is dissing. oh and this is the same guy who got out runned by a 6ft 11inch Noah and was dumb enough to foul him and still looked bad cause noah completed the dunk anyways.

i cant wait for the magic to kick his and the celtics *****. seriously with the way rondo was with the hard fouls, kg acting classless taughting players when the celtics were winning against the bulls but when they werent and losing was in the locker room mad or whatever he was and now paul pierce is acting like an idiot and disrespectful. i dont know who i dislike more, lebron james or the celtics in general.

Reversed86Curse
10-02-2009, 05:24 PM

Unlike Kobe? I think your forgetting Kobe wanting out of LA in 2007?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

And when did Pierce say he's better than everyone else? Enlighten me please

D Roses Bulls
10-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Unlike Kobe? I think your forgetting Kobe wanting out of LA in 2007?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

And when did Pierce say he's better than everyone else? Enlighten me please

paul pierce actually said hes the best player on the planet after the celtics beat the lakers in 2008

Reversed86Curse
10-02-2009, 05:33 PM
cause paul pierce is an idiot. this is the same guy who said he was best player in the world just a little bit over a year ago, this is also the same guy who got beat on his home floor in game 7 by the very same team is dissing. oh and this is the same guy who got out runned by a 6ft 11inch Noah and was dumb enough to foul him and still looked bad cause noah completed the dunk anyways.

i cant wait for the magic to kick his and the celtics *****. seriously with the way rondo was with the hard fouls, kg acting classless taughting players when the celtics were winning against the bulls but when they werent and losing was in the locker room mad or whatever he was and now paul pierce is acting like an idiot and disrespectful. i dont know who i dislike more, lebron james or the celtics in general.

There were only two fouls in question by Rondo against the Bulls, one of which is still questionable as being 'hard'. I'd like to say I can't wait to play the Bulls in the playoffs, but since they've only gotten worse by losing Gordon, they'll probably be whining from the couch this year.

Excluding the Magic from his 'measuring sticks' isn't a diss. A healthy Celts roster last year, as well as this year, beats the Magic. The Celtics have gotten better with Sheed and Daniels, and I personally think the Magic have a better team than the Cavs, but IMO, with the matchups we should see this year, Eastern Conference will probably have to go through Cleveland.

Reversed86Curse
10-02-2009, 05:35 PM
paul pierce actually said hes the best player on the planet after the celtics beat the lakers in 2008

Sorry, I wasn't implying that he didn't, I guess I just missed that one. Link?

ManRam
10-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Who cares? Overlook the Magic, that's fine. That's how we want it.

We'll earn his respect when we beat a healthy Celtic team in the playoffs this year. That's all that matters.

smith&wesson
10-02-2009, 05:47 PM
its funn how the west is considered the stronger confrence. to me the eastern teams such as boston, clevland, and orlando have the tightest match up with no clear favour to win, where in the west LA is the clear cut favours to reach the finals.

personally i think pierece could be underestimating the magic but boston with a healthy garnet, and sheed off the bench could be very dangerouse this year.

IRUAM #21
10-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Sorry, I wasn't implying that he didn't, I guess I just missed that one. Link?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-says-he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670&cp=515

ManRam
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
its funn how the west is considered the stronger confrence. to me the eastern teams such as boston, clevland, and orlando have the tightest match up with no clear favour to win, where in the west LA is the clear cut favours to reach the finals.

personally i think pierece could be underestimating the magic but boston with a healthy garnet, and sheed off the bench could be very dangerouse this year.

I don't think you can overlook SA if you are LA. Denver, Portland and Dallas could all get hot, and upset the Lakers too.

The West is still better. It is deeper. I think there are 5 great teams, LA, SA, BOS, CLE and ORL. I think the next tier consists of only WC teams.

RaiderLakersA's
10-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't think you can overlook SA if you are LA. Denver, Portland and Dallas could all get hot, and upset the Lakers too.

The West is still better. It is deeper. I think there are 5 great teams, LA, SA, BOS, CLE and ORL. I think the next tier consists of only WC teams.

I agree. I hate how some people mention 3 times in East and then claim that makes the East better than the West. At least try to look at all 8 seeds during the last few years of playoff contention...or this year of playoff speculation...before making those crazy statements.

iggypop123
10-02-2009, 06:13 PM

top to bottom better. the jazz an 8th seed would have been 4th for the east and much better than the heat or hawks or sixers

BoltLakerPadre
10-02-2009, 06:19 PM
It's called PTSD (http://www.mhanys.org/publications/factsheets/fsptsd.htm), and some people deal with it by completely blocking the offending events from their minds. The offending memory being the beat down that the Magic administered on the C's.
After all, you can't honestly feel you are a Championship contender when you were crushed by a team (Magic) which was then crushed by another team (Lakers), even without one player, it just makes one feel emasculated.

Reversed86Curse
10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
It's called PTSD (http://www.mhanys.org/publications/factsheets/fsptsd.htm), and some people deal with it by completely blocking the offending events from their minds. The offending memory being the beat down that the Magic administered on the C's.
After all, you can't honestly feel you are a Championship contender when you were crushed by a team (Magic) which was then crushed by another team (Lakers), even without one player, it just makes one feel emasculated.

That's called psychosis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis

ManRam
10-02-2009, 07:09 PM
The Magic in no way shape or form "crushed" the Celtics. It went 7 games. Our backs were up against the ropes...

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-02-2009, 07:18 PM
He better circle the Magic, they have a nasty roster. That team is stacked!

op12
10-02-2009, 08:24 PM

going 7 games is pretty much getting crushed right. crazy. getting crushed is being beat in the nba finals by like 40 points in a decisive game. please dont make rude and ignorant comments and i wont. the magic should be on the radar and pp should acknowledge them, but your post was just silly.

op12
10-02-2009, 08:26 PM
how can celtics bring up injuries for their excuse when they beat the lakers without bynum and ariza and say it wasnt valid as the excuse:facepalm: .

because kg and powe are > bynum and ariza. if you were missing gasol or kobe then theres a great excuse.

MrFastBreak
10-02-2009, 08:38 PM

KG was hurt. Now that KG is back, he thinks they can beat Orlando + they lost Hedo Turkoglu.

ko8e24
10-02-2009, 09:29 PM
going 7 games is pretty much getting crushed right. crazy. getting crushed is being beat in the nba finals by like 40 points in a decisive game. please dont make rude and ignorant comments and i wont. the magic should be on the radar and pp should acknowledge them, but your post was just silly.

so much you know. it was only 39 pts. :p

op12
10-02-2009, 10:21 PM

the reason i used the word like.

Super.
10-02-2009, 10:37 PM

:laugh:

ragee
10-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Who cares? Overlook the Magic, that's fine. That's how we want it.

We'll earn his respect when we beat a healthy Celtic team in the playoffs this year. That's all that matters.

Well said... The Magic does not get respect from others anyway... I remember last season how people say that we are not in the same league as the Celtics and the Cavaliers... We proved them wrong... This season is no different guess... You're right, why would we care... That makes it even more fun beating the hell out of them... Hahaha

lakerboy
10-03-2009, 08:10 PM
you forgot a few

What about Jameer Nelson?

GoatMilk
10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
i got no problem with what he said

orlando overachieved last year.

yeah they're good, but eh

mrmike101
10-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Because the magic were a mismatch fluke that no longer have the ability to exploit mismatches. And the fact that ALL of bostons defensive bigs were injured, d12 is no threat to boston. The only series he even shined in was against slow footed big Z.

ragee
10-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Because the magic were a mismatch fluke that no longer have the ability to exploit mismatches. And the fact that ALL of bostons defensive bigs were injured, d12 is no threat to boston. The only series he even shined in was against slow footed big Z.

Although they lost Hedo and basically lost the big match up problems Hedo creates. they also lost Hedo's inconsistency... Hedo is one of the reasons why they reached the NBA finals but his inconsistency is also one of the reasons they lost to the Lakers... The Magic got Carter this year... He is not the Carter of before and just shoot a lot of jump shots now but what the heck... That is all the rest of the Magic other than Dwight is doing anyway... The Magic also added depth to their roster by getting Barnes, White Chocolate, Bass and Ryan Anderson... They also got their 2nd best player back, Jameer...

The Celts got Daniels and Wallace in the off season... KG is back as well so that makes this team a dominant force as well but don't think the Magic is just another walk in the park... See you in the playoffs...

JordansBulls
10-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Although they lost Hedo and basically lost the big match up problems Hedo creates. they also lost Hedo's inconsistency... Hedo is one of the reasons why they reached the NBA finals but his inconsistency is also one of the reasons they lost to the Lakers... The Magic got Carter this year... He is not the Carter of before and just shoot a lot of jump shots now but what the heck... That is all the rest of the Magic other than Dwight is doing anyway... The Magic also added depth to their roster by getting Barnes, White Chocolate, Bass and Ryan Anderson... They also got their 2nd best player back, Jameer...

The Celts got Daniels and Wallace in the off season... KG is back as well so that makes this team a dominant force as well but don't think the Magic is just another walk in the park... See you in the playoffs...

Any series between Boston vs Cleveland vs Orlando should go 7 games.

junion
10-04-2009, 04:24 PM
It's because in his head (and a lot of people's heads), The Lakers and Cavs have built a rivalry with the Celtics. The Magic, although a threat, have not really built a rivalry against the Celtics.

Which can be good for anyone NOT rooting for the Celtics because it means they can get caught by surprise

ragee
10-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Any series between Boston vs Cleveland vs Orlando should go 7 games.

Exactly... That is just what Celtics and Cavs fans fail to realize...

JordansBulls
10-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Exactly... That is just what Celtics and Cavs fans fail to realize...

That is why HCA is sooo vital.

iggypop123
10-05-2009, 11:23 PM
if the magic do go with the conventional lineup lewis absolutely destroys pierce in the post.

JordansBulls
10-06-2009, 11:50 AM
if the magic do go with the conventional lineup lewis absolutely destroys pierce in the post.

Yeah but Lewis won't be able to guard him either.

ragee
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
That is why HCA is sooo vital.

Especialy if you are Boston... I am so amazed at how we played last season and how we were able to win a game 7 on Boston last season! That task is not easy!

MagicDojo
10-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I am so tired of people saying the Magic won because the Celtics were down a player.
You win in the playoffs with Defense. Where were Peirce and Allen in the series....? Shut down and dissapeared by the best defense in the league thats where. That has not changed at all. Turk was absolutly the weakest defender that started for the Magic last year and now he is gone. Peitrus will shut Allen down (again) and Carter and Lewis will shut down Peirce (again). KG has yet to prove that he can return to his previous form and do it for 90-120 games. The best player for the Celts in the series was Rondo and that is because our allstar PG was out and everybody else was stuffed by the Magics defense. Peirce will be circling the four losses to the Magic soon enough.

Fool
10-06-2009, 02:27 PM
It's not like he says... "These tough games against the Lakers and the Cavs, BUT NOT ORLANDO!!!!" He just doesn't mention them.

JordansBulls
10-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Especialy if you are Boston... I am so amazed at how we played last season and how we were able to win a game 7 on Boston last season! That task is not easy!

Boston may not need it as much as the other teams. Most team that win the title the first time out are teams that had HCA throughout or thru every series they played in.

Raph12
10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
you forgot a few

Since last season's playoffs team:
Added: Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson, Brandon Bass, Matt Barnes, Ryan Anderson, Linton Johnson and Almond Murray
Lost: Hedo Turkoglue, Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Tyronn Lue

Btw what Pierce says has no merit, people forget that during the Finals Pierce tweeted a picture of the Magic vs Lakers; the Lakers were portrayed by a pitbull while the Magic were portrayed by a poodle (guessing that would make the Cavs... a cat and the Celtics... a rat???). When Rashard Lewis was told he said "well who was playing in the Finals and who was at home tweeting about the Finals."

No one takes Pierce seriously, he was just upset his team lost, who can blame him it has to be devastating when you get every call in your favor and still not be able to pull out the victory.

JordansBulls
10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Added: Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson, Brandon Bass, Matt Barnes, Ryan Anderson, Linton Johnson and Almond Murray

Btw what Pierce says has no merit, people forget that during the Finals Pierce tweeted a picture of the Magic vs Lakers; the Lakers were portrayed by a pitbull while the Magic were portrayed by a poodle (guessing that would make the Cavs... a cat and the Celtics... a rat???). When Rashard Lewis was told he said "well who was playing in the Finals and who was at home tweeting about the Finals."

People just don't realize how much Orlando has improved. People forget Orlando made the finals with the worst backcourt ever in Rafer and Lee and now they add a star backcourt in Nelson and Carter.

blams
10-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't think it was a statement or anything. Maybe he just forgot to mention them, like I forgot to put Drew Brees in a top 10 QB's thread...? :laugh2:

MagicDojo
10-07-2009, 04:16 PM

No one takes Pierce seriously, he was just upset his team lost, who can blame him it has to be devastating when you get every call in your favor and still not be able to pull out the victory.

You ommitted a huge back court improvement in Jason Williams.

MagicDojo
10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
People just don't realize how much Orlando has improved. People forget Orlando made the finals with the worst backcourt ever in Rafer and Lee and now they add a star backcourt in Nelson and Carter.

And Jason Williams!

Gnac76
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
typical paul pierce... maybe this year will finally be the year he finally proves hes the "best player in the world" :rolleyes:

srfr4life
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I like the fact they didn't circle the games against the MAGIC. Remember how "under the radar" the MAGIC were last year, and how well it served them as motivation.

I agree about Pierce. I think he gives himself too much credit as an elite player. KG is the kind of player all players respect (his intensity and love of the game) and same with Allen, good guy.

Nighthawk
10-07-2009, 06:27 PM

lol at this post...KOBE called out Bynum and demanded numerous trades on numerous media outlets when his team stunk. haha...

ragee
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
typical paul pierce... maybe this year will finally be the year he finally proves hes the "best player in the world" :rolleyes:

He is so full of himself... I remember that line... Even if I hate Kobe, I don't think Pierce is anywhere near him! He is not the reason why the Celts won a championship... It was because of KG...