PDA

View Full Version : Are Nets an attractive team?

elite_status
10-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Will they be able to lure any top free agents next year?

&&, are they more attractive than the Knicks?

madiaz3
10-01-2009, 04:22 PM
We won't know until the end of this coming season? There's too many variables.

sofargone
10-01-2009, 04:25 PM
i think theyre as attractive as the new york knicks....the nets have better players to work with (lee, lopez harris) but the knicks have a good coach and they got that $

AntiG
10-01-2009, 04:25 PM
i dunno about their players, but their dance squad is very attractive :D

Raph12
10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
More attractive than the Knicks, but still not too attractive overall, too many young guys, good for a player willing to put in the time.

elite_status
10-01-2009, 04:29 PM
i think theyre as attractive as the new york knicks....the nets have better players to work with (lee, lopez harris) but the knicks have a good coach and they got that $

i agree that they have a better coach but the Nets will have one of, if not the richest owner in the NBA. a russian billionaire agreed to buy the team.

abe_froman
10-01-2009, 04:30 PM
dont see why not

-pending move into nyc boundaries
-new,young billionaire playboy owner who has history of spending big
-popular celeb minority owner who's friends with or at least knows the top players
-good young core that just needs a few holes filled and some seasoning before being ready to compete

BkNets13088
10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
They are an attractive team but probably not as attractive as the Knicks. Almost every player has a dream of playing the garden and/or the knicks. We do have some nice young pieces and pending a move to Brooklyn and a new owner we could get some players. The owner however does not matter as there is a Salary cap in basketball

TheHoopsProphet
10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Although David Lee has probably had more sex with beautiful women then the average man has even masturbated, i got to give some cred to Devin Harris for having dreamy eyes. Not to mention Brook Lopez and his manly body. So my vote goes to the Nets

sofargone
10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Although David Lee has probably had more sex with beautiful women then the average man has even masturbated, i got to give some cred to Devin Harris for having dreamy eyes. Not to mention Brook Lopez and his manly body. So my vote goes to the Nets

what a guy

abe_froman
10-01-2009, 04:37 PM
i agree that they have a better coach but the Nets will have one of, if not the richest owner in the NBA. a russian billionaire agreed to buy the team.

no,that would be still be paul allen(portland)

GoatMilk
10-01-2009, 04:37 PM
They are an attractive team but probably not as attractive as the Knicks. Almost every player has a dream of playing the garden and/or the knicks. We do have some nice young pieces and pending a move to Brooklyn and a new owner we could get some players. The owner however does not matter as there is a Salary cap in basketball

owner does matter though

thats why teams like the Lakers can pay the luxury and tax and others can't

Ray_R
10-01-2009, 04:42 PM
what a guy

LMAO at craigthesoxfan quote:laugh:

JOSKOMANG4
10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
NETS projected 2009-2010 lineup

C: Brook Lopez/Sean Williams/Tony Battie
PF: Yi Jianlian/Josh Boone/Eduardo Najera
SF: Bobby Simmons/ T. Williams*/Jarvis Hayes
SG: Courtney Lee/Chris Douglas-Roberts/ Trenton Hassell*
PG: Devin Harris/ Rafaer Alston/Keyon Dooling

Off the books after the 2009 season:

Bobby Simmons, Tony battie, Rafaer Alston, Trenton Hassel, Jarvis Hayes, Yi Jialian, Sean Williams

Most likely team options that'll be picked up:

Brook Lopez, Josh Boone, Courtney Lee, Chris Douglass Roberts

Players left on NJ Nets before goin in2 2010 free agency:

C: Brook Lopez/Josh Boone
PF: Eduardo Najera
SF: T. Williams*
SG: Courtney Lee/Chris Douglas-Roberts
PG: Devin Harris/ Keyon Dooling

Projected Salary goin in2 Free agency: 25.44 Million Salary cap.

Projected 2010 Salary cap: Projected 53.6 Million.

Cap Space: 28.16.

NBA 2010 top free agents and my guestimated destinations!

Chris Bosh - Nets
Lebron James - Resigns with Cavaliers
Joe Johnson - Knicks
Dwayne Wade - Bulls
Amare Stoudemire - Stays in PHX
Carlos Boozer - Signs With Bulls
Michael Redd- Signs MLE w/ Cavaliers
Josh Howards- Stays in Dallas
Dirk Nowitzki- Stays in dallas
Tracy McGrady- Signs with ATL
Manu Ginobli- Resigns with San Antonio

So lets say Bosh signs with Nets.

Now projected picks(according to Walterfootball) in 2010 NBA draft

11. Devin Ebanks, SF, West Virginia, 6-9, So.
22. Jerome Jordan, C, Tulsa, 7-0, Sr.
41. Raymar Morgan, SF/SG, Michigan State, 6-7, Sr.

Projected 2010 Lineup w/ draft picks & possible signees

C: Brook Lopez/Josh Boone/Jerome Jordan
PF: Chris Bosh/ Eduardo Najera
SF: T. Williams*/Devin Ebanks
SG: Courtney Lee/Chris Douglas-Roberts/Raymar Morgan

So in a way.. Nets are looking pretty nice right now... and possible for next season as well,.

SaimoNETS
10-01-2009, 05:11 PM
they are an attractive team.
they have a nice young core and they'll have one of the richest owners in the league.

the Nets definitely have a better team than the Knicks basketball-wise, but the lure of NYC will probably be enough to get the Knicks a top free agent next year.

ChiSox219
10-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Lopez
Bosh
Lebron
Lee
Harris

coach: Phil Jackson

that could get the job done

Raph12
10-01-2009, 05:25 PM

Bobby Simmons, Tony battie, Rafaer Alston, Trenton Hassel, Jarvis Hayes, Yi Jialian, Sean Williams

Chris Bosh - Nets
Joe Johnson - Knicks
Dwayne Wade - Bulls

So in a way.. Nets are looking pretty nice right now... and possible for next season as well,.

Who said Bosh is likely to go to Nets? If his team does well, he may stay, if not he could go anywhere

My predictions:
Chris Bosh - Raptors/Bulls/Nets/?
Lebron James - Cavaliers
Joe Johnson - Rockets
Dwayne Wade - Heat
Amare Stoudemire - Knicks
Carlos Boozer - Heat
Josh Howards- Mavericks
Dirk Nowitzki- Mavericks
Tracy McGrady- Hawks
Manu Ginobli- Spurs

King P
10-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I believe that unless Cleveland wins a title this year, the Nets will be the front runners to get Lebron. Here's why:

- They are moving to NY. Lebron will want to play on the big stage, and this is it. In an interview, LBJ stated that his favorite city was NYC and his favorite borrough is BK.

- Cleveland fans always say he's going to be loyal to Ohio and stay. Well LBJ stated in an interview that his loyalty is only to Akron, and thats it. And he will always be from Akron and rep Akron, no matter where he goes.

- You can talk about how crappy of a team the Nets are. I hate to break it to you, but the Cavs are only that good because of LBJ. Take him off, the Cavs are worse than the Nets. Put him on the Nets and they become instant contenders. Nets core >>> Cavs core (minus LBJ).

- With the new owner, the Nets will have MONEY!!!! And this guy likes to spend, so hen will not hesitate to splurge whatever is necessary to get Lebron. You can talk about the cap all you want, but you guys have to realize something. The NBA's cap is the softest cap of any sport. They are so much more leniant compared to the NFL & NHL. There are so many loopholes and exceptions. You can go over the cap, but you will have to pay luxury tax. And I doubt this owner will care about paying luxury tax, he's the richest man in Russia and the 40th richest man in the world. He could use that money *** toilet paper to wipe his behind.

So don't be surprised if you wake up and turn on the TV in July of 2010 and hear that LBJ is going to Nets.

King P
10-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Also, the new Russian owner isnt new to this situation. He bought a lousy Russian team, and within 5 years that team won 2 Euroleague Titles and had the highest payroll outside the NBA.

Who knows, he could probably do the same thing with the Nets.

madiaz3
10-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Honestly it will come down to the two guys in my sig and whether or not they produce better and more than Harris and Lopez.

b_rad23
10-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Chris Bosh - Nets
Joe Johnson - Knicks
Dwayne Wade - Bulls

So basically you think the Heat will leave free agency with 40 mill of cap space and the Bulls will somehow be able to sign 2 max F/As when they don't even have money for one? BOLD

Chris Bosh - Nets
Joe Johnson - Knicks
Dwayne Wade - Bulls
Michael Redd- Signs MLE w/ Cavaliers (lol)

:clap:

Honestly it will come down to the two guys in my sig and whether or not they produce better and more than Harris and Lopez.

You don't really think Chandler and Galinari are on the same level as Lopez and Harris do you? IMO you should hope for Amare because Gali, Chandler, Hill, Amare could be a dynamic 2-5.

I like the Nets and I think they have built right. If I were in charge I'd look to sign Lebron first obviously, but expect/go harder for a PF. Amare or Bosh could really fill out the roster and make them into a juggernaut.

madiaz3
10-01-2009, 07:42 PM
really think Chandler and Galinari are on the same level as Lopez and Harris do you? IMO you should hope for Amare because Gali, Chandler, Hill, Amare could be a dynamic 2-5.

I like the Nets and I think they have built right. If I were in charge I'd look to sign Lebron first obviously, but expect/go harder for a PF. Amare or Bosh could really fill out the roster and make them into a juggernaut.

It's ignorant to think that they can't be. They are so unbelievably under the radar. It's one of those things I can't honestly preach about until you guys see though. I acknowledge on paper they aren't on their level but their potential rivals or even exceeds Harris and Lopez's. Let's just enjoy this season and as I believe, Gallo and Chandler will let their play speak for themselves as they emerge as the Knicks two best players.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
10-01-2009, 08:04 PM
It's ignorant to think that they can't be. They are so unbelievably under the radar. It's one of those things I can't honestly preach about until you guys see though. I acknowledge on paper they aren't on their level but their potential rivals or even exceeds Harris and Lopez's. Let's just enjoy this season and as I believe, Gallo and Chandler will let their play speak for themselves as they emerge as the Knicks two best players.

I can tell you that Gallo and Chandler are not going to bring LBJ to the Knicks. Harris is an all-star PG and Lopez will be an all-star C this year. Two things the Knicks do not have. Dont get me wrong I think that they will produce this year and make the Knicks a lot better but no all-star caliber.

heattiltheend94
10-01-2009, 08:25 PM
THey'll prbbly get SToudemire

azkarraga
10-01-2009, 08:39 PM
knick have a better arena

redhorse
10-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Nets have a good young pg in d harris and a good young center in lopez. Those are the positions that you need to build from if you want to build a champion contender a center and a pg. Now if you add say a LBJ to that I mean thats a good team and maybe even more if you got good role players to add around those 3.

The knicks have gallo and chandler who play the same position Then fans want add LBJ to the knicks. they basically have 3 players who play the same position. I like the nets team better. I wish the Knicks had the nets team right now.

NYKnicks4511
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I can tell you that Gallo and Chandler are not going to bring LBJ to the Knicks. Harris is an all-star PG and Lopez will be an all-star C this year. Two things the Knicks do not have. Dont get me wrong I think that they will produce this year and make the Knicks a lot better but no all-star caliber.

Lopez won't be an All Star (Shaq, Dwight), Harris has a good shot if he replicates his production.

Fact of the matter is, that the Knicks' fan base is much larger and much stronger than the Nets' at the moment (and I have nothing against the nets I'm from jersey). While your lineup may be up and coming right now, we have Madison Square Garden and so on and so forth the discussion can continue.

There are way too many variables that will come into play here, and I'm sure that when it is all said and done, both New York teams will *hopefully* have acquired a big name free agent - whether it be LeBron or Bosh/Stoudemire/Johnson.

SteveNash
10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
No
http://imgur.com/CMU2i.jpg

Toenail Clipper
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Isn't the owner of the New Jersey Nets Jay-Z?

NetsPaint
10-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Will the Nets have enough money for two max FAs?

Whatever happens, I can see the Knicks and Nets improving no matter what, whether it's 2010 or 2011.

Rocktober2009
10-02-2009, 07:32 AM
MSG itself will draw the Free Agent market, its the heart of basketball and if you've ever been there you understand why.

Ace33Bone
10-02-2009, 09:52 AM
i dunno about their players, but their dance squad is very attractive :D

I will support that message:clap: