PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA Team scares you the Most?

DP&Youk1520
10-01-2009, 12:25 PM
ok guys Which NBA Team scares you the Most? there will be a 8 team poll and comment why they scare you!

DP&Youk1520
10-01-2009, 12:35 PM
im a c's fan and the team that fears me is the cavs they made nasty moves

NYKnickFanatic
10-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Raptors? :laugh2:

DP&Youk1520
10-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Raptors? :laugh2:
:laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2:

NiTEFuRY
10-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I guess it depends no from what POV. As a Pistons fan, its the celtics. They seem to just win the past few years.

As the defending Eastern conference champs, I would say its the Cav's, they had a helluva offseason

As a defending nba champs, I would always say the Spurs. They always seem to do well in crunch time

CraigtheSoxFan
10-01-2009, 12:50 PM
wow the bulls got replaced by the raptors :laugh:

clutchski
10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm surprised the raptors are on the list (^^Bulls!? pfff), and am equally surprised you spelled it wrong.

Wilson
10-01-2009, 01:10 PM
From the list, the scariest one to the Lakers I think is the Celtics. The Nuggets would be next on the list, if they were on it.

mikantsass
10-01-2009, 01:13 PM
As a Celtics fan, I voted for the Spurs. I think the Spurs and Celtics have very similar styles. Duncan and Garnett have similar games (Defense and post moves), Perk and Mcdyess are both Big bodied defenders, Ray and Manu are both similar (Manu slashes more), Pierce and Jefferson are both good perimiter guys, Rondo and Parker are both quick PGs with similar play. Bench edge goes to the C's even though the Spurs have a good bench too.

They only play twice during the regular season, but I think these guys scare me the most. If they meet in the finals, it goes 7 definately.

drama1386
10-01-2009, 01:18 PM
i said orlando. they are probably the deepest team in the NBA. they have weapons from their starting line-up to their bench. if they can gel quickly, i wouldn't be surprised to see them go to the ECF.

DerekRE_3
10-01-2009, 01:18 PM
From the list, the scariest one to the Lakers I think is the Celtics. The Nuggets would be next on the list, if they were on it.

Which begs the question. Why are the Raptors on the list and not the Nuggets?

bigsams50
10-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I voted NO, i think alot of teams are sleeping on them

prash
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
lol at Raps fans dominating polls as usual.

olrales
10-01-2009, 02:14 PM
So surprised that Portland is not on the list...Lakers are really afraid of Portland caus' they can't find a way to beat'em at Rose garden and Kobe finally found someone who can guard him in B Roy!

It can be seen as homer choice, but I would say that I'm a fan cause we don't have any team in Quebec, Canada! LOL!

pelmen84
10-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Rapters seem like a scary team never even heard of them must be that scary

Wilson
10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Which begs the question. Why are the Raptors on the list and not the Nuggets?

I don't know either :shrug:

bringinwood
10-01-2009, 02:50 PM
the vancouver grizzlies...

BoratSagdiyev
10-01-2009, 02:54 PM
The Nuggets are really scary. K-Mart and the Birdman look like they want to hurt me.

J.R. Smith:ohno:

.Juice.
10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
The Lakers will repeat as NBA champions.

I'm already envisioning a starting line of Odom, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, and Bynum. If that's not scary, I don't know what is.

RaiderLakersA's
10-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I do not fear any of the teams in this poll.

ChiSox219
10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Orlando Magic

4 all-stars starting, with the best backup C and a very good young PF in Brandon Bass who averaged about 15/8 per 36 minutes the last two seasons and his stats should look better playing next to Dwight.

Wilson
10-01-2009, 03:17 PM
The Lakers will repeat as NBA champions.

I'm already envisioning a starting line of Odom, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, and Bynum. If that's not scary, I don't know what is.

Unless there's an injury on the front-court, Lamar won't be starting any games.

.Juice.
10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Unless there's an injury on the front-court, Lamar won't be starting any games.
I recently read an article that had Jackson experimenting with starting lineups. It's very plausible that Odom could be a starting PG, creating ridiculous mismatches.

PrettyBoyJ
10-01-2009, 03:38 PM
For the East the Magics.. they just got better from there final run last year.. Lakers In the West they were already the best in the league now they're just unstoppable

prodigy
10-01-2009, 04:11 PM
The spurs are a very good team. If manu can stay healthy, wow.

The Celtics are really old, only way I'd be scared of them is if I took there social security away.

The cavs have that lebron guy, also a 325 pound center. a few snipers and great defensive players. thats scary.

prodigy
10-01-2009, 04:13 PM
For the East the Magics.. they just got better from there final run last year.. Lakers In the West they were already the best in the league now they're just unstoppable

thats up for debate. I think the magic got worse. Turk was a HUGE mis-match for the cavs, and a big reason why they won. the cavs always play VC very well. So they got worse.

bigsams50
10-01-2009, 04:19 PM
THe raptors are about as scary as......well their not really scary at all

asandhu23
10-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Rapters seem like a scary team never even heard of them must be that scary

rapeters...:hide:

*Superman*
10-01-2009, 04:23 PM
thats up for debate. I think the magic got worse. Turk was a HUGE mis-match for the cavs, and a big reason why they won. the cavs always play VC very well. So they got worse.
I think we just got better this off-season. Barnes, Bass, resiged Gortat, Williams, Anderson, Carter.

Lost: Alston, Battie, Lee, Hedo.
We will see. I would go with the Lakers. Kobe, Pau, Artest, Odom, Fisher, Bynum!

bigsams50
10-01-2009, 04:25 PM
We will see. I would go with the Lakers. Kobe, Pau, Artest, Odom, Fisher, Bynum!

awesome sig

Raph12
10-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Orlando, Dwight is the most intimidating presence on defense in all of basketball.

*Superman*
10-01-2009, 04:37 PM
awesome sig

Thanks. I like it a lot too.lol

Wilson
10-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I recently read an article that had Jackson experimenting with starting lineups. It's very plausible that Odom could be a starting PG, creating ridiculous mismatches.

I love Lamar, but he's too erratic for Phil to start him at PG. His three point shooting is also not good enough. He could score some points slashing to the basket, but it would be hard to find room with Andrew and Pau down there.

Phil said he would experiment with this (as he has in the past), but didn't commit to anything.

*Superman*
10-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Orlando, Dwight is the most intimidating presence on defense in all of basketball.

:nod:

roshan3ai
10-01-2009, 04:40 PM
hahahaha he spelled raptors wrong

*Superman*
10-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I love Lamar, but he's too erratic for Phil to start him at PG. His three point shooting is also not good enough. He could score some points slashing to the basket, but it would be hard to find room with Andrew and Pau down there.

Phil said he would experiment with this (as he has in the past), but didn't commit to anything.

If anything, I would do(would never happen)

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Odom
PG-Kobe

Silent
10-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Spurs
duncan parker and manu is scarry now add r jeff to that damm

BeantownBill
10-01-2009, 04:48 PM
The Celtics, for two reasons. First (from their opponents point of view) they have the pieces in place to dominate and go deep into the playoffs, potentially winning another championship. Second (as a fan of the Celtics) their age has to be considered a factor and the possibility of one or more key players missing time due to injury is always there. All things considered, I'll take my chances with this lineup and hope for the best while expecting the worst. =p

BkOriginalOne
10-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Why aren't the Denver Nuggets an option?
I would say its a tie btw the Cs and the Lakeshow.
The Big 3 is daunting and knowing Kobe will have the ball is the scariest thing in all of basketball.

Wilson
10-01-2009, 04:59 PM

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Odom
PG-Kobe

It would give us the same problems I mentioned before. The Lakers aren't a team run by the PG like the Hornets or Jazz (for example). Using the triangle offense, all you need in the back court is a guy who can create his own shot and be a scoring presence, and a guy who can hit open long range Js. It doesn't matter which one is listed as the PG and which one is listed as the PG.

In this instance, the shooting guard is the attacker, and the point guard is the spot up shooter. If the Lakers had Lamar at PG, and Kobe at SG, this would remain the same (although it wouldn't work, because Lamar's shooting is too inconsistent). If Kobe was listed as the PG, and Lamar as the SG, then the PG becomes the attacker, whilst the SG becomes the spot up shooter.

This line-up won't work, the lane would be way too clogged up, and there wouldn't be enough outside shooting.

Raph12
10-01-2009, 05:00 PM

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Odom
PG-Kobe

Switch Artest and Odom and you're golden, Odom isn't quick enough on defense.

PG - Kobe
SG - Artest
SF - Odom
PF - Gasol
C - Bynum

Kobe running as the floor general, making plays for himself, then dishing to Artest, Odom, Gasol and Bynum. DAMN! WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED YET?!?! (of course you'd replace Ariza with Artest in the past)

Wilson
10-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Switch Artest and Odom and you're golden, Odom isn't quick enough on defense.

PG - Kobe
SG - Artest
SF - Odom
PF - Gasol
C - Bynum

Kobe running as the floor general, making plays for himself, then dishing to Artest, Odom, Gasol and Bynum. DAMN! WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED YET?!?! (of course you'd replace Ariza with Artest in the past)

Because if you're running the triangle, then you need to rely on Lamar and Ron to hit outside shots, and they can both be inconsistent (especially Lamar).

If you're asking Kobe to run a more traditional offense (instead of just running the triangle), it's up to him to get everyone else the ball at all times, and he just doesn't have the court vision for that.

He is a great passer, and when he locks in with one guy to work the two man game, he can be magical. He can't be locked in on all four team-mates though, and know where they are at all times unless you're running the triangle.

Offense would be much more complicated than it has to be for the Lakers if they were to go with that line-up for any extended periods of time.

Raph12
10-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Because if you're running the triangle, then you need to rely on Lamar and Ron to hit outside shots, and they can both be inconsistent (especially Lamar).

If you're asking Kobe to run a more traditional offense (instead of just running the triangle), it's up to him to get everyone else the ball at all times, and he just doesn't have the court vision for that.

He is a great passer, and when he locks in with one guy to work the two man game, he can be magical. He can't be locked in on all four team-mates though, and know where they are at all times unless you're running the triangle.

Offense would be much more complicated than it has to be for the Lakers if they were to go with that line-up for any extended periods of time.

Yes but think of the mis-match problems... the glorious mis-match problems :drool:

Besides, I'm sure Phil could figure something out to make it work, they have 82 games before it gets serious and could always resort back to the triangle when necessary.

DP&Youk1520
10-01-2009, 05:38 PM

:nod:

i disagree the newley vamped cavs would tear you guys a part

DP&Youk1520
10-01-2009, 05:39 PM
hahahaha he spelled raptors wrong

yes i did :facepalm: to me

fairandbalanced
10-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Ask the Bulls fans? The Heat bring jitters to them. Also, whenever Wade rolls up in your arena, you can't guarantee a win, so I say the Heat should at least be on that list.

MackSnackWrap
10-01-2009, 05:47 PM
cavs team looks more beastly now, for me it wud be the cavs

D Roses Bulls
10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
the only two teams i would be worried about in the east is the magic and celtics. in the west it would have to be the lakers. im not sold on the spurs just yet. i dont know why everyone is saying the cavs made nasty moves when they signed an old and slow shaq, an old anthony parker, and leon powe. i mean wow thats scary right there

Bashna
10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Well, "Lakers" sound like a bunch of people on a lake...

"Cavaliers" sound like dudes that ride horses..

"The Magic" sounds kinda scary like you don't know whats going to happen.

Hornet stings hurt sometimes.

Celtics were scary in the old days.

Mavericks just makes me think of John Mccain, very unscary.

Spurs sound sorta scary like you might need stitches.

Raptors are definitely scary, as they could bite your face.

On an un-sarcastic note, i voted Cleveland, 66 wins last season + upgrading in shaq and getting a slightly better bench? definitely looking strong Imo.

Bashna
10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
the only two teams i would be worried about in the east is the magic and celtics. in the west it would have to be the lakers. im not sold on the spurs just yet. i dont know why everyone is saying the cavs made nasty moves when they signed an old and slow shaq, an old anthony parker, and leon powe. i mean wow thats scary right there

It's alot about what they did without losing much...They lost ben wallace (who looked slower and older than shaq last season) and Pavlovich? what a joke, Anthony parker is a solid 2/3 backup, Leon powe IF healthy can contribute somewhat, and EVEN with a slow and old shaq, its a HUGE upgrade over ben wallace and pavloich as already stated. They didn't lose much, and gained a decent amount, and if you really can't understand that, i feel sorry for you, and anyone else who think the Cavs that won 66games last season aren't the team to beat regular season and post-season.

Wilson
10-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Yes but think of the mis-match problems... the glorious mis-match problems :drool:

Besides, I'm sure Phil could figure something out to make it work, they have 82 games before it gets serious and could always resort back to the triangle when necessary.

On paper the match-up problems are impressive, but in practice they wouldn't work. The beauty of match-up problems is that they force the opposition to pick a poison, but these match-ups wouldn't do that.

Let's say the Lakers are running the triangle. To double Kobe Bryant and/or Pau Gasol, they'd have to leave Ron Artest and/or Lamar Odom open on the perimeter. This isn't terribly advantageous for the Lakers. Ron Artest can hit the three fairly consistently, but you'd expect Lamar to miss the three. So the opposition is committing two guys to the Lakers' two biggest threats, and they're not giving up too many open baskets as a result. They could take away all open baskets by keeping a guy close to Artest. There's no dilemma for the defense, they're effectively playing 5-on-4.

If you take out Lamar, and replace him with Derek Fisher, that's a match-up problem. The opposition may choose to take a man off of Fisher to put an extra guy on Kobe. The ball gets swung round to Fisher, and he nails the three. So the defense is left having to choose between two poisons: defend Kobe with just one guy, or leave a very good shooter open.

If they're not runnig the triangle, then there would just be no spacing. Andrew Bynum is going to play close to the basket, as is Pau and Lamar. Granted, Pau and Lamar can step out and play from 15 feet, but that would still be three guys trying to fit into a space usually occupied by two.

Then, on the perimeter, you have Kobe and Ron. They're going to want the ball around 20-30 feet away from the basket, and the first thing they're going to want to do is drive to the basket, but they can't because it's already so congested down there. Kobe can hit the mid-range when guarded, but you don't want Ron Artest doing that. So that's four guys who are already struggling to find space where they can be effective offensively.

You might just tell Ron to spot up, and this would help the spacing a bit, but it wouldn't be enough. With the three guys so close around the basket, you can leave one of them to have one guy on Artest, and two on Kobe, just like with the triangle.

The Lakers need at least one pure shooter on the court to open the passing, driving and slashing lanes, and to create the dilemmas necessary to work an effective offense.

celticsfan18ty
10-01-2009, 06:26 PM
as a celtics fan i would have to say the lakers they roster is so deep but the celtics are really deep too

azkarraga
10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
nba teams dont scare me

iHop
10-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Raptors seem like a scary team on paper, but they'll manage to mess it up somehow.
I voted for LA, I feel like they are the best team in the league. Two other teams that are very close are the Cavs and Magic. Cavs added a significant piece to their roster and basically gave away nothing, as for Magic they are the deepest team in the league now.

Ovratd1up
10-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Memphis takes this poll and runs with it, who would want to get shot playing basketball?

MrFastBreak
10-01-2009, 07:33 PM
For me as a Kings fan, it's Orlando. They're our worst opponents. Whenever somebody would pull up for a three I would put a pillow over my head.

MDfootball36
10-01-2009, 07:45 PM
knicks, not cuz there so good, im just afraid they wont win a game

DRE'-MAC
10-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Definitely the Lakers.
They should go with a line up of
C: Bynum
PF: Gasol
SF: Odom
SG: Artest
PG: Kobe

They'd be unstoppable.

asandhu23
10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Well, "Lakers" sound like a bunch of people on a lake...

"Cavaliers" sound like dudes that ride horses..

"The Magic" sounds kinda scary like you don't know whats going to happen.

Hornet stings hurt sometimes.

Celtics were scary in the old days.

Mavericks just makes me think of John Mccain, very unscary.

Spurs sound sorta scary like you might need stitches.

Raptors are definitely scary, as they could bite your face.

On an un-sarcastic note, i voted Cleveland, 66 wins last season + upgrading in shaq and getting a slightly better bench? definitely looking strong Imo.

Warriors is pretty mean name

DP&Youk1520
10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Definitely the Lakers.
They should go with a line up of
C: Bynum
PF: Gasol
SF: Odom
SG: Artest
PG: Kobe

They'd be unstoppable.

i disagree

GAWDtv
10-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I said Orlando, the pieces they have fit so well and they are deep, they can sustain injuries to any player including Howard with Bass and Gortat...

Ace33Bone
10-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Lakers- they one the whole thing last year and IMO they have gotten better this off season

GAWDtv
10-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Memphis takes this poll and runs with it, who would want to get shot playing basketball?

Hey, Memphis is scarring ALOT of coaches in this L right now.

1. PG, Mayo: He showed he will be great in this L and with the new pieces, he will be more open
2. SG AI: He will start, and he will finish and that chip is HUGE, I need MemphisTV
3. SF Rudy: I still think he needs to legally change the Sir Name not his Pure Game
4. PF Zach Randolph: Perenial 20-10 ya a nucle head but he always commands a doble team
5. C Marc Gasol: The kid is good Euro style rebounding good shooting center.

Bench
6.G Mike Conley/Marcus Williams: Works in progress who will benefit by coming off the bench more than AI. They are great 2nd tier G's
7. F Sam Young/Steven Hunter/Darrell Arthur/Carroll: All good pieces that can get up and down, Sam Young is a Dark Horse.
8.C Haddadi/Thabeet: Thabeet is young but he is a force, Haddadi is also a great piece off the bench.

Chemistry will be the thing that makes or breaks this team short of injuries. The media loves to hate these guys but what AI and Zach have in common (other than the media demonization) is love for this game and passion to play it. This team, if they come together, play for them to win and not pull a Michael Curry on AI and Zach and they can lead this team to be the Scarriest in the L.