PDA

View Full Version : Who would be the ideal Complement for Lebron after next season?

JordansBulls
10-01-2009, 11:23 AM
There is a lot of speculation that Lebron and Bosh or Lebron and Amare will end up in NY next season. With that in mind, who would be the ideal compliment for Lebron?

Amare Stoudemire
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger
Dirk Nowitzki
Yao Ming

ManRam
10-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Give him a big like Bosh or Amare...and it's game over, league.

nitric
10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Derrick Rose

:p

bbcmillionaire
10-01-2009, 11:35 AM
ill say joe johnson. That duo would kill, lebron is so dominant going to the hole, then kick out to johnson for the 3, perfect

ManRam
10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
ill say joe johnson. That duo would kill, lebron is so dominant going to the hole, then kick out to johnson for the 3, perfect

He needs a big man. He's had decent shooters in the past, and the present (Mo and Delonte are solid). He needs someone to work the paint. Shaq will help a lot, but he isn't nearly the Shaq of old.

lakerboy
10-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Dwyane Wade.

charlsdq7
10-01-2009, 11:44 AM
bosh and a better pg...rose

nothin but net
10-01-2009, 11:44 AM
dwayne wade

bigsams50
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Dirk. Can you imagine lebron driving the lane then kicking it out to dirk. Man

ManRam
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM

Do you really think LeBron needs both Bosh AND Rose to win a title?? I don't think so...not at all.

GivenGrace
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Amare. He'll kick it out to Gallinari for the 3's.

thephoenixson28
10-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Amare so with that being said lebron should come to phoenix

TheKing23
10-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I think Bosh is the ideal compliment to LeBron in the league, a big who can dominate the paint. That's what LeBron needs the most... someone like Bosh or Stoudemire (i'd take Bosh because of his consistency) not another slashing wing player like Brandon Roy or Danny Granger.

BALLER71
10-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Can you imagine Dirk and Lebron together? That would be crazy two of the most versatile players in the league together would create havoc for defenses.

azkarraga
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
lebron+dirk=nasty

DerekRE_3
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
I think Bosh is the ideal compliment to LeBron in the league, a big who can dominate the paint. That's what LeBron needs the most... someone like Bosh or Stoudemire (i'd take Bosh because of his consistency) not another slashing wing player like Brandon Roy or Danny Granger.

Funny you say that Bosh dominates in the paint. 60% of his shots are jumpshots.

Giaps
10-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I was torn between Bosh and Amare... Bosh is younger and would have more years to contend with Lebron, but I think Amare's skills are a better compliment to Lebron.

Skill-wise: Amare
Long term: Bosh

CraigtheSoxFan
10-01-2009, 12:16 PM
ray allen why because hes nasty whens hes clutch

greg_ory_2005
10-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Sean Mayne. He could use a decent role player like LeBron.

nycericanguy
10-01-2009, 12:19 PM
a healthy Amare, Bosh's game is more on the perimeter.

Amare + Gallo in the corner = dynasty.

Yanks All Day
10-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Dirk would be perfect. Also, JJ REDICK!

JordansBulls
10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
ray allen why because hes nasty whens hes clutch

He is like 35 years old and probably is on Ben Gordon's level now.

As far as JJ is concerned, No way is he winning with Joe Johnson.

bigsams50
10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I was torn between Bosh and Amare... Bosh is younger and would have more years to contend with Lebron, but I think Amare's skills are a better compliment to Lebron.

Skill-wise: Amare
Long term: Bosh

Dude, ur sig is ****in huge

Wilson
10-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Chris Bosh I think. A big who can score inside, but is quick and versatile enough to step out, giving LeBron more room to work to drive and slash to the basket.

A good defensive center would be an ideal addition as well.

AntiG
10-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett haha :D

Raph12
10-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Lebron + Dwight Howard = DOMINATION!!!

Sign and trade Lebron for Rashard Lewis, Matt Barnes, JJ Redick and 2 First round picks.

Not ever gonna happen, but fun to think about lol.

bigsams50
10-01-2009, 04:58 PM

Sign and trade Lebron for Rashard Lewis, Matt Barnes, JJ Redick and 2 First round picks.

Lebron and Dwight would be UNSTOPPABLE

TheKing23
10-01-2009, 05:03 PM

I said can dominate in the paint... It's an aspect of his game he has to develop, but at the moment he has the credentials to compliment LeBron perfectly. A big man, who can shoot consistently out to about 18 ft.

GREATNESS ONE
10-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Ya I never really thought of Dirk and Bron together but they would be a perfect tandem. The possibilities on Offense is ridiculous all they would need is a big who was a banger.

Great Question ,JB.

Ethix11
10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Ok what the heck is this man crush on sean may? The best player to compliment Lebron is the best player next to Lebron. Total domination. I voted other.

TheMicrowave
10-01-2009, 05:09 PM
What if he stays in Cleveland?

Wilson
10-01-2009, 05:17 PM
What if he stays in Cleveland?

Then may God have mercy on us all...

JordansBulls
10-01-2009, 05:20 PM

The point is for him not to just get a top 5 player in the league. If he got a top 10 or top 15 player that is fine because they can develop into being a top 5 later on, but just giving him a top 5 player from the get go isn't really fair is it?

Raph12
10-01-2009, 05:31 PM
The point is for him not to just get a top 5 player in the league. If he got a top 10 or top 15 player that is fine because they can develop into being a top 5 later on, but just giving him a top 5 player from the get go isn't really fair is it?

No but stacking 3 future HOFers on the same team wasn't too fair either, life isn't fair. I know it isn't the same but it would still be fun to watch two guys dominating again like the Shaq-Kobe era.

Raph12
10-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Ok what the heck is this man crush on sean may? The best player to compliment Lebron is the best player next to Lebron. Total domination. I voted other.

Not true, Lebron+Kobe+scrubs wouldn't be as good as Lebron+Dwight+scrubs.

.Juice.
10-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Chris Bosh.

I'd like to see him and LeBron team up for the Knicks or Nets. I know there's only a select few teams who could afford both, and they'd have to take paycuts to play together. If they joined forces, that would be an instant dynasty. I'd hate for them to turn down that opportunity over a few million bucks.

thephoenixson28
10-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Kobe is the best compliment for lebron.so both should come to phoenix. Phx doesn't sign amare then suns sign lebron and kobe
Pg.nash
Sg.kobe
Sf.lebron
Pf.clark
C.frye

Pipe dream

Hawkeye15
10-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Roy would be perfect. Someone to take the pressure of creating, and can hit open shots, and play either guard position. The Cavs already rebound with the best, and play great defense. Adding Roy would give LeBron the opportunity to become an elite defender, and work without the ball, perhaps even in the post, which I think he really needs to do to further his game.

jm413
10-01-2009, 07:25 PM
d-wade
and it could be possible next yr.
but pride stands in the way

DA FRANCHISE
10-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Do you really think LeBron needs both Bosh AND Rose to win a title?? I don't think so...not at all.

YEAH! as great as lebron is he's not playing against bums orlando showed that i think it will take him and two other stars it took kobe 4stars himself,paul,odom,ariza and bos the year before kg,ray,rondo,paul also its not as easy as it sounds thats y the spurs traded for jefferson it use to be three but now it takes 4

JordansBulls
10-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Roy would be perfect. Someone to take the pressure of creating, and can hit open shots, and play either guard position. The Cavs already rebound with the best, and play great defense. Adding Roy would give LeBron the opportunity to become an elite defender, and work without the ball, perhaps even in the post, which I think he really needs to do to further his game.

Yeah Roy would be awesome for Lebron to have and would concede to being the 2nd option.

DerekRE_3
10-01-2009, 09:35 PM
I said can dominate in the paint... It's an aspect of his game he has to develop, but at the moment he has the credentials to compliment LeBron perfectly. A big man, who can shoot consistently out to about 18 ft.

It's not about developing it, when he goes inside he does well, he just chooses to settle for jumpers, which is why I'm not a big Bosh fan, then theres the post defense....but I'll stop there.

ko8e24
10-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Mike James :smoking:

JordansBulls
10-01-2009, 10:15 PM
No but stacking 3 future HOFers on the same team wasn't too fair either, life isn't fair. I know it isn't the same but it would still be fun to watch two guys dominating again like the Shaq-Kobe era.

Which team was that that had 3 future HOFers?

sofargone
10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
lebron+dirk=dynasty
fixed

ManRam
10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
YEAH! as great as lebron is he's not playing against bums orlando showed that i think it will take him and two other stars it took kobe 4stars himself,paul,odom,ariza and bos the year before kg,ray,rondo,paul also its not as easy as it sounds thats y the spurs traded for jefferson it use to be three but now it takes 4

Ha. LeBron took a team of scrubs to the Finals. He doesn't need anything more than one other great player. Give him a Gasol and it's game over. Give him a Pippen and it's game over. No one player can carry a team more than he can. Kobe may be better, but LeBron can will a team much further. Give him any one of these free agents and it's a guaranteed championship.

sofargone
10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Kobe is the best compliment for lebron.so both should come to phoenix. Phx doesn't sign amare then suns sign lebron and kobe
Pg.nash
Sg.kobe
Sf.lebron
Pf.clark
C.frye

Pipe dream

its possible

Toenail Clipper
10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Mike James, that way, they can create a dynasty.

Raph12
10-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Which team was that that had 3 future HOFers?

Paul Pierce+Ray Allen+Kevin Garnett, now I know this was all late in their career which is why I said it wasn't the same. But Dwight-Lebron would be like Shaq-Kobe all over again. Shaq was in his prime, Kobe was almost there; Lebron is in his prime, Dwight is almost there.

Illuminati999
10-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Derrick Rose

:p

I'm not sure they need a shoot 1st PG if they have LeBron and another high offensive player...

Illuminati999
10-02-2009, 12:02 AM

Rose isn't the dude for the job. Yes James can create his own shot, he's had too since he's never really had a pass first PG before. If he needs a pass first PG, Williams is sufficient in that he actually has a jump shot and can shoot the 3 when James kicks it out to him. James needs a Kidd, Nash, Calderon, D. Williams/Paul type of PG.

Illuminati999
10-02-2009, 12:06 AM

Then imagine the defense swarms as fast as they can to Dirk, leaving Jason Terry wide open for the 3!! :speechless:

A line up of Kidd, Terry, James, Marion, and Dirk would by sick... in fact, they would probably make it illegal...

Illuminati999
10-02-2009, 12:10 AM

I'm not sure if Bosh "dominates" the paint. He's quite crafty and effective from the paint, but he hardly "dominates" it.

A sure championship would probably be LeBron James and Dwight Howard. I don't see how they would be stopped really... Even with Wade at PG, Kobe at SG, Danny Granger at SF, Amare at PF, and Bynum at C... James and Howard would still dominate them...

This coming from someone who isn't a big fan of Howard...

Thank God the Magic aren't able to make a push for him.

Illuminati999
10-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Ya I never really thought of Dirk and Bron together but they would be a perfect tandem. The possibilities on Offense is ridiculous all they would need is a big who was a banger.

Great Question ,JB.

They would need a pure shot blocker who can run up and down the court. Hell, the center could shoot worse than Shaq and Howard for all I care, as long as he can guard the rim.

The offense would be lights out. They would sooner double team James, but because James is an amazing passer, Dirk would be getting some incredibly open looks.

HouRealCoach
10-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Yao Ming

Raph12
10-02-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm not sure if Bosh "dominates" the paint. He's quite crafty and effective from the paint, but he hardly "dominates" it.

A sure championship would probably be LeBron James and Dwight Howard. I don't see how they would be stopped really... Even with Wade at PG, Kobe at SG, Danny Granger at SF, Amare at PF, and Bynum at C... James and Howard would still dominate them...

This coming from someone who isn't a big fan of Howard...

Thank God the Magic aren't able to make a push for him.

Maybe a S&T for Vince Carter, Matt Barnes, JJ Redick and two future First-Round picks.

New Starting Line:
PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Mikael Pietrus
SF - Lebron "King" James
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight "Superman" Howard

Now that's a starting lineup, :D sure it's never gonna happen, but fun to dream lol

I like you
10-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Dirk

clutchski
10-02-2009, 12:21 AM
It may sound homerish coming from a raptor fan, but I think he would be best suited with Amare because he has a much more effective inside presence than Bosh.

Illuminati999
10-02-2009, 12:21 AM
its possible

Sure it's possible... After Pheonix lets Amare go and signs James and Bryant, they should trade Nash for Chris Paul, Jason Richardson for Dwyane Wade, and Robin Lopez for Dwight Howard. It's possible... :rolleyes:

Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Dwight Howard

Go play fantasy basketball... I doubt you could even get that in a league =p.

Ebbs
10-02-2009, 12:25 AM

I agree its rediculous good luck whoever you double your gonan get burned whether its a kickout from lebron to dirk. Or whether its dirk postin the iso and then hitting the Lebron cutting

I like you
10-02-2009, 12:29 AM
As long as people are posting their crazy ideas, heres mine:

Dwight Howard/ Chris Anderson
Dirk Nowitzki/ ZBo(gets his act together)
Lebron James/ Harpring
Anthony Morrow/ Terry
Mike Bibby/ DJ Augustine

I like you
10-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Jamison is also a good PF to put next to bronbron

ohreally
10-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Wade and LeBron would be unbelievable. LeBron and Howard would be awesome. But LeBron and Dirk would definitely complement each other the best.

NiTEFuRY
10-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Steve Nash is the answer. A boss boss boss like Lebron clearly ONLY needs a PG that is pass first, duh.

He just needs someone to dish him the rockkk!

Drunk Kosar 19
10-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Birdman!

RaiderLakersA's
10-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Yao Ming, T-Mac, and Trevor Ariza.

He's not going to win a title in 2009/2010 with Shaq anyway, and T-Mac could do worse than to stay in Houston with LeBron.

Ovratd1up
10-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Calderon
Raja Bell
LeBron
Luis Scola
Ming Yao

That's not that unrealistic, and I would say that's a championship team for sure.

biggy
10-02-2009, 12:57 AM
D-Wade

D-Leethal
10-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Danilo Gallllllllllllllllinari

blackjack_119
10-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Greg Oden/Joel Przybilla
LaMarcus Aldridge/Travis Outlaw
LeBron James/Nicolas Batum/Martell Webster
Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez
Andre Miller/Steve Blake/Jerryd Bayless

Would that team lose a championship in the next decade?

Fireworld
10-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Amare.

JMKnick33
10-02-2009, 01:55 AM
I voted 'Other'.

That 'Other' is Mike D'antoni :D

Just imagine. :rolleyes:

Wilson
10-02-2009, 05:08 AM
It's not about developing it, when he goes inside he does well, he just chooses to settle for jumpers, which is why I'm not a big Bosh fan, then theres the post defense....but I'll stop there.

I think that's part of what makes him a good fit for LeBron, he needs a guy who can play the 15-foot game well, and Bosh can do that. Then, like we said, he will go inside and get points there sometimes as well.

You're right about his defense, that's why I said they would need a big strong center to clean up the boards and play post defense.

its possible

No it isn't.

azkarraga
10-02-2009, 05:38 AM
I voted 'Other'.

That 'Other' is Mike D'antoni :D

Just imagine. :rolleyes:

LBJ + Dirk + D'antoni = sweet

bigsams50
10-02-2009, 05:41 AM
C Chandler
PF Diaw
SF Wallace
SG James
PG Felton

Will never happen but, a guy can dream right :)

Ace33Bone
10-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I think any of them would compliment him well but i would love to see him with a young Danny Granger who is steadily improving year after year

DonnieMinaya
10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
amare. He'll kick it out to gallinari for the 3's.

agreed

JordansBulls
10-02-2009, 05:37 PM
I think Roy would be pretty good.

NYman15
10-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I still believe he needs more than one player yeah put lebron and wade together and they are great but they need pieces around them to make them better young pieces i mean with all due respect the cavs are win now and shaq can be number 2 but they will not win a championship boston and magic are 1 and 2 i see a team like the knicks or nets or bulls however i see the knicks as the only team he would leave to and yes im a knicks fan but i do know that this year is as important as free agency next year the knicks have a couple of key pieces to get a max guys like lebron to come you have chandler who is a very good support player and gallinari who people say can be a star and toney douglas and jordan hill so all of them will a guy like lebron and if they get rid of curry and wade or bosh or amare who has said he would come is dominance

LanceUpperCut
10-02-2009, 06:12 PM

I love how everyone acts like Bosh never goes inside but somehow he was 4 in the league at FTA only behind LBJ,Wade and Howard. I would rather have a guy who can do both inside and outside game, but hey thats just me.

NBAfan4life
10-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I voted other. I dont want to see Lebron get paired up with any of the three most popular choices in this thread here is why:

Bosh May be a good player but he misses a lot of games already

Amare Same seems to get injured and never has been a fan of defense

Dirk would of been amazing but dirk has already peaked and cant play D either

jmastert
10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
lebron is going tothe nets end of story

MackSnackWrap
10-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Chris bosh and its overrrr

theuuord
10-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Sean Carter.

lizard5781
10-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Nobody, because all those dudes will be signing with their respective teams. Lebron will be back in Cleveland, Bosh back to Toronto. Franchise players always sign for max money and possibly get traded years down the line. Looks like it's going the be big Z, lol.

MoBASS
10-02-2009, 06:38 PM

Bosh is not a big.

He is a "PF" that plays the 3.

Red222
10-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Bosh is not a big.

:facepalm: plays like a 3

JordansBulls
Bosh is not a big.

Yeah, but with Lebron on the team he can stay down low.

DerekRE_3
I love how everyone acts like Bosh never goes inside but somehow he was 4 in the league at FTA only behind LBJ,Wade and Howard. I would rather have a guy who can do both inside and outside game, but hey thats just me.

There is a reason why people say that...look at the stats.
http://www.82games.com/0809/08TOR15.HTM

64% of his shots were jumpshots, and his effective FG% on them was only 43.6%. On his inside shots his effective FG% was 52.9%. Hmm...maybe he should go inside more.

LanceUpperCut
Bosh is not a big.

:confused:

MrFastBreak
10-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I think B Roy can compliment LeBron pretty well. He can take some of that pressure off of him and become the second option on offense.

BkOriginalOne
10-02-2009, 09:15 PM
He could use a 4, but also a 2 who can shoot the lights out like Ray Allen. Not Allen persay, but someone who can shoot like him. Michael Redd for instance.
Give Lebron Gasol and Redd and he's got a title.

MackSnackWrap
10-02-2009, 09:27 PM

exactly he had 4th most freethrow attemps meaning that he does drive maybe he jus needs to drive in more

MackSnackWrap
10-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Bosh is not a big.

:facepalm:

loki34
10-02-2009, 09:37 PM
nash :D

Ovratd1up
10-03-2009, 03:00 AM
He could use a 4, but also a 2 who can shoot the lights out like Ray Allen. Not Allen persay, but someone who can shoot like him. Michael Redd for instance.

If you mean Pau Gasol as I presume you do, then he doesn't need Redd to win some 3 titles with Pau.

Don't argue this, for it will turn into a Lebron/Kobe thread.
and we don't want another Lebron/Kobe thread.

My logic wins.

LanceUpperCut
10-03-2009, 10:15 AM
There is a reason why people say that...look at the stats.
http://www.82games.com/0809/08TOR15.HTM

64% of his shots were jumpshots, and his effective FG% on them was only 43.6%. On his inside shots his effective FG% was 52.9%. Hmm...maybe he should go inside more.

Well damn if its that easy we should just send him the link, I'm sure he has'nt got a clue or the coaching staff they don't have the internet in T.O. so it makes it alot harder.

theuuord
10-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Well damn if its that easy we should just send him the link, I'm sure he has'nt got a clue or the coaching staff they don't have the internet in T.O. so it makes it alot harder.

a ton of players in the NBA don't pay enough attention to understand their own tendencies.
For example: Stephen Jackson is way more efficient when he drives right, but he goes to the left almost twice as often.

JordansBulls
10-04-2009, 04:02 PM

Why should he just be given a star player though?

Maybe if he is near 30 years old or so that would make sense.

Wilson
10-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't like the idea of LeBron playing with guys like Steve Nash or Brandon Roy. Those two, and LeBron are all at their best when controlling the ball. It doesn't make sense to take one of them off the ball.

JordansBulls
10-07-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't like the idea of LeBron playing with guys like Steve Nash or Brandon Roy. Those two, and LeBron are all at their best when controlling the ball. It doesn't make sense to take one of them off the ball.

Roy would be good but not Nash for Lebron.

MackShock
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Bosh. Game over.

JordansBulls
10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Bosh. Game over.

Not so sure about that.

CELTICS4LYFE
10-07-2009, 11:05 AM
i say amare....that would jus b scare' lol

JOSKOMANG4
10-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Let's say Lebron James & Bosh go the NJ Nets..

Lineup:

C: Brook Lopez/Sean Williams
PF: Chris Bosh/Josh Boone/Eduardo Najera
SF: Lebron James/T. Williams*
SG: Courtney LeeChris Douglas-Roberts
PG: Devin Harris/Keyon Dooling

Plus 3 draft picks next season.. UMMMMM title town Eastern Conference?

JOSKOMANG4
10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
My guestimate for after the 2009 season.. Nets would exercise options for '10 season for boone, Douglass-Roberts, and Sean Williams.

JordansBulls
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM
My guestimate for after the 2009 season.. Nets would exercise options for '10 season for boone, Douglass-Roberts, and Sean Williams.

:confused:

LA_Raiders
10-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Crybron & Bosh, but Wade & Amare will be better...

So regardless of who Crybron has, Wade will always beat him in the East...

And of course Kobe will beat them both in the finals... Kobe & Gasol the best duo since Kobe & Shaq...

spacemandave
10-14-2009, 01:26 AM
his top homeboy chris paul.

zambo4president
10-14-2009, 03:24 AM
Bosh instantly came to mind.

DerekRE_3
10-14-2009, 03:47 AM
There is a lot of speculation that Lebron and Bosh or Lebron and Amare will end up in NY next season. With that in mind, who would be the ideal compliment for Lebron?

Amare Stoudemire
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger
Dirk Nowitzki
Yao Ming

Lebron needs a top 5, maybe top 3 PG like say....Mo Williams
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378709&highlight=williams

cbs134679
10-14-2009, 04:27 AM
I say yao he's the only true post presence, dirk bosh stoudamire are all jumpshooting bigs.

Trouble87
10-14-2009, 05:19 AM
anyone on the knicks roster

caseyv415
10-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Not on the list, but LeBron in New Orleans with CP3 would be a wrap!

bal_ravens
10-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Gilbert Arenas would be a pretty good fit with him.

Gilbert, Lebron, Butler, Jamison and Haywood. Sounds good to me. If he is willing to only take about $13 million a year, we can get it done!

JOSKOMANG4
10-14-2009, 05:27 PM
1) Cavaliers- If they resign Shaq; Lebron will consider a return to Cleveland. Not to mention, The Cavaliers can offer Lebron more money than any team in the NBA.

2) Nets- Woudl be perfect fit in that young lineup. With available money, Lebron & Bosh might see themselves playing in NJ next season.

Picture that Lineup!

C) Lopez
PF) Bosh
SF) Lebron James
SG) Court Leee
PG) Devin Harris

W/ young & experience off the bench. If they managed to pull this out, the Nets would be, at least, the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference; behind a veteran lead Boston Celtics & defending East Con champs, Orlando Magic.

3) Knicks

Big City lights & the opportunity to bring Bosh with him.

But other than Bosh.. they have nobody else.. ha

JordansBulls
10-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Lebron needs a top 5, maybe top 3 PG like say....Mo Williams
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378709&highlight=williams

Obviously last year Mo was a top 5 PG after making the allstar team on an elite team.
:)

Chronz
10-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Any one really, Bron doesnt need much help, look at what he did with Mo.

JordansBulls
10-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Any one really, Bron doesnt need much help, look at what he did with Mo.

You mean an allstar?

theuuord
10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Not on the list, but LeBron in New Orleans with CP3 would be a wrap!

I've thought about this combination before. It could be the greatest PG-Swing combo ever if it ever happened. It's salivating.

You mean an allstar?

Don't take this bait Chronz. JB knows what he's doing.

PurpleJesus
10-14-2009, 10:41 PM
mark madsen

RaptorizedKevin
10-14-2009, 11:54 PM
with chris bosh. Sign and trade lebron for turkoglu, banks, calderon. so now their lineup is

jarrat jack
Derozan
Lebron
Bosh
Bargnani

bench

belineli
Wright
Johnson
evans
Rasho

this would give the cavs something for lebron if he doesnt wanna be back in cleveland and a okay sf, and some expiring contracts.

todu82
10-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Other: Dwayne Wade

stop40
10-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Dirk . . . i think a big man with an outside shot that could clear the lane would be HUGE for Bron Bron.

PapelbonLester
10-15-2009, 12:59 PM
umm how bout D-wade. If they got paired up im the fan of that team lol. But besides him id say Dirk or Bosh.

Yankee Lifer
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Bosh No Doubt About It.

DerekRE_3
10-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Obviously last year Mo was a top 5 PG after making the allstar team on an elite team.

So he's better than Deron Williams, who has never made an all star game? He's not better than Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Devin Harris, or Steve Nash.

SchyGuy11
10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
rose lebron and amare on the Bulls!!!

HouRealCoach
11-04-2009, 07:49 PM
....in the NBA except Kobe, Wade, Paul, Deron, Howard.... those are the only players you cant name

asandhu23
11-04-2009, 08:12 PM
LeBron James, Monta Ellis, Anthony Morrow and Don Nelson. WIN!

thesparky33
11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Out of those listed, I'd vote for Dirk Nowitzki.

He would compliment Lebron, as he would allow them to have an inside-outside game, yet at the same time, when Lebron drives to the lane, Dirk can hit outside shots... and I think that is the most crucial. Mo Williams' ability to hit the outside shot is a huge factor in why Cleveland dominated last season.

ChiSox219
11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Devin Harris
Courtney Lee
Lebron
Bosh
Brook Lopez

6th man: CDR

DYNASTY

ragee
11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Why is Steve Nash not in the mix? I picked Dirk but I think Nash and D'Antoni will do wonders on Lebron...

Gambeezy
11-04-2009, 09:21 PM
How funny that you didn't include Dwyane Wade in the selection since you're a Bulls homer and you hope Wade goes to the Bulls in 2010. The Heat, Nets, and Knicks have the best chance of landing those big names in the FA. The Heat will be capable of re-signing Wade and an additional Superstar. So my question is, why would you not include Wade in that conversation? Did I hit the nail on the head with my first guess?

ChiSox219
11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
How funny that you didn't include Dwyane Wade in the selection since you're a Bulls homer and you hope Wade goes to the Bulls in 2010. The Heat, Nets, and Knicks have the best chance of landing those big names in the FA. The Heat will be capable of re-signing Wade and an additional Superstar. So my question is, why would you not include Wade in that conversation? Did I hit the nail on the head with my first guess?

Why didn't he include Kobe? Or Carmelo? Or Dwight Howard?

etc.

IRUAM #21
11-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Other : Mark Blount

ragee
11-04-2009, 09:36 PM

etc.

Because they are locked-in by their respective teams... I don't know why he put Roy in though... He just signed an extension...

b_rad23
11-04-2009, 09:41 PM

etc.

Because they don't have the means to pair them, while there is enough money in Miami to bring them both together and more. Maybe that was the point of layz's post?

ragee
11-04-2009, 09:41 PM

etc.

Because they are locked-in by their respective teams... I don't know why he put Roy in though... He just signed an extension...

Gambeezy
11-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Because those guys won't be free agents in 2010. Aside from Granger, all of those guys will be free agents and he failed to include Wade. How do you leave a guy like Wade out of that conversation when the Heat have an opportunity to pair Lebron and Wade up next season. Weird.

lorenz00
11-04-2009, 10:42 PM
if he gets chris bosh? its over cavs will win it!

sportsnutz4eva
11-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I think maybe Kirk Hinrich of the Chicago Bulls would provide everything Lebron is lacking. A shutdown defender that can play the 1 or 2. Hinrich would also not cost the Cavs too much becasue the Bulls are looking to dump salary.

Plus, he is good locker room guy and he is smart, so he can prob can persuade Lebron to stay with him in Cleavland

JordansBulls
11-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Why is Steve Nash not in the mix? I picked Dirk but I think Nash and D'Antoni will do wonders on Lebron...

Because he would be too old by that time.

KayNti
11-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Eh, Rudy Gay is in the mix now...

ChiSox219
11-05-2009, 12:22 AM

Because they don't have the means to pair them, while there is enough money in Miami to bring them both together and more. Maybe that was the point of layz's post?

Because those guys won't be free agents in 2010. Aside from Granger, all of those guys will be free agents and he failed to include Wade. How do you leave a guy like Wade out of that conversation when the Heat have an opportunity to pair Lebron and Wade up next season. Weird.

Silly Heat fans, my point was there are many other players that could've been included in the poll but you guys think there's some conspiracy why Wade wasn't.

If I'm not mistaken Kobe can opt out after this year, Carmelo is a Free agent after 2011 so you never know he could be moved, and the Magic could S+T to add Lebron while keeping Dwight.

Granger and Roy are locked up forever, Dirk should exercise his option, Yao will do the same.

oak2455
11-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Patrick Chewing:D

Gambeezy
11-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Silly Heat fans, my point was there are many other players that could've been included in the poll but you guys think there's some conspiracy why Wade wasn't.

If I'm not mistaken Kobe can opt out after this year, Carmelo is a Free agent after 2011 so you never know he could be moved, and the Magic could S+T to add Lebron while keeping Dwight.

Granger and Roy are locked up forever, Dirk should exercise his option, Yao will do the same.

:pity:
Kobe doesn't have a Player Option. He's staying in LA at least until 2011.

Who cares if Carmelo is a FA after 2011? He won't be moved before LeBron is signed to a max deal by another team.

@ Dwight....really? In that case many teams could do a S+T to get Lebron and keep their star.

Why does it make me silly for wondering why JB wouldn't include Wade in this conversation? It's one of the most legitimate arguments and possibilities that Bron could end up in Miami. Some of your scenarios are a bit more speculative and honestly reaching. Don't you think it's weird that he would mention pairing LeBron with Yao (who is injured for the whole season and could potentially call it quits at anytime) instead of Wade (where there is a legitimate chance of him playing)?

And I already said JB posted players who are all expiring FA (some with player options), he left out Wade but included Roy and Yao? It just seems like he doesn't want to acknowledge the idea of Wade staying in Miami and, moreover, being paired with LeBron? If we're going to discuss free agents that LeBron could potentially play with, it only seems logical to include Wade in that conversation.

IRUAM #21
11-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Ragee is not a Heat fan :)

ChiSox219
11-05-2009, 01:00 AM
And I already said JB posted players who are all expiring FA (some with player options), he left out Wade but included Roy and Yao? It just seems like he doesn't want to acknowledge the idea of Wade staying in Miami and, moreover, being paired with LeBron? If we're going to discuss free agents that LeBron could potentially play with, it only seems logical to include Wade in that conversation.

That's ridiculous.

You ever think JB just considered a few players and not every potential teammates for Lebron?

Yeah he left out Wade, he also did not include Joe Johnson another star SG. And Ray Allen. And TMac. And Michael Redd. And...you should get the point

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

That says Kobe has a player option to be a unrestricted free agent.

And yes, a lot of team can do a sign and trade for Lebron. There's a post about him going to the Lakers to play with Kobe.

Gambeezy
11-05-2009, 01:01 AM
^ True dat. Ragee's not a Heat fan but seems like a smart guy

mcflash03
11-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Chris Paul, he would open up the entire floor to Lebron. Lebron's points would skyrocket as well as Paul's assists.

Gambeezy
11-05-2009, 01:20 AM
That's ridiculous.

You ever think JB just considered a few players and not every potential teammates for Lebron?

Yeah he left out Wade, he also did not include Joe Johnson another star SG. And Ray Allen. And TMac. And Michael Redd. And...you should get the point

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

That says Kobe has a player option to be a unrestricted free agent.

And yes, a lot of team can do a sign and trade for Lebron. There's a post about him going to the Lakers to play with Kobe.

Not sure what he was thinking. I would think the conversation would include a top 3 player that has talked to Bron about how fun it would be to play together.

Weird. My source doesn't indicate that Kobe has a player option when he does in fact. Hoopshype fails
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Either way, Let me know when all-signs point to Kobe opting out. Last I checked he's pretty happy in L.A. JB put FA's in his list, as I said before. Though Kobe will be expiring, he's planning on extending so he can resign for a MASSIVE contract. No one considers Kobe as part of that 2010 FA.

The Lakers will always be in the Lebron conversation since they obviously don't recognize the salary cap and enjoy donating their money to the rule-abiding teams that manage to stay under the lux tax.

JordansBulls
11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Chris Paul, he would open up the entire floor to Lebron. Lebron's points would skyrocket as well as Paul's assists.

So you expect Lebron to go to New Orleans?

madiaz3
11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
In all honesty taking out the whole Lebron to Knicks thing, David Lee and Gallinari compliment the hell out of Lebron, no matter the team or system.

#1Mavericksfan
11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Lebron and Dirk would be almost and I repeat almost be like Kobe and Pau.

Raph12
11-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Lebron and Dwight, complete and utter domination... lets get a sign and trade done.

TheMicrowave
11-05-2009, 11:17 AM

I don't think so. Obviously, they'll be great combo. It takes more than two players to win a championship. As you can see with the Celtics. They had the big 3, but if it wasn't for the development of Rondo and the defensive play of their bench they would not have won the championship. Shaq and Kobe for an exmaple.. yeah they average 63 points a game combined, but without Fisher, Fox, Horry... they aren't the same team. They'll still need a few solid role players.

The problem I see with LeBron is that he always has the ball. He needs a PG and play a different style. I think he does too much. It is fine all season long, but you see in the playoffs it does not work out. Magic won because everyone was getting the ball, same with the Lakers, and Celtics. They don't have one solo vocal point on the team. Shut down LeBron and the Cavs lose. They need to get more people involved. It is not LeBron's fault, it is Mike Browns. He is not that good of a coach.

Raph12
11-05-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't think so. Obviously, they'll be great combo. It takes more than two players to win a championship. As you can see with the Celtics. They had the big 3, but if it wasn't for the development of Rondo and the defensive play of their bench they would not have won the championship. Shaq and Kobe for an exmaple.. yeah they average 63 points a game combined, but without Fisher, Fox, Horry... they aren't the same team. They'll still need a few solid role players.

The problem I see with LeBron is that he always has the ball. He needs a PG and play a different style. I think he does too much. It is fine all season long, but you see in the playoffs it does not work out. Magic won because everyone was getting the ball, same with the Lakers, and Celtics. They don't have one solo vocal point on the team. Shut down LeBron and the Cavs lose. They need to get more people involved. It is not LeBron's fault, it is Mike Browns. He is not that good of a coach.

Agree with almost all of this... the Magic didn't shut down Lebron, they did they opposite, they let Lebron get his and shutdown his teammates.

But yeah Mike Brown sucks, Celts need their bench/supporting players as did the 2000-2002 Lakers and a team game will always prevail over 1-on-5 when playing against another elite team.

theuuord
11-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Agree with almost all of this... the Magic didn't shut down Lebron, they did they opposite, they let Lebron get his and shutdown his teammates.

they didn't even really do that. The Cavs had wide open shots all series. They just kept missing them.

Raph12
11-05-2009, 12:52 PM
they didn't even really do that. The Cavs had wide open shots all series. They just kept missing them.

Lebron went one-on-one often, Dwight was the only guy helping out. As soon as Lebron penetrated, Dwight came in with the help, Lebron dished and they got a hand up on a shooter who was open for a split second.

PHX2daDEATH
11-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Put Manute Bol on the cavs that'll equal a decade Dynasty

theuuord
11-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Lebron went one-on-one often, Dwight was the only guy helping out. As soon as Lebron penetrated, Dwight came in with the help, Lebron dished and they got a hand up on a shooter who was open for a split second.

I'm not sure what series you're talking about, but the Cavs missed an inordinate amount of wide open threes and jump shots after LeBron drew in much of the defense. Prior to game 5 Mo Williams shot 21-71, including 6-27 from deep. I don't have the game tape with me but I'd say a fair amount of those were pretty solidly open shots. He was supposed to be LeBron's second option on offense. Delonte West shot poorly from deep all series as well. Varejao was a non-factor in mostly every game.
Dwight was not the only player helping on defense for LeBron during the series, that is for sure.

The Magic won that series because they shot the lights out on offense and everyone besides LeBron on the Cavs had an off series. Part of that is certainly attributable to the Magic being a great defensive team, but for the most part the Cavs just missed easy shot after easy shot the entire series.

Southsideheat
11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Blake Griffin, duh.

Raph12
11-05-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure what series you're talking about, but the Cavs missed an inordinate amount of wide open threes and jump shots after LeBron drew in much of the defense. Prior to game 5 Mo Williams shot 21-71, including 6-27 from deep. I don't have the game tape with me but I'd say a fair amount of those were pretty solidly open shots. He was supposed to be LeBron's second option on offense. Delonte West shot poorly from deep all series as well. Varejao was a non-factor in mostly every game.
Dwight was not the only player helping on defense for LeBron during the series, that is for sure.

The Magic won that series because they shot the lights out on offense and everyone besides LeBron on the Cavs had an off series. Part of that is certainly attributable to the Magic being a great defensive team, but for the most part the Cavs just missed easy shot after easy shot the entire series.

Lebron ran alot of one-on-ones with Pietrus and would dish the ball only when he couldn't score on Howard, expecting his teammates to just catch-and-shoot out of rhythem. It wasn't that everyone had an off series, Lebron was hogging plain and simple. This Cavs team works best when Lebron plays off-ball and takes it when they can't figure something out. Lebron would dribble, dribble, dribble for 20 seconds on the clock and then dish and expect someone to hit a last-second shot. Lebron looked like the 2005-06 Lebron in the series against the Magic, not the one that won 74 games in the 2008-09 season, prior to facing Orlando. Lebron hogged and his teammates were out of rhythem due solely in part to that hogging.

It's easy to just blame his teammates, but if you watched the series closely, you'd notice that Lebron's game looked drastically different than it did in games previous to the Magic series.

Sportfan
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Billups

ChiSox219
11-05-2009, 07:59 PM
So you expect Lebron to go to New Orleans?

You expect him to go to Indiana?

GodsSon
11-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Bosh is winning the poll by quite a lot, it would be nice to see Lebron sign with TO next summer and team up with Chris :)

OaklandsFinest
11-05-2009, 08:47 PM
I think the ideal match would be Lebron and Chris Bosh, but of the teams in their current state. I really like Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, Terrence Williams, and Brook Lopez. Not only that but you throw in the Bosh possibility in Brooklyn? Are you for real?

celtisox41
11-05-2009, 09:56 PM
i love chris bosh. but if hes playin with lebron i'll hate him. it doesnt really matter who compliments him, he'll never win, selfish players dont win. Bosh is a great player without lebron. he wont compliment him he'll outplay him

madiaz3
11-05-2009, 10:01 PM

You're kidding if you believe they were actually given a chance to get in rhythm...

OaklandsFinest
11-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Lebron ran alot of one-on-ones with Pietrus and would dish the ball only when he couldn't score on Howard, expecting his teammates to just catch-and-shoot out of rhythem. It wasn't that everyone had an off series, Lebron was hogging plain and simple. This Cavs team works best when Lebron plays off-ball and takes it when they can't figure something out. Lebron would dribble, dribble, dribble for 20 seconds on the clock and then dish and expect someone to hit a last-second shot. Lebron looked like the 2005-06 Lebron in the series against the Magic, not the one that won 74 games in the 2008-09 season, prior to facing Orlando. Lebron hogged and his teammates were out of rhythem due solely in part to that hogging.

It's easy to just blame his teammates, but if you watched the series closely, you'd notice that Lebron's game looked drastically different than it did in games previous to the Magic series.

You obviously did not watch the series. The defense would collapse and Williams, Boobie, (haha I said boobie jk) Delonte, and Wally were throwin up soooooo many bricks. There were times when they didn't collapse and that was when Lebron was adding to his point total. Theres only so often you can pass to guys who have proven they will not make shots. In fact lebron passed up a lay up to tie for wide open delonte 3 to win and he missed. But stick him in the nets sign Bosh and they will win 5 rings easy. Hire Mark Jackson as coach and watch em roll in Brooklyn! HELLO BROOKLYN!!!!!

Tdots-Guido
11-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Bosh is winning the poll by quite a lot, it would be nice to see Lebron sign with TO next summer and team up with Chris :)

Dude i wish Lebron would end you in Toronto! Will never happen but dreaming cant hurt:(

PrettyBoyJ
11-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Amare or Bosh= Championship

macc
11-05-2009, 10:39 PM
You obviously did not watch the series. The defense would collapse and Williams, Boobie, (haha I said boobie jk) Delonte, and Wally were throwin up soooooo many bricks. There were times when they didn't collapse and that was when Lebron was adding to his point total. Theres only so often you can pass to guys who have proven they will not make shots. In fact lebron passed up a lay up to tie for wide open delonte 3 to win and he missed. But stick him in the nets sign Bosh and they will win 5 rings easy. Hire Mark Jackson as coach and watch em roll in Brooklyn! HELLO BROOKLYN!!!!!

I think you both are right. Both things happened. Lebron would go 1 on 5. the defense would collapse if he got close to the paint. He would then pass it out to the open guy which normally woudl brick the shot. I do agree with Ralph that it does seem out of rhythm. Think about it. You're Lebrons teammate and you're just sitting there watching him break down his defender, then he drives and dishes to you or somone else with 3 sec left on the shot clock. I think that def affects somones shot. When your offense just stops and no players are setting/ running around screens, setting pics or nothing. Yes I think that def can put somone out of rhythm.

With that being said I think his perfect compliment would be Dirk.

More than that though I think he should be in a more uptempo offense. The Cavs are to slow for him I think. Hes at his best when he's using his speed and making split second decisions. I think an offense like Phoenix has would treat him best. Along with a player like Dirk who could drive or spread the floor if necessary. That would be a deadly combo I think

JordansBulls
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I think Dirk is a great compliment for Lebron because Lebron needs the paint to operate.

ILLN355
11-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Lopez
Dirk
James
Lee
Harris

Jay22Redd
11-06-2009, 02:25 PM
It has to be Bosh or Amare...I chose Bosh. LeBron likes to run so either one of the two wont deeply compliment LeBron.

Stunner
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Then may God have mercy on us all...

lmao

JordansBulls
11-06-2009, 06:34 PM
You expect him to go to Indiana?

Chicago where he can be the man.

dtmagnet
11-06-2009, 11:59 PM
I think Dirk is a great compliment for Lebron because Lebron needs the paint to operate.

Amare or Bosh can both run pick and roll extremely well, and Lebron could probably arrange some of those plays.

KB24PG16
11-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Sean Mayne. He could use a decent role player like LeBron.

:nod:

raptor fan
11-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Chris Bosh would be a perfect fit with Lebron. If those 2 were on the same team, they'd be in position to win championships for years.

JordansBulls
11-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Chris Bosh would be a perfect fit with Lebron. If those 2 were on the same team, they'd be in position to win championships for years.

They would have a good chance