PDA

View Full Version : is derrick rose overrated?

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
i say yes untill he shows me someting hes overrated! and no im not a homer!

SteveNash
09-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Yes, like other young players, Rondo, Durant, etc.

bigsams50
09-30-2009, 04:49 PM
i say yes by the people here in PSD, to some here he is like the 2nd comming of christ

KH12
09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I don't know who Derek Rose is.

abe_froman
09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
by many bulls fans he is,by other he gets abit underrated

and abit sensitive are you?

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
i say yes by the people here in PSD, to some here he is like the 2nd comming of christ

ok i agree

Kyben36
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes and No, The way he played in the playoffs game 1 proves he will be a great player, but he isnt there yet, give him a few years, he is too young.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
i look at this hes done nothing! and yet the bulls fans thinks hes better than kobe! give me a break all you bulls fans are jokes untill he beats Lebron or kobe hes very overrated

fairandbalanced
09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Most overrated player in the NBA currently....some people think he's enough to get the Bulls to the play-offs...same people say Wade needs help to do same. Ain't that some funny isshhh?

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 05:02 PM
exactly. this guy only started this thread because someone made a thread about whether rondo was over rated...surprise surprise hes a boston fan!

i am a boston fan but i want to know is he overrated

29$JerZ
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Overrated in what regard?

Potential wise he is a future Top 3 PG.

Presently he is a reigning ROY, lead his team to 8th seed, and held his own against a defensive team without KG.

Not to mention he took his Memphis team to the Championships, despite missing free throws that wuld have clinced them the title.

He has done a lot already and has a bright future ahead of him.

If you mean he is overrated as a PG I don't see how. In the East the best 3 PG's are Harris,Calderon, Rose.

2 of those 3 didn't even reach the playoffs this year.

He is what he is, a potential future Top 3 PG in the NBA. I don't see him ever being as good as Paul or Deron however. Rose reminds me a lot of Marbury in regards to his talent and how he gets his assist. He won't have the same career path Marbury had but I can't see him being anything more than a scoring PG who gets his team around 8 assist. He is basically a Devin Harris Clone actually.

bal_ravens
09-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Yes he is overrated. When people say he is the second or third best PG in the league, they are definitely overrating him.

He has potential to be great, but is not a top tier PG yet.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 05:05 PM

Presently he is a reigning ROY, lead his team to 8th seed, and held his own against a defensive team without KG.

Not to mention he took his Memphis team to the Championships, despite missing free throws that wuld have clinced them the title.

If you mean he is overrated as a PG I don't see how. In the East the best 3 PG's are Harris,Calderon, Rose.

He is what he is, a potential future Top 3 PG in the NBA. I don't see him ever being as good as Paul or Deron however. Rose reminds me a lot of Marbury in regards to his talent and how he gets his assist.

but he never beat lebron or kobe

IRUAM #21
09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't know who Derek Rose is.

Me neither :shrug:

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Yes he is overrated. When people say he is the second or third best PG in the league, they are definitely overrating him.

He has potential to be great, but is not a top tier PG yet.

bingo

bigsams50
09-30-2009, 05:07 PM
he's overrated because people call him great due to his POTENTIAL not so much what he's done. No way is he a top 5 pg in the league

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 05:08 PM
he's overrated because people call him great due to his POTENTIAL not so much what he's done. No way is he a top 5 pg in the league thats right

WITZ
09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
After one year....No.Im guessing this is a response to the rondo thread.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Show me where all Bulls fans say that he is better than Kobe or Lebron Nobody has placed him in the group of elite players right now, maybe they said he could be in that group over time. I haven't seen anyone write about that he is the 2nd coming of Jesus either. He is not over rated, he is a very good and very young player and his ceiling is so very high.

I love when people make threads in retaliation to other threads.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
After one year....No.Im guessing this is a response to the rondo thread.

yes but mostly no

bigsams50
09-30-2009, 05:17 PM
apparently people like to forget he was a turnover machine in the playoffs. Against a diminished defensive celtics team.

Illuminati999
09-30-2009, 05:22 PM

He is what he is, a potential future Top 3 PG in the NBA. I don't see him ever being as good as Paul or Deron however. Rose reminds me a lot of Marbury in regards to his talent and how he gets his assist. He won't have the same career path Marbury had but I can't see him being anything more than a scoring PG who gets his team around 8 assist. He is basically a Devin Harris Clone actually.

A Devin Harris clone... minus the fact he plays horrible D in comparison to Devin. They have similar game, Harris gets the edge on D though.

And yes, Derrick Rose is a good player... just incredibly over-rated.

ChiSox219
09-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Call him overrated, you'll look stupid in about a month.

Illuminati999
09-30-2009, 05:26 PM
he's overrated because people call him great due to his POTENTIAL not so much what he's done. No way is he a top 5 pg in the league

He's currently not even top 10 PG in the league. I can see him definitely being top 5-10 PG in the league in the future though. He'll have a solid career.

DLeeicious
09-30-2009, 05:26 PM

You are the perfect representative for Celtic fans. What are you like 12 years old?

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:27 PM
This guy is a complete dumbass, oops, I swore! lol

No, Rose is not overated, RONDO is.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 05:27 PM
You are the perfect representative for Celtic fans. What are you like 12 years old?

dude im older than you thats for shure

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:29 PM

then act like it

ecorrea
09-30-2009, 05:30 PM
^^^ yea rondo is an 87 in nba2k10 with Rose an 80

whats up with that

DLeeicious
09-30-2009, 05:31 PM

"shure" you are. Is that something to brag about? You can't control what age you are. Someone who says the things you say sounds like a 12 year old.

sofargone
then act like it

dude he tattletailed on me to moderator. he asked him if he could ban me lol

dbroncos78087
Keep this thread on topic, no personal insults.

Illuminati999

I would rather have Rose than Rondo, but Rondo isn't over-rated. He's rated just fine. Rondo won't be the offensive machine Rose is, but Rose won't be the defender Rondo is.

DLeeicious

Can I make the top 5 boston haters list because I HATE every boston team...

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:32 PM

HA HA HA HA HA.....Thats hilarious!!!!!

ChiSox219
He's currently not even top 10 PG in the league. I can see him definitely being top 5-10 PG in the league in the future though. He'll have a solid career.

I'd ask you to name 10 better PG's but I have seen your posts so I consider your opinion completely irrelevant.

Ni55anpat

+ 1. Also, what bulls fans say he is better then kobe or lebron? Lay off the pipe.

"He has to show me something" before he is not considered overrated.

Ok - I am guessing Lebron is over-rated? What has he accomplished??? A MVP? wow:facepalm:

IRUAM #21
09-30-2009, 05:33 PM

After this thread he might have to extend that list to about 100.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 05:33 PM

your not good enough

theuuord
09-30-2009, 05:34 PM
yes and no.

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:35 PM
I would rather have Rose than Rondo, but Rondo isn't over-rated. He's rated just fine. Rondo won't be the offensive machine Rose is, but Rose won't be the defender Rondo is.

I know its just one play, but still funny. lol

http://ballhype.com/video/derrick_rose_blocks_rajon_rondo_to_seal_win/

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:36 PM
+ 1. Also, what bulls fans say he is better then kobe or lebron? Lay off the pipe.

"He has to show me something" before he is not considered overrated.

Ok - I am guessing Lebron is over-rated? What has he accomplished??? A MVP? wow:facepalm:

I know right?

When have we ever said Rose is better than Kobe or Lebron?

Pierzynski4Prez
09-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Rose has done so much in just 1 year, took a team that was a mess the year before and still had some crucial injuries to the playoffs, then taking a very good Celtics team to 7 games.

Rondo is harder to judge due to his surrounding cast IMO.

JordansBulls
It depends on who you are comparing him to?

theuuord
I know right?

When have we ever said Rose is better than Kobe or Lebron?

the lyrics in your sig are wrong.

JNA17
09-30-2009, 05:41 PM

lol wow :pity:

I don't like most boston fans but this is the type of boston fan i hate the most. He makes a thread related to the rondo being overrated or not (and rondo is very highly overrated), in a childish manner.

But to answer the question, rose is actually a bit overrated yes, but he defiantly has a great future (much better then rondo), and he has been playing only 1 year on a team that did not make it to the playoffs the year before rose arrived, and now they did and almost beat the celtics.

And like i said before if anybody is more overrated, it's rondo and not even close. Only celtic fans like this guy think otherwise.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 05:41 PM

im trying to get 10 pg's that are better and i cant do it.

So far i have

Nash
CP3
Dwill
Parker
Billups
Calderon
harris

Hell id even say Rondo.

Then who? Kidd isnt better as he has lost a step. Baron and Gilbert havnt done anything in 2 years. Williams is good but Rose trumps him and he has LBJ with him.

So yes he is TOP 10 now.

PBG
09-30-2009, 05:47 PM
im trying to get 10 pg's that are better and i cant do it.

So far i have

Nash
CP3
Dwill
Parker
Billups
Calderon
harris

Hell id even say Rondo.

Then who? Kidd isnt better as he has lost a step. Baron and Gilbert havnt done anything in 2 years. Williams is good but Rose trumps him and he has LBJ with him.

So yes he is TOP 10 now.

have you been hittin the rock?

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
the lyrics in your sig are wrong.

I found it both ways online....Is it Jeezy then?

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:49 PM

No, I agree with him. whats wrong with it?

theuuord
I found it both ways online....Is it Jeezy then?

yup.

Super.
he's not great yet. he has the potential to. but he's not there yet

one game in the playoffs proves nothing. how many players can just "go off" during a game? Sure he's had a great start, but he's not quite yet top 5 PG. He'll get their eventually though

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:51 PM
he's not great yet. he has the potential to. but he's not there yet

one game in the playoffs proves nothing. how many players can just "go off" during a game? Sure he's had a great start, but he's not quite yet top 5 PG. He'll get their eventually though

It was the whole series, not one game.

Lakerfan In NY
Too early to tell...But as of right now..Nope? Not even a little bit overrated.

tbo41fan
yup.

OK, thanks

theuuord
09-30-2009, 05:53 PM

no, it wasn't.

outside of that first game (and i guess game 4) he actually had a pretty bad series.
he was nowhere to be found in any of the team's losses.

i would actually argue that game 3 of that series was the worst game that Rose has had in his young career.

PBG
09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
No, I agree with him. whats wrong with it?

kidd, davis and arenas are definitely better than rose.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 05:55 PM

Rose numbers were better than Williams ACROSS THE BOARD. Yes, Gilbert and Baron have done NOTHING the last 2 years.

And yes, kidd is not the player he use to be and i would take Rose now over Kidd now. Rose does EVERYTHING kidd does and he can actually score.

So no, the question is, have you been hitting the rock?

gee1
09-30-2009, 05:56 PM
D.rose is not over rated people hate on him cuz he not on they team if he was on one of yall team you would be on his d***

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 05:57 PM

Arenas, yes....kidd and davis, i dont think so, but thats just my opinion, and you have yours. Nothing negative, just disagree.

theuuord
09-30-2009, 05:58 PM
D.rose is not over rated people hate on him cuz he not on they team if he was on one of yall team you would be on his d***

welcome to PSD. you'll fit in here.

JNA17
09-30-2009, 05:59 PM

:laugh:

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 06:00 PM
no, it wasn't.

outside of that first game (and i guess game 4) he actually had a pretty bad series.
he was nowhere to be found in any of the team's losses.

i would actually argue that game 3 of that series was the worst game that Rose has had in his young career.

http://espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3456

he still averaged 19.7 pts and 6.4 assts for the whole series....I understand that those may be inflated from the big game, but he would still have to put up pretty good numbers to maintain an 19.7/6.4 avg.

gee1
09-30-2009, 06:02 PM
welcome to PSD. you'll fit in here.

yea thank u

theuuord
http://espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3456

he still averaged 19.7 pts and 6.4 assts for the whole series....I understand that those may be inflated from the big game, but he would still have to put up pretty good numbers to maintain an 19.7/6.4 avg.

he also averaged 5 turnovers per game, shot an empty .492 (no 3's, small amount of free throws for a slasher) and his defensive matchup almost averaged a triple double.

Look at his game-by-game. Every game the Bulls lost, Rose was a big reason.

ChitownbullsBG7

Ok so you tell me what Davis and Arenas have done in the last 2 seasons that make you think that they are better than Rose NOW.

Then go check out Kidd's and Rose's stats in the playoffs and then come back and tell me who stepped up in the most important time of the season.

HiphopRelated
I think his playmaking potential is overrated.

I haven't seen the vision necessary(College or rookie year) to be the 10+ assists guy some posters predict.

theuuord
yea thank u

it wasn't really a compliment. but welcome anyway.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:05 PM
he also averaged 5 turnovers per game, shot an empty .492 (no 3's, small amount of free throws for a slasher) and his defensive matchup almost averaged a triple double.

Look at his game-by-game. Every game the Bulls lost, Rose was a big reason.

Or it could be the fact that Salmons was playing injured or Ben Gordon shooting a bad percentage or maybe it was the fact that a guy like Big baby dominated TT and noah?

Our losing that series had VERY LITTLE to do with Rose. Also you cant stop a guy from racking up assist and rebounds. I mean it isnt his fault that noah was our only big rebounding.

gee1
09-30-2009, 06:06 PM
it wasn't really a compliment. but welcome anyway.

I didnt want it to be and i was jus sayin dat to say it but iight

HiphopRelated
09-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Or it could be the fact that Salmons was playing injured or Ben Gordon shooting a bad percentage or maybe it was the fact that a guy like Big baby dominated TT and noah?

Our losing that series had VERY LITTLE to do with Rose. Also you cant stop a guy from racking up assist and rebounds. I mean it isnt his fault that noah was our only big rebounding.

Rondo was the best Celtic that series...that's on Rose

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:09 PM
I think his playmaking potential is overrated.

I haven't seen the vision necessary(College or rookie year) to be the 10+ assists guy some posters predict.

Neither did Deron Williams but we all have seen how that turned out.

PBG
09-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Rose numbers were better than Williams ACROSS THE BOARD. Yes, Gilbert and Baron have done NOTHING the last 2 years.

And yes, kidd is not the player he use to be and i would take Rose now over Kidd now. Rose does EVERYTHING kidd does and he can actually score.

So no, the question is, have you been hitting the rock?

so this kid has 1 good year and 1 good playoff game and all the sudden hes a better than davis, kidd and arenas?

this is exactly why people think the kid is over rated. get off his nuts, give him a couple more years, then hop back on.

its called playing defense......

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Rondo was the best Celtic that series...that's on Rose

Rondo averaged 19 points and so did Rose. Assist and rebounds have little to do with Rose.

He cant stop someone from passing the ball to the open player. He cant tell Perkins and Big baby stop boxing out my guys so that PP and Rondo can come in for easy rebounds.

So like i said Rose had VERY LITTLE to do with us losing.

theuuord
09-30-2009, 06:16 PM

this is what I mean when I talk about delusional Bulls fans. You'll talk about the most minor of problems that occur with any player but Rose, but blind yourselves from every one of Rose's faults.
It's ridiculous.

It's called a) boxing out, and b) playing tight defense to restrict vision. Rose does neither.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=PBG;10962061]so this kid has 1 good year and 1 good playoff game and all the sudden hes a better than davis, kidd and arenas?

Thing is you are looking at Kidd, Arenas, and Davis's career as a whole. We are talking as of right Now! not what they were doing 2 or 3 years ago.

its called playing defense......

They both scored the same amount of points so neither defended well.

Also tell me what does defense have to do with passing? If he makes the pass he makes the pass it isnt rose's fault that the guy rondo is passing to is open.

Ebbs
09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
yes absolutely people are so hyped on this kid. You cant see a player forum with a listof the top ten players without someone *****ing about how rose isnt on it. People hes had one year holy cow give it a rest!

Dont get me wrong though the kids good but its way to early be comparing him to the elite!

theuuord
09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Rondo averaged 19 points and so did Rose.

The difference is that Rose is the first or second option on offense, while Rondo is normally the 3rd or 4th. The fact that Rondo tore Rose apart defensively the entire series while Rose had one great game, two good games, and a bunch of throwaway games does mean something.

Assist and rebounds have little to do with Rose.

wrong.

He cant stop someone from passing the ball to the open player.

He can clamp down on defense and restrict vision and passing lanes.

He cant tell Perkins and Big baby stop boxing out my guys so that PP and Rondo can come in for easy rebounds.

But he CAN box out Rondo.

Believe what you want. He had a great first game and a decent overall series. But had he played even just a little better in, say, game 2, that series would have been over in 6.

deuces
09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
rose is a nice player, no doubt, but he is overrated, people think that he is one of the best point guards in the league, when he is not. Bulls fans think he is god, but when he's in top 5 point guard, that's just stupid

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:23 PM
this is what I mean when I talk about delusional Bulls fans. You'll talk about the most minor of problems that occur with any player but Rose, but blind yourselves from every one of Rose's faults.
It's ridiculous.

It's called a) boxing out, and b) playing tight defense to restrict vision. Rose does neither.

No one is saying Rose is good at D. but by what your saying there is no good defensive pg in the league because Rose, Rondo, Kidd, CP3, and D-will Score, Rebound, and assist against EVERYONE. Also even if you double a guy you can stop him from making a pass.

Also no one is diminishing Rose's fault its just people like you want to make it all of rose's fault when it is a TEAM sport.

HiphopRelated
09-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Rondo averaged 19 points and so did Rose. Assist and rebounds have little to do with Rose.

He cant stop someone from passing the ball to the open player. He cant tell Perkins and Big baby stop boxing out my guys so that PP and Rondo can come in for easy rebounds.

How's it not Rose's fault if Rondo gets into the paint collapsing the defense then kicking out to Pierce, Allen, House etc.

Saying Rondo does that to everyone is one thing, saying it's not Rose's fault is another.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:25 PM
rose is a nice player, no doubt, but he is overrated, people think that he is one of the best point guards in the league, when he is not. Bulls fans think he is god, but when he's in top 5 point guard, that's just stupid

Im not sure ive seen any bull fans put rose in the top 5 of pg's.

I like how people throw things into an argument that arnt true. Hell im sure most Bulls fans no matter how much they hate Rondo will say that Rondo is better NOW. But as we all know that can all change.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:27 PM
How's it not Rose's fault if Rondo gets into the paint collapsing the defense then kicking out to Pierce, Allen, House etc.

Did you watch the series. Most of his assist came in the pick and roll and from Ray ray running off of screens.

Yes he drove and kicked but that wasnt where he was getting most of his assist.

Ray_R
09-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Too early to tell...But as of right now..Nope? Not even a little bit overrated.

i agree i dont really consider him top 5 in the league but iin the east he is top 3

how did this turn into rose vs rondo and i didnt know rose has so much haters

PBG
09-30-2009, 06:28 PM

rose steals in playoffs = 0.6
rondo steals in playoffs = 2.5

Ray_R
09-30-2009, 06:29 PM
ps save this thread well com back to this at the end of the season

AI4MVP
09-30-2009, 06:32 PM
i say yes untill he shows me someting hes overrated! and no im not a homer

i cant think of alot of other rookie point guards that have done more then derrick rose so tell me how the **** he is overrated? he lead his **** team to a playoff appearance and it took seven games for your boy rondo to beat derrick rose who you say is "overrated"

ChitownbullsBG7

Oh yes we all know steals show how good you defend. I mean Conley, Ellis, Calderon, and Ford were all in the top 10 in steals so i guess they are all great, great defenders.

theuuord
No one is saying Rose is good at D. but by what your saying there is no good defensive pg in the league because Rose, Rondo, Kidd, CP3, and D-will Score, Rebound, and assist against EVERYONE. Also even if you double a guy you can stop him from making a pass.

Rondo can't score on everyone. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
And if you're a great defender you can limit a player's successful passes.

Also no one is diminishing Rose's fault

you are.

its just people like you want to make it all of rose's fault when it is a TEAM sport.

Could you quote me where I said it was all Rose's fault?

DLeeicious
09-30-2009, 06:33 PM

Don't consider steals a measure of good defense come on man with that logic Iverson is an elite defender.

AI4MVP
09-30-2009, 06:36 PM
i only think hes overrated by bulls fans. hes not a top 3 point guard yet as bulls fans say. but hes better then rondo and maybe one day will be in the top 3. but hes one of the best rookie point guards in a while so how can u say hes overrated?

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:36 PM
i cant think of alot of other rookie point guards that have done more then derrick rose so tell me how the **** he is overrated? he lead his **** team to a playoff appearance and it took seven games for your boy rondo to beat derrick rose who you say is "overrated"

Thats all it is. People got mad because of the Rondo thread so they started this. Yet not one of the people have said a legitimate reason of how rose is over rated. Hell, Rose gets bashed in the Bulls forum for his lack of D and inconsistent shooting.

No one has said he was a top 5 pg(top 10 yes, top 5 he is no where near).

They just mad because EVERYBODY said Rondo was overrated, which he is.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:37 PM
i only think hes overrated by bulls fans. hes not a top 3 point guard yet as bulls fans say. but hes better then rondo and maybe one day will be in the top 3. but hes one of the best rookie point guards in a while so how can u say hes overrated?

Show me where someone has said Rose was top 3 or 5 among all pg's.

I beg of you.

AI4MVP
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
with what rose did last year, if he improves at the regular rate of how much a rookie point guard improves over time, hell be an mvp candidate in a couple of years.

remeber the kid is as old as a sophmore in college

sports4life1989
09-30-2009, 06:40 PM
What more can you ask from a rookie point guard. Teams would love to get a rookie point guard to take them to the playoffs and play very well. Overrated no I dont think so maybe by some. Underrated also by some.

JWO35
09-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes, I think he's overrated...like many other young players(Rondo)

PBG
09-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh yes we all know steals show how good you defend. I mean Conley, Ellis, Calderon, and Ford were all in the top 10 in steals so i guess they are all great, great defenders.

never said rondo was a great defender, just better than rose....

Don't consider steals a measure of good defense come on man with that logic Iverson is an elite defender.

in not saying anyone is an elite defender, like i said to your buddy, rondos just a better defender than rose.

get over it guys. rondo plays better defense.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:44 PM
never said rondo was a great defender, just better than rose....

in not saying anyone is an elite defender, like i said to your buddy, rondos just a better defender than rose.

get over it guys. rondo plays better defense.

Wait when did anyone say Rose was a better defender?

Yea im done with you after that. No one said Rose was a better defender than Rondo yet your trying to argue that out of nowhere.

You might need glasses.

abe_froman
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
with what rose did last year, if he improves at the regular rate of how much a rookie point guard improves over time, hell be an mvp candidate in a couple of years.

remeber the kid is as old as a sophmore in college

yes but there's many on this site who act as if there are no such things as progression from rook to vet(ceilings,potential,ect.)yet we can look at the stats of every player in the history of the league and it shows that there is.but yet he's somehow exempt from it??

is he has good as good vets,no.does this mean he wont be? again,no.but when looking at players so young(in terms of seasoning),you have to keep it in mind.

now i agree he's overrated by many bulls fans,but he also tends to get less than he deserves(probably as the backlash against that)

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
WOW ARE YOU SERIOUSLY, SOMETIMES THE SPORTS WORLD IS AS FAKE AS HOLLYWOOD. lol

if ROSE WAS A LAKER OR A CELTIC PEOPLE WOULD BE ALL ON HIS JOCK. but because he's a bull he's overrated, nobody EVER gives chicago sports their due.

these are the same people that say kobe is better than jordan. these are the same people that say cutler will fail with the bears and that the bears and culter are overrated. didnt rose bust 36 on boston in his first playoff game, and rondo is monster on D.

for those that think rose is overrated, rose would destroy your teams PGs and have them on the wrong side of a poster. killer crossover, sick athletic, ridiculous speed and is only 20-21yrs old. he can only go up in his career as long as he stays healthy. he shows flashes of tenasity on D when he scrapes players shots off the backboard, ask andre miller and barbosa what sup when it comes to rose.

i didnt like rose much when we picked him over beasley cuz i felt we needed a big man and beasely had sick numbers. but when i seen rose's highlight tape on youtube, and then seen his first few gms, i became a fan. he killed it in the skills comp. at the all-star game and it was some of the top guards in the contest, rose shined above them all.

just wait till this season, and boy will y'all s**t your pants if dwade came through next year. i saw a post about the best guard combo, if we have wade and rose in 2010, that will be the best combo hands down. rose and gordon was killer in the playoffs.

16-17points for rose and 20-21ppg for gordon, thats 36-38ppg from the backcourt, very productive.

PBG
09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Wait when did anyone say Rose was a better defender?

you never said rose was a better defender,and i never said you did. but then again you put rose and rondo in the same league of defending with saying this.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:54 PM
you never said rose was a better defender,and i never said you did. but then again you put rose and rondo in the same league of defending with saying this.

Really, are you that dense? I said neither defended each other well. How in the hell does that mean i said Rose and Rondo are on the same level defensively?

You need to go back to school and quick.

cmellofan15
09-30-2009, 07:00 PM
WOW ARE YOU SERIOUSLY, SOMETIMES THE SPORTS WORLD IS AS FAKE AS HOLLYWOOD. lol

if ROSE WAS A LAKER OR A CELTIC PEOPLE WOULD BE ALL ON HIS JOCK. but because he's a bull he's overrated, nobody EVER gives chicago sports their due.

these are the same people that say kobe is better than jordan. these are the same people that say cutler will fail with the bears and that the bears and culter are overrated. didnt rose bust 36 on boston in his first playoff game, and rondo is monster on D.

for those that think rose is overrated, rose would destroy your teams PGs and have them on the wrong side of a poster. killer crossover, sick athletic, ridiculous speed and is only 20-21yrs old. he can only go up in his career as long as he stays healthy. he shows flashes of tenasity on D when he scrapes players shots off the backboard, ask andre miller and barbosa what sup when it comes to rose.

i didnt like rose much when we picked him over beasley cuz i felt we needed a big man and beasely had sick numbers. but when i seen rose's highlight tape on youtube, and then seen his first few gms, i became a fan. he killed it in the skills comp. at the all-star game and it was some of the top guards in the contest, rose shined above them all.

just wait till this season, and boy will y'all s**t your pants if dwade came through next year. i saw a post about the best guard combo, if we have wade and rose in 2010, that will be the best combo hands down. rose and gordon was killer in the playoffs.

16-17points for rose and 20-21ppg for gordon, thats 36-38ppg from the backcourt, very productive.

:laugh: are you serious? you're a Bulls fan and I have to be the first person to tell you that Gordon has been on the Piston's for almost 3 months!

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 07:04 PM
:laugh: are you serious? you're a Bulls fan and I have to be the first person to tell you that Gordon has been on the Piston's for almost 3 months!

:facepalm: We are talking about this past season sir.

Ovratd1up
09-30-2009, 07:06 PM
There are so little people that overate Rose, while the grand majority give him a pretty fair estimate. On the Bull's forum people slightly overrate Rose (saying eventually he will be a top 5 player in the league, even top 3, an MVP, and being better than CP3; while these are possible with his potential, they are not likely and a bit homerish) but that is to be expected by really any team forum of their own player. But no one has ever said he is better than Kobe or Lebron (or Wade, even Durant or Blount, among others).

But people who claim he is overrated, saying you can't base predictions off potential alone, their arguments are weak because Derrick has already proved so much, and you'd be hard pressed to find other players who have done so much their by their rookie seasons, and then weren't stars. Some say he's talented but he's too score-first, and too dumb, and he will just be another Marbury/Francis. But if you knew more about him you would know how much of a team-first, humble, selfless guy that truly just wants to win. And isn't the most booksmart guy, which is a shame, but it's good that he chose a career where your test scores don't matter as much of your knowledge on the court, and he has a very good Basketball IQ.

To the guys arguing about the playoffs (uuord, ChitownBulls?)
I don't like when writers and TV people say great things about Derrick Rose but then base it only off of the playoffs, because a) then you could justify Rondo's ratedness and b) he did very poor in the team's losses and averaged 5 turnovers. However, is it necessarily a negative thing for Rose if every time he did poorly his team lost?
These are his stats in the losses:

12.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 7.5 apg

and in the wins:

29 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 9 apg

Can't it be said that the rest of his team was poor, relied on his being great to win, and if Rose didn't show up they would have been swept? On a side note, Rose did box out, even though it is not what is expected of a point guard to do.

But the playoff performance doesn't even matter as much if you actually saw Derrick during the season, and anyone who has seen stars before know that Rose will soon be one of them. The rest of the accolades are debatable, but he is not being overrated if people are saying he will be a star. Even a superstar. But no one is saying Lebron.

PBG
09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
You need to go back to school and quick.

wow! good thing you said something. i have to be to class in 10 mins. thanks for the reminder, and im being serious when i say thanks.

good arguing with yous :up:

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 07:11 PM

are you that desperate to make fun of somebody.:facepalm:
i been knew that gordon left and made comments on this site about how i felt it was stupid to not sign. i didnt say they (gordon/rose) will be a sick court, i said they were a sick backcourt. you might want to read closely at someones comments before trying to poke fun at some. thanks for the guy below, i believe you had my back on that one.

i noticed you had a pick of dwight, but made a comment about the pistons, so you are either a piston or magics fan. rose would kill nelson and stucky.

you must have voted that he is overrated, :rolleyes:, whoever you team is rose would kill your PG.

oh and you will never catch me slipping when it comes to the NBA or NFL, i'm on point when it comes to knowing my sports. I'm making that understood.

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 07:17 PM

lol, nuggets fan huh?

ok, billups is nice but rose could get off on him too cuz billups D couldnt slow rose down, he's too fast, but billups is very good offensively too, it would be a good match up. but seriously your cheap shot fell flat fo'real. :cool: you wasnt skool'n me with the ben gordon thing, trust.

cmellofan15
09-30-2009, 07:24 PM
are you that desperate to make fun of somebody.:facepalm:
i been knew that gordon left and made comments on this site about how i felt it was stupid to not sign. i didnt say they (gordon/rose) will be a sick court, i said they were a sick backcourt. you might want to read closely at someones comments before trying to poke fun at some. thanks for the guy below, i believe you had my back on that one.

i noticed you had a pick of dwight, but made a comment about the pistons, so you are either a piston or magics fan. rose would kill nelson and stucky.

you must have voted that he is overrated, :rolleyes:, whoever you team is rose would kill your PG.

oh and you will never catch me slipping when it comes to the NBA or NFL, i'm on point when it comes to knowing my sports. I'm making that understood.

Well if you could simply read my user name you could see that I'm a Nuggets fan. And there is no way in hell Derrick Rose is on Chauncey Billups' level. Billups is a top 3 PG in the league, and was the best PG in the Playoffs last season (the most recent evidence we have). So don't ever state that Rose would kill the PG on my favorite team when he can't hold a candle to him. He's not even better than Jameer Nelson for that matter. But it's okay. I can understand homerism, I almost caught myself calling Billups the best PG in the league, but I didn't want make a fool of myself (something you don't mind doing).

cmellofan15
09-30-2009, 07:25 PM
By the way, I haven't voted yet, but you made it pretty clear for me.

SoCalKid
09-30-2009, 07:26 PM
How can you say he is overrated when he is barely rated!?!? PG's all better than Rose in no specific order....

Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Rondo, J Kidd (yes even now), D Williams, Jameer Nelson, Steve Nash, Devin Harris, Billups, Monta Ellis, Mo Williams, Baron Davis (career versus last year), Mike Bibby, Gilbert Arenas (when healthy), And I could argue a few more guys like Andre Miller, Nate Robinson, Sessions, Calderon, even a Felton who broke out last year.

Now athletically he is number 1, no one touches him... but being a PG is so much more than that! Rose makes horrible decisions, has NOOO jumper, does not make the game easier for his teammates, and for being a slasher primarily he doesn't get a ton of assists like a Nash or CP3! So there is 12 for sure better than him and maybe more like 13-14 better. That puts him in the lower half of starting point guards as a number 1 pick!

SoCalKid
09-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow Billups top 3... I would have to say CP3, Tony Parker, D Will or Nash... Billups maybe top 5

Stunner
09-30-2009, 07:30 PM
but he never beat lebron or kobe

Derrick rose and the bulls did beat Lebron in chicago on a thursday night on TNT when Delonte West broke his wrist. And Derrick Rose and da bulls came close 2 beating Kobe and da Lakers get your facts straight. I think hes overated now but in a few years your going 2 see y people were so hyped up in da first place.

gee1
09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
im tired of dis rondo is better then rose when clearly rose is better rondo is on a team with three of the best players in da game put rose on da celtics see what happens den. He will put better number up

MrFastBreak
09-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I loved Derrick Rose's performance in his rookie year. But I think hes slightly overrated, only because people say he'll be GREAT after seeing his first year in the league. He could easily turn out like Marbury.

heattiltheend94
09-30-2009, 07:37 PM
yes, but he does have potential regarless

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 07:40 PM
How can you say he is overrated when he is barely rated!?!? PG's all better than Rose in no specific order....

Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Rondo, J Kidd (yes even now), D Williams, Jameer Nelson, Steve Nash, Devin Harris, Billups, Monta Ellis, Mo Williams, Baron Davis (career versus last year), Mike Bibby, Gilbert Arenas (when healthy), And I could argue a few more guys like Andre Miller, Nate Robinson, Sessions, Calderon, even a Felton who broke out last year.

Now athletically he is number 1, no one touches him... but being a PG is so much more than that! Rose makes horrible decisions, has NOOO jumper, does not make the game easier for his teammates, and for being a slasher primarily he doesn't get a ton of assists like a Nash or CP3! So there is 12 for sure better than him and maybe more like 13-14 better. That puts him in the lower half of starting point guards as a number 1 pick!

After seeing you say you can argue that those bolded people ar better, i surely can not take you seriously.

_KB24_
09-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Don't know about the extent of the hype here on PSD, but Rose is going to be a great, great player in the years to come. IMO, he is already a Top Tier PG and he will probably squeak into the Top 5 next year, if he already hasn't. The biggest thing of all, he proved himself in the playoffs that he can be depended on, and isn't just hype.

MrFastBreak
09-30-2009, 07:51 PM
yes, but he does have potential regarless

Yeah, he definitely has the potential. But that doesnt mean he'll live up to it.

cmellofan15
09-30-2009, 08:06 PM
lol, nuggets fan huh?

ok, billups is nice but rose could get off on him too cuz billups D couldnt slow rose down, he's too fast, but billups is very good offensively too, it would be a good match up. but seriously your cheap shot fell flat fo'real. :cool: you wasnt skool'n me with the ben gordon thing, trust.

Sorry but speed isn't everything. Billups and Dahntay Jones locked up the best point guard in the league and you think that Derrick Rose would be a challenge? And if your argument is that Rose's speed would kill Billups than you're mistaken, that's like saying Billups can't stick TJ Ford. Billups has alot more to offer than just speed, he has a great basketball IQ, a smooth jumpshot, and can even get to the basket when necessary. He's also a leader, and until Rose becomes one of those he won't crack the top 5.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry but speed isn't everything. Billups and Dahntay Jones locked up the best point guard in the league and you think that Derrick Rose would be a challenge? And if your argument is that Rose's speed would kill Billups than you're mistaken, that's like saying Billups can't stick TJ Ford. Billups has alot more to offer than just speed, he has a great basketball IQ, a smooth jumpshot, and can even get to the basket when necessary. He's also a leader, and until Rose becomes one of those he won't crack the top 5.

HAHA he was a leader this year in his rookie year. Where i agree that he has nothing on billups he is most definately a leader.

zambo4president
09-30-2009, 08:13 PM

He is Christ if there ever was one.

cmellofan15
09-30-2009, 08:16 PM
HAHA he was a leader this year in his rookie year. Where i agree that he has nothing on billups he is most definately a leader.

instead of arguing, may I ask you for your definition of a leader on the court?

Super.
09-30-2009, 08:21 PM

Care to tell me who had the better series? Rose had ONE great game. Rondo nearly (.5 rebounds off) averaged a TRIPLE DOUBLE.

Rose will be a top 3 PG one day. At this moment in time? HELL NO

camador22
09-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Bulls fans are treating him as the next Lebron or Wade. He certainly has a ton of talent but he hasnt made the Bulls a winning team. They were lucky the the lower seeds in the East were one of the worst in NBA history. Those lower teams like Toronto and Washington have gotten better so we'll see if Rose could live up to the hype. He's proven nothing more then hes a solid player with flashes of someone who could be great. Will he be Rod Strickland or a Chris Paul is yet to be seen.

HiphopRelated
09-30-2009, 08:31 PM
im tired of dis rondo is better then rose when clearly rose is better rondo is on a team with three of the best players in da game put rose on da celtics see what happens den. He will put better number up
Rondo's numbers increase when one of the big 3 is out to compensate...no reason he wouldn't beast on an inferior team. Individual numbers rarely increase on a more talented team

gee1
09-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Rondo's numbers increase when one of the big 3 is out to compensate...no reason he wouldn't beast on an inferior team. Individual numbers rarely increase on a more talented team

Look check dis you on a team with three all stars the floor is goin to open up and with rondo speed he can take it to the whole every time and if they try a double he pass it out. D.rose is the best player on the bulls he gets gameplanned against still put up good number they even double him sumtime

tbo41fan
09-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Bulls fans are treating him as the next Lebron or Wade. He certainly has a ton of talent but he hasnt made the Bulls a winning team. They were lucky the the lower seeds in the East were one of the worst in NBA history. Those lower teams like Toronto and Washington have gotten better so we'll see if Rose could live up to the hype. He's proven nothing more then hes a solid player with flashes of someone who could be great. Will he be Rod Strickland or a Chris Paul is yet to be seen.

Ok, you're like the 10th person who has said this and it's completely false! Not one person has said he is or will be better than Kobe, Lebron, or Wade...get your facts straight before coming on here and accusing us fans of doing something! WE NEVER SAID HE WILL BE BETTER THAN KOBE, LEBRON, or WADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that clear?

MackSnackWrap
09-30-2009, 08:55 PM
No way, id say Rondos a young pg thats way to overated

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM

i make a fool of myself huh, did i not just give respect to your PG, i like billups,ever since he did his thing in detroit, where he won a ring.

on that note, rose is sicker than nelson, definately homerish to say he's not. nelson had a break out season that he got hurt in. he's a spot up shooter that has taken avantage of being SURROUNDED BY TALENT, especially with howard. name the starting 5 in chi-town.... again, nelson has hype around him cuz of the team he's on, one on one he cant fade rose, trust. nelson is small in height but is stout, not as quick, doesnt really drop dimes, he's more fisher like for his team minus the defense. :cool:

if you wanna go to war, lets go. i will counter anything you have to say without being homerish.

SoCalKid
09-30-2009, 09:26 PM
After seeing you say you can argue that those bolded people ar better, i surely can not take you seriously.

Derrick Rose- 16.8ppg 6.3 apg 22% 3pt
Monta Ellis- 19.0 ppg 4.2 apg 31% 3pt
Raymond Felton- 14.2ppg 6.7 apg 29% 3pt
Andre Miller- 16.3 ppg 6.5 apg 29% 3pt
Mike Bibby- 14.9 ppg 5.0 apg 39% 3pt
Nate Robinson- 17.2 ppg 4.4 apg 33% 3pt

So why can these guys not even be mentioned with Derrick Rose??? Numbers dont lie!!!

nitric
09-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Very ironic coming from a Celtics fan. Rondo is the one who's mad overrated

D Roses Bulls
09-30-2009, 09:29 PM

i believe he did show you in game 1 with 36, 7, 8. or game 4 with 26 points. is he gonna have to put up 40 on you guys now to show you hes pretty damn good for being in the league for only a year. arnt you the guy that started this dumb thread cause someone said rondo was overrated?

CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!! this is pointless and is just here to start a bunch of arguments like the damn dwight howard and brook lopez thread

_KB24_
09-30-2009, 09:30 PM
^^ :clap:

SoCalKid
09-30-2009, 09:31 PM

That comment holds no water seeing as how when KG went out all Rondo did was AVERAGE A TRIPLE DOUBLE FOR AN ENTIRE PLAYOFF SERIES!!! DUMMY

BHF
09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Yes!

LayZbone
09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Not really. Maybe a little by Bulls fans, but that's natural.

mrblisterdundee
09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Chicago has a pretty crappy front court, which means more defensive attention on the back court. Despite that, Derrick Rose still took the Celtics to the limit. That's without even mentioning that he's a rookie point guard who put his lackluster team in the playoffs. No; a rookie of the year who plays like a veteran is not overrated.

AI4MVP
09-30-2009, 10:06 PM
dude. get it in your heads. rose is not overrated. if anything he is underrated. but not overrated. hes just right. the only person thats overrated is rondo. i cant explain how completely average he is.

Rocktober2009
09-30-2009, 10:09 PM
No..

Honestly?
stupid..stupid question

Bulls_fan90
09-30-2009, 10:22 PM

On topic, no Rose is not overrated. He won rookie of the year in one of the best draft classes ever seen. He then led his team to the playoffs where he took the defending champs to 7 games and also equaled the points record in a debut playoff game for a rookie.

He achieved more than lebron did in his rookie year.....enough said.

zambo4president
09-30-2009, 10:27 PM
But aside from Rose being a messiah. He isn't overrated at all. He had an amazing rookie season. If the Bulls didn't have Rose we would be so beyond ****ed. Ask Boston if Rose is
legit.

_KB24_
09-30-2009, 10:34 PM
dude. get it in your heads. rose is not overrated. if anything he is underrated. but not overrated. hes just right. the only person thats overrated is rondo. i cant explain how completely average he is.

Agreed with you until I read this. How does a guy who averaged a ****ING TRIPLE DOUBLE IN THE PLAYOFFS be average?

gee1
09-30-2009, 10:35 PM
That comment holds no water seeing as how when KG went out all Rondo did was AVERAGE A TRIPLE DOUBLE FOR AN ENTIRE PLAYOFF SERIES!!! DUMMY

u da dummy sayn rondo better then rose rondo is the one over rated kg goes down which leaves ray allen and paul pierce then big baby steps up and put up good numbers!!!! put rose on the celtics i bet he kills and put rondo on a different team and he is the 1st or 2nd option he does nuthin. The man is only good for speed and defense and barely that he a hack

NYY NYJ NYK
09-30-2009, 10:39 PM
No..

Honestly?
stupid..stupid question

:nod:

Toenail Clipper
09-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Users in this forum lately has been seeing him as God basically.

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Chicago has a pretty crappy front court, which means more defensive attention on the back court. Despite that, Derrick Rose still took the Celtics to the limit. That's without even mentioning that he's a rookie point guard who put his lackluster team in the playoffs. No; a rookie of the year who plays like a veteran is not overrated.

well said, by the way i take it you're blazers fan, think y'all got squad and should win 60gms this yr. rose did embarrass miller though but he will help your team out.

theuuord
09-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Users in this forum lately has been seeing him as God basically.

mostly just bulls fans. but yes.

what54!?
09-30-2009, 11:10 PM
at this point yes.

toovey107
09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
u da dummy sayn rondo better then rose rondo is the one over rated kg goes down which leaves ray allen and paul pierce then big baby steps up and put up good numbers!!!! put rose on the celtics i bet he kills and put rondo on a different team and he is the 1st or 2nd option he does nuthin. The man is only good for speed and defense and barely that he a hack
Can I get a translation ?

anyone ?

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 11:24 PM
i dont know what other bulls fans have been saying but i have an idea. for those people they probably just watch bulls games, a lot of fans are like that about their teams and players.

for me i'm a sports fan, no one (meaning espn, nba tv, SI) has put rose up there with kobe, wade, chris paul, etc. so to me he's not overrated. he was rookie of the year hands down, mayo played well and was a better scorer but rose did everything else including taking a subpar team to the playoffs, and dropped 36 in his first playoff gm in boston's house.

to me i dont think i'm sayin to much when i say he could put up numbers like devin harris, tony parker, steve francis in his prime, barron and marbury if rose gets his outside gm better and has talent around him to drop dimes like that. no i dont see him being like chris paul or dwill yet, but if you look at rose's rookie numbers and then look at dwill's and pauls, rose has a the better rookie season than dwill and is in the neighbor hood with paul.

rose would probably be more of a scoring PG than one that drop dimes (avg 10+ apg) but he can do if the talent is there, but with or with out being surrounded by talent he could have a season like this 20-25ppg, 7-9ast, 4-6rpg, and 1.5stl
dont let the 25ppg jump out at you, notice i used a range, probably more like 22.5ppg to be more exact thats what parker and harris did and even they didnt have the rookie season rose did.

bodupp311
09-30-2009, 11:25 PM
It's ridiculous.

hey genius, HE WAS A DAMN ROOKIE! sorry he's not perfect

bodupp311
09-30-2009, 11:30 PM

So why can these guys not even be mentioned with Derrick Rose??? Numbers dont lie!!!

IF those aren't their rookie numbers then please shut up

BkOriginalOne
09-30-2009, 11:34 PM
He is a sophmore, its hard to call him overrated. He certainly ahead of the number 2 pick, Beasley.

SteveNash
09-30-2009, 11:36 PM
IF those aren't their rookie numbers then please shut up

Westbrook 15.8 PPG 5.3 APG 27% 3pt

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 11:36 PM
instead of arguing, may I ask you for your definition of a leader on the court?

just to let you know, if you hadnt try to poke fun about you assuming i didnt know what was up with the ben gordon situation, we would have nothing to argue about. i have nothing against billups like i said before.

i will say this, billups didnt get of to as quick of a start as rose did, it took a while for him to finally settle with a team and develop into the PG he is today.

also if you look at rose numbers and billups numbers through out the better yrs in his career, that are very similar in terms of ppg,apg, rpg, and stl.

the one thing that i cant and am not even trying to take away from billups is how clutch he is in big games, plus his jumper is way better than rose, and billups is battle tested.

but in regular game seasons, rose can give billups a run for his money, neither one could stop each other and you have to agree.

billups could eat rose up beyond the arc especially if the nuggets throw him a couple of screens, also cuz billups is wider he could back rose down in the post on isolated situations.

but on the flip side rose is way to quick with ball and attacks the basket with much force for a PG plus youth is on his side and billups doesnt have the quickness to keep rose from finding lanes to the basket in one on one situations, he would definately need someone to pick him up on D to keep him out the paint or from finding quick shots inside the perimeter.

on rose definately has a big upside, i dont see him leveling out with what he did this season.

and i do see the nuggets still being contenders in the west with billups at point. hopefully we can find common ground with this topic.

i have some other comments i posted up reguarding rose that i felt were on point so i wont bother typing them again on this message(post).

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 11:39 PM
russell westbrook is another sick player too that has similar athletism to rose, he's a sick finisher. should be in this yrs dunk contest.

theuuord
09-30-2009, 11:41 PM
but in regular game seasons, rose can give billups a run for his money, neither one could stop each other and you have to agree.

Billups actually outplayed Rose pretty handily in their two h2h games this season:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=billuch01&p2=rosede01

Vinny642
09-30-2009, 11:52 PM
I seen him at his peak maybe higher the DWill but I dont think so.

TheWaterboy
10-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Considering it usually takes PG's 3 years to become good, and that we are comparing him to Top Point Guards in the league at age 21, No he is not Over-Rated. He is "Rated" as a up and coming top point guard in the league. And after what he did last season, I don't see how he can be over-rated.

King P
10-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Rose is more overhyped than overrated. There's a difference

Bulls_fan90
10-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Can I get a translation ?

anyone ?

Rose > Rondo

Raph12
10-01-2009, 01:37 AM

By Bulls fans yes, everyone else no.

Funny a Boston fan would start a thread like this, especially with a couple of threads going on about Rondo being overrated, not accusing, just pointing out the obvious.

bigsams50
10-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Rose is more overhyped than overrated. There's a difference

i can agree with that, overhyped not overrated

xxxplicit69
10-01-2009, 01:49 AM
i can agree with that, overhyped not overrated

i'm not sure if you are a bobcats fan but i think they could have a surprizingly good team this year, maybe a chance to compete for an 8th seed, they should have kept jrich though.

abe_froman
10-01-2009, 02:08 AM
i'm not sure if you are a bobcats fan but i think they could have a surprizingly good team this year, maybe a chance to compete for an 8th seed, they should have kept jrich though.

no,the reason for the surge and what they are building off of was because of the trade

bigsams50
10-01-2009, 02:30 AM

yea i am lol,Bell and Diaw help more on the defensive end, thats what our strengths are, even though it was fun to watch j-rich and crash play together

Vincent
10-01-2009, 03:40 AM
Derrick Rose was pretty much under the radar throughout there year outside of Chicago. I have a gut feeling that a lot of the posters are basing a lot of their opinions on the Boston/Chicago series, which is one of the greatest series with the greatest performances by BOTH the starting PGs.

That's not fair. Derrick Rose had a great rookie season as a whole. NO ONE picked him to be rookie of the year at the beginning of the season (outside of Chicago fans). He led in the rookie rankings throughout the season (neck and neck with Mayo until after the All-Star break).

He single handily beat Utah, Golden State, and Philly on that dreaded Circus trip, leading the Bulls to their first non-sub.500 record during that trip.

He revived a franchise after an embarrassing 2007 season, even though he had ALL the pressure as a hometown kid.

He had to beat out incumbent PG Kirk Hinrich (who would be a starter on a lot of teams), and had a constant timeshare with him after he recovered from injury.

Despite playing over 38 minutes per game as rookie, he still played 81 games (starting 80).

The cards were stacked against him. Yet, he succeeded anyways. So whatever. Hate on him. He's got the work ethic to get better and better.

Vincent
10-01-2009, 03:53 AM

You're missing a few stats
Monta Ellis -45% FGpt - 4 years in the league
Raymond Felton - 40.8% FGpt - 4 years in the league
Andre Miller - 47.3% FGpt - 11 years in the league - Playoff appearance
Mike Bibby - 43.5% FGpt - 12 years in the league - Playoff appearance
Nate Robinson - 43.7% FGpt - 4 years in the league
Derrick Rose - 47.5% FGpt - Playoff appearance

Yeah, numbers don't lie

Vincent
10-01-2009, 03:54 AM

If you want to be taken serious, spell his name right on the poll question

Ansy
10-01-2009, 04:40 AM
He's clearly overrated when people say that they'd prefer him over Brandon Roy, or that he'll develop into the best point guard in a league that has CP3 in it. Then again, it's not like this sort of hype is exclusive to Rose. Some people say Durant will be better than LeBron.

It's always been this way, though. I remember when Iverson and Vince Carter were the second comings of Jordan. Young players get overrated. They always will.

HiphopRelated
10-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Considering it usually takes PG's 3 years to become good, and that we are comparing him to Top Point Guards in the league at age 21, No he is not Over-Rated.

why do you think the thread was made? Maybe because some Bulls fans are comparing him to the top pgs in the league?

TheDiggler
10-01-2009, 08:07 AM

This !

Chicagofaithful
10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
i look at this hes done nothing! and yet the bulls fans thinks hes better than kobe! give me a break all you bulls fans are jokes untill he beats Lebron or kobe hes very overrated

thats an exaggeration... Bulls fans just think he's better than Rondo lol

beerman28
10-01-2009, 09:09 AM
I have never met any bulls fan that thinks he is better than kobe.. hes a top 5 point guard hes only getting better too.. you know whos overrated try that little misquito rondo.. most overrated is paul pierce that guy is not an elite player he thinks he is.. that guy overrates himself and thinks hes the best.. he sucks.. and garnett's a tool.. you might as well put my name on your haters list.. your intentions were obviously to bait i think we should make a is boston overrated thread see how that turns out..

beerman28
10-01-2009, 09:13 AM
is craigthesoxfan is an idiot?? vote now

HiphopRelated
10-01-2009, 09:20 AM
I have never met any bulls fan that thinks he is better than kobe.. hes a top 5 point guard hes only getting better too.. you know whos overrated try that little misquito rondo.. most overrated is paul pierce that guy is not an elite player he thinks he is.. that guy overrates himself and thinks hes the best.. he sucks.. and garnett's a tool.. you might as well put my name on your haters list.. your intentions were obviously to bait i think we should make a is boston overrated thread see how that turns out..

:facepalm:

/thread

kendawg73
10-01-2009, 09:23 AM
I think it is to early to make this decision. He has only played one year...which his team made the playoffs. Rose had some great games and some horrible ones. Give him 2 more years then ask this question. For people criticizing his defense...that's always the hardest thing to learn and get a grasp on. If you notice most of your great defenders have been in the league for some time. One thing we know is he is quick, fast, strong and can get to the hole and can score. Just give him more time and surround him with better talent. With all the talent around "king James" and he hasn't won a championship...now that's overrated!!!!!!!!!

The ChILL
10-01-2009, 09:29 AM
This thread should have never reached 12 pages. Instead of hating on all of the young talent in the league we should embrace it. The future is bright. Are a few players overrated by their hometown fans? Absolutely and I have no problem with that. You should be compassionate about your teams. If you weren't you wouldn't sign in everyday...

nitric
10-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Derrick Rose was pretty much under the radar throughout there year outside of Chicago. I have a gut feeling that a lot of the posters are basing a lot of their opinions on the Boston/Chicago series, which is one of the greatest series with the greatest performances by BOTH the starting PGs.

That's not fair. Derrick Rose had a great rookie season as a whole. NO ONE picked him to be rookie of the year at the beginning of the season (outside of Chicago fans). He led in the rookie rankings throughout the season (neck and neck with Mayo until after the All-Star break).

He single handily beat Utah, Golden State, and Philly on that dreaded Circus trip, leading the Bulls to their first non-sub.500 record during that trip.

He revived a franchise after an embarrassing 2007 season, even though he had ALL the pressure as a hometown kid.

He had to beat out incumbent PG Kirk Hinrich (who would be a starter on a lot of teams), and had a constant timeshare with him after he recovered from injury.

Despite playing over 38 minutes per game as rookie, he still played 81 games (starting 80).

The cards were stacked against him. Yet, he succeeded anyways. So whatever. Hate on him. He's got the work ethic to get better and better.
:clap:

/thread

3lm0
10-01-2009, 11:00 AM
overrated is such a stron word.......i would say...."unmature"

bbcmillionaire
10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
well, us bulls fans are looking at potential, and he's possibly the best talent since mike and pipp. We might overrate rose because soo many people under-rate him. And who ever said rose was better then bryant or lebron? thats plain stupid, i would say rose is probably top 20 and thats PROBABLY.

nitric
10-01-2009, 11:23 AM
overrated is such a stron word.......i would say...."unmature"

That's not even a word.

BoratSagdiyev
10-01-2009, 11:24 AM
If he were drafted #7 overall then yes he is overrated. Rose was drafted #1 overall...you have to expect this kind of hype for a number one overall pick.

nitric
10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
If he were drafted #7 overall then yes he is overrated. Rose was drafted #1 overall...you have to expect this kind of hype for a number one overall pick.

As a #1 draft pick he wasn't even in Top 5 for ROY in the preseason. He wasn't suppose to have the season that he had, was projected at a 12/5 season with an average FG%. He's surpassed everyones expectations IMO, unless of course you had unreal expectations out of a rookie :D

bbcmillionaire
10-01-2009, 11:31 AM
As a #1 draft pick he wasn't even in Top 5 for ROY in the preseason. He wasn't suppose to have the season that he had, was projected at a 12/5 season with an average FG%. He's surpassed everyones expectations IMO, unless of course you had unreal expectations out of a rookie :D

i did lol GO BULLS:D

ChiMaverick
10-01-2009, 12:37 PM
So what Rondo averaged a triple-double in the playoffs, don't you remember that Danny Ainge wanted to trade him and Ray "Jesus Shuttlesworth" Allen to Detroit for Rip Hamilton & Rodney Stuckey? If you had a PG that averaged a Triple-double in the playoffs would you try to trade him? I wonder why they wanted to trade him? Maybe because not even the Boston Celtic Brass think that Rondo is the truth so they wanted to sell high. Looking at it from the Pistons perspective, why wouldn't they trade for Rondo if he's an "elite" PG that averages a triple-double in the playoffs? What you Boston fans fail to understand is that there are 5 players on each side, you guys (in the playoffs) have Paul Pierce, Ray Allen & Glen Davis dominating inside, the Bulls were double teaming those 3 players leaving Rondo open to do whatever he wants, it doesn't take a great PG to make open shots. Assists are contingent on the player the PG passes it too makes the shot. Rose can pass it all day if he wants, let's say 25 times, but if his teammate misses 20 of those shots how many assists does Rose have? Stats should not indicate how good a player is cuz not all situations are equal. Clearly playing on the Celtics has benefited Rondo greatly.

This is how Rondo plays defense;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMCxoE0o4hY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRxZ-6DYJgU

Now to answer your question, is Derrick Rose overrated, it depends where he is ranked on ESPN or CBSsportsline

Bigbully
10-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Overall? A little. As far as offensively he might even be a tad bit underrated. All you hear about is his driving game when he has an "above average" midrange game, court vision, and handle. There were plenty times last year where the bulls were looking sluggish, yes even "scorer supreme" Ben Gordon. During these times Rose would put points on the board in bunches and completely take the game over. He scored 20 points in the 4th on a great defensive team in the Houston Rockets and had plenty outburst of that variety. I hope that intelligently and thoroughly answered the question for you.

pelmen84
10-01-2009, 02:07 PM
He is definitely not a top 5 pg...

but with the way he has been progressing he will be

He averaged 16 and 6 for the season... with 3 free throws per game (comparable to DWill and CP3 rookie seasons)

-Tied NBA record for points scored by a rookie in a playoff debut

-became just the second player in NBA history to record 35 points and 10 assists in his playoff debut

-Won Rookie of the Year

-Won All Star Skills Challenge (could care less about this one)

So how is he overrated? name another person in this league who accomplished this much in his rookie season? PLEASE

klvanzu
10-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Overall? A little. As far as offensively he might even be a tad bit underrated. All you hear about is his driving game when he has an "above average" midrange game, court vision, and handle. There were plenty times last year where the bulls were looking sluggish, yes even "scorer supreme" Ben Gordon. During these times Rose would put points on the board in bunches and completely take the game over. He scored 20 points in the 4th on a great defensive team in the Houston Rockets and had plenty outburst of that variety. I hope that intelligently and thoroughly answered the question for you.

This^ Rose is overrated by those who believe he's already a top 5 PG in the game, but what he did last year was very impressive. He's a top 10 PG and top 5 in the East, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was top 2/3 in the conference after this year. What jumped out to me the most was Rose's ability to completely take over in a number of different games last year. Golden State and Boston were my two favorites.
Golden State 11/21 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6naB2At8vC0)
Boston Game 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOF46nS4Fo)

ChitownbullsBG7
10-01-2009, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLuvph9F9lE

Games like this is why people think he is overrated, when in actuality he isnt. Most people other than Bulls fans didnt watch every game DRose was in to see how well he played.

I just have one question? How many rookies have you seen bring their team back from a 20 point deficit against one of the best defensive teams in the league.

sofargone
10-01-2009, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLuvph9F9lE

Games like this is why people think he is overrated, when in actuality he isnt. Most people other than Bulls fans didnt watch every game DRose was in to see how well he played.

I just have one question? How many rookies have you seen bring their team back from a 20 point deficit against one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Rose doesnt play like a rookie, hell make everyone who calls him overrated look stupid once the season begins.

TheWaterboy
10-01-2009, 11:35 PM
why do you think the thread was made? Maybe because some Bulls fans are comparing him to the top pgs in the league?

No one says rose is better than the top ones, but he is arguably better than some in the top 10.
But no one puts him next to Dwill or CP, However they do say that he can/will be that good.
And if your already being talked about in the top 10, your good. But when you consider that he is a rookie, you can see why people hype him up so much. I agree last season he was over hyped, but only because of his flashes.

bears88
10-01-2009, 11:46 PM
offcourse he has not accomplished anything yet( i mean all stars Trips) he is entering his second season just give him time and you will see this is just his second season and he is just 20 years old you surely do not expect him to accomplish all of those in 2 years come on were is the logic on that some people dont think or dont even take that into consideration people are jumping in to conclusion to fast geez he needs to learn and develope his game. HE WILL BE A TOP 3 OR 4 pg NOW IF YOU ASK ME RONDO IS WAY OVER RATED AND ROSE HAS MORE TALENT then that scrub plus rondo got attiude problems thats why i call him an overrated scrub period rose will be one of the best you just wait and see.

bears88
10-01-2009, 11:56 PM
people are calling rose overrated are nothing but haters thats all I can say just look at his playoffs that was an amazing preformance I never and would not think Rose is overrated now so I hope he shows all his haters that he is not overrated its way i mean way to premature to call him overrated

http://www.runningpast.com/images/jordan45_l.jpg

http://americanthings.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/michael-jordan-by-slashfilmdotcom.jpg