PDA

View Full Version : IS RAJON RONDOS RATING IN 2k10 a bug in the game?

jerseykidd88
09-30-2009, 09:45 AM
i mean come on they made him a top 10 player they need to fix that i think he is so overrated. Devin harris and rose are better :cry:

sixers247
09-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Is he really rated top ten overall?? I usually don't think to much about raitngs in video game sbut that is damn near ridiculous.

CraigtheSoxFan
09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
this needs to be closed

Super.
09-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Suck it Boys. Suck it.

if your really that upset, go edit his ratings yourself

SB75
09-30-2009, 10:08 AM
i mean come on they made him a top 10 player they need to fix that i think he is so overrated. Devin harris and rose are better :cry:

While I don't think Rondo is a top ten player by any stretch of the imagination, Seriously Rose and Harris are not better players. Both have more talent and may become better players than Rondo but neither is at the present moment. Rondo closes out games with wins and drives an ego laden basket ball team keeping 3 Hall Of Fame players happy. What more do you want from a point guard? We have to all remember Basketball is a team sports and Rondo dose a better job leading his team than the two more talented players mentioned above.

Bang Bros89
09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Rondo is nowhere near top 10. But isnt that what player ratings are made of? The talent that the players have. I kno Rondo cant shoot worth ****, but he can definitely run the floor

BkOriginalOne
09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Just because Rondo's rating is in the top 10, doesn't even really make him a top 10 video game player. He still has no shot right? And his dunk is not 99.

His rating is a bit strange, but what would you give a guy who had playoff run like him.
Rondo is better than Rose and Harris right now, BTW.
Harris is overrated, and Rose got handled by Rondo in the playoffs.

BkOriginalOne
09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Rose may become better Better than Rondo, Harris is not as a good a play maker then either of them. And all none of them have the best shooting habbits for PGs, cause their all primarily slashers.
Rondo is the best defender and a triple double threat, and also a starting PG for a champ team, which gives him the slight edge over the others. If Rondo were to ever develop a 3 point shot and increase his FT%, he would be ALL NBA material. YES, I said it.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
well, its not a bug, just an over value by 2k. He is a well balanced PG, so all that probably factors in, but i think overall it could be a few points lower, only due to comparison to other players.

Super.
09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
2k sucks anyway. Live ftw!

Cubs Win
09-30-2009, 10:33 AM

:facepalm:

NYKnickFanatic
09-30-2009, 10:33 AM

:laugh2:

Yeah ok...

sep11ie
09-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Of course he gets a better rating, he's a Celtic. Whats big Baby on there? About 96?

Mavrix
09-30-2009, 10:38 AM
While I don't think Rondo is a top ten player by any stretch of the imagination, Seriously Rose and Harris are not better players. Both have more talent and may become better players than Rondo but neither is at the present moment. Rondo closes out games with wins and drives an ego laden basket ball team keeping 3 Hall Of Fame players happy. What more do you want from a point guard? We have to all remember Basketball is a team sports and Rondo dose a better job leading his team than the two more talented players mentioned above.GTFO

Harris >>>>>>>>>> Rondo

You're crazy.

PennyMy#1
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
This thread is a bug.

FOBolous
09-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Rondo has a better rating than both Rose and Harris because he's a more well rounded player. Think of this year's rating as a fantasy H2H game...players who are more well rounded are rated higher than players who are superior in just 1 or 2 catagories because..well..they're better at more things. I'm actually looking forward to the game because, without how they set the ratings this year, the game will be more realistic because the players are actually going to be good at at what they're suppose to be good at. you're no longer guaranteed a rating above 85 if all you're good at is scoring...sorry monta, stephen jackson, and devin harris.

ManRam
09-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Rondo is way better overall than both Harris and Rose. Is he a top 10 player? No way. I he a top 2-3 PG, it's very debatable honestly. He has very few flaws in his game. He was arguably the Celtics best player in the playoffs last year. His three point shooting is his one flaw, but he's smart enough not to shoot it all that much...yet still shoots a higher percentage than the two overrated PGs the OP mentioned.

b_russ
09-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Based upon how Rondo, Rose, and Harris perform, we'll see those ratings change throughout the season. So many are acting like this "rating" is engraved on their forehead. FOBolous is right though. It looks like game makers are praising all areas of the players game. Not just their scoring ability. I can't explain how Rondo slipped through to the top ten in overall ratings, but you guys will find that you will enjoy doing what what Harris and Rose do best, score. The game won't take that away from you. You'll also find that when you play as Rondo it won't be so fun being him if you're into taking jump shots.

theuuord
09-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Rondo is way better overall than both Harris and Rose. Is he a top 10 player? No way. I he a top 2-3 PG, it's very debatable honestly. He has very few flaws in his game. He was arguably the Celtics best player in the playoffs last year. His three point shooting is his one flaw, but he's smart enough not to shoot it all that much...yet still shoots a higher percentage than the two overrated PGs the OP mentioned.

uh, he shoots a higher percentage because he can play off three Hall of Famers, and therefore basically can pick and choose any open shot he wants.

If Devin Harris played with a Hall of Fame post player, a Hall of Fame swing man, and a Hall of Fame best shooter of our generation, his percentages would be higher, too.

My guess for why his ratings are so high is because his defense is very good and his athleticism is off the charts, but three-point shooting is not his only flaw.

Raph12
09-30-2009, 12:08 PM

He's overrated no doubt, but it's nothing to cry over, as long as his higher ratings don't come from the offensive end, it's not like he'll be taking over any games.

BoratSagdiyev
09-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Of course he gets a better rating, he's a Celtic. Whats big Baby on there? About 96?

Scalabrine is an 87 which is kind of terrible. But at least his speed is at 99.