PDA

View Full Version : Should Kirk Hinrich be traded?

Toenail Clipper
09-30-2009, 01:11 AM
His minutes are starting to lack due to Derrick Rose's success. I believe he should be traded where he can start and play some great minutes, perhaps Lakers? Otherwise, his talent will be wasted!

ZebraCity916
09-30-2009, 01:14 AM
I'd like to see him somewhere else and start also but what they have goin' in Chicago is pretty tight havin' a starting caliber PG come off the bench.

WITZ
09-30-2009, 01:19 AM
The lakers... who are they gonna trade Sasha & the mustache for him :laugh2: .He will probably end up with the t-wolves since they want a team full of PG's apparently or Miami maybe.

Don Starks
09-30-2009, 01:22 AM
i wish the knicks could trade for him.

GoatMilk
09-30-2009, 01:23 AM
golden state needs another guard

maybe trade a big for him?

Storch
09-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Miami

Raph12
09-30-2009, 01:31 AM
His minutes are starting to lack due to Derrick Rose's success. I believe he should be traded where he can start and play some great minutes, perhaps Lakers? Otherwise, his talent will be wasted!

You just want him in LA, DONT CHA!!! just kidding lol.

Yeah this guy is being wasted behind Rose, his talents can put another team over-the-hump (not necessarily a title, whichever hump they need to get over).

zambo4president
09-30-2009, 01:34 AM

Uhh what? He is gonna play alot of minutes at the 1 and the 2. We love Kirk and want to keep him. He is such a great defender and he plays his heart out. I'd hate to see him leave. His talent is not being wasted at all. It's not about who starts the game it's who finishes.

SirCarlton
09-30-2009, 01:38 AM
HAY IM FROM LA SO IMA START A post that says he should come to LA because we all know that fisher is too old(can only make a couple clutch shots) and farmar sucks...if we had hinrich SA would have no chance

abe_froman
09-30-2009, 02:00 AM
You just want him in LA, DONT CHA!!! just kidding lol.

Yeah this guy is being wasted behind Rose, his talents can put another team over-the-hump (not necessarily a title, whichever hump they need to get over).

agreed his is being wasted in chi and with rose there its pretty pointless to keep him.but it depends on what you give for him

but he's a fan fav and there are many bulls fans who would rather he waste his career and the contract he was given just as long as he stays

toovey107
09-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Hinrich is going no where.

DamnGoat
09-30-2009, 02:03 AM
He'll still get plenty of minutes in a backup role to PG and SG since Gordon's gone now.

blazerman
09-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Im sure they look at trade options to see what is available around the deadline. He is a good player and can get the Bulls something decent in return, but who knows what the Bulls will do

GiantMetKnick
09-30-2009, 02:06 AM
I love Hinrich. He'd actually be my pick (thinking realistically) to be the Knicks PG past 2010.

Great player, should be a starter for sure.

Becks2307
09-30-2009, 02:08 AM
ummm his contract SUCKS

9.5 mil this year 9 mil next year and 8 mil in the 11-12 season

nice player though

toovey107
09-30-2009, 02:13 AM
ummm his contract SUCKS

nice player though
Contract is actually not that bad , seeing as it decreases every year like you mentioned. I don't think that sucks by any means.

DamnGoat
09-30-2009, 02:13 AM
ummm his contract SUCKS

nice player though
That's actually a pretty decent contract for a starting caliber PG and the fact that it decreases for the next 3 seasons is not a bad thing.

blazerman
09-30-2009, 02:14 AM
ummm his contract SUCKS

nice player though

He'd help you guys win games!

ST.maarten'stop
09-30-2009, 02:34 AM

****** incase you havent noticed, Gordon is no longer with the bulls. he's piston. The reason his minutes was limited last season was because Gordon was infront of him at 2 guard and rose was at the point. The 2 Guard position is his for the taking. regardless his play time will increase due to the departure of GOrdon.

thedfactor
09-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Yes, he's good enough to start somewhere. Backing up Rose isn't kosher. I wouldn't mind him in Dallas splitting time with Kidd. It would ease the load on Kidd's legs and Kirk is a solid player on both ends of the floor.

dodie53
09-30-2009, 02:49 AM
He'll still get plenty of minutes in a backup role to PG and SG since Gordon's gone now.

i think you are right

toovey107
09-30-2009, 03:02 AM
****** incase you havent noticed, Gordon is no longer with the bulls. he's piston. The reason his minutes was limited last season was because Gordon was infront of him at 2 guard and rose was at the point. The 2 Guard position is his for the taking. regardless his play time will increase due to the departure of GOrdon.

English, please?

I take it you don't know who John Salmons is ..

regardless KH will get plenty of PT as a nice combo guard off the bench.

Becks2307
09-30-2009, 03:03 AM
That's actually a pretty decent contract for a starting caliber PG and the fact that it decreases for the next 3 seasons is not a bad thing.

Contract is actually not that bad , seeing as it decreases every year like you mentioned. I don't think that sucks by any means.

lol you guys, you gotta excuse me I am a knick fan = very afraid of any contract that goes past 2010 lol...so stuff like 9mil a year going into 2012 is a no no in my book. But i guess you are right.

ChiSox219
09-30-2009, 03:03 AM
The Bulls better trade him before the deadline and I could care less what we get back as long as it is an expiring contract.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Yup he will get about 30 min a game.

English, please?

I take it you don't know who John Salmons is ..

regardless KH will get plenty of PT as a nice combo guard off the bench.

He knows who Salmons is, what he is saying though is that there are now THREE guards and not FOUR.

The Bulls better trade him before the deadline and I could care less what we get back as long as it is an expiring contract.

No, not really. We already have the space to land a big name so there is no use to get rid of someone that brings as much to the table as kirk does.

Hellcrooner
09-30-2009, 11:11 AM
if they can get a good shooting guard or power foward yes he should be traded.

And something tells me he WILL get traded in february for either Bosh or Stoudamire if htey accept to extend their contract with bulls.

An interesting option could be try to get blake and outlow from portland or blake and Rudy fernandez.

Carey
09-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Hinrich is one of the best defenders in the league, can play both guards spot despite his lack of size, he's smart and can shoot, Chicago isnt trading him unless somebody offers too much.

SchyGuy11
09-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Uhh what? He is gonna play alot of minutes at the 1 and the 2. We love Kirk and want to keep him. He is such a great defender and he plays his heart out. I'd hate to see him leave. His talent is not being wasted at all. It's not about who starts the game it's who finishes.

agreed we love him. I'd hate to see him go and i doubt he's goin anywhere

TheHeat3
09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Hinrich to the T-Wolves for Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer and everyone else that isn't a PG...get it done!...NOW!

ecorrea
09-30-2009, 11:53 AM
guard rotation of rose salmons hinrich is solid...he aint gettin traded soon, if he does by the deadline

BoratSagdiyev
09-30-2009, 12:01 PM
As a Bulls fan I dont want Hinrich going anywhere. I love Derrick Rose but Hinrich is still my favorite player. The Bulls wont trade Captain Kirk. Smart player with amazing defense!

Markg
09-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I think hes a really good combo guard off the bench.

But seeing as how at least 1 knicks fan wants him ---

Would you trade Kirk for D. Lee?

It seems fair, helps both teams....but WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. Knicks arn't going to spend anymore money than they already are committed to until Lebron, Wade and Bosh are all wearing orange and blue.

But just hypothetically - do people on both sides like this?

JOSKOMANG4
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
-I understand ppl will not be a fan of this whole idea; but in reality, every1 seems to get the jist that Dwayne Wade will be a Bull next season; He just bought a brand new house thats 15 minutes away from the stadium & he grew up in the neighborhood, oh and btw.. his family is still around there.

Miami has to realize that maybe this season; they should get something in return for the 5-star caliber player before it's too late.

Trade suggestion:

Heat acquire SG/PG Kirk Hinrich, contract of Center Jerome James, and 2010 & 2011 1st rd pick from the Bulls in exchange for SG Dwayne Wade.

Heat Lineup: * Agree on buyout of Jerome James; 5 million; saving them 1.6 million. They also receive 2 1st roudn picks in 2010 & 2011.

C: Jermaine O'Neal/Joel Anthony#/Jamaal Magloire
PF: Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem/ Robert Dozier*
SF James Jones/Dorell Wright/Yakhouba Diawara
SG: Kirk Hinrich/ Quentin Richardson/Daequan Cook
PG: Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn / Patrick Beverly*

Bulls Lineup:

Would be the best backcourt in the Eastern Conference. When the Bulls lost Gordon & failed to trade for Boozer, this Bulls 09-10 season looked like in shambles. The acquisition of Wade easily replaces both Hinrich & Gordon; not to mention a healthier Luol Deng this season would also give them a big push.

With this trade, Bulls become the 4th-5th Best in the Eastern Conference.

C: Joakim Noah/Brad Miller/Aaron Gray
PF: Tyrus Thomas/James Johnson*
SF: Luol Deng/ Taj Gibson*
SG: Dwayne Wade/John Salmons/J.Pargo
PG: Derrick Rose/Lyndsay Hunter

JOSKOMANG4
09-30-2009, 12:17 PM
I think hes a really good combo guard off the bench.

But seeing as how at least 1 knicks fan wants him ---

Would you trade Kirk for D. Lee?

It seems fair, helps both teams....but WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. Knicks arn't going to spend anymore money than they already are committed to until Lebron, Wade and Bosh are all wearing orange and blue.

But just hypothetically - do people on both sides like this?

I do admit; I like this trade on both parties; The only thing is the Knicks have a plethora of backup ppl.

ManRam
09-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Hinrich is a great backup, and he's gonna get a lot of minutes. I think it would be foolish for the Bulls to move him.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 12:39 PM
-I understand ppl will not be a fan of this whole idea; but in reality, every1 seems to get the jist that Dwayne Wade will be a Bull next season; He just bought a brand new house thats 15 minutes away from the stadium & he grew up in the neighborhood, oh and btw.. his family is still around there.

Miami has to realize that maybe this season; they should get something in return for the 5-star caliber player before it's too late.

Trade suggestion:

Heat acquire SG/PG Kirk Hinrich, contract of Center Jerome James, and 2010 & 2011 1st rd pick from the Bulls in exchange for SG Dwayne Wade.

Heat Lineup: * Agree on buyout of Jerome James; 5 million; saving them 1.6 million. They also receive 2 1st roudn picks in 2010 & 2011.

C: Jermaine O'Neal/Joel Anthony#/Jamaal Magloire
PF: Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem/ Robert Dozier*
SF James Jones/Dorell Wright/Yakhouba Diawara
SG: Kirk Hinrich/ Quentin Richardson/Daequan Cook
PG: Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn / Patrick Beverly*

Bulls Lineup:

Would be the best backcourt in the Eastern Conference. When the Bulls lost Gordon & failed to trade for Boozer, this Bulls 09-10 season looked like in shambles. The acquisition of Wade easily replaces both Hinrich & Gordon; not to mention a healthier Luol Deng this season would also give them a big push.

With this trade, Bulls become the 4th-5th Best in the Eastern Conference.

C: Joakim Noah/Brad Miller/Aaron Gray
PF: Tyrus Thomas/James Johnson*
SF: Luol Deng/ Taj Gibson*
SG: Dwayne Wade/John Salmons/J.Pargo
PG: Derrick Rose/Lyndsay Hunter

Your a joke. That trade wouldnt even be discussed. Also i know you have no clue about basketball when you have Taj at Sf and Johnson at PF.

JordansBulls
09-30-2009, 12:45 PM

Hinrich for Bynum or Hinrich and Deng for Melo or Hinrich for Boozer or Hinrich and Tyrus for Amare.

Raph12
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Hinrich for Bynum or Hinrich and Deng for Melo or Hinrich for Boozer or Hinrich and Tyrus for Amare.

Hinrich for Bynum will sound good if Bynum busts again this season

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 12:50 PM

1st trade: Not possible

2nd trade: Not possible

3rd trade: Not possible (they have a guy named D-Will)

4th trade: Maybe but i doubt it because i think Phoenix is going to suprise people.

Chicago's#1 fan
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Having Kirk is a big part of why Gordon was expendable, He figures into what will be a very solid three guard rotation. The Bulls would lose much needed depth if he were traded. I expect him to be a Bull until the Bulls can make their anticipated big free agent catch.

Lakerfan In NY
09-30-2009, 01:01 PM

don't trade big for small.

Lakerfan In NY
09-30-2009, 01:17 PM
I think we're over estimating the trade valve of this guy. He's a very solid player, but not going to demand that much in a trade. He's a middle of the pack guard. Not an all-star...but far from a bum...He's a solid NBA guard. But him being traded for an legit all-star...not gonna happen. But for him you can get a couple of good draft picks & a solid big man or expiring contracts for 2010 summer. But why get rid of a Solid guard who can play multiple spots anyway?

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I think we're over estimating the trade valve of this guy. He's a very solid player, but not going to demand that much in a trade. He's a middle of the pack guard. Not an all-star...but far from a bum...He's a solid NBA guard. But him being traded for an legit all-star...not gonna happen. But for him you can get a couple of good draft picks & a solid big man or expiring contracts for 2010 summer. But why get rid of a Solid guard who can play multiple spots anyway?

And this is coming from a guy who team landed Gasol for a BUM in Kwame?

Kirk can be a major piece in a trade for a star. It is all in what a team needs though.

ManRam
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM

I agree. He's a solid player, but he's not going to fetch much at all. He has more value to the Bulls right now than the does for most any other team. They should hold on to him, and I really think they will.

ManRam
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM

Kirk can be a major piece in a trade for a superstar. It is all in what a team needs though.

I've bashed that trade a lot too...but Kwame was contract filler. He just evened out the prices. Marc Gasol, Crittenton, and first round picks in 2008 and 2010 were what the deal was about. Memphis got Donte Green as one of those picks, the 2010 pick is TBD, but probably wont amount to much.

It was a bad trade, but if you are relating Kwame to Kirk, it's not fair. Because there was a lot more involved in that trade, and all of it was youth.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
why would they shed a player who can play both guard positions, play defense, and hit open shots? He is overpaid, and not part of the future, but he can help this season in the playoffs no doubt. Just keep him, and use the cap space when he sheds.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 01:27 PM
I've bashed that trade a lot too...but Kwame was contract filler. He just evened out the prices. Marc Gasol, Crittenton, and first round picks in 2008 and 2010 were what the deal was about. Memphis got Donte Green as one of those picks, the 2010 pick is TBD, but probably wont amount to much.

It was a bad trade, but if you are relating Kwame to Kirk, it's not fair. Because there was a lot more involved in that trade, and all of it was youth.

Yes but Kwame's contract was the CENTER piece of that trade. If that was the case that Kwame wasnt important than Gasol would be in chicago right now.

That trade had EVERYTHING to do with Kwame. Marc Gasol and crittenton were the fillers.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
why would they shed a player who can play both guard positions, play defense, and hit open shots? He is overpaid, and not part of the future, but he can help this season in the playoffs no doubt. Just keep him, and use the cap space when he sheds.

He is going to end being traded eventually, he has too much talent not to start somewhere else.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2009, 01:34 PM
He is going to end being traded eventually, he has too much talent not to start somewhere else.

Why would the Bulls be concerned if he could start somewhere else? He makes what, $18.5 over the next 2 years? What team wants a borderline starting PG/SG who makes that money in these times? I fear the Bulls are stuck with him, unless another team is just in love with what Hinrich brings, which could always happen, but I just don't see it.

bbcmillionaire
09-30-2009, 01:38 PM
though the thought of kirk and kobe might make lakers fans jizz in their pants, lol he's ours for the keeping. Theres a youtube video of him saying that his dream was to always play for he bulls

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Why would the Bulls be concerned if he could start somewhere else? He makes what, $18.5 over the next 2 years? What team wants a borderline starting PG/SG who makes that money in these times? I fear the Bulls are stuck with him, unless another team is just in love with what Hinrich brings, which could always happen, but I just don't see it.

Teams can use a pg of his caliber and will be willing to make a good trade for him. You also look at if a team bombs out in the 2010 F/A they may look to make a trade for players who they think can help.

DLeeicious
09-30-2009, 01:45 PM
ummm his contract SUCKS

nice player though

His contract really doesn't suck if he gets the minutes he should get. And no, his talent is not being wasted he is going to platoon the 1, 2 AND 3 positions all season long filling in on a matchup basis or when there is foul trouble or whenever the need arises. He is so valuable to have for this flexibility.

JordansBulls
09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Honestly if we could trade Rose for Durant then I think we would be more set for the future. Reason being is that we could get Wade next year and a lineup of

Hinrich
Wade
Durant
Tyrus
Noah

Is like our Bulls teams in the 90's.

Carey
09-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Honestly if we could trade Rose for Durant then I think we would be more set for the future. Reason being is that we could get Wade next year and a lineup of

Hinrich
Wade
Durant
Tyrus
Noah

Is like our Bulls teams in the 90's.

Lol It's nice to dream but we already have a PG in Westbrook and Durant is the franchise, Rose is a stud and the franchise for Chicago, Hinrich fits well with Rose, no reason for a trade

DLeeicious
09-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Lol It's nice to dream but we already have a PG in Westbrook and Durant is the franchise, Rose is a stud and the franchise for Chicago, Hinrich fits well with Rose, no reason for a trade

Yep, agreed. I like things the way they are and you guys should too!

magichatnumber9
09-30-2009, 02:22 PM
He should be Rondo's back up.

sofargone
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
hes fine in chicago

Ray_R
09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
golden state needs another guard

maybe trade a big for him?

I suggested Kirk Hinrich and 2010 1st pick for Monta Ellis

and if the rumor is true of him and Curry not being able to share the floor its better trade now then risking it.

CubsBullsfan28
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
he is here to stay for now, but he will end up getting traded eventually. the bulls can get something decent for him in a trade, and they are going to have to extend rose's contract in a couple years. the bulls wont be able to afford paying rose+hinrich+ whoever they go after in 2010. he will be a decent back up until rose grows into being the superstar he is expected to be. kirk is a good a player, but it wouldn't break my heart if he goes somewhere else.

Ray_R
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
He should be Rondo's back up.

r u serios or sarcasm im afraid hinrich will try to kick his *** and rondo would run away

bbcmillionaire
09-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I suggested Kirk Hinrich and 2010 1st pick for Monta Ellis

and if the rumor is true of him and Curry not being able to share the floor its better trade now then risking it.

hey cornando we get raped in that trade

skizzlebizzle5
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Bulls will never get rid of Kirk unless they have too money wise. They kept him over Ben, everyone said tat we couldn't have derrick ben and kirk well yeah kirk plays D and creates plays soo bye bye Ben. The organization love kirk and hes likely going no where. Could you imagine that back court next year if Salmons opts out.

Rose-Hinrich
Wade-Pargo

OMG best eva!!!!!!

Still though our back court is still sick this year

Rose-Hinrich
Salmons-Pargo

skizzlebizzle5
09-30-2009, 03:12 PM
u guys are all dumb, Close this thread. Hes not going anywhere. You can plan on seeing Kirk Luol Derrick and the next stud we sign next year to be here for a long long time

reemy
09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
The lakers... who are they gonna trade Sasha & the mustache for him :laugh2: .He will probably end up with the t-wolves since they want a team full of PG's apparently or Miami maybe.

failed joke, we now only have 2 pg's now

Squad13
09-30-2009, 03:35 PM

:facepalm: You wish

Ray_R
09-30-2009, 03:40 PM

How?

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 03:50 PM

How do we get raped? Ellis is a more valuable player than Kirk and that first would be but at the same time we dont need that trade. Only way i make that trade is if its part of a 3way that sends Ellis somewhere else and we get someone like Boozer or Amare.

ChiSox219
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
No, not really. We already have the space to land a big name so there is no use to get rid of someone that brings as much to the table as kirk does.

We are very close to having max contract money, but it's actually looking like we come up short, which would require a S&T. If we move Hinrich, we can keep Tyrus and Salmons who are both better players.

Our best hope is a team that doesnt have the flexibility at 2010 FA that is either looking at 2011 or in need of a PG for a playoff run. We are not going to get much in return, all I want is an expiring and I think that's very realistic.

Hinrich is incredibly overrated by Bulls fans. He's regularly been abused by bigger players. He last started in 07-08 when opposing PGs had a PER of 17.5 and SGs had a PER of 19.6, his defense is not spectacular as everyone claims.

His career shooting percentage is .415, again not great for a PG who can't do anything but shoot J's.

He's overpaid and could start for about as many teams as AI should be starting for.

Lakerfan In NY
09-30-2009, 05:27 PM

Kirk can be a major piece in a trade for a star. It is all in what a team needs though.

1st: In any trade when your trading a player of P Gasol your NOT going to get back the same value. That's just the fact of the buisness. As a GM try to get back as many pieces that can help you in the future...Like expiring contracts, future draft picks, Young players. Things that won't tie your hands to make future moves ( why trading a big contract P. gasol for another big contract wasn't done)..& thats what they did...Of course we got the better of the deal. We got an allstar but we weren't in a rebuilding stage like they were. There was no need to Dump salary and start over. So you guys really need to let the P. gasol trade go. B/c believe it or not memphis is sittin right were they want to be. Full of Young talent to grow together. No stupid contract over two yrs, & drafts picks, other than the one they own.

2nd.
I didnt say K Hinrich couldn't be useful in a trade. but are you willing to give up him, another solid player like Thomas or Noah & definitely draft picks for a Allstar. When there's nothing wrong w/ him? It's funny b/c in essence your trying to trade way a 6 man of the yr candidate. We'll take him....We're known for take stars that other teams dont want.:):):clap::hi5:

Lakerfan In NY
09-30-2009, 05:33 PM
:D

We are very close to having max contract money, but it's actually looking like we come up short, which would require a S&T. If we move Hinrich, we can keep Tyrus and Salmons who are both better players.

Our best hope is a team that doesnt have the flexibility at 2010 FA that is either looking at 2011 or in need of a PG for a playoff run. We are not going to get much in return, all I want is an expiring and I think that's very realistic.

Hinrich is incredibly overrated by Bulls fans. He's regularly been abused by bigger players. He last started in 07-08 when opposing PGs had a PER of 17.5 and SGs had a PER of 19.6, his defense is not spectacular as everyone claims.

His career shooting percentage is .415, again not great for a PG who can't do anything but shoot J's.

He's overpaid and could start for about as many teams as AI should be starting for.

Hey I hear yall, but every team got one...Hey we got Bynum:D:laugh::laugh:...only different is his upside is just alittle better.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 05:46 PM

I cant possibly take you serious if you think Tyrus is better than kirk.

WITZ
09-30-2009, 05:47 PM
failed joke, we now only have 2 pg's now

Lets see Session,Flynn & Daniels thats 3.But i admit i forgot about Rubio staying in Spain ,the prick.

Ray_R
09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
:facepalm: You wish

we already have an njury prone deng y would we want bynum:D

Wilson
09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
I'd love to have him start at PG for the Lakers. Unfortunately, we have absolutely nothng the Bulls would be interested in (that we'd be willing to trade, at least).

Anyway, I don't think he's going to be minute-starved n Chicago. A lot of minutes just became available with Ben Gordon leaving, and Kirk Hinrich is a perfect back-court mate for Derrick Rose. He can defend shooting guards, spot up, and call the plays if Rose is struggling/taking a rest. There's no need for the Bulls to move him.

xxxplicit69
09-30-2009, 06:35 PM
kirk should stay put, we (bulls need depth at Pg) the way lakers have fisher, farmar and brown. the way boston has rondo and house, etc. rose's jumper isnt that best so kirk brings that dynamic to the PG spot and is good that have in the game during crunch time. and rose attacks the basket like no other at that position, its a good 1-2 punch as long as kirk is asking for too much money.

Jays Claw
09-30-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty sure Kirk Hinrich would like to be traded to a situation that allows him to start basketball games. I really like his defense and his toughness. He would be a good fit on a team like the Golden State Warriors or the Milwaukee Bucks. The two teams I just mentioned need a true point guard that plays defense, can score and distributes the ball very well. I wouldn't say he is being wasted in Chicago because he very effective off the bench.

Kyben36
09-30-2009, 06:52 PM
As a chicago fan, I dont want to see him traded, if he can except his role coming off the bench, it will be a huge help, he can play both guard spots, gives us great D, is a leader, and a great mentor for rose.

ChiSox219
09-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I cant possibly take you serious if you think Tyrus is better than kirk.

Ok man, but I could care less what you think, especially based on the posts you've made.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Ok man, but I could care less what you think, especially based on the posts you've made.

yeah i can care you dont care considering you think Tyrus Thomas brings more to the than Kirk. The same Tyrus Thomas who basketball IQ is so low that he doesnt even know how to spell basketball.

ChiSox219
09-30-2009, 06:59 PM
yeah i can care you dont care considering you think Tyrus Thomas brings more to the than Kirk. The same Tyrus Thomas who basketball IQ is so low that he doesnt even know how to spell basketball.

You're not going to change your mind, that much is clear.

You are wrong though.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2009, 07:07 PM

nah, I agree. He is a good player, but not worth anywhere near what he is paid. And yes, the only chance of moving him I would think would be next summer, when he has 1 year left on his deal.
He was a very good defender a few years ago, when the Bulls were a good team defense. Individually, he gets abused mostly because he is guarding opposing 2 guards routinely now, and he is too small. Even before that, when his big men behind him weren't helping, he was getting torched occasionally.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
You're not going to change your mind, that much is clear.

You are wrong though.

Yes sir your right, TT is clearly the better player. He also has a high basketball IQ. My fault sir.

Ovratd1up
09-30-2009, 07:14 PM
HAY IM FROM LA SO IMA START A post that says he should come to LA because we all know that fisher is too old(can only make a couple clutch shots) and farmar sucks...if we had hinrich SA would have no chance

AND IM FROM CHICAGO AND IMA LET U FINISH

lol ahh get it cuz kanye's from chitown, AAAAhh.

I killed it, didn't I

Fool
09-30-2009, 07:16 PM

This.

Also why would the Lakers take him? They have three PG's.

ChiSox219
09-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes sir your right, TT is clearly the better player. He also has a high basketball IQ. My fault sir.

Tyrus had 1 year of college and has 3 years in the NBA
Kirk had 4 years of college and 6 in the NBA

So yes, I'll concede that Kirk has a higher BBIQ.

But even with that, Tyrus posted a higher PER each of the past two seasons.

AllTheWay
09-30-2009, 07:30 PM

I wished the Lakers would send Morrison's and Farmar's expirings for him. He is the perfect Triangle Point.

heattiltheend94
09-30-2009, 07:39 PM
yes, him to Celtics JK
but seriously he's to good to be a backup

ChitownbullsBG7
09-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Tyrus had 1 year of college and has 3 years in the NBA
Kirk had 4 years of college and 6 in the NBA

So yes, I'll concede that Kirk has a higher BBIQ.

But even with that, Tyrus posted a higher PER each of the past two seasons.

Yes sir your right, your PER shows who is the better player. My fault sir.

Ovratd1up
09-30-2009, 07:56 PM
If the Bulls wanted to get rid of Hinrich later in the season, could they find a salary-dump type trade?

Just say some situation arises where either the Bulls need more cap space or don't want the extra salary and extra years. Can they for sure find someone that will take him for expirings?

These are some I came up with:

Lakers:
Hinrich for Morrison, Shannon Brown, and DJ Mbenga.

Maybe a future second or something to Lakers. The Lakers would be unstoppable. One of the only things they lack is perimiter D and toughness, and Kirk provides both, and with Kobe and Artest also on the wing, they would be tops in defense. He can also stroke the three well enough to be a factor offensively in the triangle (maybe more so than Fisher). There is no injury, no nothing that would stop the Lakers from winning with this lineup:

Hinrich/Fisher/Farmar
Kobe/Vujacic/
Artest/Walton
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/Powell

The Bulls get cap space and Brown, who would be a good backup guard with Derrick.

Rose/Brown
Salmons/Pargo
Deng/Johnson/Morrison
Tyrus/Taj/Mbenga
Noah/Miller/Gray

Heat:
Hinrich for Haslem and Quinn

This could be good for the Heat and the Bulls, as Haslem brings some needed toughness to the Bulls, but Miami loses a lot of its cap space, so maybe it would rather do a deal like

Hinrich/Chalmers
Wade/Cook
Jones/Richardson
Beasely/Garnett
O'Neal/Anthony (forgive me if I am missing some people)

Rose/Quinn
Salmons/Pargo
Deng/Johnson
Tyrus/Haslem/Taj
Noah/Miller

Hinrich for James Jones and Dorrel Wright

Miami loses a three point shooter and a 'potential all star', but gets Hinrich and still retains enough cap space to sign Wade and another superstar in 2010.

Hinrich/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Beasely/Richardson
Haslem/Beasely
O'Neal/Anthony

Bulls lose some of that salary, and get back a three point shooter that could spread the floor with Derrick.

Rose/Pargo
Salmons/Wright
Deng/Jones
Tyrus/Johnson/Taj
Noah/Miller

I will add some more later

your thoughts?

ChiSox219
09-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I wished the Lakers would send Morrison's and Farmar's expirings for him. He is the perfect Triangle Point.

That's interesting, Farmar has some talent and he's young so he could bounce back to something like he was in 07-08.

Send the cash to pay for Morrison and Mbenga to even out the salaries and it's possible.

HouRealCoach
09-30-2009, 08:00 PM
No, He did great with the Bulls and looks comfortable and willing to except his role with the Bulls

BkOriginalOne
09-30-2009, 08:05 PM
He would've already been gone if Portland could've worked out a good enough deal.
I'd like to see Kirk take his game to Phili for a large role, or backup a guy like Deron Williams or Chris Paul. I think Kirk would actually thrive in Sloan's system.
The Lakers would also be a nice place to go.

BowDown
09-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I think KH would be moved in a package deal that would include TT for a big man.

Any ideas? And I doubt it's Bosh.

KH12
09-30-2009, 08:39 PM
If he hasn't been moved yet (specifically the scenarios with us drafting Derrick Rose, and us choosing to keep him over Gordon), it's unlikely he will be dealt. His contract is very friendly now, decreasing every year, and he will get starter minutes backing up PG/SG/SF. There have been plenty of opportunities for the Bulls to get rid of him and they haven't.

Should the Bulls trade Hinrich? No, not unless they're getting a stud post player in return or sign Wade next summer.

MackSnackWrap
09-30-2009, 08:55 PM
ye i think so

Toenail Clipper
09-30-2009, 10:51 PM

Sir, I do not appreaciate you calling me a ******. He is not as efficient as a shooting guard because he can run the floor better than shooting the ball. Be nice hoe

I like you
10-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Monta Ellis and Brandan Wright

for

Hinrich and TThomas

nitric
10-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Monta Ellis and Brandan Wright

for

Hinrich and TThomas

YOu wish :D

azkarraga
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM

lol